Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Starmer’s successor looks set to be one of these three – politicalbetting.com

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

You know what, I've got this tiny feeling IT CAME FROM THE LAB

"3 takeaways from the recently released EcoHealth grant proposals & reports:

1. By March 2018, they had a roadmap for detecting & inserting novel rare (furin) cleavage sites into novel low risk SARS-like viruses.

2. By 2019, chimeric human pathogen MERS-CoV research was ongoing.

3. Several groups of people were aware of either one or both of the points above and decided not to say anything about it for close to 2 years since SARS2 emerged in Wuhan."

https://twitter.com/Ayjchan/status/1454083865556000775?s=20

Tbh I stopped reading your post after mention of 'rare cleavage sites' in point 1.
    Meh. I was right. I've said it came from the lab since about June of last year. I am vindicated, Ignore all you want
    Lol - you may well be right, or you may not be.

I can't really get exercised by it. If you're right, what practical difference would it make? I already know China is a nasty, controlling, dangerous regime... and thers f*ck all I (or the rest of the world, it seems) can do about it.
    I am right, and as to one reason why my rightness is important, see my comment down below. These mad fuckers are doing science which could - literally - destroy humanity
    And, beyond worrying, I can do what exactly?
    We do still live in democracies - I hope. We are not helpless Chinese peons.

Public opinion must see the guilty parties brought to justice, and scientists must be told Fuck This Bubonic Shit
    Speak for yourself.
    確實為自己說話
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,531

A morbid thought but what happens if HMQ dies on the eve of, or during, the Cop26 conference?

To be utterly cynical: Johnson gets out of a total hole as the whole thing is shaping up to be a flop.
    Expectations are so low for it that unless the places burns down during the conference from a freak heatwave it will be sold as a success.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,572
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

I don't see this as helpful for Macron or France. A leading EU country calling on the EU to "damage" a former member state, to prove the folly of leaving the EU?

It sounds unhinged, even if it has its own cold logic. It was also a private letter. I reckon it was leaked to hurt French interests and/or specific politicians. It could just be some internal French rivalry: an enemy of Macron/Castex

What a weird way to find out that even with a decade + of zero use, my French appears to be better than that of... 99% of the Brexit commmentariat in the UK.

That letter *doesn't* say that the EU should hurt the UK to show that Brexit was a bad idea. It really just doesn't.

https://twitter.com/sylviademars/status/1454191198982316038
    No, it really does

He says, end of page one, that the EU must *show* (montrer) that it is more harmful to leave than to stay (qu'il y a davantage de dommages à quitter l'Union qu'à y demeurer).
    Can you post a link to the letter?
    https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1454180320169930753?s=20
    Ta
  • Options
    Farooq said:

IshmaelZ said:

Farooq said:

Foss said:

kle4 said:

What will be the effect on the practical lives of Brits if the Queen does die? I knwo there will be official mourning but what does that mean beside a lot of Nicolas Witchell and everyone looking really sad on TV ? Will shops shut ,cinemas close etc?

The plans are known in detail.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

But at its most basic, even if you are a royalist, avoid television for two weeks. And on the day probably several things will close early, but most not I suspect. So practical effect looks like not that much.

And I don't think there's an 'If' about it.
    The London Bridge plans might have been revised after complaints about DofE RIP overkill.
    Anything but Nicolas Witchell. Charles is not a fan....
    It's still possible she could outlive him.
    We can all row in behind the notion that HM the Q outlives Nicholas Witchell....
    Not me. I like Witchell more than I like Brenda.
    Odd. I can't understand disliking Brenda, but if you do surely someone parasitic on her is even worse?
    It's not like he's parasitic on her... he doesn't take her money or time or precious bodily fluids.
    But since you bring parasitism up..
    https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/bizarre-love-life-of-the-anglerfish.html
  • Options

French more decent than fellow Anglospherians shock.

White Man speak with forked tongue. No wonder you Scots are fucked if you haven't worked that out for yourselves.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,645
    kinabalu said:

Cyclefree said:

Queen advised to rest for at least the next fortnight by the doctors.

London Bridge is going to fall down soon isn't it?

I hope not.

I wonder whether she's had some sort of minor stroke. Might explain the advice about giving up drinking.
    I'm the very opposite of being a doctor
    ...You're an assassin?

To be honest it is not a complete shock, you've always had an undercurrent of darkness.
  • Options
    Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

I don't see this as helpful for Macron or France. A leading EU country calling on the EU to "damage" a former member state, to prove the folly of leaving the EU?

It sounds unhinged, even if it has its own cold logic. It was also a private letter. I reckon it was leaked to hurt French interests and/or specific politicians. It could just be some internal French rivalry: an enemy of Macron/Castex

What a weird way to find out that even with a decade + of zero use, my French appears to be better than that of... 99% of the Brexit commmentariat in the UK.

That letter *doesn't* say that the EU should hurt the UK to show that Brexit was a bad idea. It really just doesn't.

No, it really does

He says, end of page one, that the EU must *show* (montrer) that it is more harmful to leave than to stay (qu'il y a davantage de dommages à quitter l'Union qu'à y demeurer).
    That says, There are disadvantages to leaving the Union just as there are disadvantages to staying in it.
    "that there is MORE damage to leaving the Union than in staying there"
    Sorry yes you are right
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775

Farooq said:

IshmaelZ said:

Farooq said:

Foss said:

kle4 said:

What will be the effect on the practical lives of Brits if the Queen does die? I knwo there will be official mourning but what does that mean beside a lot of Nicolas Witchell and everyone looking really sad on TV ? Will shops shut ,cinemas close etc?

The plans are known in detail.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

But at its most basic, even if you are a royalist, avoid television for two weeks. And on the day probably several things will close early, but most not I suspect. So practical effect looks like not that much.

And I don't think there's an 'If' about it.
    The London Bridge plans might have been revised after complaints about DofE RIP overkill.
    Anything but Nicolas Witchell. Charles is not a fan....
    It's still possible she could outlive him.
    We can all row in behind the notion that HM the Q outlives Nicholas Witchell....
    Not me. I like Witchell more than I like Brenda.
    Odd. I can't understand disliking Brenda, but if you do surely someone parasitic on her is even worse?
    It's not like he's parasitic on her... he doesn't take her money or time or precious bodily fluids.
    But since you bring parasitism up..
    https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/bizarre-love-life-of-the-anglerfish.html
    :lol:
  • Options
    Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

That says, There are disadvantages to leaving the Union just as there are disadvantages to staying in it.
    Hardly the "punishment beating" we were told though.

Indeed a statement of banal truth.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 46,853

lol. What do you expect Biden to do? He doesn't say France is MORE, he is saying France is just as loyal, decent, blah blah diplowank

Biden is the guy who warmly embraced Macron in Cornwall, even as, behind the scenes, he was plotting with Johnson and ScoMo to sabotage the biggest French defence deal in history, steal all France's business, and set up a new Anglo Saxon defence alliance explicitly excluding the French, despite a decade of Australian promises to Paris

He's hardly gonna double down on the insults, there is no need, America got what it wanted (as did Boris and Morrison)
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,161
    Foxy said:

A morbid thought but what happens if HMQ dies on the eve of, or during, the Cop26 conference?

To be utterly cynical: Johnson gets out of a total hole as the whole thing is shaping up to be a flop.
    Expectations are so low for it that unless the places burns down during the conference from a freak heatwave it will be sold as a success.
    Even if that happens, Johnson will walk away from the inferno, dust himself down, declare that England is rising once again, and call an early general election.
  • Options

Foxy said:

Even if that happens, Johnson will walk away from the inferno, dust himself down, declare that England is rising once again, and call an early general election.
    ..and win
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

Ok Wickham's wrong though. That letter does not say "France tells Brussels it must demonstrate that Britain has been damaged by leaving the EU".

Nor does the letter call on the EU to "damage" a former member state, as you suggested earlier.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,130
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

But this is a Macron trying to arrange it to be harder, I.e. exactly what is implied by ‘punishment beatings’. I don’t expect our friends in the EU to give use special treatment. We left the place where that existed. But it would be nice if our allies (NATO) and the country we spent money and lives to liberate didn’t actively set out to harm us for having the temerity to leave the EU.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,027

Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

Ok Wickham's wrong though. That letter does not say "France tells Brussels it must demonstrate that Britain has been damaged by leaving the EU".

Nor does the letter call on the EU to "damage" a former member state, as you suggested earlier.
    How do you think Castex wants the EU to "montrer" the "dommages"? He's not asking them for a Powerpoint presentation.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

Perhaps. But this is the French Prime Minister asking the European Commission to SHOW European public opinion that Brexit will be more harmful to Britain than Remaining.... and this is in regard to some fishing licences??!!

So it really is all about Brexit, it's fuck all to do with fish, France wants Britain to hurt, and to be seen to be hurting, so other European countries don't get ideas about quitting. That's it. That's what it says

Your pathetic shrug really is a giveaway. If a British Leaver prime minister sent a letter like this, asking for a European ally to be harmed, solely for the benefit of some public opinion, you and all your fellow Remoaners would blow a fucking gasket

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

geoffw said:

But will it necessarily play out well for Macron? It's doubtful he'll be able to turn it into an EU v UK matter unless the UK side has breached some agreement. But then does he back down quickly or escalate to non-fishing areas?

I wonder how he's planning on dragging this out until the election date without getting embarrassed?
    It's about winning, it's about creating an external enemy.
    To be fair to Macron, I don't think he created the notion of Les Rosbifs being the external enemy.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

If only there was a phrase, in French*, that meant to make a display of punishment to prevent further infractions by others.

(I am assuming not actually a French idiom)
  • Options

Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

It calls for a punishment beating, to educate European public opinion on the evils of Brexit. That's what it says. Denying this is futile. Remainers are cretins
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

White Man speak with forked tongue. No wonder you Scots are fucked if you haven't worked that out for yourselves.
    Tbf plenty of us were the white men that spoke with forked tongue.
    And there’s no one whiter (literally) than a Scotchman.
  • Options

Foxy said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

If only there was a phrase, in French*, that meant to make a display of punishment to prevent further infractions by others.

I believe it was a French response to the execution of a British admiral, pour encourager les autres. Not sure what Les had done though...
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,470
    edited October 2021
    "The catastrophe of NHS Test and Trace
    It wasn’t just a waste of money – it failed to prevent two more lockdowns.
    ANDREW ORLOWSKI"

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/10/29/the-catastrophe-of-nhs-test-and-trace/
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

It calls for a punishment beating, to educate European public opinion on the evils of Brexit. That's what it says. Denying this is futile. Remainers are cretins
    No, Leavers are cretins.

Solidarity is the basis of a Union and we are no longer in it.
  • Options

Foxy said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

I believe it was a French response to the execution of a British admiral, pour encourager les autres. Not sure what Les had done though...
    Byngo!
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

How do you think Castex wants the EU to "montrer" the "dommages"? He's not asking them for a Powerpoint presentation.
    By not doing anything to ameliorate the inherent disadvantages for the UK of Brexit.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

No, Leavers are cretins.

You can sort of see why the EU, a union of consent, might wave a big, encouraging stick from time to time. Why the UK, a union of constraint, feels the need to is another question.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

Never let the facts get in the way of your ridiculous prejudices.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,802
    Andy_JS said:

ANDREW ORLOWSKI"

Ironically, the specific failure of test and trace in Wolverhampton, and the resulting COVID surge in Wessex, might be as near as we ever get to evidence that T&T at least did something.
  • Options
    It's just possible that both remainers and leavers are cretins
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,104
    Foxy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest-reigning_monarchs

I'm a staunch supporter of the Queen (but not the Monarchy). She's got to get number one and displace the French.

May 27th 2024.

That's 25 days after the next general election if the FTPA isn't repealed or circumvented.
    Is that the over/under line?

I would go under.
    It's the date at which her reign would exceed in length that of Louis IX, and become the longest reigning monarch of all time.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

No, Leavers are cretins.

Your denial of what this letter says, and all that it implies, is just dim. It is there, written down. Everyone can see the many translations

To be fair to smarter Remainers on Twitter, they are admitting that this is an embarrassing mistake, at best, and not at all helpful for France/Brussels.

It does shine a light on elite French thinking, tho. Deep down they see Brexit as an existential threat to the EU, which is their core ideology. We must never be allowed to prosper EVER, or others will follow our example. This is a big problem for them, and because of them, for us. They REALLY need to get over Brexit
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Pro_Rata said:

Andy_JS said:

ANDREW ORLOWSKI"

Ironically, the specific failure of test and trace in Wolverhampton, and the resulting COVID surge in Wessex, might be as near as we ever get to evidence that T&T at least did something.
    I’m not convinced we are having a surge of cases. We are seeing the surge of retesting, and that is now subsiding.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    Farooq said:

No, leavers are cretins period!.
  • Options

Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

By not doing anything to ameliorate the inherent disadvantages for the UK of Brexit.
    And what, exactly, does this have to do with fish?
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,524
    Farooq said:

What does that make fence-sitters?
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,945
    Blimey.
    Just flicking through channels and Graham Norton is interviewing....
    Obama and Springsteen.
    He's upped his guest quality.
  • Options

Farooq said:

half and half
  • Options
    Farooq said:

I would allow that

There is one intriguing etymology of "cretin" which derives it from the French/Latin for Christians, ie - anyone or everyone

Cretin (n.)
    1779, from French crétin (18c.), from Alpine dialect crestin, "a dwarfed and deformed idiot" of a type formerly found in families in the Alpine lands, a condition caused by a congenital deficiency of thyroid hormones. The word is of uncertain origin. By many it has been identified with Vulgar Latin *christianus "a Christian," a generic term for "anyone," but often with a sense of "poor fellow." Related: Cretinism (1796).

https://www.etymonline.com/word/cretin

We are ALL cretins
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,802

Pro_Rata said:

Andy_JS said:

ANDREW ORLOWSKI"

I’m not convinced we are having a surge of cases. We are seeing the surge or retesting, and that is now subsiding.
    Retests and new tests are something those with access to the raw (anonymised) data sets could split out. Would be an interesting thing to do. Retesting is deffo a substantial skewing factor though.
  • Options

Farooq said:

Bold, visionary heroes.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    dixiedean said:

Blimey.
    Obama and Springsteen.

Or they've gone down in the world?
  • Options
    Leon said:

Farooq said:

I would allow that

There is one intriguing etymology of "cretin" which derives it from the French/Latin for Christians, ie - anyone or everyone

Cretin (n.)
    1779, from French crétin (18c.), from Alpine dialect crestin, "a dwarfed and deformed idiot" of a type formerly found in families in the Alpine lands, a condition caused by a congenital deficiency of thyroid hormones. The word is of uncertain origin. By many it has been identified with Vulgar Latin *christianus "a Christian," a generic term for "anyone," but often with a sense of "poor fellow." Related: Cretinism (1796).

We are ALL cretins
    Don't you go dragging clever and interesting anecdotes into my everyone-sniping.
    You'll make me seem like I've actually got a point or some deep wisdom.
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,524
    Leon said:

Farooq said:

I would allow that

Cretin (n.)

We are ALL cretins
    Though some more than others.
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

Pro_Rata said:

Andy_JS said:

ANDREW ORLOWSKI"

I’m not convinced we are having a surge of cases. We are seeing the surge or retesting, and that is now subsiding.
    Retests and new tests are something those with access to the raw (anonymised) data sets could split out. Would be an interesting thing to do. Retesting is deffo a substantial skewing factor though.
    If you look at say the Wiltshire cases on the dashboard there is a definite hump up and now it is returning back to where it was. I know from acquaintances that they were offered fresh tests. The wise ones turned them down as they were clearing the Covid but would surely still test positive on PCR and thus book 10 more days shut in. I think others have been less discerning.
    I think the ons did not show big differences in the SW from the average, so if the surge was real, we’d have seen it.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,213
    edited October 2021
    kle4 said:

Farooq said:

Bold, visionary heroes.
    I have no strong feelings one way or another.
  • Options
    Watching a rather amusing Korean drama on Netflix. They often seem to have weird tones, these Korean shows - it's about a South Korean business heiress and a North Korean soldier, and it's half romantic soap opera, and then half, suddenly, 'Right, she's stuck in North Korea and they could both be killed at any moment by the authorities'.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,161
    kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

Blimey.
    Obama and Springsteen.

Or they've gone down in the world?
    Springsteen has. Normally he would be supporting a Clinton. :smiley:
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,027
    Spare a thought for Denis MacShane's friend who is really suffering because of Brexit:

@DenisMacShane
    A friend, successful French businessman in UK emails that his favourite wet suit (water ski) comes from Germany. No longer delivered to UK. His favourite sox are from Selfridges but can't order them on line. Shower gel is Czech. They deliver worldwide but not UK. Bravo Brexit!

https://twitter.com/DenisMacShane/status/1454145787798167558
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328

Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

No, it is little more than a reiteration of Merkel's mantra that there must be costs to leaving the EU.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Foxy said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

Wasn’t it capturing Gibraltar on the grounds it was more valuable than his instructed target of Minorca?
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Spare a thought for Denis MacShane's friend who is really suffering because of Brexit:

@DenisMacShane
    A friend, successful French businessman in UK emails that his favourite wet suit (water ski) comes from Germany. No longer delivered to UK. His favourite sox are from Selfridges but can't order them on line. Shower gel is Czech. They deliver worldwide but not UK. Bravo Brexit!

Who on Earth has favourite socks? Or is fussy about shower gel?
    And regularly buys wet suits?
    Dislike the term Remoaner. But... Some years ago this would be described as unspoofable.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Foxy said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

No, Leavers are cretins.

You can sort of see why the EU, a union of consent, might wave a big, encouraging stick from time to time. Why the UK, a union of constraint, feels the need to is another question.
    Because in this example they self evidently have no case. There are plenty of situations I assume where they would be able to justify their actions
  • Options
    Am watching NBA for the first time in years.
    The standard of shooting is bloody incredible.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Not a basketball fan, but whenever I catch clip compilations and the like it's pretty impressive stuff, in a way I feel it'd be harder to tell for a football novice watching random clips.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,909
    I suggest Mike knocks this thread on the head pour encourager les autres.
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,174

@DenisMacShane

I know the shower gel he's talking about, probably. It's on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Shower-300ml-Czech-Republic/dp/B07QDKBX54

And, in fact the manufacturer will ship to the uk:

Russians and Ukrainians, though? Out in the cold...
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,321

Pro_Rata said:

Andy_JS said:

ANDREW ORLOWSKI"

I’m not convinced we are having a surge of cases. We are seeing the surge of retesting, and that is now subsiding.
    Not convinced we can read much into the case numbers because of the testing variation, but they seem to be fairly steady around 40K. What's more worrying is the hospitalisation number which has been rising steadily towards 10K over the last few days.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

Not a basketball fan, but whenever I catch clip compilations and the like it's pretty impressive stuff, in a way I feel it'd be harder to tell for a football novice watching random clips.
    Used to play. (Was 5 10 at age 12). It is a damned sight harder to even hit the rim, let alone get it in, than it looks.
    Am still 5 10 btw.
    My stubborn refusal to grow taller ruined my nascent career.
    Absolutely wonderful sporting experience to sit on the front row courtside. Even for British game. One of the sports much more impressive live at close quarters.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Foxy said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

Wasn’t it capturing Gibraltar on the grounds it was more valuable than his instructed target of Minorca?
    Both Gibraltar AND Menorca were ceded to Britain by the Treaty of Utrecht.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924
    This is a depressing article for anyone worried about racism in the US: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/10/kenosha-charlottesville-georgia-trials-justice-system-race.html
  • Options
    Scottish Independence Voting Intention:

Yes: 48% (=)
    No: 52% (=)

Via
    @SavantaComRes
    , 22-28 Oct.
    Changes w/ 3-9 Sep.

8 of the last 10 polls have shown a lead for NO, one has shown a lead for YES

No way Sturgeon is ever calling her indyref2
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,109
    edited October 2021
    Charles said:

Foxy said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

No, it really does

No. He was ordered to relieve Minorca, which was under French attack. However, he had insufficient soldiers to effect a landing and after being challenged by the French, with his already small and undermanned fleet damaged, he returned to Gibraltar with the intention of repairing and coming back with a fresh force to have another go.

However, the British government received him of command before he could make the attempt. Thereby ironically dooming the garrison at Minorca, which is what Byng was actually shot for…
This discussion has been closed.