Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If elected, will Hillary or the Donald be impeached?

SystemSystem Posts: 11,683
edited August 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If elected, will Hillary or the Donald be impeached?

I have a few concerns with this bet, for example the impeachment process against Richard Nixon never completed to full impeachment, as Nixon resigned as President before the House of Representatives formally impeached him, so if something similar happened, this bet wouldn’t pay out, also that was during Nixon’s second term, again that wouldn’t pay as per the terms of this bet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897
    First?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    No.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited August 2016
    Pulpstar said:

The golf crowd needs shooting

In Rio, that can be easily arranged....The crowds were a disgrace in the mens road racing (cycling) as well. They made the Tour de France lot look like MCC members watching the cricket
  • Options
    Really proud of the Oral Office pun/gag.
  • Options
    Some numpty just picked the ball up.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    PlatoSaid said:

We're on 32 medals - what have I missed?

11G 14S 7B

Windsurfing silver. It was already guaranteed before todays race.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    I doubt it, but I guess it would be fun to see it tried. The Nixon example shows not much chance of a pay out though I guess.
    PlatoSaid said:

Guess this is the required physical form to win.

Quite a few sports have some peculiar looking physiques, out of context. I recall reading Michael Phelps has abnormally huge hands and feet, and the legs of an average 5ft 7 man but the torso of an average 6ft 7 man.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    kle4 said:

I doubt it, but I guess it would be fun to see it tried. The Nixon example shows not much chance of a pay out though I guess.

PlatoSaid said:

Quite a few sports have some peculiar looking physiques, out of context. I recall reading Michael Phelps has abnormally huge hands and feet, and the legs of an average 5ft 7 man but the torso of an average 6ft 7 man.
    I will never forget bumping into lawrence dallaglio in a pool in vegas, he had chunks of muscles in places you didn't know muscles existed. He was sort of like a kid had badly sculpted a man out of marble.

One thing was for certain, I didn't fancy my chances running into him.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,462
    "How exciting this is" says the commentator on the golf, as if he's having to read the shipping forecast on two hours sleep the night before.
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    RE: golf - presumably they share gold if they tie? So why don't they just do a deal?
  • Options
    alex. said:

RE: golf - presumably they share gold if they tie? So why don't they just do a deal?

Nope...playoff....
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

11G 14S 7B

Two guaranteed in cycling as well.
  • Options

kle4 said:

PlatoSaid said:

I will never forget bumping into lawrence dallaglio in a pool in vegas, he had chunks of muscles in places you didn't know muscles existed. He was sort of like a kid had badly sculpted a man out of marble.

Martin Johnson was the speaker at my local rugby club dinner a few years back. Even among a crowd of rugby players he stood out like a sore thumb - he's absolutely massive!
  • Options
    alex. said:

PlatoSaid said:

11G 14S 7B

And of course Murray in the tennis.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    alex. said:

PlatoSaid said:

11G 14S 7B

Guaranteed silver plus in golf and tennis tonight too. That's without the pommel....
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Shame there is no 5th test in England vs Pakistan - best/closest test series in yonks.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Sandpit said:

kle4 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Martin Johnson was the speaker at my local rugby club dinner a few years back. Even among a crowd of rugby players he stood out like a sore thumb - he's absolutely massive!
    That is how I spotted Dallaglio. I went into the pool and this guy wandered past and sort of blocked the sun out and I looked and thought you are incredible shape but in the weirdest way...nothing like the standard Men's Health front cover, but just looked like he could bend iron bars at will.

Bizarrely, about 2 years later, I was doing a tour of a Port house in Oporto and I bumped into him again...this time with his clothes on.
  • Options
    Advantage Rose....
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,306
    Looks like another gold in the golf. Barring a miracle.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    DavidL said:

OI

@David "Going well in the cricket" L
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Sandpit said:

kle4 said:

PlatoSaid said:

I've recalled before he received an honourary doctorate when I graduate uni, and he definitely stood out among the other figures on the stage, mostly being academics. My memory was that one of the others was Greville Janner, but that was in fact the ceremony a year earlier.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

DavidL said:

OI

@David "Going well in the cricket" L
    Harsh but true.
  • Options
    GOLD for Rose. Wins it with that hole in one.

Are yer worried yet, China?
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    edited August 2016
    Rose Gold ....

Mrs JackW loves it .... :smile:
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,007
    Excellent round from Rose to take the gold
  • Options
    Gold in the golf !
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Sandpit said:

kle4 said:

PlatoSaid said:

I've recalled before he received an honourary doctorate when I graduate uni, and he definitely stood out among the other figures on the stage, mostly being academics. My memory was that one of the others was Greville Janner, but that was in fact the ceremony a year earlier.
    Martin Bayfield was a copper for a number of years. I am going to guess he never did any plain clothes work.
  • Options

They can feel our breath on their collar now. Not sure we will stay there but to get ahead even for a short period would be truly astonishing.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

Seriously? – That’s so cool. :lol:
  • Options
    Forget what I said a few days ago, golf should definitely be in the Olympics ;-)
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,007
    edited August 2016
    Agreed that Hillary is the more likely to be impeached, firstly as she is more likely to win and secondly as she is likely to face a Congress controlled by the GOP. It would also confirm her as the Democratic Nixon, although if it did happen, then like Nixon, I think it would happen in her second term which was also the period when the GOP Congress attempted to impeach her husband
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    But conversely, Bill Clinton was impeached but did not resign (the US constitution defines impeachment as the President being put on trial, as he was)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    WTF is the bollocks on the coverage now...two "rude boys" making a racket.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    DavidL said:

They can feel our breath on their collar now. Not sure we will stay there but to get ahead even for a short period would be truly astonishing.
    Just remember China, nobody likes a showoff.
  • Options
    I am in awe at gymnasts. As someone who has about as much upper body strength as a gnat, it's very impressive!
  • Options

But conversely, Bill Clinton was impeached but did not resign (the US constitution defines impeachment as the President being put on trial, as he was)

That trial did the GOP terrible damage. Would they really want to make the same mistake again?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I am in awe at gymnasts. As someone who has about as much upper body strength as a gnat, it's very impressive!

The rings is the one that really gets me, when they go into crucifix.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    On topic, this republican might try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uofvscfAx4
  • Options

I don't want you to think he holed in one on the 18th - that would have been some feat! But his hole in one on the first day gave him the breathing space from Stenson at the end of the fourth round.
  • Options
    Can I admit that every single Pommel Horse routine I've seen looks the same to me? I find it hard to get any investment even temporarily in an event (bar medal hopes) when I have no conception of how well someone is doing when I watch.
  • Options

The montage for Mo last night was equally embarrassing.
  • Options

Somebody at the Beeb needs a good slap..... These linking front pieces are shite.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    kle4 said:

Can I admit that every single Pommel Horse routine I've seen looks the same to me? I find it hard to get any investment even temporarily in an event (bar medal hopes) when I have no conception of how well someone is doing when I watch.

I think a bit like the diving, the tiniest tiniest bad "form" is what they are looking for. I certainly don't really enjoy it as a spectacle (obviously realising just how hard it is to do), but it doesn't have the excitement of the tumbling of the floor or the uneven bars.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383

Now that's epic.
  • Options

kle4 said:

I think a bit like the diving, the tiniest tiniest bad "form" is what they are looking for. I certainly don't really enjoy it as a spectacle.
    The diving was in a class of its own. Short of the Russian that did a belly flop I had no idea where the marks were coming from.
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    as mike said on twitter, fox news had hilary 15 ahead in winconsin!
  • Options
    Zero excitement in the arena.
  • Options

I don't want you to think he holed in one on the 18th - that would have been some feat! But his hole in one on the first day gave him the breathing space from Stenson at the end of the fourth round.
    My bad Mr Mark – not followed the golf so shouldn’t have jumped to that conclusion.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

kle4 said:

I think a bit like the diving, the tiniest tiniest bad "form" is what they are looking for. I certainly don't really enjoy it as a spectacle.
    The diving was in a class of its own. Short of the Russian that did a belly flop I had no idea where the marks were coming from.
    I'm like that with fencing - a light goes on and no idea why that stab rather than another
  • Options
    Oh man...imagine training for 4 years and then screwing it after 10 second.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

I'm like that with fencing - a light goes on and no idea why that stab rather than another
    I saw that live at London. It wasn't much clearer when you were in the hall.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

That was way beyond my understanding...it was like well green hit first, but because of this or that, red wins the point because he got a hit in immediately after.
  • Options
    Really good score for Smith.
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

That was way beyond my understanding...it was like well green hit first, but because of this or that, red wins the point because he got a hit in immediately after.
    I'd like fencing more if it were proper Errol Flynn style. "Aha Saxon dog, you come to Nottingham Castle once too often" followed by ten minutes of swords like windmills. Also needs more chandeliers, tables and staircases. And castles.
  • Options
    Louis leading on pommel - assured of a medal.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    Pommel horse. I'm in awe at the athleticism but have just no idea what's going on in terms of scoring other than its a bit like diving: difficulty x execution??
  • Options
    welshowl said:

Pommel horse. I'm in awe at the athleticism but have just no idea what's going on in terms of scoring other than its a bit like diving: difficulty x execution??

I'm similar. I thought the Armenian chap's routine looked good but apparently it was a dogs breakfast!
  • Options
    Two more medals on the pommel, min of silver and bronze....
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

welshowl said:

I'm similar. I thought the Armenian chap's routine looked good but apparently it was a dogs breakfast!
    A bit like wine tasting then :D
  • Options
    I have no clue about this...but that Max Whitlock routine looked way harder.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Team GB’s Max Whitlock leads in the men’s pommel horse. – Louis Smith 2nd.

Two medals assured.
  • Options

Team GB’s Max Whitlock leads in the men’s pommel horse. – Louis Smith 2nd.

Two medals assured.

Gold and silver would be great!
  • Options
    Gold for Whitlock !
  • Options

welshowl said:

I did once see a competition on TV where a guy on the uneven bars I think was scored so low the crowd went really nuts, it was absurd, and they actually rescored him somehow and it was only then they could continue.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    F##k right off Team State Sponsored Doping.
  • Options
    Gold and Silver in gymnastics – we’re chasing China for second place.
  • Options
    John_M said:

PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

I'd like fencing more if it were proper Errol Flynn style. "Aha Saxon dog, you come to Nottingham Castle once too often" followed by ten minutes of swords like windmills. Also needs more chandeliers, tables and staircases. And castles.
    And damsels in distress with plenty of heaving chests.
  • Options
    Aaaand we go ahead of the Chinese in the medal table!
  • Options

Aaaand we go ahead of the Chinese in the medal table!

Aww yeahhhhh :D
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    So sad that there is zero atmosphere....you can't even hear any cheering. This is the pinnacle of these guys lives and it is like a wake.
  • Options

I have no clue about this...but that Max Whitlock routine looked way harder.

It was smoother and harder and faster - thought it was clearly better perf.
  • Options
    So I guess Smith and Whitlock aren't particularly close friends...
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Louis Smith not a happy bunny ....
  • Options
    alex. said:

So I guess Smith and Whitlock aren't particularly close friends...

Tis a trifle obvious! Daggers.
  • Options

So sad that there is zero atmosphere....you can't even hear any cheering. This is the pinnacle of these guys lives and it is like a wake.

Atmosphere for the floor was pretty good - because of the Brazilians winning medals
  • Options
    Not sure Whitlock and Smith would die for one another like the rowers and cyclists.....
  • Options
    JackW said:

A shame for him because I think he desperately wanted a gold. It must be tough. But a shame he couldn't look a little bit more magnanimous.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

JackW said:

A shame for him because I think he desperately wanted a gold. It must be tough. But a shame he couldn't look a little bit more magnanimous.
    Even to me who know sweet FA about this, Whitlock routine looked way better. I can imagine if you think you got a bad decision by the judges, but one was clearly better.
  • Options

JackW said:

Even to me who know sweet FA about this, Whitlock routine looked way better.
    Completely agree. Whitlock really has come into a class of his own, it seems..
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    Wow! GB plc now beating the combined tally of Germany and France.
  • Options
    No matter how well Team GB PLC do, I won't be buying one of those shell suit tops!
  • Options
    John_M said:

PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

It's not that absurd an idea - these gymnastics routines there are certain elements you have to include, and in things like steeplechase its a running race you add obstacles too, so why not a sword competition where you have to fight over tables and such?

Similarly, after watching movies like The Raid, there should be inclusion of martial arts performances, not just actual bouts - that stuff is essentially synchronized gymnastics where if you get it slightly wrong you kick someone directly in the face.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

All down to Brexit.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,336
    Noble attempt, TSE, to write something about politics or betting with everyone here talking Olympics!
  • Options
    MTimT said:

Not yet in terms of golds but maybe by the end of the night.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

Brexit is vindicated! :wink:

I can't believe we're second above China.

WTF
  • Options
    MTimT said:

We're also beating a country of 1.4 billion people. :p
  • Options
    "With Hillary Clinton, there would be a symmetry with her being impeached, given her husband also faced impeachment for turning The Oval Office into The Oral Office, but she seems to be the great survivor, given the way her opponents have tried to use the events in Benghazi or her private email set up to topple her but have failed, and as above, if we see a vote in the Senate on impeachment on partisan lines she’s safe."

There is a considerable chance that Hillary's popularity will be so low that the democrats might push her aside and give the OK for any impeachment, which will probably involve corruption and abuse of office not sex like with Bill Clinton.

Once elected there won't be the boogeyman of defeating Trump to keep her in office.
    And Tim Kaine doesn't look like a boogeyman for republicans either.

Nixon's impeachment gained steam only after he defeated McGovern, before that the lid was still kept on Watergate.
    His impeachment was assured once he appointed the moderate Ford as his VP.

There is a widespread feeling that everyone is keeping the lid on multiple Hillary scandals until the day after she defeats Trump, so that her centrist more popular VP can take over.
  • Options

Shame the organisers haven't sorted the crowd problem. It's really not difficult to call a few local schools and find a few thousand enthusiastic teenagers - who will be able to tell their kids they went to the Olympics.
  • Options
    RobD said:

MTimT said:

Well one medal would be enough to beat India ;-)
  • Options
    Is we really up to second in the Medals Table?

Bloody Hell!
  • Options
    welshowl said:

MTimT said:

All down to Brexit.
    No. The narrative is that our shell-shocked and demoralised athletes would have won far more were we still clasped to the loving bosom of Juncker et al.
  • Options
    RobD said:

MTimT said:

Poor India :lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    New OR record for Team GB PLC in the women's spirit penny-farthing.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

MTimT said:

WTF
    Probably temporary, but a nice feeling. Even coming third overall is incredible for us.
  • Options

Noble attempt, TSE, to write something about politics or betting with everyone here talking Olympics!

I know. It's August and we are all in need of a break methinks.
  • Options

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Well one medal would be enough to beat India ;-)
    Not one medal amongst the entire indian subcontinent yet.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

MTimT said:

WTF
    Seems all the investments in sport for the London Olympics payed off.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Wow....really bad form by Lewis Smith.
  • Options
    What are those funny plasticine statuettes they get? It's like a melted Morph...
This discussion has been closed.