Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Our best days are still to come? – politicalbetting.com

12346»

Comments

• carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,054
    eek said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

You can find articles laying out the UK's slow motion energy car crash - From 2017:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jun/20/uk-gas-storage-prices-rough-british-gas-centrica

Thing is what difference does it make to Centrica (British gas) if we have no gas storage ? It makes no odds to their bottom line.
    It would because it would let them purchase and store energy at cheaper summer rates (when demand is often lower) for use in the winter...
    Two reasons for storage: a) security of supply; b) storing cheap gas. From the size of Rough (a quoted 15 days average usage, so maybe 8 days in winter) surely has to be more about a) than b).
  • Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

I was just catching up on some of HYUFD's deluded comments about speeding up infrastructure programs using infinite resources. Speaking as a professional building multi-billion usd infrastructure projects - there is a technical term for this strategy:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

Well you can join Kle4 then and be vaporised by a Putin nuclear missile. For if the US withdrew from NATO and rendered Trident redundant we would then be defenceless against Putin's nukes if we did not quickly produce our own nuclear weapons
    It's not about wanting to or not, it's about whether it is possible or not.

I know this is the bit where Boris Johnson starts humming "Land of Hope and Glory" really loudly to drown out the negative vibes, but he's going now. It would be nice to get back to reality-based politics.
    Crash program dynamics are interesting.

During the war, the rapid building of ships in the US was laughed at by British shipbuilders, since it used a lot of extra workers.

The bit they missed was that by prefabing sections of the ship, this allowed more workers to work on the ship at the same time. The amount of man hours to build the ship didn’t change much. Just that the build time dropped massively.

When scaled back to a smaller workforce, the same methods meant that a smaller group of workers could build a better ship, more quickly and cheaper than traditional methods.

Prefabricated houses will be a huge growth industry in the next decade, for similar reasons. It will be cheaper to build a house of given quality off-site in a huge factory warehouse, and ship them to site in lorry trailer-sized sections, than to assemble large teams of building trades on each construction site.
    Where I grew up, there were a number of "Aluminium bunglaows" put up just after the war, probably from recycled Spitfires. They were prefabs and were apparently good to live in. Being aluminium they were very weather resistant.

So it is not a new idea and with modern insulation such homes could be very energy efficient.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,207

Leon said:

Selebian said:

Leon said:

Selebian said:

Leon said:

Perhaps the good people at Numbeo Consultancy included “chances of being a young white girl and being raped by Muslim taxi drivers” as a key metric in their analysis. That would certainly drive up the numbers for Bradford

Jesus, man. You're bored of 'Leon' and wanting another ban and reincarnation I take it? Perhaps we can have a non-casually-racist version next time?
    Are you claiming that there hasn’t been a “bit of an issue” in this area in the last 20 years or so?

Try telling that to estimated 100,000 young white girls (or more) molested and raped by predominantly Muslim grooming gangs

The fierce eagerness of the British left to deny and ignore this issue is quite something to behold
    I'm not aware of any issues with cab drivers in Bradford. Happy to see any evidence.

There are well documented issues elsewhere.

Also happy to see any evidence of me being on the 'British left' given that I have, I think, voted Labour once in my lifetime in a GE (2015; and possibly a few times in local elections, but I can't remember - I tend to vote more on impresion of candidates locally).
    Fine under: Not a lefty, just an idiot then

“The convictions of these nine men come as another in a line of convictions in regard to sexual abuse by gangs of men in Bradford, with other convictions like those of 12 members of the Keithley child sex abuse ring being found guilty of rape and other forms of sexual abuse by a unanimous jury verdict in December 2015. They were sentenced to a total of 130 years in jail.

“The main victim of the gang was aged between 13 and 14 at the time of the attacks between 2011 and 2012.She was groomed with gifts and apparent displays of affection before being coerced into abusive sexual relationships. She was raped in various locations across Keithley, including parks, churchyards, and an underground carpark. The rapists had designated part of the carpark ‘X’s Corner’ with graffiti and added their own names.”

https://jordanssolicitors.co.uk/2022/06/bradford-grooming-gangs/

“Basharat Khaliq, of Glaisdale Court, Allerton, Bradford, was found guilty of five counts of rape and one count of sexual assault, police said. He was jailed for 20 years.

Saeed Akhtar, 55, of Back Girlington Road, Bradford, was found guilty of one charge of rape and two charges of causing or inciting child prostitution. He was jailed for 20 years.

Naveed Akhtar, 43, of Newport Place, Bradford, was found guilty of two counts of rape. He was jailed for 17 years.

Parvaze Ahmed, 36, of Farcliffe Road, Bradford, was found guilty of three charges of rape. He was jailed for 17 years.

Izar Hussain, 32, of St Leonard’s Road, Bradford, was found guilty of rape. He was jailed for 16 years.

Zeeshan Ali, 32, of Durham Terrace, Bradford, was found guilty of sexual assault. He was jailed for 18 months.

Kieran Harris, 28, of Fir Parade, Dewsbury, was found guilty of two counts of rape . He was jailed for 17 years.

Fahim Iqbal, 28, of Quarry Road, Dewsbury, was found guilty of aiding and abetting one of Harris’s rapes. He was jailed for seven years.

Mohammed Usman, 31, of Quaker Street, Bradford, was found guilty of two counts of rape. He was jailed for 17 years.”
    They wrote their own names down at the crime scene has to be an entry for Darwin Awards surely?
    It shows that they thought they were invulnerable. And for many years they were, across Britain, as lefties refused to accept this crime was happening and tried to silence anyone that mentioned it
  • kjhkjh Posts: 10,456
    HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

I was just catching up on some of HYUFD's deluded comments about speeding up infrastructure programs using infinite resources. Speaking as a professional building multi-billion usd infrastructure projects - there is a technical term for this strategy:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

Well you can join Kjh then and be vaporised by a Putin nuclear missile. For if the US withdrew from NATO and rendered Trident redundant we would then be defenceless against Putin's nukes if we did not quickly produce our own nuclear weapons
    Yes we would be defenceless and yes we should do something about. Nobody is arguing about that. What people are arguing with you about is that (takes a deep breath) there are certain things on a critical path that can't be speeded up. Just like you can't speed up the birth of a baby. It take 9 months.

If for instance you want to test an engine will perform for 6 months non stop, you have to run it for 6 months non stop. You can't rivet panel 10 onto panel 9, until panel 9 has been riveted onto panel 8, etc, etc. Some things are sequential.

I ask again for the 4th time. If you had full access to the 5 million engineers (dishwasher, sanitary, etc) you insist exist do you believe they could build an aircraft carrier in a weekend? If not why not? After all you have 5 million of them.

Or do you finally concede some of these things are dependent upon other things and that is why it takes years to build these capital projects.
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,715
    Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

The average UK CEO is now paid 109 times what the the average British worker is. It was 79 times higher barely 2 years ago. Have CEOs really been grafting so much harder these last two years to deserve such rewards?

Executive pay is set by other executives on remuneration committees and voted on by other executives at AGMs.

All of whom have a vested interest in executive pay increasing.

If a political party wanted a popular policy they would advocate a maximum wage based on 10x average earnings for each organisation.

If you want one reason why productivity is stagnant then look at earnings inequality.

Workers aren't going to look to increase their productivity if the result is more money for the executive oligarchy but nothing more for themselves.
    A point made very cogently by Sharon Morgan, Unite's General Secretary on the Today programme this morning in relation to the strike at Felixstowe port.
    A pedant writes: Sharon Graham, not Morgan.
    Apologies. You are right. She was very impressive. Both she and Mick Lynch have been by far the most impressive communicators in recent weeks - far better than politicians.
    Mick Lynch here

“Mick Lynch: EU influence provoked the Russian invasion
    The RMT leader also suggested that Ukrainians ‘playing with Nazi imagery’ were partly responsible”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/08/12/mick-lynch-ukrainians-playing-nazi-imagery-provoked-russian/
    I know that. Nonsense. But when he talks about the rail dispute he is impressive.

To be fair we discussed the idea of Nazi imagery in Ukraine before.

• FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,866
    Dura_Ace said:

1,295 people completed Monday's informal transmanche regatta according to Sky News who are never wrong.

Rwanda. LOL.

Has nobody told them what they’ll have to swim through to get to the beach?
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 15,543
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

The average UK CEO is now paid 109 times what the the average British worker is. It was 79 times higher barely 2 years ago. Have CEOs really been grafting so much harder these last two years to deserve such rewards?

Executive pay is set by other executives on remuneration committees and voted on by other executives at AGMs.

If a political party wanted a popular policy they would advocate a maximum wage based on 10x average earnings for each organisation.

If you want one reason why productivity is stagnant then look at earnings inequality.

Workers aren't going to look to increase their productivity if the result is more money for the executive oligarchy but nothing more for themselves.
    A point made very cogently by Sharon Morgan, Unite's General Secretary on the Today programme this morning in relation to the strike at Felixstowe port.
    Apologies. You are right. She was very impressive. Both she and Mick Lynch have been by far the most impressive communicators in recent weeks - far better than politicians.
    Union leaders more articulate than our political masters? How the pendulum swings... :D
    It was only at the end of the interview that I realised who she was but I found myself nodding along with what she was saying. She was very calm, clear and measured and knew her stuff. A welcome change from the usual bluster.
    Thing is, we are instantly becoming about 10% poorer because of fuel price increases. We can't avoid it, but we can - and need to - manage it.

None of the politicos are in the right place on this issue, but our soon-to-be PM is in a particularly bad place, while our actual PM is out to lunch in Greece.
  • kjh said:

HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

Well you can join Kjh then and be vaporised by a Putin nuclear missile. For if the US withdrew from NATO and rendered Trident redundant we would then be defenceless against Putin's nukes if we did not quickly produce our own nuclear weapons
    Yes we would be defenceless and yes we should do something about. Nobody is arguing about that. What people are arguing with you about is that (takes a deep breath) there are certain things on a critical path that can't be speeded up. Just like you can't speed up the birth of a baby. It take 9 months.

If for instance you want to test an engine will perform for 6 months non stop, you have to run it for 6 months non stop. You can't rivet panel 10 onto panel 9, until panel 9 has been riveted onto panel 8, etc, etc. Some things are sequential.

I ask again for the 4th time. If you had full access to the 5 million engineers (dishwasher, sanitary, etc) you insist exist do you believe they could build an aircraft carrier in a weekend? If not why not? After all you have 5 million of them.

Or do you finally concede some of these things are dependent upon other things and that is why it takes years to build these capital projects.
    And yes, if you have enough need for speed and enough money, you can often save time by doing certain things in parallel. It's one of the reasons the Covid vaccines got into peoples' arms so quickly. But there is a minium timeline that you can't reduce.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Strikes everywhere. Energy issues. Inflation ramping up. The 1970s are back!!

Brexit is now complete :D:D

Not quite. Music filling the charts not nearly good enough to be the seventies. 🎸
    Survivorship bias. Most of it was dreadful. That's why punk happened.
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    FF43 said:

Not quite. Music filling the charts not nearly good enough to be the seventies. 🎸
    Kate Bush was top of charts recently. Actually seventies.

Also add Northern Ireland hitting the news for those strange but apparently very well connected people in nostalgia for that decade.

Is IMF still a thing?
    Running up that hill was eighties. 😜

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

And yes, if you have enough need for speed and enough money, you can often save time by doing certain things in parallel. It's one of the reasons the Covid vaccines got into peoples' arms so quickly. But there is a minium timeline that you can't reduce.
    Absolutely. A good example someone brought up was the Amish barn building. Got the critical path down to a fine art. Double the number of Amish and you get two barns, not one twice as quick.
    Cyclefree said:

Anyway, more GP woes. Daughter got an appointment to speak to GP to get results of test. GP was meant to ring at 7 pm yesterday. By 8 pm no call.

This morning Daughter rings surgery at 8 am to get another appointment. After 25 minute wait to get through gets told that no appointments today and GP tried to call yesterday but no answer. Daughter firmly tells receptionist that there was no call and response is unacceptable. Receptionist then sees that note from GP says that Daughter needs an "urgent referral". So gives her another time between 2 - 3 pm today when GP will call.

We are all now worried. Who is she being referred to and for what and why can't this be communicated to her without all this faffing about?

What to do? Make a complaint? What?

Surgeries are very very variable; ours is excellent, rings when they say they will ring. If it's a doctor booked to ring then a doctor will ring; if it's a message then the message will be clear.
    However that in the next town, similar size, is dreadful; worse I would suggest than Ms Cyclefree's from what I am told!
  • Cyclefree said:

Anyway, more GP woes. Daughter got an appointment to speak to GP to get results of test. GP was meant to ring at 7 pm yesterday. By 8 pm no call.

This morning Daughter rings surgery at 8 am to get another appointment. After 25 minute wait to get through gets told that no appointments today and GP tried to call yesterday but no answer. Daughter firmly tells receptionist that there was no call and response is unacceptable. Receptionist then sees that note from GP says that Daughter needs an "urgent referral". So gives her another time between 2 - 3 pm today when GP will call.

We are all now worried. Who is she being referred to and for what and why can't this be communicated to her without all this faffing about?

Have you checked her GP's website where there *might* be a facility to upload new information about ongoing cases, or to book appointments? In view of the failed (or unattempted) call, she should also check they have the right phone number.

In the medium term, she could register with another GP.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,606

Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

Well you can join Kle4 then and be vaporised by a Putin nuclear missile. For if the US withdrew from NATO and rendered Trident redundant we would then be defenceless against Putin's nukes if we did not quickly produce our own nuclear weapons

I know this is the bit where Boris Johnson starts humming "Land of Hope and Glory" really loudly to drown out the negative vibes, but he's going now. It would be nice to get back to reality-based politics.

During the war, the rapid building of ships in the US was laughed at by British shipbuilders, since it used a lot of extra workers.

The bit they missed was that by prefabing sections of the ship, this allowed more workers to work on the ship at the same time. The amount of man hours to build the ship didn’t change much. Just that the build time dropped massively.

When scaled back to a smaller workforce, the same methods meant that a smaller group of workers could build a better ship, more quickly and cheaper than traditional methods.

Prefabricated houses will be a huge growth industry in the next decade, for similar reasons. It will be cheaper to build a house of given quality off-site in a huge factory warehouse, and ship them to site in lorry trailer-sized sections, than to assemble large teams of building trades on each construction site.
    Where I grew up, there were a number of "Aluminium bunglaows" put up just after the war, probably from recycled Spitfires. They were prefabs and were apparently good to live in. Being aluminium they were very weather resistant.

So it is not a new idea and with modern insulation such homes could be very energy efficient.
    The limiting factor for building houses is the number of places that they are being built.

This is a function of the system of rationing via planing, followed by granting permission to projects controlled by a very small number of large house builders.

This means, that in a given locality, there is often a monopoly in the actual building of houses.

We should return to the Victorian/Edwardian system of selling a street (or part of a street) to individual, smaller developers.
    Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Mick Lynch here

The RMT leader also suggested that Ukrainians ‘playing with Nazi imagery’ were partly responsible”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/08/12/mick-lynch-ukrainians-playing-nazi-imagery-provoked-russian/
    I know that. Nonsense. But when he talks about the rail dispute he is impressive.

Shocking news! People can be right about some things and wrong about others! Who knew?
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,226
    Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Dura_Ace said:

Stereodog said:

Russia isn’t nuking Germany or Italy because they don’t have nuclear weapons.

Germany and Italy are both in the NATO nuclear weapons sharing program so they have B61s available for delivery by their air forces.

However, Russia is conspicuously not nuking Denmark, Poland, Turkey, etc. who are not in the program.
    No guarantee on that, if Putin wanted to invade most of Europe the only nation with its own nukes he would definitely stop at would be France the rest all rely on the US and France to defend them with nukes of last resort but would France and the US really risk nuclear war with Russia to defend Copenhagen or Warsaw?
    Yes, that’s how NATO works.
    Well not quite. Yes Minister spelled out pretty well that NATO’s nuclear arsenal is not really intended as a first strike capability to respond to conventional attack. It’s built to look like one and be capable of being one but that’s just game theory. It’s a deterrent against nuclear attack, not conventional attack.

To deter conventional attack, we rely upon two things. A strong conventional capability. And the fuzziness of “Who knows where it leads”. It’s the first element that europe has collectivity dropped a bollock on. Though with every NLAW / Switchblade 600 that rips apart Russian armoury, the need to invest in tanks and artillery diminishes. Which is why sending as much capability to Ukraine now as possible is cheap in the long run.

• LeonLeon Posts: 46,207
    Anyway. I shall now take my daughter to see Michelangelo’s David at the Accademia

Ciao ciao

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Mick Lynch here

Shocking news! People can be right about some things and wrong about others! Who knew?
    Some can be wrong about everything. Have you met hyufd?
  • pingping Posts: 3,724
    edited August 2022
    Well done to the BBC.

They posted this story, earlier;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62604653

It had a silly pie chart of the energy sources, all in shades of blue, with several of the sources coloured in almost identical shades. It was pretty much impossible to read.

I emailed their complaints/corrections team, and they’ve redone it as a bar chart.

Yup. I’ve officially become that kind of middle aged man who complains to the BBC!
    Cyclefree said:

Turn up in person at the surgery and refuse to move from the receptionists desk until somebody gets off their ar*e. They hate it when you are actually in front of them. Also you can demand to see your medical notes, they cannot refuse. Make the demand and a doctor will suddenly have 10 minutes to discuss them, but you have to physically be there
    Cyclefree said:

I would at least threaten them with the local media, MP and local councillors.
  • New thread.
    kjh said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

Absolutely. A good example someone brought up was the Amish barn building. Got the critical path down to a fine art. Double the number of Amish and you get two barns, not one twice as quick.
    Actually, if you had 5 million engineers, it would be possible to build aircraft carriers in remarkably small amount of time. It would take a couple of years to setup the vast network of facilities to prefab modules from other prefab modules in a pyramid of logistics, though.

The result would be massively more expensive than normal methods, of course

The trick is to see what you can parallelise.
    IshmaelZ said:

Survivorship bias. Most of it was dreadful. That's why punk happened.
    Most of punk was dreadful and made the mainstream stuff sound really good

Cyclefree said:

Have you checked her GP's website where there *might* be a facility to upload new information about ongoing cases, or to book appointments? In view of the failed (or unattempted) call, she should also check they have the right phone number.

In the medium term, she could register with another GP.
    The last piece of advice, in a rural area, may well be impractical.

Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

There are still some in use. There is one currently for sale in Paisley.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    Stereodog said:

HYUFD said:

Dura_Ace said:

Stereodog said:

Germany and Italy are both in the NATO nuclear weapons sharing program so they have B61s available for delivery by their air forces.

However, Russia is conspicuously not nuking Denmark, Poland, Turkey, etc. who are not in the program.
    No guarantee on that, if Putin wanted to invade most of Europe the only nation with its own nukes he would definitely stop at would be France the rest all rely on the US and France to defend them with nukes of last resort but would France and the US really risk nuclear war with Russia to defend Copenhagen or Warsaw?
    That was the point I was going to make. I reiterate what I said about strategic options. Is it conceivable or even possible that we would fire our nuclear weapons without the US having decided to fire theirs? If not then there’s no point having them.
    Yes, if the US was not in NATO and had a pro Putin president
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Miss Cyclefree, best of luck, hope it's nothing that can't be cured quickly and easily.

Cyclefree said:

Turn up in person at the surgery and refuse to move from the receptionists desk until somebody gets off their ar*e. They hate it when you are actually in front of them. Also you can demand to see your medical notes, they cannot refuse. Make the demand and a doctor will suddenly have 10 minutes to discuss them, but you have to physically be there
    I did the following to a lawyer recently - turned up at the reception of their office and deployed the most terrible weapon I possessed.

Quiet politeness.

They were used to dealing with people remotely. Someone sitting in their open plan office, quietly reading a book, completely panicked them.

After an hour, the issue that was going to take a week to resolve was fixed.
    Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Dura_Ace said:

Stereodog said:

In theory, in practice as Yes Minister once pointed out it could quickly collapse like a pack of cards. Ukraine is holding out well against Russia but Ukraine has a bigger military than every individual NATO nation except Turkey and the US.

A surprise attack by Putin beyond Ukraine could get quite far before NATO had enough forces collectively in place to stop it
    HYUFD said:

Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Dura_Ace said:

Stereodog said:

In theory, in practice as Yes Minister once pointed out it could quickly collapse like a pack of cards. Ukraine is holding out well against Russia but Ukraine has a bigger military than every individual NATO nation except Turkey and the US.

A surprise attack by Putin beyond Ukraine could get quite far before NATO had enough forces collectively in place to stop it
    No, it wouldn’t. The Russian military has very limited logistical capability beyond its railways. Which are incredibly vulnerable to modern, precision weapons.
    edited August 2022

kjh said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

Actually, if you had 5 million engineers, it would be possible to build aircraft carriers in remarkably small amount of time. It would take a couple of years to setup the vast network of facilities to prefab modules from other prefab modules in a pyramid of logistics, though.

Agree @Malmesbury . They knocked out warships pretty quickly in WWII, especially in the States, but @hyufd is talking about doing it at the drop of a hat and getting it out now, not after a 2 year preparation and we aren't talking mass building for which prefabs is a good idea but we are talking one offs (or two/three offs) so the prefab is then probably not relevant . He just completely denies there is a critical path or that anything is sequential in a capital build so as far as he is concerned if a 10 year capital build has 5 million engineers put on it it can be done instantly (ignoring the fact that his engineers might also fix dishwashers and apparently won't need retraining, or even be competent to do it. Apparently that is instant also, or maybe he thinks an engineer on one thing can do stuff on other things. You know dishwasher one day, Atom bomb the next).

To be honest I don't think he thinks anything, he just doesn't understand it, like so many things. He is just an idiot.
    kjh said:

kjh said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

Agree @Malmesbury . They knocked out warships pretty quickly in WWII, especially in the States, but @hyufd is talking about doing it at the drop of a hat and getting it out now, not after a 2 year preparation and we aren't talking mass building for which prefabs is a good idea but we are talking one offs (or two/three offs) so the prefab is then probably not relevant . He just completely denies there is a critical path or that anything is sequential in a capital build so as far as he is concerned if a 10 year capital build has 5 million engineers put on it it can be done instantly (ignoring the fact that his engineers might also fix dishwashers and apparently won't need retraining, or even be competent to do it. Apparently that is instant also, or maybe he thinks an engineer on one thing can do stuff on other things. You know dishwasher one day, Atom bomb the next).

To be honest I don't think he thinks anything, he just doesn't understand it, like so many things. He is just an idiot.
    And you are just a twat for whom everything can't be done
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,744
    Selebian said:

Leon said:

Perhaps the good people at Numbeo Consultancy included “chances of being a young white girl and being raped by Muslim taxi drivers” as a key metric in their analysis. That would certainly drive up the numbers for Bradford

Jesus, man. You're bored of 'Leon' and wanting another ban and reincarnation I take it? Perhaps we can have a non-casually-racist version next time?
    Tbf we’re all bored of him being Leon. The ball ache will be that Englishfizzman or whatever will have identical obsessions.

HYUFD said:

Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Dura_Ace said:

Stereodog said:

No, it wouldn’t. The Russian military has very limited logistical capability beyond its railways. Which are incredibly vulnerable to modern, precision weapons.
    If Putin sent several million troops into Finland and Poland it would take weeks for NATO to get a full military response together
  • algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,341
    Two points about this BBC effort to put a cluster of pretty girls on show.

1) The story silently merges the concept of 'unwanted sexual attention' and sexual offences.

2) Has no-one told them that 4 billion years of evolution has done its work remarkably well and that in waging a war against male attention they may as well wage war on gravity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-northamptonshire-62640539
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,583

Roxy Music, Leo Sayer, David Essex and Don McLean (not the Brummie comedian) tickets are available at a venue near you.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,853
    algarkirk said:

Two points about this BBC effort to put a cluster of pretty girls on show.

1) The story silently merges the concept of 'unwanted sexual attention' and sexual offences.

2) Has no-one told them that 4 billion years of evolution has done its work remarkably well and that in waging a war against male attention they may as well wage war on gravity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-northamptonshire-62640539

The BBC editing fairy has been in and silently changed the headline to "We get groped on nights out all the time", which is somewhat different.

You do wonder what process gets the picture to the front page, though.
    edited August 2022
    HYUFD said:

kjh said:

kjh said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

@HYUFD It is fairly apparent from your posts and what we know of your background that I have done a huge amount more in my life than you have done, or will ever do, but then you never get irony of your posts. Just look at yesterday at the reaction you got from others when referring to tedious posts.

I'm guessing you are completely unaware that most of the world thinks you are an idiot and that you are an embarrassment to fellow Conservatives. Your lack of self awareness is gobsmacking.

edited August 2022
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Dura_Ace said:

Stereodog said:

If Putin sent several million troops into Finland and Poland it would take weeks for NATO to get a full military response together
    @HYUFD I thought we could do everything immediately? Why the delay? You don't do irony though do you?
  • Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,793
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Dura_Ace said:

Stereodog said:

[HYUFD mode=ON]
    No, we could send them in within half an hour and if you don't agree then you want Putin to murder everyone.
    [HYUFD mode=OFF]
    kjh said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Dura_Ace said:

Stereodog said:

@HYUFD I thought we could do everything immediately? Why the delay? You don't do irony though do you?
    Even I never said new nukes could be done overnight but it was you who were defeatist and suggested it would take years
    edited August 2022
    kjh said:

HYUFD said:

kjh said:

kjh said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

@HYUFD It is fairly apparent from your posts and what we know of your background that I have done a huge amount more in my life than you have done, or will ever do, but then you never get irony of your posts. Just look at yesterday at the reaction you got from others when referring to tedious posts.

I'm guessing you are completely unaware that most of the world thinks you are an idiot and that you are an embarrassment to fellow Conservatives. Your lack of self awareness is gobsmacking.

It is also fairly apparent from your posts that you have an ego bigger than Jupiter. For someone who considers me so pathetic and unworthy of your time you do seem to spend most of your posts attacking me and my posts for some reason.

As for my fellow Conservatives the number of those who are still Tory supporters on here can be counted on one hand but even those who aren't tend to be less obsessed with me than you!
    HYUFD said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

kjh said:

kjh said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

Penddu2 said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS.

It is also fairly apparent from your posts that you have an ego bigger than Jupiter. For someone who considers me so pathetic and unworthy of your time you do seem to spend most of your posts attacking me and my posts for some reason.

As for my fellow Conservatives the number of those who are still Tory supporters on here can be counted on one hand but even those who aren't tend to be less obsessed with me than you!
    @hyufd you really don't do irony do you? Did you read what you posted?

Why don't you ignore me then? Whose obsessed?

Many on here don't respond to you because you are too stupid, including those who are Tories. I however find dealing with idiots a challenge and you are the only one here.

My ego is quite normal as you will see if you care to look at my conversations with others. In fact I tend to be quite deprecating in my interaction with others, but you really are weird in the extreme.
    HYUFD said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

Dura_Ace said:

Stereodog said:

Even I never said new nukes could be done overnight but it was you who were defeatist and suggested it would take years
    Actually nukes are easy and can be done overnight and we do it. Its the other stuff that will take years.
This discussion has been closed.