Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Biden (77yo) just beating Trump (74yo) as having the mental an

Comments

• Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,004

I think that’s the lowest Tory share for a while and would be a Hung Parliament

With the greatest of respect you are sounding more like HYUFD with every poll
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

https://twitter.com/IWTheDarkPrince/status/1279495335409311744

LD + Lab + SNP + SDLP + Greens would just be enough to lockout the Tories - prediction is based on one I saw above. Most likely Tories would carry on.

Sinn Fein would come to the Conservative Party's rescue by continuing their abstentionism at Westminster.

Although the DUP might put Labour in power as revenge for Boris Johnson putting a border down the Irish Sea.
    See above, according to Flavible without DUP anti-Tories is 321, which is a technical majority? DUP would give a few seats.

Biggest mess of a Parliament for decades
    LD aren't anti-Tories though.

May's government wasn't a majority government, even with only one party needed to rely upon for confidence and supply. Even if that happened it'd be a rainbow based minority government.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,044
    MrEd said:

HYUFD said:

MrEd said:

So kind of on topic,

Past few state polls (although I question them) haven't been bad for Trump - +4 for Arizona and Texas and tie in Florida, although with Trafalgar. They may be outliers but probably welcome for him post-recent polls.

We have had the debate on here a few nights back re whether the defund the Police calls would play an impact in the election. Trump campaign seems to think so hence the latest advert,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNav5wO5dh0

Re the Democratic VP nominee, I tipped Michelle Lujan Grisham when she is 25/1. She has drifted out to 33/1 on Ladbrokes but I still think she represents value. Interestingly, the language around the VP nomination is that it has to be a "woman of color" not necessarily a black woman. As supposedly the only Hispanic candidate on Biden's shortlist, he may see her as an alternative to other candidates who have issues with their past (Harris, Demmings, Rice)) or who may be seen as too junior (Lance Bottoms - who would also face criticism of morale in the Atlanta Police Dept).

Shades of Bush Snr 's brutally effective Willie Horton attack ad on Dukakis in 1988 in that Trump ad saying Biden would defund the police and be soft on crime.

Dukakis had a big poll lead through most of the summer
    Yes brutal but quite effective in that it depicts a situation most Americans know about in real life - but instead of pressing #1 to speak to an operator about your bank bill (let's say), it's about a crime
    Michelle Lujan Grisham is 48 on BF.

I think it was after your tip that I put a little nibble on Grisham.

LD + Lab + SNP + SDLP + Greens would just be enough to lockout the Tories - prediction is based on one I saw above. Most likely Tories would carry on.

Sinn Fein would come to the Conservative Party's rescue by continuing their abstentionism at Westminster.

Although the DUP might put Labour in power as revenge for Boris Johnson putting a border down the Irish Sea.
    Have you keyed in the boundary changes
  • BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

Uh-uh. Electoral Calculus' own estimate of the upcoming boundary changes (not yet added as an option to to their calculator) adds 6 seats to the Tory total from other parties.

Hence 321+6 = 327. Official majority of 4, working majority of 11 once Sinn Fein's 7 abstentionist MPs are accounted for.

Bribe the DUP again and it's 27 :wink:
  • CatManCatMan Posts: 2,722
    edited July 2020
    If only the Lib Dems (and maybe Greens) would merge with Labour :blush:
  • SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,243
    stodge said:

HYUFD said:

Shades of Bush Snr 's brutally effective Willie Horton attack ad on Dukakis in 1988 in that Trump ad saying Biden would defund the police and be soft on crime.

I thought "read my lips, no new taxes" was the main reason George HW Bush won in 1988.

As soon as he reneged on that pledge, he was in serious trouble.
    Willie Horton was a killer in more ways than one, alright.

But before that ad saw the light of day (or at least hit millions of TV screens) Dukakis had already screwed himself royally by failing to answer - effectively or at all - Bush's attack upon him for his opposition to US constitutional amendment to outlaw burning the American Flag. Note that no such amendment was ever adopted BUT that was not the point.

Then Dukakis doubled down - by gobble-de-gooking when asked during debate whether he'd approve of death penalty if his own wife was murdered. AND having himself riding around on top of a big US Army tank with a ridiculous-looking helmet. All three of these unforced errors - not counting Wille Horton - were grist for the Bush-Quayle campaign media blitz.

BTW, re: VP - Dan Quayle is good example of how unimportant a VP pick, even a clearly bad one, can be to the actual voting result. From the moment that Bush announced and introduced him to a wondering world, DG was a national joke, and one that got funnier by the minute. BUT did NOT stop Bush the Elder from winning in 1988. And while Quayle did noting to help Poppy's image, he was NOT the decisive factor in the President's defeat versus Bill Clinton AND Ross Perot.
  • Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

https://twitter.com/samimousa86/status/1279494798920073216

Flavible prediction I was talking about.

Lab: 250
    SNP: 58
    LD: 7
    PC: 4
    Green: 1
    SDLP 2 (?)

Wafer thin majority

And only 1398 days left until polling day - it's a nailbiter to be sure!
  • MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578

MrEd said:

HYUFD said:

MrEd said:

So kind of on topic,

Past few state polls (although I question them) haven't been bad for Trump - +4 for Arizona and Texas and tie in Florida, although with Trafalgar. They may be outliers but probably welcome for him post-recent polls.

We have had the debate on here a few nights back re whether the defund the Police calls would play an impact in the election. Trump campaign seems to think so hence the latest advert,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNav5wO5dh0

Re the Democratic VP nominee, I tipped Michelle Lujan Grisham when she is 25/1. She has drifted out to 33/1 on Ladbrokes but I still think she represents value. Interestingly, the language around the VP nomination is that it has to be a "woman of color" not necessarily a black woman. As supposedly the only Hispanic candidate on Biden's shortlist, he may see her as an alternative to other candidates who have issues with their past (Harris, Demmings, Rice)) or who may be seen as too junior (Lance Bottoms - who would also face criticism of morale in the Atlanta Police Dept).

Yes brutal but quite effective in that it depicts a situation most Americans know about in real life - but instead of pressing #1 to speak to an operator about your bank bill (let's say), it's about a crime
    Michelle Lujan Grisham is 48 on BF.

I think it was after your tip that I put a little nibble on Grisham.
    Cheers for the tip Rottenborough, heading over there now
    Scott_xP said:
    That is a tweet I am pleased with Scott
  • TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    I assume people kneel before the queen to be knighted etc. How silly is that?
    Is not facing centuries/millennia of racism is somewhat more important?

stodge said:

HYUFD said:

I thought "read my lips, no new taxes" was the main reason George HW Bush won in 1988.

As soon as he reneged on that pledge, he was in serious trouble.
    Willie Horton was a killer in more ways than one, alright.

But before that ad saw the light of day (or at least hit millions of TV screens) Dukakis had already screwed himself royally by failing to answer - effectively or at all - Bush's attack upon him for his opposition to US constitutional amendment to outlaw burning the American Flag. Note that no such amendment was ever adopted BUT that was not the point.

Then Dukakis doubled down - by gobble-de-gooking when asked during debate whether he'd approve of death penalty if his own wife was murdered. AND having himself riding around on top of a big US Army tank with a ridiculous-looking helmet. All three of these unforced errors - not counting Wille Horton - were grist for the Bush-Quayle campaign media blitz.

BTW, re: VP - Dan Quayle is good example of how unimportant a VP pick, even a clearly bad one, can be to the actual voting result. From the moment that Bush announced and introduced him to a wondering world, DG was a national joke, and one that got funnier by the minute. BUT did NOT stop Bush the Elder from winning in 1988. And while Quayle did noting to help Poppy's image, he was NOT the decisive factor in the President's defeat versus Bill Clinton AND Ross Perot.
    Yes, Dukakis really did shoot himself in the foot.

Re VP, agree it is usually not that important. I think it's not the case this election though because of the doubts about Biden's health. I don't think anyone questioned HW on his mental facilities. Even the Democrats admit the VP candidate will need to be (more than usual) ready to step up.
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 15,547
    edited July 2020
    Native Americans protesting Trump's shenanigans at Mount Rushmore were told to go back to where they came from...

[Literally true apparently]
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

Uh-uh. Electoral Calculus' own estimate of the upcoming boundary changes (not yet added as an option to to their calculator) adds 6 seats to the Tory total from other parties.

Hence 321+6 = 327. Official majority of 4, working majority of 11 once Sinn Fein's 7 abstentionist MPs are accounted for.

Glad to see the boundary commission are doing their job. :)
  • I think that’s the lowest Tory share for a while and would be a Hung Parliament

At least I'm not up Johnson's backside.
  • BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

No, you're just up Starmer's. Is it any less pungent?
    SPOILER ALERT - Just caught final 2 minutes of "Mr Roberts" which has one of the best endings in cinema history:

Ensign Pulver is standing on the deck, sees the Captain's prize palm tree, and throws same overboard.

Then he storms up to Captain's cabin, pounds on the door, and throws it open.

"Captain, I just threw your stinking palm tree overboard! Now what's all this crap about no movie tonight?!?!"
    Alistair said:

MrEd said:

Alistair said:

For Covid case to death stats the Swedes have the average time from symptoms to ICU admission as 11 days.

MrEd said:

So kind of on topic,

Trump +4 in Arizona. Interesting, let me check the poll....

Very Interesting, it's by Gravis so non-partisan (infact 538 list them as having a tiny Dem skew) and just because it was commissioned by OAN doesn't mean the polling is bad.... Wait a minute hold the fucking phone what is this?

Stop. Collaborate. Listen. The Clinton-Trump split is not accurate. Trump won by 4 points (48-44) in 2016. This is their post demographic weighting. That is saying the 2016 result according to their sample was
    Trump: 54%
    Clinton: 38%

That's a humongous "skew".

As I said Alastair, and have been quite vocal on this, I question the polls - especially the state polls - because I don't trust them and they weren't accurate last time.

Have you done a similar analysis eg on the polls showing a big Democratic lead in some of these states?
    Had a look at the NY Time/Sienna Arizona poll as they provide decentish Cross Tabs

This was for a Biden+7 poll
    They had a not quite as skewed but still-Trump heavy Trump 39, Clinton 29 past vote in their sample (but they are not clear if that is the pre or post weighted figures).

JFC, For some of the most interesting questions in the survey they don't break it down by either past or current vote choice. These utter wankers.

Look at this question - utter dynamite, no breakdown

It really is ridiculous, the side questions are often the most interesting.

FYI, not sure if you saw this

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/03/upshot/joe-biden-voters-coronavirus.html
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,769
    FF43 said:

Native Americans protesting Trump's shenanigans at Mount Rushmore were told to go back to where they came from...

The Republicans really are a supremely tin eared bunch.
  • LadyGLadyG Posts: 2,221
    FF43 said:

Well, they came from Asia, probably somewhere around Mongolia. And before that, like the rest of us, they very probably came from Africa

So much of this argument is bullshit
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,756
    Toms said:

I assume people kneel before the queen to be knighted etc. How silly is that?
    Is not facing centuries/millennia of racism is somewhat more important?

Tories enjoy that form of submission and subjugation, according to the more stupid Dom.
  • Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,631
    LadyG said:

LadyG said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

isam said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

Interesting. I wonder why Starmer's down. His U-turn on BLM, or just the honeymoon easing?

I can't think of anything else he has said or done
    All broadly within margin of error.
    Tsk. You tell us 3 is MoE.

-4 is not

Remember: a rogue poll is a poll whose results you dislike
    The first thing he has done that anyone has noticed is to make it clear that while he WAS taking sides in the culture war, he wouldn't go as far as to defund the police, smash up Brixton or be nasty to Jews
    He was foolish to backtrack on his BLM statement. Now he just appears weak and flipfloippy

First he takes the knee and he's Yay BLM, then he says No, BLM is just a moment and some of its ideas are nonsense, THEN he says Sorry I didn't mean that BLM is a defining moment hooray!

Pitiful, really.

I doubt more than 10% of the country noticed, but maybe enough did to dent his popularity
    Think more than 10% may notice - but most will think it's a sign he is NOT a fool like Corbyn.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of small minds" - and hallmark of dumb politicos. Sure don't hear many - even on PB - saying that our Keir is a dummy.
    His biggest mistake was having that photo taken in the first place because it makes him a hostage to fortune. I'm surprised he did so. As a lawyer, I would have expected him to be wary of doing anything that could have been used against him as evidence in the future.
    Yes, it was a huge risk. Misguided

Has any other major politician outside the USA "taken the knee"?

Why do it? You can easily shrug it off, as Boris did

America is different and is going through its own very personal psychodrama
    Nobody cares about the knee, although it was a bit naff.

Richard Tyndall has already explained about MoE and fluctuations. Besides which Boris has let you go down the pub and Starmer hasn't.

Add to that the fact we are four years out from a GE, it isn't worth getting so excited over
    My point is that no one cares about the knee YET

But if BLM goes mental and violent or is exposed as some horrible anti-Semitic nightmare, then that photo would be VERY awkward

He didn't need to do it. Pious words would have sufficed.

Besides, it's "naff" - as you say.

We should all use the word naff more often. It is sadly neglected
    I wouldn't be too sure. Most here live in their cosy little middle class bubbles. Outside in the world of shop workers and lowly office workers things like BLM and Extinction Rebellion are viewed with contempt and they are regarded as over educated tossers with too much time on their hands and too much money from mummy and daddy.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Fun Fact.

Obama lost Missouri by only 0.13%
    Here we go with the off-topic flagging again. I think these buttons were removed previously because they were used in exactly the same way.
    RobD said:

Normal for Conservatives to gain in boudary changes due to suburban- & exurban-ization. Isn't +6 small compared to previous changes? If so, is this result of suburban voters becoming LESS likely to vote Tory on on hand, and rural & rust-belt voters trending the other way? Same as in US?

Charmingly put !!!!
    FF43 said:

Trumpsky only President in history who could utter that remark.

IF you told him that, "Jesus wept," he'd say, "well, at least he did it in English!"
  • CatManCatMan Posts: 2,722
    edited July 2020
    *Deleted* Lady Gaga beat me to it, while holding like they do in Texas.
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Hang on a minute, that's weird. Why have two threads floated up simultaneously?

Experimental echo chambers for left and right posters.
    Which one are we in here?
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,408
    RobD said:
    People often hope the Sec of State will call in applications for final decision. If done, it must be for good reason and totallt above board. Jenrick is increasingly struggling with the smell test.
    RobD said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Hang on a minute, that's weird. Why have two threads floated up simultaneously?

Experimental echo chambers for left and right posters.
    Which one are we in here?
    That depends if you've annoyed OGH and get put in the 'wrong' one as punishment.
  • I think that’s the lowest Tory share for a while and would be a Hung Parliament

Charmingly put !!!!
    Couldn't give a toss mate, I tell it how it is and I am fed up with your utter bollocks. Hypocrite.
  • RobD said:
    He should have resigned weeks ago. It is a mark of how utterly spineless Johnson is, that he is still in post.

Oh come now, it's not like the northern irish to hold grudge...
  • Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

isam said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

Interesting. I wonder why Starmer's down. His U-turn on BLM, or just the honeymoon easing?

-4 is not

The first thing he has done that anyone has noticed is to make it clear that while he WAS taking sides in the culture war, he wouldn't go as far as to defund the police, smash up Brixton or be nasty to Jews
    He was foolish to backtrack on his BLM statement. Now he just appears weak and flipfloippy

First he takes the knee and he's Yay BLM, then he says No, BLM is just a moment and some of its ideas are nonsense, THEN he says Sorry I didn't mean that BLM is a defining moment hooray!

Pitiful, really.

I doubt more than 10% of the country noticed, but maybe enough did to dent his popularity
    Think more than 10% may notice - but most will think it's a sign he is NOT a fool like Corbyn.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of small minds" - and hallmark of dumb politicos. Sure don't hear many - even on PB - saying that our Keir is a dummy.
    His biggest mistake was having that photo taken in the first place because it makes him a hostage to fortune. I'm surprised he did so. As a lawyer, I would have expected him to be wary of doing anything that could have been used against him as evidence in the future.

Richard Tyndall has already explained about MoE and fluctuations. Besides which Boris has let you go down the pub and Starmer hasn't.

Add to that the fact we are four years out from a GE, it isn't worth getting so excited over

But if BLM goes mental and violent or is exposed as some horrible anti-Semitic nightmare, then that photo would be VERY awkward

I wouldn't be too sure. Most here live in their cosy little middle class bubbles. Outside in the world of shop workers and lowly office workers things like BLM and Extinction Rebellion are viewed with contempt and they are regarded as over educated tossers with too much time on their hands and too much money from mummy and daddy.
    Very much as some working-class people would have viewed the movement to ban slavery, or the suffragettes' movement.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,739
    RobD said:

Good lord he surely has to go now?

Why?

We know he is sleazy. He hasn't gone.

We know they lie to us. We know they don't care.
  • Off topic flagging my posts Big G, touched a nerve did I? Oh diddums

I am delighted to announce the morning thread features a discussion about the alternative vote system.

Bless you, sir.
  • Some 52% believe outlets like pubs and restaurants are going back into business early, the Opinium survey states.

The snapshot survey shows that 73% expect a second outbreak of Covid-19 this year.

It states the Government's disapproval rating is at 49% - with just 30% approving of its performance.

The survey also finds that 53% of people think the easing of the lockdown is happening too fast.
  • Boris Johnson has a knife-edge lead over who is considered best prime minister, with a 34% rating compared to Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer's 33% tally.

Sir Keir's approval rating also dipped from 46% to 43%, according to the survey.

Adam Drummond, head of political polling at Opinium, said: "While the Government may be keen to reopen, the public are looking ahead and with trepidation and aren't expecting this release to be anything but temporary.

Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

isam said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

-4 is not

Pitiful, really.

Very much as some working-class people would have viewed the movement to ban slavery, or the suffragettes' movement.
    I think as another poster put on here the other day, in the 1970s, the cause du jour amongst the trendy left was allowing paedoph1lia. It's wrong to assume all progressive movements are automatically progress.
    Not sure I get (or want to get) bit re: Texas.

BUT at rate The Donald is going, he's surely on course to sink his own ship, and lots of other boats for GOP.

For example, my fearless prediction is that TX State House will go Democratic, number of key seats already within the danger zone for Lone Star Republicans.

Any winning, please remit customary 50%. Any losses, please feel free to share among yezselves.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,739

It is a mark of how utterly spineless Johnson is, that he is still in post.

No, it's a mark of how much contempt Cummings holds everyone else in.

He proved that they could lie blatantly on national TV and nobody could actually do anything.

The administration feels no shame, and there is no power to shift them.
    RobD said:

Here we go with the off-topic flagging again. I think these buttons were removed previously because they were used in exactly the same way.

It’s deliciously ironic that somebody flagged that as off-topic.
    kle4 said:

I am delighted to announce the morning thread features a discussion about the alternative vote system.

Bless you, sir.
    Please sir, may I have some more?
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,842

RobD said:

Normal for Conservatives to gain in boudary changes due to suburban- & exurban-ization. Isn't +6 small compared to previous changes? If so, is this result of suburban voters becoming LESS likely to vote Tory on on hand, and rural & rust-belt voters trending the other way? Same as in US?
    There has not been much ex-urbanisation since the last changes. Indeed London, Manchester, Bristol will gain with some very big electorates at present. None of the major cities will lose out except possibly Newcastle.
    By contrast the Tories have made a lot of progress in areas with declining populations, such as Cumbria, Durham and Teesside, the Black Country and Potteries, which will therefore lose out, yes.
    The major change will be a loss of 8 seats for Wales. Ironically another area the Tories did well. That may turn out to be net no change.
  • CorrectHorseBatteryCorrectHorseBattery Posts: 21,436
    edited July 2020
    ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Imagine being so tragic as to get worked up over people flagging your posts off topic lol - mine constantly get tagged and I couldn't give a toss. Who cares!

RobD said:

I'm assuming that it's the product of population growth in urban cores and the substantial Tory advances in the Red Wall constituencies, rendering boundary changes much less advantageous to the Conservatives than they would've been previously.
    Scott_xP said:

It is a mark of how utterly spineless Johnson is, that he is still in post.

No, it's a mark of how much contempt Cummings holds everyone else in.

He proved that they could lie blatantly on national TV and nobody could actually do anything.

The administration feels no shame, and there is no power to shift them.
    Or it might be that he’s running out of his intellectual inferiors to appoint to cabinet posts, as he can’t bear to deal with people cleverer than him.

I mean let’s face it, there are quite a number of horses that would be disqualified for being too cerebral.

So keeping Jenrick solves a problem there.

Buckland, Wallace and Sunak are probably all under pressure.

Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

isam said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

-4 is not

Pitiful, really.

Take a hike ass, thinking blm are tossers doesn't make you a racist. Most of those folks you just slagged off are probably less racist than you because they don't even think about peoples race they just work alongside and with whoever. Whereas folk like you are so ultra conscious of it and use it to make yourself seem virtuous. You probably say things to your islington chums like "Oh I was talking to my black friend the other day" just so they know how egalitarian you are
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    ydoethur said:

RobD said:

The someone is pretty blatantly obvious.

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Imagine being so tragic as to get worked up over people flagging your posts off topic lol - mine constantly get tagged and I couldn't give a toss. Who cares!
    I cry tears of joy for every like I receive, and tears of sadness at every off topic.

Off topic flagging my posts Big G, touched a nerve did I? Oh diddums

No not at all. Just find it amusing
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

I cry tears of joy for every like I receive, and tears of sadness at every off topic.
    Dare I ask what you do with a spam?
  • sarissasarissa Posts: 1,755

I see they still haven’t fixed the erroneous SNP forecast!

Charmingly put !!!!
    Couldn't give a toss mate, I tell it how it is and I am fed up with your utter bollocks. Hypocrite.
    Anything else you want to fire off at me
    edited July 2020
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Blimey.

For the sake of kle4’s skin, let’s just leave all his posts blank.
    dixiedean said:

RobD said:

There has not been much ex-urbanisation since the last changes. Indeed London, Manchester, Bristol will gain with some very big electorates at present. None of the major cities will lose out except possibly Newcastle.
    By contrast the Tories have made a lot of progress in areas with declining populations, such as Cumbria, Durham and Teesside, the Black Country and Potteries, which will therefore lose out, yes.
    The major change will be a loss of 8 seats for Wales. Ironically another area the Tories did well. That may turn out to be net no change.
    Thanks for info & details. Sounds like gentrification and/or densification in urban cores is a factor. Just as here in city of Seattle, which has highest population growth in state (esp. of younger adults) along with Vancouver WA a suburb of Portland OR.
    With 49% on the public purse why would they

Time will tell
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

isam said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

-4 is not

Pitiful, really.

Take a hike ass, thinking blm are tossers doesn't make you a racist. Most of those folks you just slagged off are probably less racist than you because they don't even think about peoples race they just work alongside and with whoever. Whereas folk like you are so ultra conscious of it and use it to make yourself seem virtuous. You probably say things to your islington chums like "Oh I was talking to my black friend the other day" just so they know how egalitarian you are
    Marvellous to encounter a poster who doesn't thing in terms of clichés and stereotypes.

Boris Johnson has a knife-edge lead over who is considered best prime minister, with a 34% rating compared to Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer's 33% tally.

Sir Keir's approval rating also dipped from 46% to 43%, according to the survey.

Adam Drummond, head of political polling at Opinium, said: "While the Government may be keen to reopen, the public are looking ahead and with trepidation and aren't expecting this release to be anything but temporary.

I thought Starmer led. Has that changed
  • Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    I've been on it today. Anyone else?

Does ed Davey look a complete knob tonight?

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

isam said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

-4 is not

Pitiful, really.

Marvellous to encounter a poster who doesn't thing in terms of clichés and stereotypes.
    Ah so its ok for someone who is on your side to make sweeping generalisations implying those that work at the low end as knuckledraggers who would oppose suffragettes or abolition of slavery......but dare to suggest he is part of that islington luvvie chattarati set and thats totally out of order. Take the beam out of your own eye first
    RobD said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Dare I ask what you do with a spam?
    Let us hope we never find out, I am a senstive soul.
    PBers may think that flagging post as off-topic is a complement, for example in midst of learned debates re: alternative voting and the off-sides rule (the latter an especial American favorite).
    @TheScreamingEagles now I know how to get their attention.
  • No doubt the PB Tories will get away with flagging most of my posts off-topic

No doubt the PB Tories will get away with flagging most of my posts off-topic

It was all quiet on the flagging front until recently.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    Everone enjoying super Saturday ?🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
  • EPGEPG Posts: 5,996
    Latest state polls in USA: Florida tie, Texas Trump +4, Arizona Trump +4, if this continues in a state like Pennsylvania, the status is a slight decline for Trump but not enough to topple him.

PBers may think that flagging post as off-topic is a complement, for example in midst of learned debates re: alternative voting and the off-sides rule (the latter an especial American favorite).

There should really be an on-topic button.

A reminder to everyone.

Repeatedly misusing the off topic/spam buttons is likely to see the ban hammer deployed.

Every time someone flags a post as spam or off topic it sends an email to Robert and OGH, and it really pisses them off when it is being misused.

Sometimes I catch off topic due to my arthritic fingers and if I have done anything wrong I am sorry.
    Next movie up on the El Cheapo channel - "1776"
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,928

2011:

No2AV 68%
    Yes2AV 32%

#justsayin'
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,289
    RobD said:

Isn't that called the Like button?
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

isam said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

-4 is not

Pitiful, really.

Ah so its ok for someone who is on your side to make sweeping generalisations implying those that work at the low end as knuckledraggers who would oppose suffragettes or abolition of slavery......but dare to suggest he is part of that islington luvvie chattarati set and thats totally out of order. Take the beam out of your own eye first
    Hey, I meant it. Your 'metaphor' that lefties were rats that needed to be poisoned was special.
  • RobD said:

Isn't that called the Like button?
    No the like button is used by the PB Tory clique to continue their love in, post anything against the hive mind and you get off topic or spam
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,928
    RobD said:

That's the "like" button ;)
    Like the man said in "Coo Hand Luke" - "What we got here is a failure to communicate."

Or more positively, to quote LBJ - "Let us reason together".

2011:

No2AV 68%
    Yes2AV 32%

#justsayin'
    When are you going to Scotland Sunil?

Is it when Sturgeon let's the English in?

Why does Westminster kow tow to Scotland we should turn their benefits off!

Like the man said in "Coo Hand Luke" - "What we got here is a failure to communicate."

No wonder if he was trying to talk to a pigeon...
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,289

Time will tell

State pension Big_G? Welcome to the 49%!
  • justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    edited July 2020
    stodge said:

The only question I have is where are the other 5% of voters - Brexit Party ?
    Plaid might have 1%. UKIP + BNP might acxount for 1% too.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,981
    RobD said:

What PB needs is a 'That's the stupidest thing I've ever read, you deserve to be force fed Hawaiian pizzas for the rest of your life' button.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    EPG said:

Latest state polls in USA: Florida tie, Texas Trump +4, Arizona Trump +4, if this continues in a state like Pennsylvania, the status is a slight decline for Trump but not enough to topple him.

The Arizona poll is badly compromised by assuming Trump won in 2016 by 17 points (he won by 4)

Time will tell

Time will tell

I know but it is not sustainable

A reminder to everyone.

Repeatedly misusing the off topic/spam buttons is likely to see the ban hammer deployed.

Every time someone flags a post as spam or off topic it sends an email to Robert and OGH, and it really pisses them off when it is being misused.

Sometimes I catch off topic due to my arthritic fingers and if I have done anything wrong I am sorry.
    My mobile is useless and has sometimes caused the same outcome. Clearly not when the poster is malcolmg 😊
  • The polls seem to have plateaued

RobD said:

What PB needs is a 'That's the stupidest thing I've ever read, you deserve to be force fed Hawaiian pizzas for the rest of your life' button.
    Mmmmm, pineapple...
    Pulpstar said:

Everone enjoying super Saturday ?🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

Am drunk as a lord, high as a kite and horny as a royal duke!
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,842

A reminder to everyone.

I often do too. And I don't have arthritis as an excuse!

The polls seem to have plateaued

I know they give us a thing to talk about, but their relevance at this juncture may be somewhat overstated.
This discussion has been closed.