Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Anatomy of parts of the biggest ever political betting event

Comments

• Options
    RobD said:

Hyperbole of the evening?

C4 News Foreign Editor Lindsey Hilsum "diplomats are saying this could be the end of the West as we know it". C4 News then cut to more nonsense from the European mainland and comment that its the anniversary of kristallnacht.

its the end of the world as we know it.... File under WTF.

Wait, I thought that Brexit was the end of Western Civilization?
    No, Trump is apparently far far worse........
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,851
    MikeL said:

CNN and NYT just called MN for Clinton.

She's now only 12,000 behind in Michigan - if she were to win that (a big if) then if PA had gone the other way it would have been 269-269.

So I think ultimately PA was the critical state.

What would have happened if they'd been "tied" like that?

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

It was noticeable that Donald Trump didn't have a single "celebrity" endorsement. Hopefully they will get the message now and take their inflated egos and stay out of politics.

He had the endorsement of the people... well, the electors at least :D
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,290
    edited November 2016
    GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

She's now only 12,000 behind in Michigan - if she were to win that (a big if) then if PA had gone the other way it would have been 269-269.

I believe it goes to House of Reps where Trump wins.
  • Options

RobD said:

C4 News Foreign Editor Lindsey Hilsum "diplomats are saying this could be the end of the West as we know it". C4 News then cut to more nonsense from the European mainland and comment that its the anniversary of kristallnacht.

Are you telling me that the Remain camp overhyped their message? :D
  • Options
    SeanT said:
    Serves the Democrats right.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2016

It was noticeable that Donald Trump didn't have a single "celebrity" endorsement. Hopefully they will get the message now and take their inflated egos and stay out of politics.

Ted Nugent's has called and said oi....

A bigger thing is somebody has won without a billion dollar advertising campaign.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,927
    edited November 2016
    murali_s said:

To be honest the left have to take some responsibility for what has been happening over the last few years. Complacency and smugness has come back to bite them on the backside.

What is at risk with a Trump presidency - is the Paris Climate Agreement in jeopardy for example? - something that the world has painstakingly come together on. I would be desperately sad if we regress in this area (and I know this will not resonate with many on here).

It will be interesting to see Trump's views on these international agreements - traditionally the US has been keen to stay away from them but Obama took a more collaborative approach. My guess is that he will stay on board with Paris as long as those that export goods to the US (China, India, Taiwan) are also on board with them.

He has already said he will renegotiate NAFTA, which has led to the offshoring of millions of jobs to Mexico and has driven a lot of his support. TTIP is definitely dead, as is TTP. A trade deal with UK could be on the cards though, and we should be pushing hard for it - send Boris over for a meeting of haircuts.

Domestically, he will enact major healthcare reform, will attempt to find a way of getting the big money out of politics and, with encouragement of the Republicans in congress, try and return to the States the right to rule on moral issues such as abortion and gay marriage - which R states don't like having liberal values forced upon them from Washington. He a,so mentioned an infrastructure building plan creating thousands of jobs repairing and replacing roads and bridges, which is a big problem in a lot of states.

Some of that you'll like, most of it you probably won't - but it will be good to watch from a distance as the next four years unfold. If it succeeds then great, if not it gives the left a chance in 2020 - if they can appeal to the WWC and stop talking about transgendered bathrooms and safe spaces.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    murali_s said:

To be honest the left have to take some responsibility for what has been happening over the last few years. Complacency and smugness has come back to bite them on the backside.

What is at risk with a Trump presidency - is the Paris Climate Agreement in jeopardy for example? - something that the world has painstakingly come together on. I would be desperately sad if we regress in this area (and I know this will not resonate with many on here).

Well said sir. I'm not a die hard tree hugger but it's as clear as crystal we can't go on without some sort of concern for the environment. So yes that's a potential issue.

I suspect Trump is probably having a wtf moment now too (!), but I think he might prove a bit more pragmatic than the campaign rhetoric suggested. Well fingers crossed at least!
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,194
    I know how you all like your safe spaces on here, so here is Daniel Gould's review of last Weekend's X Factor:

http://tinyurl.com/p5et5zr
  • Options
    Fox just confirmed Dow Future was down 800 overnight.

So Dow has effectively risen by 1,000.
  • Options
    Hard to imagine that 24 hours ago we were all talking about SC being too close to call! What a day.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    MikeL said:

Isn't the Dow Future a prediction of the opening price?
  • Options

Given how "tight" the result was it's not impossible that those celebrity endorsements actually cost Hillary the election.

Being associated with multi-millionaire celebs like Springsteen, Lady Gaga, and Beyonce would have just reinforced the notion that the Clinton's are in it for the money and to reward their rich friends...

That would be particularly so in the rust belt.

Celeb endorsements worked well in the 90's when Bill and Tony were in the ascendancy but post 2008... Not so much...
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Are you telling me that the Remain camp overhyped their message? :D
    Is the Pope a Catholic?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,112
    RobD said:

Trump is Mr Brexit!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Remember how the media were all fawning over team clinton doing the manakin stunt on the plane...well they are definitely looking like a load of dummies this evening!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    RobD said:

MikeL said:

Isn't the Dow Future a prediction of the opening price?
    Yes. So in middle of night, it was expected Dow would fall 800.

It's now up 200.

So it's up 1,000 vs expectation in middle of night.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,760
    GIN1138 said:

Given how "tight" the result was it's not impossible that those celebrity endorsements actually cost Hillary the election.

Being associated with multi-millionaire celebs like Springsteen, Lady Gaga, and Beyonce would have just reinforced the notion that the Clinton's are in it for the money and to reward their rich friends...

Celeb endorsements worked well in the 90's when Bill and Tony were in the ascendancy but post 2008... Not so much...
    Obama still has that knack of winning elections. First he attacks Brexit, then Trump.

it was Obama wot won it
  • Options
    MikeL said:

GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

Oh right. Thanks for confirming that.
  • Options
    Worth saying that Rod Crosby made another prediction. We're due an assassination.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    SeanT said:
    The Donald: "Pence, find out if the CIA still have heart attack guns."
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Worth saying that Rod Crosby made another prediction. We're due an assassination.

What happened to the story about the shooting at the polling station?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

Oh right. Thanks for confirming that.
    So Biden running would have stopped Trump. No way the man from Scranton would have lost Penn.

Which means his son was right to tell him to promise to run.
  • Options

SeanT said:
    Serves the Democrats right.
    I wonder at what point between then and now, Mr Obama thought he might actually end up handing over to Trump - 9pm last night?
  • Options
    SeanT said:
    He who laughs last....
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,352
    Sandpit said:

AndyJS said:

NYT predicts Clinton to win popular vote by 1.3 points. That would be about 1.7 million votes.

Looking good for my turnout bet then, although from the sound of things it is going to take a few days to have the final tally to Mr @Shadsy's satisfaction.
    It's interesting how people accept anything they're used to. The idea that it's OK to elect a president who actually had fewer votes than his opponent is weird. And I don't think people accept it because they've followed the 1779 rationale (a compromise between democracy and protecting small states from being dominated by big ones). It's just that it's how things are, in the same way that we live with still having hereditary peers in the Lords, which is surely indefensible to any rational mind.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383

The only ones I saw on Twitter were James Wood, Clint Eastwood and I think Nick Nolte.

They're very assertive in their support. James is most amusing.

The media is the most interesting angle for me now. So many have colluded or cheerlead, they've ruined the last shreds of credibility.

I can't think of more than a handful who I'd pay any attention to nowadays.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

I know how you all like your safe spaces on here

Admirably honest of you.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Apparently Trump has just appointed a climate change skeptic to manage the transition to the new US environmental policy. I think I may have done an embarrassing little orgasm in my napkin as I sit in this bistro.

Steve Goddard is a massive Trump fan, and runs the Hot Air website. He's totally no nonsense. Is it him?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

Her weirdness, her shouting, her entitlement, her age, Obamacare, Black Lives Matter, creepy Bill, her health, her total lack of policies, Islamic terror, hypocrisy, her elite status, her corrupt Foundation, and most of all "Basket of Deplorables" cost Hillary the election.

Memo to all future candidates: don't tell half of fucking America that they are "deplorable".
    Rather than asking clinton emails vs pussygate, they should have asked deplorables vs pussygate.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited November 2016

It's interesting how people accept anything they're used to. The idea that it's OK to elect a president who actually had fewer votes than his opponent is weird. And I don't think people accept it because they've followed the 1779 rationale (a compromise between democracy and protecting small states from being dominated by big ones).

If I recall correctly, we represent something like 13% of the EU population but only get 8% of the voting rights under QMV in the EU. Seems like there are parallels.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

AndyJS said:

NYT predicts Clinton to win popular vote by 1.3 points. That would be about 1.7 million votes.

Looking good for my turnout bet then, although from the sound of things it is going to take a few days to have the final tally to Mr @Shadsy's satisfaction.
    It's interesting how people accept anything they're used to. The idea that it's OK to elect a president who actually had fewer votes than his opponent is weird. And I don't think people accept it because they've followed the 1779 rationale (a compromise between democracy and protecting small states from being dominated by big ones). It's just that it's how things are, in the same way that we live with still having hereditary peers in the Lords, which is surely indefensible to any rational mind.
    Except rational minds don't build the world. It gets created, layer upon layer, from the chaos of today and the past.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

AndyJS said:

Presumably the states could change how they dish out their delegates if they wanted to? But it would instantly make their states less important if they were not winner takes all.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    tlg86 said:

SeanT said:
    He who laughs last....
    No way this is the last laugh. Satire is going to boom, Alec Baldwin will make a packet.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    A consolation for the Dems is that even after 2 terms of incumbency and a deeply flawed candidate, they have still been able to score about 220 EVs. They only need a slight improvmeent in Florida and one of the rust belt states to unseat Trump in 2020.
  • Options

Ted Nugent's has called and said oi....

A bigger thing is somebody has won without a billion dollar advertising campaign.
    Thiel is another Trump man IIRC. He helped to bankrupt Gawker.
  • Options

A consolation for the Dems is that even after 2 terms of incumbency and a deeply flawed candidate, they have still been able to score about 220 EVs. They only need a slight improvmeent in Florida and one of the rust belt states to unseat Trump in 2020.

I do wonder if he'll run again in 2020. He has so much baggage!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Just put the bbc one programme on and their two balances talking heads were republican women for hiliary and a democratic super pac woman banging on about too many straight men in charge. No wonder they never get what is going on.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610
    I really hope that votecastr is back next time, gullible punters basing their bets on that instead of real results was highly profitable.
  • Options

Eh? I know celebrity is stretching it for some of these, but I don't remember Trump disowning any of them.

'29 celebrities who love and endorse Donald Trump'

http://tinyurl.com/ogk67b7
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

I really hope that votecastr is back next time, gullible punters basing their bets on that instead of real results was highly profitable.

Looks like they've gone to ground.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,324
    tlg86 said:

Sandpit said:

AndyJS said:

Presumably the states could change how they dish out their delegates if they wanted to? But it would instantly make their states less important if they were not winner takes all.
    Eleven states have petitioned previously for a change to one person one vote. Which makes more sense for electing a single person across the USA. As well as making sure the most popular candidate wins, in most of the states you know who is going to get the ECVs before the contest even starts, and any normal size vote change within that state has no effect on the result.
  • Options

Will Donald Trump definitely be the Republican candidate in 2020? Obviously he could step down, but could the Party chose someone else anyway?
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

It would go to the Republican house and they would elect Trump.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Will Donald Trump definitely be the Republican candidate in 2020? Obviously he could step down, but could the Party chose someone else anyway?
    If Trump is a disaster then perhaps the Republicans will be smart enough to run a single candidate against him in the primaries to avoid what happened this time around.
  • Options
    Whys is it always the left that goes on about voting reform after they lose? :p
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Jonathan said:

tlg86 said:

SeanT said:
    He who laughs last....
    No way this is the last laugh. Satire is going to boom, Alec Baldwin will make a packet.
    SNL is going to be must-watch for the next four years. Their election sketches for the past few weeks have been superb, culminating with Trump kissing Putin last week.

I just watched The Daily Show, which went out live just as the result became obvious last night. It was an hour of almost no jokes, might as well have been following a funeral. I'm sure they'll pick up though, Donald will give them plenty of material.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

He could easily disappoint or alienate the electorate, I can't see him being loved in the way that Reagan was.
  • Options
    :smiley:

Bill Mitchell
    Not only is #spiritcooking weird, evil and gross, apparently it doesn't work...
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    tlg86 said:

SeanT said:
    He who laughs last....
    Scary to think someone so thin skinned in charge of nuclear weapons that could wipe out the world. Yikes!
  • Options
    This bbc one special is an echo chamber...now onto 3 foreign policy experts who all think everybody who has anything to do with trump campaign is totally bonkers.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

tlg86 said:

Sandpit said:

AndyJS said:

Eleven states have petitioned previously for a change to one person one vote. Which makes more sense for electing a single person across the USA. As well as making sure the most popular candidate wins, in most of the states you know who is going to get the ECVs before the contest even starts, and any normal size vote change within that state has no effect on the result.
    Yes, switch to AV!
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:

tlg86 said:

SeanT said:
    He who laughs last....
    SNL is going to be must-watch for the next four years. Their election sketches for the past few weeks have been superb, culminating with Trump kissing Putin last week.

I just watched The Daily Show, which went out live just as the result became obvious last night. It was an hour of almost no jokes, might as well have been following a funeral. I'm sure they'll pick up though, Donald will give them plenty of material.
    Bigly....
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Trump was deep in the incredibly racist Birther shit in 2011. If you don't think he deserved to be mocked then all I can say is "Safe space, saaaaafe spaaaaaace"
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Great to see the little love in of the pbCOM facist scumbags....(pbTory...is no longer fit for purpose since no Tories actually came out for Trump.)...you lot here are much worse.

I'll come back to see how excited you are about about LePen....good riddance until them you vile people.....
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Trump was deep in the incredibly racist Birther shit in 2011. If you don't think he deserved to be mocked then all I can say is "Safe space, saaaaafe spaaaaaace"

Someone is saying he shouldn't be mocked for that?
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

SeanT said:

Apparently Trump has just appointed a climate change skeptic to manage the transition to the new US environmental policy. I think I may have done an embarrassing little orgasm in my napkin as I sit in this bistro.

Steve Goddard is a massive Trump fan, and runs the Hot Air website. He's totally no nonsense. Is it him?
    Hopefully renewables have come down in price so much that businesses will help save the planet despite Trump.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    Sandpit said:

PlatoSaid said:

William Crawley
    Election nerds will Iove this -- the official guide to presidential transition. https://t.co/gE97Avjw3Y

That's brilliant, showing the amount of planning that goes in to the transition process. Contrast with the UK election, where it all happens the day after the vote, although with some CS support for opposition parties during the election process.

Oh, and 4,100 Presidential appointees. Maybe we should all send our CVs to Trump Tower?
    As it's not a Parliamentary system, there's not the same divide between political appointees (ministers in Parliament in our system) and career civil servants (permanent secretaries and their ilk) in the US. It used to go even further under the old "spoils system" ended in the late 19th century with almost all federal government appointments down to local postmaster being in the gift of Presidential patronage when administrations changed.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Frank luntz saying wasn't shy trump voters, it was uncorporative trump supporters who would not respond to polling requests.
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    nunu said:

GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

It would go to the Republican house and they would elect Trump.
    And the Senate would have elected Pence
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040

PlatoSaid said:

SeanT said:

Hopefully renewables have come down in price so much that businesses will help save the planet despite Trump.
    Very possible. I hope Trump's rhetoric on climate change is just that!
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,951
    I wish SPIN would settle their state spreads....
  • Options
    rpjs said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSaid said:

William Crawley
    Election nerds will Iove this -- the official guide to presidential transition. https://t.co/gE97Avjw3Y

That's brilliant, showing the amount of planning that goes in to the transition process. Contrast with the UK election, where it all happens the day after the vote, although with some CS support for opposition parties during the election process.

Oh, and 4,100 Presidential appointees. Maybe we should all send our CVs to Trump Tower?
    As it's not a Parliamentary system, there's not the same divide between political appointees (ministers in Parliament in our system) and career civil servants (permanent secretaries and their ilk) in the US. It used to go even further under the old "spoils system" ended in the late 19th century with almost all federal government appointments down to local postmaster being in the gift of Presidential patronage when administrations changed.
    Every day is a school day on PB, thanks for the history lesson! ;)
  • Options
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

I hope pb-ers made good money on this election? Some of the odds were just insane - as even I, a Hillary predictor - realised late last night. At one point Trump was over 8, even as exits polls implied some high white working class turnout.

Did the odds get crazier than that? I went to bed at midnight.

Anyone know who made the most money, apart from Rod Crosby?
    I had a minor win - about £480 in total, mostly because I forgot about a few Trumpy state bets after flipping my book toward Hilary at massive cost about 1.30am.

Saw DT at 10s at some point, didn't we?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    FFS this bbc one programme is laughable, now freedland from the guardian...every single guest is anti-trump trying to dissect why trump won.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

I hope pb-ers made good money on this election? Some of the odds were just insane - as even I, a Hillary predictor - realised late last night. At one point Trump was over 8, even as exits polls implied some high white working class turnout.

There was a 150 minute switch over between both candidates being at 10/1 - 11 on Betfair - between about 1am and 3:30 UK time.

Mr @Dromedary apparently came close to being six figures up on the night!
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    SeanT said:

Sean - do you believe in AGW or do you like many of the dimwits who reside on this blog think it's all 'madeup'?
  • Options

Sandpit said:

AndyJS said:

Much, much more defensible than stuffing the lords with (often mediocre) political appointees.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

SeanT said:

Sean - do you believe in AGW or do you like many of the dimwits who reside on this blog think it's all 'madeup'?
    Charming!
  • Options
    murali_s said:

Whatever barmy views he has I'm sure Trump cares most about money.

• Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited November 2016

Frank luntz saying wasn't shy trump voters, it was uncorporative trump supporters who would not respond to polling requests.

Rubbish.

Pollsters didn't believe their own numbers.
    Republican strategy pollsters like Trafalgar got the right numbers, and Seltzer too and the occasional Survey USA poll and Siena.

How did IBD/TIPP got it right, how did Rasmussen got it right ?

Instead we got yougov polls and survey monkey polls which were crap nationally but showed a better picture locally in the Mid West along with Reuters.

And lets not start with the herding in which every poll showed Hillary leading by 4.
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:

tlg86 said:

SeanT said:
    He who laughs last....

Bigly....
    Where does this word bigly come from? First time I noticed it was a week or so ago & now it's all over the place.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    AnneJGP said:

Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:

tlg86 said:

SeanT said:
    He who laughs last....

Bigly....
    Where does this word bigly come from? First time I noticed it was a week or so ago & now it's all over the place.
    Trump uses the phrase "big league" a lot but it comes out sounding like bigly.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

They probably won't until the very last state gets called.
  • Options
    AnneJGP said:

Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:

tlg86 said:

SeanT said:
    He who laughs last....

Bigly....
    I think it's when trump says "big league"
  • Options
    AnneJGP said:

Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:

tlg86 said:

SeanT said:
    He who laughs last....

Bigly....
    It's how Trump says big league.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited November 2016
    edit
  • Options
    Obligatory video of the first Trump TV interview discussing him running for President 36 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5VEjF1uhYo
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    snip
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Rubbish.

Republican strategy pollsters like Trafalgar got the right numbers, and Seltzer too and the occasional Survey USA poll and Siena.

Instead we got yougov polls and survey monkey polls which were crap nationally but showed a better picture locally in the Mid West along with Reuters.

And lets not start with the herding in which every poll showed Hillary leading by 4.
    Polls which showed Clinton in the lead nationally were right.
  • Options

Speedy said:

Rubbish.

But the state pollsters, the more important ones, were crap.
  • Options
    AnneJGP said:

Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:

tlg86 said:

SeanT said:
    He who laughs last....

Bigly....
    It sounds like a hillbilly word.
  • Options

Speedy said:

Rubbish.

Not by 4-7%.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

At about 1:30 last night Trump was 12 to 1.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    SeanT said:

Alistair said:

Not saying he shouldn't be mocked. He's a bloody womanising billionaire. Mock away. Just that the mockery was quite vicious, and probably done in expectation of no response. But Trump is also very definitely an alpha male, and you can see in that video - I think - how badly he took that derision. The ruffled silverback.

He was not happy. Apparently the next year he registered the political phrase "Make America Great Again"
    Up until 1am this morning it looked like a political masterstroke to rile Trump up and get him to run.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Mortimer said:

Someone suggested earlier on here that California count as quickly as possible until they're sure the Democrat has won, then start again and count all the votes 'properly' over about three or four days.

I fear that state, pop vote margin and turnout bets are going to be paid next week - assuming no legal challenges anywhere. :(
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Sandpit said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

There was a 150 minute switch over between both candidates being at 10/1 - 11 on Betfair - between about 1am and 3:30 UK time.

That must go down as the greatest betting opportunity in the history of PB?
    2016 must be a golden year for betting opportunities.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,666

To celebrate the election of President Trump, I'm off to Micky D's for supper.

Michael Dukakis? Is he a Trumper?
  • Options
    Merkel is so dour. And so wrong on so many issues.

Will she be retiring soon?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Sandpit said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

Various financial professionals were claiming that betting on Hillary at 1.1 was free money.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Speedy said:

Mortimer said:

Someone suggested earlier on here that California count as quickly as possible until they're sure the Democrat has won, then start again and count all the votes 'properly' over about three or four days.

I fear that state, pop vote margin and turnout bets are going to be paid next week - assuming no legal challenges anywhere. :(
    Kelly Ayotte may challenge for a recount in N.H.
  • Options

SeanT said:

Sandpit said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

Various financial professionals were claiming that betting on Hillary at 1.1 was free money.
    For the other side, it turns out!

Was impressed by The NY Times projection. They had Trump down for FL quite early on
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    murali_s said:

PlatoSaid said:

SeanT said:

He can't do a thing about state programmes to combat climate change.
    Three cheers for states' rights.
  • Options
    On the plus side my new shovel has arrived, so I can get cracking on my bomb shelter tomorrow.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Alistair said:

Not saying he shouldn't be mocked. He's a bloody womanising billionaire. Mock away. Just that the mockery was quite vicious, and probably done in expectation of no response. But Trump is also very definitely an alpha male, and you can see in that video - I think - how badly he took that derision. The ruffled silverback.

He was not happy. Apparently the next year he registered the political phrase "Make America Great Again"
    Up until 1am this morning it looked like a political masterstroke to rile Trump up and get him to run.
    This is worth reading if people haven't seen it before.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,112

SeanT said:

Sandpit said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

It was for the people on the other side of the trade.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    edited November 2016
    @tyson

'Great to see the little love in of the pbCOM facist scumbags....(pbTory...is no longer fit for purpose since no Tories actually came out for Trump.)...you lot here are much worse.

I'll come back to see how excited you are about about LePen....good riddance until them you vile people.....'

Big mouth that manages to get the wrong call on everything now wetting himself,good riddance.
This discussion has been closed.