Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Can anyone explain the mindset of anti-vaxxers like this? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    dixiedean said:

IanB2 said:

Lol, it looks like Johnson’s cited stat about 90% of people in hospital ICUs being unboosted was essentially made up, based on a few conversations he’d had with a few random hospital staff rather than any actual analysis.

Are you implying he makes up bollocks off the top of his head?
    Well, I never.
    I don't doubt he was told that stat by the doctors there. If that's replicated across the country is another matter. It wouldn't be surprising if it was though, would it?
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    edited December 2021

dixiedean said:

That crowd looks a lot whiter and less vegan than your average anti-vaxxers.

The particular class of immature minds in the header, based on the bobble hats, placards, and fear is control strike me as hard left, lefty libertarians, likely readers of spiked which pander to their immature undeveloped brains.

Like their fellow idiots who stormed the capitol building they are daft enough to show their faces, so hit them through the courts of our democratic society.
    Well we each jump to our own conclusions.

I had them down as Brexity UKIP types. I freely admit that's my bias, I have no evidence.
    There’s crossover. Brexit left support Brexit party for Brexit, hate farage for domestic agenda.

Don’t go hard on yourself Ben, many of the most distinguished academics in the land struggle to tell right wing and left wing libertarians when standing together on a crowd shouting fear is control.

Technically there are controlling methods like fear used and previously used by unsavoury regimes - but these people are idiots because they can’t recognise they don’t live in such a country. But the bottom line is, unlike what they want to think, it’s not politics or philosophy what they done today. where they are wrong begins with their personality disorder. To do what they done today is identical to sticking a red and white flare lit and going off from their arse at a football match so everyone pays attention to them.

30 days custodial will slap their limited brain cells into gear I should think.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Errr... PB may be down temporarily, as I've just realised that I haven't renewed our SSL certificate and it expires in... 58 minutes...

Sorry for any inconvenience.

And I was just about to reveal my surefire political betting winner for 2022.
  • Options
    RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

we all have to remember a huge proportion of antivaxxers are from ethnic minorities. Many posters on here seem tobadvocate persecuting these people. Im not suggesting these posters are racist but its not a good look

This is one of the most silly posts I've ever read on here. It shouldn't make any difference what ethnicity they are when it comes to describing their stupid decision.
    no it wouldnt even if they were all white. But demonising huge numbervof ethnic minorities especially when many of you are highly educated is not a good look
    Why should they be treated any differently? The vaccine is available both freely and in a multitude of locations. Vaccine refusers have had every opportunity to have it.
    thats like saying the reason blacks are underrepresnted in professions is they dont try hard enough. see the problem
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,658

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

Nigelb said:

darkage said:

This is a consequence of trying to force people in to getting vaccinated. You can get some people to comply, but then it hardens the views of a another small minority who become consumed by conspiracy theories like these people.

No, it’s not.
    The anti vaxxers have been full on conspiracy nonsense for a long, long time.
    fact is mate tryingvto force people to be vaxxed just feeds conspiracies. 90 percent vaxxed remember when it was enough to vaccinate the vulnerable...maybe you dont
    What rot. It was never 'enough' to vaccinate the vulnerable - please show some evidence that it was; it was always the case that the vulnerable were rightly vaccinated first.
    15 million jabs to freedom remember that....
    No.

Btw, just to help you. All those posters on here going along with your 'racist' theme are most assuredly not racist but are in fact winding you up.
    Darn it. I was waiting for the bit where TSE pulls his leg long enough that it actually falls off.....
    Tbh I felt for the guy. He's obviously seriously hard of understanding.
  • Options
    londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

we all have to remember a huge proportion of antivaxxers are from ethnic minorities. Many posters on here seem tobadvocate persecuting these people. Im not suggesting these posters are racist but its not a good look

This is one of the most silly posts I've ever read on here. It shouldn't make any difference what ethnicity they are when it comes to describing their stupid decision.
    no it wouldnt even if they were all white. But demonising huge numbervof ethnic minorities especially when many of you are highly educated is not a good look
    Why should they be treated any differently? The vaccine is available both freely and in a multitude of locations. Vaccine refusers have had every opportunity to have it.
    thats like saying the reason blacks are underrepresnted in professions is they dont try hard enough. see the problem
    It really isn't. There's no barrier whatsoever to getting a vaccine.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,617

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

True, I'm in favour persecuting ethnic minorities.
    so you are outing yourself as a racist then...there are others too like leon who in his fervour to punish the unvaxxed while i am sure he is not racist does not seem to respect cultural sensitivities
    Absolutely, I'm also Islamophobic, proud of it.
    Do you think someone should tell him?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

How is one to pronounce Ghislaine?

I've heard it pronounced three different ways in the past five minutes.

Gi (as in the first part of “git”) - lane
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

Why? - it's basic identity matrix theory.

If you are from the right parts of the matrix, you have the right to be a dribbling racist loon. If you aren't, you don't.
    the right part of the indentit matrix was identical to the left part, the last time I checked (identity matrices being symmetrical).
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,335
    kjh said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

so you are outing yourself as a racist then...there are others too like leon who in his fervour to punish the unvaxxed while i am sure he is not racist does not seem to respect cultural sensitivities
    Absolutely, I'm also Islamophobic, proud of it.
    Do you think someone should tell him?
    https://youtu.be/_YMVPXmaKds?t=34
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,539
    edited December 2021
    londoneye said:

londoneye said:

There's a notable absence of any ethnic minorities in the anti-vaxx video posted in the header to this thread.
    Just far-right twats.
    Were you there?
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787

dixiedean said:

The particular class of immature minds in the header, based on the bobble hats, placards, and fear is control strike me as hard left, lefty libertarians, likely readers of spiked which pander to their immature undeveloped brains.

Like their fellow idiots who stormed the capitol building they are daft enough to show their faces, so hit them through the courts of our democratic society.
    Why would lefties be reading a far-right website like Spiked?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,189
    Just catching up on the cricket in South Africa. What a ball by Bumrah to dismiss van der Dussen.
  • Options
    MattW said:

Charles said:

eek said:

FPT

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

The same people that said Delta was nothing to worry about, are those that are saying Omicron is nothing to worry about.

So is anyone who said Delta was nothing to worry about, going to stick their head up and say this is different

Who said Delta is nothing to worry about?
    I don't recall you calling for a lockdown when Delta was around, we didn't need one was what you and several others said. I remember arguing with you about it
    That's not the same thing, is it?
    My point is you were wrong then and so I am interested in people that did call for a lockdown then who don't think there is anything to worry about now.

What I am hearing now is the same people that initially said "nothing to worry about" then said "lockdown isn't needed" then said "lockdown 2.0 isn't needed". It's the same people
    You keep making these massive sweeping generalisations.
    I have generally preferred not to make generalisations.

And with that, good night.
    But the French elite are so paranoid about Brexit, so allergic to it and fearful of it, they set a low bar for its success. Britain surviving intact and not starving to death will probably seem quite successful to them. given their direful predictions of total British implosion.

Then the next time the EU does something widely unpopular, eurosceptics across the continent will start to look longingly at independent London.

This is the great French fear. By this guy's account it does stalk their nightmares.
    The French are trying to restrict travel to essential only.
    By blocking British residents of Belgium or the Netherlands who want to use EuroTunnel and transit France?
    Are the blocking British? Or just anyone who isn't EU/Schengen?
    Travel from the UK to France

URGENT UPDATE FOR BRITISH RESIDENTS IN EU

Following a French Government decision, on 28/12/2021, unless they hold French residency, British citizens are now considered 3rd country citizens and can no longer transit France by road to reach their country of residence in the EU.

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/#foca
    Exactly. They aren't treating us differently. They're applying the 3rd country rules which our government demanded be imposed upon us.
    What’s the warning

Be careful what you wish for - it may become true.
    I don't understand the complaints. What did they think "3rd country" meant? This is what they demanded and they've succeeded in being treated thus.

Just wait until next week when the usual suspects try and blame the French for our lack of Border Control Posts, staff or computers.
    Except the rights of British citizens with legal residency in the EU that pre-dates Brexit have their rights protected by treaty.

I think this is just Macron being a twat again, assuming the allegation is true.

Blocking the UK, when Belgium had had case rates twice as high as our peak at that point for weeks was the action of a kneejerking numpty.
    It’s totally Macron being a twat.

But it’s the resounding silence from the Remoaners that amuses
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    Endillion said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

If you are from the right parts of the matrix, you have the right to be a dribbling racist loon. If you aren't, you don't.
    the right part of the indentit matrix was identical to the left part, the last time I checked (identity matrices being symmetrical).

Not LR symmetric
  • Options
    Endillion said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

Are you saying that the far left is indistinguishable from the far right?

*gets coat*
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,592

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

There's a notable absence of any ethnic minorities in the anti-vaxx video posted in the header to this thread.
    Just far-right twats.
    What are Piers Corbyns politics?
  • Options

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

Just far-right twats.
    And far left - see Piers Corbyn

Yes, it is curious how this works. Similar to the US - the white tosspots get all Karen and star in Reddit videos attacking shop assistants etc. And minority take up (for a number of minorities) of the vaccines is quietly abysmal....
  • Options
    RobD said:

Endillion said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

*gets coat*
    I have some sympathy with the theory that politics is a circle and both sides meet around where Piers Corbyn is.
  • Options

Charles said:

eek said:

FPT

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

The same people that said Delta was nothing to worry about, are those that are saying Omicron is nothing to worry about.

So is anyone who said Delta was nothing to worry about, going to stick their head up and say this is different

I don't recall you calling for a lockdown when Delta was around, we didn't need one was what you and several others said. I remember arguing with you about it
    My point is you were wrong then and so I am interested in people that did call for a lockdown then who don't think there is anything to worry about now.

What I am hearing now is the same people that initially said "nothing to worry about" then said "lockdown isn't needed" then said "lockdown 2.0 isn't needed". It's the same people

But the French elite are so paranoid about Brexit, so allergic to it and fearful of it, they set a low bar for its success. Britain surviving intact and not starving to death will probably seem quite successful to them. given their direful predictions of total British implosion.

Then the next time the EU does something widely unpopular, eurosceptics across the continent will start to look longingly at independent London.

This is the great French fear. By this guy's account it does stalk their nightmares.
    By blocking British residents of Belgium or the Netherlands who want to use EuroTunnel and transit France?

Following a French Government decision, on 28/12/2021, unless they hold French residency, British citizens are now considered 3rd country citizens and can no longer transit France by road to reach their country of residence in the EU.

Exactly. They aren't treating us differently. They're applying the 3rd country rules which our government demanded be imposed upon us.
    What’s the warning

I don't understand the complaints. What did they think "3rd country" meant? This is what they demanded and they've succeeded in being treated thus.

Just wait until next week when the usual suspects try and blame the French for our lack of Border Control Posts, staff or computers.
    Except the rights of British citizens with legal residency in the EU that pre-dates Brexit have their rights protected by treaty.

This isn't permanent though, its Covid restrictions. Countries have closed their borders completely regardless of treaties.
    Not closed to EU residents though AIUI?

British citizens without protected rights fine. With protected rights nah. Protected means err… protected
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Lol, it looks like Johnson’s cited stat about 90% of people in hospital ICUs being unboosted was essentially made up, based on a few conversations he’d had with a few random hospital staff rather than any actual analysis.

Well it matches Foxy's reports of those in ICY being almost all unvaccinated.

Add in some sick oldies who haven't had their booster and it looks highly likely to me.

The thing you could criticise is that those in ICU haven't just not had their booster but their first and second vaccinations as well.
  • Options
    RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

when you have a history of being screwed over by whitey there are big barriers...but maybe in your white privilege you havent noticed this
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    Farooq said:

Endillion said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

Not LR symmetric
    In linear algebra, a symmetric matrix is a square matrix that is equal to its transpose.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetric_matrix
  • Options
    Ghislaine Maxwell is always described as a 'socialite'.

Is 'socialite' a portmanteau of 'social' and 'parasite' ?
  • Options
    londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

when you have a history of being screwed over by whitey there are big barriers...but maybe in your white privilege you havent noticed this
    Enlighten us, what barriers?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,954

"Pilots Larry Visoski and Dave Rodgers both said the door to the passenger cabin on the Lolita Express was closed at all times so they didn't know what was going on."

Mail

Ummm... The name "Lolita Express" should probably have been an enormous red flag.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,551
    tlg86 said:

Just catching up on the cricket in South Africa. What a ball by Bumrah to dismiss van der Dussen.

Where can we watch?
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    MattW said:

Charles said:

eek said:

FPT

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

What’s the warning

I think this is just Macron being a twat again, assuming the allegation is true.

Blocking the UK, when Belgium had had case rates twice as high as our peak at that point for weeks was the action of a kneejerking numpty.
    Stupid comment as usual. Frances relationship with Belgium is quite different from their relationship with the UK. After four years I'd have thought it might have sunk in.
  • Options

RobD said:

Endillion said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

*gets coat*
    I have some sympathy with the theory that politics is a circle and both sides meet around where Piers Corbyn is.
    The only thing that such an observation truly reveals is that the L-R dimension is not the only one in politics. There's always a problem in flattening multi-dimensional structures into lower dimensions, and politics is no different.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

I think Spiked regard themselves as left wing libertarians. They come across, to me, more like right-libertarian contrarians, though.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

Just far-right twats.
    i would say piers corbyn is to the left of jeremy on economic issues...but not on things like climate change
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

You can tell they are lefties by looking at them?
    It’s interesting. The more I can get into politics the more I can quickly spot which house in my memory city their fellow travellers are in, and second guess them on a range of issues.

I think it’s because I really want to. I really want to pigeon hole them all in different houses on different streets.

The left and right libertarians I have living on libertarian street, on different sides of the road, because they would both agree with the stunt in the header, but go to war over other points of view. And the part of town I have them both living in is the one where due to personality disorder, they struggle to grow up and have matured and balanced points of view.

It’s the same with posters to this site. Some are being constructive and trying to learn themselves - others just post intellectually immature or unnecessarily provoking things in a look at me look at me motivation.

For example, I second guessed my brother and mother would be of gizzlanes maxwell side before they said “they took the money off them, knew what they were getting into, came back for more, now years later claim abuse - the black widows”
  • Options
    RH1992RH1992 Posts: 788
    Roger said:

MattW said:

Charles said:

eek said:

FPT

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

What’s the warning

Stupid comment as usual. Frances relationship with Belgium is quite different from their relationship with the UK. After four years I'd have thought it might have sunk in.
    So you're saying that France doesn't follow the science? Right, glad we're on the same page that this is a political manoeuvre.
  • Options
    RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

barrier of trust for a start...you ought to talk to more black people get to know them
  • Options
    londoneye said:

Foxy said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

Just far-right twats.
    i would say piers corbyn is to the left of jeremy on economic issues...but not on things like climate change
    He holds the old Soviet view of the environment.

Funny that.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

"Pilots Larry Visoski and Dave Rodgers both said the door to the passenger cabin on the Lolita Express was closed at all times so they didn't know what was going on."

Mail

Ummm... The name "Lolita Express" should probably have been an enormous red flag.
    Did the pilots know it as that name though? Seems doubtful.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Foxy said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

Just far-right twats.
    Far right QAnon conspiracy stuff these days. It's a complete myth that anti-vaxxers are on the left - there's very few of them there. It's the libertarian, freedom-loving, Trump-worshipping (yes, I know he's vaccinated), Brexit-adoring right that are the vast bulk of the activist, protesting anti-vaxxers. The passive anti-vaxxers may be somewhat more varied, containing a fair few Green / do not pollute my yoga-perfect body types.
  • Options
    londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

barrier of trust for a start...you ought to talk to more black people get to know them
    Eh, the vaccine is being used worldwide on all kinds of people. What possible nefarious reason could there be?
  • Options

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

It’s interesting. The more I can get into politics the more I can quickly spot which house in my memory city their fellow travellers are in, and second guess them on a range of issues.

I think it’s because I really want to. I really want to pigeon hole them all in different houses on different streets.

The left and right libertarians I have living on libertarian street, on different sides of the road, because they would both agree with the stunt in the header, but go to war over other points of view. And the part of town I have them both living in is the one where due to personality disorder, they struggle to grow up and have matured and balanced points of view.

It’s the same with posters to this site. Some are being constructive and trying to learn themselves - others just post intellectually immature or unnecessarily provoking things in a look at me look at me motivation.

For example, I second guessed my brother and mother would be of gizzlanes maxwell side before they said “they took the money off them, knew what they were getting into, came back for more, now years later claim abuse - the black widows”
    The funny thing about most self proclaimed "libertarians" is they don't know much about liberty.

Mind you, I was told that by John Hospers, so....
  • Options
    ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

I think Spiked regard themselves as left wing libertarians. They come across, to me, more like right-libertarian contrarians, though.
    I totally agree with your post. This is a brilliant conversation. A proper conversation. And it’s on topic because the header asks, explain the mindset.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Charles said:

eek said:

FPT

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

What’s the warning

This isn't permanent though, its Covid restrictions. Countries have closed their borders completely regardless of treaties.
    Not closed to EU residents though AIUI?

British citizens without protected rights fine. With protected rights nah. Protected means err… protected
    Three levels of restrictions in place - French citizens, EU citizens, everyone else. We're in the everyone else camp. Yes there are protected rights but they - like us - can suspend these when required.

We don't like it. May not make sense to lump non-EU into a big bucket. But they are not treating us differently.
  • Options
    by the way many antivaxxers genuinely believe the vaccine will harm them...you may denounce this belief as silly...but when you try to force the vaccine on such people things get volatile
  • Options

Which reminds me. Mrs P and I gave up on A Very British Scandal after two episodes because we decided we really couldn't give a shit about any of the characters in it. They were all a bunch of idle, rich, lying, upper class whiners.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,509
    I’m disturbed by the revelation that @rcs1000 ’s sockets might shortly be prone to interference.
    Could be an uncomfortable night for him.
  • Options
    ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

Spiked are simply Tankies. They used to be apologists for the Soviets, now they are apologists for Putin.
  • Options
    londoneye said:

by the way many antivaxxers genuinely believe the vaccine will harm them...you may denounce this belief as silly...but when you try to force the vaccine on such people things get volatile

Anyone got that list of anti-vaxxers who died from Covid handy?
  • Options

RobD said:

Endillion said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

*gets coat*
    Peers Corbyn has an arse cheek in both camps. You are so poetic sometimes Malmsey.
  • Options
    Right goodbye everyone - enjoy your last 30mins of PB before it all comes crashing down ;-)
  • Options

RobD said:

Endillion said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

*gets coat*
    Peers Corbyn has an arse cheek in both camps. You are so poetic sometimes Malmsey.
    "Peers Corbyn has an arse cheek in both camps"

You win One Internet......
  • Options

In other contexts, such people are known as "wealth creators".
  • Options

Foxy said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

Just far-right twats.
    Far right QAnon conspiracy stuff these days. It's a complete myth that anti-vaxxers are on the left - there's very few of them there. It's the libertarian, freedom-loving, Trump-worshipping (yes, I know he's vaccinated), Brexit-adoring right that are the vast bulk of the activist, protesting anti-vaxxers. The passive anti-vaxxers may be somewhat more varied, containing a fair few Green / do not pollute my yoga-perfect body types.
    How exactly is Piers Corbyn "right" anything? Is he calling for privatisations? Deregulated markets? Lower taxes?

You lefties love to purge any leftwingers who you dislike and rebrand them as "right", then say you've got no issues on the left since you've redefined any racist socialists as right wing.
  • Options

Which reminds me. Mrs P and I gave up on A Very British Scandal after two episodes because we decided we really couldn't give a shit about any of the characters in it. They were all a bunch of idle, rich, lying, upper class whiners.
    The Duchess became a bit more sympathetic in the third part. The whole thing had the whiff of decay of a dying aristocracy. I see why people craved Wilson in 1964.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,767
    RobD said:

londoneye said:

Those sort of national secrets are held in Salisbury Cathedral only.
  • Options
    RobD said:

londoneye said:

Also that list of people forced to take the vaccine in the UK.....
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,551
    This is developing into a major gaffe by the BBC.

"@sarahchurchwell
    So @BBCNews has decided that the expert witness they need on the Maxwell trial is Alan Dershowitz. Who has taken the opportunity to say that it shows how accusations against him and Prince Andrew are wrong.
    10:29 PM · Dec 29, 2021"

https://twitter.com/sarahchurchwell/status/1476319449447907344
  • Options
    londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

The big barrier is that while some may have left the third world physically they're still in the third world mentally.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

Spiked are simply Tankies. They used to be apologists for the Soviets, now they are apologists for Putin.
    Don't tell @Leon, he'll be joining them!
  • Options
    ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

Yes. Claire Fox is the archetypal Spiked-ite. Used to be extreme left, IRA sympathising. Now in the House of Lords (thanks Boris) as a right-libertarian, contrarian Brexit lover.
  • Options
    RobD said:

londoneye said:

its what they believe they genuinely believe the vaccine will harm them...and of course many of the antivaxxers who died from covid were obese
  • Options
    Foxy said:

ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

I must say that the people on here who have linked approvingly to Spiked pieces don’t strike me as left wing.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Does it star JRM and B. Johnson?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

I await, with some interest, their reaction to Putin sending.... er... tanks into more of Ukraine.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Mail

Does anyone read/watch Lolita any more ?

Sort of gives the impression you're a bit too interested in the subject.
  • Options

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

The big barrier is that while some may have left the third world physically they're still in the third world mentally.
    that comment is borderline racist you shoukd retract it
  • Options
    londoneye said:

Foxy said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

Just far-right twats.
    In olden times, Piers was a hero to the (largely right-wing) climate change sceptics because of his theories about weather forecasting based on solar activity. That was before the anti-vax stuff (although come to think of it, are this lot also opposed to MMR and BCG and any other standard childhood vaccinations?).
  • Options
    londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

its what they believe they genuinely believe the vaccine will harm them...and of course many of the antivaxxers who died from covid were obese
    An irrational fear for the fat ones, at least in comparison to the risks from covid.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,952
    edited December 2021

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

One of the many reasons I love this site is that you'll every so often get a totally counter-intuitive post from someone who confounds your preconceptions with their opinions on some issue or another.
    Apart from @IshmaelZ, of course. For whom it is routine.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    Foxy said:

ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

I have seen it claimed that the former RCP comrades behind Spiked et. al. have simply decided to take the accelerationist path and are doing all they can from within to make life under capitalism so intolerable for the masses that revolution becomes the only option.
  • Options
    londoneye said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

While you claiming the blacks were cheering on Piers Corbyn was just a normal day in the office.
  • Options

londoneye said:

Foxy said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

Just far-right twats.
    In olden times, Piers was a hero to the (largely right-wing) climate change sceptics because of his theories about weather forecasting based on solar activity. That was before the anti-vax stuff (although come to think of it, are this lot also opposed to MMR and BCG and any other standard childhood vaccinations?).
    Yup, Boris specifically was a Piers Corbyn fan before Jeremy became leader of the Labour Party. Weird but true.
  • Options
    rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

Mick Hume who set it up previous gig was Living Marxism Magazine. There’s libertarian crossover on somethings, sharing juvenile contrarian isms but disagreement amongst left right libertarians on other things. That’s how I pigeonholed them. Living on opposite side of same street.

It gets more fun when you place the street into correct part of town, does libertarian thoughts arise from religious conflict? Is it part of town where everyone’s psychology is flawed in that they have too much ego?

I don’t want to come across like the bomb on dark star, but this is fun.

I also have this theory you can pigeon hole people correctly simply by what art they enjoy.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

rcs1000 said:

Mail

Did the pilots know it as that name though? Seems doubtful.
    You might think ATC would have noticed summat was up.
  • Options
    londoneye said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

Do you go around screaming WAAYYCISSSTT at reality you don't like ?

You're coming across as very puerile.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,509
    edited December 2021
    Hard to disagree.
    … The local Tory MP Ben Everitt described the protesters as “dickheads” and urged anyone with information to contact police…

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/29/anti-vaxxers-denounce-covid-testing-centre-in-freedom-march-through-milton-keynes
    … Confused anti-vaccine protesters entered a test-and-trace centre in Milton Keynes on Wednesday, appearing to believe it was a coronavirus vaccine centre, where they were filmed shouting abuse at staff and appearing to steal equipment...
  • Options
    londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Why do they ignore that in the UK, over 50 million people have not died from vaccine or turned into Repitilians?

Anti-vaxxers are making a choice and part of that is to ignore the facts that the vaccine protects against covid.
  • Options

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

While you claiming the blacks were cheering on Piers Corbyn was just a normal day in the office.
    so blacks arent allowed to cheer piers corbyn now...do you realise how you sound
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,100

You made one more episode than me.....

Incidentally, the Good Lady Wife's uncle and aunt were regular visitors to Inverary Castle at the time of the events covered. Her uncle was a good friend of the Duke. Her uncle and aunt were ribbed constantly about staying in the same bedroom. About the only people there who slept with their partner....
  • Options
    londoneye said:

londoneye said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

so blacks arent allowed to cheer piers corbyn now...do you realise how you sound
    I sound perfectly normal. I wouldn't go around saying "the blacks" were doing anything at all as to do so would be racist.

You sound like a deluded Russian bot who is struggling with the English language.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,282
    Another revelatory evening when PB's overwhelmingly white male middle class well off contributors opine on why black and ethnic minority people might or might not get vaccinated.

(And please Google to see how this is in fact the case.)
  • Options

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Why do they ignore that in the UK, over 50 million people have not died from vaccine or turned into Repitilians?

Anti-vaxxers are making a choice and part of that is to ignore the facts that the vaccine protects against covid.
    there are theories circulating in antivaxx circles that the vax turns your immune system into that of an aids patient hence the constant push for boosters...thats what these people believe
  • Options
    londoneye said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

there are theories circulating in antivaxx circles that the vax turns your immune system into that of an aids patient hence the constant push for boosters...thats what these people believe
    So the vaccines give you AIDS?

OK.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Hard to disagree.
    … The local Tory MP Ben Everitt described the protesters as “dickheads” and urged anyone with information to contact police…

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/29/anti-vaxxers-denounce-covid-testing-centre-in-freedom-march-through-milton-keynes
    … Confused anti-vaccine protesters entered a test-and-trace centre in Milton Keynes on Wednesday, appearing to believe it was a coronavirus vaccine centre, where they were filmed shouting abuse at staff and appearing to steal equipment...

Hooray!
    A bit less verbal pussyfooting around in politics would help.
    Will this be treated in the same way as "scum" was?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,193
    edited December 2021

You made one more episode than me.....

Incidentally, the Good Lady Wife's uncle and aunt were regular visitors to Inverary Castle at the time of the events covered. Her uncle was a good friend of the Duke. Her uncle and aunt were ribbed constantly about staying in the same bedroom. About the only people there who slept with their partner....
    Watched the first episode this evening.

Strikes me the BBC have funded at vast expense an absolute turkey.* Who the hell cares about anyone in it?

If you were a BBC exec I expect you will be bloody glad they also funded 80 days around the world which is excellent.

* edit: I image the pitch meeting went along the lines of: it's like the Crown, with similar cast and same use of filters to make it look a bit sepia and old fashioned but it's the next line down i.e Dukes.

BBC: Done.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Another revelatory evening when PB's overwhelmingly white male middle class well off contributors opine on why black and ethnic minority people might or might not get vaccinated.

I think what we all need to know from you is how many black and ethnic minority mountaineers there are.
  • Options

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

Mick Hume who set it up previous gig was Living Marxism Magazine. There’s libertarian crossover on somethings, sharing juvenile contrarian isms but disagreement amongst left right libertarians on other things. That’s how I pigeonholed them. Living on opposite side of same street.

It gets more fun when you place the street into correct part of town, does libertarian thoughts arise from religious conflict? Is it part of town where everyone’s psychology is flawed in that they have too much ego?

I don’t want to come across like the bomb on dark star, but this is fun.

I also have this theory you can pigeon hole people correctly simply by what art they enjoy.

Pinback: All right, bomb. Prepare to receive new orders.
    Bomb#20: You are false data.
    Pinback: Hmmm?
    Bomb #20: Therefore I shall ignore you.
    Pinback: Hello... bomb?
    Bomb #20: False data can act only as a distraction. Therefore, I shall refuse to perceive.
    Pinback: Hey, bomb?
    Bomb #20: The only thing that exists is myself.
    Pinback: Snap out of it, bomb.
  • Options

Foxy said:

ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

I await, with some interest, their reaction to Putin sending.... er... tanks into more of Ukraine.
    Broadly, they are in favour...

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/12/15/russia-is-not-the-aggressor-here/
  • Options

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Their magazine claims 30 million dead from the vaccine.
    They remind me of Dr. Evil.
    Scott Evil: Why not just shoot them?
  • Options

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

RobD said:

londoneye said:

Andy_JS said:

londoneye said:

Or as an alternative while some may have left the second world physically they're still in the second world mentally.

That is I'll guess that vaccination rates for Eastern Europeans in the UK are lower than they are for white British.

I'll further suggest that vaccination rates are a reasonable measure for how well integrated an ethnic demographic is.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

TOPPING said:

I think what we all need to know from you is how many black and ethnic minority mountaineers there are.
    Well I think as an Englishman I would think there there are very many people from ethnic minorities who for example ascend Everest, despite the focus being on the white ones.

Edit: but LOL touche anyway. :smile:
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,914
    Nigelb said:

Hard to disagree.

Freedom ?
    They taking away people's freedom to test.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Well I think as an Englishman I would think there there are very many people from ethnic minorities who for example ascend Everest, despite the focus being on the white ones.

A long way to travel for NHS treatment though.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Why would a Nepalese ascending Everest count as an ethnic minority ?
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Nigelb said:

Hard to disagree.

Hooray!
    A bit less verbal pussyfooting around in politics would help.
    Will this be treated in the same way as "scum" was?
    So thick they can't tell the difference between a testing station and a vax station.

The clue, my deluded little friends, is that in the former they stick a plastic swab down your throat rather than stick a needle in your arm.
  • Options
    RobD said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

A long way to travel for NHS treatment though.
    I wonder what the triple jab rate is in Nepal.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

ping said:

rpjs said:

dixiedean said:

Broadly, they are in favour...

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/12/15/russia-is-not-the-aggressor-here/
    Obvious really. Otherwise they wouldn't be... tankies.

For some reason I now have visions of a certain poster here exchanging Tank Porn with the Spike editorial staff....
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

I am reassured by the PB Brain Trust that BoZo is completely on top of things.

There is nothing to see here, and no cause for alarm.

Maybe he can even figure out where he was for the last 10 days..?

can we include this sort of braindead pish in the header discussion?
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Why would a Nepalese ascending Everest count as an ethnic minority ?
    "As an Englishman..."
This discussion has been closed.