Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If elected, will Hillary or the Donald be impeached?

Comments

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,187
    edited August 2016
    MTimT said:

Wow! GB plc now beating the combined tally of Germany and France.

The EU elite better hope they don't otherwise Brexit might start spreading! For a country that is 21st in the world in terms of population and 5th in terms of economic power, the UK taking 2nd in the Olympics medal table is a huge achievement
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,300
    edited August 2016

What are those funny plasticine statuettes they get? It's like a melted Morph...

Apparently they are some 3d printed art. Every athlete just looks at them like what is this piece of s##t...that aint going in the suitcase.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383

What are those funny plasticine statuettes they get? It's like a melted Morph...

They're plastic replicas of the Rio logo - on a plinth, I'd leave it behind too.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,522

Wow....really bad form by Lewis Smith.

He's got a face like a slapped a***. Compare and contrast with the Brazilians earlier who were just so happy about it all.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

New OR record for Team GB PLC in the women's spirit penny-farthing.

"Mrs George North", I think.

Bet the grocery bill for food is steep in their household!
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    PlatoSaid said:

They're plastic replicas of the Rio logo - on a plinth, I'd leave it behind too.
    Nah, keep the medal, ebay the plastic thingy...
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,015
    HYUFD said:

MTimT said:

The EU elite better hope they don't otherwise Brexit might start spreading! For a country that is 25th in the world in terms of population and 5th in terms of economic power, the UK taking 2nd in the Olympics medal table is a huge achievement
    Thank God for all those posh sports they shoehorned in.... :D
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

We're also beating a country of 1.4 billion people. :p
    Well one medal would be enough to beat India ;-)
    Not one medal amongst the entire indian subcontinent yet.
    Too busy playing cricket...
  • Options
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

MTimT said:

The EU elite better hope they don't otherwise Brexit might start spreading! For a country that is 25th in the world in terms of population and 5th in terms of economic power, the UK taking 2nd in the Olympics medal table is a huge achievement
    Poor old Tyson...
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154
    So plucky little Britain is beating both China and the Indian sub-continent? Combined? Three billion people losing to sixty million?
  • Options
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

MTimT said:

Well certainly having golf, rowing etc in helps the UK but this has been an all round good show eg this was the best Olympics for the UK in the swimming for decades
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,006
    We're qualified one and two in the women's sprints at the moment..
  • Options
    welshowl said:

Well all that chocolate and booze can be very expensive ;-)

Can you imagine what their fridge will be...chicken, turkey, chicken, turkey, steak, steak, 10kg protein powder, 3 gallons of milk and 4 dozen eggs.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    DavidL said:

But conversely, Bill Clinton was impeached but did not resign (the US constitution defines impeachment as the President being put on trial, as he was)

That trial did the GOP terrible damage. Would they really want to make the same mistake again?
    It's the GOP, their modus operandi when analysing failure is to assume they just didn't do the last action hard enough.

Just think, they are going to go for Cruz in 2020.
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

Nah, keep the medal, ebay the plastic thingy...
    You could give it to someone as a Christmas present if you didn't really want to buy them anything, I suppose.
  • Options

He's got a face like a slapped a***. Compare and contrast with the Brazilians earlier who were just so happy about it all.
    Did he miss out on a gold four years ago in strange circumstances ( odd scoring??) or am I just making that up?
  • Options

Apparently they are some 3d printed art. Every athlete just looks at them like what is this piece of s##t...that aint going in the suitcase.
    Ah. I thought maybe they were a medal stand for your mantelpiece.....
  • Options
    What did Louis Smith do?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Door stop for you digs in the Olympic village?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,079
    welshowl said:

Did he miss out on a gold four years ago in strange circumstances ( odd scoring??) or am I just making that up?
    I believe he had the same score as the Gold medal winner but had a lower difficulty so lost out on Gold as a result.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

What did Louis Smith do?

He is really pissed off and showing it and basically ignoring Whitlock...at the medal ceremony, he walked straight past him to give the American (who got a bronze) a hug.
  • Options

welshowl said:

Well all that chocolate and booze can be very expensive ;-)

Can you imagine what their fridge will be...chicken, turkey, chicken, turkey, steak, steak, 10kg protein powder, 3 gallons of milk and 4 dozen eggs.
    Fridges rather than fridge one suspects.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Door stop for you digs in the Olympic village?

Hand over to a mugger?

• Options

What did Louis Smith do?

He is really pissed off and showing it and basically ignoring Whitlock...at the medal ceremony, he walked straight past him to give the American (who got a bronze) a hug.
    Thanks, normally he's a gent.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,472
    DavidL said:

But conversely, Bill Clinton was impeached but did not resign (the US constitution defines impeachment as the President being put on trial, as he was)

That trial did the GOP terrible damage. Would they really want to make the same mistake again?
    Such terrible damage that the following year they took the Presidency, and retained the House and the Senate, keeping all of them for six years until the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and the Iraq war? I think they'd be very happy with that level of damage right now!

The reason I'm not tempted by this bet is it's hard to see what will come out after election that won't be used before. If something damaging were to come out about Clinton, more damaging than her emails, then she will surely be arrested and if so she will be unable to stand at all or if already elected will have to resign.

As for Trump, in the very unlikely event he claws this back, he will probably bluster endlessly but do nothing as that is what he is good (bad?) at. So on what grounds would he be impeached?

Given both candidates' age, shady past history and uselessness though, a much more promising bet would be on Pence or Kaine to be President by 2018. I think Kaine would definitely be a value bet from that point of view if there is a market.
  • Options

What did Louis Smith do?

Was visibly disappointed in coming second. The scandal.
  • Options

What did Louis Smith do?

Oh, missed that.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

welshowl said:

I believe he had the same score as the Gold medal winner but had a lower difficulty so lost out on Gold as a result.
    Ah. Thanks. Thought there was something. Must be tough to be fair.
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    edited August 2016
    I'm still holding onto my 4-5 Democrat ticket and leaving at that as far as POTUS is concerned,although I hope Elizabeth Warren goes for it next time and suggest you keep a long-term eye on Zephyr Teachout who is standing for the Senate.There are also 8 states balloting for legal regulation of cannabis at the same,California being the most important.If Cali goes,the Red States will start tumblimg like dominoes.This could be the tipping point in terms of current drug policy.
    40% per annum is a lot better than base rate.
  • Options
    Does anyone else think Clinton will only do 1 term if she is elected?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

DavidL said:

It's the GOP, their modus operandi when analysing failure is to assume they just didn't do the last action hard enough.

Indeed, if Trump loses it will be because he was not socially conservative enough, not because he lost the centre and failed to create a message to appeal to the multiracial US of today. The GOP, like Labour, presently put ideology above electability
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,420
    Alistair said:

Yes. Her health will never last 8 years at her age under that kind of pressure.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

No, she is power mad, especially as she may well only have to beat Cruz in 2020 if she beats Trump in November
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Poor India :lol::lol:
    Not to worry Sunil; India are still comfortably on course for a gold medal in the Having A Manned Space Program Funded By The UK Overseas Aid Budget competition!

[/pre-tennis final trolling]
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Alistair said:

If elected, Hillary will be 69 years old; Donald Trump 70. It is easily possible neither will fancy going round again.
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    Alistair said:

DavidL said:

i imagine trump will just blame cruz for.his loss as well. may make it harder for cruz.

i can see maybe kasich having a go
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Another gold-silver guaranteed in the women's cycling, I think?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Another gold-silver guaranteed in the women's cycling.

This is just the qualifying. Along way to go yet. They now have to do all the match spiriting, where anything can happen.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978

Not yet? Couple more qualifiers to get through.
  • Options
    Looks like SeanT called it right on the Team GB Olympic performance.
  • Options
    Team GB
    Race is on! Great 200m sprint from @katymarch to clock 10.787 to qualify second fastest behind teammate @BecksJames! https://t.co/0xmeyjWdXW
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Not to worry Sunil; India are still comfortably on course for a gold medal in the Having A Manned Space Program Funded By The UK Overseas Aid Budget competition!

If rugby sevens is in the Olympics, I don't really see why cricket couldn't be included?
  • Options

Looks like SeanT called it right on the Team GB Olympic performance.

Just like he did in 2012.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Alistair said:

There were pictures last week of her being helped up some stairs with helpers taking both arms. Her poor health isn't a theoretical fear - it's on open display.
  • Options
    619 said:

Alistair said:

DavidL said:

i imagine trump will just blame cruz for.his loss as well. may make it harder for cruz.

i can see maybe kasich having a go
    Kasich only won one state this year, his home state, Cruz won 11. I can't see the GOP base picking a RINO like Kasich in 2020, it will take a few more defeats yet before electability comes into play when they pick a nominee
  • Options

Ah, ok. Getting ahead of myself, I think!
  • Options
    Time for Manx Missile in the multi-event jobbie in the cycling, then the two British lads with rockets for legs go head to head.
  • Options
    Marcus Rose looks like he is drawn by Steve Bell.....
  • Options

Can we just cancel the rest of the olympics now? :D
  • Options
    Another gold in the sailing! This is joyous.
  • Options
    And GOLD number 14..... in the boats
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Alistair said:

What did Louis Smith do?

Was visibly disappointed in coming second. The scandal.
    It is a truism that silver is the worst medal because you lost out on gold, whereas the bronze medallist was often never really a contender so is ecstatic at winning the consolation race.
  • Options

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

If rugby sevens is in the Olympics, I don't really see why cricket couldn't be included?
    I'd prefer to pick sports we'd actually have a chance of Gold at!

Longbow would have the double benefit of guaranteed Gold and also annoying the Frogs.
  • Options
    Another gold? :D
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,162
    Alistair said:

DavidL said:

I can't see Cruz ever winning the nomination. He's too loathsome. In four years' time someone else will have learnt from Cruz's almost-successful run and will beat him at his own game.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978

The gold medals are flooding in so fast hard to keep track - amazing stuff
  • Options
    @SeanT really needs to come on tonight to enjoy this :p
  • Options

Alistair said:

If elected, Hillary will be 69 years old; Donald Trump 70. It is easily possible neither will fancy going round again.
    It is easily possible in Hilary's case at least that she may be physically unable to stand again. Several health scares and an increasing frailty do not inspire confidence in her future vitality. This is also a good reason to be looking at Kaine as the next President but one.

I think I am also right in saying that no VP who ascended to the Oval Office has been refused his party's nomination at the next election since Chester Arthur in 1884. So Kaine would under those circumstances be a shoo-in for the 2020 nomination as well.
  • Options

And GOLD number 14..... in the boats

I do hope they're very posh ones
  • Options
    Following on from the discussion the other day

We should change our national anthem from God Save The Queen to Gold by Spandau Ballet
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Team GB
    Race is on! Great 200m sprint from @katymarch to clock 10.787 to qualify second fastest behind teammate @BecksJames! https://t.co/0xmeyjWdXW

Indeed. There are some issues I think having sports that people are already massively into, unlike (sorry) athletics and others for which this is their big moment every 4 years (comparatively) but Cricket makes pretty good sense as while only a few nations are really good and thus medal contenders, generally, for Twenty20 you do have a better chance of smaller nations having a good run and some shocks, places like Afghanistan.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Another gold? :D

Ah, it's banked until Tuesday when the races finish so won't appear until then.
  • Options

Alistair said:

DavidL said:

I can't see Cruz ever winning the nomination. He's too loathsome. In four years' time someone else will have learnt from Cruz's almost-successful run and will beat him at his own game.
    I really liked him and would have voted for him in the primaries.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    edited August 2016
    I went to put two pictures up for my daughter and in that period of time we won 3 gold Medals 1 Silver and broke yet another world record

This is beyond crazy.......

We are second in the Medals table above China

Thos guys and gals are doing us proud!!
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

They need to make Kabaddi an Olympic sport.

• Options

We should change our national anthem from God Save The Queen to Gold by Spandau Ballet

Only when we come first, otherwise it'd be a bit weird :D
  • Options

It's getting tedious. Between the gold medals and the Corbyn-bashing, we seem to have lost our fine British tradition of admiring total and utter losers.

Only our cricketers, and at that only our batsmen, seem to understand that the principle of our proper sport is to lose gallantly and hopelessly, preferably in the most inept way possible.

I'm not counting football as that's just bank transactions on grass these days.
  • Options
    RobD said:

"HI Ho Silver Lining" as a B-Side national anthem?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    If you're on Twitter - the TeamGB account really is a must

On the water @470Girls place 8th in the 470 Women's Race 6 but remain 1st in the overall standings on 19pts #Sailing https://t.co/TNV9dTIaRw

In the Finn Men's Race 09 @GilesScott placed 8th but retains 1st in the overall standings with 2 races left #Sailing https://t.co/qBMKZE55yn
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Only our cricketers, and at that only our batsmen, seem to understand that the principle of our proper sport is to lose gallantly and hopelessly, preferably in the most inept way possible.

And they are inconsistent about that as well, sometimes they forget and win gloriously too!
  • Options
    Murray coming on now.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

It's getting tedious. Between the gold medals and the Corbyn-bashing, we seem to have lost our fine British tradition of admiring total and utter losers.

There's still time for a tennis-playing Scotsman to assist you with that tradition.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    RobD said:

Could change it for the situation...

Silver
    Always believe in your soul ♫
    You've got the power to know ♫
    You're indestructible ♫
    Always believe in, because you are ♫
    Silver

• Options
    There's a 10 yr old chinese child mucking around in the PE..
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Struggling to raise much interest in most of these sports - I remember that anonymous survey at the 2011 athletics world championships, when about a third of them admitted doping. How can the clean ones even be competitive?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

And they are inconsistent about that as well, sometimes they forget and win gloriously too!
    Not quite - sometimes the batsmen are bailed out by the bowlers. Most unsportingly these guys think the whole point of flogging themselves through the pain, effort and sacrifice of a sporting career is to win. Only our batsmen maintain the fine tradition of throwing away their wickets by nicking wide ones or driving straight to cover.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    Watching the Olympics is a great mix of grand sporting tension and national pride.

Anyone who watched the two gold medal winning team pursuits on the track must have felt the nerves fray as they observing the clock.
  • Options

RobD said:

Could change it for the situation...

Silver
    Always believe in your soul ♫
    You've got the power to know ♫
    You're indestructible ♫
    Always believe in, because you are ♫
    Silver

Hi Ho Silver
    Here comes the lone ranger
    He's riding on down
    To rescue me
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    GeoffM said:

ydoethur said:

There's still time for a tennis-playing Scotsman to assist you with that tradition.
    Murray epitomises our fall from grace. For 77 years it was the job of a British man to fight against hopeless odds to reach round two at Wimbledon so we could all cheer him as he lost to some twelve year old Yank with a bad shaving technique. Henman, Rusedski, Bates, Taylor, Lloyd, Sapsford - all these fine names.

Murray's wrecked it by winning an Olympic gold and three Grand Slams. It's just not on.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Alistair said:

DavidL said:

If Trump loses the only candidates who have a chance of stopping Cruz winning the GOP nomination in 2020 are those who are just as conservative, RINOs need not apply!
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Or Cricket...
  • Options
    You get the feeling that these cycling events are dreamt up by three blokes sitting round a table somewhere and trying to work out what else they can do with people on bikes in an arena with a big circular track.

Not that I'm complaining, mind...
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Isn't India in with a chance at the Hockey?
  • Options
    Tonight is the sporting equivalent of CON GAIN BOOTLE.....
  • Options
    This bike omnium thing....

This makes as much sense as pommel horse in the dressage....
  • Options
    BBC Sport
    Here we go again!

Giles Scott guarantees #Gold ahead of tomorrow's medal race in the Finn.

https://t.co/JjURSkJxTP https://t.co/iCadMthaIu
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    :wink:

Sam Freedman
    If you exclude swimming we'd actually be leading the medal table ahead of the US now. #Rio2016
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Or Cricket...
    Polo would be good if only to see Tyson meltdown.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    Andrew said:

Struggling to raise much interest in most of these sports - I remember that anonymous survey at the 2011 athletics world championships, when about a third of them admitted doping. How can the clean ones even be competitive?

They are competitive and they win stuff. Thats all there is to it.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

There were pictures last week of her being helped up some stairs with helpers taking both arms. Her poor health isn't a theoretical fear - it's on open display.
    There was also a picture of her having clearly not made it to the toilet in time. I assumed that both were photo-shopped fakes. Who knows? That the dreadful old bat might become president of the USA is a terrible indictment of the state of that country.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Or Cricket...
    I can see 20:20 becoming an olympic sport.

Of course GBR will win :) (Won't be a West indies team ;) )
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Or Cricket...
    I can see 20:20 becoming an olympic sport.

Of course GBR will win :) (Won't be a West indies team ;) )
    That would be massive for Olympic viewing in the sub-Continent.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    Darts please.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Moses_ said:

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Or Cricket...
    Darts...
    .....although I'm not sure if he'd like that because he hates the wwc aswell.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,554
    What is spurring on our Olympians the most, SeanT's pessimism of Tyson's snobbery?

SeanT will be delighted to be proved wrong, Tyson's probably kicked the cat.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Moses_ said:

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

MTimT said:

Or Cricket...
    Wouldn't the Argies win?
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 5,021

Hard to think of a tune that's worse than God Save the Queen, but you've just managed it.
  • Options
    Or maybe poker, bridge.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

There was also a picture of her having clearly not made it to the toilet in time. I assumed that both were photo-shopped fakes. Who knows? That the dreadful old bat might become president of the USA is a terrible indictment of the state of that country.
    It's not so much that they've chosen Clinton. They've chosen total duds in the past and will again in the future. What worries me is that in a nation of approximately 300 million they've got a choice between her and Trump. I mean - seriously?!! What does that say about them?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

GeoffM said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:

It's not so much that they've chosen Clinton. They've chosen total duds in the past and will again in the future. What worries me is that in a nation of approximately 300 million they've got a choice between her and Trump. I mean - seriously?!! What does that say about them?
    There is definitely a thing where our brightest and best don't touch politics with a barge poll.
This discussion has been closed.