Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Can anyone explain the mindset of anti-vaxxers like this? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    edited December 2021
    londoneye said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

by the way many antivaxxers genuinely believe the vaccine will harm them...you may denounce this belief as silly...but when you try to force the vaccine on such people things get volatile

Anyone got that list of anti-vaxxers who died from Covid handy?
    its what they believe they genuinely believe the vaccine will harm them...and of course many of the antivaxxers who died from covid were obese
    Why do they ignore that in the UK, over 50 million people have not died from vaccine or turned into Repitilians?

Anti-vaxxers are making a choice and part of that is to ignore the facts that the vaccine protects against covid.
    there are theories circulating in antivaxx circles that the vax turns your immune system into that of an aids patient hence the constant push for boosters...thats what these people believe
    And it is clearly complete cr*p because we do not have 2 or 3 billion more AIDS suffers than we had 3 years ago.

The anti-vaxx people are basically going round assaulting people by giving them a virus that can produce physical harm or even death. They are like Drunk Drivers - they may not mean to kill or injure, but their irresponsible actions led to life-changing outcomes for their victims.

Why should anti-vaxxers be treated any different from drunk drivers?
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

That crowd looks a lot whiter and less vegan than your average anti-vaxxers.

The particular class of immature minds in the header, based on the bobble hats, placards, and fear is control strike me as hard left, lefty libertarians, likely readers of spiked which pander to their immature undeveloped brains.

Like their fellow idiots who stormed the capitol building they are daft enough to show their faces, so hit them through the courts of our democratic society.
    You can tell they are lefties by looking at them?
    It’s interesting. The more I can get into politics the more I can quickly spot which house in my memory city their fellow travellers are in, and second guess them on a range of issues.

I think it’s because I really want to. I really want to pigeon hole them all in different houses on different streets.

The left and right libertarians I have living on libertarian street, on different sides of the road, because they would both agree with the stunt in the header, but go to war over other points of view. And the part of town I have them both living in is the one where due to personality disorder, they struggle to grow up and have matured and balanced points of view.

It’s the same with posters to this site. Some are being constructive and trying to learn themselves - others just post intellectually immature or unnecessarily provoking things in a look at me look at me motivation.

For example, I second guessed my brother and mother would be of gizzlanes maxwell side before they said “they took the money off them, knew what they were getting into, came back for more, now years later claim abuse - the black widows”
    One of the many reasons I love this site is that you'll every so often get a totally counter-intuitive post from someone who confounds your preconceptions with their opinions on some issue or another.
    Apart from @IshmaelZ, of course. For whom it is routine.
    I don’t really understand what you mean, if complement or not.

Lecturers told me at college I was good at understanding the politics of art and what’s going on around me, but no one else was reading spectator and prospect and newspapers and watching tv news, they got it all from internet, so it wasn’t saying much. If people here I respect and like like yourself start saying same it will be a bit scary.

Certainly if someone is painted on their land with their house behind them, in their best clothes and jewels with their wife in the same, and their prize bull, its saying something. It’s very sociological and psychological, I can wax lyrical in essays about what I think is going on.

The people in the header can be analysed in the same way.
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

The particular class of immature minds in the header, based on the bobble hats, placards, and fear is control strike me as hard left, lefty libertarians, likely readers of spiked which pander to their immature undeveloped brains.

Like their fellow idiots who stormed the capitol building they are daft enough to show their faces, so hit them through the courts of our democratic society.
    Why would lefties be reading a far-right website like Spiked?
    I think Spiked regard themselves as left wing libertarians. They come across, to me, more like right-libertarian contrarians, though.
    Spiked are simply Tankies. They used to be apologists for the Soviets, now they are apologists for Putin.
    I await, with some interest, their reaction to Putin sending.... er... tanks into more of Ukraine.
    Broadly, they are in favour...

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/12/15/russia-is-not-the-aggressor-here/
    That's a hilariously mad screed there.
    "Russia doesn't want NATO on its borders, that's why it's moved its border westwards, encompassing part of Ukraine and may do so again." Tragic, preposterous nonsense from spiked.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Another revelatory evening when PB's overwhelmingly white male middle class well off contributors opine on why black and ethnic minority people might or might not get vaccinated.

(And please Google to see how this is in fact the case.)

I think what we all need to know from you is how many black and ethnic minority mountaineers there are.
    Well I think as an Englishman I would think there there are very many people from ethnic minorities who for example ascend Everest, despite the focus being on the white ones.

Edit: but LOL touche anyway. :smile:
    Why would a Nepalese ascending Everest count as an ethnic minority ?
    "As an Englishman..."
    As an Englishman you'd be in the minority if you travelled to Nepal.

Or is this another immigrant/expat thing?
  • Options

londoneye said:

Foxy said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

we all have to remember a huge proportion of antivaxxers are from ethnic minorities. Many posters on here seem tobadvocate persecuting these people. Im not suggesting these posters are racist but its not a good look

True, I'm in favour persecuting ethnic minorities.
    so you are outing yourself as a racist then...there are others too like leon who in his fervour to punish the unvaxxed while i am sure he is not racist does not seem to respect cultural sensitivities
    There's a notable absence of any ethnic minorities in the anti-vaxx video posted in the header to this thread.
    Just far-right twats.
    What are Piers Corbyns politics?
    i would say piers corbyn is to the left of jeremy on economic issues...but not on things like climate change
    He holds the old Soviet view of the environment.

Funny that.
    yeah, that's quite obvious.

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited December 2021
    I can't even come up with anything to say about this thread it just has to be seen to be believed....Basically, John Madden was a racist plantation owner, because he put his name to a popular computer game that featured black people.

"I have lots of opinions on John Madden. The creation of the Madden video game was not a great development for the U.S. It further glamorized violence and dehumanized Black athletes, helping to establish plantation cosplay that has grown worse in the era of fantasy football."

https://twitter.com/admcgregor85/status/1476009132167737352?s=20

Parts of the US have seriously jumped the shark.
  • Options

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

by the way many antivaxxers genuinely believe the vaccine will harm them...you may denounce this belief as silly...but when you try to force the vaccine on such people things get volatile

its what they believe they genuinely believe the vaccine will harm them...and of course many of the antivaxxers who died from covid were obese
    Why do they ignore that in the UK, over 50 million people have not died from vaccine or turned into Repitilians?

Anti-vaxxers are making a choice and part of that is to ignore the facts that the vaccine protects against covid.
    there are theories circulating in antivaxx circles that the vax turns your immune system into that of an aids patient hence the constant push for boosters...thats what these people believe
    And it is clearly complete cr*p because we do not have 2 or 3 billion more AIDS suffers than we had 3 years ago.

The anti-vaxx people are basically going round assaulting people by giving them a virus that can produce physical harm or even death. They are like Drunk Drivers - they may not mean to kill or injure, but their irresponsible actions led to life-changing outcomes for their victims.

you see this attitude turns the antiva xers more agressive and belligerent..your attitude is not helpful and seems borne out of fear...how about some love and understanding
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Their magazine claims 30 million dead from the vaccine.
    They remind me of Dr. Evil.
    Scott Evil: Why not just shoot them?
    I think if 3/5ths of the UK population had suddenly died, we would have noticed...
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,966
    Not sure the Deputy Leader of For Britain would welcome being described as a Lefty or a Libertarian.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,189

Ghislaine Maxwell is always described as a 'socialite'.

Is 'socialite' a portmanteau of 'social' and 'parasite' ?

Which reminds me. Mrs P and I gave up on A Very British Scandal after two episodes because we decided we really couldn't give a shit about any of the characters in it. They were all a bunch of idle, rich, lying, upper class whiners.
    You made one more episode than me.....

Incidentally, the Good Lady Wife's uncle and aunt were regular visitors to Inverary Castle at the time of the events covered. Her uncle was a good friend of the Duke. Her uncle and aunt were ribbed constantly about staying in the same bedroom. About the only people there who slept with their partner....
    The final episode was far less dreary than two, which was better than the first, that one went on for an absolute eternity.

Nonetheless this old man found Claire Foy very easy on the eye.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    londoneye said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Whereas there are theories circulating about the anti-vaxxers that NOT having the vaccine turns your brain into something that carbon dates back to the 12th century......
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,404

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Another revelatory evening when PB's overwhelmingly white male middle class well off contributors opine on why black and ethnic minority people might or might not get vaccinated.

I think what we all need to know from you is how many black and ethnic minority mountaineers there are.
    Well I think as an Englishman I would think there there are very many people from ethnic minorities who for example ascend Everest, despite the focus being on the white ones.

"As an Englishman..."
    As an Englishman you'd be in the minority if you travelled to Nepal.

Or is this another immigrant/expat thing?
    At this point I must plug https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ascent_of_Rum_Doodle - the best account of extreme climbing in the Himalayas ever written.
  • Options

ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

I think Spiked regard themselves as left wing libertarians. They come across, to me, more like right-libertarian contrarians, though.
    Yes. Claire Fox is the archetypal Spiked-ite. Used to be extreme left, IRA sympathising. Now in the House of Lords (thanks Boris) as a right-libertarian, contrarian Brexit lover.
    so what you're saying is Spiked is nether one thing or the other.

right?

right .. ?
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

Spiked are simply Tankies. They used to be apologists for the Soviets, now they are apologists for Putin.
    I await, with some interest, their reaction to Putin sending.... er... tanks into more of Ukraine.

"Russia doesn't want NATO on its borders, that's why it's moved its border westwards, encompassing part of Ukraine and may do so again." Tragic, preposterous nonsense from spiked.
    That's all they print.
    Some think it is a speaker of truth to power. It's bollocks and worse, simplistic bollocks at that.
  • Options

I can't even come up with anything to say about this thread it just has to be seen to be believed....Basically, John Madden was a racist plantation owner, because he put his name to a computer game that featured black people.

"I have lots of opinions on John Madden. The creation of the Madden video game was not a great development for the U.S. It further glamorized violence and dehumanized Black athletes, helping to establish plantation cosplay that has grown worse in the era of fantasy football."

Whisky Tango Foxtrot.

He seems to view the entirety of US "football" as being nothing but violence.

As a Games Workshop fan I used to love Blood Bowl, their "Nuffle" inspired NFL rip-off, but he seems to think that's actually real-life.
  • Options
    londoneye said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

you see this attitude turns the antiva xers more agressive and belligerent..your attitude is not helpful and seems borne out of fear...how about some love and understanding
    I should love them while they run around killing and harming people? Why?

BTW - since you seem to be a fervent defender of them, would you like to tell us if you are jabbed / boosted?
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Farooq said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

That's all they print.
    Some think it is a speaker of truth to power. It's bollocks and worse, simplistic bollocks at that.
    In this case they are recycling the classic tankie argument from '56
  • Options

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

Mick Hume who set it up previous gig was Living Marxism Magazine. There’s libertarian crossover on somethings, sharing juvenile contrarian isms but disagreement amongst left right libertarians on other things. That’s how I pigeonholed them. Living on opposite side of same street.

It gets more fun when you place the street into correct part of town, does libertarian thoughts arise from religious conflict? Is it part of town where everyone’s psychology is flawed in that they have too much ego?

I don’t want to come across like the bomb on dark star, but this is fun.

I also have this theory you can pigeon hole people correctly simply by what art they enjoy.

Pinback: All right, bomb. Prepare to receive new orders.
    Bomb#20: You are false data.
    Pinback: Hmmm?
    Bomb #20: Therefore I shall ignore you.
    Pinback: Hello... bomb?
    Bomb #20: False data can act only as a distraction. Therefore, I shall refuse to perceive.
    Pinback: Hey, bomb?
    Bomb #20: The only thing that exists is myself.
    Pinback: Snap out of it, bomb.
    That’s it. LOL. It says, this is fun.

Where do they get name pin back? At college we used them for exhibition labels for the guides. “Where’s the pinback box?”
  • Options
    I need to go and open some bottles.

I leave you all, with this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HO70-Rk3jE

the best Star Wars film ever made.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Nepal is a multi-ethnic country and many Nepalis are members of an ethnic minority. In fact I'm not sure if there is any one ethic group that is a majority.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    TOPPING said:

Black and ethnic minority people in this country have much higher vaccination rates than those same ethnic groups do in the countries where they aren't minorities.

Is that due to racism, too? It might still - possibly - still be a supply issue, but that argument won't hold up for very much longer, if at all.
  • Options

Which reminds me. Mrs P and I gave up on A Very British Scandal after two episodes because we decided we really couldn't give a shit about any of the characters in it. They were all a bunch of idle, rich, lying, upper class whiners.

Incidentally, the Good Lady Wife's uncle and aunt were regular visitors to Inverary Castle at the time of the events covered. Her uncle was a good friend of the Duke. Her uncle and aunt were ribbed constantly about staying in the same bedroom. About the only people there who slept with their partner....
    The final episode was far less dreary than two, which was better than the first, that one went on for an absolute eternity.

The pacing of A Very British Scandal was very uneven and the series mentioned but did not address the mystery of the headless man (or men) which is the only reason anyone was ever interested in the scandal. Without that, it was three episodes of two deeply unpleasant aristocrats doing deeply unpleasant things to each other. The saga would probably have been better addressed by a documentary.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Not sure the Deputy Leader of For Britain would welcome being described as a Lefty or a Libertarian.

Brilliant. You are now bringing Nationalism into the picture.
  • Options
    It has gone midnight and we are still here. Huzzah for @rcs1000 (and boo for not having this scheduled).
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Nationalism has been in the vaccination picture from day one. Sorry if you've only just realised this.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,992

I remember seeing that in '95 or so. Thought it was absolutely brilliantly done.
  • Options

I’ve got a huge crush on her today!

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750

rcs1000 said:

Errr... PB may be down temporarily, as I've just realised that I haven't renewed our SSL certificate and it expires in... 58 minutes...

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I shall be seeking a refund of my subs.

Oh...

It has gone midnight and we are still here. Huzzah for @rcs1000 (and boo for not having this scheduled).

Damn, that means the subs are back on.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

I think if 3/5ths of the UK population had suddenly died, we would have noticed...
    For clarity. That is worldwide.
    Still reckon someone other than them may have spotted it.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

rcs1000 said:

Errr... PB may be down temporarily, as I've just realised that I haven't renewed our SSL certificate and it expires in... 58 minutes...

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I shall be seeking a refund of my subs.

Oh...

Damn, that means the subs are back on.
    I should bloody hope so. I didn't pay for platinum membership for nothing.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

That is where Boris has been for the past 10 days burying all the dead from the booster campaign....
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    edited December 2021

I can't even come up with anything to say about this thread it just has to be seen to be believed....Basically, John Madden was a racist plantation owner, because he put his name to a popular computer game that featured black people.

That's a rather convoluted method of someone seeking a reuse of the ridiculous old trope of 'It were the fault of videogames' that we last got a resurgence of when GTA was released.

It was unbelievably dumb then, but extending it from cartooney violence to a sports franchise's impact on racism, well, even the out of touch old fogeys of the 90s would have balked at that.

I feel like I've lost 15 IQ points just from reading it, and I didn't have as many to spare as I'd like anyway.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

That is where Boris has been for the past 10 days burying all the dead from the booster campaign....
    I for one hope that everybody else in the UK dies leaving only the Nepalese immigrants.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

The website is still here, but due to late cert renewal it's been taken over by spiked.
    All articles henceforth are to be written by Piers Corbyn. All hail our new overlord!
    Blah, blah Metropolitan elite. Blah, blah Labour out of touch. Blah, blah EU oppression of the working class. Blah, blah identity politics poisons kids, blah, blah I'm a Marxist so I should be in the House of Lords as an advisor to the Tory Party, blah, blah why is everyone else just thicker than me?

Will this do? Or is it too coherent?
  • Options

The pacing of A Very British Scandal was very uneven and the series mentioned but did not address the mystery of the headless man (or men) which is the only reason anyone was ever interested in the scandal. Without that, it was three episodes of two deeply unpleasant aristocrats doing deeply unpleasant things to each other. The saga would probably have been better addressed by a documentary.
    I did check out Wikipedia to pass the time during episode one, and avail myself of the headless man. Duncan Sandys or Douglas Fairbanks Jnr were suggested. Although Lady Colin Campbell confirmed in 2013 he was, rather disappointingly, someone called Bill Lyons, the Sales Director for Pan Am.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Nationalism has been in the vaccination picture from day one. Sorry if you've only just realised this.
    We never seem to agree Farooq! Not the bigger picture, the anti jabber picture, picture
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Farooq said:

The website is still here, but due to late cert renewal it's been taken over by spiked.
    All articles henceforth are to be written by Piers Corbyn. All hail our new overlord!
    Blah, blah Metropolitan elite. Blah, blah Labour out of touch. Blah, blah EU oppression of the working class. Blah, blah identity politics poisons kids, blah, blah I'm a Marxist so I should be in the House of Lords as an advisor to the Tory Party, blah, blah why is everyone else just thicker than me?

Will this do? Or is it too coherent?
    Way too coherent. You used upper case and punctuation which are giveaways! ;)
  • Options

I did check out Wikipedia to pass the time during episode one, and avail myself of the headless man. Duncan Sandys or Douglas Fairbanks Jnr were suggested. Although Lady Colin Campbell confirmed in 2013 he was, rather disappointingly, someone called Bill Lyons, the Sales Director for Pan Am.
    Got himself some TWA tea.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Nigelb said:

Hard to disagree.
    … The local Tory MP Ben Everitt described the protesters as “dickheads” and urged anyone with information to contact police…

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/29/anti-vaxxers-denounce-covid-testing-centre-in-freedom-march-through-milton-keynes
    … Confused anti-vaccine protesters entered a test-and-trace centre in Milton Keynes on Wednesday, appearing to believe it was a coronavirus vaccine centre, where they were filmed shouting abuse at staff and appearing to steal equipment...

Freedom ?
    They taking away people's freedom to test.
    And they are doing it through fear.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    kle4 said:

That's a rather convoluted method of someone seeking a reuse of the ridiculous old trope of 'It were the fault of videogames' that we last got a resurgence of when GTA was released.

It was unbelievably dumb then, but extending it from cartooney violence to a sports franchise's impact on racism, well, even the out of touch old fogeys of the 90s would have balked at that.

I feel like I've lost 15 IQ points just from reading it, and I didn't have as many to spare as I'd like anyway.
    The guy is clearly a total tool....i mean he rates Die Hard as his 5th favourite Christmas movie.....we all know its clearly #1 ;-)
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

BTW - since you seem to be a fervent defender of them, would you like to tell us if you are jabbed / boosted?
    I don't know why you even bothered asking.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    BBC News - Covid: Nightingale surge hubs to be set up in eight hospitals, NHS England says
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59823652
  • Options
    RobD said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

I don't know why you even bothered asking.
    It seemed the easiest way to stop the stream of self-pitying drivel that they were posting.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,385
    edited December 2021

A bit like Watergate's Deep Throat being Mark wossname whom no-one had heard of.

One thing A Very British Scandal did show, though blink and you've missed it, was the Duchess refusing to defend herself on the grounds that many of her male escorts were gay (which was illegal back then).
  • Options

ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

Yes. Claire Fox is the archetypal Spiked-ite. Used to be extreme left, IRA sympathising. Now in the House of Lords (thanks Boris) as a right-libertarian, contrarian Brexit lover.
    Claire Fox is evil.

She celebrated the murder of British civilians at the hands of terrorists. And she has never truly apologized for that. She should never have been ennobled by Boris Johnson.
  • Options

BBC News - Covid: Nightingale surge hubs to be set up in eight hospitals, NHS England says

Nah no problem at all. Just live with the virus
  • Options

Bit of an over reaction to a mild cold.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Maybe we will agree on something one day. What about my theory Libertarianism came from the furnace of Religious conflict?

Libertarianism born in blood of Religious conflict?
    Bare with me.
    Which libertarian boxes does Martin Luther tick.

Contrarian. Yep.
    Big look at me look at me ego? Yep.
    People taking back control from bureaucracy and authority. Yep.

Can you tell me I am wrong? I have Martin Luther pigeon holed living in Libertarians street reading spiked on subscription from local corner shop. And I’m Church of England not Catholic 🙂

And this also neatly squares the circle with Qanon?

The original people behind QAnon theories right wing or left wing. Definitely lefties! Why? Because they used Q. They knew exactly what they were doing by the meaning of Q. Each time they see someone spouting their mad ideas and believing it, they are laughing their arses off.

Listen. This is important. We need to see the people who subscribe to QAnon theories as being very very unfortunate victims here. They have been massively set up by piss taking lefties. We must stop laughing at them now and feel for them. 😕
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Isn't the best Star Wars film ever made the one that completely edits out Jar-jar Binks?
  • Options

Nah no problem at all. Just live with the virus
    Isn't this part of living with it? If it's around forever that means there are going to be more respiratory cases in hospital each winter.
  • Options

A bit like Watergate's Deep Throat being Mark wossname whom no-one had heard of.

One thing A Very British Scandal did show, though blink and you've missed it, was the Duchess refusing to defend herself on the grounds that many of her male escorts were gay (which was illegal back then).
    Isn't watergate the story of the FBI bringing down a sitting president?
  • Options

Isn't the best Star Wars film ever made the one that completely edits out Jar-jar Binks?
    Are you sure he's not the central character, the puppeteer?
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Maybe we will agree on something one day. What about my theory Libertarianism came from the furnace of Religious conflict?

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

Can you tell me I am wrong? I have Martin Luther pigeon holed living in Libertarians street reading spiked on subscription from local corner shop. And I’m Church of England not Catholic 🙂

The original people behind QAnon theories right wing or left wing. Definitely lefties! Why? Because they used Q. They knew exactly what they were doing by the meaning of Q. Each time they see someone spouting their mad ideas and believing it, they are laughing their arses off.

Listen. This is important. We need to see the people who subscribe to QAnon theories as being very very unfortunate victims here. They have been massively set up by piss taking lefties. We must stop laughing at them now and feel for them. 😕
    I always thought your posts were bizarre.
    But that truly excels.
    Brilliant. You were being rude after all 🙂
  • Options

Rather a lot of male entitlement was flying around too. The implication was the judge was a chum of Ian's.
  • Options

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

If you read the Bible and some of the scenarios it outlines and creatures it describes, then it is no wonder that fervently religious types fall for the QAnon guff. Some sections of the Bible give the impression that the author was on LSD or magic mushrooms.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

dixiedean said:

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

But that truly excels.
    I occasionally affectionately josh.
    Just noticed Claire Foy = Claire Fox could be simplified into a simultaneous equation.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    From what I can tell from the reporting, there was a complete lack of remorse from Ms Maxwell.

Chilling.
  • Options
    BREAKING: U.S. reports 484,377 new coronavirus cases, setting world record
  • Options
    On topic having been working all evening.

I have to say I am almost relieved these fuckwits are protesting outside test and trace centres. It makes a change from trying to terrify children by protesting outside our local schools with banners telling the students that their teachers and parents were trying to murder them by giving them the vaccines. We have come close to proper punch-ups with them a few months ago.

• Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

But that truly excels.
    I occasionally affectionately josh.
    Just noticed Claire Foy = Claire Fox could be simplified into a simultaneous equation.
    Don’t you dare Dixy! 😠

One Claire Angel, the other horrible horrible.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

If you read the Bible and some of the scenarios it outlines and creatures it describes, then it is no wonder that fervently religious types fall for the QAnon guff. Some sections of the Bible give the impression that the author was on LSD or magic mushrooms.
    Maybe they actually were.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sacred_Mushroom_and_the_Cross

Can you see now why whoever started Qanon nonsense was very aware of what Luther Blissett was doing? They copied it in a real Q conspiracy. Without knowing who really kicked off Qanon crazy conspiracy and why, can you really discount my theory it’s intellectual lefties behind it? Because everyone outside the circle who choose to believe it consider them not just stupid, but dangerous a bit too. And that does untold damage to them credibility. If they ever have a good point on something say political, they can’t have a coalition on it because of how they are seen. In fact their very existence wakes up and galvanises their opponents. Just like the politics Luther Blissett describes.

QAnon followers, good to laugh at? Chilling? Or useful idiots controlled by the left?

Maybe it’s because I take my Christianity very seriously, because I do feel sorry for them, because I am convinced they are being had and used as stooges by opposing political operators.

You see how it ties in with this thread? The very nature of every political transaction - from the first flower embracing the bee to the very last diatribe from Martin Luther (that was largely anti Semitic).

Jonny Rotten at last Pistols gig as the lights go out. Ever felt you’ve been had?
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    In relation to the whole 'omicron outcompeting delta' thing, nice quote for Ishmael from someone who most definitely does not know what they are talking about:

"And Nathan Grubaugh, a public health researcher at the Yale School of Public Health, said he was observing the same pattern in Connecticut. “We are seeing omicron exponentially rise while delta cases are falling,” he said. “This suggests to me that omicron is outcompeting delta for susceptible individuals, leaving them less susceptible to delta in the aftermath and driving down delta cases.”"

• Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,178

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

Can you see now why whoever started Qanon nonsense was very aware of what Luther Blissett was doing? They copied it in a real Q conspiracy. Without knowing who really kicked off Qanon crazy conspiracy and why, can you really discount my theory it’s intellectual lefties behind it? Because everyone outside the circle who choose to believe it consider them not just stupid, but dangerous a bit too. And that does untold damage to them credibility. If they ever have a good point on something say political, they can’t have a coalition on it because of how they are seen. In fact their very existence wakes up and galvanises their opponents. Just like the politics Luther Blissett describes.

QAnon followers, good to laugh at? Chilling? Or useful idiots controlled by the left?

Maybe it’s because I take my Christianity very seriously, because I do feel sorry for them, because I am convinced they are being had and used as stooges by opposing political operators.

You see how it ties in with this thread? The very nature of every political transaction - from the first flower embracing the bee to the very last diatribe from Martin Luther (that was largely anti Semitic).

Jonny Rotten at last Pistols gig as the lights go out. Ever felt you’ve been had?
    This Luther Blissett business is most odd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Blissett_(pseudonym)
  • Options
    Taz said:

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

Wait: I thought Luther Blissett was a Watford and England footballer?
  • Options
    "My biggest worry now is China. Omicron will get there. Locally used vaccines have low effectiveness against Omicron. That's real danger, also for world economy".
    🇩🇪's most prominent virologist @c_drosten (until now mostly positive on 🇨🇳 covid response).
    sueddeutsche.de/gesundheit/cor…

https://twitter.com/thorstenbenner/status/1475918283689840648?s=21
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Taz said:

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

Yes, he was.
  • Options
    Taz said:

rcs1000 said:

Taz said:

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

Yes, he was.
    Ok, that's really cleared things up. Thanks.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,627
    "Omicron’s lower death rate ‘can usher in end of Covid epidemic’" (£)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/omicrons-lower-death-rate-can-usher-in-end-of-covid-epidemic-zxzv3j8pv
  • Options
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Taz said:

rcs1000 said:

Taz said:

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

Yes, he was.
    Ok, that's really cleared things up. Thanks.
    It appears his name was also taken by various artists and activists for various pranks, japes and stunts too.
  • Options
    Impressed by Royal Mail over PCR test - requested in the afternoon, delivered following morning. Dropped off at post box in the afternoon - signed for at the lab at 1am. Let’s see how long result takes.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,609
    Interesting week ahead for Andrew.

Epstein settlement with accuser who filed lawsuit against Prince Andrew to be made public
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/587680-epstein-settlement-with-accuser-who-filed-lawsuit-against-prince-andrew
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Epstein settlement with accuser who filed lawsuit against Prince Andrew to be made public
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/587680-epstein-settlement-with-accuser-who-filed-lawsuit-against-prince-andrew

It doesn’t look good for him.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,990
    Andy_JS said:

"Omicron’s lower death rate ‘can usher in end of Covid epidemic’" (£)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/omicrons-lower-death-rate-can-usher-in-end-of-covid-epidemic-zxzv3j8pv

Mornin' all! Not the end of the epidemic, but, perhaps, the end of the panic, and substantial reduction in control measures.

On topic, found a sticker on one of our Council notice boards the other day with some rubbish about not injecting 'untried' vaccines.
    Fortunately it peeled off easily, so I was able to do so, and put it the nearest rubbish bin.
  • Options
    ping said:

Nigelb said:

It doesn’t look good for him.
    The telegraph’s take;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2021/12/29/ghislaine-maxwells-conviction-jeffrey-epstein-sex-trafficking/
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282
    edited December 2021

dixiedean said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

And we’d never have heard the end of it from Leon that one of his predictions finally came right…..
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282
    dixiedean said:

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

But that truly excels.
    Any post that leads off with “bare with me” should ring the alarm bells…
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    IanB2 said:

dixiedean said:

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

But that truly excels.
    Depends on context, of course. Perhaps, in my youth, with just me and a young lady......
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897

"My biggest worry now is China. Omicron will get there. Locally used vaccines have low effectiveness against Omicron. That's real danger, also for world economy".
    🇩🇪's most prominent virologist @c_drosten (until now mostly positive on 🇨🇳 covid response).
    sueddeutsche.de/gesundheit/cor…

https://twitter.com/thorstenbenner/status/1475918283689840648?s=21

China shutting down, was the trigger for a lot of the product shortages we have today.

If China shuts down again, expect a load more disruption a few months down the line. Given the somewhat draconian methods of preventing the virus spreading used there, the disruption could be a lot worse than last time with the more transmissible strain.

There is a new variant(!) of the Sinopharm vaccine just released, which might help.
    https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/2021/12/27/uae-approves-new-sinopharm-vaccine-to-be-used-as-booster/
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

MattW said:

Charles said:

eek said:

FPT

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

The same people that said Delta was nothing to worry about, are those that are saying Omicron is nothing to worry about.

So is anyone who said Delta was nothing to worry about, going to stick their head up and say this is different

Who said Delta is nothing to worry about?
    I don't recall you calling for a lockdown when Delta was around, we didn't need one was what you and several others said. I remember arguing with you about it
    That's not the same thing, is it?
    My point is you were wrong then and so I am interested in people that did call for a lockdown then who don't think there is anything to worry about now.

What I am hearing now is the same people that initially said "nothing to worry about" then said "lockdown isn't needed" then said "lockdown 2.0 isn't needed". It's the same people
    You keep making these massive sweeping generalisations.
    I have generally preferred not to make generalisations.

And with that, good night.
    But the French elite are so paranoid about Brexit, so allergic to it and fearful of it, they set a low bar for its success. Britain surviving intact and not starving to death will probably seem quite successful to them. given their direful predictions of total British implosion.

Then the next time the EU does something widely unpopular, eurosceptics across the continent will start to look longingly at independent London.

This is the great French fear. By this guy's account it does stalk their nightmares.
    The French are trying to restrict travel to essential only.
    By blocking British residents of Belgium or the Netherlands who want to use EuroTunnel and transit France?
    Are the blocking British? Or just anyone who isn't EU/Schengen?
    Travel from the UK to France

URGENT UPDATE FOR BRITISH RESIDENTS IN EU

Following a French Government decision, on 28/12/2021, unless they hold French residency, British citizens are now considered 3rd country citizens and can no longer transit France by road to reach their country of residence in the EU.

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/#foca
    Exactly. They aren't treating us differently. They're applying the 3rd country rules which our government demanded be imposed upon us.
    What’s the warning

Be careful what you wish for - it may become true.
    I don't understand the complaints. What did they think "3rd country" meant? This is what they demanded and they've succeeded in being treated thus.

Just wait until next week when the usual suspects try and blame the French for our lack of Border Control Posts, staff or computers.
    Except the rights of British citizens with legal residency in the EU that pre-dates Brexit have their rights protected by treaty.

I think this is just Macron being a twat again, assuming the allegation is true.

Blocking the UK, when Belgium had had case rates twice as high as our peak at that point for weeks was the action of a kneejerking numpty.
    It’s totally Macron being a twat.

But it’s the resounding silence from the Remoaners that amuses
    Why should we comment? This is what Leavers wanted. To be outside the EU and to be treated like outsiders.

Well congrats!
    Because it’s a breach of the Withdrawal Treaty in the same way that they got very excited about the administrative procedures on settled status.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Nationwide: average house price up £25k (10%) in 2021
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,629
    ping said:

Inflation will be the big story post Omicron.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Did they mention how they tried to identify the headless man?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    If you test positive lft do you still need a PCR because that is absolubtely bonkers if so right now.
    Bayes is free
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,629
    Pulpstar said:

If you test positive lft do you still need a PCR because that is absolubtely bonkers if so right now.
    Bayes is free

Under current rules, yes.

Omicron seems harder to detect on LFTs. I know a few people with negative LFTs, sometimes serially, yet positive on PCR.
  • Options

Just come up on my Facebook page. A picture of Epstein and Maxwell comfortably together.

The caption is 'Love is finishing each others sentences'

That's really rather funny.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Charles said:

Did they mention how they tried to identify the headless man?
    They explained how they confirmed it wasn't the Duke. Agree though, Mrs C and I found many of the characters nasty and it seemed that the principals quite frankly deserved each other.
    Had to be sorry for the Duchess' father, though.
    Among the nasty characters was the Judge, who was up there with the one who presided over the Jeremy Thorpe trial.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    edited December 2021
    Foxy said:

Pulpstar said:

Bayes is free

Omicron seems harder to detect on LFTs. I know a few people with negative LFTs, sometimes serially, yet positive on PCR.
    Negative lfts, sure. But I'm on about positive ones. A positive lft should add straight to the case number.
    Its statistical madness to need PCR 'confirmation'
  • Options

Just come up on my Facebook page. A picture of Epstein and Maxwell comfortably together.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/874/591/e17.jpeg
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Not that picture, but possibly even better!

Has a sentencing date been set?
  • Options
    pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,132
    Foxy said:

ping said:

Inflation will be the big story post Omicron.
    Massive, endless house price inflation suits the Government. It butters up the core vote. Granted it'll likely end up being disastrous for the Tories in the long-term, by further changing the balance of owner-occupiers to renters in the population, but that'll be long after Johnson has retired so he obviously won't care about that.

Energy prices are a different matter because higher fuel bills will upset old people, although the price cap being in place until Spring ought to help cushion the blow a little.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

dixiedean said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

And we’d never have heard the end of it from Leon that one of his predictions finally came right…..
    Well not all of us, obviously...
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

dixiedean said:

Farooq said:

dixiedean said:

Bare with me.

Contrarian. Yep.

But that truly excels.
    Depends on the poster whether it's alarming or interesting.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Looks like the sentencing hearing will be at a later date, presumably so that she and her lawyer can work out how many names she needs to give to authorities, in order to see her get out in a handful of years.

She’s going to know an awful lot of names, at least two living Presidents were associates of Epstein.
  • Options
    darkagedarkage Posts: 4,796
    edited December 2021
    Pulpstar said:

Foxy said:

Pulpstar said:

Bayes is free

Negative lfts, sure. But I'm on about positive ones. A positive lft should add straight to the case number.
    Its statistical madness to need PCR 'confirmation'
    How about this:

- end routine mass testing and self isolation.
    - Seriousness of covid determined by hospital admissions where Covid is established as main cause.
    - Large scale ventillators and covid treatment facilities / Nightingale style - mass capacity. Reuse for next plague/pandemic.

Edit - What was the problem with the original nightingale plan? Is it just capacity in the healthcare system and, if so, can we build that up instead of accepting endless economic and social harm?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Looks like the sentencing hearing will be at a later date, presumably so that she and her lawyer can work out how many names she needs to give to authorities, in order to see her get out in a handful of years.

She’s going to know an awful lot of names, at least two living Presidents were associates of Epstein.
    She'll need to give a lot more than names. They will want evidence.
This discussion has been closed.