Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Marf on Rochester and Harry Hayfield’s local and Westminste

Comments

• Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,131

Danny565 said:

Emily Thornberry now the top story on BBC News, where before she was just mentioned in passing in the main story about the Tories' imminent byelection loss.

The complete lack of PR nous at the top of the Labour party...

How many people are watching BBC news at this time of night? It'll all be forgotten in the morning when Reckless gets his Warholian moment. I know she's a favourite on PB but how many voters would know who the shadow attorney general is?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,995
    edited November 2014
    TimB Well Bill is rumoured to have said 'she has had more women than I have!' Seriously though, women running for the top job have to be more macho than the men, look at Thatcher, Merkel, Golda Meir, Rousseff, Sturgeon etc none exactly model beauties of ladylike behaviour
  • Options

Drop Myleene Petition passes 6000

Would have thought most red blooded males might like that

Terrible week for Ed.

Have you noticed the consistent* Tory lead with YouGov since was pwned by Myleene. Just imagine the monstering Ed's going to get from the Tories during the next election.

He's going to be as rubbish as a Hannibal at Zama.

*My use of consistent may cause epistemological problems, of sufficient magnitude as to lay upon the logical and semantic resources of the English language a heavier burden than they can reasonably be expected to bear.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

TimB Indeed, I could well see Hillary picking a Hispanic running mate, for the first ticket ever without a white male

There are rumors that Hillary IS a white male :-)
    Lol!

I had a fun five pound throw away bet years back that it would be a Hillary/Condi ticket. I think I got 200/1.

I guess that wasn't really a very good price?

• Options
    Splitting infinitives is fine anyway. Often it is the best word order. Complaining about split infinitives is false pedantry.

NB I never use them in client letters, because too many people mistakenly think that they're bad English.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

how many voters would know who the shadow attorney general is?

Zero.

There isn't one...
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    kle4 said:

Taxpayers may have to spend more than £3bn to stop Parliament turning into an unusable "ruin", Newsnight understands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30137334

I'm...actually ok with that amount. Politically difficult though I imagine.

Let it fall down... on the heads of those inside, preferably!
  • Options

Grandiose said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Everybody put up their St George flags yet?

ET sums up metropolitan Labour oh so very well.

I thought about hanging out my flag, but didn't want to attract too many Labour canvassers!
    Never had you down as a Chav!!

Are you at DD tomorrow? Will you be wearing your Burberry Baseball cap?

I will have my I love the NHS badge on!!
    Should I pop round and tell my Asian neighbours that you think they are chavs?

Seems Emily is not alone in her views
    If you want I am pleased you are on good terms with them.

I used to have a big Union Jack flag with Dronfield Owls written on it

Flags are rubbish these days especially on cars.

Cuts down your MPG too.

I also used to go to away matches with scarfs out of both back windows.

Was getting through about 10 scarves a season.

Unlike you and Emily I generally don't judge people by what flags they hang out of their windows.
    Bet you don't have car flags though do you?

Or a white van.

Perhaps you can introduce me to your Asian neighbours they sound a wonderful example of the great Multicultural Society we have become to me.
    I am in Colchester, do come up if you can bear to mix with the working class.

We have people from everywhere around here.

I was pleased they hung out England flags you and your party think of them as chavs though - mores the pity.

We can talk about the problems of getting a child into an overcrowded primary school whilst you are here,

I didn't know you were in Colchester, floater!

I grew up in one of the villages outside (which I shan't name, for privacy reasons) and went to school there.

I am quite astounded that anyone could live anywhere that wasn't in any way socially mixed at any point in their lives.
    Although I was born in India, I spent part of my childhood in Colchester, from when I was about 6 months old till I was about 3.
    So you're the second greatest person ever to have lived in Colchester.
    Why thank you! But - Who's the greatest?
    Margaret Thatcher, she lived in Colchester during the 50s, briefly.
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 937

Grandiose said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

I thought about hanging out my flag, but didn't want to attract too many Labour canvassers!

Cuts down your MPG too.

Unlike you and Emily I generally don't judge people by what flags they hang out of their windows.

Or a white van.

Perhaps you can introduce me to your Asian neighbours they sound a wonderful example of the great Multicultural Society we have become to me.

I was pleased they hung out England flags you and your party think of them as chavs though - mores the pity.

We can talk about the problems of getting a child into an overcrowded primary school whilst you are here,

I grew up in one of the villages outside (which I shan't name, for privacy reasons) and went to school there.

I am quite astounded that anyone could live anywhere that wasn't in any way socially mixed at any point in their lives.
    Although I was born in India, I spent part of my childhood in Colchester, from when I was about 6 months old till I was about 3.
    The emperor Claudius of course!
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 4,020
    I must admit to being bemused by the interpretation being undertaken by posters in relation to Farage/Reckless/Tory comments. What makes people think they know what will happen much better than us? They don't have private polling more recently than we do, I suspect. They have canvass data, but this site has proven canvass data unreliable many times in the past.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,204
    She resigned?? lol
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    RobD said:

She resigned?? lol

Who wouldn't?
  • Options
    Kle4 Tonight Ken has been pro EU, pro immigration and anti Mansion tax, well I suppose the LDs might hold their deposit in Kensington and Richmond!
  • Options
    The former Prime Minister was no stranger to Essex.

After graduating from Oxford University in 1947, Baroness Thatcher, then known as Miss Margaret Roberts, lived in Colchester.

She lived in lodgings in the town for two years from 1948 until 1950 while working as a research chemist at the BX Plastics Company in Brantham near Manningtree. The future Prime Minister would catch the bus from Colchester to Brantham every morning.

http://www.heart.co.uk/essex/news/local/essex-thatchers-county-connection/
  • Options

Grandiose said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Cuts down your MPG too.

Or a white van.

I'm thinking Graham Gooch, but it might be Caesar.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,201
    Burnham 2nd most obsessed with the NHS person in the UK.

UKIP MP to vote to repeal Lansley Bill good on him.
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245

Grandiose said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Cuts down your MPG too.

Or a white van.

Me. I lived in Goojerat barracks for nearly three years.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Splitting infinitives is fine anyway. Often it is the best word order. Complaining about split infinitives is false pedantry.

NB I never use them in client letters, because too many people mistakenly think that they're bad English.

Agreed. It's all right to split as long as you don't do it in public.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Dougie -No-Mates getting slaughtered on QT
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 93,315
    edited November 2014

Danny565 said:

Emily Thornberry now the top story on BBC News, where before she was just mentioned in passing in the main story about the Tories' imminent byelection loss.

How many people are watching BBC news at this time of night? It'll all be forgotten in the morning when Reckless gets his Warholian moment.
    Probably. Still an overreaction to sack her over this, but it was almost literally done too quickly for outrage to properly build up - the paper headlines to whip people up haven't been seen my most yet - and it's now older news than the Reckless win, even though him winning was expected.
    RobD said:

She resigned?? lol

The word resigned has no fixed meaning in politics of course, like football management.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,131

Jesus Christ. Just when you think Ed can't get any more ridiculous this happens. The cluelessness is breathtaking. Tough on tweets. It really is The Thick of It.

Wait a minute. Give Ed a break. We don't even know if it was his decision. Maybe she really did resign. Or perhaps Ed was facing a potential mutiny from others within the party.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

But do you put in subtle pop music references in to your letters like someone who shall remain nameless does.
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 937
    I think I win!
  • Options
    Kent online have done a straw poll of Rochester:
    http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/exit-polls-suggest-landslide-win-27328/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

UKIP 49%
    CON 29%
    LAB 16%
    GRN 6%
    LD 0% (yes ZERO)

I wrote here weeks ago that the LD might be beaten by the Loonies.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,514
    Today has been like an episode of The Thick of It, but with far less swearing.

Except by Ed, I suspect.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

kle4 said:

Taxpayers may have to spend more than £3bn to stop Parliament turning into an unusable "ruin", Newsnight understands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30137334

I'm...actually ok with that amount. Politically difficult though I imagine.

Let it fall down... on the heads of those inside, preferably!
    But it's such a wonderful building! At least put it to better use!
  • Options

After graduating from Oxford University in 1947, Baroness Thatcher, then known as Miss Margaret Roberts, lived in Colchester.

She lived in lodgings in the town for two years from 1948 until 1950 while working as a research chemist at the BX Plastics Company in Brantham near Manningtree. The future Prime Minister would catch the bus from Colchester to Brantham every morning.

Brantham is in Suffolk.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/exit-polls-suggest-landslide-win-27328/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

UKIP 49%
    CON 29%
    LAB 16%
    GRN 6%
    LD 0% (yes ZERO)

Voodoo poll.
  • Options

Okay, step back time. Let's be clear for a sec, using detective skills.

Reckless last night inadvertently declared his hand i.e. it's not the thumping victory he'd originally expected.
    Farage tonight says it's no massive win
    Tories say there's absolutely no chance whatever they will win.

Ergo, it's probably a UKIP win by 5-10%, possibly a little higher but not a thumping 20% lead.

Tyndall, the reason UKIP are no different from the rest are that they're playing the same stupid tired old mind games as the others. It's as pathetic from Farage as it is from Cameron, Clegg and Miliband. Sorry to you-kippers on here but you're a far cry from a new political force.

Why not take my under five seats bet then if you are that confident
    10% is the benchmark.

For every percentage point above that, Farage's smile grows wider.

If it's 20% or more, his face is likely to split in half.

• Options
    Ken Clarke really is excellent isn't he.

How did he lose the leadership contest.

• Options
    Out of interest, at what point can information from the opening of postal votes legally be disclosed? Does it have to be authorised by the Returning Officer?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

Grandiose said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Cuts down your MPG too.

Or a white van.

Amazing — so did the singer Sade.
  • Options
    UKIP did better than expected in both Heywood and Clacton. I think it's more likely than not the same thing will happen in Rochester.
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    antifrank said:

Brantham is in Suffolk.
    Colchester however is very much in Essex.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

UKIP 49%
    CON 29%
    LAB 16%
    GRN 6%
    LD 0% (yes ZERO)

Is it "scientific" enough?

• Options

antifrank said:

But do you put in subtle pop music references in to your letters like someone who shall remain nameless does.
    One client once agreed that we could uplift our bill by 10% if we wove ten pop song titles of his choice into serious letters of advice. That was the easiest uplift I've ever earned.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Speedy said:

UKIP 49%
    CON 29%
    LAB 16%
    GRN 6%
    LD 0% (yes ZERO)

Voodoo poll.
    Close to the actual opinion polls though.
  • Options
    Ken was one of the best SOS for Health in my 32 years

Lansley was the worst IMO closely followed by Milburn and Hunt
  • Options
    @hopisen: Updated social media guide: things not to take pics of, put on internet: 1. Your bits. 2. You drinking champagne 3. You in pants 4. A house

@mrianleslie: Thornberry stuff makes me nostalgic for less politically correct times. Churchill used to tweet whatever he bloody well felt like tweeting.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Dougie -No-Mates getting slaughtered on QT

By the elite like Yasmin?

As Emily proved today people like her and hypocrite Burnham are driving people to UKIP
  • Options
    "Dan Ware, the man who’s England flags and white van were photographed by Emily Thornberry, to her cost, has been speaking to the Telegraph. He said that he voted Conservative in 2010, that he did not know there was a byelection on and that he thought Thornberry was a snob."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2014/nov/20/rochester-and-strood-byelection-results-live-coverage
  • Options
    Ms Chakravarty is pretty spot on about the NHS.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Speedy said:

UKIP 49%
    CON 29%
    LAB 16%
    GRN 6%
    LD 0% (yes ZERO)

Is it "scientific" enough?

They call it an exit poll and a straw poll, my guess is that they asked a number of voters as they left the polling stations.
    You can ask them yourself: medwaymessenger@thekmgroup.co.uk
  • Options

Burnham was worst for the patients, and they are more important than you
  • Options
    Ken Clarke - Nobody understands the Lansley reforms
  • Options
    Useless fact: the R&S count is taking place in Gillingham which is, funnily enough, in the Gillingham & Rainham constituency.
  • Options
    Bloody shouty on QT today.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

UKIP 49%
    CON 29%
    LAB 16%
    GRN 6%
    LD 0% (yes ZERO)

Should UKIP's lead be even half the 20% indicated by this straw poll, I'll be a very surprised but richer chappie.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Rees-Mogg has done a Matthew Parris, insulting Rochester voters already:

Rees-Mogg ‏@JakeReesMogg 2m2 minutes ago
    Might I be the first to welcome Rochester back to the Middle Ages?
  • Options

by the elite like Yasmin?

Yes.

Worrying, isn't it?

Even someone as "gifted" as Yasmin Alibai Brown has him floundering around like George Foreman on the ropes in the 8th round after being rope-a-doped by Muhammed Ali.

• Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 26,032
    I can't believe they made her resign over that!! Not a hugely likeable tweet, but really??
  • Options
    antifrank said:

antifrank said:

One client once agreed that we could uplift our bill by 10% if we wove ten pop song titles of his choice into serious letters of advice. That was the easiest uplift I've ever earned.
    Why did I never have clients like that.

I once managed to segue in most of the words of Never Gonna Give You Up.
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    AndyJS said:

"Dan Ware, the man who’s England flags and white van were photographed by Emily Thornberry, to her cost, has been speaking to the Telegraph. He said that he voted Conservative in 2010, that he did not know there was a byelection on and that he thought Thornberry was a snob."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2014/nov/20/rochester-and-strood-byelection-results-live-coverage

How the heck can you have been living in R&S over the last 5 weeks and not know there was a byelection on?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    Speedy said:

That's not the real Rees-Mogg
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    The Buffalo Bills NY Jets game will not take place in Buffalo on Sunday. It will be rescheduled and relocated.

There are doubts that the game a week on Sunday will be played in Buffalo.

There is a driving ban and apparently 220,000 tons of snow at the stadium.

2 feet more of snow is expected.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,833

I can't believe they made her resign over that!! Not a hugely likeable tweet, but really??

That is the power of Trial by Social Media. Death by a thousand Comment is Free cuts
  • Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019
    chestnut said:

Ms Chakravarty is pretty .

I definitely agree with that!
  • Options
    chestnut said:

by the elite like Yasmin?

Yes.

Worrying, isn't it?

Even someone as "gifted" as Yasmin Alibai Brown has him floundering around like George Foreman on the ropes in the 8th round after being rope-a-doped by Muhammed Ali.

I had a pound on Ali to win in the eighth at 66/1, happy days
  • Options
    isam said:

Speedy said:

Will the real Rees-Mogg please stand up?
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,904

By taking a position on one issue (Europe, and specifically the Euro) which most of the party felt strongly about and which most of the party disagreed strongly with. (And which history showed that he was totally wrong about.)

If, at any time biome between 97 and 05 he had been prepared to compromise even a little bit on this one issue the leadership was his for the taking. The fact that he didn't is both admirable and utterly exasperating.
  • Options
    Blue_rog said:

chestnut said:

Ms Chakravarty is pretty .

I definitely agree with that!
    Yes
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    isam said:

Speedy said:

Correction, are you sure it's not him, there's only one twitter account with his name and it's this one:
    https://twitter.com/JakeReesMogg
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    kle4 said:

Danny565 said:

How many people are watching BBC news at this time of night? It'll all be forgotten in the morning when Reckless gets his Warholian moment.
    Probably. Still an overreaction to sack her over this, but it was almost literally done too quickly for outrage to properly build up - the paper headlines to whip people up haven't been seen my most yet - and it's now older news than the Reckless win, even though him winning was expected.
    RobD said:

She resigned?? lol

The word resigned has no fixed meaning in politics of course, like football management.
    Labour have got themselves into a mess and its all because of the way Cameron treated the result of the IndeRef. I doubt the kippers will give him much credit.
    A No vote followed by more devolution for Scotland but with EVEL as suggested by Cameron has spooked Labour.
    They protested about Cameron's proposal and EVEL and have thus managed to persuade Scots that they are trying to slow down more devolution, despite what Brown promised and of course by complaining about EVEL they risk annoying English voters.
    So when a shadow minister exploits an English flag they run scared.
    Its bad news for Labour not for the event but for the inability to deal with it. Its doubly stupid when you consider Labour were really quite happy for labour voters to 'protest' at the government as a way of embarrassing the tories. Now its them that look stupid.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,302
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Ken Clarke more leftwing than Burnham on QT

New entertaining Clarke scenario - he defects to the ravaged LDs after 2015 and is elected Leader, now they are free of their RedLiberal section (and most of their votes)
    That's a good idea. He's obviously not a Conservative, Labour, or UKIP.
  • Options
    timmo said:

AndyJS said:

How the heck can you have been living in R&S over the last 5 weeks and not know there was a byelection on?
    Works for a living?

And reads the Sun!
  • Options
    antifrank said:

antifrank, you evidently have highly educated clients - my guess would be that the overwhelming majority wouldn't recognise a split infinitive was were one to painfully hit them between the eyes.
  • Options

Not true he was pretty good overall

Hundreds of new modern hospitals lowest ever waiting lists all good for patients

Resulting in the Highest ever patient satisfaction levels.

Lansley reforms are a conflict of interest for GPs with commissioning and provider roles and costing a fortune with all organisations in the NHS employing marketing departments and tendering teams to win business off each other rather than treating patients.

Still you know best.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

If, at any time biome between 97 and 05 he had been prepared to compromise even a little bit on this one issue the leadership was his for the taking. The fact that he didn't is both admirable and utterly exasperating.

Spot on.

• Options
    Tim_B said:

The Buffalo Bills NY Jets game will not take place in Buffalo on Sunday. It will be rescheduled and relocated.

The other day I read that Buffalo had 5 feet of snow over night! - the pix were amazing but pretty ghastly for the inhabitants I'd imagine.
  • Options

That is the power of Trial by Social Media. Death by a thousand Comment is Free cuts
    It's a form of mob rule, isn't it?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

antifrank said:

antifrank, you evidently have highly educated clients - my guess would be that the overwhelming majority wouldn't recognise a split infinitive was were one to painfully hit them between the eyes.
    True, and all the better for it, much as I would normally sing the praises of as much education as possible.
    Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Ken Clarke more leftwing than Burnham on QT

New entertaining Clarke scenario - he defects to the ravaged LDs after 2015 and is elected Leader, now they are free of their RedLiberal section (and most of their votes)
    That's a good idea. He's obviously not a Conservative, Labour, or UKIP.
    It is incredible how accepted it is that he is not really a Conservative despite going on 45 years as an MP, shows just how far someone can get from the current direction of travel in a party. If he doesn't defect then he should stand for as many years as it takes for the Tories to swing back around to be more like him again, even if it means 70 years+ in parliament. Could be a while, the newer batches are pretty far away at the moment.
  • Options
    timmo said:

AndyJS said:

And he was one of the 64% who did vote in 2010.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,302

He thought that joining The Euro was a great idea.

In the same way that Abraham Lincoln thought "I'm tired of kicking round the house, let's take in a show" was a great idea, according to Captain Blackadder.

• Options
    Tim_B said:

I watched the Redskins last week, Tim.

Is there any hope that the snow will last long enough for them to improve?

• Options

Hundreds of new modern hospitals lowest ever waiting lists all good for patients

Lansley reforms are a conflict of interest for GPs with commissioning and provider roles and costing a fortune with all organisations in the NHS employing marketing departments and tendering teams to win business off each other rather than treating patients.

Still you know best.
    I'm not blinded by being able to retire at 54 with a big pension.

Perhaps you could name the HUNDREDS of new modern hospitals, and while you are at it please detail the cost of any hospitals that were built under the PFI he signed up to.
  • Options
    Flag man was a Tory
  • Options
    Speedy said:

isam said:

Speedy said:

Correction, are you sure it's not him, there's only one twitter account with his name and it's this one:
    https://twitter.com/JakeReesMogg
    Yeah pretty sure, read the blog it's a spoof
  • Options

Cookie said:

Spot on.

He wouldn't lie to please the mob.

What a scoundrel.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Still you know best.

Perhaps you could name the HUNDREDS of new modern hospitals, and while you are at it please detail the cost of any hospitals that were built under the PFI he signed up to.
    I could but cant be arsed.

You cant get over this early retirement thing can you.

EDITED
  • Options
    @adamboultonSKY: #RochesterandStrood count. Rumours @LibDems tanking in early tallies. Behind @UKIP Con Lab Green Monster Raving Loonies maybe Charlotte Rose
  • Options
    I'm surprised we haven't had an official turnout figure yet.
  • Options
    Hmm rumours its not as big a win as first thought...
  • Options

Tim_B said:

The other day I read that Buffalo had 5 feet of snow over night! - the pix were amazing but pretty ghastly for the inhabitants I'd imagine.
    Some parts of the city had 6 feet in 24 hours. Oddly the airport got only 4 inches.

I lived in Toronto many years ago and we were in awe of how much snow Buffalo got. My US immigration attorney was in Buffalo and inevitably it would have lake effect snow before my visits.

But snow on this scale - and with an estimated 2-3 feet more coming - is unprecedented.
  • Options
    LDs may be behind dominatrix candidate in early counting in R and S, Nick Robinson
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Scott_P said:

@adamboultonSKY: #RochesterandStrood count. Rumours @LibDems tanking in early tallies. Behind @UKIP Con Lab Green Monster Raving Loonies maybe Charlotte Rose

No excuse for such pathetic results, even with all their troubles. Pitiful.

Will no-one but UKIP have reason to smile tomorrow? Even a half smile?
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Some parts of the city had 6 feet in 24 hours.

@LouiseSchiavone: Here's what all that snow in Buffalo looks like when you open your front door. http://t.co/F0hT15GjJJ
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,851
    edited November 2014
    Nick Robinson: Lib Dems could well finish behind dominatrix-independent.

Immigrants voting UKIP, he says.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 4,020

Nick Robinson: Lib Dems could well finish behind dominatrix-independent.

Immigrants voting UKIP, it seems.

Didn't Shadsy offer 25/1 on that event. Anyone on?
  • Options
    isam said:

Care to share?
  • Options
    isam said:

The "poll" posted earlier which pointed to a 20pt lead would be utterly devastating for us Blues. But thankfully, I don't believe it's true!
  • Options
    I claim the crown for tipster of the week:

Britain Elects @britainelects · 2m 2 minutes ago
    Early count tallies indicate the Liberal Democrats might be in seventh place behind the Monster Raving Loony Party.
  • Options
    Ducks sake.

I backed Charlotte Rose to beat off the Lib Dems at 25/1.

Sadly it was in Clacton and not Rochester
  • Options
    NHS Plan 1997

4000 more doctors, nurses and medical students by 2004

Consultants to commit their first seven years to the NHS

7000 more beds and 100 new hospital building schemes by 2010

All patients to see a GP within 48 hours by 2004

All were exceeded by 2010

But N4E knows best

• Options
    chestnut said:

isam said:

Care to share?
    @MichaelHeaver on twitter, my PC goes wonky trying to link from there
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    HYUFD said:

LDs may be behind dominatrix candidate in early counting in R and S, Nick Robinson

Shouldn't that read "underneath dominatrix candidate"? [although I'm not au fait with these things]
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Early count tallies indicate the Liberal Democrats might be in seventh place behind the Monster Raving Loony Party.

How has Clegg survived this long?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    In 1990 the SDP closed shop after they were beaten by the Monster Raving Loonies in a westminster by-election, will the LD's have the decency to do the same tonight?
  • Options

Tim_B said:

I watched the Redskins last week, Tim.

Is there any hope that the snow will last long enough for them to improve?

The snow was in Buffalo, not DC. The truth is that RG3 is not a very good quarterback. He has trouble reading coverages and cannot slide.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800
    edited November 2014

Still you know best.

I could but cant be arsed.

You cant get over this early retirement thing can you.

EDITED
    That is completely out of order.

Please find one single post I have ever made abusing Asians, that is a disgusting slur and you should be banned for making it.

And you cannot name hundreds of hospitals because it isn't true and you know it.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Ask Dr. Owen what the next step should be...
This discussion has been closed.