Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Starmer starts his third year as LOTO with positive approval ratings – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 12,049
edited April 2022 in General
imageStarmer starts his third year as LOTO with positive approval ratings – politicalbetting.com

Today is the second anniversary of Keir Starmer’s election to the LAB leadership and the polls have him with positive approval ratings with his party a small but robust voting intention lead over the Tories.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Gary_BurtonGary_Burton Posts: 737
    https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1510905168359043072

The elusive Tory lead could finally occur today although it could also be the last be the last one for a while.
  • BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

On Russian TV - talk show says Bucha is part of an Anglosaxon campaign to discredit Russia. Macron also gets mentioned for his comments earlier about war crimes. Footage shown on a loop tagged “FAKE” in English.

https://twitter.com/mariatad/status/1510920650923327488

Russian propaganda experts, and they are experts, probably understand that they need to have these images De-credibalised in the eyes of Russians, or they would seep in anyway people would be shocked, so its a case of getting ahead of events. will it work? Sadly probably yes.
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,555

I see Serbia & Hungary returned pro-Russian leaders in this weekend’s elections.

Hungary now not letting re supply of weaponry to Ukraine only food and Medicines via Hungary

It was interesting to see the British press entirely wrong-footed on Hungary.

Prior to the election, the press was reporting a stern test, close election, on a knife-edge, blah, blah. "Putinist" Orban would be punished and he would pay the price for not supporting Ukraine. It was all eagerly regurgitated on pb.com.

In fact, the result was a fourth consecutive landslide for Orban.

The proper conclusion is that few, if any, articles in the UK media on Eastern Europe are to be trusted.

I take no pleasure on the return of Orban -- but the biggest mistake, as aways, is to believe the bullshit in the UK press.
    Well we don't know at this stage whether there was any fraud in the vote. Give it some time for a bit of analysis to be done.

There is something rather indicative in how the one central or eastern European leader who until recently was getting any attention in the UK was Orban. All the impressive Harvard educated types are ignored as Zelensky was too.
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

(Savanta ComRes/The Scotsman; 14-18 January; 1,004)
    BigRich said:

On Russian TV - talk show says Bucha is part of an Anglosaxon campaign to discredit Russia. Macron also gets mentioned for his comments earlier about war crimes. Footage shown on a loop tagged “FAKE” in English.

https://twitter.com/mariatad/status/1510920650923327488

Russian propaganda experts, and they are experts, probably understand that they need to have these images De-credibalised in the eyes of Russians, or they would seep in anyway people would be shocked, so its a case of getting ahead of events. will it work? Sadly probably yes.
    We should be very proud of the fact that it isn't simply American propaganda that they are blaming but Anglo Saxon. Maybe they include the ANZACs too?
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 51,742

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

But what of Putin? Worse than Boris?
    edited April 2022
    - ”A key part of Starmer’s PM potential comes from the SNP reducing the Tory total seats north of the border and for the LDs to flourish in those places where Davey’s party is the only one with a real chance of beating the Tory. There are no deals but it is in the interest of both LAB and the LDs to only run token campaigns in seats where the other is in with a shout.”

The reason the Lib-Labs run token candidates in Scottish Conservative seats is not to encourage their sympathisers to vote SNP, but exactly the opposite.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Sue Gray will investigate
    I want to be trans
    I am in a psychiatric hospital
    MI6 will investigate
  • MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

But Starmer is a net 52% better than Johnson on these figures
  • YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

I see Serbia & Hungary returned pro-Russian leaders in this weekend’s elections.

Hungary now not letting re supply of weaponry to Ukraine only food and Medicines via Hungary

Prior to the election, the press was reporting a stern test, close election, on a knife-edge, blah, blah. "Putinist" Orban would be punished and he would pay the price for not supporting Ukraine. It was all eagerly regurgitated on pb.com.

The proper conclusion is that few, if any, articles in the UK media on Eastern Europe are to be trusted.

I take no pleasure on the return of Orban -- but the biggest mistake, as aways, is to believe the bullshit in the UK press.
    Well we don't know at this stage whether there was any fraud in the vote. Give it some time for a bit of analysis to be done.

There is something rather indicative in how the one central or eastern European leader who until recently was getting any attention in the UK was Orban. All the impressive Harvard educated types are ignored as Zelensky was too.
    I think serious allegations require serious evidence, and then a serious investigation.

If you are alleging electoral fraud, it is beholden on you to provide the serious evidence.

Otherwise you really are no better than Donald Trump.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 29,273
    IshmaelZ said:

Sue Gray will investigate
    I want to be trans
    I am in a psychiatric hospital
    MI6 will investigate

Indeed.
    A shadowy foreign power forced me to allegedly snort coke and commit assault shows it isn't just Putin who's disinformation requires some contortions of logic.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,590
    On Topic

SKS is a dud

No policies Blair had plebty of radical policies

No Charisma Blair had plenty

No Political Nouse Blair had it in spades

No hope Blair offered some
  • MattWMattW Posts: 21,886
    Dethreaded. Soddit :smile:

This is my favourite bleak photo this morning.

Del Boy watches an aircraft carrier from his amphibious Transit van.

• HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 121,052
    edited April 2022
    Starmer's approval ratings are certainly better than Corbyn's. However Labour's voteshare is, if anything, slightly less or no better than Corbyn got in 2017 on average even if still much better than Corbyn got in 2019.

Starmer's main success therefore has been in winning over voters who voted Labour in 2017 but LD or Conservative in 2019.

In terms of winning voters who voted Conservative in 2017 and 2019 he has been less successful and he has also lost a few voters who voted for Corbyn Labour to the Greens. That means it will likely still be a close election

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

But that is not what your headline is contending: “Starmer starts his third year as LOTO with positive approval ratings”

He has negative ratings north of the border.
  • ApplicantApplicant Posts: 3,379

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

But that is not what your headline is contending: “Starmer starts his third year as LOTO with positive approval ratings”

The headline referred to the whole country, not just a small part of it.

On Topic

SKS is a dud

It's nous. greek νοῦς - mind, intelligence

I think serious allegations require serious evidence, and then a serious investigation.

If you are alleging electoral fraud, it is beholden on you to provide the serious evidence.

His gerrymandering and authoritarian tendencies have been exposed for years. I'd put the burden of proof on him to show the election was free and fair.
    edited April 2022
    IshmaelZ said:

On Topic

SKS is a dud

Had Blair got any? Has Starmer?
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 50,611
    A member of the Hungarian government implies they want to take a slice of Ukraine:

@zoltanspox
    A special greeting to the Hungarians of Transcarpathia - I tell them not to grieve, to hold on - the Mother country is with them.

https://twitter.com/zoltanspox/status/1510721699528032262
  • StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 16,567
    Especially given how bleak things looked for SKS ten months ago, it's remarkable how far he's got by just buggering on. Helps that he's up against Johnson.

Remember that episode of Yes, Minister where Hacker was driven mad by everyone telling him that he was doing all right? That. It may not be enough, but Starmer is doing all right. Or not all wrong, anyway.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 38,161

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

You're a very sad person.

IshmaelZ said:

On Topic

SKS is a dud

Has Blair got any?
    you mean Starmer

Jury out.
    edited April 2022

On Topic

SKS is a dud

Radical policies like Scottish devolution. That worked out well.

Charisma does not equal competent governance.

Political νοῦς like Chilcot/Iraq?

Blair’s “hope” led directly to Brexit and dissolution of the Union.
    edited April 2022

- ”A key part of Starmer’s PM potential comes from the SNP reducing the Tory total seats north of the border and for the LDs to flourish in those places where Davey’s party is the only one with a real chance of beating the Tory. There are no deals but it is in the interest of both LAB and the LDs to only run token campaigns in seats where the other is in with a shout.”

The reason the Lib-Labs run token candidates in Scottish Conservative seats is not to encourage their sympathisers to vote SNP, but exactly the opposite.

I don't see that much change in Scotland next time on the SNP-Tory front TBH, I can still see the Tories holding 4 seats even if Johnson is still in charge (Alister Jack, David Mundell, John Lamont and David Duguid I think will hold on) and also an outside chance of regaining Gordon. Only Andrew Bowie possibly looks toast in the context of a GE.

I think Lab-SNP tactical voting was probably maxed out in 2019.
    HYUFD said:

Starmer's approval ratings are certainly better than Corbyn's. However Labour's voteshare is, if anything, slightly less still than Corbyn got in 2017 even if still much better than Corbyn got in 2019.

Starmer's main success therefore has been in winning over voters who voted Labour in 2017 but LD or Conservative in 2019.

In terms of winning voters who voted Conservative in 2017 and 2019 he has been less successful and he has also lost a few voters who voted for Corbyn Labour to the Greens. That means it will likely still be a close election

The people who love Starmer the most are wealthy LibDems. That might well be enough for him to remove the Tory majority in GE 2024 ... if he is fighting Boris.

But, I am unconvinced that Boris will fight. Boris doesn't like to lose, and he must surely already be looking enviously at his lucrative post-PM opportunities.

I mean, furfucksake, even a completely talentless nonentity like Nick Clegg is now earning 2.7 million dollars a year.

A member of the Hungarian government implies they want to take a slice of Ukraine:

@zoltanspox
    A special greeting to the Hungarians of Transcarpathia - I tell them not to grieve, to hold on - the Mother country is with them.

Serbia & Hungary both returned pro-Russian leaders in this weekend’s elections. Hungary no longer allowing weapons via Hungary to Ukraine so makes sense if what you say is correct
    MaxPB said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Not as sad as a person who want to emigrate to a German-speaking city despite the fact he despises German.

His gerrymandering and authoritarian tendencies have been exposed for years. I'd put the burden of proof on him to show the election was free and fair.
    You seem not to understand some very basic principles.

Let's hope you are never accused of anything serious ... but if you are, I will still be arguing that the burden of proof is on your accusers.
    edited April 2022

@zoltanspox

Remained unspoken till safely re-elected. Kinda obvious if you read between the lines.
    dixiedean said:

@zoltanspox

Remained unspoken till safely re-elected. Kinda obvious if you read between the lines.
    A week ago: https://hungarytoday.hu/hungarian-embassy-ukraine/
    My 33-1 tip went down 6-0.
    Shows why bookies make money and I don't. Hey ho.
  • glwglw Posts: 9,799
    edited April 2022
    FPT:
    Cicero said:

FF43 said:

Andy_JS said:

Still don't understand why the Germans and Italians thought making themselves reliant on Russian gas was a good idea.

I forget who it was, but someone on here did provide a [link to a?] good explanation.

After WWII the object of economic integration between France and Germany was to make a war between the two countries impossible. After more than 75 years there has been no war between the two countries, and one is now unthinkable. In the previous 75 years there had been three major wars between the two countries.

So the intent was to create such a level of mutual economic dependence that war between Germany [and Europe more generally] and Russia would become impossible. This didn't work, and they should have realised earlier that it wasn't working, but put in those terms it doesn't seem like an entirely ridiculous idea.
    When did it become unambiguous that Putin was unambiguously evil, rather than a strongman leader who we didn't like but could understand and do business with? My vague recollection of when he first came to power is it was a bit of a relief after the shambles of the Yeltsin years.

A bit like 1930's comments like "Hurrah for the Blackshirts" or "Dictators are very popular these days. We might want one in England before long"
    Grozny and when Blair said he was "comfortable" with him. Which I have just checked was as far back as 2000
    I would say the false flag apartment bombings were a terrible warning, so September 1999. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings
    I've read Satter's "Darkness at Dawn" and the book "Blowing up Russia" by Felshtinsky and Litvinenko, as well as a few other books that repeat the allegations. One major problem with this false flag scenario is that there is very little hard evidence, particularly in English, and a lot of allegations, often second-hand. So whilst the scenario presented about the Ryazan attempted bombing is extremely fishy, I really don't think they is anything conclusive that can be said about it.

That said if you take the official narrative seriously you have to believe that during a bombing campaign the Moscow FSB staged an essentially identical drill/test without informing any of the authorities in Ryazan, and when this "test" was passed the Russian government initially praised the Ryazan authorities for foiling a real terrorist attack, only to change positions the next day, to it being merely a drill, when some members of the FSB were arrested.

It would be like a few days after the 7/7 bombings if the Met Police had staged a very similar attack in Manchester, the GMP had foiled it, and the Home Secretary had congratulated Manchester. The next day the GMP arrest some Met officers and the Home Secretary then says "ha ha, it was just a test".

Even if you buy the official narrative, it it still completely nuts, the disregard for public safety is extraordinary.

I hope that one day when Putin is dead a future Russian government will properly investigate the origins of the Second Chechen War.
    edited April 2022

I don't see that much change in Scotland next time on the SNP-Tory front TBH, I can still see the Tories holding 4 seats even if Johnson is still in charge (Alister Jack, David Mundell, John Lamont and David Duguid I think will hold on) and also an outside chance of regaining Gordon. Only Andrew Bowie possibly looks toast in the context of a GE.

If I was a SCon strategist it is not the SNP and Labour sympathisers I would be worried about, but the SLD ones. The biggest threat to the 6 SCon MPs (5 if you omit the retiring Ross) is tactical unwind. Without the lent support of vast chunks of the SLD base there would still be no Tory MPs in Scotland. Johnson & his circus have managed to not only disillusion, but to totally trample on the aspirations of natural SLD supporters. Hence Ross’s desperation to ditch The Clown.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 42,508
    edited April 2022
    fpt

TOPPING said:

Sandpit said:

glw said:

dixiedean said:

glw said:

When did it become unambiguous that Putin was unambiguously evil, rather than a strongman leader who we didn't like but could understand and do business with? My vague recollection of when he first came to power is it was a bit of a relief after the shambles of the Yeltsin years.

A bit like 1930's comments like "Hurrah for the Blackshirts" or "Dictators are very popular these days. We might want one in England before long"

I keep thinking back to the sinking of the Kursk submarine in 2000. That public narrative up to then had been that if we weren't allies of Russia there was at least a degree of friendship between Russia and the West. When Russia rebuffed the intial offers of help from Britain and Norway, and blamed a US submarine at first, it was clear that the relations were a lot frostier than generally realised.
    Putin was hugely supportive of the US over 9/11.
    That bought him lots of time and kudos with the West.
    That it was because it was in his interests, not because he was a supporter of democracy and opponent of terror, doesn't appear to have been much considered.
    Oh the US and the West in general misread a lot of the support and apparent realignment after 9/11. A lot of countries were simply happy to get the US off their backs and aimed at their enemies.
    Indeed. Putin was simply happy that US attention was turned elsewhere for a few years, towards a different enemy.
    It was of course turned towards an enemy that "we" thought we could beat easily. That is the defining difference between previous incursions and this one. Hand wringing aside there is simply nothing we can do short of actually calling the nuclear bluff that is likely to arrest the activities we are seeing.

Do I like it? Of course not. Should Putin face sanction, well yes. But we are seeing from the wrong side how the doctrine of might is right plays out.
    You've repeatedly overestimated Russian capability in this war. Time for a re-think? Kiev is okay, Odessa is okay, the west of the country is okay. They are being pushed away from Kharkiv. The entirety of Ukraine is hardly at Russia's mercy. Thank goodness we provided the weapons we did or it would have been truly hideous. Thank goodness the Ukrainian forces have been as impressive as they have been. Imagine if Russian troops had got into Kiev proper. It doesn't bear thinking about.
    I haven't overestimated anything; I have counselled against jumping to conclusions based upon twitter feeds.

I have no idea how this will play out, what is Putin's endgame or plan such as it was or is, or anything much else.

I do note a couple of things, that said. First that vituperation heaped upon those who do not tow, or perhaps worse still question the PB Russa-Ukraine line. Secondly, the latching onto particular twitter feeds as if they give the gospel truth.

Whether these latter do or not it is not imo a good habit to get into to so slavishly and without question treat them as the only true source of information. It smacks to me more of hope over experience (perfectly understandable but not necessarily a good analytic framework).

@zoltanspox

How have we got from that tweet to Hungary wants to invade the Ukraine?
    edited April 2022
    HYUFD said:

Starmer's approval ratings are certainly better than Corbyn's. However Labour's voteshare is, if anything, slightly less or no better than Corbyn got in 2017 on average even if still much better than Corbyn got in 2019.

I don't think Starmer led Labour is likely to get more than 38% in a GE and won't quite manage to beat the Tories in terms of votes and seats but something like Con 40% Lab 38% would still be the same 5% swing Cameron got in 2010 and result in Labour gaining up to 60-80 seats.

MaxPB said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Not as sad as a person who want to emigrate to a German-speaking city despite the fact he despises German.
    You live on Sweden and carp on about Scotland all day to people who give no fucks about Scotland.
    Referring to todays R&W Poll

Election Maps says "One party has seen a pretty significant increase in their support compared to last week"...

Cabt think its the Tories so i reckon Labour up 4 or 5% to a 6 or 7% lead

Just a guess
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,465

I take no pleasure on the return of Orban -- but the biggest mistake, as always, is to believe the bullshit in the UK press.

The press, insofar as they take an interest in foreign elections at all, always report a "tight race", because it's just more interesting than "X is strolling to victory". Same thing in France. Orban has attracted attention where the Serbian leadership has not because of the "defies EU" theme, and because he relishes the bad-guy anti-liberal image, rather like Trump. But the polls unfortunately pretty consistently showed Orban cruising to victory.

Generally we do collectively underestimate the "strong ethnic nationalist leader" theme in countries in difficulty, despite the ample evidence that it nearly always ends badly.

Let's hope you are never accused of anything serious ... but if you are, I will still be arguing that the burden of proof is on your accusers.
    What is the justification from transposing the rules of evidence which apply to English criminal court proceedings to questions arising elsewhere? There is no evidence remotely admissible in an English court that Caligula was a bastard, it's all nth hand hearsay. Does that stop me saying he was a bastard?
  • darkagedarkage Posts: 5,215
    If Victor Orban is preventing arms shipments to Ukraine via Hungary (which is a vital strategic route), then it is a far more serious matter in my mind to his failure to respect various minority rights, alleged gerrymandering and control of the media through 'oligarchs'. One problem with reporting on Hungary is that these things are often combined in such a way that they are all presented as the same thing. They aren't. His apparent support for Putin (if that is what it actually is) should be a massive red line.
  • glwglw Posts: 9,799

@zoltanspox

I don't know how the last four weeks or so have given anyone the idea that picking a fight with Ukraine is a good idea.

HYUFD said:

I don't think Starmer led Labour is likely to get more than 38% in a GE and won't quite manage to beat the Tories in terms of votes and seats but something like Con 40% Lab 38% would still be the same 5% swing Cameron got in 2010 and result in Labour gaining up to 60-80 seats.
    Agreed and likely result in a Starmer premiership propped up by the SNP and LDs.

The DUP won't support the Tories either unless they invoke Art 16
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 68,783

Russia has shown very clearly what a wholly state dominated media can do.
    Hungary is some way down that road, and the election result wasn't a massive surprise.

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

An interesting enquiry.

Pre-genocide Putin would be in Boris’s ballpark.
    Post-genocide Putin would likely be the perfect -100.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 53,349
    Oh wow. Last week Elon Musk was complaining about Twitter and their lack of support for freedom of speech.

This week, he spends $2.9bn on buying a 9.2% stake in the company.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/04/04/twitter-shares-soar-elon-musk-takes-29bn-stake/
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,511
    Elon's bought 9.2% of Twitter, single largest shareholder at a stroke (Dorsey only has 2.5%)

I take no pleasure on the return of Orban -- but the biggest mistake, as always, is to believe the bullshit in the UK press.

The press, insofar as they take an interest in foreign elections at all, always report a "tight race", because it's just more interesting than "X is strolling to victory". Same thing in France. Orban has attracted attention where the Serbian leadership has not because of the "defies EU" theme, and because he relishes the bad-guy anti-liberal image, rather like Trump. But the polls unfortunately pretty consistently showed Orban cruising to victory.

Generally we do collectively underestimate the "strong ethnic nationalist leader" theme in countries in difficulty, despite the ample evidence that it nearly always ends badly.
    It was a "tight race" only if you added up the totals of the opposition parties from the last election, and assumed that their recent electoral alliance would hold onto all those votes.
    That was always something of an unlikely prospect.
    edited April 2022

HYUFD said:

Starmer's approval ratings are certainly better than Corbyn's. However Labour's voteshare is, if anything, slightly less still than Corbyn got in 2017 even if still much better than Corbyn got in 2019.

The people who love Starmer the most are wealthy LibDems. That might well be enough for him to remove the Tory majority in GE 2024 ... if he is fighting Boris.

But, I am unconvinced that Boris will fight. Boris doesn't like to lose, and he must surely already be looking enviously at his lucrative post-PM opportunities.

I mean, furfucksake, even a completely talentless nonentity like Nick Clegg is now earning 2.7 million dollars a year.
    He will certainly get more tactical votes from the LDs in Labour v Tory marginals than Corbyn.

Boris does not have the technical skills of Clegg for a big corporate board, his skills are in oratory and the lecture circuit.

To maximise his earnings there he needs to stay in No 10 as long as possible to get near Thatcher and Blair fees on the circuit and ideally raise his profile in the US further too at the same time
    Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

The “Scotland is not a country” gambit. How original.

Yesterday it was the “England is not a country” gambit.

I wish you BritNats would learn some more tunes.
    edited April 2022
    Nigelb said:

Hungary is some way down that road, and the election result wasn't a massive surprise.
    So is Poland.

If you predicted the election in Hungary correctly, well done. I am only pointing out that the UK press -- from the Daily Mail to the Guardian -- did not.

And of course, I am standing up for the principle that serious allegations deserve serious evidence and then a serious investigation
  • WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,847
    edited April 2022

@zoltanspox

How have we got from that tweet to Hungary wants to invade the Ukraine?
    The EU is going to have to take some further action against Hungary at some point. I see that today, and even despite everything and the current situation, the Polish government is still attempting to somewhat defend Hungary. "Germany is the main roadblock to sanctions, not Hungary", according to the Polish government today, which is generally propaganda.
    edited April 2022

If I was a SCon strategist it is not the SNP and Labour sympathisers I would be worried about, but the SLD ones. The biggest threat to the 6 SCon MPs (5 if you omit the retiring Ross) is tactical unwind. Without the lent support of vast chunks of the SLD base there would still be no Tory MPs in Scotland. Johnson & his circus have managed to not only disillusion, but to totally trample on the aspirations of natural SLD supporters. Hence Ross’s desperation to ditch The Clown.
    I agree but there is only a substantial residual LD vote (above 10%) in Bowie's seat and Gordon. I expect a major Con-LD shift in Edinburgh in May but not so much elsewhere. The trend is still overall towards the Tories in Aberdeenshire even if they didn't quite manage to gain Aberdeenshire East and Banffshire and Buchan coast last year and still topped the list vote in those seats.

Nigelb said:

So is Poland.

If you predicted the election in Hungary correctly, well done. I am only pointing out that the UK press -- from the Daily Mail to the Guardian -- did not.

And of course, I am standing up for the principle that serious allegations deserve serious evidence and then a serious investigation
    Fair points.
    Though quite how one might go about an independent investigation of such things in Hungary is an interesting question.

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Ah, I see you're throwing the BNP slur around again. Do be a good chap and fuck off, won't you?
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

He will certainly get more tactical votes from the LDs in Labour v Tory marginals than Corbyn.

Boris does not have the technical skills of Clegg for a big corporate board, his skills are in oratory and the lecture circuit.

To maximise his earnings there he needs to stay in No 10 as long as possible to get near Thatcher and Blair fees on the circuit and ideally raise his profile in the US further too at the same time
    Well, HYUFD, you have posted a number of outrageous things in your time.

"... the technical skills of Clegg for a big corporate board".

But that wins the prize. :)
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 34,379
    darkage said:

If Victor Orban is preventing arms shipments to Ukraine via Hungary (which is a vital strategic route), then it is a far more serious matter in my mind to his failure to respect various minority rights, alleged gerrymandering and control of the media through 'oligarchs'. One problem with reporting on Hungary is that these things are often combined in such a way that they are all presented as the same thing. They aren't. His apparent support for Putin (if that is what it actually is) should be a massive red line.

On what basis is Hungary a 'vital strategic route' into Ukraine?

Hungary is one of Ukraine's shortest borders - Poland, Slovakia, and Romania all provide better access.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 41,507

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Are you saying Putin is an influential UK political figure to be rated as such?! Quite an aspersions to cast even taking Lord Beard Dye of the Gulags and the millions of party funding into account.
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

You live on Sweden and carp on about Scotland all day to people who give no fucks about Scotland.
    That British Nationalists give no fucks about Scotland is a statement of the obvious. We had noticed you know.
  • Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Its not a gambit. Scotland voted against being a real country in 2014.

Shame.
    I see Chris Mason is now favorite for the BBC Pol Editor gig after the all women shortlist was deemed too weak.

Who would have thought there could be any weaker Candidates than Laura K

darkage said:

Hungary is one of Ukraine's shortest borders - Poland, Slovakia, and Romania all provide better access.
    Transcarpathia is topographically the most secure part of the country.

I agree but there is only a substantial residual LD vote (above 10%) in Bowie's seat and Gordon. I expect a major Con-LD shift in Edinburgh in May but not so much elsewhere. The trend is still overall towards the Tories in Aberdeenshire even if they didn't quite manage to gain Aberdeenshire East and Banffshire and Buchan coast last year and still topped the list vote in those seats.
    A fascinating assertion!

Evidence in the public domain for such a statement is scant, but I’m all ears.
  • kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 4,692
    Sandpit said:

Oh wow. Last week Elon Musk was complaining about Twitter and their lack of support for freedom of speech.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/04/04/twitter-shares-soar-elon-musk-takes-29bn-stake/

Bitcoin.

Jack Dorsey is a Bitcoin maxi and plans to integrate Jack Mallers Strike payment system through Twitter. Musk also owns billions of dollars of Bitcoin.

The annual Bitcoin conference is happening in Miami this week, last year the surprise announcement was the first country (El Salvador) to announce Bitcoin as legal tender.

Other countries, possibly Honduras, are expected to make a similar announcement this week, there are also rumours of Apple Pay integration with the Lightning network.

Twitter will eventually have venmo-style payment integration via the Bitcoin lightning network and there are eyes on it eventually becoming a competitor to the likes of Western Union for immigrants sending money to the folks back home.

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

That British Nationalists give no fucks about Scotland is a statement of the obvious. We had noticed you know.
    Nah, mate, no one gives a fuck about Scotland. Even you don't, you just hate the English.
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 33,051

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Well, HYUFD, you have posted a number of outrageous things in your time.

"... the technical skills of Clegg for a big corporate board".

But that wins the prize. :)
    Comparing it with Johnson's though!

I see Chris Mason is now favorite for the BBC Pol Editor gig after the all women shortlist was deemed too weak.

"Weaker" = not telling me the things I want to hear.

Amiright?
  • kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

Bitcoin.

Jack Dorsey is a Bitcoin maxi and plans to integrate Jack Mallers Strike payment system through Twitter. Musk also owns billions of dollars of Bitcoin.

The annual Bitcoin conference is happening in Miami this week, last year the surprise announcement was the first country (El Salvador) to announce Bitcoin as legal tender.

Other countries, possibly Honduras, are expected to make a similar announcement this week, there are also rumours of Apple Pay integration with the Lightning network.

Twitter will eventually have venmo-style payment integration via the Bitcoin lightning network and there are eyes on it eventually becoming a competitor to the likes of Western Union for immigrants sending money to the folks back home.
    Bitcoin is worse than a pyramid scheme.

That Musk is involved with it is the one thing that makes me lose respect for him. I don't have much respect for Dorsey to lose in the first place.
    Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Ah, I see you're throwing the BNP slur around again. Do be a good chap and fuck off, won't you?
    Calling patriotic Scottish posters ScotNats is perfectly fine.

Calling patriotic British posters BritNats is a foul slur.

Who’d’ve thunk that ‘Muscular Unionism’ would breed intolerance and double-standards? We’ll all have to learn to doff our caps to the British Übermenschen.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 41,507

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Shame.
    When oh when will poor England get the chance to vote on being a real country?

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Who’d’ve thunk that ‘Muscular Unionism’ would breed intolerance and double-standards? We’ll all have to learn to doff our caps to the British Übermenschen.
    So the SNP are as odious as the BNP? Thanks for clarifying that.
    edited April 2022

A fascinating assertion!

The last Scottish by election in January in East Lothian still had the Tories increasing their vote share slightly in what was supposed to be a straight Lab-SNP fight. I can still see the Tories making a modest gain of 10-20 seats overall in Scotland in May. They will almost certainly lose seats on a few councils such as Edinburgh, North Lanarkshire Aberdeen City, Stirling and Glasgow but make gains on plenty of other councils particularly ones like Aberdeenshire, South Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway where they are standing a lot more candidates this time.

SLab could also gain up to 30-40 council seats on a good day although I am less confident of that.
  • EabhalEabhal Posts: 7,911
    There is definitely a relationship between nationalism (of all stripes) and moving abroad.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Or something.
  • HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Why should we care about Boris maximising his earnings, rather than how he is governing the country

Bizarre
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 61,481
    TOPPING said:

Amiright?
    If the Times is to be believed the whole process has been a fiasco that would fit in well with the sitcom W1A.

The first time around they wanted someone who would break news and get scoops. Then it seems having interviewed a load of people the powers-that-be decided that was unrealistic so they then wanted someone who had the heft to do the analysis and explaining part of the role. And round they went again. At some point Mason, having ruled himself out, was asked to rule himself back in.
    Another mass grave in Motyzhyn, Kyiv Oblast,–Robert van Voren, 13:40 EET
    https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPress/status/1510938199178285061
    Eabhal said:

There is definitely a relationship between nationalism (of all stripes) and moving abroad.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Or something.

cf evangelical preachers who condemn homosexuality who, it emerges later, turn out to be....
  • EabhalEabhal Posts: 7,911

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Shame.
    When oh when will poor England get the chance to vote on being a real country?
    Scotland is like one of those cats that scrabbles desperately at the door. When it opens: "oh shit, it's cold outside".

Gets lots of attention though.
    Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

That British Nationalists consistently contend this says more about them than it does about Scots and their chosen government.
  • darkagedarkage Posts: 5,215

darkage said:

Fair point, I accept that the border is quite small. But the broader point stands: it is unhelpful and concerning.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 80,371
    edited April 2022
    Sandpit said:

You know how it is. Few too many drinks on a Friday night and wake up on Saturday morning to find in your drunken state you have brought some worthless crap off amazon....is this the billionaire equivalent?

TOPPING said:

Amiright?
    If the Times is to be believed the whole process has been a fiasco that would fit in well with the sitcom W1A.

The first time around they wanted someone who would break news and get scoops. Then it seems having interviewed a load of people the powers-that-be decided that was unrealistic so they then wanted someone who had the heft to do the analysis and explaining part of the role. And round they went again. At some point Mason, having ruled himself out, was asked to rule himself back in.
    I never understood the vitriol that people directed towards Laura K. She seemed to do a perfectly good job. I didn't get the key issue as to why so many people (on PB at least) thought she was awful. Unless it was a "shoot the messenger" thing.

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

That British Nationalists consistently contend this says more about them than it does about Scots and their chosen government.
    LOL. It was you who implied the SNP and BNP are equivalent, not me. I merely find the BNP odious. So if you, a proud Scottish Nationalist (albeit Swedish-resident) imply that the SNP and BNP are equivalent, then the SNP must also be odious! QED!
    This article is worth a read.
    What was the German busines-as-usual approach to Putin's Russia is not entirely dissimilar to their relations with Orban's Hungary.
    Interesting question as to what happens next.

How Orbán played Germany, Europe’s great power
    https://www.direkt36.hu/en/a-magyar-nemet-kapcsolatok-rejtett-tortenete/

A fascinating assertion!

The last Scottish by election in January in East Lothian still had the Tories increasing their vote share slightly in what was supposed to be a straight Lab-SNP fight. I can still see the Tories making a modest gain of 10-20 seats overall in Scotland in May. They will almost certainly lose seats on a few councils such as Edinburgh, North Lanarkshire Aberdeen City, Stirling and Glasgow but make gains on plenty of other councils particularly ones like Aberdeenshire, South Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway where they are standing a lot more candidates this time.

SLab could also gain up to 30-40 council seats on a good day although I am less confident of that.
    That the only empiric evidence you provide is from a lone STV council by-election in a non-Con area is telling. The differential turnout alone makes a mockery of any attempt to us it to predict Aberdeen, Stirling et al.

I will however retain your post. I could do with a good laugh in May, just before we’re all evaporated.
    edited April 2022

TOPPING said:

Amiright?

Standard for BBC these days....e.g. BBC Three linear tv reboot with tractor racing strangely not pulling in da yuff. Some Craig Olvier Beats by Dre headphone wearing type thinks they are down with the kids and knows exactly what they want to watch.
  • BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,664

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

"Civic and joyous". Do you get this sort of thing south of the border?

https://twitter.com/blairmcdougall/status/1510866153819750400

"The papers this morning report that the SNP member who posted about me being hung from a lamp post has been suspended. Good. Now that they've set the precedent that it's wrong to talk about the execution of your opponents (a low bar, I know) let's test if they mean it"
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 48,429
    Farooq said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

Bitcoin.

That Musk is involved with it is the one thing that makes me lose respect for him. I don't have much respect for Dorsey to lose in the first place.
    That's far from the only thing about Musk that ought to make you pause and edge on past without making eye contact. The man is loon. Remember when he called that cave rescue guy a "pedo"? Totally mad.
    The thing to understand with Elon Musk is that he treats Twitter the way some treat PB. After the lagershed, some crazy stuff gets said...
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 16,910
    I know I'm thick but how does 28 - 32 not equal a negative number? Feel like I'm being gaslit here...
    An op-ed for state news agency RIA Novosti titled "What Russia should do with Ukraine" by pundit Timofei Sergeitsev has created quite a stir today

The rhetoric is truly horrific, even by the standards of what I'm used to seeing from pro-Kremlin media

Below are a few quotes:

"Denazification is a set of measures aimed at the nazified mass of the population, which technically cannot be subjected to direct punishment as war criminals"

"However, besides the elite, a significant part of the masses of the people, who are passive nazis, are accomplices to Nazism. They have supported the Nazi authorities and indulged them..."

"...The just punishment for this part of the population is possible only as the bearing of the inevitable hardships of a just war against the Nazi system"

"The name Ukraine can seemingly not be retained as the title of any fully denazified state formation on the territory liberated from the Nazi regime"

"Denazification is inevitably also deukrainisation – a rejection of the large-scale artificial inflation of the ethnic element of self-identification of the population of the territories of the historical Malorossiya and Novorossiya begun by the Soviet authorities"

"Unlike, let’s say, Georgia or the Baltics, Ukraine, as history has shown, is unviable as a national state, and attempts to 'build' one logically lead to Nazism"

"The Banderite elite must be liquidated, its reeducation is impossible. The social 'swamp' which actively and passively supports it must undergo the hardships of war and digest the experience as a historical lesson and atonement"

https://twitter.com/francska1/status/1510898134481788930

Farooq said:

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

Bitcoin.

That's far from the only thing about Musk that ought to make you pause and edge on past without making eye contact. The man is loon. Remember when he called that cave rescue guy a "pedo"? Totally mad.
    The thing to understand with Elon Musk is that he treats Twitter the way some treat PB. After the lagershed, some crazy stuff gets said...
    Are we sure Leon isn't actually Elon Musk ;-)
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 42,456
    edited April 2022
    Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

LOL. It was you who implied the SNP and BNP are equivalent, not me. I merely find the BNP odious. So if you, a proud Scottish Nationalist (albeit Swedish-resident) imply that the SNP and BNP are equivalent, then the SNP must also be odious! QED!
    I think the problem lies elsewhere: that

(a) it is actually the PBTories who make that equation because ...
    (b) they deny that their 'patriotism' under the UJ is actually nationalism (whether UK, 'British' or English depending on the individual)

Outside the likes of UKIP, the purest and most blood and soil political discourse I can remember is David Cameron's major Glasgow [edit] speech in advance of the 2014 referendum, and it was British nationalist from start to end by any objective analysis.
  • kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 4,692

kyf_100 said:

Sandpit said:

Bitcoin.

A fair argument in, say, 2013. But it's 2022 and bitcoin has been around for 12 years now.

If I wanted to send $100 to El Salvador, Western Union would charge me $7.99. The idea of the lightning network is that you can convert dollar > bitcoin and back to dollar again and the transaction is instant and costs less than a cent.

Jack wants to enable that kind of remittance to happen via Twitter and I dare say that is why Musk has invested.

Is it a good investment? I don't know. Despite being around for a year in El Salvador bitcoin hasn't exactly caught on with a largely suspicious population who prefer to hoard physical dollars. However, that's the play.

It's estimated that about 1.7bn people are unbanked globally, which is a heck of an untapped market if this thing catches on.
    Farooq said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Most British nationalists wouldn't touch the BNP with a bargepole. Nationalist is not a dirty word.
    "British nationalist" isn't a political term in any significant use, other than by Scot Nats trying to smear unionists as BNP supporters.

I know I'm thick but how does 28 - 32 not equal a negative number? Feel like I'm being gaslit here...

Labelling error on the graph? I can't make sense either.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 16,910
    Carnyx said:

Not just me then! I was getting worried. Its been a long few weeks...
    Applicant said:

Farooq said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Most British nationalists wouldn't touch the BNP with a bargepole. Nationalist is not a dirty word.
    "British nationalist" isn't a political term in any significant use, other than by Scot Nats trying to smear unionists as BNP supporters.
    We don't do it for that reason - we don't think Tories are BNP members. It is just to remind Tories that they are also nationalists, and to make them think about why they are using 'nationalist' as a dirty word. I actually prefer the Spanish usage of left wing independistas (UK example being the SNP) and right wing nacionalistas (Tories).
    Carnyx said:

Yougov has a similar trend to the Opinium graph as labelled, if I'm reading it right.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/keir-starmer-approval-rating
  • Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 14,157
    Applicant said:

Farooq said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Applicant said:

Not in Scotland.

Net favourability

Sturgeon 13%
    Scottish Government 7%
    Anas Sarwar 1%
    Keir Starmer -10
    Patrick Harvie -15
    Alex Cole-Hamilton -15
    Lorna Slater -15
    Rishi Sunak -19
    Douglas Ross -21
    UK Government -50
    Alex Salmond -62
    Boris Johnson -62

Yea, Scots Nats engaging in psychological projection as ever. What they want the world to believe is that their type of bigotry, division and hatred is OK.
This discussion has been closed.