Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

Comments

• Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Good Evening Fellow Nazionists ....

Just noted the shocking news that @Charles has been resettled in the ghetto of NW8 !! .... I don't think I could have been more shocked if @MikeK had moved to Islington and become the Chief Iman of the Finsbury Park Mosque.

In other news Tim Farron is mobbed by an adoring public in Glasgow with a supplicant @malcolmg throwing tribute turnips at the LibDem leaders triumphant chariot ....
  • Options

Patrick said:

+5!

Way to go Ken n Naz!

Labour only down 2%, that Tory +5% is down to Dave's Pro-EU stance.
    Nah! It's the internal resistance to the traitorous pigdogs. St.Gove. ;-)
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,980
    SeanT said:

It's deeply symptomatic of REMAIN's dire performance that a ONE POINT LEAD is greeted with relief by REMAINIANS

We've had two weeks of solid REMAIN artillery, the best they have, throwing everything and more at LEAVE, from Obama to the kitchen sink to the OECD to Treasury to the IMF and the neighbour's kitchen sink, and this produces... A ONE POINT LEAD

Order of Immodium for Number 10.

I'm thinking it might be all they need to maintain, as I am naively thinking undecideds will break for remain.
  • Options
    DixieDixie Posts: 1,221
    SeanT said:

It's deeply symptomatic of REMAIN's dire performance that a ONE POINT LEAD is greeted with relief by REMAINIANS

We've had two weeks of solid REMAIN artillery, the best they have, throwing everything and more at LEAVE, from Obama to the kitchen sink to the OECD to Treasury to the IMF and the neighbour's kitchen sink, and this produces... A ONE POINT LEAD

The silent oldies will vote Leave
  • Options
    RobD said:

Opinium online Westminster VI

Con 38 (+5)
    Lab 30 (-2)
    LD 5 (nc)
    UKIP 15 (-2)
    Greens 4 (-1)

http://ourinsight.opinium.co.uk/survey-results/political-polling-26th-april-2016

Oh baby....
    Absolutely f*cking love it. Go go go go go go Ken, you absolute beauty!
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    edited April 2016
    SeanT said:

I still have half the ones you sent me a couple of weeks back. I'll forward them on.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,030

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

'Indeed, I think John Mcdonnell could be Labour's Michael Howard to Corbyn's IDS, from the same wing of the party, both Shadow Chancellor but both more media savvy, intelligent and heavy hitting. Howard did not win but he did ensure the Tories made modest progress in 2005 to set up their future recovery.'

Howard achieved a 3% swing and gained over 30 seats in 2005. If Mcdonnell were to manage that he would make it to No 10!

McDonnell is no Howard.

Howard might have had something about the night about him. McDonnell has something about the IRA about him.

And I think we all know how the British would react to having a terrorist apologist as a potential PM candidate.
    McDo
    McDonnell is not a heavy hitter in th
    For the left Michael Howard was associated with the miners strike, the poll tax and an authoritarian criminal justice policy, mo
    You have a very rose-tinted view of McDonnell's "career". His elevation to the Shadow Chancellorship was achieved only because of the arrival of Corbyn - and you will remember how many objected to the appointment from within the Party. He has held no other ministerial or shadow role - unsurprising considering his extreme views and his record of being a serial rebel against the Party line. None of that puts him on a par with Howard - who has a long record of service in a range of roles.

Take the blinkers off and look at what McDonnell has done and said over his life, the people and causes he has supported. He is not a vote-winner for Labour, he never has been and he never will be.

Without Corbyn, he would still be on the backbenchers. And yet, here we are talking about him leading Labour - possibly within a matter of months - even though he failed in his many previous attempts to stand for election to that position.

What a mad, mad world.
    You are speaking from the point of view of a right wing Tory, your opinion is about as useful as asking a leftwing Labour voter about Michael Howard, they would associate him with the poll tax and section 28 as much as you associate McDonnell with terrorists. I never said he was a great vote winner but neither was Howard, both however brought a bit more heft to the leadership. McDonnell has only tried once for the leadership, in 2007, just as Howard tried once in 1997, Howard came last, it was being Shadow Chancellor and on the same wing as the incumbent which gave/give both their chance
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,907

Con 38 (+5)
    Lab 30 (-2)
    LD 5 (nc)
    UKIP 15 (-2)
    Greens 4 (-1)

http://ourinsight.opinium.co.uk/survey-results/political-polling-26th-april-2016

Wow, a 7 point change in one month, really?

Last poll a huge outlier?
  • Options

Con 38 (+5)
    Lab 30 (-2)
    LD 5 (nc)
    UKIP 15 (-2)
    Greens 4 (-1)

So the Tories pick up 2% each from UKIP and Labour but also 1% from the Greens? Must be Zac exposure!
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited April 2016

Opinium EU Ref online poll

Remain 42 (+3)
    Leave 41% (-2)

Changes from four weeks ago

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/30/referendum-poll-boost-remain-campaign-economic-argument

Is the Guardian joking when they describe a 1% lead for Remain as a "poll boost"? It might be technically speaking in terms of this particular polling firm...
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Titter .... yup that 8 point lead over Jezza's Labour must really be giving the PM the shits.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Remain 42 (+3)
    Leave 41% (-2)

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/30/referendum-poll-boost-remain-campaign-economic-argument

Is the Guardian joking when they describe a 1% lead for Remain as a "poll boost"? It might be technically speaking in terms of this particular polling firm...
    I think it is fair to describe a +3% improvement as a boost. Not yet tipping point territory, mind you ;)
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    SeanT said:

I'm in the really stupid position of not knowing which way to vote yet hoping that Leave wins.

It would be such a wonderful rebuff for the Establishment.

But that isn't a very good reason to vote for Leave.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Con 38 (+5)
    Lab 30 (-2)
    LD 5 (nc)
    UKIP 15 (-2)
    Greens 4 (-1)

Wow, a 7 point change in one month, really?

Last poll a huge outlier?
    Last poll was in the weeks after IDS resigned and the Tories were tearing strips out of each other.

After the week Labour have had, this poll isn't surprising
  • Options
    RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Remain 42 (+3)
    Leave 41% (-2)

I think it is fair to describe a +3% improvement as a boost. Not yet tipping point territory, mind you ;)
    It's technically correct but in all other respects it's a bit pathetic. A 1% lead for Remain after everything they've thrown at Leave including Obama? Not exactly impressive.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Dixie said:

RobD said:

Con 38 (+5)
    Lab 30 (-2)
    LD 5 (nc)
    UKIP 15 (-2)
    Greens 4 (-1)

Oh baby....
    Absolutely f*cking love it. Go go go go go go Ken, you absolute beauty!
    Too early for Labour’s anti-Semite problems to have registered in the polls me thinks.

Although I’m at a loss as to why there is such a jump. :lol:
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,501
    edited April 2016
    AndyJS said:

Remain 42 (+3)
    Leave 41% (-2)

They are talking about the swing. People got over excited by a 1% swing to Leave with YouGov earlier on this week.

This is a 2.5% swing to Remain
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    edited April 2016
    HYUFD said:

You are speaking from the point of view of a right wing Tory, your opinion is about as useful as asking a leftwing Labour voter about Michael Howard, they would associate him with the poll tax and section 28 as much as you associate McDonnell with terrorists. I never said he was a great vote winner but neither was Howard, both however brought a bit more heft to the leadership. McDonnell has only tried once for the leadership, in 2007, just as Howard tried once in 1997, Howard came last, it was being Shadow Chancellor and on the same wing as the incumbent which gave/give both their chance

Howard had served in three different Cabinet roles - including the Home Office. McDonnell has nothing even close to that on his CV. There is no equivalence between their careers at all.

And there is no equivalence at all between policies such as the Community Charge and Section 28 and McDonnell's relationship with those who use terror as a weapon on the streets of Britain and beyond.

And I am very far from being a right wing anything. I have never been a member of any party and have a mixed voting record.
  • Options
    If Tories have 8 point lead across GB, the lead in England will be more, say 11. Blues are 8 to 13% behind in London typically. I wonder what the figures are in London. Tories behind 5% at most? Labour fear a low turn out too.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Remain 42 (+3)
    Leave 41% (-2)

It's technically correct but in all other respects it's a bit pathetic. A 1% lead for Remain after everything they've thrown at Leave including Obama? Not exactly impressive.
    And a 1% Remain win would soon see Leave Tory voters drifting back to UKIP
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited April 2016

Con 38 (+5)
    Lab 30 (-2)
    LD 5 (nc)
    UKIP 15 (-2)
    Greens 4 (-1)

Clears throat.......CORBYNISM SWEEPING THE NATION....

And I would suspect this is before Ken turning the Labour Party in the new Nazi Party has really registered.

In all seriousness, it is regression to the mean isn't it. After all the poor headline for Cameron and his tax stuff etc, we now back to usual i.e. Corbyn Labour Party a PR disaster.
  • Options
    AnneJGP said:

SeanT said:

I'm in the really stupid position of not knowing which way to vote yet hoping that Leave wins.

It is the finest of reasons.
  • Options
    The referendum poll is hardly newsworthy (nor will any until the campaigns begin in earnest in mid May) but Labour self-immolating a week before the May 5th elections could be highly significant. I doubt Khan is in trouble, but Labour losses elsewhere could suddenly be in the hundreds and that will have its own cumulative ripple effects.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited April 2016
    @oxfordsimon

I cannot see the mechanism for McDonnell to become leader. He would fail to get the parliamentary nomination threshold, and I am not convinced he would win the members vote if he did. He is much better presented than Jezza but that loses him the slightly otherworldly dreamer vote without compensatory gains.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    AnneJGP said:

SeanT said:

Plenty of people are in that quandary. I'm still undecided.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Remain 42 (+3)
    Leave 41% (-2)

But the boost refers to the change, not the lead? A 3% increase is significant in terms of the MoE.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,828
    edited April 2016
    JohnO said:

The referendum poll is hardly newsworthy (nor will any until the campaigns begin in earnest in mid May) but Labour self-immolating a week before the May 5th elections could be highly significant. I doubt Khan is in trouble, but Labour losses elsewhere could suddenly be in the hundreds and that will have its own cumulative ripple effects.

Sounds like Con need to shore up Jezza's position:

Tories For Corbyn?
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,008
    edited April 2016
    Patrick said:

AnneJGP said:

SeanT said:

It is the finest of reasons.
    Cutting off nose to spite face comes to mind!
  • Options
    SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Let us throw the ordure of derision at our silly, lying, ludicrous and now abjectly terrified politicians

No. Let us do better. Let us throw a Leave vote at them. That will crystallise the derision they so deeply deserve.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Let us throw the ordure of derision at our silly, lying, ludicrous and now abjectly terrified politicians

Just how small do you predict the Remain margin will be? 2%? 8%? Larger?
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's an online poll which like all online polls seem to be biased towards Leave. No great change - Remain will still win comfortably by about 10-15 points.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

JohnO said:

Tories For Corbyn?
    Haven't you now become a Jezza fan?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

JohnO said:

Tories For Corbyn?
    Corbyn will survive till 2018...
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,793
    SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Some politicians are on the Leave side. Smelly stuff all round for good measure, or are you prepared to give the Leavers the benefit of the doubt?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

JohnO said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I stand by my long held prediction, 56/44 (or thereabouts) for REMAIN

I'm voting LEAVE but I expect the status quo bias to deliver it for Cameron, just about. I'm just enjoying the now palpable panic and desperation within the Establishment, as they realise they really could lose this - and they really could lose, it all depends on turnout, and no one really knows what that will be.
    I think it will be closer than that, 52% Remain 48% Leave is my guess
  • Options

@Patrick said "It is the finest of reasons."

@OldKingCole said "Cutting off nose to spite face comes to mind!"

I agree with both of you.
  • Options

@oxfordsimon

I cannot see the mechanism for McDonnell to become leader. He would fail to get the parliamentary nomination threshold, and I am not convinced he would win the members vote if he did. He is much better presented than Jezza but that loses him the slightly otherworldly dreamer vote without compensatory gains.

McDonnell is the only alternative to Corbyn who could win the members' vote at the moment or is sufficiently leftwing enough not to infuriate them, just as Howard was the only viable alternative to IDS
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    SeanT said:

It's a relatively good poll for Remain. This week, five polls have shown a swing to Leave. Now, one shows a swing to Remain.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,793
    Lisa Nandy....

She's the favourite to replace Corbyn, and he's massively odds on to be gone before the GE.

Not sure I agree, but not sure I want to commit the Omnium funds otherwise.

Omnium funds have however slightly moved towards leave tonight.

I still don't know how I'll vote mind you!

• Options
    edited April 2016

HYUFD said:

Howard had served in three different Cabinet roles - including the Home Office. McDonnell has nothing even close to that on his CV. There is no equivalence between their careers at all.

And there is no equivalence at all between policies such as the Community Charge and Section 28 and McDonnell's relationship with those who use terror as a weapon on the streets of Britain and beyond.

And I am very far from being a right wing anything. I have never been a member of any party and have a mixed voting record.
    McDonnell has been an MP for almost 20 years, Howard had been an MP for 22 years when he became leader, in any case whether they were in the Cabinet a decade ago was irrelevant it was whether they were a prominent Shadow Cabinet figure when the leader was replaced that was key, Howard was, McDonnell is.

I am afraid you are once again speaking as a rightwinger (regardless of what you say I cannot see you voting for Labour and certainly not non-Blair Labour) leftwingers would equate Section 28 and negative teaching of homosexuality in schools and the poll tax with an association with 'terrorists' who have now been welcomed to No 10 and met the Queen
  • Options
    SeanT said:

JohnO said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I stand by my long held prediction, 56/44 (or thereabouts) for REMAIN

I'm voting LEAVE but I expect the status quo bias to deliver it for Cameron, just about. I'm just enjoying the now palpable panic and desperation within the Establishment, as they realise they really could lose this - and they really could lose, it all depends on turnout, and no one really knows what that will be.
    Eek, that would be roughly my prediction too....but I don't quite detect the blind panic, at least not yet, that you discern. But then I move in less exalted circles.

We've just completed a mammouth 6 hour final canvass (been out almost every day for the last 3 weeks) for the locals. Leafy Surrey area but far from hideously opulent. Perhaps 10 or so people have raised the referendum spontaneously on the doorste, and almost all were Leavers. But today, two raised the subject: one an ex teacher, Cons, strong remain; the other WWC (no party allegiance) who I was convinced would be an implacible out man, but no, he said on balance, not sure about the risk, and would vote In. Interesting.

• Options

@oxfordsimon

The mechanics of Corbyn stepping down and a leadership election are worth several posts on their own.

1. Will he stand down without a clear successor such as McDonnell being in place to succeed?
    2. Will the PLP have the guts and discipline to keep that successor or equally unelectable hard lefty off the ballot of the members?
    3. Will someone vaguely acceptable to the general public end up on the ballot?
    4. Will the collective voice of the membership prioritise the gaining of power and electability over ideological purity, after a decade of opposition?
    BUT
    Will Corbyn change the rules at Conference, perhaps to allow members a part in the nomination process, designed to prevent (2) happening?
  • Options
    I've just had an email from "Stronger in Europe" urging me to send an e-card to my grandmother(s) to urge them to vote Remain.

One of my grandmothers died in 1937, the other in 1988.

It's nearly as bad as Goldsmith's Tamil campaign!
  • Options

I've just had an email from "Stronger in Europe" urging me to send an e-card to my grandmother(s) to urge them to vote Remain.

Do you think they maintain a database of those with grandmothers, and they made a mistake, or they just sent out a generic email in the hope that some would?
  • Options

Apparently Goldsmith's had another feck up today.

He was saying he was a big fan of Bollywood films, he was then asked which was his favourite Bollywood film, awkward silence.

What a tool, he should have said 'Sholay', the finest Bollywood film ever made.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Do you think they maintain a database of those with grandmothers, and they made a mistake, or they just sent out a generic email in the hope that some would?
    I think it's just an assumption that no-one who subscribes to Stronger In DOESN'T have living grandparents.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

@oxfordsimon

The mechanics of Corbyn stepping down and a leadership election are worth several posts on their own.

1. Will he stand down without a clear successor such as McDonnell being in place to succeed?
    2. Will the PLP have the guts and discipline to keep that successor or equally unelectable hard lefty off the ballot of the members?
    4. Will the collective voice of the membership prioritise the gaining of power and electability over ideological purity, after a decade of opposition?
    BUT
    Will Corbyn change the rules at Conference, perhaps to allow members a part in the nomination process, designed to prevent (2) happening?
    It will take an election defeat for the members to pick someone electable like Chuka Umunna just as it took an election defeat for Tory members to pick Cameron. Labour members made their choice last year, they want a leftwinger to lead them in 2020 and only a high-profile leftwinger like McDonnell can realistically replace Corbyn just as Tory members made clear in 2001 they wanted a rightwinger to lead them in 2005 and only a high profile rightwinger like Howard could replace IDS
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,329
    If Leave could just manage 2 vaguely competent days in a row without some idiot saying something stupid who knows what could happen? We probably never will because I fear it will not happen.

But hope is not yet extinguished. Result.
  • Options

He was saying he was a big fan of Bollywood films, he was then asked which was his favourite Bollywood film, awkward silence.

Cringeworthy... those kind of questions can only bite you in the bum if you aren't honest.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's an online poll which like all online polls seem to be biased towards Leave. No great change - Remain will still win comfortably by about 10-15 points.
    How do you get from a 1% lead in the polls to 10-15 points?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

McDonnell has been an MP for almost 20 years, Howard had been an MP for 22 years when he became leader, in any case whether they were in the Cabinet a decade ago was irrelevant it was whether they were a prominent Shadow Cabinet figure when the leader was replaced that was key, Howard was, McDonnell is.

I am afraid you are once again speaking as a rightwinger (regardless of what you say I cannot see you voting for Labour and certainly not non-Blair Labour) leftwingers would equate Section 28 and negative teaching of homosexuality in schools and the poll tax with an association with 'terrorists' who have now been welcomed to No 10 and met the Queen
    Left wingers might see moral equivalence. The average voter won't.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    edited April 2016
    Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Where's the evidence? I like evidence before betting.
    PB is a certain kind of echo chamber that tolerates some very odd rhetoric at times. It doesn't count.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Because there are polls that show Remain with much more substantiate leads than 1%
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

This is why The Tories are hoping McDonnell replace Corbyn, he's a different level of unelectability to Corbyn

https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/669998484490162176
  • Options

AndyJS said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Because there are polls that show Remain with much more substantiate leads than 1%
    But, that means discounting the polls that tell you a message you don't want to hear. Which must be unwise.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

The average voter also rejected Howard in 2005, I never said McDonnell was an election winner, just he could be Howard to Corbyn's IDS!
  • Options
    EPG said:

Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

PB is a certain kind of echo chamber that tolerates some very odd rhetoric at times. It doesn't count.

Just my judgement that supporting the IRA is not a popular position with the British public. Feel free to disagree.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

But, that means discounting the polls that tell you a message you don't want to hear. Which must be unwise.
    Nah, it means looking at polls as a whole, and looking at the underlying patterns.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

Ghajini is the only watchable Bollywood film I have ever come across.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Cringeworthy... those kind of questions can only bite you in the bum if you aren't honest.
    He's not in the news. Don't worry. It's the Ken and jezza show
  • Options
    You do have to wonder that the recover in the Opinium poll in the conservative vote (38) +5 and labour down to 30 is a general perception that chaos reigns and that the conservatives are the safe haven, notwithstanding the referendum. Indeed the way the referendum is going I would expect a big move to vote for no change (remain) much nearer the time due to the chaotic nature of today's politics. I assume this poll was before Livingstone shredded labour
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Nah, it means looking at polls as a whole, and looking at the underlying patterns.
    That worked so well this time last year, didn't it?
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

EPG said:

Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

Just my judgement that supporting the IRA is not a popular position with the British public. Feel free to disagree.

One problem for the Left is that the vast majority of the British Press is well over to the right. Listening to people, the situation is more nuanced.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

snipped

snipped
    snipped
    This is why The Tories are hoping McDonnell replace Corbyn, he's a different level of unelectability to Corbyn

snipped
    The Tories may be hoping that, I am not. I am much more afraid of of Mr McDonnell than I am of Mr Corbyn. He is in a different class and I wouldn't be too sure about his unelectability. Much more dangerous than Mr Corbyn.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

That worked so well this time last year, didn't it?
    Which is something I'm covering in the morning thread and possibly the afternoon thread too.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Polls =huge truckload of salt.

10-15% margin - Gut feeling.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

On that basis, Remain have a narrow lead.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Plus 17 percent undecided. Who will vote Remain.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Nicola
  • Options
    Alistair said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Or Leave.

Or not vote.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Undecideds are mostly won't votes.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Don't know means Satus Quo.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I will say Leave do have some people who are going out of their way to ensure Remain wins, which is good for Remain.

Yes I'm looking at you Arron Banks.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Sandpit said:

@oxfordsimon

BUT
    It will take an election defeat for the members to pick someone electable like Chuka Umunna just as it took an election defeat for Tory members to pick Cameron. Labour members made their choice last year, they want a leftwinger to lead them in 2020 and only a high-profile leftwinger like McDonnell can realistically replace Corbyn just as Tory members made clear in 2001 they wanted a rightwinger to lead them in 2005 and only a high profile rightwinger like Howard could replace IDS
    But Umunna might have won last time had he simply had the spheroids to stand and where would Labour be now with him as leader? In a word ..... ahead.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I will say Leave do have some people who are going out of their way to ensure Remain wins, which is good for Remain.

Arron Banks is indeed a liability. But, the reverse is also true.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Most will probably default to remain
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,345

Sean_F said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

How do you know?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Don't know means Status Quo.

"Status Quo" .... who'd thought a bunch of aged rockers holds the key to membership of the EU ...

LEAVE = Down Down Deeper and Down ?!?

• Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Arron Banks is indeed a liability. But, the reverse is also true.
    Since Lord Rose made his gaffe, Remain have locked him in a cupboard.

No one on Leave has done the same re Arron Banks.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, that REMAINs to be seen. Since this is all speculation with zero evidence either way, maybe we should LEAVE it there.
  • Options

Mother India... Pather Panchali perhaps.
  • Options

Not sure you can call Pather Panchali a Bollywood film.
  • Options

Or Lee Scott's Tamil campaign - he sent us a load of stuff in Tamil a year ago, but we don't speak Tamil!
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

JohnO said:

Tories For Corbyn?
    Don't Unseat Jeremy Corbyn Association
  • Options
    Corbyn won't lead us into the General Election - I doubt that anyone bar the most hardened left nutter thinks he's remotely interested in doing so. He has a political perspective of course but even Corbyn doesn't think Corbyn is the right person to lead it - that's why him becoming get candidate was because it was his turn rather than because he thought it was right.

However, the battle for the soul of the party is heating up. The more that Continuity New Labour scream and thrash about, the more Corbyn will dig in. Remember - CNL is unelectable. Defeated in 2010. Gutted Milliband's leadership to pull us right and defeated in 2015. They think Blair is The Messiah (all kneel and pay him) and that all we need isome to reset the clock back to 2005 and we win. We won't.

So who succeeds Corbyn is the question. He will endorse a candidate I'm sure of that. McDonnell is popular but similarly divisive. Now that CNL are touting the likes of Dan Jorvik that means we should like to Lisa Nandy or Keir Starmer as options.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

I got Theresa May!

Where are the paupers to kick and at what time do the servants serve the roast baby?

I got Theresa May also. When I put in my opposite opinions, I got Douglas Carswell.

I like both of them. But which one's better? There's only one way to find out....

FIIIIGGGHHHT!
  • Options

Corbyn won't lead us into the General Election - I doubt that anyone bar the most hardened left nutter thinks he's remotely interested in doing so. He has a political perspective of course but even Corbyn doesn't think Corbyn is the right person to lead it - that's why him becoming get candidate was because it was his turn rather than because he thought it was right.

However, the battle for the soul of the party is heating up. The more that Continuity New Labour scream and thrash about, the more Corbyn will dig in. Remember - CNL is unelectable. Defeated in 2010. Gutted Milliband's leadership to pull us right and defeated in 2015. They think Blair is The Messiah (all kneel and pay him) and that all we need isome to reset the clock back to 2005 and we win. We won't.

So who succeeds Corbyn is the question. He will endorse a candidate I'm sure of that. McDonnell is popular but similarly divisive. Now that CNL are touting the likes of Dan Jorvik that means we should like to Lisa Nandy or Keir Starmer as options.

Neither Nandy or Starmer have a big enough profile to take over midterm
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Sandpit said:

@oxfordsimon

BUT
    But Umunna might have won last time had he simply had the spheroids to stand and where would Labour be now with him as leader? In a word ..... ahead.
    Indeed another five years and another general election loss later and he should be ready as should Labour
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, that REMAINs to be seen. Since this is all speculation with zero evidence either way, maybe we should LEAVE it there.
    Not sure it is speculation. I have read on several occasions that the default position in any referendum is usually no change, ie remain
  • Options

"[The Apu Trilogy] are today frequently listed among the greatest films of all time and are often cited as the greatest movies in the history of Indian cinema.[5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apu_Trilogy
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    HYUFD said:

Starmer could be an interesting choice. He is as close as Labour have to a clean skin, has valuable experience outside the political machine. Looks Prime Ministerial and politically moderate. 14/1 might have some value?

Nandy is way too lightweight and very young at 36. Maybe in 10 years' time.
  • Options
    Oh God, there's video footage

Zac: I'm a big fan of Bollywood films

Reporter: What's your favourite Bollywood film/actor

Zac: Errrr Errr, silence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vViUKsJ42ZM
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Starmer could be an interesting choice. He is as close as Labour have to a clean skin, has valuable experience outside the political machine. 14/1 might have some value?

Starmer needs a big Shadow Cabinet job first
  • Options

"[The Apu Trilogy] are today frequently listed among the greatest films of all time and are often cited as the greatest movies in the history of Indian cinema.[5]"

Indian Cinema doesn't automatically mean Bollywood
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Not sure it is speculation. I have read on several occasions that the default position in any referendum is usually no change, ie remain
    Gay marriage referendum in Ireland?
  • Options

Indian Cinema doesn't automatically mean Bollywood
    Bollywood is a short-hand for Indian Cinema.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Dixie said:

If Tories have 8 point lead across GB, the lead in England will be more, say 11. Blues are 8 to 13% behind in London typically. I wonder what the figures are in London. Tories behind 5% at most? Labour fear a low turn out too.

GE 2015 was a 7% lead across GB and London was a 8.8% Lab lead.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

ONE POINT

ONE FUCKING POINT AHEAD

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, but most referendums have a status quo option.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Starmer could be an interesting choice. He is as close as Labour have to a clean skin, has valuable experience outside the political machine. 14/1 might have some value?

Starmer needs a big Shadow Cabinet job first
    Normally I would agree with you. But these aren't normal times.
    The only other contender with major experience would be Tom Watson. As elected deputy Corbyn can't fire him either.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,820

Dixie said:

GE 2015 was a 7% lead across GB and London was a 8.8% Lab lead.
    Probably even higher now? London loves it some Corbyn.
This discussion has been closed.