Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Can anyone explain the mindset of anti-vaxxers like this? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,956
    edited December 2021
    I was about to go to bed but BREAKING: Jury reaches verdict in the criminal trial of Ghislaine Maxwell.
  • Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

This is just a lie....

Tell that to the Telegraph...

Remember they used to print BoZo's columns
    Its a lie....We did this earlier. And every day for the past 3-4 days. Slots are made available, they fill up. At midday they release more slots. I looked there were slots available everywhere. Its a deliberate demand management strategy and the media have been told this repeatedly.

Will the system finally fall over at some point, I am sure it will. You have to pick some limit and 900k PCR test capacity is extremely large, but I am pretty sure it won't take much of something to go wrong and the elastic to finally snap.

And people are treating LFT tests like sweeties, some doing multiple a day or just doing them daily because why not, they are free. Then running out and getting pissed off they can't get another 20 of them instantly. It is clear there is very large demand and so take some personal responsibility and plan to use them when necessary.
    If you tell people to go and enjoy meeting up, but to be careful, and to test beforehand, should you really be surprised when they do that?

This governments forward planning...🙄
    That's different from people who have gone bonkers with LFT tests, where they take them every day, sometimes multiple times a day, regardless if they are sitting in the jim jams watching Netflix or going to see 90 year old nanna.

I think the mistake the government made is they should rationed them some what.
    You can evidence some "people who have gone bonkers with LFT tests"? Or are you just speculating.
    Check out social media, people are I know, its become the thing, take a test every day, then I better be careful take another before I go out...
  • NEW YORK (AP) — British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell convicted of helping American financier Jeffrey Epstein sexually abuse teenage girls.

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1476313875020664835?s=20
  • RobD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

I am reassured by the PB Brain Trust that BoZo is completely on top of things.

There is nothing to see here, and no cause for alarm.

Maybe he can even figure out where he was for the last 10 days..?

Having now watched the interview question I am perfectly content that he was in the UK. See how his tanned face shows no confusion, hesitation or embarrassment when he instantly replies "in this country".

Only traitors would look at his face, his body language and hear his stuttering eventual answer and conclude that he fucked off to Mustique.
    Quite frankly I couldn’t give a shit if he’s been in Mustique, or anywhere else over Christmas. No travel restrictions from this end, so who cares.
    Now if he’s lied about it, then that’s different. I mean why? Why lie?
    At a guess, Boris is telling the truth he has been in this country but if at Chequers (where PMs normally spend Christmas) and/or Downing Street for ten days, he could have said. So what is there to hide? Partying with squillionaire Tory donors?
    I think he was just bemused by the question.
    Perhaps Boris was taken unawares but surely his advisers will have warned him of the twitter rumours.
    Bemused that it came from ITN? I don't know. But is there actually any evidence at all that he was away? Twitter rumors count for diddly.
    As I said, I believe Boris when he said he was in this country and imagine he spent Christmas at Chequers, as is customary. That Boris felt unable to say so suggests he might also have gone somewhere else that he wants to hide.
  • Ghislane Maxwell found guilty of sex trafficking
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,047
    Toms said:

Recently Foxy had commented that hospital staff ought to be provided with pukka masks in view of their constant exposure to TBV (the bloody virus), but that this had been denied.

This morning I saw a medic interviewed on my partner's TV saying very well the same thing, but, diplomatically, not mentioning any denial.

Private Eye has recently published one of their "special reports" entitled PROFITS OF DOOM, describing profiteering over the virus.

I feel angry.

Yes, it was rejected by the DoH.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/27/give-ffp3-masks-to-nhs-staff-omicron-doctors-say?s=09
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,835
    Prevalence is so high the chance of a false positive lft must be minute. Not sure why we're requiring validification of lft by pcr, or do I have it wrong ?
    One of my nieces and other nieces bf just lit up lfts as well as our xmas eve friends. In car with brother, he's boosted + delta tho so fingers crossed xD
  • eekeek Posts: 24,797
    A jury has found Ghislaine Maxwell

Count 1: Guilty
    Count 2: Not Guilty
    Count 3: Guilty
    Count 4: Guilty
    Count 5: Guilty
    Count 6: Guilty
  • I bet this picture gets used a lot in the next few days.

• kle4 said:

Scott_xP said:

The speed which people go full Boris conspiracy theories

The speed with which people assume he is a liar. Which he is...
    Boris is a liar. Take a guess that he is lying (by omission, or by implication or some other method) and you've a not inconsiderable chance of being right.

It does not follow, however, that every single time he is accused of lying it should be assumed to be an accurate accusation and it is unreasonable for people to not simply assume every single word is a lie.

There's surely a difference to treating what he says and claims with caution, and acting as though he has never told a truth.

It's funny, to a point, but it is also lazy if intending to take the moral high ground.
    My take is he has skived off for a week to be with his wife / kids and I am fairly sure long COVID plus age / unhealthy life plus his long held aversion to work means he can't take it and runs off for a sleep.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,873
    darkage said:

Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

This is just a lie....

Its a lie....We did this earlier. And every day for the past 3-4 days. Slots are made available, they fill up. At midday they release more slots. I looked there were slots available everywhere. Its a deliberate demand management strategy and the media have been told this repeatedly.

Will the system finally fall over at some point, I am sure it will. You have to pick some limit and 900k PCR test capacity is extremely large, but I am pretty sure it won't take much of something to go wrong and the elastic to finally snap.

And people are treating LFT tests like sweeties, some doing multiple a day or just doing them daily because why not, they are free. Then running out and getting pissed off they can't get another 20 of them instantly. It is clear there is very large demand and so take some personal responsibility and plan to use them when necessary.
    If you tell people to go and enjoy meeting up, but to be careful, and to test beforehand, should you really be surprised when they do that?

That's different from people who have gone bonkers with LFT tests, where they take them every day, sometimes multiple times a day, regardless if they are sitting in the jim jams watching Netflix or going to see 90 year old nanna.

Yeah the LFT tests are fine, but I worry it has become routine now to take one before you go out to any social occasion. How does the government get people to stop doing that?

I recall yesterday seeing a university professor who kept taking LFT tests until she got a positive, and then boasted about it on Twitter. It just seems like mass derangement and panic.

At which point I’d suggest (a) likely false positive and (b) can’t you just fake it with lemon juice anyway?*

*Anyone know if that urban myth was actually true?
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,540

The speed which people go full Boris conspiracy theories, remember that one where he was supposed to have secretly flow to Italy to meet a billionaire.

Occam's razor explanation is he has had a week off with his wife and his young kids. If he should do that during Omicron wave, well that's a different matter.

Who cares, anyway ?
    The electorate have written him off already.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,578
    RobD said:

OT loss of our heritage. The SS Richard Montgomery is to be made safe. That's the shipwreck stuffed full of bombs, hundreds of tons of them, off Sheerness (and seeing it is probably the main reason for going to Sheerness). Soon there will be nothing to see once they've removed its masts (as it is feared they might collapse on to the explosives below).
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/29/sunken-warship-river-thames-explosives-board-could-cause-mass/ (£££)

Tom Scott video (not paywalled):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9u41aeItss

Hm, I think the headline is a bit misleading. All they are doing is removing the masts. The bombs will still be there, waiting.
    The "CHASE" and "Sailor Hat" test proved that the tidal wave stuff from a full explosion of everything on the Montgomery wouldn't be more than a ripple.

Water/Air interfaces are great at dissipating explosive energy.
  • eek said:

Not guilty on what charge?
  • Diff to see how this can stand with FR new case figures as high as UK ones. Stopping Brits permanently resident in other EU MS from driving through FR w/out any warning of new rule isn't justified. But wrong to see this as part of Fr/UK rows. Its blind & silly app of a Covid rule

https://twitter.com/Mij_Europe/status/1476314779291688960?s=20

I am currently "isolating". Since I live alone and WFH, there is little difference to my usual life except I now get groceries online.
    I was at my son's over Xmas and he has had a positive PCR. He has not had a booster yet.
    I have a negative LFT, been boosted and I feel fine, but still have to isolate for 10 days.
    I have been requested via the app to take a PCR test, but apparently I should still isolate even if that is negative too, so what's the point in taking one?
    Vaccines work, boosters work. And Johnson, Sturgeon and Drakeford being absolute CU Next Tuesdays with the restrictions doesn't change that.
    I am coming to the conclusion that Track & Trace is simply stopping healthy people from working.

You are not required to self-isolate if you have been vaccinated.

"Contacts who are not required to self-isolate
    If you have had contact with someone who has COVID-19 you are at higher risk of becoming infected yourself and are strongly advised to take daily LFDs for 7 days.

If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you are not legally required to self-isolate if you are fully vaccinated or you are below the age of 18 years 6 months."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person#exempt
    That's not what the text I got today said.
    This is the text that I got when contacted by T and T:

"NHS Test and Trace has identified you as a contact of someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19.

You do not have to self-isolate. However, you should book a PCR test, even if you do not have symptoms.

If you develop symptoms, you should self-isolate immediately before taking your PCR test.

Book your test at https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk/links/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test.

To protect yourself and those around you, follow the guidance for staying safe and helping to prevent the spread of the virus. For more information and details about exemption from self-isolation, visit: https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk/links/guidance-for-contacts

To update details on your Test and Trace account, visit: https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk/ and sign in with your account ID and password."

What did yours say?
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623

Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

This is just a lie....

You can evidence some "people who have gone bonkers with LFT tests"? Or are you just speculating.
    Check out social media, people are I know, its become the thing, take a test every day, then I better be careful take another before I go out...
    I could be wrong but I think someone from the Scottish Government at some point recently "suggested" everyone should be taking an LFT every day. So some of the demand problem may be self-inflicted in that sense...
  • kle4 said:

Scott_xP said:

The speed which people go full Boris conspiracy theories

The speed with which people assume he is a liar. Which he is...
    Boris is a liar. Take a guess that he is lying (by omission, or by implication or some other method) and you've a not inconsiderable chance of being right.

It does not follow, however, that every single time he is accused of lying it should be assumed to be an accurate accusation and it is unreasonable for people to not simply assume every single word is a lie.

There's surely a difference to treating what he says and claims with caution, and acting as though he has never told a truth.

It's funny, to a point, but it is also lazy if intending to take the moral high ground.
    My take is he has skived off for a week to be with his wife / kids and I am fairly sure long COVID plus age / unhealthy life plus his long held aversion to work means he can't take it and runs off for a sleep.
    Is he entitled to paternity leave
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835

Scott_xP said:

This is just a lie....

I get that.
    However, this morning I got a text saying every member of my family needs to LFT daily till Jan 3rd.
    So we'll be needing above 20. Multiply that out and that's a lot of tests nationwide.

I was about to go to bed but BREAKING: Jury reaches verdict in the criminal trial of Ghislaine Maxwell.

In related new, water is wet, bears are Catholic and the Pope was seen heading into the woods with bog roll.....
  • It's begun. The back lash against anti-vax is here as predicted on PB for weeks now...

Neil Henderson
    @hendopolis
    ·
    18m
    MIRROR: Blocking road to freedom #TomorrowsPapersToday
  • eek said:

transportation of a minor with intent to engage in illegal sex acts.

I think.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,725
    INDEPENDENT DIGITAL: Lack of tests leaves NHS staff stuck in isolation #TomorrowsPapersToday https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1476315819487502340/photo/1
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

dixiedean said:

Nige Farage has joined the antivaxxers....no to anymore than 2 jabs apparently.

Called that days ago.
    This is the issue with describing it as a "mild cold".
    Why do we need jabs then?
    And. Why have you been off work for more than.a week? Skiver.
    For most people up-to-date with jabs this may be true. But we know this virus treats people very differently. Always has.
    6 months from last jab it's a different story.
    It is why I was very critical of this "its mild" narrative that was allowed to take hold. That is not the same as it "is milder" on a population basis.

And there are a load of factors of why people's experiences vary e.g. South Africa lots of people have had Beta and Delta, the parental lineage of Omicron.
    You do combine to an impressive extent a nice line in Hur hur hur how stupid the little people are about everything, with the most majestic bellyflops imaginable. Beta and Delta are absolutely, undeniably, unambiguously NOT in the parental lineage of omicron.

https://www.science.org/content/article/where-did-weird-omicron-come

"Omicron clearly did not develop out of one of the earlier variants of concern, such as Alpha or Delta. Instead, it appears to have evolved in parallel—and in the dark. Omicron is so different from the millions of SARS-CoV-2 genomes that have been shared publicly that pinpointing its closest relative is difficult, says Emma Hodcroft, a virologist at the University of Bern. It likely diverged early from other strains, she says. “I would say it goes back to mid-2020.” "
  • EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,777
    edited December 2021

Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

This is just a lie....

I could be wrong but I think someone from the Scottish Government at some point recently "suggested" everyone should be taking an LFT every day. So some of the demand problem may be self-inflicted in that sense...
    Swinney, though he has a vulnerable wife so perhaps reasonable in thar circumstance.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited December 2021

eek said:

I think.
    Given the US liking of piling charges on top of charges on top of charges, just 6 charges seems a very small number.
  • On topic.

Death penalty for these morons, these fuckers are denying the jab to people who need it, they have blood on their hands.

Absolute [naughty word that OGH bans people for using.]
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080

The speed which people go full Boris conspiracy theories, remember that one where he was supposed to have secretly flow to Italy to meet a billionaire.

That was an odd one; not some random rumour from Twitter or the blogosphere but an official press release from Italian airport officials, which later, as far as we can see, turned out to be untrue. It is hard to believe they did this based on absolutely nothing.
    "The last thing this country needs at the start of a New Year is for unnecessary rules to hold back the economy, cripple crucial services and see healthy people confined to their homes for no good cause" | Telegraph View https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2021/12/29/ministers-must-ready-cut-covid-isolation-period/
    GUARDIAN: Hospitals urged to find space for 4000 extra beds as cases surge #TomorrowsPapersToday https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1476316165735657482/photo/1

eek said:

I think.
    Enticement of an Individual Under the Age of 17 (Jane only) to Travel
    with Intent to Engage in Illegal Sexual Activity
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,111

I can explain the mindset of protestors such as these.

They start off talking to some people and before long the only people they communicate with on the subject of COVID are from a tighter and tighter group. More and more radical in their... beliefs. They spiral inwards until they disappear up their own arses. From which vantage point they throw shit at the rest of us.

This is exactly how all the other extremisms work. It's how the PIRA found Irish people to blow up pubs. It's how ISIS found Begum.

The process is self filtering. Most fall out of the "spiral" - which increases the "purity" of those that remain.

What you have in the header, is triple distilled nutters.

That's more an osmosis that you describe: PB pedantry. Or a separation cyclotron if you prefer. But the result is the same.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,950

Scott_xP said:

This is just a lie....

My friend in Newcastle tried to book a PCR at 3pm. Was offered only Kelso at 3:30 - nothing else available.
    Did your friend back the 3.30 at Kelso?
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950

Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

This is just a lie....

How do you know when they are taking them.
  • Scott_xP said:

GUARDIAN: Hospitals urged to find space for 4000 extra beds as cases surge #TomorrowsPapersToday https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1476316165735657482/photo/1

Find a tent and put all unvaccinated in it.

Maybe get Channel 4 to send a camera crew around. Great British Fuck Off.
  • Live Updates: Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty of All But One Charge in Sex Trafficking Case

NY Times
  • RobD said:

OT loss of our heritage. The SS Richard Montgomery is to be made safe. That's the shipwreck stuffed full of bombs, hundreds of tons of them, off Sheerness (and seeing it is probably the main reason for going to Sheerness). Soon there will be nothing to see once they've removed its masts (as it is feared they might collapse on to the explosives below).
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/29/sunken-warship-river-thames-explosives-board-could-cause-mass/ (£££)

Hm, I think the headline is a bit misleading. All they are doing is removing the masts. The bombs will still be there, waiting.
    Yes but without the masts there will be nothing to see.
  • How is one to pronounce Ghislaine?

I've heard it pronounced three different ways in the past five minutes.
  • The judge has just adjourned court for the day. No sentencing date has been set yet.

NY Times
  • On topic.

Death penalty for these morons, these fuckers are denying the jab to people who need it, they have blood on their hands.

Absolute Recklesses?
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited December 2021
    IanB2 said:

That was an odd one; not some random rumour from Twitter or the blogosphere but an official press release from Italian airport officials, which later, as far as we can see, turned out to be untrue. It is hard to believe they did this based on absolutely nothing.
    I don't believe that was true. It started with unnamed sources briefing press.

Italian newspaper La Repubblica and publication Umbria24 claim airport sources told them that Mr Johnson “travelled to Perugia” arrived “on Friday, September 11, at 2pm”, but a Number 10 spokesman said: “This claim is wrong.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/boris-johnson-accused-secret-trip-18968102

The official airport response was we checked it isn't true,

“He absolutely did not recently land in Perugia. In recent years, yes, he passed through, but not recently,” Stefano Panato told the Guardian. “I have checked the registries and spoken to people, this is the official denial.”

Panato said the newspapers’ sources may have mistaken Mr Blair for Mr Johnson. “Tony Blair arrived the 13th and left 14th. Someone said the British prime minister had passed through but the British prime minister is no longer Tony Blair,” he said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/italian-airport-quashes-claims-of-boris-johnson-s-secret-trip-1.4360552

Scott_xP said:

You mean there is insufficient supply to meet demand?

Some might even call it, a shortage...
    Have you worked out how to read simple charts yet?
    Tell us again about the evolution of omicron. We always enjoy that one.
  • I was about to go to bed but BREAKING: Jury reaches verdict in the criminal trial of Ghislaine Maxwell.

All good people are in bed by ten o'clock – Jim Callaghan.
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,688

How is one to pronounce Ghislaine?

Her brother pronounced it quite differently to everyone else. I guess he'll have it right.
  • On topic.

Absolute Recklesses?
    Yes.

Tory MP to BuzzFeed on Mark Reckless defecting: “I can’t say the word c**t but he’s a f**king c**t who deserves a hot poker up his arse.”

https://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2014/09/30/memo-to-the-tories-never-hate-your-enemies-it-affects-your-judgement/
    Carnyx said:

I can explain the mindset of protestors such as these.

They start off talking to some people and before long the only people they communicate with on the subject of COVID are from a tighter and tighter group. More and more radical in their... beliefs. They spiral inwards until they disappear up their own arses. From which vantage point they throw shit at the rest of us.

This is exactly how all the other extremisms work. It's how the PIRA found Irish people to blow up pubs. It's how ISIS found Begum.

The process is self filtering. Most fall out of the "spiral" - which increases the "purity" of those that remain.

What you have in the header, is triple distilled nutters.

That's more an osmosis that you describe: PB pedantry. Or a separation cyclotron if you prefer. But the result is the same.
    Cascade enrichment?
    I: 183,037 #TomorrowsPapersToday https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1476316831824687108/photo/1

The front page of the i uses the word shortages. The PB Brain Trust will no doubt write to the editor to explain there is no shortage, there just are not enough to go around.

Hard G silent S
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,005
    Wasn't there a Supreme Court ruling relating to Insulate Britain that suggested a degree of disruption from protest was to be tolerated in a free society - or words to that effect?

I wonder if they might change their mind now.
  • How is one to pronounce Ghislaine?

I've noticed that people who knew her tend to pronounce the first letter as 'g' in 'geek', first syllable to rhyme with 'pea' and second syllable to rhyme with 'pain'.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,259

gillane as in fish gill and penny lane.
    Scott_xP said:

Yep, as mentioned by me earlier. Better than the first Nightingales, but staffing is the critical bit...
  • eek said:

I think.
    across state lines is i think the key line here.
  • Scott_xP said:

I: 183,037 #TomorrowsPapersToday https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1476316831824687108/photo/1

The front page of the i uses the word shortages. The PB Brain Trust will no doubt write to the editor to explain there is no shortage, there just are not enough to go around.

At the pharmacy in Sainsbury's today, there was a big sign saying they had no LFT kits. I bought their last box of masks.

I've noticed that people who knew her tend to pronounce the first letter as 'g' in 'geek', first syllable to rhyme with 'pea' and second syllable to rhyme with 'pain'.
    First syllable rhymes with ill.
  • RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,973
    edited December 2021

Scott_xP said:

I feel desperately sorry for anti vaxxers, more so for falling for much of the rubbish spouted. A colleague at work refused to get it because of “monkey aids”, which I thought he was joking about. Turns out he was dead serious.

But yeah, time to chuck them in a tent and free up the beds for others
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    edited December 2021
    Thread:

We have new results on T cell responses to #Omicron, and its good news!
    Paper submitted for peer review & preprint:
    https://medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.26.21268380v1

TL;DR: Most of your T cell responses from vaccination or previous infection still recognise Omicron.

https://twitter.com/virusmonologues/status/1476221647417921536?s=20

The judge has just adjourned court for the day. No sentencing date has been set yet.

NY Times

Deciding whether her sentence is billions or just millions of years.

I wonder if her suicide watch will be any better than that for her man?
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,742
    edited December 2021
    I'm assuming Prince Andrew's lawyers' absolute masterstroke of trying to get Giuffre's case against him closed down because she lives in Australia means he can stop sweating?

I bet this picture gets used a lot in the next few days.

Is the girl in the middle one of the witnesses in Maxwell's trial?

Ask Nigella Lawson and you'll get a fourth.....

Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

Yep, as mentioned by me earlier. Better than the first Nightingales, but staffing is the critical bit...
    Can we have unvaccinated patients treated by unvaccinated staff in the tents please?
    Well, the staff do apparently come from Social Care...

We don’t know as pseudonyms were used for all prosecution witnesses.

But I bet Prince Andrew currently looks like

• I bet this picture gets used a lot in the next few days.

Wasn't she not called - too unreliable?
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,042
    IshmaelZ said:

Hard G silent S
    Quite a nice name - unlikely to be troubling the baby naming charts for some years though.

No. They decided not, allegedly because she has made so much money out of selling her story over the years that she would be attacked on that basis
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,005
    I want figures for total hospital admissions, not admissions with covid, total numbers in hospital, numbers on oxygen and number of staff available compared to last year. We might then get to the bottom of the problem.
  • The judge has just adjourned court for the day. No sentencing date has been set yet.

NY Times

40 years for one of the charges.

She is 60.

Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

Can we have unvaccinated patients treated by unvaccinated staff in the tents please?
    By treated, do you mean occasional cups of broth?
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,540
    darkage said:

This is a consequence of trying to force people in to getting vaccinated. You can get some people to comply, but then it hardens the views of a another small minority who become consumed by conspiracy theories like these people.

No, it’s not.
    The anti vaxxers have been full on conspiracy nonsense for a long, long time.
    IshmaelZ said:

No. They decided not, allegedly because she has made so much money out of selling her story over the years that she would be attacked on that basis
    Ah, ok thanks.

Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

Not broth, no. I hear it’s too good a cure... For these folk some worming treatment should suffice.

• Scott_xP said:

I feel desperately sorry for anti vaxxers, more so for falling for much of the rubbish spouted. A colleague at work refused to get it because of “monkey aids”, which I thought he was joking about. Turns out he was dead serious.

But yeah, time to chuck them in a tent and free up the beds for others
    Just prioritise every other type of case for ICU. Triage.

That kid needing ICU for brain tumour? He gets to go in first. The Piers Corbyn worshippers get to stay in the corridor until there is capacity. Brutal but what else is fairer?
  • darkagedarkage Posts: 4,746
    RobD said:

Strange. At least with the masts poking out of the sea, and the 'danger' signs on them; people know exactly where the wreck is and to avoid it. It seems that by moving them there would be a greater chance that the wreck is disturbed.
  • Looking at OGH's photo in the header: looks like an incel convention.
  • There’s going to be another gap over NY on data:

And lastly, there will be another 4-day span over new years with no data being released again (1st/2nd/3rd/4th).

No Scottish data will be released at all, and I believe there won't be any data for Wales/Northern Ireland on the 1st/2nd/3rd either.

https://twitter.com/TravellingTabby/status/1476319907344109569?s=20

So expect a major “surge” (sic) on the 5th..
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535

The two tests a week rate was intended to be frequent enough to have a good chance of catching an infection that was substantial enough to likely lead to further infections. It might need to be more frequent with Omicron, but unless there is evidence to back it up I can't see any reason for the public to be doing a daily test unless they work in something like healthcare.

Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

The broth may go cold and lose its efficacy in a tent in a Leicester January.
    That crowd looks a lot whiter and less vegan than your average anti-vaxxers.
  • FishingFishing Posts: 4,555
    Scott_xP said:

"The last thing this country needs at the start of a New Year is for unnecessary rules to hold back the economy, cripple crucial services and see healthy people confined to their homes for no good cause" | Telegraph View https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2021/12/29/ministers-must-ready-cut-covid-isolation-period/

Quite right. We don't want to go the same way as the EU.

The judge has just adjourned court for the day. No sentencing date has been set yet.

NY Times

She is 60.
    I don’t think it makes any difference she’s been found guilty and will be spending the rest of her life in prison.

I suspect it will be the sort of consecutive sentence that the US loves to hand out so probably 60 years in jail.
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

The broth may go cold and lose its efficacy in a tent in a Leicester January.
    Any clinical trials on hot broth vs cold broth? Is it worth looking at the next MRC funding round? :D
    glw said:

The two tests a week rate was intended to be frequent enough to have a good chance of catching an infection that was substantial enough to likely lead to further infections. It might need to be more frequent with Omicron, but unless there is evidence to back it up I can't see any reason for the public to be doing a daily test unless they work in something like healthcare.
    Daily testing with LFTs is recommended for contacts via T and T instead of isolating.
  • Foxy said:

I am currently "isolating". Since I live alone and WFH, there is little difference to my usual life except I now get groceries online.
    I was at my son's over Xmas and he has had a positive PCR. He has not had a booster yet.
    I have a negative LFT, been boosted and I feel fine, but still have to isolate for 10 days.
    I have been requested via the app to take a PCR test, but apparently I should still isolate even if that is negative too, so what's the point in taking one?
    Vaccines work, boosters work. And Johnson, Sturgeon and Drakeford being absolute CU Next Tuesdays with the restrictions doesn't change that.
    I am coming to the conclusion that Track & Trace is simply stopping healthy people from working.

If you have had contact with someone who has COVID-19 you are at higher risk of becoming infected yourself and are strongly advised to take daily LFDs for 7 days.

If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you are not legally required to self-isolate if you are fully vaccinated or you are below the age of 18 years 6 months."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person#exempt

"NHS Test and Trace has identified you as a contact of someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19.

You do not have to self-isolate. However, you should book a PCR test, even if you do not have symptoms.

If you develop symptoms, you should self-isolate immediately before taking your PCR test.

Book your test at https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk/links/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test.

To protect yourself and those around you, follow the guidance for staying safe and helping to prevent the spread of the virus. For more information and details about exemption from self-isolation, visit: https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk/links/guidance-for-contacts

To update details on your Test and Trace account, visit: https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk/ and sign in with your account ID and password."

What did yours say?
    "Please isolate for the full 10 day isolation period, even if you are fully vaccinated, have no symptoms and your PCR result is negative."
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,042
    edited December 2021
    To be clear, I am absolutely against people remaining un-vaccinated against COVID, and I've been vaccinated fully. That said, I don't want this to develop into a situation where the geniuses behind Britain's public health think they can use me as a pin cushion every few months for anything going. One doesn't need to subscribe to a nefarious plot to see that as something to be avoided - simple incompetence makes it a bad idea.

Yes, we must use the vaccines where needed, and thank God for them. But the main focus belongs on us reclaiming our own health, not on jabbing.
  • eek said:

NY Times

She is 60.
    I don’t think it makes any difference she’s been found guilty and will be spending the rest of her life in prison.

I suspect it will be the sort of consecutive sentence that the US loves to hand out so probably 60 years in jail.
    Good. We should embrace consecutive sentences in this country too.

Its beyond a joke that a criminal can commit as many crimes as they like and they'll only ever risk sentencing for one of them, if that.

Foxy said:

What did yours say?
    "Please isolate for the full 10 day isolation period, even if you are fully vaccinated, have no symptoms and your PCR result is negative."
    Are you in Scotland/Wales/NI?
    darkage said:

RobD said:

Strange. At least with the masts poking out of the sea, and the 'danger' signs on them; people know exactly where the wreck is and to avoid it. It seems that by moving them there would be a greater chance that the wreck is disturbed.
    The actual process of removing them sounds quite risky too.
  • To be clear, I am absolutely against people remaining un-vaccinated against COVID, and I've been vaccinated fully. That said, I don't want this to develop into a situation where the geniuses behind Britain's public health think they can use me as a pin cushion every few months for anything going. One doesn't need to subscribe to a nefarious plot to see that as something to be avoided - simple incompetence makes it a bad idea.

Yes, we must use the vaccines where needed, and thank God for them. But the main focus belongs on us reclaiming our own health, not on jabbing.

very good point there

Foxy said:

What did yours say?
    That seems rather strange, and against the advice on the government's website.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    Foxy said:

glw said:

Daily testing with LFTs is recommended for contacts via T and T instead of isolating.
    Yes and that makes sense. What I'm saying is someone in the SG was suggesting people tested daily as a matter of course, which makes...less sense.
  • eek said:

NY Times

She is 60.

Its beyond a joke that a criminal can commit as many crimes as they like and they'll only ever risk sentencing for one of them, if that.
    That's simply untrue.

That's in fact wronger than anyone who said Owen Paterson had no appellate process.
  • FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,865

eek said:

Enticing TSE to f**k a stepmom on pornhub.

eek said:

NY Times

She is 60.

We'll need a heck of a lot more jails then.
This discussion has been closed.