Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Opinium: Voters say Johnson should quit and go NOW – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited June 2022 in General
imageOpinium: Voters say Johnson should quit and go NOW – politicalbetting.com

The latest fortnightly Opinium poll is out and the message from those sampled is clear – they want the PM out and they want him to go straight away.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165
    edited May 2022
    First.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    That's just your opinium
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited May 2022
    Champions League Final doesn't look like much craic at the minute.

https://twitter.com/CelticExchange/status/1530619521706479616?s=20&t=W-TjlgqudF9N1UmvDWRUsA

There are fans jumping the fence to enter the stadium.

https://twitter.com/DoentesPFutebol/status/1530624599565774848?s=20&t=q7r0H9w8Jns4mFDJYmMvqQ

This is how the surroundings of the Stade de France are, with many problems and chaos among the fans

https://twitter.com/carrusel/status/1530625033277669377?s=20&t=GmRcLeQozOrPjhCpMqlw4A
  • HeathenerHeathener Posts: 5,097
    Grim
    Liverpool fans trying to get in without tickets? Never.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,069

https://twitter.com/CelticExchange/status/1530619521706479616?s=20&t=W-TjlgqudF9N1UmvDWRUsA

https://twitter.com/DoentesPFutebol/status/1530624599565774848?s=20&t=q7r0H9w8Jns4mFDJYmMvqQ

This is how the surroundings of the Stade de France are, with many problems and chaos among the fans

https://twitter.com/carrusel/status/1530625033277669377?s=20&t=GmRcLeQozOrPjhCpMqlw4A

The fuckwits never learn do they. I love my football but some fans are real dicks.
    Lahvely blokes, salt of the earth

Not sure which I despise more out of genuine working class kickball supporters, and middle class wannabes aping them
    edited May 2022
    Foxy said:

The fuckwits never learn do they. I love my football but some fans are real dicks.
    The attempt by the Liverpool fans to break down the gates is particularly bad, you know given history and everything.
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,688
    Heathener said:

Grim

You'll not do well at wordle with that.
  • FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    English fans shaming their country again :disappointed:
    I have never felt so Hispanophile
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,003

Foxy said:

The attempt by the Liverpool fans to break down the gates is particularly bad, you know given history and everything.
    I really hope this does not escalate when they kick off
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,853
    Liverpool had better win tonight as they might not get another chance for a while...

Foxy said:

Poor policing, innit. You a Sun journalist?
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    Another 15m delay. Pleased I’m in a bar in Dubai, and nowhere near the Stade de France.
    Kick off delayed to 8.30 UK time
    Farooq said:

Fuck off. These are Scouse, not English fans.
    Omnium said:

Heathener said:

Grim

Grimy
    Delayed until 8.30pm now.
    Farooq said:

If only Patel had thought to include them in the Rwanda scheme.
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    Didn’t yougov and opinium have a for 8pm kick off, the opinium sneaked it early?
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,837
    edited May 2022
    8:30 kick off now.
    It might all kick off earlier and elsewhere, mind.

Liverpool had better win tonight as they might not get another chance for a while...

This could have serious repercussions for Liverpool in Europe
    Heathener said:

Omnium said:

Heathener said:

Grim

Grimy
    Blimey!

(Ah no - 6 letters_)
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,256
    Amazed the poo-flinging, beauty-hating, hymn-booing Scousers have embarrassed themselves again. Amazed
    Leon said:

Amazed the poo-flinging, beauty-hating, hymn-booing Scousers have embarrassed themselves again. Amazed

The police should just blast the National Anthem at them, psychological weapon will be highly effective at getting them to disperse.

Last time they banned an Everton side which was the finest in Europe.
    So no danger of a repeat there.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,749
    Is this true? If so, what a petty, cowardly shite he is. Yes, he’d have got pelters but that’s part of the job.

tlg86 said:

Farooq said:

Yes, very different from that wembley lot last year
    Leon said:

Sometimes you really should tone it down
    tlg86 said:

Farooq said:

Last I checked, Liverpool is in England.
    But yeah, tell me about how Chelsea fans are well behaved if you want to prove your point :lol:

On that note, rumours going around that one of the papers has polls for both byelections, done by NCPolitics mostly after Sue Gray
    Blue team are getting absolutely hammered in Wakefield (much much worse than YouGov's general election model says). Votes going all over the place. David H (formerly of this parish) apparently getting a few. Overall not even close
    But Tiverton is close and sliding towards the LDems
    Voters told the poll they’re livid about the photos, Tories getting theirs out to vote is going to be a big problem for them

I reckon the 5.1 double on Smarkets for Lab win Wakefield, Con win Tiverton looks good value.

How did somebody Off-topic that?

Wtf is wrong with some people?

On that note, rumours going around that one of the papers has polls for both byelections, done by NCPolitics mostly after Sue Gray
    Blue team are getting absolutely hammered in Wakefield (much much worse than YouGov's general election model says). Votes going all over the place. David H (formerly of this parish) apparently getting a few. Overall not even close
    Voters told the poll they’re livid about the photos, Tories getting theirs out to vote is going to be a big problem for them

Tonight's Opinium have a poll on this

https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/status/1530614438147117056?t=sqBDe7_xpmRGTDb4CQG0NA&s=19
    IshmaelZ said:

tlg86 said:

Farooq said:

Yes, very different from that wembley lot last year
    Exactly this!
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,088

I doubt it. The scattered reports coming through suggest that the fans stuck outside the stadium are behaving themselves. The delays to them getting in look more likely to be the product of organisational incompetence than a riot. Much talk of non-moving queues and bottlenecking.

Don't read anything into the use of violence by the French plods. They are notorious for it, and require no provocation.

Leon said:

The police should just blast the National Anthem at them, psychological weapon will be highly effective at getting them to disperse.
    Lol.
  • Foxy said:

I reckon the 5.1 double on Smarkets for Lab win Wakefield, Con win Tiverton looks good value.

Agreed

pigeon said:

I doubt it. The scattered reports coming through suggest that the fans stuck outside the stadium are behaving themselves. The delays to them getting in look more likely to be the product of organisational incompetence than a riot. Much talk of non-moving queues and bottlenecking.

Don't read anything into the use of violence by the French plods. They are notorious for it, and require no provocation.
    French & UEFA are blaming it on late arrival but sounds like a massive administrative cock up as well. Very typically French if so.

Lots of English reports e.g. with BBC saying it's shambolic and not the fans' fault.
    Must be a serious chance they call off the whole game. Idiot Liverpool twits
    Apparently only one gate open.
    This is a Hillsborough/Heysel tribute mashup.
    edited May 2022
    pigeon said:

It was the BT live commentary that referred to the tear gas use and the Liverpool supporters outside the ground

Actually BT commenter has just said he hopes everyone is safe and well outside

You've only posted 4 times. Can I just check how bona fide this post is?

I ask because sometimes people spike & spook the markets, especially on the spreads.
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,926
    Public row breaks out between police chiefs over who gets National Crime Agency job
    Neil Basu, the country’s most senior non-white officer, has demanded an explanation from the government about why he was overlooked for the role of director-general at the agency after he was one of the final two candidates.

Basu broke his silence to say he was “disappointed” to miss out on the £223,000-a-year job a week after The Sunday Times revealed Boris Johnson wanted to shoehorn in his supporter Lord Hogan-Howe, the former Scotland Yard chief who oversaw the disastrous VIP child sex abuse inquiry.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/public-row-breaks-out-between-police-chiefs-over-who-gets-national-crime-agency-job-scz3jvnn3 (£££)
  • boulayboulay Posts: 3,773
    Leon said:

Yes of course - it’s obviously the Liverpool fans and couldn’t possibly be anything else. That’ll be Gary Lineker ex Everton player.
    Leon said:

So you've decided that it is all the fault of Liverpool fans. This is not what many reporters are saying from outside the ground.

Having lived in France I can quite believe it's a combination, including some shambolic excessive bureaucracy by the French.

p.s. I love France but wow they can screw things up
    Now 8:36.
    pigeon said:

Behaving themselves?:

https://twitter.com/danielnavasv/status/1530624436000501761?s=21&t=wvJNgwvrXzgpm5DY4wwYBA
    dixiedean said:

I really hope not
    edited May 2022
    Heathener said:

I ask because sometimes people spike & spook the markets, especially on the spreads.
    Whatever you are looking at Wakey Wakefield, show it to us.
    edited May 2022

pigeon said:

It was the BT live commentary that referred to the tear gas use and the Liverpool supporters outside the ground

I have seen the video on twitter, looks like the CRS. Not clear why they set it off, but I think British football fans get a shock (like in the Marseille) when you piss them off, they don't ask if you want hemp milk with your cup of tea if you protest.

pigeon said:

As I said before, the French riot coppers are notorious for quick resort to violent methods. The (quite possibly indiscriminate) shelling of the crowd with tear gas canisters doesn't necessarily imply that the supporters have done anything wrong.
    There are groups of French people around the stadium attacking and robbing the fans.

https://twitter.com/MadridXtra/status/1530623041880858629?s=20&t=GmRcLeQozOrPjhCpMqlw4A
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    The only thing worse than holding it in Paris, would have been holding it in St Petersberg.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,959
    Leon said:

pigeon said:

Behaving themselves?:

https://twitter.com/danielnavasv/status/1530624436000501761?s=21&t=wvJNgwvrXzgpm5DY4wwYBA
    Any "fan" climbing the fence has to be banned for life. No ifs, no buts.

There are groups of French people around the stadium attacking and robbing the fans.

https://twitter.com/MadridXtra/status/1530623041880858629?s=20&t=GmRcLeQozOrPjhCpMqlw4A

Actually, I can believe that, having spent just a few hours in St Denis
  • El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    David Canzini is a shit Lynton Crosby tribute act.

Seriously, who thinks this stuff up? "The centre is slipping away to Starmer, so let's have some new policies that appeal only to the 30% who are still voting for us, and make us look like past-it one-hit wonders to the other 70%"?

pigeon said:

I have seen the video on twitter, looks like the CRS. Not clear why they set it off, but I think British football fans get a shock (like in the Marseille) when you piss them off, they don't ask if you want hemp milk with your cup of tea if you protest.
    I went to Marseille and we were frog marched to the away end. The Marseille team bus couldn’t get round a corner because of railings the police had put out. When the police finally got the railings moved, they got the obligatory sarcastic cheer from us. They didn’t like that.
    Crickey Fat Ronaldo, is now well very fat.
    edited May 2022

dixiedean said:

I really hope not
    Me neither. But one gate open. Fans outside the ground trying to get in. European Cup Final. Reports of police and organisational incompetence.
    Has disturbing echoes of both.
  • Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,461
    It's a bit early to be sure, but if it was crap organisation how come it hasn't affected Real Madrid fans, who've been in their seats and ready to go for ages?

Looks to me like the English (not Liverpool) disease: a) trying to get in without a ticket - mad; b) too much coke/booze/both.
    pigeon said:

pigeon said:

As I said before, the French riot coppers are notorious for quick resort to violent methods. The (quite possibly indiscriminate) shelling of the crowd with tear gas canisters doesn't necessarily imply that the supporters have done anything wrong.
    Absolutely - having been caught up (absolutely innocently) in the “policing” actions of the CRS in France they are utter wankers who escalate everything they police.

Their motto should be “always use a sledgehammer to crack a nut”.
    edited May 2022
    https://twitter.com/paulsaltysalt/status/1530628410665484290

Sorry if this doesn't fit @Leon's anti-Liverpool meme.

Probably several sides to this incl. some fans without tickets and lots of French bureaucracy & their notorious trigger-happy riot police (see below).

Is this true? If so, what a petty, cowardly shite he is. Yes, he’d have got pelters but that’s part of the job.

Sectarianism.
    Heathener said:

How did somebody Off-topic that?

Wtf is wrong with some people?
    People get more wound up on this site by the football tribalism than the politics 🤷‍♀️
    dixiedean said:

Ground looks pretty full to me.
    dixiedean said:

Yes.

This is not a management/policing issue though, it is a completely fucking horrible football fans issue.

I have been to one premier league football match in my life (Chelsea at home to some other London wankers, early 90s, apparently entirely unexceptional and good natured match) and one lot og Kenyan election riots (Nakuru 2007). The football was far the more frightening experience. because when you are confined in a queue which isn't moving, you faaacking shove as hard as you can innit. obviously.
    edited May 2022
    The shots on twitter of the fans trying to get into the stadium (not illegally) looks very poor crowd control. Seen stretchers taking people away, people crushed together.
    pigeon said:

pigeon said:

I am not suggesting they have but this is not good, and for commentators to hope supporters are safe and well sends a shudder down the spine if you know football history
    Heathener said:

Probably several sides to this incl. some fans without tickets and lots of French bureaucracy & their wild riot police (see below).

Yes, bureaucracy definitely makes me crush people to death.

The shots on twitter of the fans trying to get into the stadium (not illegally) looks very poor crowd control. Seem stretchers taking people away, people crushed together.

That is not what we want to hear

Seriously, who thinks this stuff up? "The centre is slipping away to Starmer, so let's have some new policies that appeal only to the 30% who are still voting for us, and make us look like past-it one-hit wonders to the other 70%"?

The famed Australian strategic election team don't appear to have noticed an Australian election last week.
  • ApplicantApplicant Posts: 3,379
    tlg86 said:

dixiedean said:

Ground looks pretty full to me.
    They showed some sections that looked 70% full at most.
    I thought Eurovision was the other week - has BT sport been hacked?

Just trying to make the Scousers feel at home...
    Leon said:

pigeon said:

Behaving themselves?:

A tiny handful of prats.

Anyway, stadium seems to finally be filling up properly and they've started the song and dance intro, so hopefully the congestion problems have been resolved.
    Heathener said:

Probably several sides to this incl. some fans without tickets and lots of French bureaucracy & their notorious trigger-happy riot police (see below).

Why is the problem only with the hymn-booers, not Real fans?

That said, the echoes of Hillsborough AND Heysel are not good. Nasty. Grim. Ugh
  • Heathener said:

That's a fair point, this account is an alt because the polls are embargoed, so can't post under my normal handle. Not much more I can say except that if I was trying to spook markets I probably wouldn't do it during a UCL final
    edited May 2022
    IshmaelZ said:

Heathener said:

Probably several sides to this incl. some fans without tickets and lots of French bureaucracy & their wild riot police (see below).

Actually it very much can. Crowd control is tricky and if you go excessive on checks you can easily generate a crush.

(Emphasis on excessive: there's a balance).

https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/status/1530614438147117056?t=sqBDe7_xpmRGTDb4CQG0NA&s=19
    Labour behind on economy with Opinium.

Heathener said:

That's a fair point, this account is an alt because the polls are embargoed, so can't post under my normal handle. Not much more I can say except that if I was trying to spook markets I probably wouldn't do it during a UCL final
    Hmmm ...
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,959
    Heathener said:

Leon said:

So you've decided that it is all the fault of Liverpool fans. This is not what many reporters are saying from outside the ground.

Having lived in France I can quite believe it's a combination, including some shambolic excessive bureaucracy by the French.

Is there any footage of Real fans climbing the fences?

Tonight's Yougov on imperial measurements

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1530593227736219649?t=q9-UWhijgBrc3QhYXk7ISQ&s=19
    Have we heard from our on the spot Admin Eagles yet?
    Heathener said:

IshmaelZ said:

Heathener said:

Actually it very much can. Crowd control is tricky and if you go excessive on checks you can easily generate a crush.

Only if you are initially dealing with a bunch of complete and utter subhuman c---s.

Either that or we get the same problem with rugby, cricket, F1, festival and opera crowds and I just haven't noticed. One or the other.
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,005
    TSE is there isn't he?

Heathener said:

Leon said:

Yeah, I have seen some.
    A BBC reporter writes (at 8:15):

Disgraceful this from @championsleague been waiting an hour and a half to get in and no sign of being successful. Gates closed so no way of gaining entry. We’ve just been peppered sprayed yet no sign of crowd disorder where I am. Crowd building up outside. Joke

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/57740864
    edited May 2022

Have we heard from our Bird on the spot Admin Eagles yet?

Honestly. Hottest news story in world tonight. We should have sent Leon.

Anyway, I’m going to the bar and getting another round in then.

Labour behind on economy with Opinium.
    Sunak really isn't doing a good job.

I'd be really interested if he ever told us quite why he's doing what he's doing, but he chooses not to.

Heathener said:

Leon said:

nope. all replicants.

Heathener said:

The bit about Wakefield was pretty obvious when you look at the Council results.
    And they were without a nonce to replace.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,712
    edited May 2022
    Just a 3% lead for Labour after the Gray report with Opinium is much better than expected. Boris and many Tory MPs will be relieved.

The 32% wanting Boris to stay PM almost exactly matches the 33% Conservative voteshare, so clearly those wanting him to go are virtually all Labour and LD voters
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,926
    dixiedean said:

The famed Australian strategic election team don't appear to have noticed an Australian election last week.
    ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) analysis of media coverage:-

A Murdoch loss: Dissecting election media
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANeqEi0xcxw (video is 18 minutes long; ideal for pre-match viewing).

• TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,678
    tlg86 said:

Farooq said:

You know, I was in Liverpool this afternoon. I hate the crowds but my wife loved it.
    The atmosphere was excited and loud and noisy, but no anger at all.
    Several fans got out of our way walking through Williamson Square with an apology before they carried on shouting and singing.
    But not a cross word anywhere. The behaviour was first rate and no police needed at all.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,184

I'm pretty favourable to Imperial measurements. I talk about miles and yards, not kilometres and metres.
    But all I really want in this regard is what I already have - road signs in miles, and now, the freedom for traders to sell in whatever crazed system of units they prefer. Which nowadays will mostly be metric. There is absolutely nothing more I want to do in relation to measurement.
    HYUFD said:

Just a 3% lead for Labour after the Gray report with Opinium is much better than expected. Boris and many Tory MPs will be relieved.

See my earlier post about Opinium probably slightly underestimating Labour's lead.

TSE is there isn't he?

He'll never get over any fence in his footwear.
    edited May 2022
    IshmaelZ said:

Heathener said:

IshmaelZ said:

Heathener said:

Only if you are initially dealing with a bunch of complete and utter subhuman c---s.

Either that or we get the same problem with rugby, cricket, F1, festival and opera crowds and I just haven't noticed. One or the other.
    There have been several disastrous death crushes at festivals, music as well as religious. There are nearly always administrative and poor organisational dimensions involved.

Stop being a prat. It's not about subhumans. We're talking huge numbers being packed into a small space in a short amount of time. The organisation on this occasion sounds rubbish. Which does not in the least surprise me with the French.

I remember going to a concert at Knebworth once and it was utter chaos afterwards, and dangerous. Nothing to do with the people present. It was an entirely benign crowd of Genesis fans.
This discussion has been closed.