Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 11,687
edited April 2016 in General

imageUndefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    First.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    Second ... damn Discussion ID
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited April 2016
    McAngus doubly unintelligible thanks to his barbaric accent and the poor audio. Migrainous.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    edited April 2016
    Nick Cohen's excellent dissection - read the whole thing http://www.standpointmag.co.uk/node/6463/full
    A further difficulty is everywhere evident but hardly ever discussed. There is a distinction between believing in the value of anti-racism, say, or women’s rights, and defending a marginalised group regardless of what those who purport to speak for it say or do. Bertrand Russell’s “fallacy of the superior virtue of the oppressed” floors you if you cannot grasp it.

What if the oppressed are not virtuous? What if a favoured group is the victim of racism one moment but sexist and homophobic the next? What if the rainbow coalition isn’t a coalition at all, but a collection of people of wildly different interests? What happens, in other words, when the colours of the rainbow clash? The refusal to stick to principle and be against racism whoever the racist is, or be in favour of women’s rights regardless of whether the woman is white, brown or black, accounts for the hysteria on today’s middle-class Left. Feminists are banned as “whorephobes” or “transphobes”. Liberal Asians are derided as “house Muslims” and “native informants”. Jews are baited as “Zios”. Gay men are told they no longer suffer from the right kind of oppression.
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    @DavidHerdson Excellent article heading the previous thread, David - many thanks.

Thanks also to PBers for the many interesting & thoughtful comments in response to the article. I'm still wading my way through them.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Mr McDonnell, sitting alongside Mr Corbyn Labour's front-bench, could be seen nodding along as Mr Cameron spoke. For Labour insiders the brief moment has potentially huge significance. They view it as the "opening salvo" by Mr McDonnell in his bid to eventually succeed Mr Corbyn if Labour MPs attempt a coup.

One insider said: "The moment he said that anyone expressing anti-Semitic views is 'out, out, out', he set an impossibly high bar because he knows that instant expulsion is just not the way the Labour Party works. More importantly, he put a target on Jeremy's back. Who has said the most things over the years that could be interpreted by some as anti-Semitic in sentiment? Jeremy. And John knows this."
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/29/the-growing-rift-between-jeremy-corbyn-and-john-mcdonnell/
  • Options

Nick Cohen's excellent dissection - read the whole thing http://www.standpointmag.co.uk/node/6463/full

A further difficulty is everywhere evident but hardly ever discussed. There is a distinction between believing in the value of anti-racism, say, or women’s rights, and defending a marginalised group regardless of what those who purport to speak for it say or do. Bertrand Russell’s “fallacy of the superior virtue of the oppressed” floors you if you cannot grasp it.

What if the oppressed are not virtuous? What if a favoured group is the victim of racism one moment but sexist and homophobic the next? What if the rainbow coalition isn’t a coalition at all, but a collection of people of wildly different interests? What happens, in other words, when the colours of the rainbow clash? The refusal to stick to principle and be against racism whoever the racist is, or be in favour of women’s rights regardless of whether the woman is white, brown or black, accounts for the hysteria on today’s middle-class Left. Feminists are banned as “whorephobes” or “transphobes”. Liberal Asians are derided as “house Muslims” and “native informants”. Jews are baited as “Zios”. Gay men are told they no longer suffer from the right kind of oppression.
    Should we not expect oppression to lead to the oppressed behaving worse than if they were not oppressed?

• Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    PEDLEYS GLASS EYE THO....

What does the parliament do...it bangs desks.
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    edited April 2016

Should we not expect oppression to lead to the oppressed behaving worse than if they were not oppressed?

Expect? No. Think Mandela.
    Understand? Perhaps.
    Condone? Never.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

Expect? No. Think Mandela.
    Understand? Perhaps.
    Condone? Never.
    Mandela was a saint.

Do you have to be saintly because I oppress you?

• Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898
    McBride on his return from holiday: "Morning guys. So, how did it all go last week..?"
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,308
    Labour in Scotland are in a very bad place. For so long they were the establishment here with Labour placemen ensuring that the establishment remained on message. They don't seem to be particularly left wing (1% on IT is about as radical as it gets these days) and far too often finds itself agreeing with the centralising, bureaucratic tendencies of the SNP. People are struggling to find a reason to vote for them instead of the SNP other than some deep rooted habit with the older generation.

The Tories are gaining from this but this should not be overstated. Their appeal is indeed "niche" as Keiran says and there is frankly no conceivable scenario where they form the largest party, let alone the government.

The Scottish Lib Dems are dead. Not worth more words.

So the SNP is left in a one party state situation almost by default. Ruth Davidson is campaigning to be a strong opposition. It is realistic and quite effective pointing out the deficiencies of the Labour opposition over the last 5 years. But how long can this go on? When will it stop? Not in 2016, that is for sure.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    Good afternoon, everyone. Slightly larger gap than expected between Hamilton and Rosberg in qualifying.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,703
    Sandpit said:

McBride on his return from holiday: "Morning guys. So, how did it all go last week..?"

Or....'Morning guys! Bit of a hang over....nothing much on, is there?'
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

HYUFD said:

'Indeed, I think John Mcdonnell could be Labour's Michael Howard to Corbyn's IDS, from the same wing of the party, both Shadow Chancellor but both more media savvy, intelligent and heavy hitting. Howard did not win but he did ensure the Tories made modest progress in 2005 to set up their future recovery.'

Howard achieved a 3% swing and gained over 30 seats in 2005. If Mcdonnell were to manage that he would make it to No 10!
  • Options
    Let’s imagine for just a moment that a small but vocal section of the left was consumed with hatred for one faraway country: barely an hour could pass without them condemning it, not just for this or for that policy, but for its very existence, for the manner of its birth, for what it represented.

And now let’s imagine that this country was the only place in the world where the majority of the population, and most of the government, were black.
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/29/left-jews-labour-antisemitism-jewish-identity?CMP=share_btn_tw
  • Options

Good afternoon, everyone. Slightly larger gap than expected between Hamilton and Rosberg in qualifying.

Indeed. Should be another good race tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Mr. Sandpit, vielleicht. Not a fan of the Sochi circuit, to be honest.

Edited extra bit: that said, every race so far has been good.
  • Options
    Line was a bit croaky, but Kate Devlin made some interesting points.

Is there going to be a podcast special after the elections/referendum?
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

'Indeed, I think John Mcdonnell could be Labour's Michael Howard to Corbyn's IDS, from the same wing of the party, both Shadow Chancellor but both more media savvy, intelligent and heavy hitting. Howard did not win but he did ensure the Tories made modest progress in 2005 to set up their future recovery.'

Howard achieved a 3% swing and gained over 30 seats in 2005. If Mcdonnell were to manage that he would make it to No 10!

McDonnell is no Howard.

Howard might have had something about the night about him. McDonnell has something about the IRA about him.

And I think we all know how the British would react to having a terrorist apologist as a potential PM candidate.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

Good afternoon all.

Yes Nick Cohen has this bang on to rights, and not because he was born a Jew:

"......Yet it was still profoundly alarming. There is a large block of around a million British citizens with a profoundly illiberal interpretation of Islam which treats basic human rights with scorn. You can tick them off the checklist. About one in three British Muslims think it acceptable to have more than one wife. A little more, 39 per cent, think that wives should always obey their husbands — compared with just 5 per cent of the rest of the population. As for gay rights, only one in five Muslims thinks that homosexuality should be legal compared to four in five members of the wider public. As for racism, 35 per cent of British Muslims think Jews have too much power compared to 9 per cent non-Muslims.

Respect for freedom of speech was hard to find: 87 per cent say that there should be no right to make fun of the Prophet. And 4 per cent favoured outright violence."
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,003
    edited April 2016
    MikeK said:

"......Yet it was still profoundly alarming. There is a large block of around a million British citizens with a profoundly illiberal interpretation of Islam which treats basic human rights with scorn. You can tick them off the checklist. About one in three British Muslims think it acceptable to have more than one wife. A little more, 39 per cent, think that wives should always obey their husbands — compared with just 5 per cent of the rest of the population. As for gay rights, only one in five Muslims thinks that homosexuality should be legal compared to four in five members of the wider public. As for racism, 35 per cent of British Muslims think Jews have too much power compared to 9 per cent non-Muslims.

Respect for freedom of speech was hard to find: 87 per cent say that there should be no right to make fun of the Prophet. And 4 per cent favoured outright violence."

I'm not sure what's wrong with a man having more than one wife. (Or a wife having more than one husband.)

Of course, sometimes I think even one wife is too many.
  • Options
    Jason Farrell
    Just asked Ken Livingstone what point he was trying to make by bringing up Hitler - He tells me, "I can't remember."
  • Options
    Goodness me, it seems like so long ago that SeanT was railing against Israel as "an apartheid" state...
  • Options
    Floater said:
    It is going to take more than that to stick to Teflon Khan at the moment. His constant protestations about any attack on him and his friends being racist is working as a shield. Sadly.
  • Options
    Floater said:
    Why does one get the feeling that Guido has something seriously juicy on Khan that's been sold to one of the Sundays for maximum exposure?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Floater said:
    It is going to take more than that to stick to Teflon Khan at the moment. His constant protestations about any attack on him and his friends being racist is working as a shield. Sadly.
    The Tories would have burning crosses outside their homes if they'd 1% of this shit on their shoes.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Floater said:
    Why does one get the feeling that Guido has something seriously juicy on Khan that's been sold to one of the Sundays for maximum exposure?
    He should have got that out last weekend - given the number of postal votes that have been arranged, you need to get your attacks in early. Particularly when those postal votes have been arranged by heads of family....
  • Options

Floater said:
    The Tories would have burning crosses outside their homes if they'd 1% of this shit on their shoes.
    Such is the hypocrisy of the Left.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    edited April 2016
    rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

I'm not sure what's wrong with a man having more than one wife. (Or a wife having more than one husband.)

I have utmost respect for polygamists.

I struggle to manage just one wife! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited April 2016
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Since most of the Liberal Elite think that marriage is passe´anyway I don't think you have to worry too much. I'm to lazy to look it up but a good percentage of the UK population are now hitching up without the aid of priests.
  • Options
    Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

I have a colleague who was in an unhappy marriage. The subject of gay marriage cam up, and he uttered the words:

"Marriage is shit, I don't see why gay people should be exempt."
  • Options
    Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Have you moved into NW8?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Goodness me, it seems like so long ago that SeanT was railing against Israel as "an apartheid" state...

Erm,

In Sean's defence I seem to remember having a fairly heated argument with him about Israel and the use of white phosphorous weapons at the time - but he has only ever moaned about the state of Israel and its policies. Not even the slightest whiff of anything negative towards the Israeli people or Jews in general. So I think you're shitstirring a bit there Robert.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Since most of the Liberal Elite think that marriage is passe´anyway I don't think you have to worry too much. I'm to lazy to look it up but a good percentage of the UK population are now hitching up without the aid of priests.
    I'm not sure there's that much a correlation between "member of the Liberal Elite" and "hitched up without the aid of priests".
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Have you moved into NW8?
    2 days ago. Traumatised by living outside Zone 1 for the first time in my life...
  • Options
    Patrick said:

rcs1000 said:

Erm,

In Sean's defence I seem to remember having a fairly heated argument with him about Israel and the use of white phosphorous weapons at the time - but he has only ever moaned about the state of Israel and its policies. Not even the slightest whiff of anything negative towards the Israeli people or Jews in general. So I think you're shitstirring a bit there Robert.
    I am indeed. Things have been a little too quiet here for my liking, and tweaking Sean's tail is usually an excellent way of livening things up.
  • Options
    Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Have you moved into NW8?
    2 days ago. Traumatised by living outside Zone 1 for the first time in my life...
    Don't worry, you'll get used to it. The accents will take a while for you to understand, and people talk a bit slower, but eventually you'll adjust to country life.

(As an aside, there's an excellent playground just opposite Lord's that we should definitely meet at.)
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

I once had a boss who, when he retired, went off to live with his other "wife" that no one knew about. Turned out that for twenty years he had maintained two households just ten miles apart with a wife and children at each without anyone, including either family, knowing or even suspecting. How he managed it and how he afforded it remains a mystery. Though for me the biggest mystery is why he bothered.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Sndpit...The postal votes..as you describe them..will not make any difference..they would still vote for Khan..
  • Options

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

I once had a boss who, when he retired, went off to live with his other "wife" that no one knew about. Turned out that for twenty years he had maintained two households just ten miles apart with a wife and children at each without anyone, including either family, knowing or even suspecting. How he managed it and how he afforded it remains a mystery. Though for me the biggest mystery is why he bothered.
    Every day he must have lived in terror of being caught. And all for what?
  • Options
    Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Have you moved into NW8?
    Oh you poor thing. In commiserating with you, tears are starting to form in my eyes.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Have you moved into NW8?
    Don't worry, you'll get used to it. The accents will take a while for you to understand, and people talk a bit slower, but eventually you'll adjust to country life.

(As an aside, there's an excellent playground just opposite Lord's that we should definitely meet at.)
    The yokels locals all seem very nice, though.

Lord's playground sounds like a good idea. Give me a week or so for the dust to settle...
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Have you moved into NW8?
    Oh you poor thing. In commiserating with you, tears are starting to form in my eyes.
    The "..." was supposed to indict an amusing aside.

But I guess you took it seriously.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    McTernan just been live on News 24...OMG.....Pouring petrol on the fire doesn't come close to what he was saying.

Corbyn..IRA...Hamas....Anti-Israel....Ultra-Left...no place in mainstream politics...
  • Options
    Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Have you moved into NW8?

Lord's playground sounds like a good idea. Give me a week or so for the dust to settle...
    Of course, for those of us that live in deepest darkest Zone 2, coming in as far as Lords is an adventure in itself...
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    "Look David, it's a well-documented fact that there were Zionists serving with the Waffen SS. They wanted Jews to leave Poland, Russia, the Ukraine, and go and live in Palestine. So, they put pressure on them to emigrate from those countries to Palestine."
  • Options
    Mr. Charles, entirely possible Mr. K was just being silly...

It's easy for sarcasm, irony and so forth to go missing over the internet.
  • Options

McTernan just been live on News 24...OMG.....Pouring petrol on the fire doesn't come close to what he was saying.

Corbyn..IRA...Hamas....Anti-Israel....Ultra-Left...no place in mainstream politics...

Can't you see that this is just a conspiracy to bring down Corbyn? It is just so obvious.

None of this is the fault of the virtuous Jeremy or Ken. They are the victims.
  • Options
    Hampstead High Street today had three lots of leafleters:

- Conservatives pushing Zac
    - Labour pushing Khan
    - and a bunch of bearded men with Better In leaflets

I didn't tell the latter bunch that they are more likely to find bearded ladies than people eligible to vote in the referendum on Hampstead High Street*.

* That's mostly because they are Americans rather than because they are EU immigrants.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
  • Options

Can't you see that this is just a conspiracy to bring down Corbyn? It is just so obvious.

That is what my twitter time line tells me.

The thing is if Jahadi Jez staggers on, imagine what the incoming will be like if members of your own party are saying this kind of stuff.

Labour need to get rid ASAP
  • Options
    33% don't know what anti-semitic means?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

There was that story in the press recently. Guy in accident, in a coma...Two women turn up at his bedside...and found that he had been running two families for years and years.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Or think that Labour are just Anti-Zionist ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2016

That is what my twitter time line tells me.

The thing is if Jahadi Jez staggers on, imagine what the incoming will be like if members of your own party are saying this kind of stuff.

Labour need to get rid ASAP
    They won't.

It would take Khan losing for it to even be an outside possibility. And I think we are resigned to his victory now.

Given the way Momentum has infected the wider party and the spineless nature of the PLP, Corbyn is there for some time to come.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

They're Ken supporters?
  • Options

Mr. Charles, entirely possible Mr. K was just being silly...

It's easy for sarcasm, irony and so forth to go missing over the internet.

Actually I was just playing along with Charles' banter, even if it was slightly sarcastically, tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    I don't think I have ever seen a Labour figure attack a member of his own party in such extreme terms. Normally the best you can get is "we are disappointed about the direction of our party". Its normally the Tories that like to give each other a good kick in the bollocks.
  • Options

I don't think I have ever seen a Labour figure attack a member of his own party in such extreme terms. Normally the best you can get is "we are disappointed about the direction of our party". Its normally the Tories that like to give each other a good kick in the bollocks.

His Twitter feed is going to get increasingly violent - judging by what is starting to appear there.
  • Options
  • Options
    KHAN ALLY: “ISRAEL IS A TERRORIST STATE LIKE ISIS”

http://order-order.com/2016/04/30/khan-ally-israel-is-a-terrorist-state-like-isis/
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Have you moved into NW8?

Of course, for those of us that live in deepest darkest Zone 2, coming in as far as Lords is an adventure in itself...
    Technically I am still in Westminster... council tax bill going down when moving to a larger house was a pleasant surprise!
  • Options
    Mr. K, careful, or you'll be sent for re-education.
  • Options

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

I used to work with this guy who eventually got rumbled.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2163298/Andrew-Ingham-hanged-secret-double-life-2-wives-12-children-exposed.html
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,076
    rcs1000 said:
    There's only one thing left for Livingstone to do now. A confessional interview where he admits to some inner turmoil, preferably something with a high identity politics victim rating. It will be titled: "My Struggle"
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

rcs1000 said:
    There's only one thing left for Livingstone to do now. A confessional interview where he admits to some inner turmoil, preferably something with a high identity politics victim rating. It will be titled: "My Struggle"
    Didn't Ken compare himself to a rape victim yesterday?
  • Options
    Dianne Abbot has to be worried. She must have about a million race, religion and prejudice skeletons in the cupboard. Guido probably has a big file. Didn't she once say black mothers love their kids alot more than white mothers?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

I'm not sure there's that much a correlation between "member of the Liberal Elite" and "hitched up without the aid of priests".
    I suspect that the main reason many people do not get married is to avoid giving official status to the mother-in-law.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:
    That is certainly one way of interpreting his remarks... (the only way, I would argue!)
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 1,614
    MikeK said:
    And there you have it in a nutshell. The Left's utterly perverse fixation with identity politics instead of ability and character. What was it Martin Luther King said?

'I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character.'

The Left believe people should be judged by the colour of their skin, not their character.
  • Options
    Patrick said:

Dianne Abbot has to be worried. She must have about a million race, religion and prejudice skeletons in the cupboard. Guido probably has a big file. Didn't she once say black mothers love their kids alot more than white mothers?

Black people can't be racist - don't you know that? They are all oppressed - and we all know that the oppressed can do no wrong.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:
    Yup.
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Have you moved into NW8?

And don't forget to take a selfie at the Beatles' Abbey Road crossing.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Floater said:
    He should have got that out last weekend - given the number of postal votes that have been arranged, you need to get your attacks in early. Particularly when those postal votes have been arranged by heads of family....
    The, umm, organised postal votes, they're for Khan anyway. Those that will swing (or just not turn up) are the WWC Lab voters. A low turnout could still swing it, 11/1 on Zac still might have a little value to anyone who missed the 16/1 the other day.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

I suspect that the main reason many people do not get married is to avoid giving official status to the mother-in-law.
    Ha. I managed to avoid MiL problems by finding one who doesn't speak English ;)
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:
    I think he compared himself to the rape accused, actually.
  • Options
    I have said before on PB that I have myself reached 'Peak Muslim'. Islam has been on display in recent years and it seems there's nothing to like or respect. I said I thought many others were nearly there too. In the UK we've had a shitstorm which has a strong element of Muslim driven hatred and intolerance in the engine room. I note that the AfD in Germany has just announced an overtly anti-Islam manifesto (outright banning of veils, minarets, calls to prayer and the rest). I think the rest of the world has just about had enough too. Watch this space. If the Donald gets elected the space will accelerate. The MSM / SJW crowd will say this is a historic tragedy. Polling will suggest Joe Blow is very happy with it.
  • Options

Mr. K, careful, or you'll be sent for re-education.

Just spotted this. :D
  • Options
    I got Michael Gove, who are you?

https://www.riddle.com/a/63174?result=MQ
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,259
    Sean_F said:

"Look David, it's a well-documented fact that there were Zionists serving with the Waffen SS. They wanted Jews to leave Poland, Russia, the Ukraine, and go and live in Palestine. So, they put pressure on them to emigrate from those countries to Palestine."
    The evidence from academic historians that Ken is completely wrong on his views of Zionism and Nazi are best summed up by these introductory paragraphs by Francis Nicosia, author of Zionism and Anti-Semitism in Nazi Germany (Cambridge Uni Press) (page 2-3):

"...lest the reader imagine that the purpose of a study such as this is to somehow equate Zionism and National Socialism, Zionists with Nazis, or to portray that relationship as a willing and collaborative one between moral and political equals. The research, analysis, and conclusions contained in these pages do not in any way support such notions.

The existence of certain common assumptions on the part of Zionists on the one hand, and nationalist and anti-Semitic Germans on the the other, does not in any way connote moral and/or political equivalence. Rather they demonstrate the… political realities of the times.”
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

What's the word for having just one wife? Ah, yes ... monotony!
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Floater said:
    Yep, the hypocrisy of it is sickening.
  • Options
    Why the hell does she stay in such a party?
    https://twitter.com/IsraelNewsNow/status/726437497694085121
  • Options

rcs1000 said:
    If it's really popular, it would get translated into lots of languages, French, German, etc

:lol:
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,076

rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

What's the word for having just one wife? Ah, yes ... monotony!
    Solid monogamy went out of fashion years ago. You just need a veneer of monogamy.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    I think it is safe to conclude that Labour are now a racist party. Sadly there does not seem to be a sensible left-wing alternative.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

https://twitter.com/IsraelNewsNow/status/726437497694085121

The abuse does not necessarily have to come from Labour supporters - but wherever it came from, it is not nice for her and her family.

What we really need is to ensure that our political and civic society is a religion-free zone. But that won't happen.
  • Options

I got Michael Gove, who are you?

https://www.riddle.com/a/63174?result=MQ

I got Gove too! :)
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Closing time is when men with wives to go back to, and men with no wives to go back to, start feeling sorry for each other.

Of course the number of wives/ husband (or vice versa) depends on the society. If you live in a society where regularly your fittest and most virile men get killed then there obviously must be allowances to keep the population at least stable and preferably growing.

Heinlein wrote "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" where the number of male deportees far exceeded those of female - and the society evolved into a 'troika' 2 men for every woman as being the most common family unit.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

ttps://twitter.com/IsraelNewsNow/status/726437497694085121

If the Lib Dems have any sense they will be courting her and any other Lab MPs who feel more and more disgusted by their party in the past few days weeks months.
This discussion has been closed.