Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If elected, will Hillary or the Donald be impeached?

Comments

• Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Tim Gatt
    What it means to win an Olympic gold medal. Congratulations, Giles Scott. #TeamGB #Rio2016 https://t.co/gohj3CWy8L
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,300
    edited August 2016
    PlatoSaid said:

Tim Gatt
    What it means to win an Olympic gold medal. Congratulations, Giles Scott. #TeamGB #Rio2016 https://t.co/gohj3CWy8L

All Tyson sees in that video is a posho having a break down....
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,209
    Looking at SPOTY odds, does anyone think Laura Trott might be a good each way bet? I say this because all of the others are men. She will certainly be nominated and I can see her getting bigged up by the BBC.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,651

PlatoSaid said:

Tim Gatt

The funny thing is to compare the price of the dinghy he is in with a season ticket to *watch* The People's Sport (TM)...
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,187
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Does anyone else think Clinton will only do 1 term if she is elected?

Yes. Her health will never last 8 years at her age under that kind of pressure.
    There were pictures last week of her being helped up some stairs with helpers taking both arms. Her poor health isn't a theoretical fear - it's on open display.
    There was also a picture of her having clearly not made it to the toilet in time. I assumed that both were photo-shopped fakes. Who knows? That the dreadful old bat might become president of the USA is a terrible indictment of the state of that country.
    e got a choice between her and Trump. I mean - seriously?!! What does that say about them?
    There is definitely a thing where our brightest and best don't touch politics with a barge poll.
    Trump is a billionaire and Hillary a top lawyer and former Secretary of State, there may be other more likeable and appealing candidates but given the leader of our opposition is Jeremy Corbyn, who has never had a proper job outside politics and has 2 Es at A Level, I don't think we should criticise the US too much
    Fair, but we the public don't choose the leaders of our parties, or haven't anywhere to the same extent. The failings of our leaders is therefore down to us less than with them.
    Actually we do more than ever before, while we don't have the primaries which picked Trump and Clinton, Corbyn was picked by hundreds of thousands of Labour Party members and May would also have been chosen by party members had Leadsom not dropped out
    More than ever before is still less than in the states was the point, inasmuch as absolving us goes. We also don't know May would have won. Probably, but the very fact they were not asked, and not many people cared, shoes a difference.
    All the polls showed May was the most popular candidate, both with the public and Tory members, I doubt primaries would have made much difference.
    Never said they would have. As I made clear twice that wasn't the point being made.
    The problem is the US has a presidential system, we are electing the equivalent of the Speaker of the House of Representatives which makes primaries a bit more difficult. France now has primaries for its presidential candidates too
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    John_M said:

tlg86 said:

We need to make the case to get darts into the games.

We need to beat the US at their own game. Need to have varied cycling events where people wave their arms about in different ways while riding.
    Given the norm on British roads we could have the cycle sprint without holding the handlebars or even a time trial on how many red lights can be passed. Better still we could have a commuter car going around the velodrome behind two cyclists side by side seeing how wide they can make themselves preventing a pass being achieved.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited August 2016

PlatoSaid said:

Tim Gatt

The funny thing is to compare the price of the dinghy he is in with a season ticket to *watch* The People's Sport (TM)...
    I used to sail in a boat very similar to the tub used in the fin class – second hand cost £200. - And that included the trailer to go with it.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    deleted.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

Greg Rutherford reporting he has his phone nicked.

I hope there are nude selfies....

nobody wants to see ginger pubes....
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Moses_ said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

We need to beat the US at their own game. Need to have varied cycling events where people wave their arms about in different ways while riding.
    Given the norm on British roads we could have the cycle sprint without holding the handlebars or even a time trial on how many red lights can be passed. Better still we could have a commuter car going around the velodrome behind two cyclists side by side seeing how wide they can make themselves preventing a pass being achieved.
    Love it! I also believe we would destroy all competition in the 'cycling erratically while making rude hand gestures' event. Just needs a daft name.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154
    John_M said:

Moses_ said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

Love it! I also believe we would destroy all competition in the 'cycling erratically while making rude hand gestures' event. Just needs a daft name.
    "Urban cycling"? With extra points for each car roof banged on with a fist....
  • Options
    John_M said:

Moses_ said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

The Deliveroo-ium ?
  • Options
    We're on to something here, lads.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    tlg86 said:

Looking at SPOTY odds, does anyone think Laura Trott might be a good each way bet? I say this because all of the others are men. She will certainly be nominated and I can see her getting bigged up by the BBC.

No. There are more than enough other cyclists around to be nominated, including her fiance, Jason Kenny. Even if Laura Trott is nominated as a female gold medallist, women tend to underperform in SPotY, so you still might not collect.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    @Tyson

U OK hun?
  • Options
    Murray wins first set.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    As this it a thread about election of the US president. Has anybody else seen this new add/video by Gary Johnson the Libertarian Party Candidate, I think it is really good and the Facebook version has been seen 800,000 times in less than 24h.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPD8kPiOygA

If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it and would love to have your thoughts?
  • Options
    Murray takes 1st set
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,522
    Murray a set up...
  • Options
    1st set to the British tennis player.
  • Options
    We have overtaken China in the Medal Table and moved into second place
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Twycross Zoo is offering free entry to gingers on World Orang-utan Day :smiley:
  • Options
    ThrakThrak Posts: 494

John_M said:

Moses_ said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

The Deliveroo-ium ?
    In which, they have to ride round the track, stopping to deliver a set number of meals, giving the exact change (not having any notes being an automatic disqualification) and not forgetting any of the sodding items, yet again.
  • Options
    Joshua Buatsi is fighting in an hour. If he wins, its another guaranteed medal. So far he has looked scary.
  • Options
    I am in Canada and haven't see us win one gold or caught a single medal ceremony. I am loving us winning so much, but it's not the same if you can't actually watch it. I love the anthem and the flag and the winners' reactions. Gets me every time. Hopefully, they'll be an iPlayer compilation.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    PlatoSaid said:

Twycross Zoo is offering free entry to gingers on World Orang-utan Day :smiley:
    when I said I hope there are ofcourse I meant I hope there aren't. *innocent face*
  • Options
    Thrak said:

John_M said:

Moses_ said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

The Deliveroo-ium ?
    In which, they have to ride round the track, stopping to deliver a set number of meals, giving the exact change (not having any notes being an automatic disqualification) and not forgetting any of the sodding items, yet again.
    But it is a strictly amateur sport.....
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154
    Thrak said:

Thrak said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf
    Windsurf ( just made official)
    Finn (Tuesday conformation)

Silver
    Pommel

No the windsurfing was silver.
    BBC just stated its confirmed as gold
    They misspoke. The gold to come is in Finn sailing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36688211
    Ok silver. Settle for that. Can't win everything it would be rude.

On Tyson scale is windsurf a posh sport?
    Definitely far too posho.
    Windsurfing is hipster, where does that fall on the scale?
    I thought hipster was kite surfing?
    That's double hipster. Other hipster sports include skateboarding, surfboarding, snowboarding and beard trimming.
    Surfbearding?
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    The sport you are after is Raleigh Grifter racing around a housing estate course.

A key technical rule is that two of the colour coded gears must not work properly.

• Options
    I have to say Chris Hoy very good in the cycling coverage, compared to grumpy bum in the rowing or Denise "everybody else is s##t" Lewis.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

No. There are more than enough other cyclists around to be nominated, including her fiance, Jason Kenny. Even if Laura Trott is nominated as a female gold medallist, women tend to underperform in SPotY, so you still might not collect.
    I'd have thought Trott is nailed on to be nominated. And a lot will be made of her and Kenny and I think that might be to her advantage. I see Murray is the favourite but I can't see him winning again even though he's had a very good year.
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

The sport you are after is Raleigh Grifter racing around a housing estate course.

A key technical rule is that two of the colour coded gears must not work properly.

What about the "Chopper"...with the danger gear shifter being a requirement of the bike.
  • Options

I am in Canada and haven't see us win one gold or caught a single medal ceremony. I am loving us winning so much, but it's not the same if you can't actually watch it. I love the anthem and the flag and the winners' reactions. Gets me every time. Hopefully, they'll be an iPlayer compilation.

so nice to see patriotic lefties, that don't hate on people because they choose a sport that is not popular with the masses.
  • Options
    nunu said:

so nice to see patriotic lefties, that don't hate on people because they choose a sport that is not popular with the masses.
    SO is what Labour should be. Tyson is what it apparently wants to be.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,141
    Chris said:

If Trumpolini were elected, it would be bound to come out that he secretly converted to Islam in 2002 and has been channelling billions of dollars to Daesh on the orders of Vladimir Putin. In that event, impeachment would be extremely likely.

The reason Trumpolini converted to Islam was that he was persuaded that Allah would make his short, stubby fingers long and beautiful.

Sadly, he was mistaken in that belief. Under the hypnotic suggestion of a renegade Sufi mystic, he believes that the promised transformation has already taken place. But there are signs that the hypnotic control has been weakening - notably in the recent interview where Trumpolini agreed that President Obama was "quite a good bloke really".

If Trumpolini ever perceives his fingers as they really are, he will certainly withdraw from the race.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,079
    I know people have talked about poor attendance at the games and some remote locations, but is this from Michael Johnson correct? How do you design an Olympic Park without the Athletics stadium within it?!

Very disappointed the Athletics stadium isn't part of Olympic Park. Remote location part of the lack of attendance and atmosphere.
  • Options
    nunu said:

Ot to posh.....
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    kle4 said:

I know people have talked about poor attendance at the games and some remote locations, but is this from Michael Johnson correct? How do you design an Olympic Park without the Athletics stadium within it?!

Very disappointed the Athletics stadium isn't part of Olympic Park. Remote location part of the lack of attendance and atmosphere.

I believe the athletics stadium is actually a football stadium. And initially they said they would revolutionize the public transport in Rio, but shelved it. Imagine if they had done that in London !
  • Options

I have to say Chris Hoy very good in the cycling coverage, compared to grumpy bum in the rowing or Denise "everybody else is s##t" Lewis.

Adrian Moorhouse and his sidekick on red button are hilarious and excellent for the swimming.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,042
    On Topic for the moment...

If I recall correctly, the word "impeachment" refers to the *process* (it's a fancy word for "trial"), not to the *outcome*. Bill Clinton did not "face impeachment", he *was* impeached. I'm not sure the bookies understand the difference.

The reason why I bring this up is because bookies in 2011/12 failed to pay out on bets that Greece would default after their debts were restructured. It *was* a default (in the sense creditors were forced to accept lower payments) but was not described as such, so the bookies refused to pay up. If the term "impeachment" is not correctly understood by bookie and bettor, similar misunderstandings may occur.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,522
    Maybe the Labour leadership contest should be decided by cycling events.

The Corbyum? Trotskyum? Tedium?
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,554
    kle4 said:

Well you start with a country where almost every politician is looking for the most graft not the best outcome.
  • Options
    Jesus, another channel change...
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

I once tried to work out what the cheapest sport to participate it would be. I came up with rowing...
    I would nominate the Modern Pentathalon for poshest sport.

It is based on the skills that a Cavalry Officer needed when trapped behind enemy lines:

Swimming
    Cross country running
    Riding on an unfamiliar horse
    Fencing
    Pistol shooting.

The clincher: until 1952 Enlisted men and Other Ranks were barred from entering. They were considered professionals while Officers were Amateurs!
    Nothing to do with your namesake then: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fox_(pentathlete)
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

I'd have thought Trott is nailed on to be nominated. And a lot will be made of her and Kenny and I think that might be to her advantage. I see Murray is the favourite but I can't see him winning again even though he's had a very good year.
    Max Whitlock to win might be the bet. He is young, good-looking and eminently boffable, should that be a deciding factor.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

I once tried to work out what the cheapest sport to participate it would be. I came up with rowing...
    I would nominate the Modern Pentathalon for poshest sport.

It is based on the skills that a Cavalry Officer needed when trapped behind enemy lines:

Swimming
    Cross country running
    Riding on an unfamiliar horse
    Fencing
    Pistol shooting.

The clincher: until 1952 Enlisted men and Other Ranks were barred from entering. They were considered professionals while Officers were Amateurs!
    Nothing to do with your namesake then: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fox_(pentathlete)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_S._Patton#1912_Olympics

No target pistols for George....
  • Options
    When is Mark cavendish final, has it come and gone?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    nunu said:

Its a multi-event thing. They have done event 1 of 6 (i think it is 6), where he came 4 or 5th. But a long long way to go.
  • Options
    Can't get over our cycling dominance.

Just wow
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    :smiley:

Dave Gyliat
    Having wistful memories of the days when there was only ONE WAY to get an update on the #Olympics #medalcount https://t.co/XBlv1VAib1

Romania!!!
  • Options

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Max Whitlock to win might be the bet. He is young, good-looking and eminently boffable, should that be a deciding factor.
    I've gone for Trott on the basis that a woman has made the top 3 in each of the last four Olympic years.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Y0kel said:

What about the "Chopper"...with the danger gear shifter being a requirement of the bike.
    You mean Downhill Chopper Racing? Find big twisty hill, preferably one that hasn't been properly maintained for years on end, must be narrow with either trees, hedges bordering it or, for 100% injury potential, urban housing fences and walls, and go like shit of a shovel against the clock.

The chopper is ideal for this; as aerodynamic as a fat lad, really hard to steer at speed and, most of all, there is a real danger when it gets bumpy that you'll come off your seat onto the upper bar providing TV with a lot of painful to watch slow mo repeats.

The music of TV show 'The Red Hand Gang' plays during the event. Admittedly in my part of the world Red Hand Gang probably referred to some paramilitary offshoot but will work ok elsewhere.

• Options
    Forgot to congratulate TSE for his proper use of Northern in the last article. Don't get much 'wind your neck in' round here, I've come over all nostalgic.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Dave Gyliat
    Having wistful memories of the days when there was only ONE WAY to get an update on the #Olympics #medalcount https://t.co/XBlv1VAib1

Romania!!!

Wow, what happened to those guys? You know, apart from mass defections to the West and the introduction of mandatory drugs testing.
  • Options
    Savanna Marshall just won her middleweight bout and now into last eight.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

That said, if you do fancy Laura Trott then maybe now is the time. She is odds-on for omnium gold tomorrow.
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

Dave Gyliat

Romania!!!

Wow, what happened to those guys? You know, apart from mass defections to the West and the introduction of mandatory drugs testing.
    Soviets + a bunch of others boycotted the games. Romania cleaned up in the gymnastics.
  • Options
    Jeez...we had 7 x 4th place finishes in the swimming.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

That said, if you do fancy Laura Trott then maybe now is the time. She is odds-on for omnium gold tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed. :)
  • Options
    John_M said:

PlatoSaid said:

Dave Gyliat

Romania!!!

Soviets + a bunch of others boycotted the games. Romania cleaned up in the gymnastics.
    They used to be pretty good at rowing, too, back in the day.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,005

nunu said:

Its a multi-event thing. They have done event 1 of 6 (i think it is 6), where he came 4 or 5th. But a long long way to go.
    L Hansen (Den) on top in the Omnium. Broke Wiggo's pursuit record (Which he did as a standalone) back in 2008. Cavendish nearish though.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900

While absolutely sweating steroids.
  • Options
    John_M said:

Forgot to congratulate TSE for his proper use of Northern in the last article. Don't get much 'wind your neck in' round here, I've come over all nostalgic.

I like to show off my working class Northern heritage every now and again
  • Options
    Larry the Cat
    Things above China:
    - Mongolia
    - Team GB

#Rio2016
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

nunu said:

L Hansen (Den) on top in the Omnium. Broke Wiggo's pursuit record (Which he did as a standalone) back in 2008. Cavendish nearish though.
    Is that after 2 events? The last BBC update on the website said Cavendish was now leading after 2 events (with 4 more riders to go in event 2).
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Some of the old Warsaw pact female athletes now live as men, which probably tells us something about the drugs regime.
  • Options
    John_M said:

Andrew said:

Some of the old Warsaw pact female athletes now live as men, which probably tells us something about the drugs regime.
    Now are they men, or trans, or Intersex or other?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,099
    viewcode said:

If I recall correctly, the word "impeachment" refers to the *process* (it's a fancy word for "trial"), not to the *outcome*. Bill Clinton did not "face impeachment", he *was* impeached. I'm not sure the bookies understand the difference.

The reason why I bring this up is because bookies in 2011/12 failed to pay out on bets that Greece would default after their debts were restructured. It *was* a default (in the sense creditors were forced to accept lower payments) but was not described as such, so the bookies refused to pay up. If the term "impeachment" is not correctly understood by bookie and bettor, similar misunderstandings may occur.

It was absolutely a default, and was recognised as such by the ratings agencies.
  • Options
    John_M said:

Andrew said:

Heidi/Andreas Krieger is probably the most famous:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Krieger
  • Options
    Makes me angry to see that Team State Sponored doping have stolen 29 medals from other competitors.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,372
    nunu said:

You know lefties who hate "on" (?) some people because they like some particular sport? Haven't come across them, unless it's hunting - if people are enthused by Olympic cycling or whatever, why not? Sometimes I think people imagine political opponents to be a different species.
  • Options

nunu said:

You know lefties who hate "on" (?) some people because they like some particular sport? Haven't come across them, unless it's hunting - if people are enthused by Olympic cycling or whatever, why not? Sometimes I think people imagine political opponents to be a different species.
    Tyson has been making a pillock of himself.
  • Options

nunu said:

I give you the Boat Race...
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Cavendish actually lapped the world champion in Event #2 in the pursuit which isn't his strongest event.
  • Options

nunu said:

I was talking about tyson. tho he could be a parody account....I hope...
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Talking of sports we don't understand...Greco-Roman....looks extremely dodgy to me with all that "submitting" to your opponent on all fours, and waiting for them to pounce on you from behind.
  • Options

John_M said:

I like to show off my working class Northern heritage every now and again
    PUBLIC SCHOOL TWIT :)
  • Options
    John_M said:

PlatoSaid said:

Dave Gyliat

Romania!!!

Was a counter-boycott after the US and others boycotted Moscow 1980 due to Afghanistan.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

John_M said:

PlatoSaid said:

Dave Gyliat

Romania!!!

Was a counter-boycott after the US and others boycotted Moscow 1980 due to Afghanistan.
    I'm old enough to be your dad, lad :). That's my homage to my own Northern roots.
  • Options

Talking of sports we don't understand...Greco-Roman....looks extremely dodgy to me with all that "submitting" to your opponent on all fours, and waiting for them to pounce on you from behind.

The Ancient Greeks were gayer than disco.
  • Options
    John_M said:

It certainly does like an excuse for a bit of that while claiming sporting activity.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    God this elimination race format is bonkers.
  • Options
    Cav blows it.
  • Options

nunu said:

Former colleague - would get bent out of shape when any sport got any publicity if it wasn't football. One time I came into work and discovered that the office had taken a collective decision to watch polo on the big screen on the wall, purely as flamebait. In the pour-liquid-oxygen-on-a-bbq sense of the term....
  • Options
    Damn..Cav mistake there.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Cav could easily have won that from the position he was in. He wasn't even out of 2nd gear.
  • Options
    According to the Telegraph PM May has crushed the rebellion and reaffirmed early '17 for A50.
  • Options
    Weight lifting, the next sport for greater popularity.

Its quick, involves maximum effort and is a real rip-roaring kind of event with lots of crowd involvement. A lot of the lifters look to have a bit of personality Should have the audience set out out like darts, around tables getting hammered, dressing up and having a hoot, cheering like nuts.

Just needs a Barry Hearn in there....
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,099
    John_M said:

A woman for babies
    A boy for love
    And a goat fit pleasure
  • Options
    Our BRITISH Tennis hero Andy Murray 2 sets to 1 up!
  • Options
    Murray getting back into his stride to take the third set. Come on!!!
  • Options
    The useful British lad is in the boxing now.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,042
    rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

It was absolutely a default, and was recognised as such by the ratings agencies.
    I agree. The bookies did not. Hence my point about the need for a clear definition of "impeachment".
  • Options
    viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

I agree. The bookies did not. Hence my point about the need for a clear definition of "impeachment".
    I should have been clearer, Paddy Power say it has to be a successful conviction in the Senate to pay out.
  • Options
    Algerian lad is taking serious punishment from Buatsi.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Another guaranteed medal in the boxing.
  • Options

Our SCOTTISH Tennis Player Andy Murray has just been broken at the start of the fourth set.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

Our SCOTTISH Tennis Player Andy Murray has just been broken at the start of the fourth set.
    Start of the fourth? It's 3-2 to Andy right now!
  • Options

weejonnie said:

Start of the fourth? It's 3-2 to Andy right now!
    Our BRITISH player broke back and it is now on Service.
  • Options
    Del Potro looked ready to jack it in 5 minutes ago, then went straight through his service game. Agonising stuff.
This discussion has been closed.