Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Some terrible findings for Johnson & co from YouGov – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Jonathan said:

Boris Johnson's deserves all of this.

As David Cameron observed, Dom Cummings is a psychopath, what kind of idiot employs a known psychopath?

David Cameron?
    Dave never employed Dom, Michael Gove did.
    And who employed him?
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,537

Scott_xP said:

I wonder if David Cameron is also enjoying some wine time Friday this evening

Not much, he's worried about the damage caused to the country and the Tory party.

Although I'm sure he'll laugh like a drain if Boris Johnson's tenure isn't as long as Dave's.
    At this rate it won't be as long as Theresa May's or even Gordon Brown's.

Johnson could be the shortest serving PM since Sir Alec Douglas-Home.
  • HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

New poll from Find Out Now/Electoral Calculus 13 Jan
    Lab 41% +3
    Con 27% -3
    Lib Dem 11% +1
    Green 8% -2
    Reform 5% -2
    Changes since 14-15 Dec https://twitter.com/Direthoughts/status/1482079893919838208

Ok, where's Mohammed Saeed al-Hyufd got to? We need an explanation, now.
    Still not as low even on that poll as May's Tories in Spring 2019 or Major's Tories in 1995 who were both sub 25%
    :lol:
    That’s not how I imagined HYUFD would look like.
    I did imagine him wearing a beret..

• Scott_xP said:

Does he have a suitable fridge or a suitcase to collect it from Tesco?
    I reckon he definitely has a really nice fridge in that stupidly expensive shed.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,661

Leon said:

@Leon if I tell you what it is will you host my wife and I for drinks at one of your favourite watering holes?

(I'll bring drugs if necessary)

OK if you bring REALLY good ayahuasca
    That's just DMT sir, afaik.
    Having done both - ayahuasca and DMT - I can assure you that the former is way more powerful than the latter, and an entirely more profound experience
  • @Leon if I tell you what it is will you host my wife and I for drinks at one of your favourite watering holes?

Hey, are you feeling better?
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Lab 41% +3
    Con 27% -3
    Lib Dem 11% +1
    Green 8% -2
    Reform 5% -2
    Changes since 14-15 Dec https://twitter.com/Direthoughts/status/1482079893919838208

Still not as low even on that poll as May's Tories in Spring 2019 or Major's Tories in 1995 who were both sub 25%
    It is now! 😃
  • I presume Princess Nut Nut isn't going to be too happy to have to move out of the newly decorated flat and the grace and favour country house.
    People on the Mail now claiming that THE GREAT TOOTING UFO LIZARD MISSILE has also been seen in Oxford and in Horsham, and elsewhere - today
  • TomsToms Posts: 2,478

As David Cameron observed, Dom Cummings is a psychopath, what kind of idiot employs a known psychopath?

The kind of idiot who would join a club if they'd have him.
  • I must say the Boris premiership is proving great entertainment. I never expected any PM to preside over a government funnier and more dysfunctional than Gordon Brown's, but Boris has beaten even the snow plot, farmy-farm and 'gulags for slags'.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    I wonder where we would be in the alternate timeline where Sunak resigned pre-Christmas in protest at the idea of further restrictions.
  • Anger and piss taking,

• IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,191
    Leon said:

Leon said:

@Leon if I tell you what it is will you host my wife and I for drinks at one of your favourite watering holes?

Having done both - ayahuasca and DMT - I can assure you that the former is way more powerful than the latter, and an entirely more profound experience
    Many users describe profound, life-changing experiences such as visiting other worlds, talking with alien entities known as “DMT elves” or “machine elves,” and total shifts in the perception of identity and reality. Mental side effects may linger for many days or weeks after ingestion of the drug.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

I presume Princess Nut Nut isn't going to be too happy to have to move out of the newly decorated flat and the grace and favour country house.

No. I doubt it. Nor to live on an MPs salary not a PMs nor travel easyjet nor drive her own car nor cook her own meals. Heartbreaking.
  • Leon said:

Leon said:

Is that not just because of the extras in it though? Much like opium and smack are different (although in that case it's the other way around where you have thebaine moderation and lack of diamorphine headrush in the natural stuff). I'm sure you could add some other MAOI (many are available) to DMT and get more or less the same effect as ayahusasca, although I must admit I haven't tried that.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,564
    Just idly flicked open a copy of Gimson's Prime Ministers, which I was gifted for Christmas, and immediately struck by some of its opening quotes from past PMs.

Attlee:There is one thing about politics that I think cannot be disputed: if a man stays in them long enough, they nearly always reveal him for what he is, and he tends to get not only what he deserves, but to find in his fate the reflection of his own strength and weakness

And one Sunak is probably saying right now:

Never forget...the garden belongs to Number 10, and has nothing to do with Number 11.*

*That one was Archibald Primrose who, of course, we all know was Prime Minister after Gladstone.
  • @Leon if I tell you what it is will you host my wife and I for drinks at one of your favourite watering holes?

Hey, are you feeling better?
    Much better thank you. I did leave a thank you in either this thread or the one before. Not quite right as rain yet but clearly on the way there.
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,129
    Jonathan said:

David Cameron?
    You remember, he's the one who managed to burn down his own foreign policy, and thus his Government and career, in a wholly avoidable accident. How soon we forget.

Anger and piss taking,

The Star have had some cracking front pages in the last few years, bit disappointed they've gone for a cliche 'turn out the lights' gag.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,825
    New details of the ‘Save Boris’ operation in tomorrow’s Telegraph

1/ Much of the team that secured 2019 Tory leader win have reformed

2/ Lynton Crosby is back. Talked to PM this week, per two sources

3/ Massive calls to Tory MPs drive. Going beyond midnight, per source

4/ Cautious optimism Gray report won’t be damning on what PM knew

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1482105991789518848
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    kle4 said:

Anger and piss taking,

The Star have had some cracking front pages in the last few years, bit disappointed they've gone for a cliche 'turn out the lights' gag.
    Turn off the fridge, surely
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Lab 41% +3
    Con 27% -3
    Lib Dem 11% +1
    Green 8% -2
    Reform 5% -2

Give up and surrender

It is over for Boris and soon
    Thanks to Cummings it is probably also over for the Tories for the next decade.

Don't expect even Sunak to suddenly be able to turn it round. Boris may well be the last Conservative leader to win a general election majority for the next 10 to 15 years
    This is all about the Big Dog. The Conservative Party can bounce back very quickly.
    Yes, although they will still be facing the headwinds of inflation, tax increases, Brexit and the Covid enquiry.

And they will be carrying the reeks of lobbying corruption, and 'one-rule-for-us' neither of which will entirely dissipate, even if Johnson goes.
    But if you want top jobs, like top jobs in football management, you expect to come in in a crisis, back yourself in your honeymoon period to help get the basics right and from there turn it round. Build something great.

You’ve got to relish the challenge!

You can tell I’m a York City fan.
  • FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,958
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Lab 41% +3
    Con 27% -3
    Lib Dem 11% +1
    Green 8% -2
    Reform 5% -2

Give up and surrender

Don't expect even Sunak to suddenly be able to turn it round. Boris may well be the last Conservative leader to win a general election majority for the next 10 to 15 years
    This is all about the Big Dog. The Conservative Party can bounce back very quickly.
    That’s the key point for HY and his friends.

If Johnson goes quickly, and someone very different comes in with a big reset, they have some chance of ringfencing the damage to BJ’s personality.

If they let him limp on for months and gather round him and tie themselves to his string of less and less credible excuses, they’ll go down with him.
    But @HYUFD won’t know who he wants to replace Johnson until they have replaced Johnson. Then they will get his 100% support, but not before.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,080
    kle4 said:

Just idly flicked open a copy of Gimson's Prime Ministers, which I was gifted for Christmas, and immediately struck by some of its opening quotes from past PMs.

Attlee:There is one thing about politics that I think cannot be disputed: if a man stays in them long enough, they nearly always reveal him for what he is, and he tends to get not only what he deserves, but to find in his fate the reflection of his own strength and weakness

Never forget...the garden belongs to Number 10, and has nothing to do with Number 11.*

*That one was Archibald Primrose who, of course, we all know was Prime Minister after Gladstone.

The Earl of Rosebery, please.
    5/ Estimate is no more than 20ish letters in - way short of 54 needed

6/ Boris spirits are quite upbeat, per a source by his side this week

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1482106649246638085
  • glwglw Posts: 9,549

We know why Big Dom wasn't sacked immediately now....

When that story broke I said he should be sacked that night. I could not understand why Johnson was so reluctant to ditch him, as politically it would be the easiest and most effective action to take. Well I blooming well know the reason(s) now.
  • darkagedarkage Posts: 4,787

darkage said:

Lying isn't the problem here.
    People complain that all politicians are liars, and lying is part of Johnsons style, somehow he turns it in to a positive.
    The problem is with the egregious lockdown breaches on the part of the people making the rules, whilst everyone else was following the rules and suffering for it. This is what will ultimately ruin Johnson, it isn't just business as usual.

I beg to differ - both are a problem. Of course breaking the rules you make should be enough to bring you down.

But the lying is a huge problem. Not the odd lie - the constant, mendacious lying that Boris does, treating people as utterly stupid and hoping that we can't see through the lies. It's the lying that most people I know object to the most, It's not either/or.
    Lying is part of politics. It is part of life, if you think about it. One example is pretending you don't know about something that you actually do know about, we all do that, at times.

People see parliament as a farce. Government Ministers are engaged in a rhetorical game of stretching the truth to extreme levels, without getting to the point where they 'mislead' parliament.

Johnson just has a way of lying where he makes little pretence to be telling the truth. People find that refreshing.
  • Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,593
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Lab 41% +3
    Con 27% -3
    Lib Dem 11% +1
    Green 8% -2
    Reform 5% -2

Give up and surrender

If Johnson goes quickly, and someone very different comes in with a big reset, they have some chance of ringfencing the damage to BJ’s personality.

If they let him limp on for months and gather round him and tie themselves to his string of less and less credible excuses, they’ll go down with him.
    In terms of their longer term political future, the last thing the Conservative Party needs at this stage is for Johnson just to be allowed to soldier on and be left to meekly announce after the local elections that he's decided that his time is up.

Thatcher's demise was anything but a quiet exit. The Conservative Party managed to rescue itself by the brutal and decisive way she was dragged out of the door, kicking and screaming as she went.

It's an interesting political dynamic though. If one of Johnson's main rivals at this point was the first to act decisively to call on him to go, he or she would get a great deal of political credit for Johnson's demise in terms of wider public opinion. The question is how much their being seen to wield the knife would harm their chances with the Tory members that will determine Johnson's successor as PM, and that's the immediate prize at stake.

edited January 2022
    Scott_xP said:

2/ Lynton Crosby is back. Talked to PM this week, per two sources

3/ Massive calls to Tory MPs drive. Going beyond midnight, per source

4/ Cautious optimism Gray report won’t be damning on what PM knew

The problem with 4) is the best defence Boris has is pleading incompetence or stupidity, and that is always a desperate act from a politician.

Many people won't believe it, and even if they believe it it still weakens him considerably.
  • DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,085

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Lab 41% +3
    Con 27% -3
    Lib Dem 11% +1
    Green 8% -2
    Reform 5% -2

Give up and surrender

Yes, although they will still be facing the headwinds of inflation, tax increases, Brexit and the Covid enquiry.

And they will be carrying the reeks of lobbying corruption, and 'one-rule-for-us' neither of which will entirely dissipate, even if Johnson goes.
    But if you want top jobs, like top jobs in football management, you expect to come in in a crisis, back yourself in your honeymoon period to help get the basics right and from there turn it round. Build something great.

My Dad played for the Minstermen in the 60s. Never got out of the reserves mind you.
  • DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,085
    Scott_xP said:

He’s safe as houses until the next election.
  • Scott_xP said:

"Much of the team", eh? Any notable absences at all?
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited January 2022
    glw said:

When that story broke I said he should be sacked that night. I could not understand why Johnson was so reluctant to ditch him, as politically it would be the easiest and most effective action to take. Well I blooming well know the reason(s) now.
    Well also, presuming Big Dom was the only rule breaker (I know, I know), you sack him, he does some sob story about scared for his children, had had nutters at his home threatening him etc, and in a years time bring him back.

I think how it went down was Big Dom, went f##k no I am not resigning, you lot are on the piss every week, screw the media, tell to f##k off.
    DougSeal said:

Scott_xP said:

He's wobbling. But shifting someone who doesn't want shifting requires political courage and boldness. These are not skills that are encouraged, hence why it is shameless chances who display it more often.
    They keep coming in...

A former minister says: "Johnson is toast...if you were the Chief Whip looking at him you'd say he's not fit to do any other jobs in government, you wouldn't make him a junior minister, he doesn't work hard enough."

Another former minister tells the BBC: "The inbox is horrendous and is not getting better...it's not just the usual suspects - there are long term members saying they feel utter disgust for the prime minister."

One Midlands Red Wall MP says: "The inbox is bad, really bad... there is a recognition now amongst colleagues that this may not be survivable even if Sue Gray clears him. This is self-inflicted and trust is seeping away."

Another Red Waller MP and big Boris Johnson fan says: "The inbox is now comparable with Barnard Castle...if this was anyone else he'd already be done. If he survives I still don't know if that's a good thing? Is it just a slow march to death?"

https://twitter.com/ionewells/status/1482107901317685253
    DougSeal said:

Scott_xP said:

Difficult to see how he lasts another week at this rate. If it was a professional bout the ref would have stepped in at about lunchtime today

HOWEVER, Boris is a pretty shameless chap - as we have seen - and that is to his advantage here. He won't be mortified into leaving. And eventually even Dom Cummings must run out of new revelations and new ways of knifing his old Boss. Can there be much more? We now know they held parties eight times a day, often with nude effigies of the Queen, it cannot get significantly worse

So if he can survive another month maybe he can survive two years. Possibly taking down the entire Tory party alongside him
    7/ Tory whips are watching Truss and Sunak activity with suspicion

8/ Truss held drinks with some Tory MPs in her parli office on Monday

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1482108414536921090
    💥Sue Gray was "completely blindsided" by the latest party revelations and is concerned Downing Street staff are deliberately concealing information from her, @Steven_Swinford reveals
    https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1482108208873361408
    https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1482107224369606661
  • Leon said:

People on the Mail now claiming that THE GREAT TOOTING UFO LIZARD MISSILE has also been seen in Oxford and in Horsham, and elsewhere - today

But NOT in CAMDEN? Sad!
  • DumbosaurusDumbosaurus Posts: 141
    edited January 2022

Secondly - am I the only PBer who does (when well) work in an office where late night drinking is encouraged and normal then? I can assure you it's very common in tech startups.

I have been doing my own early night drinking if this seems incoherent, but:

I'd still like an answer to this from anyone? Is it really percieved as that odd to drink at work? If so I'm very sad as you can look at e.g. old episodes of the bill from before I reached the age of majority where they had whisky in the inspector's draw and everyone would share it. Is that really such a bad thing these days?

We have an unlimited drinks budget during office socials (at least every month). We don't hold them at exclusive west end clubs but bill can still get to over £1000 per head and I assure everyone we're not unusual. But if it sounds it to you that we are, and you like the sound of lots of booze and are either a decent full stack or devops person... we are recruiting (and for home workers too).
    ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

I ain't no aristocrat, and good old Archie Primrose is too good a name to hide behind a title.
  • FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,958

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Lab 41% +3
    Con 27% -3
    Lib Dem 11% +1
    Green 8% -2
    Reform 5% -2

It is now! 😃

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Lab 41% +3
    Con 27% -3
    Lib Dem 11% +1
    Green 8% -2
    Reform 5% -2

Give up and surrender

Have you recovered from Jackie McNamara yet?
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,924

Scott_xP said:

Not much, he's worried about the damage caused to the country and the Tory party.

Although I'm sure he'll laugh like a drain if Boris Johnson's tenure isn't as long as Dave's.
    As long as Dave's? Till 2025?
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

I ain't no aristocrat, and good old Archie Primrose is too good a name to hide behind a title.
    His title Mentmore to him than his name.
    glw said:

We also have a fair idea as to why Covid ran riot through Downing Street that same month.
    9/ Truss drinks drive dubbed ‘Fizz with Liz’ (not necessarily by them)

10/ Truss will be on other side of the world late next week… when Gray report may drop… in Australia

[[ her team deny any leadership drive, pledge loyalty to PM ]]

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1482109643585433605

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Lab 41% +3
    Con 27% -3
    Lib Dem 11% +1
    Green 8% -2
    Reform 5% -2

Give up and surrender

In terms of their longer term political future, the last thing the Conservative Party needs at this stage is for Johnson just to be allowed to soldier on and be left to meekly announce after the local elections that he's decided that his time is up.

Thatcher's demise was anything but a quiet exit. The Conservative Party managed to rescue itself by the brutal and decisive way she was dragged out of the door, kicking and screaming as she went.

It's an interesting political dynamic though. If one of Johnson's main rivals at this point was the first to act decisively to call on him to go, he or she would get a great deal of political credit for Johnson's demise in terms of wider public opinion. The question is how much their being seen to wield the knife would harm their chances with the Tory members that will determine Johnson's successor as PM, and that's the immediate prize at stake.

Everyone knew that Boris had a leading part in bringing down Mrs M
  • glwglw Posts: 9,549

Well also, presuming Big Dom was the only rule breaker (I know, I know), you sack him, he does some sob story about scared for his children, had had nutters at his home threatening him etc, and in a years time bring him back.

I think how it went down was Big Dom, went f##k no I am not resigning, you lot are on the piss every week, screw the media, tell to f##k off.

It does seem very likely that's why he kept him.
  • @Leon if I tell you what it is will you host my wife and I for drinks

Should be "my wife and ME". (Or "me and my wife")
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    Scott_xP said:

💥Sue Gray was "completely blindsided" by the latest party revelations and is concerned Downing Street staff are deliberately concealing information from her, @Steven_Swinford reveals

One hopes she's not carrying out her investigation with the basic presumption that everyone is being scrupulously honest with her.
  • geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,126
    Liz Truss.
    Please no.
    11/ Still no TV / radio clip from Rishi backing Boris, unlike other cab mins

12/ Gray report still expected late next week at earliest but could slip

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1482110604584308736

Scott_xP said:

One hopes she's not carrying out her investigation with the basic presumption that everyone is being scrupulously honest with her.
    If she is, it's going to be even more of a whitewash than Hutton.
    edited January 2022
    Leon said:

The UK has lots of commercial airports shocker.

All you’re proving is how easily people persuade themselves they have seen something unusual.

Lead story on tonight’s BBC London news - highest level of air pollution in London FOR YEARS. Whatever it was, she won’t have seen it clearly.

The QM2 is sailing past my window now, but I can barely see it, despite all the lights as they serve second sitting.
    Exclusive:

* Sue Gray ‘blindsided’ by revelations of No 10 drinks on eve of Prince Philip’s funeral; she’s concerned staff are concealing information

* Official photographer took pictures of leaving party; they were shared on WhatsApp and show staff drinking in background
  • Scott_xP said:

With respect to #5, reckon this is more a hope (by the BoJoians) than a fact?

Also wondering, is a Tory MP (or more than one) going around and gathering letters from honourable friends, so as to bring delivery them in a nice bundle to the head of the 1922 Committee, at the strategic moment?

One thing I recall from diaries of Michael Spicer: that there was a certain amount of skullduggery re: MPs delivering their letters back when IDS was LOTO. With some fearful of being outed in some way, for example by being seen at Spicer's office.
    The view from Swindon: ‘Johnson is going to be replaced’ https://on.ft.com/3rnqrCz
  • TresTres Posts: 2,204
    slade said:

Completely off topic but I just watched Khatia Buniatishvili playing Rachmaninov 2nd piano Concerto. Stunning - watch it on YouTube.

is she the one with the injunction thingy?

Secondly - am I the only PBer who does (when well) work in an office where late night drinking is encouraged and normal then? I can assure you it's very common in tech startups.

I'd still like an answer to this from anyone? Is it really percieved as that odd to drink at work? If so I'm very sad as you can look at e.g. old episodes of the bill from before I reached the age of majority where they had whisky in the inspector's draw and everyone would share it. Is that really such a bad thing these days?

We have an unlimited drinks budget during office socials (at least every month). We don't hold them at exclusive west end clubs but bill can still get to over £1000 per head and I assure everyone we're not unusual. But if it sounds it to you that we are, and you like the sound of lots of booze and are either a decent full stack or devops person... we are recruiting (and for home workers too).
    Never in my experience. Even when I was in sales we would decamp to the pub next door rather than drinking in the workplace.
    Why the #Tories should take a leaf out of the #Queen's book by acting swiftly and decisively. My column this week 👇 #borisjohnson #partygate #princeandrew https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/14/boris-like-prince-andrew-has-become-liability-institution-serve/
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,026
    geoffw said:

Liz Truss.
    Please no.

Liz Truss was very concerned...

BBC News

I hope she likes the wallpaper.
  • stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,777

Jeez. You can still get Johnson gone in 2022 on BF for 1.55.

Better than the bank.

Have you put money down?
    13/ Wide expectation in Gov that Plan B Covid rules will lift in 12 days

14/ We may not see Boris speak in public before PMQs on Wednesday

15/ There will be sackings after Gray - as per… anybody you talk to

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1482111479881023493
  • Scott_xP said:

She's a proper Sherlock Holmes, isn't she? I wonder whether the fact they didn't think to mention wheeling in a suitcase full of cheap plonk and dancing the night away on the eve of Prince Philip's funeral might have been a tiny clue to Sue that possibly she wasn't dealing with a wholly honest operation?
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 15,677
    Scott_xP said:

You do wonder why they didn't after, say party no 3, just ask for another 500 parties to be taken into consideration. How long do they want to drag this out for?
  • Evening,

I understand this might be an unpopular thought, but I half wonder if Cummings should be given some credit for not leaking all this back when he left office.

Had he leaked it, and seeing the outrage at the moment, one would assume the lockdowns wouldn't have held or been as effective. Interesting how things play out really.

Anecdata alert, out with parents in-law their view was the Queen+party thing was the really shocking development, interestingly they didn't know Boris wasn't there. Discussion about last time they had to vote for Boris as they couldn't vote for 'the other one'.

MrB

* Cabinet ministers who publicly backed Boris Johnson are privately saying he is in ‘last chance saloon’

* Johnson being urged by Cabinet ministers to clear out No 10. They say he is being ill-served. Three Cabinet ministers said Rosenfield needs to go

* https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1482111750325555200
  • ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    Scott_xP said:

Exclusive:

* Sue Gray ‘blindsided’ by revelations of No 10 drinks on eve of Prince Philip’s funeral; she’s concerned staff are concealing information

* Official photographer took pictures of leaving party; they were shared on WhatsApp and show staff drinking in background

How f**king thick do you have to be to invite an official photographer to your lawbreaking party.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,127
    Scott_xP said:

9/ Truss drinks drive dubbed ‘Fizz with Liz’ (not necessarily by them)

10/ Truss will be on other side of the world late next week… when Gray report may drop… in Australia

[[ her team deny any leadership drive, pledge loyalty to PM ]]

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1482109643585433605

Sunak needs to seize the crown now or forever have regrets.

Perhaps he should put a call into David Miliband for advice?

• MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,026

Scott_xP said:

I hope he falls short of Theresa.
    edited January 2022
    Chameleon said:

Scott_xP said:

Exclusive:

How f**king thick do you have to be to invite an official photographer to your lawbreaking party.
    Wasn't the official photographer the one leaving?
  • Scott_xP said:

* Cabinet ministers who publicly backed Boris Johnson are privately saying he is in ‘last chance saloon’

* Johnson being urged by Cabinet ministers to clear out No 10. They say he is being ill-served. Three Cabinet ministers said Rosenfield needs to go

"Drinking in the last chance saloon" is an interesting idiom to use.
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,019
    kle4 said:

Anger and piss taking,

It's a great gag in this context because it's a way of subtly having a dig at the Sun's reticence to go hard on this story.
  • ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886

Chameleon said:

Scott_xP said:

Exclusive:

Wasn't the official photographer the one leaving?
    Potentially, I assumed that this was referring to the leaving party for the person who left a month prior to the Sun.
  • Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,517
    edited January 2022
    Apparently, Tory MPs have been told by the Whips that this weekend they should go back to their constituencies and prepare for defeat.
    IanB2 said:

Leon said:

The UK has lots of commercial airports shocker.

All you’re proving is how easily people persuade themselves they have seen something unusual.

Lead story on tonight’s BBC London news - highest level of air pollution in London FOR YEARS. Whatever it was, she won’t have seen it clearly.

The QM2 is sailing past my window now, but I can barely see it, despite all the lights as they serve second sitting.
    Do you somehow think I am unaware of this?!

What interests me is how a story with such little substance - to be frank - can develop a narrative of its own volition. We are a story-telling species, and we love UFOs

The three most recent comments:

"Peregrinne, hungerford, United Kingdom, less than a minute ago

There were two lights and contrails hanging vertically high in the sky at just after sun rise over here this morning. We all saw them. They did not move like a normal plane."

"Glitzy, Addlestone, United Kingdom, 2 minutes ago

I too saw this as well and had to pull the car over to watch it. For a moment I thought it was a meteor or something. Very strange indeed."

"K8driver, Midlands, United Kingdom, about a minute ago

The aircraft explanation does seem feasible until you compare the dimensions and form of what would have to be a vapour trail with the object at the head of that trail.... an odd dark smudge with no obvious aircraft shape and no evidence of wings or source points for a trail of that density.... so most likely a daytime sighting of re-entering space junk debris. The pattern of movement ... from the brief video content shown... does not indicate, on the face of it, UAP type behaviour, or any of the 5 observables.. apart from no obvious lift producing surfaces etc."

I appreciate this might just be me but why does the uncouth fucker always have to put his feet on the desk?

"Boris Johnson puts his feet up in a photograph taken at 10 Downing Street on December 23 2020"
  • kjhkjh Posts: 10,565
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Lab 41% +3
    Con 27% -3
    Lib Dem 11% +1
    Green 8% -2
    Reform 5% -2

Give up and surrender

Cummings is just the messanger.
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Scott_xP said:

Difficult to see how he lasts another week at this rate. If it was a professional bout the ref would have stepped in at about lunchtime today

HOWEVER, Boris is a pretty shameless chap - as we have seen - and that is to his advantage here. He won't be mortified into leaving. And eventually even Dom Cummings must run out of new revelations and new ways of knifing his old Boss. Can there be much more? We now know they held parties eight times a day, often with nude effigies of the Queen, it cannot get significantly worse

So if he can survive another month maybe he can survive two years. Possibly taking down the entire Tory party alongside him
    He wont be facing PMQs on Wed. It is over imho.

When Tory MPs return from the wall of burning hell fire that is their association weekend meetings they will know what is to be done.
    edited January 2022

I appreciate this might just be me but why does the uncouth fucker always have to put his feet on the desk?

"Boris Johnson puts his feet up in a photograph taken at 10 Downing Street on December 23 2020"

Beverages in shot...

What a general pig sty the place is.
  • FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775

Leon said:

But NOT in CAMDEN? Sad!
    I think Leon is a bit more Barking than Camden.
    So "Operation Save Big Dog" boils down to "someone else did it and ran away"

The story of his entire fucking life.

If they fall for it again, they deserve to lose for a generation

All male politicians do this. It is an alpha male thing. Asserting dominance

Blair was notorious for it - seriously
    Scott_xP said:

Is that "...clear out No 10" or "...clear out of No 10"?
  • Re: polling posted above by OGH, reminds me of when WA Gov Mike Lowry was on the ropes in 1995, due to accusations of sexual harassment. Just before he announced he was NOT running for a second term, his "should Mike Lowry be re-elected" number was down to just 19%

I note that Boris Johnson is only 5 percentage-points above that mark, not factoring margin of error whatever it is for this poll.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,474
    Tres said:

slade said:

Completely off topic but I just watched Khatia Buniatishvili playing Rachmaninov 2nd piano Concerto. Stunning - watch it on YouTube.

is she the one with the injunction thingy?

Never in my experience. Even when I was in sales we would decamp to the pub next door rather than drinking in the workplace.
    We used to have a hospital pub, quite busy early evening, but those days ended a decade or two ago.
  • kjhkjh Posts: 10,565

HYUFD said:

Chameleon said:

Scott_xP said:

Thoughts and prayers with Rees-Mogg tonight. Fucking twat.

Losing his seat on UNS in the latest poll.
    Not after the boundary changes which move some LD and Labour wards nearer Bath in his seat to Frome.

After boundary changes Electoral Calculus predicts a majority for Rees Mogg even now of 11% in his slightly more rural seat of Keynsham and North East Somerset

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcgi-bin/calcwork23.py?seat=Keynsham and North East Somerset

Currently it forecasts only a 6% majority for NE Somerset on present boundaries

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcgi-bin/seatdetails.py?seat=Somerset+North+East
    If Labour and the Lib Dems can’t arrange tactical voting to unseat JRM, they need their arses kicked.
    They will need their arses kicked then because Labour will struggle to win from 2nd place unless it is a massive landslide whereas the LDs can win from 3rd, but Labour won't give them a free run because they will hope to win possibly letting JRM hold on.
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,287

Leon said:
    Airplane contrail caught in the setting Sun.

What else have you got?
    Aeroplane.
    edited January 2022
    Leon said:

All male politicians do this. It is an alpha male thing. Asserting dominance

Blair was notorious for it - seriously
    Yeah - I think you're right. It's just a personal hang-up of mine, I guess.
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,019

Maybe he thinks that's what desks are for? Weirdly high footrests.

It's not like he uses them to work on like ordinary people.
    kle4 said:

Anger and piss taking,

Turn off the fridge would have been more apposite.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,924
    Thinking now. If you're Sue Gray how do you play this?
    You're clearly being set up. A whitewash is what you're paid to come up with.
    But. No bugger in their right mind is going to believe it outside the Tory Party.
    You're going to be hounded and ridiculed if you produce that. She didn't sign up for that.
    However. You simply can't say the Big Dog is a bone idle, mendacious arse who shouldn't be running the fags and lotto kiosk at ASDA.
    So. Why not announce now? Sheer weight of new evidence means I am unable to report for many months. Interviews, witnesses have right to be heard, etc., etc.
    Puts the ball back in MP's court.
    Foxy said:

We used to have a hospital pub, quite busy early evening, but those days ended a decade or two ago.

The pub closest to the old Edinburgh Royal Infirmary was simply called Doctors
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Ok, someone needs to talk me through why 1.55 on Boris to be gone this year isn't an absolutely stonking value bet. What is the counter narrative?
    dixiedean said:

Thinking now. If you're Sue Gray how do you play this?
    You're clearly being set up. A whitewash is what you're paid to come up with.
    But. No bugger in their right mind is going to believe it outside the Tory Party.
    You're going to be hounded and ridiculed if you produce that. She didn't sign up for that.
    However. You simply can't say the Big Dog is a bone idle, mendacious arse who shouldn't be running the fags and lotto kiosk at ASDA.
    So. Why not announce now? Sheer weight of new evidence means I am unable to report for many months. Interviews, witnesses have right to be heard, etc., etc.
    Puts the ball back in MP's court.

Or hand it to the Met
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,474
    Scott_xP said:

.having a few swift ones for the road...
  • geoffw said:

Liz Truss.
    Please no.

Liz Truss was very concerned...

BBC News

I hope she likes the wallpaper.
    Among first things next PM will do, regardless of party or anything else, is tear down that fucking Turkish whorehouse wallpaper and haul it to the dump where it belongs.
    Prime Minister, try this new cocktail.

It's called a P45
This discussion has been closed.