Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

Comments

• Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,446
    Scott_P said:

@holyroodmandy: @Ruth_E_Davidson says @theSNP must now govern not hector #SP16

@holyroodmandy: @Ruth_E_Davidson urges @NicolaSturgeon to start new @ScotParl by ruling out a 2nd referendum #SP16

"I hope you washed your ARSE this morning. It's about to be kissed by a King First Minister!"
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited May 2016
    U-TURNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.....

In a major concession over its controversial academy plans, the government has announced good or outstanding schools will no longer be forced to become academies.

Osborne told to get back in his box.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 725
    edited May 2016
    Michael Dugher (Labour MP) on BBC Two still criticising Corbyn's leadership, saying that Labour should have been electorally "storming ahead" of what he deems "the worst Conservative government that I can remember since Major in the mid-90s".

Seeing as it's the first Conservative government (technically) since Major in the mid-90s... :-)
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,261
    edited May 2016

scotslass said:

Getting 47 per cent of the vote but no majority compared to Cameron's 37 per cent with a majority. Which would you have?

On governing Sturgeon will have no problem. Limit legislation, maximise intitiatives and put the other parties on the spot. Salmond did it with 47 for four years between 2007-2011. Sturgeon will do it with 63 for five.

On independence she still has an indy majority in the Parliament and Greens have just confirmed it in the same language of popular demand that Sturgeon uses.

Ironically the Greens are running on SNP petrol rather than their own wind power in the second vote. If they start to go cool on independence then they will be back in their two seat box in the next parliament.

The good news for the SNP is that with the Tories in second place they'll have no trouble in getting their tax cutting agenda through the Parliament. Unlike other parts of the UK, Scotland has voted unequivocally for parties that believe the best way to grow the economy is to cut taxes for the better off, rather than raising them, and to squeeze the public services used by the poorest. It is now clearly the most right wing of the home nations. Whoever would have thought it?

The SNP's most impressive trick is to convince people it is progressive or even left wing.
    A trick that SLab, despite its essentially Blairite tendencies, seems entirely incapable of performing on its own behalf.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,290
    Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak 2m2 minutes ago
    The government has abandoned its plans to force all schools to become academies.

Good day to bury some bad news.
  • Options
    anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578

Dismore now comfortably ahead for Labour in Brent and Harrow. Merton and Wandsworth still looking like a Labour gain on a slim margin (about a 3,5-4% swing to Labour there), and Redbridge like a Tory hold on an even slimmer one. Basically the core of the doughnut turned out and the outer ring is not as Tory as it was. There seems to be neither a big Khan personal vote or a big anti-Khan personal vote (except maybe in Brent and Harrow, but I think the difference there is Dismore's personal vote), as the Khan/Labour votes move in step. People have seemingly just shrugged off all the "you once met an Islamist" stuff and voted on a party basis.

Anecdotally I did meet a few Labour voters on the doorstep yesterday in inner London who said they weren't voting for Khan.

However I also met a large number of very enthusiastic Khan supporters who hadn't always voted in the past and some who were splitting their vote - including one who said she has voted for Khan as Mayor and UKIP in the party list! In the event the two trends seem to have balanced each other, leaving Khan on roughly the same vote share as the Party.

Universal view was that Goldsmith had fought a poor campaign, completely failed to play to his strengths on the environment etc and recipients of the "family jewelry" letters felt insulted and angry.

It may also be the case that the Goldsmith vote energised dormant anti-Tory voters who were reminded of why they do not like the party. It sort of happened in Oldham East too to an extent: the UKIP campaign actually got Labour voters to come out and vote.

Agreed.

Coming out for Leave was another Goldsmith blunder - London leans heavily to Remain and going for Leave lost him any chance of vocal support from business or the City.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Con win Lincolnshire PCC. Last time it was won by an Independent who didn't stand again
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506

Mike:

UKIP back in 4th place in 2016 projected national vote share from BBC.
    Con 30
    Lab 31
    LD 15
    UKIP 12
    UKIP failed in goal of being 3rd

Local election vote share is influenced by how many seats the Lib Dems and UKIP stand in. It does not necessarily reflect general election vote share when UKIP and Lib Dem stand in nearly all the seats.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822

U-TURNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.....

In a major concession over its controversial academy plans, the government has announced good or outstanding schools will no longer be forced to become academies.

Good.
  • Options
    Indy hold Dorset PCC
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

The government has abandoned its plans to force all schools to become academies.

Does that include the Jedi Academy?????
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    dr_spyn said:

Good grief GO is now a serious drag on the ticket.
  • Options

Dismore now comfortably ahead for Labour in Brent and Harrow. Merton and Wandsworth still looking like a Labour gain on a slim margin (about a 3,5-4% swing to Labour there), and Redbridge like a Tory hold on an even slimmer one. Basically the core of the doughnut turned out and the outer ring is not as Tory as it was. There seems to be neither a big Khan personal vote or a big anti-Khan personal vote (except maybe in Brent and Harrow, but I think the difference there is Dismore's personal vote), as the Khan/Labour votes move in step. People have seemingly just shrugged off all the "you once met an Islamist" stuff and voted on a party basis.

Anecdotally I did meet a few Labour voters on the doorstep yesterday in inner London who said they weren't voting for Khan.

However I also met a large number of very enthusiastic Khan supporters who hadn't always voted in the past and some who were splitting their vote - including one who said she has voted for Khan as Mayor and UKIP in the party list! In the event the two trends seem to have balanced each other, leaving Khan on roughly the same vote share as the Party.

Universal view was that Goldsmith had fought a poor campaign, completely failed to play to his strengths on the environment etc and recipients of the "family jewelry" letters felt insulted and angry.

It may also be the case that the Goldsmith vote energised dormant anti-Tory voters who were reminded of why they do not like the party. It sort of happened in Oldham East too to an extent: the UKIP campaign actually got Labour voters to come out and vote.

Agreed.

Coming out for Leave was another Goldsmith blunder - London leans heavily to Remain and going for Leave lost him any chance of vocal support from business or the City.
    Anti-Eu, anti-heathrow, less than pro uber, wrong side of all those arguments for London.
  • Options

Mike:

Con 30
    Lab 31
    LD 15
    UKIP 12

Local election vote share is influenced by how many seats the Lib Dems and UKIP stand in. It does not necessarily reflect general election vote share when UKIP and Lib Dem stand in nearly all the seats.
    UKIP stood in more councils. LDs didn't have any candidates in 10% of councils at all.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,970

scotslass said:

Getting 47 per cent of the vote but no majority compared to Cameron's 37 per cent with a majority. Which would you have?

On governing Sturgeon will have no problem. Limit legislation, maximise intitiatives and put the other parties on the spot. Salmond did it with 47 for four years between 2007-2011. Sturgeon will do it with 63 for five.

On independence she still has an indy majority in the Parliament and Greens have just confirmed it in the same language of popular demand that Sturgeon uses.

Ironically the Greens are running on SNP petrol rather than their own wind power in the second vote. If they start to go cool on independence then they will be back in their two seat box in the next parliament.

The good news for the SNP is that with the Tories in second place they'll have no trouble in getting their tax cutting agenda through the Parliament. Unlike other parts of the UK, Scotland has voted unequivocally for parties that believe the best way to grow the economy is to cut taxes for the better off, rather than raising them, and to squeeze the public services used by the poorest. It is now clearly the most right wing of the home nations. Whoever would have thought it?

The SNP's most impressive trick is to convince people it is progressive or even left wing. This ought to provide an opening for SLAB to attack SNP as the party of the rich and big business.

If you tell people what they want to hear they will often ignore what you actually do. But Scotland is a right of centre country today. There is absolutely no doubt about it.

• Options
    pbr2013pbr2013 Posts: 649
    Is @pinkrose an @isam trolling account?
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,368

Bexley and Bromley GLA constituency

Conservative 87460
    Labour 45791
    Ukip 30485
    Green 12685
    Lib Dem 12145
    APP 1243

The truest, bluest part of Greater London?
    Compared with last time, Con minus 1K, Lab up 5K.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    TGOHF said:

dr_spyn said:

Good grief GO is now a serious drag on the ticket.
    One consolation of a remain victory might be Osborne being moved.
  • Options
    PaulyPauly Posts: 897
    edited May 2016

Mike:

Con 30
    Lab 31
    LD 15
    UKIP 12

UKIP stood in more councils. LDs didn't have any candidates in 10% of councils at all.
    Is it still an unfair extrapolation because of full votes in areas where UKIP typically do worse, such as Scotland and London?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Constant u-turns is an inevitable feature of a government with a majority of 12 and a glittering array of would-be divas on its backbenches.
  • Options

Con win Lincolnshire PCC. Last time it was won by an Independent who didn't stand again

Have I missed Sussex or are we still waiting?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,583

Mike:

Con 30
    Lab 31
    LD 15
    UKIP 12

NESV takes into account that.
  • Options

Constant u-turns is an inevitable feature of a government with a majority of 12 and a glittering array of would-be divas on its backbenches.

On schools though it was a bloody stupid idea, with no real upside.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

The front bench seems to be the issue here.
  • Options
    Still waiting.

So far

Labour held PCC for Durham, Cleveland and Northumbria
    Con held Northamptonshire, Wiltshire, Suffolk
    Indy held Dorset
    Con gained Lincolnshire from Ind

• Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

I think we're still waiting, but I'd be gobsmacked if Katy Bourne doesn't get re-elected easily.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,618

U-TURNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.....

If only Nicky Morgan had the balls to tell him where to go when he suggested it. Osborne's toadys are completely inept. Rudd, Morgan and Javid are completely incapable of being Secretaries of State.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Is there a place to follow just PCCs that gives you hold/gains?
  • Options
    No_Offence_AlanNo_Offence_Alan Posts: 3,849

U-TURNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.....

But local authority schools are never good or outstanding in Osborne-land.
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking that outside Scotland this is a pretty meh performance by the Tories too?
  • Options
    at one point they fill be flashed here by BBC
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election/2016/police

• Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340

Oh I completely agree. Sometimes the would-be divas are right.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I think the principal opponent to this policy lives next door to Mr Osborne.
  • Options

Am I right in thinking that outside Scotland this is a pretty meh performance by the Tories too?

I think meh sums up results for everybody.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Scott_P said:

@holyroodmandy: @Ruth_E_Davidson urges @NicolaSturgeon to start new @ScotParl by ruling out a 2nd referendum #SP16

I'm glad we've stopped talking about Independence.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,583

Yup. Is slightly worse than after the omnishambles budget.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @SouthamObserver

'Boris's legacy to London is a Labour mayor and a Labour assembly.'

As the assembly needs a two-thirds majority to block any of the Mayor's policies, it's in realty just a talking shop and jobs for the boys.
  • Options
    In Hampshire PCC contest
    Con and Lab go to round 2. Incumbent Indy eliminated.
    Con will win easily
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @aljwhite: Currently running a spread bet on how long it takes Ken to say Hitler. #bbcnews
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    Alistair said:

Scott_P said:

I'm glad we've stopped talking about Independence.
    Davidson is asking Sturgeon to do just that.
  • Options

Yes, but for a split party Labour have let them off the hook. A better Labour leader would have put them to the sword and Dave would be in serious shit right now trying to explain that 300 losses aren't so bad.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,368

I think Khan fought an excellent campaign. One that Labour nationally would do well to emulate - plenty of outreach to potentially difficult and doubtful parts of the electorate.

Boris's legacy to London is a Labour mayor and a Labour assembly.

Yes, I agree - there were plenty of pitfalls and he avoided them all with a careful, positive and disciplined effort. I thought his comment of regret that Goldsmith, who he knew as a liberal cosmopolitan, had allowed his campaign to slip into anti-Muslim stereotyping was far better than if he'd denounced Goldsmith personally. It pretty much defused the issue.

It's a lesson for Crosby and his mates - you can't win an election *only* by shouting "Islamist!" "friends with extremists!" and the like.
  • Options

The almost total lack of council/seat changes in England as been really odd. Bar the odd upset where Kippers have picked up a few new ones, its SNAFU.
  • Options

Good result for Khan though, as the numbers currently stand.
  • Options
    Who let Ken on the telly?? :p
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,001

Oh I completely agree. Sometimes the would-be divas are right.
    The idea was piss poor for outstanding schools to become academies. I said so as much
  • Options
    SPIN have settled their seats market :)
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,967
    Pauly said:

Mike:

Con 30
    Lab 31
    LD 15
    UKIP 12

Is it still an unfair extrapolation because of full votes in areas where UKIP typically do worse, such as Scotland and London?
    UKIP, though, will probably finish slightly ahead of the Lib Dems in London.
  • Options
    Lab hold South Yorkshire PCC on first preferences.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Yes, but for a split party Labour have let them off the hook. A better Labour leader would have put them to the sword and Dave would be in serious shit right now trying to explain that 300 losses aren't so bad.

Yep.

• Options

"This is the worst conservative government since Major in the 90s"

errrrr

Under Major as PM the economy recovered from the recession of the early 1990s and a new monetary policy was put into effect after Black Wednesday. The basic rate of income tax was reduced from 25% to 23%, UK Government spending reduced as a percentage of GDP, and the budget deficit reduced from £50.8 billion in 1993 to £15.5 billion in 1997.

A better record than under Cameron.
  • Options
    Anyone remember what the MoL second preference polling was?
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    RobD said:

The vote is already over. Anyway he attracts as many voters in London as he repels.
  • Options

I think Khan fought an excellent campaign. One that Labour nationally would do well to emulate - plenty of outreach to potentially difficult and doubtful parts of the electorate.

Yes, I agree - there were plenty of pitfalls and he avoided them all with a careful, positive and disciplined effort. I thought his comment of regret that Goldsmith, who he knew as a liberal cosmopolitan, had allowed his campaign to slip into anti-Muslim stereotyping was far better than if he'd denounced Goldsmith personally. It pretty much defused the issue.

It's a lesson for Crosby and his mates - you can't win an election *only* by shouting "Islamist!" "friends with extremists!" and the like.
    Not in London you can't no.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,907
    Sussex PCC Live Video

https://www.periscope.tv/SussexPCC/1djGXDoqNPyGZ

First Round Declaration coming up.
  • Options
    @PaulBrandITV: Ken is definitely not talking about Hitler again on the BBC right now... not at all. #election2016
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,727
    Looks like Lib Dems have gained Watford from NOC.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146
    RobD said:

Are the embittered Blairites making a fuss again? They'll do anything to distract from the wave of Corbynism sweeping the nation.
  • Options
    @ChrisMasonBBC: Ken Livingstone has been talking Hitler for about 5 minutes now on @bbcnews
  • Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251
    In Kent PCC ELECTION: After the 1st round, UKIP's Henry Bolton (73,299) & Conservative Matthew Scott (88,396) proceed to the second preference count
  • Options
    RobD said:

This does lead to one question. If Labour is doing just as well / just as badly as in 2012, why is Khan winning so easily when Livingstone lost ?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@ChrisMasonBBC: Ken Livingstone has been talking Hitler for about 5 minutes now on @bbcnews

Seriously....he must have been on the juice all day.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

RobD said:

This does lead to one question. If Labour is doing just as well / just as badly as in 2012, why is Khan winning so easily when Livingstone lost ?
    London has improved for Labour since 2012. The results in 2015 show that.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,001
    Big winner from last night is Ruth - meh results for everyone else
  • Options

Yup. Is slightly worse than after the omnishambles budget.
    When the seats were last contested?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,967

A swing of 3.5% since the General Election is equivalent to a 2% Conservative lead in England. It's an artificial exercise though, as so much of England didn't have local elections. The PCC elections may give some pointer as to how the parties were faring elsewhere.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

RobD said:

Two words...Boris....Livingston....
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,907
    Tory and Labour into the 2nd round of the Sussex PCC election.

Rock'n'roll.
  • Options
    Priceless Ken: "You've cost us seats all over the country."
  • Options
    The London result looks to be a carbon copy of the GE result there.
  • Options
    JonCisBackJonCisBack Posts: 911
    BBC Council results site is dire.

Always used to be able to see gains or losses by council, now all you get is a link to the relevant council's homepage! Most of these don;t have "gain" or "loss" just who won.

How pathetic.
  • Options
    anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578
    surbiton said:

RobD said:

In 2012 Livingstone's vote was appreciably less than that of the Labour assembly candidates. This year Khan's vote seems to be about the same.
  • Options

People will never vote for these Politically Correct Commissioners.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

We don't know the counterfactual. It might easily have been worse for Zac Goldsmith.
  • Options

Agreed.

Anti-Eu, anti-heathrow, less than pro uber, wrong side of all those arguments for London.
    http://www.gatwickobviously.com/
  • Options
    @GerriPeev: Handing Ken Livingstone a mic is like giving an alcoholic a bottle of Jack Daniel's.They can't help themselves & it's not good for the kids
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Rotherham Lab 48 UKIP 14 Ind 1 final figures

several seats swopped both ways between UKIP and Lab but net change appears to be
    Con -1 UKIP plus 1
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    Ruth Davidson For Next Conservative Party Leader and Prime Minister

RDFNCPLAPM
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    A substantial increase in PCC turnout, even if from dismal to very poor...
  • Options
    surbiton said:

People will never vote for these Politically Correct Commissioners.
    Turnout up across the board:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2016/police
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

Khan ran a very good campaign and was a good choice for Labour, albeit a bit dull. But Zac was even more dull, so that didn't matter.

The 'friends with extremists' line never really caught on. Personally I was never convinced by it, the well-argued posts by Ms Cyclefree notwithstanding. I'm much more concerned about Sadiq's daft policies on housing and transport fares, but if Londoners want to vote for less housing and worse transport, who am I to complain?

As @anothernick and @FrancisUrquhart pointed out, Zac managed to be on the wrong side of some crucial issues. I'm surprised his campaign wasn't better; he never really made the leap from what works in Richmond to what would work in London as a whole.
  • Options
    RobD said:

surbiton said:

RobD said:

London won the GLA vote in 2012, having lost it in 2008. The mayoral vote was Boris v Ken and having seen Ken in action over recent weeks perhaps a few more people will begin to understand why a lot of Labour voters could not put their X's next to Ken's name.

• Options
    Scott_P said:

@GerriPeev: Handing Ken Livingstone a mic is like giving an alcoholic a bottle of Jack Daniel's.They can't help themselves & it's not good for the kids

That comment very close to the bone....
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Yep, Ken after lunch is very dangerous.

• Options

Khan ran a very good campaign and was a good choice for Labour, albeit a bit dull. But Zac was even more dull, so that didn't matter.

The 'friends with extremists' line never really caught on. Personally I was never convinced by it, the well-argued posts by Ms Cyclefree notwithstanding. I'm much more concerned about Sadiq's daft policies on housing and transport fares, but if Londoners want to vote for less housing and worse transport, who am I to complain?

As @anothernick and @FrancisUrquhart pointed out, Zac managed to be on the wrong side of some crucial issues. I'm surprised his campaign wasn't better; he never really made the leap from what works in Richmond to what would work in London as a whole.
    Reason he couldn't make the leap out of Richmond...he got confused by the tube ;-)
  • Options

RobD said:

surbiton said:

RobD said:

London won the GLA vote in 2012, having lost it in 2008. The mayoral vote was Boris v Ken and having seen Ken in action over recent weeks perhaps a few more people will begin to understand why a lot of Labour voters could not put their X's next to Ken's name.

I voted for Ken in 2000, voted against him in 2004 and 2008 and 2012.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

RobD said:

Khan is not up against Boris Johnson.
  • Options
    @katie_martin_fx: Ken says the Hitler controversy is fired up by Labour people "backed by the hedge funds".
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146

Scott_P said:

Yep, Ken after lunch is very dangerous.

You could never accuse him of losing his bottle.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @surbiton

'This does lead to one question. If Labour is doing just as well / just as badly as in 2012, why is Khan winning so easily when Livingstone lost ?'

8 years of Livingstone and his assorted nutters.

According to Prof Curtice Labour results excluding London are worse than in 2011 & 2012.

• Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176
    Just noticed that the Election Night 2015 coverage on iPlayer is no longer available.

Shame. I have enjoyed flicking through it a few times over the past 12 months, particularly the "OMFG" moment at the stroke of 10pm when Dimbleby revealed the exit poll and nobody could quite believe what they were seeing. And then Paddy promising to eat his hat, literally, if the LDs finished with as few as 10 MPs...

Is it available on DVD? :-)
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,629

U-TURNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.....

But local authority schools are never good or outstanding in Osborne-land.
    As usual with Osborne this was purely political.

It was about him finding a policy basis to cement an alliance with Gove post Brexit referendum.
  • Options
    My comment about corbyn 2020 GE campaign only talking to the BBC (if they promise to be nice) & press tv the other day looking like it will be spot on. He already doesn't do sky news, telegraph, Daily mail
  • Options
    Labour losses 25, Tory losses 20. Lib Dem gains 29. UKIP 24.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Tory and Labour into the 2nd round of the Sussex PCC election.

Rock'n'roll.

Labour? Golly. His statement wasn't up to much IIRC.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045

Bexley and Bromley GLA constituency

Conservative 87460
    Labour 45791
    Ukip 30485
    Green 12685
    Lib Dem 12145
    APP 1243

I make it (% change from 2012)

CON -6.5%
    LAB -0.1%
    UKIP +9.7%
    GRE +1.2%
    LD -0.4%
  • Options

Just noticed that the Election Night 2015 coverage on iPlayer is no longer available.

Shame. I have enjoyed flicking through it a few times over the past 12 months, particularly the "OMFG" moment at the stroke of 10pm when Dimbleby revealed the exit poll and nobody could quite believe what they were seeing. And then Paddy promising to eat his hat, literally, if the LDs finished with as few as 10 MPs...

Is it available on DVD? :-)

It is on youtube... preserved for the nation etc.... ;)
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,618
    Livingstone from BBC News
    "Former London Mayor Ken Livingstone comments on the anti-Semitism row that engulfed Labour. He claims others in Labour made an issue of it and tells these critics: "You've cost us seats all over the country."

They wouldn't have had the chance to fan the flames unless Livingstone had poured a great big can of petrol over an ember that seemed set to go out. He now accepts that the row cost Labour seats, yes is oblivious to his own role. The man is an utter liability to the party he purports to support.

• Options
    Scott_P said:

@katie_martin_fx: Ken says the Hitler controversy is fired up by Labour people "backed by the hedge funds".

Is he wrong ?
This discussion has been closed.