Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Anatomy of parts of the biggest ever political betting event

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    edited November 2016
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,927
    edited November 2016
    Good morning PB cricket fans! So Ali and Stoakes walk out on the second day, the former on 99 and hoping to follow Root with a century, to put the visitors in a commanding position in Rajkot.

Edit. And Ali gets his hundred! It's a bit quieter this morning, where is everyone?
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    In very close states such as Michigan and New Hampshire are there not rules which automatically trigger a recount as happened in Florida in 2000? The initial count gave Bush a margin of over 1700 votes - which fell back to less than 600 following the mandatory recount.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

In very close states such as Michigan and New Hampshire are there not rules which automatically trigger a recount as happened in Florida in 2000? The initial count gave Bush a margin of over 1700 votes - which fell back to less than 600 following the mandatory recount.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/recount-rules-battleground-states-2016-presidential-election-231013
  • Options
    RobD said:

justin124 said:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/recount-rules-battleground-states-2016-presidential-election-231013
    Thanks for that!
    I also wondered whether the ballots yet to be received by post could yet significantly alter any results .
  • Options
    justin124 said:

RobD said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that!
    I also wondered whether the ballots yet to be received by post could yet significantly alter any results .
    Probably not, otherwise they wouldn't have been called. I assume they only do that when it is highly unlikely it could change (NH, MI and AZ are still not declared, but Trump already has 279 declared votes).
  • Options
    RobD said:

justin124 said:

RobD said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that!
    Probably not, otherwise they wouldn't have been called. I assume they only do that when it is highly unlikely it could change (NH, MI and AZ are still not declared, but Trump already has 279 declared votes).
    New Hampshire has now been called for Clinton!
  • Options
    justin124 said:

RobD said:

justin124 said:

RobD said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that!
    New Hampshire has now been called for Clinton!
    I don't think it had been previously called since it was so close. NY Times had Clinton leading at 100% declared, but still didn't call it.
  • Options
    New thread....
  • Options
    RobD said:

Huh, PB a lot quieter tonight!

I fell asleep around midnight - stayed up until 8.30 on Wednesday morning :lol:
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,509
    FF43 said:

SeanT said:

Unlike Obama, the only global leader who just unilaterally drones his enemies?

Even Hillary said, "why can't we just drone this guy" of Assange. US presidents assume the imperial right to assassinate, or vapourise, anyone in the world they don't like, as long as it's in a country that won't or can't complain.

America killed thousands in Iraq, Putin kills thousands in Syria. Neither country was or is directly threatened. It's all bollocks. We have virtually no moral superiority any more. That is the problem.

America is responsible for the deaths in Syria. If it hadn't attempted its 'Arab Spring', the Sunni uprising in Syria would never have happened, and Syria would still be a charming holiday destination with an ok-if-you-don't-get-on-the-wrong-side-of-them ruling family.
    I suppose, by the same logic, France and Britain were responsible for the murder of 6 million Jews last century. If they hadn't defended themselves against German invasion, Germany wouldn't have lost WW1, there would have been no Hitler and therefore no Holocaust?

I am sorry. The people responsible for a crime are those that carry it out. Deliberate Russian bombings of marketplaces and hospitals in Syria are the responsibility of the man who ordered them to be carried out - Vladimir Putin.
    You have provided no evidence of such bombings being deliberate. Your post is simple trolling.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Tim_B said:

AndyJS said:

Waiting for a final result?

"One reason we might not know California election results for a while

County election officials across California won’t know exactly how many vote-by-mail ballots have been cast until Monday, which could dial up the intrigue in any super-close races.

As long as a mail-in ballot has been postmarked by election day Tuesday and received within three days, it must be counted by state law. But Friday is Veteran’s Day, a federal holiday with no mail delivery, and government offices are closed on the weekends."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-election-day-2016-the-number-of-mail-in-ballots-cast-will-1478634132-htmlstory.html

Well color me a spoiler, but I doubt we need to wait in suspense for the California result.
    Jill Stein vote percentage
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

FF43 said:

SeanT said:

Unlike Obama, the only global leader who just unilaterally drones his enemies?

Even Hillary said, "why can't we just drone this guy" of Assange. US presidents assume the imperial right to assassinate, or vapourise, anyone in the world they don't like, as long as it's in a country that won't or can't complain.

America killed thousands in Iraq, Putin kills thousands in Syria. Neither country was or is directly threatened. It's all bollocks. We have virtually no moral superiority any more. That is the problem.

America is responsible for the deaths in Syria. If it hadn't attempted its 'Arab Spring', the Sunni uprising in Syria would never have happened, and Syria would still be a charming holiday destination with an ok-if-you-don't-get-on-the-wrong-side-of-them ruling family.
    I suppose, by the same logic, France and Britain were responsible for the murder of 6 million Jews last century. If they hadn't defended themselves against German invasion, Germany wouldn't have lost WW1, there would have been no Hitler and therefore no Holocaust?

I am sorry. The people responsible for a crime are those that carry it out. Deliberate Russian bombings of marketplaces and hospitals in Syria are the responsibility of the man who ordered them to be carried out - Vladimir Putin.
    You have provided no evidence of such bombings being deliberate. Your post is simple trolling.
    Russia must have the shitest Intel ever then because they are doing it every day.
This discussion has been closed.