Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Holyrood 2016: the SNP’s hegemony continues

1235»

Comments

• Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737

Pulpstar said:

Looking good for Cruz in Kentucky from that CNN segment.

It would be a fantastic night for Cruz if he takes 3 of the 4.
    Problem is they're all PR, and all but Maine don't even have the WTA clause if the winner gets >50%.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Looking good for Cruz in Kentucky from that CNN segment.

It would be a fantastic night for Cruz if he takes 3 of the 4.
    My Cruz position has doubled in value :)
    Enormous Cruz position as I recall...

It's that 49/1 I "only" put £10 on I regret... not much though, Cruz will still make a very nice contribution to my holiday in the US this summer
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

Well it all seems a long time since I was told by the Conservative supporters on site that the referendum would be conducted in a spirit of amity.

The naivety of some Tories about this whole process has been quite extraordinary.

Some of them apparently believed that Cameron was genuinely undecided about whether the UK should remain in the EU.

Others seemed to be under the impression that the referendum campaign would be some kind of village cricket match in which playing fair was more important than winning.

Unbelievable.
    Remember the old adage, if you can't take it don't dish it out.
  • Options
    NorfolkTilIDieNorfolkTilIDie Posts: 1,268
    surbiton said:

Project Fear now being used by leave with Gove accusing the EU of the rise in fascism, Boris accusing No 10 of colluding with BCC to get Longworth sacked, and the Sunday Express stating that our borders agency will be taken over by the EU in a full on attack on our sovereignty. All this will achieve is the polarisation of those already committed to either side and those of us undecided just despairing and switching off. The whole campaign so far is just off the scale of stupity

That's funny ! Most Fascists in the UK wants to LEAVE.
    I thought a lot of fascists wanted to turn the EU into a brotherhood of white nations against the savages.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Project Fear now being used by leave with Gove accusing the EU of the rise in fascism, Boris accusing No 10 of colluding with BCC to get Longworth sacked, and the Sunday Express stating that our borders agency will be taken over by the EU in a full on attack on our sovereignty. All this will achieve is the polarisation of those already committed to either side and those of us undecided just despairing and switching off. The whole campaign so far is just off the scale of stupity

That's funny ! Most Fascists in the UK wants to LEAVE.
    Do fascists believe in democracy?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,624
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Tim Shipman ‏@ShippersUnbound
    There's nothing civil about the Tory war on Europe tonight. Boris Johnson has accused Downing Street of getting John Longworth axed

For the avoidance of doubt, the total involvement of Cameron/No10 in the suspension of John Longworth is exactly zero.

Is Boris capable of distinguishing between fact and fiction?

Are you Dave Cameron?
    No. I am not Dave Cameron.
    Are you Spartacus, then?
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

There's nothing civil about the Tory war on Europe tonight. Boris Johnson has accused Downing Street of getting John Longworth axed

No facts have gone out of the window since he came out for Leave same as they have done for Gove .
    Yes, but he must know on some level there's no connection. If he's firing off wild accusations...well, what exactly is happening? Was he pissed?
    The first claim about this came from a friend of Longworth. I'm sure No 10 could put it to bed quite easily if they can just come out and say no one from Downing Street ever encouraged it.
  • Options
    Sad news, I was wrong, we're not getting a daily YouGov EUref poll
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    John Kasich leads Donald Trump 33% to 31% in the Michigan Republican presidential primary. Ted Cruz is at 15% and Marco Rubio is at 11%, according to a poll conducted by the American Research Group, who report that the results are surprising because Trump was leading Kasich by 18 points in their survey conducted February 19 and 20.
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/mar/05/trump-clinton-sanders-michigan-maine-primary-caucuses
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Trump up to 1.75, was 1.25 after Tuesday.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

For the avoidance of doubt, the total involvement of Cameron/No10 in the suspension of John Longworth is exactly zero.

And we know this how?
    Because, contrary to his reputation on this board, Cameron is not actually Lex Luthor. The PM's ability to reach across, pause, stroke the red button lovingly and release the laser sharks whilst murmuring "you have failed me for the last time, Longworth" is sadly limited.
    "Apology accepted, Captain Needa!"
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?
    Because, contrary to his reputation on this board, Cameron is not actually Lex Luthor. The PM's ability to reach across, pause, stroke the red button lovingly and release the laser sharks whilst murmuring "you have failed me for the last time, Longworth" is sadly limited.
    David Cameron is Clark Kent/Superman.

A mild man mannered chap on the outside, but a superhero on the inside.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

Gutted :lol:
  • Options
    OchEyeOchEye Posts: 1,469

Well it all seems a long time since I was told by the Conservative supporters on site that the referendum would be conducted in a spirit of amity.

Ah, those halcyon days of yore, when I was abused by the PBtories for even suggesting that change would come to their party. Although to be honest, I didn't expect it to be so soon or so bitter.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?
    Unlike your naivety, which has no limits.

I don't know if No 10 is involved and nor do you.
  • Options
    flightpath01flightpath01 Posts: 4,903

Gove warns the EU has boosted "Hitler worshippers" and says the far right is stronger than at any time since the 1930s because of EU

Seems a rather odd comment - anything to do with EU expansion to former USSR states?
    I think he is referring to the huge anger that EU bananas bend to the left and not the right. This is far more important than stag and hen weekends in Tallinn
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    Pulpstar said:

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/other-politics/us-politics?ev_oc_grp_ids=2285258

Market still open.

Trump doesn't look like a 1-16 shot on tonight's numbers in another closed caucus.

Nice tip! Put a tenner on Cruz.
  • Options
    I love how Cruz gets all breathy at the end of sentences to make him sound more dramatic.
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?

If that's the case when do you expect him to fire Osborne?
  • Options
    flightpath01flightpath01 Posts: 4,903

viewcode said:

No facts have gone out of the window since he came out for Leave same as they have done for Gove .
    The Rubicon is wider than they thought.
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Trump up to 1.75, was 1.25 after Tuesday.

Now 1.82 and still weakening.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,191

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Yes, but he must know on some level there's no connection. If he's firing off wild accusations...well, what exactly is happening? Was he pissed?
    The first claim about this came from a friend of Longworth.
    Well, that's alright then. It must be true if a friend says it

"John, John, he's not worth it mate. Look, look (fuck, I've dropped the kebab) come back to mine, I've got "Hot Fuzz" and some cans. You know who I blame for this? Fuckin Cameron, that's who...yeah, yeah, it's Cameron's fault, thazzit, shit, oh fuck, BLEEURGH...god, that's better. Oh look: carrots..."

• Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,552

viewcode said:

The Rubicon is wider than they thought.
    And the dice are loaded.
  • Options
    Trump needs a good result in Louisiana and something he can ive with in Kentucky
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?
    There seems to be pretty big gap between "ordering an execution" and "absolutely no involvement". Did any aides from No 10 tell BCC members they should suspend him?

It seems unlikely to me because political pressure to get a private sector figure sacked for his political views would be so outrageous. I mean it should be a resigning matter if Cameron was involved in such a thing.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

John Kasich leads Donald Trump 33% to 31% in the Michigan Republican presidential primary. Ted Cruz is at 15% and Marco Rubio is at 11%, according to a poll conducted by the American Research Group, who report that the results are surprising because Trump was leading Kasich by 18 points in their survey conducted February 19 and 20.
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/mar/05/trump-clinton-sanders-michigan-maine-primary-caucuses

If Kasich wins important Michigan, that buys him time to stay in the race.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,336

Oh no what will we talk about every night...AV?
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    Cruz is at 51.2% with 54% counted in Kentucky, if this holds, will it be the first time any of the Republicans of got over 50% anywhere?
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?

No 10 have denied involvement tonight and expressed surprise, but the danger for Boris is that the BCC make a statement that this is an internal BCC matter with no political involvement and seeking an apology from him. He better be sure of his facts
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?

David Cameron = "Hollandaise Sauce slurping surrender-monkey"* :lol:

(* hat-tip Moniker di Canio)
  • Options
    BigRich said:

Cruz is at 51.2% with 54% counted in Kentucky, if this holds, will it be the first time any of the Republicans of got over 50% anywhere?

Well, you mean Kansas, but yes - it would be
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,685
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?
    So in other words you have absolutely no idea. Not sure why you'd make yourself look so stupid as to refute something in such strident terms based on nothing more than your own partiality, but there we go, rock on.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

The first claim about this came from a friend of Longworth.
    Well, that's alright then. It must be true if a friend says it

"John, John, he's not worth it mate. Look, look (fuck, I've dropped the kebab) come back to mine, I've got "Hot Fuzz" and some cans. You know who I blame for this? Fuckin Cameron, that's who...yeah, yeah, it's Cameron's fault, thazzit, shit, oh fuck, BLEEURGH...god, that's better. Oh look: carrots..."

Ok I'm not going to bother with this conversation any more.
  • Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113

PAW said:

But then, outside the EU/EEA we could set up chip fabs here... build our own nuclear power plants... restart ship building by making cruise liners. I don't see anything we need from the EU that we can't make here as we used to do.

But the world has moved on. We can't turn the clock back to what we "used to do". We are in the 2010s not the 1950s.
    The Treaty of Rome dates from the 1950s...
    And the United Kingdom from 1707. Your point is?
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?

I assure you my naivete has limits. Admittedly, they are quite large limits, but they do exist.

But I think I'm capable of distinguishing between fact and fiction. And I'm not sure Boris is.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    Michigan poll has Kasich overtaking both Trump and Cruz (33-31-15).
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    LOL! There are people here - nominally grown-ups, I imagine - who actually think No 10 gets to boss around the British Chambers of Commerce!
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

BigRich said:

Well, you mean Kansas, but yes - it would be
    Yes, sorry bit of state confusion there.
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?

No 10 have denied involvement tonight and expressed surprise, but the danger for Boris is that the BCC make a statement that this is an internal BCC matter with no political involvement and seeking an apology from him. He better be sure of his facts
    I thought the denial so far was a bit ambivalent on what conversations had taken place. If there was any encouragement at all the risk is all on govt side. But let us see how that unfolds.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Roll on Indyref2...
    ONE of the highest profile backers of a yes vote in last years independence referendum says he thinks Scotland should now remain in the UK.

Scots business tycoon Jim McColl was asked whether he still hoped the country moves towards separation despite the result last September and said: “No, the decision’s been made.”
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/pro-independence-supporter-jim-mccoll-tells-5278515#lZFfxdyVkPbFZzik.99

While that's a fun story, I prefer this guy...

AS a fervent supporter of the SNP I travelled the length and breadth of Scotland knocking on doors convincing voters why they should vote for the the new track.

Now I would like to humbly apologise to those same people for the absolute shambles the SNP has created whilst governing Scotland and can thank only God that they lost the Referendum!
    http://www.centralfifetimes.com/opinion/letters/14179707.Former_SNP_supporter_apologises_for_persuading_people_to_support_them/
  • Options

Well, an outside shot but worht £10 @ 25/1 (Hills) I thought
  • Options

Oh no what will we talk about every night...AV?
    If the level of debate continues as present I think I will get a good book and have an early night
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?

If that's the case when do you expect him to fire Osborne?
    Why would he fire Osborne?
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

LOL! There are people here - nominally grown-ups, I imagine - who actually think No 10 gets to boss around the British Chambers of Commerce!

Dr Liam Fox MP Retweeted
    Bernard Jenkin ‏@bernardjenkin
    Bernard Jenkin Retweeted George Parker
    What role of @downingstreet in this? Longworth is deeply honourable and courageous, to put country before his job!

George Parker @GeorgeWParker
    @PickardJE Thanks loyal colleague: your "business chief suspended in Brexit row" scoop not too shabby either http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6e00b97c-e22d-11e5-9217-6ae3733a2cd1.html#axzz421SQIpPj
  • Options

PAW said:

But then, outside the EU/EEA we could set up chip fabs here... build our own nuclear power plants... restart ship building by making cruise liners. I don't see anything we need from the EU that we can't make here as we used to do.

But the world has moved on. We can't turn the clock back to what we "used to do". We are in the 2010s not the 1950s.
    The Treaty of Rome dates from the 1950s...
    And the United Kingdom from 1707. Your point is?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,743
    edited March 2016
    Don't worry PBers, tomorrow afternoon/evening features two excellent threads

One by me, with possibly the most disgusting/amusing analogy in the history of PB and a truly excellent debut guest thread.

Both are on the EU ref
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?
    So in other words you have absolutely no idea. Not sure why you'd make yourself look so stupid as to refute something in such strident terms based on nothing more than your own partiality, but there we go, rock on.
    I thought I was pointing out that Boris's claim that Cameron arranged for the suspension of John Longworth was prima facie ridiculous. I further opined that it was so ridiculous it calls into question Boris's judgment regarding fact and fiction. I'm sympathetic to the accusation that I was rude (cf NorfolkTilIDie's response below) but strident? Not really.
  • Options

Is there a mod we can add to this website to hide all the comments of people who spend half their time mocking others?? I was just suffering it up to now but after Stephen pointed out how tiresome it is its got to me. I wonder if people like flightpath and Nabavi mock people in pub conversations like this.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Is there a mod we can add to this website to hide all the comments of people who spend half their time mocking others?? I was just suffering it up to now but after Stephen pointed out how tiresome it is its got to me. I wonder if people like flightpath and Nabavi mock people in pub conversations like this.
    TBH In the pubs I go to people don't come out with lunatic conspiracy theories.

On politicalbetting.com, moreover, the general idea is to talk some sense about politics and betting.
  • Options

I'd expect an intelligent poster such as yourself to know the difference between official organisational chains of command and being able to bring influence to bear. My boss isn't answerable to Cameron either - doesn't mean a swift call from No. 10 wouldn't get her to do exactly what the PM wanted.
  • Options
    Ok, I fucking hate George Osborne now. He's taking the credit for my Acropolis Now gag, a gag PBers know I've been making for years

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/706253308034473985
  • Options

Yeah, I would quite like an "Ignore" function where you can put certain posters on a list and have all their posts hidden.
  • Options

I'd expect an intelligent poster such as yourself to know the difference between official organisational chains of command and being able to bring influence to bear. My boss isn't answerable to Cameron either - doesn't mean a swift call from No. 10 wouldn't get her to do exactly what the PM wanted.

No influence needed to be brought to bear, even if it could be (which it couldn't). The guy was, quite unambiguously, speaking out against the formally agreed policy of his own organisation
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,552

Ok, I fucking hate George Osborne now. He's taking the credit for my Acropolis Now gag, a gag PBers know I've been making for years

I thought the first person to tell that one was Phidias.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029

How do we know you aren't the master strategist himself? :D
  • Options

//twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/706253308034473985

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acropolis_Now

Acropolis Now was an Australian television sitcom set in a fictional Greek cafe in Melbourne of the same name that ran for 63 episodes from 1989 to 1992 on the Seven Network.
  • Options
    anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?
    I thought I was pointing out that Boris's claim that Cameron arranged for the suspension of John Longworth was prima facie ridiculous. I further opined that it was so ridiculous it calls into question Boris's judgment regarding fact and fiction. I'm sympathetic to the accusation that I was rude (cf NorfolkTilIDie's response below) but strident? Not really.
    Of course No 10 did not arrange for Longworth's suspension - it has no power to do so.

But its view was probably made very plain, in a suitably untraceable way, to the key players.

This is war..........
  • Options

Well, an outside shot but worht £10 @ 25/1 (Hills) I thought
    So near yet so far from making a serious charge I fear. If only he'd had the sponsorship before these primaries started just a few weeks ago. No one says a word against him, yet he's certainly got virtually no chance of progressing
    I hope I'm wrong - I'm several hundred pounds better off should that prove to be be the case.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Danny565 said:

Yeah, I would quite like an "Ignore" function where you can put certain posters on a list and have all their posts hidden.
    There is one, if you download Edmund's excellent widget. I don't use the 'ignore' feature, but I do very much use the feature which allows you to highlight posts by people who frequently post interesting stuff.

I don't have the URL to hand, but maybe someone can point you to it.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?

I assure you my naivete has limits. Admittedly, they are quite large limits, but they do exist.

But I think I'm capable of distinguishing between fact and fiction. And I'm not sure Boris is.
    On the basis of no evidence, no you're not.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

TBH In the pubs I go to people don't come out with lunatic conspiracy theories.

On politicalbetting.com, moreover, the general idea is to talk some sense about politics and betting.
    I don't care about your smug eye-rolling at everyone you see as your intellectual inferiors. I even agree with you on this matter because it would be such an exploitation of political power for any pressure to be put on BCC to sack a private citizen. I just want to block you and all the other partisans that don't have any manners.
  • Options
    RobD said:

How do we know you aren't the master strategist himself? :D
    Osborne is near perfect, whereas I am brilliant and perfect.

Wait until I become an MP, and the gags and song titles I start using in Commons speeches.
  • Options
    On betting matters, I see there's a Cruz bubble forming. About time, if already overdone.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,193
    Danny565 said:

Well there is such a thing. Made by Edmund in Tokyo. Works as a Greasemonkey script in Firefox. But watch out, you could be making your own echo chamber.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,044
    Donald Drift.
  • Options

On betting matters, I see there's a Cruz bubble forming. About time, if already overdone.

He was 70/1 on betfair two weeks ago.

Astonishing.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

No influence needed to be brought to bear, even if it could be (which it couldn't). The guy was, quite unambiguously, speaking out against the formally agreed policy of his own organisation
    "59 per cent of Tory members believe Britain should leave the EU, compared with 21 per cent who believe the country should remain a member."
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Donald Drift.

Meh, Cruz/Trump is just fine...
  • Options
    geoffw said:

Danny565 said:

Well there is such a thing. Made by Edmund in Tokyo. Works as a Greasemonkey script in Firefox. But watch out, you could be making your own echo chamber.
    Does it work on Android??
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029

"59 per cent of Tory members believe Britain should leave the EU, compared with 21 per cent who believe the country should remain a member."
    And the other 20%? Probably believe Britain should run Europe. ;)
  • Options

I don't care about your smug eye-rolling at everyone you see as your intellectual inferiors. I even agree with you on this matter because it would be such an exploitation of political power for any pressure to be put on BCC to sack a private citizen. I just want to block you and all the other partisans that don't have any manners.

Entirely up to you. I just post what I think, and (unlike some I could mention) never question anyone's integrity. If something is stupid, I say so. If it's completely bonkers, I say so. If it's hilariously bonkers, I point out that it's hilariously bonkers. Feel free not to read my comments.
  • Options

Astonishing.
    Yes, that was completely ridiculous, especially in comparison with the Rubio odds. Now it looks like an overreaction in the opposite direction.
  • Options

No he wasn't. The formally agreed policy was that the official organisational line was to remain neutral, but to inform the debate with a variety of business views (that's how the official statement described it). A personal view was expressed - if you can find passages in his statements that allude to it being the official view of the organisation, by all means post them.

'(which it couldn't)' - desperate cobblers. The PM doesn't have a phone? Do us a favour.
  • Options

Do you have a reference to those figures
  • Options

Astonishing.
    Yes, that was completely ridiculous, especially in comparison with the Rubio odds. Now it looks like an overreaction in the opposite direction.
    I remember, I couldn't work it out, Rubio had a 40% implied chance to be the nominee despite not winning a single primary or caucus.
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?
    There seems to be pretty big gap between "ordering an execution" and "absolutely no involvement". Did any aides from No 10 tell BCC members they should suspend him?

It seems unlikely to me because political pressure to get a private sector figure sacked for his political views would be so outrageous. I mean it should be a resigning matter if Cameron was involved in such a thing.
    Sorry, I missed this response in the kerfuffle. You were upset at my scatological response (for which I apologise) so let's address your response seriously.

No 10/Cabinet/Privy Council do have powers. They can start wars, allow rendition, plant stories in newspapers, traduce somebody's reputation, and this does matter. But for this scenario I genuinely don't see a No10 involvement. You need Cameron to single somebody out, then somebody to contact the BCC members and get them to suspend Longworth. And at no point did somebody turn round and say "er, no, not really".

And I find myself looping back to my original point: Cameron isn't Blofeld. There are limits.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,193

geoffw said:

Danny565 said:

Does it work on Android??
    No idea.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

With the other candidates dropping thick and fast we may have Cruz as the "stop Trump" candidate.

Cruz has a decent share of the delegates. It may be the Trumpsters bubble finally bursting.
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?

On the basis of no evidence, no you're not.
    Yes I am (sorry, couldn't resist it)
  • Options

With the other candidates dropping thick and fast we may have Cruz as the "stop Trump" candidate.

Cruz has a decent share of the delegates. It may be the Trumpsters bubble finally bursting.
    Well done today - remarkably resilient
  • Options

Astonishing.
    I remember, I couldn't work it out, Rubio had a 40% implied chance to be the nominee despite not winning a single primary or caucus.
    Michael Bloomberg is rated as 0.5% chance to be the republican nominee.

Now that is SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY wrong.

He has a hard zero chance to be the GOP nominee.

Namely as he is running as an independent, and even then he probably isn't running.
  • Options

New Thread New Thread

• Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?

Sorry, I missed this response in the kerfuffle. You were upset at my scatological response (for which I apologise) so let's address your response seriously.

No 10/Cabinet/Privy Council do have powers. They can start wars, allow rendition, plant stories in newspapers, traduce somebody's reputation, and this does matter. But for this scenario I genuinely don't see a No10 involvement. You need Cameron to single somebody out, then somebody to contact the BCC members and get them to suspend Longworth. And at no point did somebody turn round and say "er, no, not really".

And I find myself looping back to my original point: Cameron isn't Blofeld. There are limits.
    Thanks for apologies - I do respect people willing to say when they went too far.

And I agree with you. It would be monumentally stupid for No 10 to lean on people here, so they won't have.
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

And we know this how?

Thanks for apologies - I do respect people willing to say when they went too far.

And I agree with you. It would be monumentally stupid for No 10 to lean on people here, so they won't have.
    You're welcome.
  • Options

Entirely up to you. I just post what I think, and (unlike some I could mention) never question anyone's integrity. If something is stupid, I say so. If it's completely bonkers, I say so. If it's hilariously bonkers, I point out that it's hilariously bonkers. Feel free not to read my comments.
    You didn't just do that though. You laughed at people and said they were only nominally adults. Youre one of the people on here who make this place have a very unpleasant vibe at times.
  • Options
    Your guide to the states from a democrat point of view.

Kansas; Nebraska. Farms. White people. Sanders.

Louisiana Swamps. Black people. Clinton.
This discussion has been closed.