Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Marf on Rochester and Harry Hayfield’s local and Westminste

Comments

• Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,163
    Lib Dems doing appallingly and Ukip not winning by as big a margin as hoped? All just rumours but it suggests Lib Dems voting tactically for the Tories.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

Speedy said:

I claim the crown for tipster of the week:

Britain Elects @britainelects · 2m 2 minutes ago
    Early count tallies indicate the Liberal Democrats might be in seventh place behind the Monster Raving Loony Party.

How has Clegg survived this long?
    The money and vanity of government.
  • Options

Speedy said:

Early count tallies indicate the Liberal Democrats might be in seventh place behind the Monster Raving Loony Party.

I've been told I'm responsible for keeping Ed as leader.

Because of this thread I wrote

http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2014/09/22/explaining-the-ed-miliband-polling-paradox/

• Options
    Scott_P said:

Tim_B said:

Some parts of the city had 6 feet in 24 hours.

@LouiseSchiavone: Here's what all that snow in Buffalo looks like when you open your front door. http://t.co/F0hT15GjJJ
    Arf - That's awesome. ; )
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 78,005
    edited November 2014
    Wonder, was it the tweet or her comment about the tweet that did for Thornberry?

"Image of Rochester", if Bad Al was still about would have been spun no problem as something positive or at least not particularly negative. Of course he would be lying / covering up and he never did any of that.

However, tweeting that image and then telling the Daily Mail

'It was a house covered in British flags. I've never seen anything like it before.

'It had three huge flags covering the whole house. I thought it was remarkable. I've never seen a house completely covered in flags.'

When pressed that flying flags was common, she said: 'I was brought up in a council house and I've never seen anything like it.'

'I thought it was absolutely amazing,' she added.

Her spin was worse than the tweet...

What do Baldwin and the bloke from the Mirror that Ed has as his spin doctors do all day? See who can get him to look like more of a tit?
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Ashcroft had a 12 point win for UKIP with a Tory regain in May. Seems like a reasonable yardstick to work from.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 93,589
    edited November 2014

Speedy said:

They assumed there had to be some kind of recovery for them as the GE approached and no-one wanted to be tainted with the brush of also having led the LDs in the coalition, and now it's too late to do anything about it. Now it's just time to see if it is a disaster or a mega-disaster, and build a new party out of the ashes.

Night all.
  • Options
    Ken Clarke is already a member of our new moist tory party winoweurotgays
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    edited November 2014

Ken was one of the best SOS for Health in my 32 years

Lansley was the worst IMO closely followed by Milburn and Hunt

Burnham was worst for the patients, and they are more important than you
    Not true he was pretty good overall

Hundreds of new modern hospitals lowest ever waiting lists all good for patients

Resulting in the Highest ever patient satisfaction levels.

Lansley reforms are a conflict of interest for GPs with commissioning and provider roles and costing a fortune with all organisations in the NHS employing marketing departments and tendering teams to win business off each other rather than treating patients.

Still you know best.
    Hundreds of new modern hospitals? Where are they hidden?

No wonder the NHS has such problems when the administrators can't count. Good job you left really, after bottling it at the sight of Lansley.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    edited November 2014

Wonder, was it the tweet or her comment about the tweet that did for Thornberry?

"Image of Rochester", if Bad Al was still about would have been spun no problem as something positive or at least not particularly negative. Of course he would be lying / covering up and he never did any of that.

However, tweeting that image and then telling the Daily Mail

'It was a house covered in British flags. I've never seen anything like it before.

'It had three huge flags covering the whole house. I thought it was remarkable. I've never seen a house completely covered in flags.'

When pressed that flying flags was common, she said: 'I was brought up in a council house and I've never seen anything like it.'

'I thought it was absolutely amazing,' she added.

Her spin was worse than the tweet...

What do Baldwin and the bloke from the Mirror that Ed has as his spin doctors do all day? See who can get him to look like more of a tit?

Plus she had previously tweeted a picture of a house with three St George Flags on it in 2012
  • Options

NHS Plan 1997

4000 more doctors, nurses and medical students by 2004

Consultants to commit their first seven years to the NHS

7000 more beds and 100 new hospital building schemes by 2010

All patients to see a GP within 48 hours by 2004

All were exceeded by 2010

But N4E knows best

Apart from the fact that your post does not make a lot of sense, do you think 4,000 more doctors and nurses was enough to cover the huge rise in population?
  • Options

Speedy said:

http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2014/09/22/explaining-the-ed-miliband-polling-paradox/

How can the LDs have a better 'disliked' rating than UKIP or the Tories? If that were the case surely they'd not lose all these deposits in humiliating fashion? Or is that because they've stopped being reviled by many, but only because now they are not even considered at all, which is even worse.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,278
    edited November 2014

Hundreds of new modern hospitals lowest ever waiting lists all good for patients

Lansley reforms are a conflict of interest for GPs with commissioning and provider roles and costing a fortune with all organisations in the NHS employing marketing departments and tendering teams to win business off each other rather than treating patients.

Still you know best.
    I'm not blinded by being able to retire at 54 with a big pension.

Perhaps you could name the HUNDREDS of new modern hospitals, and while you are at it please detail the cost of any hospitals that were built under the PFI he signed up to.
    I could but cant be arsed.

You cant get over this early retirement thing can you.

EDITED
    That is completely out of order.

Please find one single post I have ever made abusing Asians, that is a disgusting slur and you should be banned for making it.

And you cannot name hundreds of hospitals because it isn't true and you know it.
    I thought you were the TSE abuser asking him to decide which side he was on

If it was not you I apologise

You do know fook all about the NHS though. The 100 new hospital build target thing was exceeded but i am not spending time looking for it as you will not believe it anyway.
  • Options
    Fwiw. The Tories in r&s think they have lost by @3k. This was however before the count started.
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    Tories win Bramhall South and Woodford...
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Speedy said:

How can the LDs have a better 'disliked' rating than UKIP or the Tories? If that were the case surely they'd not lose all these deposits in humiliating fashion? Or is that because they've stopped being reviled by many, but only because now they are not even considered at all, which is even worse.
    I have pondered this, I think it might be partly that, that people dislike Clegg a lot but not the Lib Dems
  • Options
    Early tallies indicate UKIP in mid 40s. Conservatives mid-to-high 30s. May change as rest of verification finishes.

Early tallies also indicate the Greens could come fourth tonight, saving their deposit too.
    Relative good night for them if true.

• Options

Fwiw. The Tories in r&s think they have lost by @3k. This was however before the count started.

That would definitely be a good result for them, if true.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,851
    AndyJS said:

Useless fact: the R&S count is taking place in Gillingham which is, funnily enough, in the Gillingham & Rainham constituency.

Itself likely to be receptive to a bit of UKIP.

• Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669

Scott_P said:

Tim_B said:

@LouiseSchiavone: Here's what all that snow in Buffalo looks like when you open your front door. http://t.co/F0hT15GjJJ
    Lake Effect snow is amazing - the storm passes over (in this case) Lake Ontario, the warm water increases the moisture content and then the snow falls with huge, wet, and heavy flakes. I once went to Buffalo after they'd had 3 feet of snow. It was amazing.

One of the most noticeable things is the silence. Snow absorbs noise like nothing else.
  • Options

Still you know best.

No wonder the NHS has such problems when the administrators can't count. Good job you left really, after bottling it at the sight of Lansley.
    When you find out tell N4E he wants to know as well.

Alternatively

I presume you will admit you were wrong if I get round to listing the 100+ new builds at some point when i can be arsed?
  • Options

Lib Dems doing appallingly and Ukip not winning by as big a margin as hoped? All just rumours but it suggests Lib Dems voting tactically for the Tories.

Don't for God's sake let Mike Smithson see this - it would be enough to make him choke on his breakfast cornflakes.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Speedy said:

I have pondered this, I think it might be partly that, that people dislike Clegg a lot but not the Lib Dems
    Maybe. I cannot say I know many LDs round my way who have anything good to say about Clegg, so for those outside the party it should be even fewer; I'm much more likely to consider that for all his faults he's been hard done by than they would be to say such a thing.
  • Options

antifrank said:

Splitting infinitives is fine anyway. Often it is the best word order. Complaining about split infinitives is false pedantry.

NB I never use them in client letters, because too many people mistakenly think that they're bad English.

But do you put in subtle pop music references in to your letters like someone who shall remain nameless does.
    Is there something I should know?
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Speedy said:

In 1990 the SDP closed shop after they were beaten by the Monster Raving Loonies in a westminster by-election, will the LD's have the decency to do the same tonight?

Bootle (1990 [a]), co-incidentally Nuttall's patch...
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

antifrank said:

Splitting infinitives is fine anyway. Often it is the best word order. Complaining about split infinitives is false pedantry.

NB I never use them in client letters, because too many people mistakenly think that they're bad English.

But do you put in subtle pop music references in to your letters like someone who shall remain nameless does.
    Please please tell me now.
  • Options
    The count might finish very late:

Lucy Aitkens ‏@LuckyAitkens 8m8 minutes ago
    Ok peeps / what time is this result coming out? #RochesterStrood #skynews

Sebastian Payne
    @SebastianEPayne
    @LuckyAitkens 3-4am
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,301
    Speedy said:

Sebastian Payne
    @SebastianEPayne
    @LuckyAitkens 3-4am

*looks smugly on from CA (-8hrs GMT)*
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176
    Has Andrew Neill got a new wig for the occasion?
  • Options

Still you know best.

Alternatively

I presume you will admit you were wrong if I get round to listing the 100+ new builds at some point when i can be arsed?
    If you post them I will apologise, but make sure you also post how much the total cost is under P
    FI
  • Options

antifrank said:

This means nothing to me.
  • Options
    glw said:

kle4 said:

Thornberry going seems something of an overreaction, but either good to bury the chaos on a terrible night for the Tories, or else nice of them to distract from the terrible night for the Tories.

They have distracted from Tories. No wonder Ed was reported to be angriest ever. It is incompetence beyond words.
    I would flipping love to see Ed getting angry, I imagine it is like a hungry puppy yapping at its owner. Utterly terrifying! :)

Total bloody over reaction about the flags though, they must be getting in a tizz at Labour HQ.
    I think Ed getting angry would be like Moss from IT Crowd trying to get angry....

• Options
    edited November 2014

Haha. Closer than we thought. Or...

BF saying Con 4.8, or is that a bug?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @BethRigby: Billed as two-horse race between Tories & Ukip, Labour ended up centre stage in crunch by-election....*story re-top* *bangs head on desk*

@Claire_Phipps: #emilythornberry day 2: newsdesks send photographers to find Islington homes with 3+ England flags their MP has "never seen"
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,993
    Lab beaten into fourth by the greens in Bramhall South and Woodford. Not territory which traditionally favours Labour, to be fair. Probably quite good news for the Lib Dems in Cheadle that the mass-abandonment of their voters to Labour doesn't appear to be happening in this neck of the woods at least. Tories will obviously be pleased to hold the ward.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Speedy said:

Sebastian Payne
    @SebastianEPayne
    @LuckyAitkens 3-4am

Declaration number, Rochester & Strood / Medway / Rochester & Chatham:

2010: 497
    2005: 555
    2001: 192
    1997: 506
    1992: 309
    1987: 245
    1983: 564
    1979: 246
    1974 (O): 94
  • Options
    Labour says turnout in Rochester was 53%.
  • Options
    Alan Johnson

"Emily Thornberry came from a very poor council House Background"

"In fact, Emily Thornberry’s personal story is a good deal more interesting than her outburst would suggest. She did indeed grow up in a council house, in the absence of her father. But if anyone thought she was just an ordinary working-class girl made good, they were mistaken. Her mother Sallie, alas no longer with us, was a most courageous and distinguished person, and also much-loved by political allies and opponents alike. She was a teacher by profession, and an active and popular Labour councillor who became, despite the privations and difficulties of her life, Mayor of Guildford in Surrey, by no means a Labour town.
    But the family was not fatherless in the sense that it had never had a father. Nor was Sallie Thornberry unmarried. On the contrary, she was married to a distinguished and talented academic lawyer, Cedric Thornberry, who lectured at the London School of Economics, and rose to become Assistant General Secretary of the United Nations. He is still active in the international human rights industry"

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2012/06/the-phoney-outrage-of-emily-thornberry-slime-factories-on-overtime.html
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 118,270
    Rod Given the past record of some of their MPs, I would imagine a few LDs are not entirely unused to coming under a dominatrix!
  • Options

No idea but Miranda Green looks better each week
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Scott_P said:

Tim_B said:

Lake Effect snow is amazing - the storm passes over (in this case) Lake Ontario, the warm water increases the moisture content and then the snow falls with huge, wet, and heavy flakes. I once went to Buffalo after they'd had 3 feet of snow. It was amazing.

One of the most noticeable things is the silence. Snow absorbs noise like nothing else.
    I phoned my sister who lives in NYC last week to check how things were, I think they had less than a foot of snow. To say she was not impressed was to put it mildly, 5 ft of snow and I think she'd have hibernated till next spring.

http://message.snopes.com/photos/natural/graphics/buffalo3.jpg
  • Options
    Bramhall South & Woodford (Stockport) vote result:
    CON - 2080
    LDEM - 1502
    GRN - 197
    LAB - 132
  • Options
    It looks like the Buffalo Bills NY Jets game will be moved to Monday in either Detroit or Toronto. Both are domed stadiums.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Stockport Bramhall South

Con 2080 LD 1502 Green 197 Lab 132

Small swing from LD to Con since May ( UKIP took 538 votes in May )
    Swing from Con to LD compared to 2011 and 2012

This ward is in the Cheadle parliamentary constituency and the only Cheadle ward the Conservatives have never lost .
  • Options

No idea but Miranda Green looks better each week
    She's got make-up on tonight. Probably been at a do.
  • Options
    Bramhall South & Woodford (Stockport) result:
    CON - 53.2% (+8.2)
    LDEM - 38.4% (+5.3)
    GRN - 5.0% (+5.0)
    LAB - 3.4% (-5.5)
  • Options
    Main party candidates, Maidstone & The Weald — (Green candidate just selected):

Con: Helen Grant
    Lab: Allen Simpson
    LD: Jasper Gerard
    UKIP: Eddie Powell
    Green: Hannah Patton
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Scott_P said:

Tim_B said:

I phoned my sister who lives in NYC last week to check how things were, I think they had less than a foot of snow. To say she was not impressed was to put it mildly, 5 ft of snow and I think she'd have hibernated till next spring.

http://message.snopes.com/photos/natural/graphics/buffalo3.jpg
    Here in Atlanta a few years back we had 4 inches of snow. The place shut down for a week. I was trapped in my home for 4 days. The snow removal plan here is the sun. There was no sun for 4 days.
  • Options
    Hello... tory price come in from 150 to 55 in last few mins
  • Options
    Actually those figures about UKIP being 3-4000 votes ahead were just after the polls closed and before the count started:

KentOnline @Kent_Online · 2h 2 hours ago
    Indications are Mark Reckless will have a majority of between 3 and 4,000. http://bit.ly/1xHvgX9

So probably those early figures could be postal votes.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Speedy said:

Sebastian Payne
    @SebastianEPayne
    @LuckyAitkens 3-4am

Declaration number, Rochester & Strood / Medway / Rochester & Chatham:

2010: 497
    2005: 555
    2001: 192
    1997: 506
    1992: 309
    1987: 245
    1983: 564
    1979: 246
    1974 (O): 94
    Everything Counts :)
  • Options
    If the LibDems score < 1% of the vote, would Clegg resign? Should he resign?
    It will be interesting to hear what OGH has to say on the subject.
  • Options
    This looks like it will be 11 lost deposits for the LibDems out of 19 Westminster by-elections that they contested this Parliament.
  • Options

The precedent set in 1990 was that any party beaten by the Monster Raving Loonies should dissolve.
  • Options

Lib Dems voted tactically to stop Repatriation Reckless
  • Options

Bad for UKIP
  • Options
    edited November 2014

All one voter.
    Which leads to a question, did the LD candidate vote for himself?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    HYUFD said:

Rod Given the past record of some of their MPs, I would imagine a few LDs are not entirely unused to coming under a dominatrix!

Well, Oaten saved his deposit [for another occasion, presumably]...
  • Options
    Allegra BBC tweet,says ukip may win by just 3pct
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Sky News has reported that the Rochester count hasn't even started yet, they are still collecting boxes.
    Not even postal votes counted.

What I just heard from Adam Boulton's mouth is unbelievable.
  • Options

Bugger.

If I had campaigned earlier Reckless would have definitely lost.

• Options
    Mole Valley, main party candidates — (Green candidate just selected):

Con: Paul Beresford
    Lab: Len Amos
    LD: Paul Kennedy
    UKIP: Stephen Musgrove
    Greens: Jacquetta Fewster
  • Options

I know it isn't going to happen, but can you imagine a Tory win.... I need the smelling salts just thinking about it!
  • Options

- "I can see you, TSE"

- "Reckless!"

- "Can you see me? Oh, now be honest, TSE, warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be? No peace in our time. Once more unto the breach, dear friends."
  • Options
    Speedy said:

All one voter.
    Which leads to a question, did the LD candidate vote for himself?
    There were nearly 8,000 of them last time
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited November 2014
    Speedy said:

Sky News has reported that the Rochester count hasn't even started yet, they are still collecting boxes.
    Not even postal votes counted.

In that case I'm off to bed - play nice folks. ; )
  • Options
    RobD said:

I know it isn't going to happen, but can you imagine a Tory win.... I need the smelling salts just thinking about it!
    They really haven't started even counting yet, I see them live on Sky News all siting and doing nothing.
  • Options
    Indeed, you owe me 10000 pounds if it's as close as that?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 118,270
    Rod Indeed, best leave it there I think, looks like a long night but a UKIP victory if perhaps slightly closer than some polls, doubt will stay up but looks the likely result
  • Options
    @TSE - Is your name based on the nickname of the 101st, or is it something else? Always wondered.
  • Options
    Why are people throwing around numbers when I clearly see on TV and Sky News has said too, that the count hasn't even started?
  • Options
    Speedy said:

RobD said:

They really haven't started even counting yet, I see them live on Sky News all siting and doing nothing.
    Yeah, I'm not expecting a win, just fantasising!
  • Options
    RobD said:

@TSE - Is your name based on the nickname of the 101st, or is it something else? Always wondered.

His avatar is their emblem!
  • Options

RobD said:

Yep, but it wasn't always (used to be some glamorous lady, if I recall correctly)!
  • Options
    RobD said:

Yup.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,993

I wonder if it might actually be simpler than that? I think there are significant numbers going straight from LD to UKIP. This may seem daft when you look at the parts of the political spectrum that the respective parties occupy, but many voters don't really do that. The LDs used to get a lot of 'plague on all your houses' votes, often from people whose political views, if examined, probably didn't actually tally that well with those of the LDs. I remember around 20 years or so ago a vox pop on the radio with a woman who said she'd voted LD because they were the only party who stood up to Europe. In this context, to see voters moving from LD to UKIP shouldn't be surprising.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,852
    edited November 2014
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Yep, but it wasn't always (used to be some glamorous lady, if I recall correctly)!
    I'm off to bed. But next time I'll explain why I like the Screaming Eagles.

Always been a fan of them, from Normandy, Bastogne and Little Rock
  • Options
    I'm sticking to my prediction of UKIP winning by more than 5,000 votes.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Speedy said:

RobD said:

Yeah, I'm not expecting a win, just fantasising!
    Tell me about it
  • Options

Still you know best.

Alternatively

If you post them I will apologise, but make sure you also post how much the total cost is under P
    FI
    Massive cost £60bn total bill for £11bn capital cost of 103 new PFI hospitals 1997-2010

About 30 non PFI Hospitals in the same period by the look of it.

So 133 new hospitals (cant find a list yet)

If you are interested this gives an independent review of 1997-2010 in the NHS

http://www.kingsfund.org.uk/sites/files/kf/High-Performing-NHS-progress-review-1997-2010-Ruth-Thorlby-Jo-Maybin-Kings-Fund-April-2010.pdf

Very positive IMO
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

How could you sleep on a night like this??

In all seriousness, bet you're knackered after today!
  • Options
    Main party candidates, Oxford West & Abingdon - (Green candidate just selected):

Con: Nicola Blackwood
    Lab: Sally Copley
    LD: Layla Moran
    UKIP: Alan Harris
    Greens: Larry Sanders
  • Options
    Cookie said:

I wonder if it might actually be simpler than that? I think there are significant numbers going straight from LD to UKIP. This may seem daft when you look at the parts of the political spectrum that the respective parties occupy, but many voters don't really do that. The LDs used to get a lot of 'plague on all your houses' votes, often from people whose political views, if examined, probably didn't actually tally that well with those of the LDs. I remember around 20 years or so ago a vox pop on the radio with a woman who said she'd voted LD because they were the only party who stood up to Europe. In this context, to see voters moving from LD to UKIP shouldn't be surprising.
    I'm hoping Lord Ashcroft does a poll on why people voted the way they did in Rochester
  • Options
    Off to bed now

Off to DD tomorrow to meet fellow PBers
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,891
    edited November 2014
    Speedy said:

Actually those figures about UKIP being 3-4000 votes ahead were just after the polls closed and before the count started:

Indications are Mark Reckless will have a majority of between 3 and 4,000. http://bit.ly/1xHvgX9

If correct and based on a ~50% turnout, this suggests the following result:

UKIP ............. 18000 (45%)
    Con .............. 14000 (35%)
    Lab ................ 4000 (10%)
    Greens ........... 2000 (5%)
    Others ........... 2000 (5%)

Total .............40000 (100%)

There, you can all go off to bed now ....... Goodnight all!
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Do you think that Rochester will be in form and declare around lunchtime?
    I'm watching Sky News live from Rochester and the council workers are not counting any votes for at least the half an hour that i'm watching.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

How could you sleep on a night like this??

In all seriousness, bet you're knackered after today!
    If it wasn't for the PB meet tomorrow (technically today) I'd be up, all night long.

(Did you spot the subtle pop music reference?)
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Why are people throwing around numbers when I clearly see on TV and Sky News has said too, that the count hasn't even started?

Because they're impatient idiots.

In 2010 Sky News called Edinburgh South for the LDs at this stage of the count, and Labour went on to hold the seat.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

I wouldn't go up in an army helicopter, let alone use one of their parachutes.

Anyone jumping out of a plane unless it's on fire needs their head examining :-)
  • Options

Speedy said:

If correct and based on a 50% turnout, this suggests the following result:

Total ............40000 (100%)

Goodnite PfP.

Goodnite everybody.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
  • Options

Speedy said:

Thanks PTP
  • Options
    Cookie said:

It's even more simple than that - there are a very large number of voters who don't want to risk taking the responsibility of voting for the government.
  • Options
    Swiss_Bob said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

I wouldn't go up in an army helicopter, let alone use one of their parachutes.

Anyone jumping out of a plane unless it's on fire needs their head examining :-)
    They are an Air Assault Division these days.

So no jumping out of planes.

Mostly rappelling or walking off helicopters if you're a Screaming Eagle. Or flying attack helicopters.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,833
    AndyJS said:

Main party candidates, Oxford West & Abingdon - (Green candidate just selected):

Con: Nicola Blackwood
    Lab: Sally Copley
    LD: Layla Moran
    UKIP: Alan Harris
    Greens: Larry Sanders

From what I have heard, the LDs no longer see this as a winnable seat. Certainly their candidate isn't making much impact so far.
  • Options

Speedy said:

Thanks PTP
    That's the usual £1 you owe the PB.com social fund for confusing me with another poster.
  • Options
    Medway Council have decked the hall in Gillingham with a million banners that advertise themselves, Gillingham and their part of Kent, but they look like idiots if they're going to take half a day to count one by-election which had a 50% turnout.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

AndyJS said:

Do you think that Rochester will be in form and declare around lunchtime?
    I'm watching Sky News live from Rochester and the council workers are not counting any votes for at least the half an hour that i'm watching.
    My guess is 3:45am, just based on previous similar by-elections.
This discussion has been closed.