Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Latest voting intention polling following last week’s by-election – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,934
    Dura_Ace said:

Hope GB News didn't miss this scoop

We live in hell.
    Hell is where we melt down Spitfire parts, and also where we have adopted the Americanism pins to mean badges.
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074
    maaarsh said:

Cyclefree said:

Dura_Ace said:

TOPPING said:

Dura_Ace said:

And you have still not answered my question

Yes, Grant Shapps IS the cousin of Mick Jones from The Clash. (The Only Band That Matters)
    YOU ARE FUCKING KIDDING ME!

I know, amazing.

What next? Woody Guthrie is the grandfather of Mark Francois?
    Crispin Blunt is the uncle of Emily Blunt and Danny Krueger's momma is Prue Leith.

The former connection really blew my mind.
    As a pupil barrister I worked on a building arbitration case in the Lake District where Emily Blunt's father, David Blunt was on the other side. He's now a WC and my pupil master a judge.
    You may not have liked the man but it's no justification for calling him that.
    Bloody autocorrect. QC I meant.

He was a terrible flirt and quite handsome. But he was polite.

Unlike the clients on whose team I was, who were unbelievably boorish and rude towards me. It was the first time I had encountered the sort of "Me Too" behaviour in men old enough to be my father, many of whom were themselves also grandfathers.
  • sarissasarissa Posts: 1,752
    Nigelb said:

This is a pretty remarkable result, and could transform agriculture.

Photovoltaic-driven microbial protein production can use land and sunlight more efficiently than conventional crops
    https://www.pnas.org/content/118/26/e2015025118
    ...Microbial biomass can be cultivated to yield protein-rich feed and food supplements, collectively termed single-cell protein (SCP). Yet, we still lack a quantitative comparison between traditional agriculture and photovoltaic-driven SCP systems in terms of land use and energetic efficiency. Here, we analyze the energetic efficiency of harnessing solar energy to produce SCP from air and water. Our model includes photovoltaic electricity generation, direct air capture of carbon dioxide, electrosynthesis of an electron donor and/or carbon source for microbial growth (hydrogen, formate, or methanol), microbial cultivation, and the processing of biomass and proteins. We show that, per unit of land, SCP production can reach an over 10-fold higher protein yield and at least twice the caloric yield compared with any staple crop. Altogether, this quantitative analysis offers an assessment of the future potential of photovoltaic-driven microbial foods to supplement conventional agricultural production and support resource-efficient protein supply on a global scale...

Soylent Green is People!!
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,073
    Cookie said:

A police officer has been convicted of the manslaughter of the former professional footballer Dalian Atkinson, after firing an electric stun gun into him for 33 seconds and kicking him twice in the head as he lay on the ground.

PC Benjamin Monk of the West Mercia force, was convicted of the killing by a jury at Birmingham crown court.

It is the British equivalent of the George Floyd case, and the conviction raises urgent questions about the troubled legitimacy of British policing.

Monk was accused of lying in court about his account, and of kicking and stamping on Atkinson’s head while he was barely conscious on the ground.

Monk is the first officer convicted of manslaughter during the course of his duties in over three decades

Atkinson was kicked with such force his blood was found in the laces of Monk’s police issue boots.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/23/police-officer-guilty-of-manslaughter-of-ex-footballer-dalian-atkinson?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It doesn't raise "urgent questions about the troubled legitimacy of British policing" because "Monk is the first officer convicted of manslaughter during the course of his duties in over three decades".
    Britain <> America.
    This case is not representative of UK policing.
    No, I think it probably isn't, and America with its locally controlled and militarised police is a different kettle of fish.

However, alongside the recent systemic corruption in the Morgan case, the Wayne Couzens arrest and now this, it is clear that the UK police do have questions to answer.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,149

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Dura_Ace said:

Yes, Grant Shapps IS the cousin of Mick Jones from The Clash. (The Only Band That Matters)

That is amazing. Still remember fondly when some skinheads jumped up on the stage at the Rainbow and beat to fuck the support band (Suicide).

Happy days.

Edit: Remote Control tour I believe.
    You were Spartacus? It beats my FP Rainbow story that I was there when the GLC abruptly terminated The Stranglers because Hugh Cornwell's teeshirt had a Ford-like logo that said Fuck (or something).
    I remember JJ Burnel offering some bloke out from the stage at the Nashville for some reason or other (or perhaps none). The bloke left.
    The Stranglers. A curious group. Went from the grunging Black & White to the wierdly poppy The Gospel According to the Meninblack in just a few LPs.
    I booked the Stranglers to play at our Students Union in Hull… they got a better offer to tour Germany at the last minute so the agent sent Johnny Thunders Heartbreakers instead… May 7th 1977… they caused a riot…NME write-up can still be found online… was summonsed to Principal’s office on the Monday to explain paraphernalia and discarded condoms in the changing room used by the band… was the last gig allowed on site for many a year…
    http://punkrocker.org.uk/punkinterviews/heartbreakers.html

must be it? Quite a lively evening by the sound of it.
  • thestrandthestrand Posts: 20

The embarrassing antivaxxery from the PB zerocovidians on here yesterday might come as a surprise to the ultra-dovish Professor Pantsdown, who has been on the airwaves this morning telling us how effective the vaccines are against Delta.

Funny old world.

Lol I think neil Ferguson's is pretty discredited dont you
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,043
    maaarsh said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Burley is having a tantrum on Sky over the VIP UEFA officials being allowed into the Country for the Euro final at Wembley, when UK citizens cannot go abroad

Sky interviewed labour's John Healey who fell into the narrative by saying this is typical behaviour by this government of favouring their friends as Dominic Cummings affirms, but then Sky singularly failed to ask the question of him, labour and indeed Burley herself, that are they willing to hand the prestigious finals to Bucharest, as that is the consequence of banning these officials

This is another example of poor journalism and seeking another 'gotcha'

UK citizens can go abroad.

It's a matter of what they have to do when they get back.
    But that is not the point

This is a prestigious sporting event and does anyone want to hand this event to another country, by preventing the organisations officials attending
    I'd not mind. I like a big event, but officials dictating exemptions to national rules? Its petty power pushing.
    I don't agree. We're supposed to be removing the rules, there's been many "trial" events throughout lifting the lockdown that have had exemptions to the rules.

Its a problem that we're not lifting lockdown fast enough, its not a problem that certain events are trialling different rules before they get rolled out to everybody.
    If this was really about proving routes out that would be great.

Sadly it looks far more like providing exceptions for popular events to try and maintain support for keeping restrictions on everyone and everything else as long as possible.
    From the sounds of it 19 July lifting of lockdown will go ahead, which is a month too late but better late than never.

And the government has confirmed its looking at lifting travel restrictions too, not tightening them.

So not throwing away a major event by enforcing rules that are potentially being scrapped two weeks later seems proportional to me. I'd rather see more lifting of lockdown than less.
    The noises being made on July 19th are frankly less warm than the talk about June 21st was on the 25th of May. The people involved in these decisions are now well past being entitled to the benefit of the doubt. Given the level of error now clear in the models used, if they were really now following the data they would be unlocking on the 7th.
    Plus bear in mind Lillico's tweet earlier (which I posted) that cases are likely to be peaking around then.

SAGE will have plenty of reasons to talk Johnson out of terminus date again.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165
    Cookie said:

A police officer has been convicted of the manslaughter of the former professional footballer Dalian Atkinson, after firing an electric stun gun into him for 33 seconds and kicking him twice in the head as he lay on the ground.

PC Benjamin Monk of the West Mercia force, was convicted of the killing by a jury at Birmingham crown court.

It is the British equivalent of the George Floyd case, and the conviction raises urgent questions about the troubled legitimacy of British policing.

Monk was accused of lying in court about his account, and of kicking and stamping on Atkinson’s head while he was barely conscious on the ground.

Monk is the first officer convicted of manslaughter during the course of his duties in over three decades

Atkinson was kicked with such force his blood was found in the laces of Monk’s police issue boots.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/23/police-officer-guilty-of-manslaughter-of-ex-footballer-dalian-atkinson?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Is this connected to the trebuchet?

Still, 'the first officer convicted of manslaughter during the course of his duties in over three decades' must mean the cops are pretty clean, right?
    Yes as Hillsborough shows.
    To be clear, with my earlier point, I wasn't saying British policing is 'good'. British policing is Cressida Dick. But the problem isn't typically that the British police are habitually killing schizophrenic black ex-footballers, or indeed anyone else.
    What I didn't get about the George Floyd case was that there was a focus on this one cop committing murder. Now, I understand that getting a conviction was quite a big deal, but in a way, it lets the police as an institution off because they get to wash their hands of a bad apple.

The bigger issues are the institutional failings - which there are many both in the US and the UK.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,149

Dura_Ace said:

We live in hell.
    Hell is where we melt down Spitfire parts, and also where we have adopted the Americanism pins to mean badges.
    I had thought they meant orthopaedic pins for things like hip transplants!
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Burley is having a tantrum on Sky over the VIP UEFA officials being allowed into the Country for the Euro final at Wembley, when UK citizens cannot go abroad

Sky interviewed labour's John Healey who fell into the narrative by saying this is typical behaviour by this government of favouring their friends as Dominic Cummings affirms, but then Sky singularly failed to ask the question of him, labour and indeed Burley herself, that are they willing to hand the prestigious finals to Bucharest, as that is the consequence of banning these officials

This is a prestigious sporting event and does anyone want to hand this event to another country, by preventing the organisations officials attending
    I'd not mind. I like a big event, but officials dictating exemptions to national rules? Its petty power pushing.
    I don't agree. We're supposed to be removing the rules, there's been many "trial" events throughout lifting the lockdown that have had exemptions to the rules.

Its a problem that we're not lifting lockdown fast enough, its not a problem that certain events are trialling different rules before they get rolled out to everybody.

Sadly it looks far more like providing exceptions for popular events to try and maintain support for keeping restrictions on everyone and everything else as long as possible.
    From the sounds of it 19 July lifting of lockdown will go ahead, which is a month too late but better late than never.

And the government has confirmed its looking at lifting travel restrictions too, not tightening them.

So not throwing away a major event by enforcing rules that are potentially being scrapped two weeks later seems proportional to me. I'd rather see more lifting of lockdown than less.
    Mate please dont believe everything you read in the papers have you learned nothing this past year
    Says the person who believes that Israel is seeing a surge in cases. 🤔
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited June 2021
    Looking forward to 16,500 peeps congregating at Murrayfield this weekend.

Going to thoroughly enjoy all my daughter's summer activities being cancelled.

thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Mate please dont believe everything you read in the papers have you learned nothing this past year
    Cases are on upward trend in israel what's your point
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,576
    edited June 2021

Nigelb said:

Photovoltaic-driven microbial protein production can use land and sunlight more efficiently than conventional crops
    ...Microbial biomass can be cultivated to yield protein-rich feed and food supplements, collectively termed single-cell protein (SCP). Yet, we still lack a quantitative comparison between traditional agriculture and photovoltaic-driven SCP systems in terms of land use and energetic efficiency. Here, we analyze the energetic efficiency of harnessing solar energy to produce SCP from air and water. Our model includes photovoltaic electricity generation, direct air capture of carbon dioxide, electrosynthesis of an electron donor and/or carbon source for microbial growth (hydrogen, formate, or methanol), microbial cultivation, and the processing of biomass and proteins. We show that, per unit of land, SCP production can reach an over 10-fold higher protein yield and at least twice the caloric yield compared with any staple crop. Altogether, this quantitative analysis offers an assessment of the future potential of photovoltaic-driven microbial foods to supplement conventional agricultural production and support resource-efficient protein supply on a global scale...

I think I'd rather see cows in a field. Call me old fashioned.

Not much ecology under a field of solar panels.
    Not true.
    Particularly in arid/desert climates, the shade provided by arrays of solar panels makes it more, not less hospitable for plants.

Divorcing bulk agriculture from climate constraints, at the same time as reducing land area required for calorie/protein, would be massively beneficial.

And the vast majority of the world's beef production never sees a green field anyway.
    thestrand said:

thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

6 cases per million, with large communities of antivaxxers and fewer people vaccinated than the UK has. Big f***ing deal.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842

The embarrassing antivaxxery from the PB zerocovidians on here yesterday might come as a surprise to the ultra-dovish Professor Pantsdown, who has been on the airwaves this morning telling us how effective the vaccines are against Delta.

Funny old world.

Ferguson has actually had quite a balanced view on Covid throughout the pandemic I think
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

Foxy said:

O/T 5 years ago today we voted to leave. Today I am off to London to spend the day on the lash with some of my fellow campaigners to celebrate the anniversary. If anybody sees a very drunken and dishevelled man trying to get on the last train back to Liverpool from Euston tonight, either please help me on or shove me under it depending on how you voted.

Strong Britain, Great Nation,

Strong Britain, Great Nation...

I noticed on the last thread that you sneered at the British values of tolerance, kindness, pride and respect.

Which of those virtues are not worth celebrating and encouraging?
    All those virtues are worth celebrating and encouraging. However, I suspect they're not uniquely British, more like universal. Indeed, even in less tolerant countries than ours I suspect that most individual people value tolerance, kindness, pride and respect. Though such values are not always on display on PB.
    That’s a fair push back - but really just goes to show how effective we’ve been at expanding our culture 😉

Although I think there data that occasionally gets posted here to indicate we are clearly more tolerant than our European neighbours
    Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Not true.
    Particularly in arid/desert climates, the shade provided by arrays of solar panels makes it more, not less hospitable for plants.

Divorcing bulk agriculture from climate constraints, at the same time as reducing land area required for calorie/protein, would be massively beneficial.

And the vast majority of the world's beef production never sees a green field anyway.
    That may be true in Australia, California or the Middle East but there's surprisingly little desert in the UK - and surprisingly a fair amount of green and pleasant land instead.

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

6 cases per million, with large communities of antivaxxers and fewer people vaccinated than the UK has. Big f***ing deal.
    Your veering into antisemitism there mate

Why has Sir Keir Starmer let the former Secretary of the Monday Club's Immigration and Repatriation Committee join the Labour Party?

Further proof of his bad judgment, I mean at the time the Monday Club policy was to repatriate all darkies wasn't it?

Also can anyone tell me why Boris Johnson correctly denied John Bercow a peerage because of the bullying allegations yet kept Priti Patel as Home Secretary after she had been found of bullying behaviour?

Because Bercow was bullying junior clerical staff. Patel was having robust discussions with a permanent secretary who shouldn’t have to resort to complaints of bullying
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,043
    Ed Davey asks important question about carers.

Johnson just waffles vacuous crap as per usual.

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Please explain.

There is nothing antisemitic to say that there's large communities of antivaxxers in Israel, its well known.
    There is nothing antisemitic to say that Israel have fewer people vaccinated than the UK has, its a factual absolute truth.

There is nothing antisemitic to say that 6 cases per million in those circumstances not important.

Stop spreading conspiracy theories. Israel does not have a problem, other than that those who have refused the vaccine may end up getting their immunity from more natural means.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,774
    Dura_Ace said:

Nigelb said:

Dura_Ace said:

FYI - I know PB contains many people who possess an innocent mind so if you don't know what pegged/pegging means then do not look it up.

Nothing wrong with a bit cribbage.
    That's what they call it in the Navy ?
    Well pegging does come from the tradition of young "Peg Boys" sitting on pegs in Mumbai brothels in order to be sufficiently commodious to accommodate visiting British sailors.

24 lashes for "uncleanliness" if caught.
    Or as Kenneth Seabright put it:

"And now the scene shifted and I passed
    From sensuous Bengal to fierce Peshawar
    An Asiatic stronghold where each flower
    Of boyhood planted in its restless soil
    is - ipso facto - ready to despoil
    (or be despoiled by) someone else; the yarn
    Indeed so has it that the young Pathan
    Thinks it peculiar if you would pass
    Him by without some reference to his arse.
    Each boy of certain age will let on hire
    His charms to indiscriminate desire,
    To wholesale Buggery and perverse letches....
    To get a boy was easier than to pick
    The flowers by the wayside; for as quick
    As one went out another one came in....
    Scarce passed a night but I in rapturous joy
    Indulged in mutual sodomy, the boy
    Fierce-eyed, entrancing...."
    "
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,812
    Charles said:

Why has Sir Keir Starmer let the former Secretary of the Monday Club's Immigration and Repatriation Committee join the Labour Party?

Further proof of his bad judgment, I mean at the time the Monday Club policy was to repatriate all darkies wasn't it?

Also can anyone tell me why Boris Johnson correctly denied John Bercow a peerage because of the bullying allegations yet kept Priti Patel as Home Secretary after she had been found of bullying behaviour?

Because Bercow was bullying junior clerical staff. Patel was having robust discussions with a permanent secretary who shouldn’t have to resort to complaints of bullying
    What about all the other bullying accusations made against Priti.

She has a...reputation.
  • pm215pm215 Posts: 926
    tlg86 said:

What I didn't get about the George Floyd case was that there was a focus on this one cop committing murder. Now, I understand that getting a conviction was quite a big deal, but in a way, it lets the police as an institution off because they get to wash their hands of a bad apple.

The bigger issues are the institutional failings - which there are many both in the US and the UK.

Specific examples are powerful things if you're trying to achieve change -- human brains tend to work on stories, not on data. Also, the path to conviction matters because the judicial system as a whole has major institutional failings that often manifest as the cop never being put on trial in the first place.

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Please explain.

There is nothing antisemitic to say that there's large communities of antivaxxers in Israel, its well known.
    There is nothing antisemitic to say that Israel have fewer people vaccinated than the UK has, its a factual absolute truth.

There is nothing antisemitic to say that 6 cases per million in those circumstances not important.

Stop spreading conspiracy theories. Israel does not have a problem, other than that those who have refused the vaccine may end up getting their immunity from more natural means.
    Just seems mate you are setting up the orthodox jewish community in israel to be blamed if something goes wrong because of their vaccine hesitancy...be careful
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,073
    Charles said:

Is that correct?

I understood that the Civil Servant won quite a large award from us because of PP.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,286
    Cookie said:

It doesn't raise "urgent questions about the troubled legitimacy of British policing" because "Monk is the first officer convicted of manslaughter during the course of his duties in over three decades".
    Britain <> America.
    +1
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    edited June 2021
    BREAKING: A Russian military ship fired warning shots at a @RoyalNavy destroyer after HMS Defender entered Russian waters in Black Sea & Russian jet dropped bombs in its path, @Reuters is quoting Interfax as saying. It cites Russia's defence ministry. Awaiting @DefenceHQ

https://twitter.com/haynesdeborah/status/1407660297767292931?s=20
  • pingping Posts: 3,724
    edited June 2021
    thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Ridiculous.

If that post is antisemitic, the word has no meaning.
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,004
    Russia fires warning shots at British destroyer near Crimea
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 14,772

BREAKING: A Russian military ship fired warning shots at a @RoyalNavy destroyer after HMS Defender entered Russian waters in Black Sea & Russian jet dropped bombs in its path, @Reuters is quoting Interfax as saying. It cites Russia's defence ministry. Awaiting @DefenceHQ

Would "Russian waters" be those in the vicinity of Crimea?
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,268
    Cookie said:

Britain <> America.
    This is the cheapest, wankiest kind of journalism

"this raises urgent questions"

Only in the mind of the journalist
    edited June 2021
    thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Please explain.

Just seems mate you are setting up the orthodox jewish community in israel to be blamed if something goes wrong because of their vaccine hesitancy...be careful
    Its not remotely antisemitic to say that if a community rejects a vaccine then they're at more risk of being infected.

Some religions and other belief systems reject modern medicine. Some reject blood, some reject vaccines and some reject other medicine, some people believe in healing crystals or other crap instead of medicine.

You falsely claimed that the vaccine is failing in Israel. People who haven't been vaccinated getting infected isn't a vaccine failure.

Religion doesn't trump science. Get your jab, medicine works.
    Scott_xP said:

The Chemical Brothers, Blur, Primal Scream and Radiohead are among the artists urging the government to make it easier for British musicians to tour in the European Union post-Brexit https://trib.al/Wgw1DBC

If we can revoke Radiohead’s citizenship while they are abroad…
    Carnyx said:

Dura_Ace said:

We live in hell.
    I had thought they meant orthopaedic pins for things like hip transplants!
    Ah. Maybe they did. Hard to tell from a screenshot of a tweet rather than a link.
  • TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387

Twitter thinks so
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603

maaarsh said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

The noises being made on July 19th are frankly less warm than the talk about June 21st was on the 25th of May. The people involved in these decisions are now well past being entitled to the benefit of the doubt. Given the level of error now clear in the models used, if they were really now following the data they would be unlocking on the 7th.
    Plus bear in mind Lillico's tweet earlier (which I posted) that cases are likely to be peaking around then.

Yup I won't believe it until it happens.
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Sean_F said:

In the first opinion poll since the historic vote of No Confidence in prime minister Stefan Löfven, the Swedish Left Party (renamed Communists) reach their highest numbers in 19 years.

In contrast, the Liberal vote has totally collapsed. There is no way they are going to reach the 4% threshold now.

The news articles say the PM may call elections, but if he dos, there will be elections next September anyway (i.e. as well).

Are we expecting a 2021 election in that case?
    Regarding first query: yes, that is correct. Incidentally, that is the same in Scotland: any extraordinary general elections (there has never been one) would be in addition to the regular ones, only supplanting the next if less than six months away.

Query two: yes, probably. The PM has until the weekend to secure a new basis for government and a budget, but his task is looking grim. He is a trade unionist by trade and is an outstanding negotiator, but he seems to have come to the end of the tracks: the Centre Party (former Agrarians) point blank refuse to negotiate with the Left Party, apparently because of their nasty history of being palsy walsy with East Germany and other communist dictatorships.
    I guess some left wing voters might lend their support to the Greens, to ensure they get above the 4% threshold.

The Liberals aren't loved by anyone however.
    Correct analysis.

(Not just left-wingers might lend a vote to Greens.)
    edited June 2021

Yes, looks like we were around 10 miles of the coast of Crimea near Sevastapol.
    Leon said:

Cookie said:

Britain <> America.
    This is the cheapest, wankiest kind of journalism

"this raises urgent questions"

Only in the mind of the journalist
    As ever, there is a wikipedia page for police homicides.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_Kingdom

Not many by international standards but one or two cause raised eyebrows.
    This is a striking chart – look at the distance from Liberal Remainers (13% of adults) to the other segments

https://twitter.com/MattSingh_/status/1407661937064882180?s=20

https://twitter.com/GideonSkinner/status/1407653290956013570?s=20

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Please explain.

Its not remotely antisemitic to say that if a community rejects a vaccine then they're at more risk of being infected.

Some religions and other belief systems reject modern medicine. Some reject blood, some reject vaccines and some reject other medicine, some people believe in healing crystals or other crap instead of medicine.

You falsely claimed that the vaccine is failing in Israel. People who haven't been vaccinated getting infected isn't a vaccine failure.

It seems you are in danger of jew blaming...blaming Jews for disease spreading. The nazis did that and it is a dangerous road to go down...please stop
  • maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Please explain.

It seems you are in danger of jew blaming...blaming Jews for disease spreading. The nazis did that and it is a dangerous road to go down...please stop
    Utterly shameful and completely shameless.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

This is a striking chart – look at the distance from Liberal Remainers (13% of adults) to the other segments

https://twitter.com/MattSingh_/status/1407661937064882180?s=20

https://twitter.com/GideonSkinner/status/1407653290956013570?s=20

Why isn't the average Brit at 2.5 on the y-axis?
    thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Please explain.

You must be trolling at this point.

Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Not true.

That may be true in Australia, California or the Middle East but there's surprisingly little desert in the UK - and surprisingly a fair amount of green and pleasant land instead.
    Yes, but some of us think globally. :smile:
    Cyclefree said:

RA Statement:

Media Statement from the Royal Academy of Arts

There has been a great deal of debate around the RA’s recent communication about no longer stocking the work of Jess de Wahls in the Royal Academy shop. We have thought long and hard since then about this and the wider issues it raises.

One thing is clear to us now – we should have handled this better. We have apologised to Jess de Wahls for the way we have treated her and do so again publicly now. We had no right to judge her views on our social media. This betrayed our most important core value – the protection of free speech.

There was also a failure of communications internally which resulted in Jess de Wahls first hearing via social media that we would no longer stock her product in the RA shop. We will now reopen discussions with her regarding the restocking of her work.

Plurality of voices, tolerance and free thinking are at the core of what we stand for and seek to protect. These events raise some fundamental issues. Freedom of expression can open up debate, create empathy or respect for difference, it can also at times cause hurt and outrage. This has confirmed to us our commitment to freedom of expression and to addressing complex issues through engagement and debate.

We will continue to reflect on this and to look at our internal processes to ensure we learn from it. We want to make sure we navigate this better in future.

https://royal-academy-production-asset.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/b5758780-33b8-47a9-9dea-0b3312981235/Royal Academy statement 23.06.21.pdf

Cyclefree's response:

Replying to
    @royalacademy and @JessDeWahls
    Glad you finally got an apology. 2 points: (1) they need to restock your work not simply talk to you about it; (2) they should not blame some junior person in the press office. This was a failure of governance at the highest level. It should not have taken 5 days to resolve it.

https://twitter.com/Cyclefree2/status/1407623732257071104?s=20

Now to take on the BBC.

Their Moral Maze programme tonight is on trans women and women's sport. 4 people on the panel: all of them born male. No adult female and no female athlete was thought worthy of inclusion.

Not so much a Moral Maze as a Moral Cul-de-Sac.
    Pleasantly surprised to read this in the Guardian today:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2021/jun/22/by-conflating-gender-and-sex-we-undermine-sporting-competition
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146

Yes, looks like we were within around 10 miles of the coast of Crimea near Sevastapol.
    De Pfeffel is trying to start WWIII
    edited June 2021
    tlg86 said:

Cookie said:

Still, 'the first officer convicted of manslaughter during the course of his duties in over three decades' must mean the cops are pretty clean, right?
    To be clear, with my earlier point, I wasn't saying British policing is 'good'. British policing is Cressida Dick. But the problem isn't typically that the British police are habitually killing schizophrenic black ex-footballers, or indeed anyone else.

I am not going to comment on the US police but the U.K. police have a lot of issues to deal with. But which are not being. And won't ever be - unless the Home Office gets its shit together and does the job it's meant to do.

https://www7.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2020/01/17/a-toxic-culture/
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,184
    edited June 2021
    Foxy said:

Cookie said:

Britain <> America.
    No, I think it probably isn't, and America with its locally controlled and militarised police is a different kettle of fish.

However, alongside the recent systemic corruption in the Morgan case, the Wayne Couzens arrest and now this, it is clear that the UK police do have questions to answer.
    Indeed. But many varying questions from different directions. The author of this piece wants to imply 'British police are violent racists.' Which was not the problem with any of the last, ooh, ten localised or general crises the police has faced, which, off the top of my head include Wayne Couzens, that recent Cressida Dick corruption trial, inability to even try to investigate burglaries (GMP and elsewhere), Operation Midland, Hillsborough, mass grooming in Rotherham (and elsewhere), operation Yewtree, the shooting of that Brazilian fella in London, overzealous policing of lockdowns ... Difficult to draw any conclusions about the police from all of these apart from how often Cressida Dick appears to crop up.
    Indeed, the one thing the British police can't be accused of in comparison to almost any other police force is habitually killing people, black or otherwise.

Twitter thinks so
    You can find HMS Defender on the marine tracking maps. Now south of Yalta.
  • MattWMattW Posts: 18,094
    edited June 2021

Moving on: why the EU is not missing Britain that much

Smaller EU member states were impressed by how the EU has stood behind Ireland in the disputes with the UK over the Irish border, which had raised concern about the peace process, he said. “Small member states told us what is happening in Ireland shows us that when one country has an existential issue that that is an existential issue for all.”

Given the British role as leader of the EU’s awkward squad, obtaining opt-outs and raising red flags, some things are easier without the UK. “There are different states of sorrow,” said Riekeles. “We miss the British, but probably less than we thought.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/23/moving-on-why-the-eu-is-not-missing-britain-that-much

Rather panglossian, and a little head in the clouds.

I wonder how they, especially the ROI, will react when their vetoes are taken away:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eu-veto-hostage-taking-foreign-policy-must-end-germanys-maas-2021-06-07/
  • FishingFishing Posts: 4,555
    MattW said:

Moving on: why the EU is not missing Britain that much

Smaller EU member states were impressed by how the EU has stood behind Ireland in the disputes with the UK over the Irish border, which had raised concern about the peace process, he said. “Small member states told us what is happening in Ireland shows us that when one country has an existential issue that that is an existential issue for all.”

Given the British role as leader of the EU’s awkward squad, obtaining opt-outs and raising red flags, some things are easier without the UK. “There are different states of sorrow,” said Riekeles. “We miss the British, but probably less than we thought.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/23/moving-on-why-the-eu-is-not-missing-britain-that-much

Rather panglossian, and a little head in the clouds.

I wonder how they, especially the ROI, will react when their vetoes are taken away:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eu-veto-hostage-taking-foreign-policy-must-end-germanys-maas-2021-06-07/
    They certainly miss our cash and are simply lying if they say they don't.

But overall, our leaving is clearly good for euro-federalists, of which Riekeles is doubtless one.
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,881

Twitter thinks so
    You can find the AIS position she's choosing to report there.

Raab is going to draft a furious email with no smileys to the Russians.
    That IPSOS Mori report:

Five years on from the referendum vote, Britain’s tribes of Brexit can still be seen in public opinion. But the research shows that we can take a more sophisticated view, and not simply assume that just because people are on the same side of the argument that their views are all the same. Partly this reflects the differences in social and economic values that were part of the underlying forces behind Brexit, with some Remainers more liberal and internationalist than others, and on the Leave side different visions for Brexit: one which is more culturally conservative and concerned about immigration control, another which is more globalist and eager to explore Brexit’s economic opportunities.

But while the potential for Brexit to cause polarisation between the extremes continues, we can’t forget the middle ground, where Brexit identities are felt much less strongly, and where people can see both sides of the argument. Looking ahead, there is still room for public judgements about Brexit to move in either direction. The UK’s Covid-19 vaccination programme is seen as an example where Britain has outperformed Europe, but there are also concerns the other side, including Brexit’s impact on food prices and key industries such as agriculture and automotive. This all suggests we haven’t seen the end of the debate just yet.

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/five-years-brexit-and-forces-underlying-it-continues-shape-public-opinion

Twitter thinks so
    This is the recent track of HMS Defender.

Twitter thinks so

That's a bit provocative.
    Anyway for @malcolmg and other Scottish posters, it appears that the government is thinking of approving a new oil/gas field off the coast of Scotland.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/uk-prepares-to-approve-oilfield-despite-cop26-climate-conference-0wlxjm7tv

Something about Scotland being too poor / no oil to be independent .... we must be green ..... etc.

On that note I'll be off for a bit.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,969
    RobD said:

Twitter thinks so

Don’t worry Gavin Williamson is on the case.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/15/russia-ripping-up-the-international-rule-book-says-defence-secretary?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
  • squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,288

Ed Davey asks important question about carers.

Johnson just waffles vacuous crap as per usual.

Unlike the vacuous crap often posted on here no doubt...
  • Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,793
    thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

thestrand said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Please explain.

You're trying a bit too hard there. Too obvious.
    Last night this guy posted an amazing thread summarising a remarkable paper, which details Chinese deletions of early data about Covid-19. It is proof that there has been a determined cover-up in China, there is no question now. It is not proof that it leaked from the lab, though it strongly supports that hypothesis

See here:

"In a new study, I identify and recover a deleted set of #SARSCoV2 sequences that provide additional information about viruses from the early Wuhan outbreak: https://biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.06.18.449051v1 (1/n)"

https://twitter.com/jbloom_lab/status/1407445604029009923?s=20

This has caused consternation amongst those people who are curiously attached to the natural zoonosis/wet market hypothesis. This woman - I'm not sure why - is one of the most salient of these wet marketeers on Twitter: Angie Rasmussen

Her riposte is that this latest research is "systemically racist"

I jest not

https://twitter.com/PrometheusAM/status/1407657291331997703?s=20
    Interesting - US prevents takeover of S Korean company:
    https://www.eetimes.com/u-s-blocks-chinese-deal-for-magnachip/
    ...Analysts note that intervention by CFIUS in the proposed deal is significant and perhaps unprecedented since Magnachip has little if any presence in the U.S. market beyond incorporation in Delaware and shares traded on a U.S. stock exchange (NYSE: MX).

The joint U.S.-South Korean effort to block Wise Road’s acquisition of Magnachip represents a “major extension” by CFIUS of its jurisdiction over foreign technology acquisitions, according to Chris Miller, an assistant professor at Tuft University’s Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy...

The idea that the Biden administration is soft on China seems misguided.
  • MattWMattW Posts: 18,094
    Dura_Ace said:

Twitter thinks so

Tweet now deleted. Why?
    MattW said:

Dura_Ace said:

Twitter thinks so

Tweet now deleted. Why?
    I deleted and retweeted this tweet given UK regards waters off Crimea as international that Russia claims as its own

https://twitter.com/haynesdeborah/status/1407669367521923074?s=21
    More than 150 workers at a Houston hospital system have resigned or been fired after refusing to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Houston Methodist told its employees in April that they had to get vaccinated by 7 June, the first major US healthcare system to make the jabs compulsory.

Some 178 people refused and were suspended without pay for two weeks.

During that time, 153 of the group, who still refused, either resigned or were fired.

Also in June, 117 employees took the hospital system to court over the requirement, saying their situation was similar to the medical experiments performed on unwilling victims in Nazi concentration camps during the Second World War.

But on 12 June US District Judge Lynn Hughes threw the case out and said the comparison to concentration camp medical experiments was "reprehensible".

She also said that the employees' lawsuit had falsely claimed the vaccines were experimental and dangerous.

If the employees did not like the vaccine rule, they could work elsewhere, the judge added.

https://news.sky.com/story/more-than-150-hospital-workers-lose-their-jobs-after-refusing-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-in-houston-12339593
    tlg86 said:

Hang on, Hillsborough was about race?
    Don’t be silly. It was in relation to this.

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,226

More than 150 workers at a Houston hospital system have resigned or been fired after refusing to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Houston Methodist told its employees in April that they had to get vaccinated by 7 June, the first major US healthcare system to make the jabs compulsory.

During that time, 153 of the group, who still refused, either resigned or were fired.

Also in June, 117 employees took the hospital system to court over the requirement, saying their situation was similar to the medical experiments performed on unwilling victims in Nazi concentration camps during the Second World War.

But on 12 June US District Judge Lynn Hughes threw the case out and said the comparison to concentration camp medical experiments was "reprehensible".

She also said that the employees' lawsuit had falsely claimed the vaccines were experimental and dangerous.

If the employees did not like the vaccine rule, they could work elsewhere, the judge added.

https://news.sky.com/story/more-than-150-hospital-workers-lose-their-jobs-after-refusing-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-in-houston-12339593

What to make of Morgan Stanley. “Back at your desk by September or you’re fired”.
    Now combined with “entry to our building is prohibited unless you can prove two vaccines received”.

They’re gonna get sued aren’t they
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,853
    edited June 2021
    RobD said:

Twitter thinks so

The Russians have been known to spoof AIS and GPS signals in the Black Sea.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/editorials/mass-gps-spoofing-attack-in-black-sea
    moonshine said:

What to make of Morgan Stanley. “Back at your desk by September or you’re fired”.
    Now combined with “entry to our building is prohibited unless you can prove two vaccines received”.

Sued yes, unsuccessfully probably.
  • eekeek Posts: 24,797
    moonshine said:

It's almost like Morgan Stanley are happy to be a test case
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789
    Meanwhile the Commission has a balanced view on sausages:

https://twitter.com/Mij_Europe/status/1407619085207322628

...senior EU officials draw a parallel between the Protocol/situation across the GB/NI border & Russia's invasion of Eastern Ukraine

tlg86 said:

Which police officers do you think should have been done for manslaughter? I wouldn't convict Duckenfield (though I would convict the person responsible for ripping up the plans just before the game, but I suspect they're no longer alive).
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,618

maaarsh said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Yup. The Zerocovidians have realised that when we unlock it will be very, very hard for them to recover their comfort blankets of masks and lockdowns. So they will be looking every which way for reasons to block 19 July. I suspect they will win – again.
    Pulpstar said:

Funny old world.

Ferguson has actually had quite a balanced view on Covid throughout the pandemic I think
    Overall, yes. But he seems to swing from euphoria to despair on a fortnightly basis.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789
    @DefenceHQPress

No warning shots have been fired at HMS Defender.

The Royal Navy ship is conducting innocent passage through Ukrainian territorial waters in accordance with international law.

We believe the Russians were undertaking a gunnery exercise in the Black Sea and provided the maritime community with prior-warning of their activity.

No shots were directed at HMS Defender and we do not recognise the claim that bombs were dropped in her path.

https://twitter.com/DefenceHQPress/status/1407672058524413957
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Which police officers do you think should have been done for manslaughter? I wouldn't convict Duckenfield (though I would convict the person responsible for ripping up the plans just before the game, but I suspect they're no longer alive).
    Duckenfield, and all the officers who deliberately lied and edited their notebooks for starters, or encouraged such behaviour.

41 of the 96 could have been saved. That they died is on the police.
  • Simon_PeachSimon_Peach Posts: 403
    edited June 2021
    Carnyx said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Dura_Ace said:

That is amazing. Still remember fondly when some skinheads jumped up on the stage at the Rainbow and beat to fuck the support band (Suicide).

Happy days.

Edit: Remote Control tour I believe.
    You were Spartacus? It beats my FP Rainbow story that I was there when the GLC abruptly terminated The Stranglers because Hugh Cornwell's teeshirt had a Ford-like logo that said Fuck (or something).
    I remember JJ Burnel offering some bloke out from the stage at the Nashville for some reason or other (or perhaps none). The bloke left.
    The Stranglers. A curious group. Went from the grunging Black & White to the wierdly poppy The Gospel According to the Meninblack in just a few LPs.
    I booked the Stranglers to play at our Students Union in Hull… they got a better offer to tour Germany at the last minute so the agent sent Johnny Thunders Heartbreakers instead… May 7th 1977… they caused a riot…NME write-up can still be found online… was summonsed to Principal’s office on the Monday to explain paraphernalia and discarded condoms in the changing room used by the band… was the last gig allowed on site for many a year…
    http://punkrocker.org.uk/punkinterviews/heartbreakers.html

must be it? Quite a lively evening by the sound of it.
    That’s the one…. This extract describes it perfectly:

At the Hull Technical college the band have to push their way through a bar packed with long-haired Anglo-Rednecks to get to the stage in an adjacent hall where the seven hundred strong mob of screaming kids (yeah, screaming) are waiting in rock-starved anticipation.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,853

RobD said:

Twitter thinks so

The Russians have been known to spoof AIS and GPS signals in the Black Sea.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/editorials/mass-gps-spoofing-attack-in-black-sea
    "Interesting. Two NATO warships (HMS Defender and HNLMS Evertsen) did NOT approach Sevastopol but remained in Odessa. Fake AIS position signals… "

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/1406168384618778625

Meanwhile the Commission has a balanced view on sausages:

https://twitter.com/Mij_Europe/status/1407619085207322628

...senior EU officials draw a parallel between the Protocol/situation across the GB/NI border & Russia's invasion of Eastern Ukraine

Heh, maybe they'd like to start enforcing similar import checks on their Russian border then, rather than pretending Belfast is now a hub for smuggling in to their otherwise watertight single market.

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Duckenfield, and all the officers who deliberately lied and edited their notebooks for starters, or encouraged such behaviour.

41 of the 96 could have been saved. That they died is on the police.
    Okay, but that's not manslaughter, is it?

Pulpstar said:

Funny old world.

Overall, yes. But he seems to swing from euphoria to despair on a fortnightly basis.
    So unlike the level-headed denizens of this board...

Pulpstar said:

Funny old world.

Don't we all?
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818
    edited June 2021

maaarsh said:

maaarsh said:

kle4 said:

Stocky said:

Good morning

Yup. The Zerocovidians have realised that when we unlock it will be very, very hard for them to recover their comfort blankets of masks and lockdowns. So they will be looking every which way for reasons to block 19 July. I suspect they will win – again.
    I dunno.

You can take all the vaccines you like, but a band of tory voters not showing up in a safe seat is far more powerful in moving hearts and minds.
    My guess is that thestrand is not long for PB. Has a remarkably similar MO to the trollbot who popped up a few nights again, whose name escapes me.
    moonshine said:

Vaccine rollout will be completed by September.

I make from that, that their employees should get their vaccine doses, or start looking for another job. Seems fair enough to me. Free choice for all concerned.
    OT rant WTF do courts reuse case numbers? Besides using a format like YYYYnnnn which is limited to 10,000 unique numbers each year.
  • pingping Posts: 3,724
    edited June 2021
    Hospital admissions for COVID in UHB gone from 4 to 57 in 3 weeks;

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/huge-rise-covid-admissions-city-20880638.amp?
    What a shock that thestrand is gone from the community already.

I'd be curious what his IP address would reveal. Another Amazon employee? 😂

moonshine said:

I make from that, that their employees should get their vaccine doses, or start looking for another job. Seems fair enough to me. Free choice for all concerned.
    Free choice if they're offering redundancy. I presume that is not on the table.
  • TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    sarissa said:

Nigelb said:

Soylent Green is People!!
    @ Nigelb. A friend has me looking at investments in a particular company's vertical farming. Sealed 5000 m2 unit, fully automated, 30+ layers, producing unbelievable yields of leafy greens. Can be built on brown sites in inner cities/inner 'burbs to reduce transport costs, grow to order for local supermarkets and restaurants; high energy and water efficiency, no pesticides. Pretty cool.

Cyclefree said:

RA Statement:

Media Statement from the Royal Academy of Arts

There has been a great deal of debate around the RA’s recent communication about no longer stocking the work of Jess de Wahls in the Royal Academy shop. We have thought long and hard since then about this and the wider issues it raises.

One thing is clear to us now – we should have handled this better. We have apologised to Jess de Wahls for the way we have treated her and do so again publicly now. We had no right to judge her views on our social media. This betrayed our most important core value – the protection of free speech.

There was also a failure of communications internally which resulted in Jess de Wahls first hearing via social media that we would no longer stock her product in the RA shop. We will now reopen discussions with her regarding the restocking of her work.

Plurality of voices, tolerance and free thinking are at the core of what we stand for and seek to protect. These events raise some fundamental issues. Freedom of expression can open up debate, create empathy or respect for difference, it can also at times cause hurt and outrage. This has confirmed to us our commitment to freedom of expression and to addressing complex issues through engagement and debate.

We will continue to reflect on this and to look at our internal processes to ensure we learn from it. We want to make sure we navigate this better in future.

https://royal-academy-production-asset.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/b5758780-33b8-47a9-9dea-0b3312981235/Royal Academy statement 23.06.21.pdf

Cyclefree's response:

Replying to
    @royalacademy and @JessDeWahls
    Glad you finally got an apology. 2 points: (1) they need to restock your work not simply talk to you about it; (2) they should not blame some junior person in the press office. This was a failure of governance at the highest level. It should not have taken 5 days to resolve it.

https://twitter.com/Cyclefree2/status/1407623732257071104?s=20

Now to take on the BBC.

Their Moral Maze programme tonight is on trans women and women's sport. 4 people on the panel: all of them born male. No adult female and no female athlete was thought worthy of inclusion.

Not so much a Moral Maze as a Moral Cul-de-Sac.
    Pleasantly surprised to read this in the Guardian today:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2021/jun/22/by-conflating-gender-and-sex-we-undermine-sporting-competition
    Excellent article. Thanks for posting.
  • TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387

OT rant WTF do courts reuse case numbers? Besides using a format like YYYYnnnn which is limited to 10,000 unique numbers each year.

Which Courts? I've not come across duplicates before.
    maaarsh said:

moonshine said:

That's an interesting question, as to whether that should need to be offered?

Its not really redundancy is it - since the position is still available and its their choice not to meet the requirements they need to, in order to turn up for work.

If someone stops turning up to work, then that's not a case of redundancy.
    edited June 2021

maaarsh said:

moonshine said:

That's an interesting question, as to whether that should need to be offered?

Its not really redundancy is it - since the position is still available and its their choice not to meet the requirements they need to, in order to turn up for work.

If someone stops turning up to work, then that's not a case of redundancy.
    Comes down to if the new requirement is reasonable. You can't move people's office 2 hours away and pretend nothing has changed. Clearly a judgement call if this requirement is reasonable, but unless every company goes this way I don't see how you can't say it's a company choice and they should have to pay people off if this is what they want to do.

I'm not sure your example of stopping turning up to work is valid - in this case the employee could turn up every day and be refused entry by the employer. And companies definitely can't change T&Cs and requirements mid-employment and pretend that's on the employee to conform to it.
    edited June 2021
    ping said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/huge-rise-covid-admissions-city-20880638.amp?

ping said:

They did something similar in the North West. But are on their way down again now, having never got worryingly high. Fear not.
    Cookie said:

My guess is that thestrand is not long for PB. Has a remarkably similar MO to the trollbot who popped up a few nights again, whose name escapes me.

The previous one was called thespeaker.

Lesson for Vlad's sockpuppets looking to spread fear and division: first turn up, introduce yourself, spend a few years making pertinent and/or witty points and THEN start on the disinformation campaign.

If your first post is a transparent attempt to sow fear via some poorly sourced rumour or some data analysis which even Sky news would scoff at, you will not be believed.

Oh, and use capital letters properly.
    Very well said.

Could hardly be more obvious, than if the next one suddenly turns up called thesoviet.
This discussion has been closed.