Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

CNN calls it for Biden – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• For all the "Boris was too close to Trump" types, I wonder if the same people will forget just how keen Macron was to be seen as BFF with him? First meeting, first state visits etc, all Macron.

You're not seriously suggesting that Macron has/had any time for Trump? Macron thinks he's an absolute idiot. But Macron is a consummate politician - of course he wanted to get in with Trump first, to see what he could do to temper Trump's excesses - and in the interest of France, of course.
    Boris and Macron are the same. Both thing he is a total idiot. Both laughed at him behind is back, together on camera. Both also worked with him because they're head of Government and he was POTUS. Both will work with Biden.

Boris and Macron are both more like Biden than Trump.
    Johnson is nothing like Biden, you have utterly lost it.
    Of course he is. Biden has just won election with a platform not particularly different to Johnson's. On almost every global issue like Climate Change they are close. Biden isn't a leftwinger he's just won election with record numbers of Republicans campaigning for him.
    You are nuts.
    Name a policy difference between Biden and Boris where Boris is closer to Trump than Biden. I've named half a dozen where he's closer to Biden so what can you name?
    I'm saying the idea he's anything like Biden is nuts. No sensible person thinks they are alike.
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/Biden-is-the-American-Boris
  • eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,861

eristdoof said:

Trump political obituaries are starting:

I win, I win, I always win. In the end I always win,” Donald Trump once said. Now, though, for the first time in his life, in a public and historic way, he has lost.

As he has so relentlessly in the past, Trump is fighting against being tagged with a label that he has considered toxic to his brand. He has refused to concede. “The simple fact is this election is far from over,” he said in a statement just after the election was called. He promised to fight the results in court, alleging, without evidence, that a massive electoral fraud had robbed him of victory. But his talent for recasting reality to his advantage was incapable of overcoming a statistical truth not only accepted but dictated by the majority of the nation. He lost.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/11/07/donald-trump-is-a-loser-434103?fbclid=IwAR1Aj37KGNJEpcXnbC8vInOoi-66JS-2RgmUrpDLdj6KflSFFWYPJ5UFlW8

This reminds me of my reaction after Argentina won the World Cup in 1978. I refused to accept the result and considered that Holland had won. Trump's reaction would be wrong but nevertheless understandable if he were 10, but as I understand the US persidential election requires that their candidates have to be over 40.
    35, not 40. Indeed, Pete Buttigieg from previous thread is under 40.
    OK, thanks for the correction. but it is still quite a bit older than 10.
  • MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688

Congratulations to Biden but t.

Don't be curmudgeonly.

It's not the right time to be portentous about why Trump won in the first place. I could easily cite to you my friends on the left who loathed Hillary Clinton (with plenty of reason).

Be gracious.
  • I wonder if the far left mobs smashing up Portland every night will take an evening off with the election of Biden?
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

@DAlexander

If there was vote fraud, why:

(1) is the result almost exactly in line with the Electoral College you'd expect with a four point national lead?
    (2) were the swings to Biden biggest in Republican run states such as North Carolina and Georgia, rather than Democrat run ones like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin?

Come on, this is the key point you keep missing. If there's fraud, you's see different results in Democratic states (where they fiddled the vote) and Republican states (where they didn't).

If you look across the US, then (outside Florida) you see exactly the results you'd expect for a 4-4.25% national Biden lead.
    Mysterious how they neglected to fix the down ballot races.

• kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392

For all the "Boris was too close to Trump" types, I wonder if the same people will forget just how keen Macron was to be seen as BFF with him? First meeting, first state visits etc, all Macron.

You're not seriously suggesting that Macron has/had any time for Trump? Macron thinks he's an absolute idiot. But Macron is a consummate politician - of course he wanted to get in with Trump first, to see what he could do to temper Trump's excesses - and in the interest of France, of course.
    Boris and Macron are the same. Both thing he is a total idiot. Both laughed at him behind is back, together on camera. Both also worked with him because they're head of Government and he was POTUS. Both will work with Biden.

For factual data on who likes who....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hne29xkUPbg
    That just proves Johnson might be two-faced, not Johnson supports Biden.
    He doesn't have to support Biden any more than any of those leaders need to support Biden. They need to work with him. It's not as though the leaders captured there always get along with each other either. But it shows they are quite capable of getting along on occasion, and that they each had some amusement at Trump's expense.

And why not? I would not be surprised if world leaders often gossip in such a way, among friendly nations at least. Very few others in the world will know what it is like to be in their shoes, and beign frustrated by the american president is probably a common experience they share. Biden will share experiences with them all, to an extent.
  • Yokes said:

Won in 2016 because he wasn't Hillary Clinton
    Lost in 2020 because he was Donald Trump

Best take yet.
  • For all the "Boris was too close to Trump" types, I wonder if the same people will forget just how keen Macron was to be seen as BFF with him? First meeting, first state visits etc, all Macron.

Of course he is. Biden has just won election with a platform not particularly different to Johnson's. On almost every global issue like Climate Change they are close. Biden isn't a leftwinger he's just won election with record numbers of Republicans campaigning for him.
    You are nuts.
    Name a policy difference between Biden and Boris where Boris is closer to Trump than Biden. I've named half a dozen where he's closer to Biden so what can you name?
    I'm saying the idea he's anything like Biden is nuts. No sensible person thinks they are alike.
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/Biden-is-the-American-Boris
    ROFL, this is like asking Farage for an opinion.

https://capx.co/author/oliverwiseman/

Try again
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited November 2020

HYUFD said:

For all the "Boris was too close to Trump" types, I wonder if the same people will forget just how keen Macron was to be seen as BFF with him? First meeting, first state visits etc, all Macron.

Out of the G7 leaders I think it is fair to say that Merkel, Macron, Trudeau, Conte and even Suga will have a closer relationship with Biden than Boris will, Boris will find himself a bit isolated among the main G7 leaders now Trump has gone, though he has built working relationships with them all, especially Suga thanks to the UK Japan trade deal and am sure he will do the same with Biden
    Sensible and accurate post, I'm glad not all Tories - of course Philip voted for Farage so I suspect sensible is perhaps stretching it - are nuts.
    I didn't vote for Farage. I voted to get rid of Theresa May and for Farage to be made redundant.
    So when you voted Tory in 2019, did you not vote for Johnson?
    No, I did I voted for Boris to become Prime Minister.

I never voted for Farage to become anything except unemployed.

Congratulations to Biden but the reaction of so many of the wrong people to his victory makes me want to vomit.

Reminds me why Trump won in the first place.

Look, all the wrong people think Biden was rubbish, so he must be OK.

https://twitter.com/LordIanAustin/status/1324782155537534977
    I'm looking forward to the over the top paeans from Democrat supporters who were not such great fans of Biden (though obviously desperate for him to win)
  • Whats BJ said?

"Suck me, beautiful"

Oh sorry, you meant about Trump?
  • CorrectHorseBatteryCorrectHorseBattery Posts: 21,436
    edited November 2020

HYUFD said:

Out of the G7 leaders I think it is fair to say that Merkel, Macron, Trudeau, Conte and even Suga will have a closer relationship with Biden than Boris will, Boris will find himself a bit isolated among the main G7 leaders now Trump has gone, though he has built working relationships with them all, especially Suga thanks to the UK Japan trade deal and am sure he will do the same with Biden
    Sensible and accurate post, I'm glad not all Tories - of course Philip voted for Farage so I suspect sensible is perhaps stretching it - are nuts.
    I didn't vote for Farage. I voted to get rid of Theresa May and for Farage to be made redundant.

So hold on, when you voted for Brexit Party you weren't voting for Farage but when you voted Tory you were voting for Johnson?

You need to have a nap.
  • Congratulations to Biden but the reaction of so many of the wrong people to his victory makes me want to vomit.

Trump lost the popular vote two elections in a row :)
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,605
    Because someone asked - the UK COVID data is out, but Imugr is having issues at the moment. So when that's fixed I will post the usual....
  • This is what '97 felt like on our side of the political divide. Enjoy!
    Oh do fuck off.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited November 2020

HYUFD said:

I thought you voted for the Brexit party in the Euro2020 election?
    As a protest vote to get rid of May and to get rid of our MEPs, meaning that Farage would hold no elected position.

I never supported Farage and would never vote for him to get any significant elected position.

And even that was a difficult decision for me. As I disliked Farage, but I also disliked May. So what alternative did I have?
    Oh do fuck off.
    No why don't you sod off?

kle4 said:

I actually agree with you, up to a point. I suspect Boris does privately think Trump is a complete idiot. Trouble is, a large minority of Boris's supporters, including a minority of his MPs, are rather fond of Trump. You couldn't say the same for Macron's followers - it's Le Pen's lot that like Trump.
    There is a strand within the Tories that think that way it seems. HYUFD is no seer, but as an ultra loyal party member I'd think his perception of how Boris might pivot in the coming months, in a way which will undermine some of those people, makes sense. Before there might well have been some advantage to indulging that strand of MPs and membership, but there's no benefit to it now.
    Yes, I think Boris would like to steer away from his right flank. But he has an intractable problem. If he does, he risks losing a substantial minority to Farage's new party and other homes for the anti-woke. And his right flank will almost certainly kick off against his Brexit deal (there will be one, involving concessions to the EU), calling it a sell out and BINO. I suspect in the medium term he'll have more difficulty uniting his party than Starmer will with Labour.
    Seems possible. In this short term at least Farage's outfit may cause a not inconsequential hit - that's the point of it presumably, to spook Tory MPs, as its a tactic which has worked before - particularly as economic hits which are inevitably coming mean government popularity will probably sink a bit more, on top of mid term blues. Boris, and the Tories, will need to show some actual guts and strength during a period when they won't be doing well in the polls, if they are to come out the other side of it with a possibility of winning, under him or someone else. After all, it's a big majority and a decent performance would be enough to see them cling on.
  • Jonathan said:

This is what '97 felt like on our side of the political divide. Enjoy!
    Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

Labour stooge posts like this pump me up.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Whats BJ said?

How momentous it is that an octoroon has been elected VP. And that he wouldn't mind giving her one.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,121

So I have seen the videos of people going crazy by cheering clapping and tooting in New York, Philly and DC.

When do I see the videos of people going crazy by mobbing lynching and shooting in Bumfuck Idaho?

They haven't worked out how to fix the camera to the fore-end of the assault rifle? No, that can't be it - you can buy all sorts of ally kit for your AR over there.
  • Congratulations to Biden but the reaction of so many of the wrong people to his victory makes me want to vomit.

Trump is scum and so many of the people who voted for Trump are scum. Yes they have a democratic right to vote, but it doesn't change who they are.
  • Lol what a weak statement from Johnson, sod all there because there's no relationship to build on. He alienated the Democrats with his moronic anti-GFA pitch.

I will enjoy the Brexit capitulation with popcorn.
    HYUFD said:

@HYUFD's analysis is something to listen to, I expect he will be proven correct.

@HYUFD, what do you regard as the fate of the Tories in regards to Farage?

I am not too bothered about Farage after all his highest ever voteshare at a general election was in 2015 when the Tories still won a majority
    Yes, but they sold their souls to him to defeat him.

Trump is scum and so many of the people who voted for Trump are scum. Yes they have a democratic right to vote, but it doesn't change who they are.
    I don't share your choice of words but Royale will just tell you to fuck off so to save that, I will say, don't :)
  • kle4 said:

He doesn't have to support Biden any more than any of those leaders need to support Biden. They need to work with him. It's not as though the leaders captured there always get along with each other either. But it shows they are quite capable of getting along on occasion, and that they each had some amusement at Trump's expense.

And why not? I would not be surprised if world leaders often gossip in such a way, among friendly nations at least. Very few others in the world will know what it is like to be in their shoes, and beign frustrated by the american president is probably a common experience they share. Biden will share experiences with them all, to an extent.
    As always you bring maturity to a fair amount of hysteria and partisanship being espoused on here tonight
  • rcs1000 said:

To be fair, Owen Jones knows a lot about only being barely sentient.
    He wanted Sanders no doubt and now would be on News 24 or twitter saying isn't it amazing that 40 million Americans voted for Socialism.
  • Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

Touchy tonight, throwing toys out of the pram just like Trump.
  • isam said:

kle4 said:

Again, ridiculous, since leaders of various nations can enjoy a good relationship even if they would not agree with each others domestic politics, Democrats with Tory PMs, even Republicans with a Labour PM. Can Boris enjoy a good relationship with Biden? I suspect not, but their personal politics doesn't preclude it. It also presumes that because one side really likes the other leader, that will guarantee a good relationship, when the side in question might have little to do with the other despite that fangirling.

Again, I don't have an issue thinking it might happen, I just find it slightly pathetic that people are so certain how the personal relationships will go, because they so clearly want their view of the domestic political alignment to be confirmed in a personal way.
    Everything's got to be us vs them. I thought I read that Biden had made it as far as he has by making deals with people he isn't ideologically on the same side as? Maybe that was the old Joe, the left seem to hope so

NO MORE DIVISION!
    It's quite clear that from the reaction of the usual suspects on here and on Twitter that they want and hope this signifies a new Red Dawn.

They are idiots that simply pump me up and drive me to do whatever I can to defeat them with their mindless dumb partisanship.
    RH1992 said:
    Odd phrasing on the Harris section, almost makes it sound like an entirely unrelated achievement.
  • HYUFD said:

So hold on, when you voted for Brexit Party you weren't voting for Farage but when you voted Tory you were voting for Johnson?

You need to have a nap.
    Yes because it's simple. The Westminster Election was a meaningful election to determine who would become Prime Minister.

The 2019 European Parliament election was a bullshit, meaningless, irrelevant wasteful election for a body we should have quit that would bear no meaning for our future whatsoever.

So yes one was serious and the other was not. I treated my ballot in the European Parliament election with the contempt it deserved and used it as a protest vote to oust a Tory Prime Minister I opposed. What is wrong with that?
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,583
    kle4 said:

I wasn't making the point that Biden would be hostile to Johnson and vice versa. Johnson's behind the back humiliation of Trump, did not suggest Johnson had an affinity with Biden which is what the video was posted to demonstrate.

Congratulations to Biden but the reaction of so many of the wrong people to his victory makes me want to vomit.

I hope he goes for a record and loses it three elections in a row, or four. So long as he also loses the EC.
  • Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Again, ridiculous, since leaders of various nations can enjoy a good relationship even if they would not agree with each others domestic politics, Democrats with Tory PMs, even Republicans with a Labour PM. Can Boris enjoy a good relationship with Biden? I suspect not, but their personal politics doesn't preclude it. It also presumes that because one side really likes the other leader, that will guarantee a good relationship, when the side in question might have little to do with the other despite that fangirling.

Again, I don't have an issue thinking it might happen, I just find it slightly pathetic that people are so certain how the personal relationships will go, because they so clearly want their view of the domestic political alignment to be confirmed in a personal way.
    Commentators said that Boris is well on side with Biden on climate change and of course the UK is hosting next years summit, also on international defence security and NATO, together with G7 G20 and a shared interest in TPPA

That is a lot of shared interests
    "Britain Trump" was not on the side of Biden!
    Is that a label Boris himself adopted? If not, then who the hell cares if someone else called him Britain Trump?(Trump has said it, but I don't trust his judgement, do you?)
    Precisely.
    Boris developed the exact same movement in the UK as Trump did in the US. To deny it all of a sudden is rather laughable. Take back control = make America Great again.
    Bollocks. Transparent spin from a Labour hack.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

Like the pumped up MAGA nuts currently in tears.
  • isam said:

kle4 said:

Everything's got to be us vs them. I thought I read that Biden had made it as far as he has by making deals with people he isn't ideologically on the same side as? Maybe that was the old Joe, the left seem to hope so

NO MORE DIVISION!
    It's quite clear that from the reaction of the usual suspects on here and on Twitter that they want and hope this signifies a new Red Dawn.

They are idiots that simply pump me up and drive me to do whatever I can to defeat them with their mindless dumb partisanship.
    Is that you, Donald? :lol:
  • TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    rcs1000 said:

To be fair, Owen Jones knows a lot about only being barely sentient.
    It always amazes me that anyone gives a shit about what he thinks.
    Carnyx said:

So I have seen the videos of people going crazy by cheering clapping and tooting in New York, Philly and DC.

When do I see the videos of people going crazy by mobbing lynching and shooting in Bumfuck Idaho?

They haven't worked out how to fix the camera to the fore-end of the assault rifle? No, that can't be it - you can buy all sorts of ally kit for your AR over there.
    I thought the only point in favour of these two...

...was the lack of Picatinny rails on the rifle with the whole of Walmart attached to them.

So a sentence of say 19 years years in prison, rather than the full 20 they deserve

kle4 said:

I wasn't making the point that Biden would be hostile to Johnson and vice versa. Johnson's behind the back humiliation of Trump, did not suggest Johnson had an affinity with Biden which is what the video was posted to demonstrate.
    Yet others are sugesting there will be hostility, hostility severe enough to significantly impact relations. I think the point needs to be made that Biden is likely too professional for that.
  • isam said:

kle4 said:

NO MORE DIVISION!

Are you feeling bitter about something today?
  • Lol what a weak statement from Johnson, sod all there because there's no relationship to build on. He alienated the Democrats with his moronic anti-GFA pitch.

Write a better one.

I'm sick and tired of popcorn!
  • Casino_Royale is acting like a petulant child. I'm logging off for a while until his latest tirade of abuse is over, he makes it no fun to contribute here.
    Oh do fuck off.

Don't be curmudgeonly.

It's not the right time to be portentous about why Trump won in the first place. I could easily cite to you my friends on the left who loathed Hillary Clinton (with plenty of reason).

Be gracious.
    No, those pleased he won need to be magnanimous. Those who lost need to be gracious.

I wanted Trump to lose but this gloating new Red Dawn/anti Tory/left-modernist shit is winding me up.

Partisanship drives partisanship. Lots of people should know better.

isam said:

kle4 said:

NO MORE DIVISION!

Won’t you shut up man. 😀
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    Unsurprisingly the liberals are already forgetting that 70m people just voted for Trump. Hopefully Biden and his staff aren't so stupid.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    A mealy mouthed message from Johnson but what would you expect. He doesn't want to sound like a hypocrite. Much more effusive and elegant from Paris and Canada

Write a better one.
    Very professional and to be honest only those carried away in their own world would say anything different
    edited November 2020

Lol what a weak statement from Johnson, sod all there because there's no relationship to build on. .

Out of interest, what should he have put in his statement? He congratulated Biden and Harris, emphasised the US as the UK's most important ally, then listed three specific areas he looks forward to them working closely together on. What level of additional praise should he have included? Bearing in mind that he still has to work with Trump for another 2 months?

It's a boilerplate diplomatic statement, neither weak nor strong.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    Significant, Jeb Bush now congratulated Biden so GOP establishment abandoning Trump now

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/1325133897781243908?s=20
    Roy_G_Biv said:

isam said:

kle4 said:

NO MORE DIVISION!

Are you feeling bitter about something today?
    Time for aa pink gin, perhaps.

Yes, I know and you keep posting this like a mindless moron like the rest of us don't.

The popular vote is irrelevant. America is a a constitutional Republic and you need to win where it counts: the President is elected by a weighted majority of the representatives of the *states* of America.

It was designed like that for a reason.

Carnyx said:

...was the lack of Picatinny rails on the rifle with the whole of Walmart attached to them.

So a sentence of say 19 years years in prison, rather than the full 20 they deserve
    Ah thanks - I couldn't remember what the rails were called!!

I don't share your choice of words but Royale will just tell you to fuck off so to save that, I will say, don't :)
    I just look at that Van Jones clip. Trump and Trumpism are an inch away from fascism. As with the open lies told by Trump where you have to call them out its the same for the people who support him and them.

People know what he is. And vote for him. Yes its their democratic right to vote for whomever they want. But that doesn't excuse their actions.
    Oh do fuck off.
    No why don't you sod off?
    I wasn't talking to you sunshine.
  • kamskikamski Posts: 4,199

Who cares? You make me want to vomit, but nobody gives a shit about that either
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,688
    '97 wasn't so bad for Tories - Blair was ok, and a complete thumping is unambiguously clear.

The Blair government only became truly unpalatable when it became the Brown government, and I'm sure that the rather dark shade that Blair has become have Brown's fingerprints all over it.

This Democratic victory is different - it's clear, but no massively so. Some GOP will like the chance to ditch Trump in the next four years, although there's a real vacuum in terms of future candidates. In my view Biden won't be that great. Harris though has the chance to learn the ropes and become a shoe-in for 2024. I really hope she does.

• I hope Labour never ever wins an election in my lifetime again.

Their tears are my joy.
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Yet others are sugesting there will be hostility, hostility severe enough to significantly impact relations. I think the point needs to be made that Biden is likely too professional for that.
    I was merely pointing out evidence that Boris Johnson isn't exactly a member of Club MAGA, much like other international leaders in the Western World.

As to affinities or otherwise with Biden.. we will only know, either when the books come out in 20 years, or if there is a similar indiscretion caught on camera.
    Oh do fuck off.

Don't be curmudgeonly.

Be gracious.
    No, those pleased he won need to be magnanimous. Those who lost need to be gracious.

I wanted Trump to lose but this gloating new Red Dawn/anti Tory/left-modernist shit is winding me up.

🤣
    Amazing stuff from you tonight, I'm truly in awe.
  • isamisam Posts: 40,722

isam said:

kle4 said:

NO MORE DIVISION!

You make it a bit too easy for them, I'd say. You don't have to condemn people who are condemned by their actions anyway- compare the reaction between now and when Leave/Boris won, and smile to yourself
    edited November 2020

As you will have seen I have taken issue with several of the comments on here trying to draw too much of a parallel with our own political situation and dragging Boris into it, but as with the GE in 2019, I think people can be forgiven for not being particularly gracious and conciliatory on the night victory is declared. People deserve a bit of fun when their side wins - I'm very happy at events myself - and the magnaminity, one would hope, will come later. I'm sure Biden, at least, will try it, though some on his side won't want him to be. Edit: And there's no need to start the profane abuse, or respond in turn if on the receiving end, if one is wanting non-partisanship.
  • Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

I'll fight your lot all the way mate.

You and Southam have been really pissing me off with your partisan crap recently.
  • dixiedean said:

It's not a left over right victory.
    It's a truth over delusional lies, civility and decency over unpleasantness one.

Literally hundreds of lifelong establishment Republicans endorsed Biden including for instance the former Chair of the RNC.

This isn't left over right. This is right over wrong.

Their tears are my joy.

This is full tilt, the craziest I've seen you act in, oooh, over a week.

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

You and Southam have been really pissing me off with your partisan crap recently.
    You do know that you’re quite partisan yourself. We simply disagree with you. It’s ok. And you know what when we defeat your gang, it will be ok too.

But today is a good day. Time to celebrate and be inspired.
    dixiedean said:

It's a truth over delusional lies, civility and decency over unpleasantness one.

Quite. Did you see the Barbara Bush interview? It was quite impressive to see complete, but utterly polite loathing.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766
    dixiedean said:

It's a victory for the constitution of the United States and the rule of law. It's a victory for America's allies.
  • OnboardG1OnboardG1 Posts: 1,269
    edited November 2020
    I suspect Biden will be able to work with Johnson or Sunak or whoever just fine. If anything it’ll be smoother than Trump because the Diplomatic Corps won’t be out trying to do Kremlinology by tweet. They’ll publicly agree on Iran and the climate, while privately arguing about trade and the EU, which is what every country does as they establish their relationships. For now, I’m just happy that the endless noise is coming to an end.
  • HYUFD said:

You need to have a nap.
    Yes because it's simple. The Westminster Election was a meaningful election to determine who would become Prime Minister.

The 2019 European Parliament election was a bullshit, meaningless, irrelevant wasteful election for a body we should have quit that would bear no meaning for our future whatsoever.

So yes one was serious and the other was not. I treated my ballot in the European Parliament election with the contempt it deserved and used it as a protest vote to oust a Tory Prime Minister I opposed. What is wrong with that?
    You are the British equivalent of a red neck Trump supporter . You are just in denial about being a shy Trumpian along with most of the swivel eyed Little Englanders , who share so much in common with Trump
  • nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Roy_G_Biv said:

I hope Labour never ever wins an election in my lifetime again.

Their tears are my joy.

This is full tilt, the craziest I've seen you act in, oooh, over a week.
    Obviously emotionally invested in trump and suffering from ptsd
  • nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

Says a shire Tory who has never known any other viewpoint
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    Baroness Hoey congratulates the new President.

https://twitter.com/CatharineHoey/status/1325134561152413697

HYUFD said:

You need to have a nap.

You are the British equivalent of a red neck Trump supporter . You are just in denial about being a shy Trumpian along with most of the swivel eyed Little Englanders , who share so much in common with Trump
    Philip's been ramping Biden for months!
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,688
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

2nd shot from that rifle may well endanger the photographer given the way it's held.
  • kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

You need to have a nap.

Philip's been ramping Biden for months!
    Thank you.

dixiedean said:

Quite. Did you see the Barbara Bush interview? It was quite impressive to see complete, but utterly polite loathing.
    OH,. what or who did she loathe?
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

You do know that you’re quite partisan yourself. We simply disagree with you. It’s ok. And you know what when we defeat your gang, it will be ok too.

But today is a good day. Time to celebrate and be inspired.
    I've just opened a nicely chilled Italian pinot grigio (while I cam still get it at a decent price).

Some teasing is perhaps permissible, and I have indulged a little bit. But we should go easy on it very soon and try and stick to the substantive content and argument. We don't want to drive our colleagues to Conservative Home or Order Order - they do a good job in showing how the other half thinks and argues.
  • isamisam Posts: 40,722

Sir Keir should get one done with them just to wind up Jezza!
  • Baroness Hoey congratulates the new President.

Well wait until Baroness Hoey sees this.

Have a pleasant evening all. Remember, it takes two to partisan tango.

Congratulations to Joe Biden, here's hoping he will be more effective, in the right way, than many think, and less divisive as some fear.
    edited November 2020
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Mind you, the twat above had spent a zillion dollars buying the AR-15 that looks like a military M-16 - so actually, put the 1 year off for taste back on. Given him the full 20 for being a LARPer.

For your delectation....

• Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Commentators said that Boris is well on side with Biden on climate change and of course the UK is hosting next years summit, also on international defence security and NATO, together with G7 G20 and a shared interest in TPPA

That is a lot of shared interests
    "Britain Trump" was not on the side of Biden!
    Is that a label Boris himself adopted? If not, then who the hell cares if someone else called him Britain Trump?(Trump has said it, but I don't trust his judgement, do you?)
    Precisely.
    Boris developed the exact same movement in the UK as Trump did in the US. To deny it all of a sudden is rather laughable. Take back control = make America Great again.
    Boris developed nothing. Murdoch, Cummings, Farage and Banks built the movement. Boris just hitched a ride.
  • geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,092
    WTF
    BBC: “Our correspondent Laura Trevelyan is reporting from BlackLivesMatter Plaza in Washington”

Their tears are my joy.

kamski said:

Who cares? You make me want to vomit, but nobody gives a shit about that either
    This isn't remotely like Labour vs Tories. Shagger may be utterly inept and out of his depth. But he isn't trying to remove the entire democratic process. He isn't inciting armed insurrection. He isn't attacking minority groups for fun.

I know that whichever party wins in the UK, the nature of our democracy will prevail. The ability of every group to keep their basic rights will continue. That wouldn't have been the case in America if Trump had been reelected.

The US election was very simple. Right vs wrong. If you can't see that...

Well wait until Baroness Hoey sees this.

You cannot see the knife in her other hand. He was lucky to get out of there alive.
This discussion has been closed.