Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

CNN calls it for Biden – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    rcs1000 said:

dixiedean said:

It's not a left over right victory.
    It's a truth over delusional lies, civility and decency over unpleasantness one.

It's a victory for the constitution of the United States and the rule of law. It's a victory for America's allies.
    "Just rejoice at that news . . . Rejoice."

I suspect the woman who said that, would be saying that today.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,775
    nichomar said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

This is what '97 felt like on our side of the political divide. Enjoy!
    Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

Labour stooge posts like this pump me up.
    Like the pumped up MAGA nuts currently in tears.
    I'll fight your lot all the way mate.

You and Southam have been really pissing me off with your partisan crap recently.
    Says a shire Tory who has never known any other viewpoint
    Getting your political view right the first time isn't a crime!

What were your previous viewpoints nicomar?

(I know that's not quite what you meant, but if you want to own up to prior monster-raving-loonyism then now is the time :) )
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

I wonder if the far left mobs smashing up Portland every night will take an evening off with the election of Biden?

Do you think the Portland police will start arresting Nazis now rather than helping them?
  • Options
    geoffw said:

WTF
    BBC: “Our correspondent Laura Trevelyan is reporting from BlackLivesMatter Plaza in Washington”

You need to contain your outrage and educate yourself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52941254
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,688
    Omnium said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

So I have seen the videos of people going crazy by cheering clapping and tooting in New York, Philly and DC.

When do I see the videos of people going crazy by mobbing lynching and shooting in Bumfuck Idaho?

They haven't worked out how to fix the camera to the fore-end of the assault rifle? No, that can't be it - you can buy all sorts of ally kit for your AR over there.
    I thought the only point in favour of these two...

...was the lack of Picatinny rails on the rifle with the whole of Walmart attached to them.

So a sentence of say 19 years years in prison, rather than the full 20 they deserve
    Ah thanks - I couldn't remember what the rails were called!!
    2nd shot from that rifle may well endanger the photographer given the way it's held.
    That might have been the intent. We don't know what the photographer, erm, looked like to them, do we?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Baroness Hoey congratulates the new President.

https://twitter.com/CatharineHoey/status/1325134561152413697

Well wait until Baroness Hoey sees this.

You cannot see the knife in her other hand. He was lucky to get out of there alive.
    We often forget Her Majesty has served in the military.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    edited November 2020
    Carnyx said:

dixiedean said:

It's a truth over delusional lies, civility and decency over unpleasantness one.

Quite. Did you see the Barbara Bush interview? It was quite impressive to see complete, but utterly polite loathing.
    OH,. what or who did she loathe?
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

You and Southam have been really pissing me off with your partisan crap recently.
    You do know that you’re quite partisan yourself. We simply disagree with you. It’s ok. And you know what when we defeat your gang, it will be ok too.

But today is a good day. Time to celebrate and be inspired.
    I've just opened a nicely chilled Italian pinot grigio (while I cam still get it at a decent price).

Some teasing is perhaps permissible, and I have indulged a little bit. But we should go easy on it very soon and try and stick to the substantive content and argument. We don't want to drive our colleagues to Conservative Home or Order Order - they do a good job in showing how the other half thinks and argues.
    It is striking and frankly surprising how some Tories are upset about Trump’s defeat. The man is dangerous. Anyone who thinks nuking hurricanes is a good idea or injecting bleach is a good way to kill a virus is demonstrably not presidential. And yet they mourn. Bizarre.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited November 2020

Jonathan said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Again, ridiculous, since leaders of various nations can enjoy a good relationship even if they would not agree with each others domestic politics, Democrats with Tory PMs, even Republicans with a Labour PM. Can Boris enjoy a good relationship with Biden? I suspect not, but their personal politics doesn't preclude it. It also presumes that because one side really likes the other leader, that will guarantee a good relationship, when the side in question might have little to do with the other despite that fangirling.

Again, I don't have an issue thinking it might happen, I just find it slightly pathetic that people are so certain how the personal relationships will go, because they so clearly want their view of the domestic political alignment to be confirmed in a personal way.
    Commentators said that Boris is well on side with Biden on climate change and of course the UK is hosting next years summit, also on international defence security and NATO, together with G7 G20 and a shared interest in TPPA

That is a lot of shared interests
    "Britain Trump" was not on the side of Biden!
    Is that a label Boris himself adopted? If not, then who the hell cares if someone else called him Britain Trump?(Trump has said it, but I don't trust his judgement, do you?)
    Precisely.
    Boris developed the exact same movement in the UK as Trump did in the US. To deny it all of a sudden is rather laughable. Take back control = make America Great again.
    Boris developed nothing. Murdoch, Cummings, Farage and Banks built the movement. Boris just hitched a ride.
    But it also wouldn't have worked without him, and developed the same kind of maverick-popular, cult form without him. Farage was and is much narrower in appeal.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2020
    Alistair said:

I wonder if the far left mobs smashing up Portland every night will take an evening off with the election of Biden?

Do you think the Portland police will start arresting Nazis now rather than helping them?
    Will the authorities actually start charging rioters or just continually releasing them to reoffend?

All thr others excuses, its the proud boys, it waa trump sending storm troopers in, it doesn't wash, as they keep rioting, it never stops.
  • Options

kle4 said:

You cannot see the knife in her other hand. He was lucky to get out of there alive.
    It's actually all the more impressive a photo when one remembers what happened to Lord Mountbatten. And Ms Hoey has to do that?!
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,191
    dixiedean said:

And that is why the result is acceptable, under the circumstances.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,561
    edited November 2020
    RH1992 said:
    The all black looks a bit like a death notice.
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578

Can someone check if Contrarian and Brokenwheel are ok? They were posting quite prolifically until Wednesday then nada. I feel that only the most dire circumstance would make them miss this PB moment.

I'll conduct some welfare checks on them, it's what the site editorial team should do.
    I can't believe nobody is checking on me as well :)

Re the call of the networks for Biden, some feedback from what hearing the other side of the pond.

1. @CarlottaVance is right. The networks' call doesn't have legal force. The feeling is this is definitely a PR move to force acceptance and push a narrative before recounts are over.

2. The thoughts over there is some surprise Biden has pushed it this evening as two states are under official recount (Georgia and Wisconsin) and a third (Arizona) hasn't called but it may go to a recount. Also that PA was called given it is under a Supreme Court order. It was pointed out, if you take out the the states under official recount, Biden only has 269 votes even with PA;

3. Trump actually delivered something that was tangible on the vote front but it wasn't fraud. One of the counties in Michigan reported that a software glitch transferred 6000 votes from Trump to Biden and has reversed it out. The same piece of software is in nearly 50 counties in Michigan and in Georgia. That - possibly - could be important because it would mean individual counties (who have responsibility for vote counts) running checks and bypassing the need to go to the courts. On the other hand, it may not matter at all and it might just be one county with an issue. Nobody knows but it is an area of focus.

4. This is a personal thought - re Johnson, I don't think he will call this yet for Biden (though I might be wrong). I think he will wait to see what happens with Trump's reaction and what others do. Remember Trump still has two months in office.

More importantly, when will the Bookies pay out on the result?
  • Options

I hope Labour never ever wins an election in my lifetime again.

Their tears are my joy.

That's not very nice.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited November 2020
    MaxPB said:

Unsurprisingly the liberals are already forgetting that 70m people just voted for Trump. Hopefully Biden and his staff aren't so stupid.

Max. In a binary contest you win or lose. You should know this from Brexit. 17 million people were beyond pissed off but no one thought to try to share the spoils (and in that instance it was possible). Here it isn't. Trump is out and that's the way it is
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,979
    A gracious and thoughtful note from Boris.

Fair play to him.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Omnium said:

nichomar said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

(I know that's not quite what you meant, but if you want to own up to prior monster-raving-loonyism then now is the time :) )
    Tory till thatcher took over then lib LibDems for life.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

nichomar said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

If you change your mind on here you get people like that user throwing it back in your face at every opportunity.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Can someone check if Contrarian and Brokenwheel are ok? They were posting quite prolifically until Wednesday then nada. I feel that only the most dire circumstance would make them miss this PB moment.

I'll conduct some welfare checks on them, it's what the site editorial team should do.

Re the call of the networks for Biden, some feedback from what hearing the other side of the pond.

1. @CarlottaVance is right. The networks' call doesn't have legal force. The feeling is this is definitely a PR move to force acceptance and push a narrative before recounts are over.

2. The thoughts over there is some surprise Biden has pushed it this evening as two states are under official recount (Georgia and Wisconsin) and a third (Arizona) hasn't called but it may go to a recount. Also that PA was called given it is under a Supreme Court order. It was pointed out, if you take out the the states under official recount, Biden only has 269 votes even with PA;

3. Trump actually delivered something that was tangible on the vote front but it wasn't fraud. One of the counties in Michigan reported that a software glitch transferred 6000 votes from Trump to Biden and has reversed it out. The same piece of software is in nearly 50 counties in Michigan and in Georgia. That - possibly - could be important because it would mean individual counties (who have responsibility for vote counts) running checks and bypassing the need to go to the courts. On the other hand, it may not matter at all and it might just be one county with an issue. Nobody knows but it is an area of focus.

4. This is a personal thought - re Johnson, I don't think he will call this yet for Biden (though I might be wrong). I think he will wait to see what happens with Trump's reaction and what others do. Remember Trump still has two months in office.

No need to conduct a welfare check on you, you're here and posting, you didn't do an IOS after the 2015 general election, which does speak well of your character.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Hope you're well mate.
  • Options

Congratulations to Biden but the reaction of so many of the wrong people to his victory makes me want to vomit.

Reminds me why Trump won in the first place.

Trump lost the popular vote two elections in a row :)
    Yes, I know and you keep posting this like a mindless moron like the rest of us don't.

The popular vote is irrelevant. America is a a constitutional Republic and you need to win where it counts: the President is elected by a weighted majority of the representatives of the *states* of America.

It was designed like that for a reason.
    However, if the Republicans have any sense (not holding my breath) they should ask why, having lost the popular vote in just two elections by more than 2% between the Berlin Blockade and the end of the Cold War, they have won the popular vote only once since then?

That is a situation that isn’t sustainable for ever if they want to keep challenging for power.
  • Options
    DeClareDeClare Posts: 483
    DavidL said:
    That's actually the congress building, a lot of people over here confuse it with the White House. Just as many foreigners think that Tower Bridge is London Bridge.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Carnyx said:

dixiedean said:

Quite. Did you see the Barbara Bush interview? It was quite impressive to see complete, but utterly polite loathing.
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

You do know that you’re quite partisan yourself. We simply disagree with you. It’s ok. And you know what when we defeat your gang, it will be ok too.

I've just opened a nicely chilled Italian pinot grigio (while I cam still get it at a decent price).

Some teasing is perhaps permissible, and I have indulged a little bit. But we should go easy on it very soon and try and stick to the substantive content and argument. We don't want to drive our colleagues to Conservative Home or Order Order - they do a good job in showing how the other half thinks and argues.
    It is striking and frankly surprising how some Tories are upset about Trump’s defeat. The man is dangerous. Anyone who thinks nuking hurricanes is a good idea or injecting bleach is a good way to kill a virus is demonstrably not presidential. And yet they mourn. Bizarre.
    Are there any of the usual Tories on here who are upset by this? We have had one or two recent arrivals who are keen on him, but none of the long standing ones.

As has been said above: this was not about right v left but right v wrong.
  • Options

MrEd said:

No need to conduct a welfare check on you, you're here and posting, you didn't do an IOS after the 2015 general election, which does speak well of your character.
    Yes those whom don't run away after predicting something wrong deserve our respect, not attacks as some here have been doing disgracefully to the user in question.
  • Options

MrEd said:

Hope you're well mate.
    I am absolutely fine @CorrectHorseBattery, I am having a glass of wine and thinking of my winnings :)
  • Options

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

So I have seen the videos of people going crazy by cheering clapping and tooting in New York, Philly and DC.

When do I see the videos of people going crazy by mobbing lynching and shooting in Bumfuck Idaho?

They haven't worked out how to fix the camera to the fore-end of the assault rifle? No, that can't be it - you can buy all sorts of ally kit for your AR over there.

...was the lack of Picatinny rails on the rifle with the whole of Walmart attached to them.

So a sentence of say 19 years years in prison, rather than the full 20 they deserve
    Mind you, the twat above had spent a zillion dollars buying the AR-15 that looks like a military M-16 - so actually, put the 1 year off for taste back on. Given him the full 20 for being a LARPer.

For your delectation....

Re that pair in, was it Portland?, what strikes me on a second look is, what's that in his pockets?
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Jonathan said:

Carnyx said:

dixiedean said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

Are there any of the usual Tories on here who are upset by this? We have had one or two recent arrivals who are keen on him, but none of the long standing ones.

It was about both. And that’s ok.
  • Options
    Roger said:

MaxPB said:

Unsurprisingly the liberals are already forgetting that 70m people just voted for Trump. Hopefully Biden and his staff aren't so stupid.

Max. In a binary contest you win or lose. You should know this from Brexit. 17 million people were beyond pissed off but no one thought to try to share the spoils (and in that instance it was possible). Here it isn't. Trump is out and that's the way it is
    Max is posting "partisan rubbish" but yet Casino didn't shout abuse his way, I wonder why
  • Options

MrEd said:

Thanks @TSE. I don't believe in running away. I like to think it is one of my (few) good traits.
  • Options

kle4 said:

And her husband served in one of the Royal Navy's most complete naval victories.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Congratulations to Biden but the reaction of so many of the wrong people to his victory makes me want to vomit.

Trump lost the popular vote two elections in a row :)
    Yes, I know and you keep posting this like a mindless moron like the rest of us don't.

The popular vote is irrelevant. America is a a constitutional Republic and you need to win where it counts: the President is elected by a weighted majority of the representatives of the *states* of America.

It was designed like that for a reason.
    However, if the Republicans have any sense (not holding my breath) they should ask why, having lost the popular vote in just two elections by more than 2% between the Berlin Blockade and the end of the Cold War, they have won the popular vote only once since then?

That is a situation that isn’t sustainable for ever if they want to keep challenging for power.
    The reality is a lot of the Trumper and the Sanders lot have a lot in common. They feel the system has failed them, that they have poor future opportunities, that globalization has harmed them. It is why Corbyn was popular and Brexit.
  • Options

MrEd said:

Yes those whom don't run away after predicting something wrong deserve our respect, not attacks as some here have been doing disgracefully to the user in question.
    Cheers big man, much appreciated
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Thanks @TSE. I don't believe in running away. I like to think it is one of my (few) good traits.
    The highest mark of your character is that you have not fired back despite the abuse and bullying (IMHO) you have received. You're 10x the people they are.

Whilst I don't agree with much/any of what you post, I value your contribution and the way you go about it. Rock on
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    ydoethur said:

dixiedean said:

Although the need remains to address the reasons people can vote for trump, farage etc, I have no idea if the gap can be bridged between the different camps, it’s not going to be achieved by reasoned argument but maybe economic leveling up can remove the racist and isolationist tendencies.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,373
    Recipe for crab cakes

200g of crab meat
    200g raw prawns
    25g coriander
    one small onion

1) Use a blender to atomise the onion.
    2) Fine chop the coriander - hell, use the blender
    3) Blend the crab and pawns together - not too fine, though
    4) Mix the onion, coriander, crab and prawns together by hand. Make small cakes out of the mix.
    5) Frying pan with a bit of oil - get it good and hot.
    6) Fry for 2 minute, each side

Serve with rice
  • Options
    I'm in the first of many - I assume - Lockdown 2.0 virtual quizzes this evening, I would not bet on me to win ;)
  • Options

kle4 said:

And her husband served in one of the Royal Navy's most complete naval victories.
    Matapan, I presume you mean?
  • Options
    Finally they’ve called it. Very pleased for Biden and Harris. I hope that he is the tonic they need at the moment after 4 years of the mendacious Trump.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Omnium said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

2nd shot from that rifle may well endanger the photographer given the way it's held.
    That might have been the intent. We don't know what the photographer, erm, looked like to them, do we?
    The subsequent investigation found that these people were monumentally malevolent and incompetent assholes in nearly every action in their lives.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

2. The PA case concerns votes that haven't even been counted yet: Biden will win even if they are kicked out, and that has all the EC votes he needs.

4. He has.
  • Options

A gracious and thoughtful note from Boris.

Fair play to him.

Brilliant, I got that one wrong as well :)
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    So that's the USA Communist now. I hear everyone will need to get gay married and have their student loans expunged.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,979
    A wonderful day across America, and across the world. 2020 really had a twist in the tale didn’t it?
  • Options

Carnyx said:

Omnium said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

The subsequent investigation found that these people were monumentally malevolent and incompetent assholes in nearly every action in their lives.
    That's a shame - but that behaviour ...
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

kle4 said:

It's actually all the more impressive a photo when one remembers what happened to Lord Mountbatten. And Ms Hoey has to do that?!
    At the time there were some jokes about Her Maj, her experience with motor vehicles and the gentleman in question being well advised to check his brakes, when he left.....
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Casino is a great poster and a decent bloke. Sometimes he gets rubbed up the wrong way and I fundamentally disagree with him. Like the great man said an opponent not an enemy.

I am sorry that this might trigger him, but I am going to fully enjoy today. Thank goodness Trump is going. It’s inspiring. Hopefully we will get rid of our own crazy haired, truth bending populist incompetent premier.

I value his contribution but when I've behaved like him in the past I've always apologised for my behaviour and the suspects who always demanded apologies from me are oddly MIA at this moment, why might that be?

I'm going off again, have a lovely evening all.
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,213

I hope Labour never ever wins an election in my lifetime again.

Their tears are my joy.

That's not very nice.
    The right wing over the past few years have lost most of the conventional decencies. This is why they deserve the kind of defeat that changes their ways. Today is the start of a clear out in the US... The UK will deal with their Bannonites soon enough. Also much looking forward to Rees Moggs further comments concerning the Russian connections of his business interests.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,526
    MrEd said:

Despite all the talk sadly there is not the slightest sign of Trump conceding and an outside possibility of litigation making a difference, while there is a real prospect of litigation making a challenge. Too early to say anything else at all at the moment. Let's hope he concedes soon. Fox News while calling it for Biden is also saying that it is far from over. I am sorry to say I agree for the moment.

• Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060
    edited November 2020
    Carnyx said:

kle4 said:

That's the one. Three cruisers for one Swordfish I think.

Edit: this is a pretty good look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8I2HavEEPE

Notable for the only time a fleet carrier found itself in a battle line with battleships (and according to some accounts actually fired its guns at the enemy cruisers).
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,775

kle4 said:

I hope he gets the associated medals shined more brilliantly.

I don't like the habit of the royals to wear vast collections of undeserved medals. Nor generals for that matter.

Rank is inevitable, but medals could just be awarded when truly merited.
  • Options

A wonderful day across America, and across the world. 2020 really had a twist in the tale didn’t it?

You make it sound like it is a shock Trump got beat, the guy 10% behind in the polls for months. No COVID perhaps he stood a chance, but as soon as it became clear his handling was a disaster and was openingly promoting incredibly dangerous behaviour, surely you didn't believe he could win.
  • Options

MrEd said:

2. The PA case concerns votes that haven't even been counted yet: Biden will win even if they are kicked out, and that has all the EC votes he needs.

4. He has.
    2. I know; 4 - I realised after I posted, hence my reply to @Anabobazina !
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

RH1992 said:
    The all black looks a bit like a death notice.
    The door to No 10 is black
  • Options
    nichomar said:

ydoethur said:

dixiedean said:

Although the need remains to address the reasons people can vote for trump, farage etc, I have no idea if the gap can be bridged between the different camps, it’s not going to be achieved by reasoned argument but maybe economic leveling up can remove the racist and isolationist tendencies.
    I hope Biden can do that. I think his key advantage, like Rutherford B Hayes, is ‘he is obnoxious to nobody.’ True, he served alongside some controversial people but generally his strength is being a bland, slightly weak figure who runs along with most people.

But - it’s still a hell of an ask and a full time job on its own. America is more divided than its ever been - even in the late 60s when there were realistic fears it was on the brink of a second civil war.
  • Options
    Take a bow Jen O'Malley Dillon. Biden's campaign manager. She was Beto's during his early run in the primary.

Stonking achievement.
  • Options

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

The highest mark of your character is that you have not fired back despite the abuse and bullying (IMHO) you have received. You're 10x the people they are.

Whilst I don't agree with much/any of what you post, I value your contribution and the way you go about it. Rock on
    Thank you Sir, it would be an absolute pleasure to buy you a drink one day when the meet-ups start again.

I would also pay the same compliment to you re your behaviour on this site
  • Options

Carnyx said:

kle4 said:

Edit: this is a pretty good look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8I2HavEEPE
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Casino is a great poster and a decent bloke. Sometimes he gets rubbed up the wrong way and I fundamentally disagree with him. Like the great man said an opponent not an enemy.

I am sorry that this might trigger him, but I am going to fully enjoy today. Thank goodness Trump is going. It’s inspiring. Hopefully we will get rid of our own crazy haired, truth bending populist incompetent premier.

We already have. He was thrown out of the Labour Party last week.

Oh, did you mean Johnson?
  • Options

kle4 said:

And her youngest son was in the Royal Marines for four months, judging by the medals he wears it must have been the busiest and most dangerous period in the history of the Marines. How many wars did he fight in?

• Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,583
    MaxPB said:

+1
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,213
    HYUFD said:

Significant, Jeb Bush now congratulated Biden so GOP establishment abandoning Trump now

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/1325133897781243908?s=20

The Bush clan has long loathed Trump and I expect most of them quietly voted for Biden
  • Options
    Omnium said:

kle4 said:

I don't like the habit of the royals to wear vast collections of undeserved medals. Nor generals for that matter.

I think most medals are for being there, or long service. Not a huge number get awarded for particular deeds.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Carnyx said:

dixiedean said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Coming soon to the UK.
    You'll be lucky.

I despise Trump and have said so on numerous occasions and it is a great day to see him beaten and I wish Joe Biden every success

And you are correct in saying this is not about right v left but right v wrong

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962

MrEd said:

Some might say that he's gone to.. ground.

I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,960
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

4. He has.
    2. I know; 4 - I realised after I posted, hence my reply to @Anabobazina !
    Re (2), he's correct. The SoS in PA said that the votes recieved post election day have been segregated and are not included in the vote totals.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

kle4 said:

Phil the Greek got a Mention In Dispatches for that one, IIRC.

He was in charge of searchlight control, on his ship - at that period in time, radar, while vital wasn't suitable for complete blind aiming. The aim of searchlights in night fighting was to blind the enemy (imagine looking down a sighting telescope at a zillion candlepower) and illuminate the enemy for your ships to aim at.

Get it wrong and you have just lit a perfect beacon for the enemy.

Apparently, when they switched on, the lights were perfectly aimed at the Italian gunnery director towers. So they were blinded, while the British fleet fired multiple salvoes....
  • Options
    Cicero said:

HYUFD said:

Significant, Jeb Bush now congratulated Biden so GOP establishment abandoning Trump now

The Bush clan has long loathed Trump and I expect most of them quietly voted for Biden
    Didn’t Dubya disown the party in 2018? I seem to remember many petulant tweets from the orangutan on the subject.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,120
    Apparently Giuliani said something about not having to prove ballots were invalid, because it was up to the officials to prove they were valid by convincing party observers.

An odd notion, giving party observers a veto on any election result they don't like. Observers on both sides!

What's in it for Giuliani? Does Trump have photos of him adjusting his sound equipment or something?
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/TVietor08/status/1325137653851828230

Promise I am going but this guy is likely to be part of a Biden administration. Over to Johnson.
  • Options
    UK cases by specimen date

• Options
    UK cases by specimen date, scaled to 100K

• Options
    Alistair said:

So that's the USA Communist now. I hear everyone will need to get gay married and have their student loans expunged.

Hmmm, tell me more of this Communism. Doesn't sound all bad.
  • Options
    UK R

• Options
    UK case summary

• Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 842
    Now the fun begins, how will he be removed from the White House?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Cicero said:

HYUFD said:

Didn’t Dubya disown the party in 2018? I seem to remember many petulant tweets from the orangutan on the subject.
    Has Melania congratulated Biden yet?
  • Options
    UK Hospitals

• Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Promise I am going but this guy is likely to be part of a Biden administration. Over to Johnson.

He has a point but God, that is disappointing. My greatest hope for Biden was that he would mean an end to that sort of tweet.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

kle4 said:

He was in charge of searchlight control, on his ship - at that period in time, radar, while vital wasn't suitable for complete blind aiming. The aim of searchlights in night fighting was to blind the enemy (imagine looking down a sighting telescope at a zillion candlepower) and illuminate the enemy for your ships to aim at.

Apparently, when they switched on, the lights were perfectly aimed at the Italian gunnery director towers. So they were blinded, while the British fleet fired multiple salvoes....
    There was a destroyer that opened fire only to see its target essentially blow up. Their first though was "did we do that?" only to then remember the three 15" battleships behind them.
  • Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 842
    Here's a thought, Trade Deal with USA on condition hold another Referendum!!
  • Options
    UK R

From case data

From hospitalisation data

• Options
    algarkirk said:

MrEd said:

Despite all the talk sadly there is not the slightest sign of Trump conceding and an outside possibility of litigation making a difference, while there is a real prospect of litigation making a challenge. Too early to say anything else at all at the moment. Let's hope he concedes soon. Fox News while calling it for Biden is also saying that it is far from over. I am sorry to say I agree for the moment.

I said it before but I will repeat it, I think the Arizona count here could be absolutely critical to how this whole situation plays out. He's at 20K margin and if you look at the counties with the largest shares of the vote to come (10%+) all bar the small-ish Apache one are Republican by double digit. Pinal, where he is up 15%, has 27K votes to go.

Assuming a scenario where he wins NC and AL, a win in AZ puts Trump on 242. He's got a recount in Georgia which is by no means out given the wafer thin margin so you could (theoretically) be on 258.

It's clear from his statement that he will fight and it's a signal to others to join him. It's going to be very hard for the RNC to walk away from this. So this will drag on. Whether foreign leaders recognise Biden actually will count for sh1t as to how this plays out.
  • Options

Omnium said:

kle4 said:

I think most medals are for being there, or long service. Not a huge number get awarded for particular deeds.
    Prince Philip, visiting Brazil, saw a highly decorated general. Intrigued, he asked in which conflict the general won those medals. ‘The Second World War,’ came the reply.

‘I didn’t know Brazil was in the war that long,’ said Philip.

‘Well, at least I didn’t get them for marrying my wife,’ retorted the general.
  • Options
    UK Deaths

• Options
    theakes said:

Now the fun begins, how will he be removed from the White House?

I think a tranquilliser dart would be the safest way.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

kle4 said:

Isn't he more Phil the Dane?
  • Options
    Have sent the boy some money to get drunk with. Asked for photo evidence. Sends me back a video of him walking down the road towards the shop lol
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

He has a point but God, that is disappointing. My greatest hope for Biden was that he would mean an end to that sort of tweet.
    I think Biden would as he is fundamentally a decent man. But he doesn't have the power to stop the revenge being meted out.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

kle4 said:

Isn't he more Phil the Dane?
    Well, sensibly, the Greeks outsourced their Royal family to immigrants.... So it depends on your point of view....
  • Options

UK R

Might I suggest you make larger groups based upon the local restriction type.
  • Options
    Chris said:

Apparently Giuliani said something about not having to prove ballots were invalid, because it was up to the officials to prove they were valid by convincing party observers.

An odd notion, giving party observers a veto on any election result they don't like. Observers on both sides!

What's in it for Giuliani? Does Trump have photos of him adjusting his sound equipment or something?

He needs to get rid of Giuliani, the man is a f****** idiot
  • Options
    JACK_WJACK_W Posts: 651
    Looks like my tip of turnout of 160m is heading in the right direction.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

algarkirk said:

MrEd said:

I said it before but I will repeat it, I think the Arizona count here could be absolutely critical to how this whole situation plays out. He's at 20K margin and if you look at the counties with the largest shares of the vote to come (10%+) all bar the small-ish Apache one are Republican by double digit. Pinal, where he is up 15%, has 27K votes to go.

Assuming a scenario where he wins NC and AL, a win in AZ puts Trump on 242. He's got a recount in Georgia which is by no means out given the wafer thin margin so you could (theoretically) be on 258.

It's clear from his statement that he will fight and it's a signal to others to join him. It's going to be very hard for the RNC to walk away from this. So this will drag on. Whether foreign leaders recognise Biden actually will count for sh1t as to how this plays out.
    No, PA alone is enough for Biden.
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    edited November 2020

Trump is scum and so many of the people who voted for Trump are scum. Yes they have a democratic right to vote, but it doesn't change who they are.
    I don't share your choice of words but Royale will just tell you to fuck off so to save that, I will say, don't :)
    I just look at that Van Jones clip. Trump and Trumpism are an inch away from fascism. As with the open lies told by Trump where you have to call them out its the same for the people who support him and them.

People know what he is. And vote for him. Yes its their democratic right to vote for whomever they want. But that doesn't excuse their actions.
    Would you call your Trump-voting friends "scum" to their faces?

(Assuming you've got American friends, but I think most of us here have some.)

And if you don't have Trump-voting friends, isn't this indicative of a lack of unity and how tribal our societies are becoming? This latter point worries me, to be honest, because it increases the chances of other divisive leaders coming to the fore in the future.

For what it's worth, I don't think my Trump-voting friends are "scum", though I agree there are plenty of undesirables I'm less likely to be friends with who do vote Trump. But then if you want evidence of some really nasty people voting Democrat, there's a reason the Democrats are keen on felons voting, so I think - as is often the case - a cosy sense of moral superiority should usually be replaced by a somewhat less comfortable and more ambiguous feeling.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,910
    Just gets better and better for Bozo , his best pal chucked out , Europe grovelling surrender coming up, trouble re Ireland debacle and now
    The US - Scotland Angle

“I think the United Kingdom - look, I learned from Scottish friends, the last thing to do is to suggest to a Scot what he should do ... Scotland's democratic will must be respected." Joe Biden
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Omnium said:

kle4 said:

Prince Philip, visiting Brazil, saw a highly decorated general. Intrigued, he asked in which conflict the general won those medals. ‘The Second World War,’ came the reply.

‘I didn’t know Brazil was in the war that long,’ said Philip.

‘Well, at least I didn’t get them for marrying my wife,’ retorted the general.
    Given what Philip did do in the war that was more than rude.
This discussion has been closed.