Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If elected, will Hillary or the Donald be impeached?

Comments

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154
    ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Does anyone else think Clinton will only do 1 term if she is elected?

Yes. Her health will never last 8 years at her age under that kind of pressure.
    There were pictures last week of her being helped up some stairs with helpers taking both arms. Her poor health isn't a theoretical fear - it's on open display.
    There was also a picture of her having clearly not made it to the toilet in time. I assumed that both were photo-shopped fakes. Who knows? That the dreadful old bat might become president of the USA is a terrible indictment of the state of that country.
    It's not so much that they've chosen Clinton. They've chosen total duds in the past and will again in the future. What worries me is that in a nation of approximately 300 million they've got a choice between her and Trump. I mean - seriously?!! What does that say about them?
    I just couldn't bring myself to vote for either.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

There were pictures last week of her being helped up some stairs with helpers taking both arms. Her poor health isn't a theoretical fear - it's on open display.
    There was also a picture of her having clearly not made it to the toilet in time. I assumed that both were photo-shopped fakes. Who knows? That the dreadful old bat might become president of the USA is a terrible indictment of the state of that country.
    You are right to be suspicious. The "stairs" photograph is genuine but was used out of context as a 'stock photo' this month when other rumours started doing the rounds.

It was actually taken when she was campaigning in South Carolina in February:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08/08/rumor-check-photo-of-clinton-being-helped-up-stairs-goes-viral-but-theres-more-to-the-story/

You are completely right about the incontinence one. This is the original un-'shopped pic and background:
    http://www.snopes.com/photograph-incontinent-hillary-clinton/
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Another gold beckons in the cycling
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865

Moses_ said:

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Wow! GB plc now beating the combined tally of Germany and France.

We're also beating a country of 1.4 billion people. :p
    Well one medal would be enough to beat India ;-)
    Not one medal amongst the entire indian subcontinent yet.
    They need to make Kabaddi an Olympic sport.

Or Cricket...
    Polo would be good if only to see Tyson meltdown.
    Wouldn't the Argies win?
    Possibly, it would be a tough choice of course...
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Wow! GB plc now beating the combined tally of Germany and France.

We're also beating a country of 1.4 billion people. :p
    Well one medal would be enough to beat India ;-)
    Not one medal amongst the entire indian subcontinent yet.
    They need to make Kabaddi an Olympic sport.

Or Cricket...
    Polo would be good if only to see Tyson meltdown.
    Wouldn't the Argies win?
    In that case we should play the Argies at "Battleships and Cruisers".

Gotcha!
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,157
    ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

It's not so much that they've chosen Clinton. They've chosen total duds in the past and will again in the future. What worries me is that in a nation of approximately 300 million they've got a choice between her and Trump. I mean - seriously?!! What does that say about them?
    It says they're using activist-led primaries, followed by FPTP. This is a really bad combination.
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    Sadly, when I see the name Kenny, all that comes to mind is "Oh my God! They killed Kenny!"
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,522
    China goes past us in the medals again. Boo! Come on Andy and Co!
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,187
    edited August 2016
    Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

There is definitely a thing where our brightest and best don't touch politics with a barge poll.
    Trump is a billionaire and Hillary a top lawyer and former Secretary of State, there may be other more likeable and appealing candidates but given the leader of our opposition is Jeremy Corbyn, who has never had a proper job outside politics and has 2 Es at A Level and dropped out of his degree, I don't think we should criticise the US too much
  • Options
    Great graphic

Dr Mark Porter
    Love a graph - and trends :)
    #RioOlympics2016 https://t.co/5pZIXp238w
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,078
    HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

There is definitely a thing where our brightest and best don't touch politics with a barge poll.
    Trump is a billionaire and Hillary a top lawyer and former Secretary of State, there may be other more likeable and appealing candidates but given the leader of our opposition is Jeremy Corbyn, who has never had a proper job outside politics and has 2 Es at A Level, I don't think we should criticise the US too much
    Fair, but we the public don't choose the leaders of our parties, or haven't anywhere to the same extent. The failings of our leaders is therefore down to us less than with them.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Jonathan said:

Or maybe poker, bridge.

Cheating in Bridge makes Olympic cheating benign.
  • Options
    Murray brakes the Argies serve in the Argies first serve game. :lol:
    Two up
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 5,021
    edited August 2016
    Looking at the medals table Hungary also seem to be punching above their weight (5 gold, 3 silver, 3 bronze). Contrast for example, with Portugal currently on 1 bronze).
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Jonathan said:

Darts please.

snap!
  • Options

Looking at the medals table Hungary also seem to be punching about their weight (5 gold, 3 silver, 3 bronze). Contrast for example, with Portugal currently on 1 bronze).

Seems to be a historical trend for Hungary to punch above their weight. I think they have some swimming Golds, that always helps given how many Golds are on offer.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    weejonnie said:

Jonathan said:

Or maybe poker, bridge.

Cheating in Bridge makes Olympic cheating benign.
    So it's cheating in spades then?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.
  • Options
    One more gold and we'll be second in the medal table, wow.
  • Options

Tonight is the sporting equivalent of CON GAIN BOOTLE.....

or SNP gain Glasgow North East.....
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

You are right to be suspicious. The "stairs" photograph is genuine but was used out of context as a 'stock photo' this month when other rumours started doing the rounds.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08/08/rumor-check-photo-of-clinton-being-helped-up-stairs-goes-viral-but-theres-more-to-the-story/

You are completely right about the incontinence one. This is the original un-'shopped pic and background:
    She is on Warfarin following a Cerebral Sinus thrombosis, and also thyroxine for hypothroidism.

Neither is a bar to high office. Indeed our new PM has insulin dependent diabetes so is not in the best of health either.

• Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    kle4 said:

Looking at the medals table Hungary also seem to be punching about their weight (5 gold, 3 silver, 3 bronze). Contrast for example, with Portugal currently on 1 bronze).

Seems to be a historical trend for Hungary to punch above their weight. I think they have some swimming Golds, that always helps given how many Golds are on offer.
    Fencing is their thing isn't it historically?
  • Options
    Any sign of Tyson to update us on which of these gold are invalid because they are too posho or too Tory?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Team GB
    Race is on! Great 200m sprint from @katymarch to clock 10.787 to qualify second fastest behind teammate @BecksJames! https://t.co/0xmeyjWdXW

Indeed. There are some issues I think having sports that people are already massively into, unlike (sorry) athletics and others for which this is their big moment every 4 years (comparatively) but Cricket makes pretty good sense as while only a few nations are really good and thus medal contenders, generally, for Twenty20 you do have a better chance of smaller nations having a good run and some shocks, places like Afghanistan.
    It would be a bit rough on Jamaica, Barbados etc. having to compete as separate countries.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Brown was the most popular leader in the CP21, how much more bright and great can you get?
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

Any sign of Tyson to update us on which of these gold are invalid because they are too posho or too Tory?

Probably out consoling some young and vibrant Italians.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,162
    Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.
    You dispute Forbes estimate of $4.5bn?

http://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 5,021
    welshowl said:

kle4 said:

Ah, of course. I now have an image of a moustachioed Hungarian count.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,300
    edited August 2016
    BBC sport website - At the risk of tempting fate, Juan Martin del Potro has the body language of a man digesting a huge Sunday dinner. Sedate.

I know the feeling, just had a late Sunday lunch...certainly not up for 3 sets of tennis....might be in bed by 10!
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

I think it says that they have a deeply corrupt political system and, as with all empires, are now firmly on the slide downwards.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

The facts of sport, like the facts of life, are conservative. Tyson apparently likes boxing at the Olympics: a couple of blokes smacking each other about at Baron de Coubertin's games, according to the Marquess of Queensberry's rules.
  • Options
    For anyone who can't keep their eyes open, the cycling is finished at 23:33
  • Options
    Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.
    Forbes says he is a billionaire, net worth $4.5 billion. He is the richest nominee for either the Democrats or Republicans ever (albeit JFK's father would have been a billionaire in today's terms)
    http://www.forbes.com/profile/donald-trump/illion
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569
    5 sets in this final.
    Oh and no pressure Cavendish.
  • Options
    welshowl said:

kle4 said:

Hungary are currently leading in the Team Epee Fencing Bronze medal match.

The BBC coverage is truly comprehensive. I am watching it live.
  • Options

kle4 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Team GB
    Race is on! Great 200m sprint from @katymarch to clock 10.787 to qualify second fastest behind teammate @BecksJames! https://t.co/0xmeyjWdXW

Indeed. There are some issues I think having sports that people are already massively into, unlike (sorry) athletics and others for which this is their big moment every 4 years (comparatively) but Cricket makes pretty good sense as while only a few nations are really good and thus medal contenders, generally, for Twenty20 you do have a better chance of smaller nations having a good run and some shocks, places like Afghanistan.
    It would be a bit rough on Jamaica, Barbados etc. having to compete as separate countries.
    Unlike India and Pakistan, some of the West Indies already get competitive for medals.

They could always come together in a federation if it means that much to them. Has to be a way to be a Union and compete together at some things and separately at others, we did it for football in 2012.
  • Options
    ThrakThrak Posts: 494
    welshowl said:

kle4 said:

They have Katinka Hosszu who is, like Phelps, a one person team of their own. Otherwise they'd be level with Kazakhstan (a couple of golds).
  • Options

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

I think it says that they have a deeply corrupt political system and, as with all empires, are now firmly on the slide downwards.
    Bush, Clinton, Bush jr, Obama, Mrs Clinton doesn't make for happy reading.
  • Options

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.

Until we see those tax returns I'm going with millionaire. After all he's repeatedly claimed for a tax break for people earning less than $500,000 a year.
  • Options
    Greg Rutherford reporting he has his phone nicked.
  • Options
    Holy Moly

A must watch

Chris Boardman
    REMARKABLE footage RT @JustBanter__: Mum: if your friends jumped off a cliff would you do it too?
    Me: https://t.co/RiF10upprv
  • Options
    John_M said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

I'm still mad we missed out on Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton, Bush. Given the ages of all concerned it was possible.

The next George Bush will do better.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire and Hillary a top lawyer and former Secretary of State, there may be other more likeable and appealing candidates but given the leader of our opposition is Jeremy Corbyn, who has never had a proper job outside politics and has 2 Es at A Level, I don't think we should criticise the US too much
    Fair, but we the public don't choose the leaders of our parties, or haven't anywhere to the same extent. The failings of our leaders is therefore down to us less than with them.
    Actually we do more than ever before, while we don't have the primaries which picked Trump and Clinton, Corbyn was picked by hundreds of thousands of Labour Party members and May would also have been chosen by party members had Leadsom not dropped out
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,162
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.

Until we see those tax returns I'm going with millionaire. After all he's repeatedly claimed for a tax break for people earning less than $500,000 a year.
    The tax returns wouldn't prove anything either way, even if his taxable income were $0.
  • Options
    Argie breaks back and then Murray breaks back again
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.

I think they claim that the Trump brand is worth a lot of money (well WAS worth a lot of money).
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.

Income != assets
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.

The only billionaire party leader we have ever had was Sir James Goldsmith who led the Referendum Party in 1997!
  • Options
    nunu said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Brown was the most popular leader in the CP21, how much more bright and great can you get?
    Saved the world he did dontcha know :lol:
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Holy Moly

A must watch

Chris Boardman
    REMARKABLE footage RT @JustBanter__: Mum: if your friends jumped off a cliff would you do it too?

I would never have the guts to do such a thing. Incredible shots.
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    Thrak said:

welshowl said:

kle4 said:

They have Katinka Hosszu who is, like Phelps, a one person team of their own. Otherwise they'd be level with Kazakhstan (a couple of golds).
    I'd been watching some swimming and then realised that Denmark leads us in medals per capita. Maybe level with Hungary:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/rio-2016/medals/countries/denmark.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.

There is a big difference between income and capital. The latter needs offsetting to liabilities though. I expect his wealth is complicated by the variety of companies he works through.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,472
    kle4 said:

John_M said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

I'm still mad we missed out on Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton, Bush. Given the ages of all concerned it was possible.

The next George Bush will do better.
    But it would have ruined the line that Clinton was first the president after Bush and then the president who came between Bushes.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Actually we do more than ever before, while we don't have the primaries which picked Trump and Clinton, Corbyn was picked by hundreds of thousands of Labour Party members and May would also have been chosen by party members had Leadsom not dropped out
    More than ever before is still less than in the states was the point, inasmuch as absolving us goes. We also don't know May would have won. Probably, but the very fact they were not asked, and not many people cared, shoes a difference.
  • Options
    So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf
    Windsurf ( just made official)
    Finn (Tuesday conformation)

Silver
    Pommel
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

No the windsurfing was silver.
  • Options
    Windsurf just been confirmed Gold for Team GB
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

BBC just stated its confirmed as gold are they wrong?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

BBC just stated its confirmed as gold
    They misspoke. The gold to come is in Finn sailing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36688211
  • Options

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.

I think they claim that the Trump brand is worth a lot of money (well WAS worth a lot of money).
    He values his name at $3 billion dollars. But like many things Trump values I'm sure it is flexible, like that golf course of Trump's which seems to have shed 100s of millions when it came to valuing it for tax purposes
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,209
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Team GB

Unlike India and Pakistan, some of the West Indies already get competitive for medals.

They could always come together in a federation if it means that much to them. Has to be a way to be a Union and compete together at some things and separately at others, we did it for football in 2012.
    Our girls should be competing as GB at these games but those w****** in Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast vetoed it.
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

*swoons*
  • Options
    James Toney
    Don't think people realise just how far @TeamGB have come in 20 years. Here's the top 25 medal table from Atlanta. https://t.co/TPsLGGm2kL
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.

Hmmm, an estimate of wealth by Forbes ... or one by "Alistair from the Internet" .... toughie.
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

Ok silver. Settle for that. Can't win everything it would be rude.

On Tyson scale is windsurf a posh sport?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

Definitely far too posho.
  • Options

Moses_ said:

*swoons*
    Sunil you should unswoon BBC spoke with forked tongue.
  • Options

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

She is on Warfarin following a Cerebral Sinus thrombosis, and also thyroxine for hypothroidism.

Neither is a bar to high office. Indeed our new PM has insulin dependent diabetes so is not in the best of health either.

I have access to Google too, cheers.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    John_M said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Quote so, Mr. M., a long way from what the writers of the constitution expected and wanted, I think. Of course, there is one candidate this year who seems to want to point out the corruption in the system. His cause isn't helped by the fact that he seems to be barking mad.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

More than ever before is still less than in the states was the point, inasmuch as absolving us goes. We also don't know May would have won. Probably, but the very fact they were not asked, and not many people cared, shoes a difference.
    All the polls showed May was the most popular candidate, both with the public and Tory members, I doubt primaries would have made much difference. Burnham may have done better in primaries than he did with the membership but I expect Corbyn would still have won in the end, especially if they were mainly closed primaries
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

Trump is a billionaire
    Millionaire.

Hmmm, an estimate of wealth by Forbes ... or one by "Alistair from the Internet" .... toughie.
    All he has to do is release his tax returns and we'll know.

The rumours are that he isn't as rich as claimed, he pays a negligible tax rate and his finances are mostly sourced from outside the US.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

Windsurfing is hipster, where does that fall on the scale?
  • Options
    F##k off Team State Sponsored Doping...
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

All the polls showed May was the most popular candidate, both with the public and Tory members, I doubt primaries would have made much difference.
    Never said they would have. As I made clear twice that wasn't the point being made.
  • Options
    Thrak said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

I thought hipster was kite surfing?
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Argie breaks back and then Murray breaks back again

3-4 back on serve now...
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,645

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

I once tried to work out what the cheapest sport to participate it would be. I came up with rowing...
  • Options
    The most important sporting news this evening.

I'm top of the PB fantasy football league.
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

*swoons*
    Ah, but we're still second in the Table!!

The smile will have to be surgically removed from my face!
  • Options
    Kenny wins gold 5!

Matches Wiggins
  • Options
    China back down into 3rd place...yeah.....
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

James Toney
    Don't think people realise just how far @TeamGB have come in 20 years. Here's the top 25 medal table from Atlanta. https://t.co/TPsLGGm2kL

Someone going by #KeepCorbyn seems to be very unhappy with the situation due to the 'stealth tax' on the poor that the government cannot 'absolve' itself from.

Fighting on every front, comrades. I expect this is another of those situations where the actually poor are not as angry about something that people who 'care' about the poor think they should be angry about.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

James Toney

I think this has been mentioned by a few posters on here, but if you were born in the mid to late 1980s, you grew up with a sense of Britain being pretty rubbish at most sport. I think the low point was when we were bowled out by Eddo Brandes - a Zimbabwean chicken farmer. It must have been quite an odd feeling in 1996 for Redgrave and Pinsent to be the only gold medallists. I can remember Jason Quealley winning gold in Sydney and it was very unexpected (at least no one was talking about him), but those games were quite a turnaround from Atlanta.
  • Options
    As expected gold and silver in sprint cycling
  • Options
    Kenny still got another event...thats just greedy !
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,645
    kle4 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Holy Moly

A must watch

Chris Boardman

I would never have the guts to do such a thing. Incredible shots.
    I keep watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GASFa7rkLtM

(Dreamlines IV - Ludovic Woerth & Jokke Sommer)
  • Options

Thrak said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

I thought hipster was kite surfing?
    That's double hipster. Other hipster sports include skateboarding, surfboarding, snowboarding and beard trimming.
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

*swoons*
    Ah, but we're still second in the Table!!

The smile will have to be surgically removed from my face!
    Ok fair enough you can Re-swoon.
  • Options
    Good to see the cyclists making sure the flag was the right way up.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,522
    Those cycling leotard-things are a bit... Uhh.. Revealing, aren't they?
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,141
    If Trumpolini were elected, it would be bound to come out that he secretly converted to Islam in 2002 and has been channelling billions of dollars to Daesh on the orders of Vladimir Putin. In that event, impeachment would be extremely likely.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,117
    PlatoSaid said:

Holy Moly

A must watch

Chris Boardman

Fantastic stuff. I'd never, ever have the guts.

Except ... if you look at 1 min 1 sec, is that the wingsuiter in blue lying in the bottom of the gully?
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    Jason Kenny is all too good.
  • Options

Those cycling leotard-things are a bit... Uhh.. Revealing, aren't they?

Eyes up...eyes up...
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I believe if previous Olympics are to go by, it is highly unlikely we won't finish in the top 5 in the medal table, regardless of what happens now.
  • Options
    We need to make the case to get darts into the games.
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

So far then Gold in

Pommel
    Floor
    Golf

Silver
    Pommel

I once tried to work out what the cheapest sport to participate it would be. I came up with rowing...
    I would nominate the Modern Pentathalon for poshest sport.

It is based on the skills that a Cavalry Officer needed when trapped behind enemy lines:

Swimming
    Cross country running
    Riding on an unfamiliar horse
    Fencing
    Pistol shooting.

The clincher: until 1952 Enlisted men and Other Ranks were barred from entering. They were considered professionals while Officers were Amateurs!
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

PlatoSaid said:

Holy Moly

A must watch

Chris Boardman

Fantastic stuff. I'd never, ever have the guts.

Except ... if you look at 1 min 1 sec, is that the wingsuiter in blue lying in the bottom of the gully?
    Cameraman getting shots of the other flyers.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    tlg86 said:

The Lakeside would have been a majestic venue in London 2012.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

We need to beat the US at their own game. Need to have varied cycling events where people wave their arms about in different ways while riding.
This discussion has been closed.