Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

In North Shropshire the betting’s getting tighter – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    RobD said:

Farooq said:

Have just read the Neill / Arcuri spat on twitter.

Wow...

It certainly cheered me up. I don't care which of them goes down in flames. Perhaps both? It's fantastic sport either way.
    I see what you mean, but the worry is that IF the accusation is true, there are some real victims out there. Whatever the facts, such serious criminal accusations *must* be investigated. Even if they were “in the past” (copyright Twat Raab).
    It's a serious accusation?
    His presence on a passenger manifest is proof of paedophilia according to Acuri....

A reminder of one who libelled and lost:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dr-christian-jessenraises-less-than-10k-of-150k-legal-bill-for-libeling-arlene-foster-40565917.html
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    Guido can be safely ignored.
    See also the Telegraph and ZeroHedge.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,164

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

It certainly cheered me up. I don't care which of them goes down in flames. Perhaps both? It's fantastic sport either way.
    I see what you mean, but the worry is that IF the accusation is true, there are some real victims out there. Whatever the facts, such serious criminal accusations *must* be investigated. Even if they were “in the past” (copyright Twat Raab).
    I’m concerned if you think that paedophilia is not a serious accusation.
    Paedophilia is serious. "You're a paedo" is about as serious as it gets. And she is a public figure.
    So there needs to be some evidence or she is in deep, deep trouble.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Farooq said:

Wow...

Pompous twaddle. If I frivolously suggested you were a serial necrophiliac, would you be happy with your private life being scrutinised on the basis that whatever the facts, such serious criminal accusations *must* be investigated?
  • Options

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

His presence on a passenger manifest is proof of paedophilia according to Acuri....

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dr-christian-jessenraises-less-than-10k-of-150k-legal-bill-for-libeling-arlene-foster-40565917.html
    I don’t think he’s even on the passenger manifest, just in the “black book”. Along with lots of people.
  • Options

So are you saying he is wrong
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

Must they?
    Does Arcuri have any evidence? It doesn’t really look like it.
    She better have. Otherwise she’ll be spending the rest of her existence in poverty.
    It seems to be entirely based on the presence of his name in Epstein's book and that photo. Like I said, not serious.
    It may not be a serious accusation. But the accusation is serious.
    Serious for her bank balance, perhaps. I think the correct term is frivolous.
  • Options
    Can't see how. Parties sample returns on the doors. They may also cast an eye over some early postals being opened. How exactly do you prove that the internal polling was from one and not the other? Besides which the poll was not published by the LibDems.

Guido and his team need to do better than that. Shows the Tories are rattled though.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,511
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

Why is Johnson dressing up like a policeman? He looks like a 55 year old at a five year old's fancy dress party.

With reference to that photo of Boris, I found this from the writer of Line of Duty pretty funny:

https://twitter.com/jed_mercurio/status/1467855644149665795
    With every single wanky overwrought tweet, tiktok, instapost, facebook diatribe laughing at Boris or scorning him or just blatantly abusing him, his wife, his kids, his life, his face, his everythingness, his shocking effrontery in even existing and being a Tory AND A VILE BREXITEER I find myself driven back to the idea of voting for Boris again. And again and again and again and again

This unusual psychic reaction is quintupled if said mocking or derisory tweet or op-ed or facebook polemic comes from some stupidly overpaid luvvy, pundit, movie director, and so on

Keep it up, lads, Boris will have a majority of 100+ next time
    He’s quite a successful writer.

I think we used to have a writer on here, but as far as I can tell he was driven mad, went all gammony and vaguely conspiracy-theory. Started voting solely to “own the libs” etc.

I presume he is now in a 12 step and/or witness protection programme.
    ….if the hatred of Trump had not been so overdone, so intense and insane, and so ugly…

…it is always the fucking Remoaner losers at the forefront. Fuck ‘em…

Take a look in the mirror.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,958

Farooq said:

Wow...

Must they?
    She better have. Otherwise she’ll be spending the rest of her existence in poverty.
    Not if her assets are in the US
  • Options

I am saying that Guido is not a serious blog and the people who cite him are trolls.

I can’t be bothered to read the story because it’s undoubtedly bollocks.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

Pompous twaddle. If I frivolously suggested you were a serial necrophiliac, would you be happy with your private life being scrutinised on the basis that whatever the facts, such serious criminal accusations *must* be investigated?
    I did hear Stuart Dickson was a serial necrophiliac, now you come to mention it.
  • Options

I am saying that Guido is not a serious blog and the people who cite him are trolls.

You can read the Observer story and the relevant legislation to make up your own mind. The article quotes polling based on postal votes which does seem to be contrary to the regs.
  • Options

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

Paedophilia is serious. "You're a paedo" is about as serious as it gets. And she is a public figure.
    She's about to write a charity of Mr Neill's choice a very large cheque. Perhaps she might like to sell her "I shagged Boris and all I got was a few lousy contracts" story to the Sundays to cover the bill.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,200
    Dear @Philip_Thompson: when it comes to male scumbags attacking and killing women, embrace your inner @Cyclefree. You know it makes sense!
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,539
    Fair enough, But if I remember correctly, you don't think there is a case to answer on Xmas parties at No. 10 because the offence has been denied and all the guidelines were followed?
  • Options

Well I have to say that is quite an admittance that you have made up your mind on a story you have not read because you do not like the messenger
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

I think he's saying you're embarrassing yourself.

If he's not I am.......
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

Must they?
    It seems to be entirely based on the presence of his name in Epstein's book and that photo. Like I said, not serious.
    I’d prefer the police to draw conclusions, rather than random dudes on an obscure blog.
    The random dudes are just telling you the way things are. If I frivolously say on here that I know you have a long history of sodomising juvenile camels, would you be insisting on an in-depth investigation by the Polismyndigheten?

Or would you think that was a waste of your taxes?
  • Options
    I'm so old I remember when Guido Fawkes said the Batley & Spen by election would be voided based on his evidence.
  • Options

Can't see how. Parties sample returns on the doors. They may also cast an eye over some early postals being opened. How exactly do you prove that the internal polling was from one and not the other? Besides which the poll was not published by the LibDems.

Guido and his team need to do better than that. Shows the Tories are rattled though.
    I expect them to lose to be honest, but the electoral commission will no doubt be the arbiters if it is drawn to their attention
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Fair enough, But if I remember correctly, you don't think there is a case to answer on Xmas parties at No. 10 because the offence has been denied and all the guidelines were followed?
    Big G won’t be satisfied until he has personally examined a photocopy of Boris’s arsecheeks, with the message “Bozo woz ere, Xmas 2020”.

And even then he’ll maunder on here that Boris must have slipped.
  • Options
    That seemed a blatant red card to me.

VAR eh?
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,137
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

Must they?
    It may not be a serious accusation. But the accusation is serious.
    Serious for her bank balance, perhaps. I think the correct term is frivolous.
    Perhaps there are some government grants available.
  • Options
    Roger said:

I think he's saying you're embarrassing yourself.

If he's not I am.......
    I really could not care less what you think to be honest
  • Options

Well I have to say that is quite an admittance that you have made up your mind on a story you have not read because you do not like the messenger
    It’s simple heuristics.

Why waste my time when 99% of Guido’s stories are total crap? Leave it to the easily gulled.

If there’s anything to it, it’ll be picked up by a serious outlet. Until then, it’s just par-for-the-course-Big-G-whataboutery.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Lay the favourite.

Governments don't win by-elections. I'd be shocked if the Tories hold this.

They did in Old Bexley
    Which was a dismal failure by the Opposition.

If the Opposition were credible and looking like winning the next election, then Labour should be winning North Shropshire. They were second last time, have been second all but one time and have regularly gotten over 30% in the past.
    Jeez, they sound terrible. Are you sure you want to lay the favourite after all?
    They are terrible, but the Lib Dems are trying to do from third place what the Opposition is too incompetent to do from second. 🙄
  • Options
    edited December 2021

I expect them to lose to be honest, but the electoral commission will no doubt be the arbiters if it is drawn to their attention
    Yeah, do wake us up when the Electoral Commission rule on this. Lol.
  • Options

There is nothing for them to investigate. The internal poll - even if it is as Guido alleges - was not published.
  • Options

I made the distinction that if it was a party it was illegal, but if it was drinks in a work environment at the end of the day it was not illegal according to the definition on the Marr show

If it is proven a party took place then it was illegal
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,517
    edited December 2021
    But fails to explain why a party, Labour, so brilliant that it should run the country and which came second in NS last time should be encouraging its supporters to make sure it loses even more badly this time, in a leave seat, to the ultra remain party. None of this makes any sense at all. And I still think (uncertainly) that the Tories will win it.
  • Options

It’s simple heuristics.

Why waste my time when 99% of Guido’s stories are total crap? Leave it to the easily gulled.

If there’s anything to it, it’ll be picked up by a serious outlet. Until then, it’s just par-for-the-course-Big-G-whataboutery.
    Anyway, whatever it was, it happened in the past.

That means the police won't investigate.

That's how it works now, isn't it?
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,658

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

She's about to write a charity of Mr Neill's choice a very large cheque. Perhaps she might like to sell her "I shagged Boris and all I got was a few lousy contracts" story to the Sundays to cover the bill.
    How amusing it would be if Arcuri had to sell the story that led to Johnson's downfall to pay off her libel bills to Neil.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,954
    It rather depends on whether the LibDems have access to actual postal vote data, or whether they're just including canvas data which includes people who said 'oh yeah, and I already voted by post'. If the first, it's an issue. If the second, then it's fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    algarkirk said:

But fails to explain why a party, Labour, so brilliant that it should run the country and which came second in NS last time should be encouraging its supporters to make sure it loses even more badly this time, in a leave seat, to the ultra remain party. None of this makes any sense at all. And I still think (uncertainly) that the Tories will win it.
    Of course it makes sense - it makes perfect sense. It's called tactical voting.
  • Options

Farooq said:

Lay the favourite.

Governments don't win by-elections. I'd be shocked if the Tories hold this.

They did in Old Bexley
    Which was a dismal failure by the Opposition.

If the Opposition were credible and looking like winning the next election, then Labour should be winning North Shropshire. They were second last time, have been second all but one time and have regularly gotten over 30% in the past.
    Jeez, they sound terrible. Are you sure you want to lay the favourite after all?
    They are terrible, but the Lib Dems are trying to do from third place what the Opposition is too incompetent to do from second. 🙄
    Has BJO hacked Thommo's PB account?
  • Options

There is nothing for them to investigate. The internal poll - even if it is as Guido alleges - was not published.
    Huh? That's the central claim, that the values were published.
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

I expect the conservatives to lose, but if Labour are a poor third due to tactical voting that will be a problem for Starmer to explain how they say they are coming back in the north
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,619

I doubt it. Having been involved in several by elections this type of stuff gets thrown around regularly and is ignored. Sadly it also means real stuff gets ignored as well. It is generally done to waste the time of the other side, although it normally wastes the time of the police more.

In the Winchester by election one of our deliverers was accused of stealing a pair of trainers. They were rather embarrassed when they found out they had accused the local headmaster.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

Must they?
    I’d prefer the police to draw conclusions, rather than random dudes on an obscure blog.
    The random dudes are just telling you the way things are. If I frivolously say on here that I know you have a long history of sodomising juvenile camels, would you be insisting on an in-depth investigation by the Polismyndigheten?

It’s the MILF camels I go for.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

It rather depends on whether the LibDems have access to actual postal vote data, or whether they're just including canvas data which includes people who said 'oh yeah, and I already voted by post'. If the first, it's an issue. If the second, then it's fine.
    Thank you for providing a sensible answer, unlike some who dismiss it even without reading the article
  • Options

algarkirk said:

I expect the conservatives to lose, but if Labour are a poor third due to tactical voting that will be a problem for Starmer to explain how they say they are coming back in the north
    NS is in the Midlands.
    Smart voters are aware there is a thing called tactical voting.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,181
    edited December 2021

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

She already effectively admitted she doesn't have it and the whole thing was a sarcastically intended reply to a damaging story about her in the Spectator.

In which case she is not so much toast as five day old bread in an incinerator.

However, I should point out Elon Musk got away with something similar. Admittedly that was in America.
  • Options

It’s simple heuristics.

Guido's quote is genuine. Guardian/Observer Saturday 4th Dec 21.00. Toby Helm and Michael Savage. I think the point is arguable enough that I'm not putting the text/link on this site!

• Options
    edited December 2021

IshmaelZ said:

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

Must they?

Bactrian, dromedary, Sopwith or Reynolds?
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,619

rcs1000 said:

Thank you for providing a sensible answer, unlike some who dismiss it even without reading the article
    Oi, Big G I gave the same answer first. Stop sucking up to @rcs1000 cos his dad owns the site. I can spot favouritism.
  • Options
    RobD said:

But they weren't published by the party. They were published in an off the record quote in a story in a newspaper. So even if the figures did come from postals - which nobody can prove - they weren't published by the party who therefore can't be done by the Electoral Commission.
  • Options

Public figures should not use Twitter

Too many tweets make a ......
  • Options

I made the distinction that if it was a party it was illegal, but if it was drinks in a work environment at the end of the day it was not illegal according to the definition on the Marr show

Would the presence or absence of crackers (in Brit sense) be determinative?
  • Options

Public figures should not use Twitter

Too many tweets make a ......
    I don't think Jennifer Arcuri needed any help from Twitter.
  • Options

RobD said:

But they weren't published by the party. They were published in an off the record quote in a story in a newspaper. So even if the figures did come from postals - which nobody can prove - they weren't published by the party who therefore can't be done by the Electoral Commission.
    The regulation states that no person (doesn't matter whether the party published them or not) shall publish data garnered from postal ballots.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

Must they?

Coats.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,024

Leon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

Why is Johnson dressing up like a policeman? He looks like a 55 year old at a five year old's fancy dress party.

With reference to that photo of Boris, I found this from the writer of Line of Duty pretty funny:

With every single wanky overwrought tweet, tiktok, instapost, facebook diatribe laughing at Boris or scorning him or just blatantly abusing him, his wife, his kids, his life, his face, his everythingness, his shocking effrontery in even existing and being a Tory AND A VILE BREXITEER I find myself driven back to the idea of voting for Boris again. And again and again and again and again

This unusual psychic reaction is quintupled if said mocking or derisory tweet or op-ed or facebook polemic comes from some stupidly overpaid luvvy, pundit, movie director, and so on

I think we used to have a writer on here, but as far as I can tell he was driven mad, went all gammony and vaguely conspiracy-theory. Started voting solely to “own the libs” etc.

Who knows? These arty types are weird

But I was listening to a Joe Rogan podcast today as I prowled the Olchon Valley and him and his interviewee made the point that Trump would have got nowhere near beating Biden if the hatred of Trump had not been so overdone, so intense and insane, and so ugly. Forcing people with doubts to think “Fuck it: Trump it is”

And that’s Trump, where some of the fear and loathing is eminently justified. He is a menace to American democracy

Boris, for all his flaws - the kids, the lies, the vanity, the incompetence - is not Trump, yet he gets Trump-level loads of scorn and contempt and personal abuse. It is way overdone and it is always the fucking Remoaner losers at the forefront. Fuck ‘em

I hope Boris wins three more general elections just so they explode with anger
    Boris is not that removed from Trump.
    They are both fat, useless liars, with a certain skill in using PR stunts and woke-baiting to fool the old, senile, and syphilitic.
    There you go. It’s just way over the top. It nauseates
  • Options

Would the presence or absence of crackers (in Brit sense) be determinative?
    I will leave it to those who are better qualified to judge on any evidence provided
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,414

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

Reading between the lines, it looks like Dr. Christian Jessen thinks he can publish what he likes about Arlene Foster because - what? - she's one of the bad guys? She's in Northern Ireland? She doesn't really exist? Once again, an opportunity to shut up missed. Twitter really makes idiots out of people.
  • Options

algarkirk said:

It was a tacit quid pro quo for OB and S. OK, so that didn't go so well, and I'm not expecting this one to go too well either. I am not sure how it harms Starmer though. It could also be tactical voting kite flying for the next GE.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

Must they?

Coats.
    I was just giving free rein to my imagination, as befits a good Cardi.
  • Options
    kjh said:

rcs1000 said:

Oi, Big G I gave the same answer first. Stop sucking up to @rcs1000 cos his dad owns the site. I can spot favouritism.
    Really? I don't see that comment.
  • Options

algarkirk said:

It was a tacit quid pro quo for OB and S. OK, so that didn't go so well, and I'm not expecting this one to go too well either. I am not sure how it harms Starmer though. It could also be tactical voting kite flying for the next GE.
    It does appear to be a very unpredictable election and for me, if Boris loses he will have deserved to
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,133
    ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

She already effectively admitted she doesn't have it and the whole thing was a sarcastically intended reply to a damaging story about her in the Spectator.

However, I should point out Elon Musk got away with something similar. Admittedly that was in America.
    The guy should have sued in England. I believe he only chose to sue in the US because the damages would have been higher had he won.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

In US libel law basic rule (as per NYT v Sullivan) is that to prove libel against a public figure, you must first prove malice.

SCOTUS ruling was based on First Amendment; case itself involved ad placed in NYT to raise money for Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King who was being sued in Alabama for . . . wait for it . . . perjury.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Times_Co._v._Sullivan
  • Options
    I know at least half a dozen people in Epstein’s black book. I’ve met maybe 2 dozen. The idea they are all pedos is QAnon territory

If that is the sole basis for this “accusation” by Arcuri she is about to reap the libel law whirlwind
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,885
    To whom it may concern. I have tonight commenced legal action against Jennifer Acuri. To those who have retweeted her vile and untrue accusations claiming or implying they have even a scintilla of veracity, my lawyers will also be coming after you. You have been warned.
    https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1467961061076832263
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2021

rcs1000 said:

Sensible but questionable. The relevant section says, fairly clearly, that it is an offence to publish anything relating to how voters voted based on information given by them after they have done so and before the polls close.

Access to and publication of real time actual postal voting data is of course a serious offence.

This law relates to publishing data based on what people who have already voted say they have done. You can't. it is illegal. I think the Observer/Guardian may have crossed a line.

• Options
    Scott_xP said:

To whom it may concern. I have tonight commenced legal action against Jennifer Acuri. To those who have retweeted her vile and untrue accusations claiming or implying they have even a scintilla of veracity, my lawyers will also be coming after you. You have been warned.

When will people learn.....
  • Options
    Re Yvette Cooper.

If the only change to Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford is to lose Normanton then the constituency will probably be slightly better for the Conservatives.

It will certainly not be 'much safer' for Labour.
  • Options
    Leon said:

TimS said:

eek said:

Foreign travel is going to be a PITA or a pipe dream for a while yet.

Yep - I'm now planning for next year to be trips to Wales and Cornwall and a lot of weekends away.
    I had one trip to France planned for next summer, but I'm already resigned to that not happening now.
    Got a weekend to Bruges booked for late Jan, because I'm a stupid optimist (but free cancellation).
    I’m off to stay with my new billionaire friend in Ibiza at the weekend. My feeling now is Fuck it
    Don’t get a runny nose, whatever you do. I’m not sure we can cope with another week of whiney Sean posts as you traverse the River Styx.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Leon said:

I know at least half a dozen people in Epstein’s black book. I’ve met maybe 2 dozen. The idea they are all pedos is QAnon territory

If that is the sole basis for this “accusation” by Arcuri she is about to reap the libel law whirlwind

"The idea they are all pedos..." That 'all' begs a question.
  • Options
    So does John Swinney win both today's 'Boastful Authoritarian' and 'Out of touch with reality' awards ?

Or has someone exceeded even Swinney's 'take a test every day' level of stupidity ?
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

But I was listening to a Joe Rogan podcast today as I prowled the Olchon Valley and him and his interviewee made the point that Trump would have got nowhere near beating Biden if the hatred of Trump had not been so overdone, so intense and insane, and so ugly. Forcing people with doubts to think “Fuck it: Trump it is”

And that’s Trump, where some of the fear and loathing is eminently justified. He is a menace to American democracy

Boris, for all his flaws - the kids, the lies, the vanity, the incompetence - is not Trump, yet he gets Trump-level loads of scorn and contempt and personal abuse. It is way overdone and it is always the fucking Remoaner losers at the forefront. Fuck ‘em

They are both fat, useless liars, with a certain skill in using PR stunts and woke-baiting to fool the old, senile, and syphilitic.
    Mote. Beam. Ginormous twat.
  • Options

Leon said:

TimS said:

eek said:

Yep - I'm now planning for next year to be trips to Wales and Cornwall and a lot of weekends away.
    I had one trip to France planned for next summer, but I'm already resigned to that not happening now.
    Got a weekend to Bruges booked for late Jan, because I'm a stupid optimist (but free cancellation).
    I’m off to stay with my new billionaire friend in Ibiza at the weekend. My feeling now is Fuck it
    Don’t get a runny nose, whatever you do. I’m not sure we can cope with another week of whiney Sean posts as you traverse the River Styx.
    it’s actually Menorca - I was so delirious with excitement I got confused - what makes it so excitingly interesting is that I am joining a ayahuasca ceremony. First time in my life. I confess to a soupçon of nerves
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,592

Roger said:

Johnson in campaigning mode is a
    Construction Worker, a Cop, a Biker (well cyclist anyway) only a Cowboy and a Native American and we have a full set of the Village People.
    I'm thinking he is in an episode of Mr Benn. I am just hoping that the shopkeeper appears soon...
  • Options

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Farooq said:

Wow...

In US libel law basic rule (as per NYT v Sullivan) is that to prove libel against a public figure, you must first prove malice.

SCOTUS ruling was based on First Amendment; case itself involved ad placed in NYT to raise money for Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King who was being sued in Alabama for . . . wait for it . . . perjury.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Times_Co._v._Sullivan
    While I am fully aware of that, I don't think anyone disputes that Musk's tweet was motivated by malice.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Roger said:

Construction Worker, a Cop, a Biker (well cyclist anyway) only a Cowboy and a Native American and we have a full set of the Village People.
    I'm thinking he is in an episode of Mr Benn. I am just hoping that the shopkeeper appears soon...
    It feels more like an episode of Mr Bean, tbh.
  • Options

Leon said:

Roger said:

Nope. He’s off to Ibiza to not do what Andrew didn’t do.
  • Options

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

Scot. Nat. Reeking old twat.

At least mine: has internal rhyme
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    rcs1000 said:

kjh said:

rcs1000 said:

It is your Dad? I had impression none of both your posts ever agree with each other 😯
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

kjh said:

rcs1000 said:

It is your Dad? I had impression none of both your posts ever agree with each other 😯
    Just like a father and son in fact.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

Scot. Nat. Reeking old twat.

At least mine: has internal rhyme
    Speaking of Scottish Nationalists, has John Swinney actually finally parted company with his brain cell, or has he been overimbibing on the usquebaugh?
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,539
    Leon said:

Leon said:

TimS said:

eek said:

it’s actually Menorca - I was so delirious with excitement I got confused - what makes it so excitingly interesting is that I am joining a ayahuasca ceremony. First time in my life. I confess to a soupçon of nerves
    You may wish to read this in advance:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-51053580

Sounds like just your sort of thing!
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

TimS said:

eek said:

I hear it makes all sorts of inner personalities to come out ...
  • Options

Re Yvette Cooper.

If the only change to Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford is to lose Normanton then the constituency will probably be slightly better for the Conservatives.

It will certainly not be 'much safer' for Labour.

Boundary changes are probably pretty neutral at Best for Cooper although Normanton going into Hemsworth probably helps Jon Trickett hold on to his seat.

• Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

TimS said:

eek said:

I would google that, but once bitten twice shy. I once made the mistake of googling one of your obscure Japanese sex words beginning with B. Never been the same since.
  • Options
    I

Leon said:

Leon said:

TimS said:

eek said:

I do hope I don’t “overwhelm” the shaman. Or, indeed, become so scared of the hallucinatory jaguar god eating my liver from my thrashing body i never return to sanity (yes yes, I know, I know)

OTOH I have friends who absolutely SWEAR by ayahuasca
  • Options
    Leon said:

What do you reckon, two-thirds? three quarters?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,592
    ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

Roger said:

It feels more like an episode of Mr Bean, tbh.
    Could be...
  • Options
    MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,442
    RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Neil's such a cunt.
    I think he has every right to defend himself.
    Of course. I just find him so very strange. He always seems so desperately angry about the UK he helped to create.
  • Options
    Leon said:

I

Leon said:

Leon said:

TimS said:

eek said:

I do hope I don’t “overwhelm” the shaman. Or, indeed, become so scared of the hallucinatory jaguar god eating my liver from my thrashing body i never return to sanity (yes yes, I know, I know)

My understanding is the stuff used in Europe isn't actually ayahuasca.
  • Options
    Neil’s performance on Twitter tonight has amplified any harm to his reputation caused by Acuri. Seriously - if you want to take legal action by all means but do it in the morning with a letter before claim rather than getting the world and Barbara Streisand talking about it first.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

As most of them are multimillionaires, and quite a few billionaires, I’d rein in any such commentary

In fact I was slightly surprised to see that you were NOT on the list. Yet yer dad made it?

Epstein knew where the real power lies. Lib Dems in Bedfordshire
  • Options

Leon said:

I

Leon said:

Leon said:

TimS said:

eek said:

My understanding is the stuff used in Europe isn't actually ayahuasca.
    I think it is if you are worth £2.3bn and you are an American mogul fascinated by entheogens
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,915
    How would you feel if you were an Arsenal fan who'd had a big bet on Richarlison to score first and to score two?

I'll tell you... you'd wish it was 2-1 Everton!
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,803
    DougSeal said:

Neil’s performance on Twitter tonight has amplified any harm to his reputation caused by Acuri. Seriously - if you want to take legal action by all means but do it in the morning with a letter before claim rather than getting the world and Barbara Streisand talking about it first.

Oh, what's Barbara saying?
  • Options
    Omicron causing up to 1,000 infections a day.
    Professor Francois Balloux, director of UCL Genetics Institute says #omicron outbreak well underway, doubling every three to four days and will quickly put NHS under pressure, via @SkyNewsThomas

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-omicron-causing-up-to-1-000-infections-a-day-many-more-than-official-figures-suggest-leading-scientist-says-12488640
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

DougSeal said:

Oh, what's Barbara saying?
    Her effect on the case is quite startling
  • Options
    Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

As most of them are multimillionaires, and quite a few billionaires, I’d rein in any such commentary

In fact I was slightly surprised to see that you were NOT on the list. Yet yer dad made it?

Epstein knew where the real power lies. Lib Dems in Bedfordshire
    FWIW, I don't know who's in the 'Book', but as with you, I suspect I've met a fair number of them. Admittedly, they were all wearing masks at the party, so I couldn't be sure exactly who was who.
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Neil's such a cunt.
    I think he has every right to defend himself.
    Of course. I just find him so very strange. He always seems so desperately angry about the UK he helped to create.
    Strange is a far cry from what you said earlier. Why are you so desperately angry about him?
This discussion has been closed.