Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The tide is high. How many Labour MPs will be holding on after

Comments

• Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    I've been wondering when we would be seeing the campaigning that breaks all the rules. Do we have very long to wait, yet?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,897

AndyJS said:

Scott_P said:

The latest Guardian/ICM poll is out, and it suggests the Conservatives have a record 22-point lead over Labour. Here are the figures.

Conservatives: 49% (up 2 since Guardian/ICM last week)

Labour: 27% (down 1)

Lib Dems: 9% (up 1)

Ukip: 6% (down 2)

Greens: 3% (down 1)

Conservative lead: 22 points

The combined Tory/UKIP share at 55% is one of the highest I've seen. Suggests the Tories aren't just picking up votes from former UKIP supporters.
    The Tory High Command must be thanking John McDonnell - for many Labour waverers his interview with Marr yesterday must have been the last straw.
    Several people I know who aren't that bothered about politics have started conversations with "have you seen that fucking idiot Labour politician... " recently, and not always the same one!
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,222

This looks like a fairer test than some of the spin we've seen:

twitter.com/YouGov/status/861618328191815680

The reality is most people in the UK don't even follow UK politics that closely, let alone foreign elections. They will have heard lots of bad things about Le Pen, but I doubt many really know much about Macron to be able to express a proper opinion.

I only have a outline idea and I post on a politics betting forum.
    Even the French people at work had incomplete information - they had no idea that En Marche was putting up a wide slate of candidates for the assembly, for example
  • Options
    As Mr Meeks remarks, the tide is indeed high and I've been dying to post this all day before the thread disappears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppYgrdJ0pWk
  • Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,288
    FF43 said:

He "invented" capitalism as we understand it now. So, yes, a great economist who influences all of our thinking"
    Well I think we can safely say that in the pantheon of great economists and thinkers he stands a little higher than Steve Hawkes.

Who is Steve Hawkes anyway? Should I know? Should anybody?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,012
    'Strong and stable' is narrowly cutting through more than Diane Abbott's ingenious viral campaigning.

https://twitter.com/populuspolls/status/861625739376021507
  • Options

As Mr Meeks remarks, the tide is indeed high and I've been dying to post this all day before the thread disappears:

Debbie Harry is hot.

If she played her cards right, she could have me.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,897

Debbie Harry is hot.

If she played her cards right, she could have me.
    Don't watch last weeks Jools
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,969
    Mr. Glenn, polling shows 80,000% of the public are aware of that interview :p
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited May 2017
    Cancelled
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060
    AnneJGP said:

I've been wondering when we would be seeing the campaigning that breaks all the rules. Do we have very long to wait, yet?
    Isn't a usual rule of campaigning to try to increase your own vote by showing how qualified you are for office?
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Betfair had Labour at 11/8 at between 160 and 199. It looked reasonable to me.

I believe Corals currently have Labour 150-199 at 11/8 which gives a little more room. I agree this is good value. It's not free money, but I have to say it's over 50% likelihood.

• Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

AnneJGP said:

Isn't a usual rule of campaigning to try to increase your own vote by showing how qualified you are for office?
    Ah. Yes, I've been missing the obvious. :smile:
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    been working today - was there an ICM poll out earlier? no thread?
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

AnneJGP said:

That was then. This is now.

If the old rules are defunct, presumably there will be cross-party support for no further action over those pesky Tory overspending cases.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    Yep, the Tories are the new UKIP and the masses are flocking to the banner. Sad times...
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    "As Mr Meeks remarks, the tide is indeed high and I've been dying to post this all day before the thread disappears:"

and I have been waiting for someone to post that to give the excuse to post this. Mr. Punter should look away or be prepared to bathe his wrists in cold water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGU_4-5RaxU

• Options
    murali_s said:

Yep, the Tories are the new UKIP and the masses are flocking to the banner. Sad times...
    Isn't it splendid? Mind you, it's actually only crossover rather than job done, so things can only get even better!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    Ishmael_Z said:

murali_s said:

Isn't it splendid? Mind you, it's actually only crossover rather than job done, so things can only get even better!
    Evil Empire winning here!
  • Options
    DisraeliDisraeli Posts: 1,106
    Ishmael_Z said:

murali_s said:

"..so things can only get even better!"

Hold that thought! I'm sure that there is a good slogan in there somewhere!
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    I came across Clive Lewis in a Norwich pub on Saturday and said to his face what I have stated previously on here - that the best news for Labour would be for Corbyn to be incapacitated by a massive heart attack. He didn't exactly like it - though he calmed down when I assured him I was not actually wishing such an event but simply stating it as an electoral fact.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Scott_P said:

Anecdotes from Edinburgh

(Posters familiar with my record can decide for themselves how reliable this information is)

Tories targeting South West. Ahead in the council first pref votes

Explicitly not targeting South, hoping Ian Murray will deliver

Expecting West to go Lib Dem

but they only got 20% last time? There must be better targets.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
  • Options

"As Mr Meeks remarks, the tide is indeed high and I've been dying to post this all day before the thread disappears:"

and I have been waiting for someone to post that to give the excuse to post this. Mr. Punter should look away or be prepared to bathe his wrists in cold water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGU_4-5RaxU

OMG, I've gone blind, I've gone blind......
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    justin124 said:

I came across Clive Lewis in a Norwich pub on Saturday and said to his face what I have stated previously on here - that the best news for Labour would be for Corbyn to be incapacitated by a massive heart attack. He didn't exactly like it - though he calmed down when I assured him I was not actually wishing such an event but simply stating it as an electoral fact.

Finbarr Saunders o'clock.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited May 2017
    The man who still thought Labour were going to win about 3am in 2015....I guess at least he is an optimist between collecting overdue books.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    My gut says this is currently worse for Labour than polls/models predict. I wouldn't be surprised if Labour were closer to 100 seats than 200.
  • Options
    Alistair said:
    Also inconsistent x-axis.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,285
    justin124 said:

I call bullshit.

Because on Saturday Clive Lewis was getting married in London.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/politics/norwich-south-hopeful-clive-lewis-gets-married-in-houses-of-parliament-after-snap-election-caused-him-to-cancel-his-stag-do-1-5006418
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,222
    Ishmael_Z said:

AnneJGP said:

That was then. This is now.

If the old rules are defunct, presumably there will be cross-party support for no further action over those pesky Tory overspending cases.
    Getting lots of people to vote for you is anti-democratic.
  • Options
    BannedInParisBannedInParis Posts: 2,191

justin124 said:

I call bullshit.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/politics/norwich-south-hopeful-clive-lewis-gets-married-in-houses-of-parliament-after-snap-election-caused-him-to-cancel-his-stag-do-1-5006418
    hahahahahahahahahahahah .... hahaha ...

• Options

justin124 said:

I call bullshit.

Sorry it was Friday afternoon!
  • Options
    calumcalum Posts: 3,046
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

Alistair said:
    Also inconsistent x-axis.
    Makes a change for it to be the X axis which is dodgy!
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

justin124 said:

I call bullshit.

Congratulations to the happy couple. :lol:
  • Options
    I don't follow the logic whereby Vince Cable (who celebrates his 74th birthday tomorrow) is the 1/2 favourite to recapture his Twickenham seat. Nationally the share of the vote has swung more towards the Tories than the LibDems since GE 2015, plus his comments recommending LibDems to vote Labour won't impress those LibDem/Tory waverers in his constituency of which there must be a considerable number in such a marginal seat.
    Martin Baxter makes it a comfortable Tory hold with a 68% chance of them winning. although his methodology takes no account of the impact of the particular personalities involved.
    I've had a few quid on the incumbent Ms Tania Mathias at odds of 6/4. DYOR.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

justin124 said:

I call bullshit.

And the PB Pinnochio Award for 2017 goes to.......
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    murali_s said:

On the face of it, there is very little difference between current Tory policies re: Europe and FN in France.
  • Options
    Alistair said:
    It wouldn't make a vast difference, would it? I mean the overall picture of Labour on the decline, the SNP rising before 2015, peaking in 2015, and falling back to the advantage of the Tories is broadly the same.

Although I do tend to agree that graphs such as this that casually ask people to extrapolate forward in a smooth curve are pretty dodgy. People tend to over-weight the "trend" and under-weight reversion to the mean.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited May 2017
    Dunno if it's already been posted, but apparently the Conservatives beat the SNP by 5% in Alex Salmond's seat last week. Tories also won Banff & Buchan (which had an SNP majority of 30% in 2015), but tht one's more complicated because there was a big independent vote there last week.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,961
    calum said:
    Just had word from Mystic Meg, she tells me that when the yellow line starts rising substantially after 8th June, it will suddenly become completely inappropriate to compare different types of elections.
  • Options

chestnut said:

I believe Corals currently have Labour 150-199 at 11/8 which gives a little more room. I agree this is good value. It's not free money, but I have to say it's over 50% likelihood.

That certainly looks a darn site better bet than their 5/6 odds on Labour winning >157.5 seats.

Ladbrokes of course offer the same prices on these markets.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    Justin seems to have rather a lot in common with Prof Nuttall.
  • Options

calum said:
    Just had word from Mystic Meg, she tells me that when the yellow line starts rising substantially after 8th June, it will suddenly become completely inappropriate to compare different types of elections.
    That too.
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,699
    IanB2 said:

In my experience there are three types of paper candidate. Those that take pride in following HQ instructions such that sometimes they never even set foot in their constituency during the campaign. Those that resign themselves to dutifully fulfilling their duties as a candidate, going to meetings and knocking on doors more or less on their own. And those that go off piste and try and run an energetic local campaign with whatever resources they can drag in from the local area.

I'd much prefer the middle and latter candidates than the first. The first is a party drone. The latter two trying their best to hold up democracy.

And if I ever was a paper candidate and was told to NOT campaign in the seat I was selected for, it would be the last time I'd work for that party again.

• Options
    Danny565 said:

Dunno if it's already been posted, but apparently the Conservatives beat the SNP by 5% in Alex Salmond's seat last week. Tories also won Banff & Buchan (which had an SNP majority of 30% in 2015), but tht one's more complicated because there was a big independent vote there last week.

It's the hope that gets you.

If the Tories beat Salmond, Lord I might break a rib laughing.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    "First Minister Carwyn Jones has launched Welsh Labour's general election campaign - making no reference to UK party leader Jeremy Corbyn in a speech to activists in Cardiff"

AntiCorbyn spin from the BBC!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,902
    Danny565 said:

I think Banff & Buchan may well drop, it is the most eurosceptic and leave seat in the whole of Scotland. I'm on at 6-1
  • Options
    justin124 said:

justin124 said:

I call bullshit.

yeah sure....
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
    Danny565 said:

That would be Portillo and Balls rolled into one!
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

I think Banff & Buchan may well drop, it is the most eurosceptic and leave seat in the whole of Scotland. I'm on at 6-1
    Where's the 6/1?
  • Options

Danny565 said:

It's the hope that gets you.

If the Tories beat Salmond, Lord I might break a rib laughing.
    Extra bottle of champers on standby. :p
  • Options
    TudorRose said:

Danny565 said:

I've already got the PB headline sorted if that happens

Salmond filleted.
  • Options

TudorRose said:

Danny565 said:

Salmond filleted.
    Your coat, sir.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Danny565 said:

If the Scots Tories have a stellar night on June 8th they might, just might, knock out Angus Robertson. But the main challenger to Salmond last time was a Lib Dem. He really ought to be considered safe.
  • Options
    PaulMPaulM Posts: 613
    Jonathan said:

My gut says this is currently worse for Labour than polls/models predict. I wouldn't be surprised if Labour were closer to 100 seats than 200.

Given this is a betting site, do you have anything more substantive than your gut for people to weigh up when looking at the seats spreads ?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Where's the 6/1?
    Gone most likely.
    Was with Paddy.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Where's the 6/1?
    Gone most likely.
    Was with Paddy.
    Ta.
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
    dr_spyn said:
    If that doesn't prove that tribal politics is just one big merry-go-round then nothing does;
    Burnham effectively took Lloyd's old job on Friday.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:
    Jobs for the Labour party boys on the safe labour job merry go round. Best of luck to Danczuk.
  • Options

'Strong and stable' is narrowly cutting through more than Diane Abbott's ingenious viral campaigning.

Shocked it's only 58%. You really do have to reapt a phrase ad nauseam until we all want to throw up for it to really stick.
  • Options
    RobD said:

TudorRose said:

Danny565 said:

Salmond filleted.
    Your coat, sir.
    As Punmaster General of PB, if not the internet, I'm really wanting to use that.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,625
    FF43 said:

He "invented" capitalism as we understand it now. So, yes, a great economist who influences all of our thinking"
    Seems fairly uncontroversial to state he has influenced us in a great many ways.
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    nunu said:

Shocked it's only 58%. You really do have to reapt a phrase ad nauseam until we all want to throw up for it to really stick.
    That's precisely what happens in US elections with the ads on the TV.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited May 2017
    Pulpstar said:

dr_spyn said:
    Jobs for the Labour party boys on the safe labour job merry go round. Best of luck to Danczuk.
    Tony Lloyd's quite a good candidate, isn't he?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,625

Scott_P said:
    Ah, the fruit basket is full with apples and oranges
    It's beautiful.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    AnneJGP said:

In the 2015 GE, labour set itself a target of 4 million 'conversations with voters' or 'voter contacts' and in the end announced that they managed to have over 5 million.

Has there been an announcement of what the target is this time?
  • Options
    Arthur_PennyArthur_Penny Posts: 198
    An interesting article on Hartlepool in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/08/hartlepool-angry-voters-make-fertile-ground-for-ukip

When will the LDified leaflets go out "Only UKIP can stop the Tories"?
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    BigRich said:

AnneJGP said:

In the 2015 GE, labour set itself a target of 4 million 'conversations with voters' or 'voter contacts' and in the end announced that they managed to have over 5 million.

Has there been an announcement of what the target is this time?

"236......47 trillion.......3639 and a half "
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

Where's the 6/1?
    No longer available. 11/4 is best now available. I struggle to see that as value. Salmond is a tough old campaigner and knows how to lick a Solero. I know these decapitations do sometimes work out, but there is an element of wish-fulfillment in the betting that means the value isn't there.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Pulpstar said:

dr_spyn said:
    Maybe, its still a Labour merry-go-round though.
    I'd like to see Danczuk win.
    For all their bluster none of the other moderates have ripped Corbyn quite like him, and none of them have had the bollocks to run as an independent.
    He's had a few issues, but it's Danczuk for me in Rochdale !

(I've not bet on the seat either way as I have no idea there)
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Justin seems to have rather a lot in common with Prof Nuttall.

You may say what you wish but you really should not assume that others share your apparent desire to live in a world of fantasy and wishful thinking.
    I hace come across Lewis on several occasions in the past - though I live 100 yds over the border in Norwich North.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,217
    kle4 said:

FF43 said:

Seems fairly uncontroversial to state he has influenced us in a great many ways.
    He was the pioneer in identifying the potential weaknesses and downsides of capitalism, for which he deserves credit. but he actually didn't get very far in working out how what followed capitalism would or could work - in essence he identified the problem but not the solution. He has got a raw deal from history as a result of the appalling downsides of other people's solutions to his problems. Academically therefore McDonnell does have a point, despite his comment being appalling politics.

Although I doubt too many Labour waverers watch Marr on a Sunday morning.
  • Options

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/08/hartlepool-angry-voters-make-fertile-ground-for-ukip

I don't find this sort of article all that interesting. Journos constantly trek off to X town knowing exactly what story they want to write. Any halfwit can spend a few hours and find a few anecdotes that allegedly "prove" a point.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,793
    surbiton said:

murali_s said:

On the face of it, there is very little difference between current Tory policies re: Europe and FN in France.
    What's not to like?
  • Options
    PaulM said:

Jonathan said:

Given this is a betting site, do you have anything more substantive than your gut for people to weigh up when looking at the seats spreads ?
    I am deeply pessimistic about Labour's chances and I think Labour could lose 80 seats - that makes it 152. But I feel it will end up at circa 165.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

dr_spyn said:
    Maybe, its still a Labour merry-go-round though.
    I'd like to see Danczuk win.
    For all their bluster none of the other moderates have ripped Corbyn quite like him, and none of them have had the bollocks to run as an independent.
    He's had a few issues, but it's Danczuk for me in Rochdale !

(I've not bet on the seat either way as I have no idea there)
    He threatened to be an independent to try and force them to keep him as Labour nominee, and they have called his bluff. Standing and being defeated is in his financial interest because the exit terms are better for sitting MPs that lose their seats. So I don't really think it demonstrates any confidence or bravado on his part? Even by Labour standards he's not a nice guy.
  • Options

calum said:
    A bit of a rerun of Murphymania !

This was interesting :

http://labourhame.com/the-sturgeon-surge-may-be-over-but-this-is-a-strategy-nearing-completion/
  • Options
    surbiton said:

PaulM said:

Jonathan said:

I am deeply pessimistic about Labour's chances and I think Labour could lose 80 seats - that makes it 152. But I feel it will end up at circa 165.
    Exactly the same forecast as Mr Dale!
  • Options
    Any views on if and how the million new additions to the electoral roll since the announcement of the election will affect the results?

Is this an unusually high number of new signatures? Is this kids (pro-Corbyn), past non-voters (UKIP/Brexiters, Corbyn?) or what? Will they vote and if so how?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

dr_spyn said:
    Safe pair of hands. Would point out though that Rochdale voters in recent times - Danczuk, Rowen, Lorna Fitzsimons, Cyril Smith - have been very partial to candidates from Rochdale. Liz Lynne the exception for one term.

Tony Lloyd is from Manchester.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

I do wonder as to Labour's seat losses.

Regrettably, coming from Merseyside badly taints my opinion of their seat losses. Round here, swings to the 'Tories' are low and just don't happen. I think the only seat that should be lost here is Wirral West (And the UKPR forum for that seat suggests madly enough that Margaret Greenwood might not actually lose it - with a majority of just 417 and supporting Corbyn - she should be toast). Likewise Wirral South should be very much in play but a local friend reports that Alison McGovern is well liked and has built up a personal vote, which along with the Merseyside effect should see her safe.

Wirral South is No. 46 on the Conservative target list. Those on here talking about 'only' 50 seat losses for Labour should see her gone too, but I don't think she will be.

I do suspect that I see a strong local 'We vote Labour because we vote Labour' effect but I also wonder if that won't translate nationally too, to save Labour from a sub 200 seat meltdown.

I was working through the Labour seats earlier from here: http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/ge15/ge15index.htm

I reached 146 that I just could not imagine falling. I had another 26 that I thought Labour were 90% certs to hold. The remainder were the ones at significant risk.

The one caveat is how many Labour supporters will actually get to the booths and vote.

The commitment to vote levels appear to be dreadful in the few demographics where Labour lead. That's what might trigger a deeper collapse.

Probably no group of seats has swung more heavily to Labour over the past 50 years than Merseyside.
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited May 2017

TudorRose said:

Danny565 said:

Salmond filleted.
    I was thinking more along the lines of "Salmond farmed out", which has a certain ring to it doncha think?
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

murali_s said:

What's not to like?
    Even 10 years ago very few people other than Jack Boot skinheads would openly admit to voting BNP.

What UKIP with its EU-bashing agenda has done is give respectability to openly articulate anti foreigner sentiments in the name of immigration. Basically these people are racists and always have been.
  • Options

I don't find this sort of article all that interesting. Journos constantly trek off to X town knowing exactly what story they want to write. Any halfwit can spend a few hours and find a few anecdotes that allegedly "prove" a point.
    The NYT has got into considerable trouble with this in the past few years. There is a belief in the editorial room and on the staff that they 'set the narrative', rather than 'report the news'. Thus, if the news does not fit the narrative set by the NYT, it is not reported. And confirmation bias does not begin to describe the way they collect the evidence for their 'reporting'.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

chestnut said:

Regrettably, coming from Merseyside badly taints my opinion of their seat losses. Round here, swings to the 'Tories' are low and just don't happen. I think the only seat that should be lost here is Wirral West (And the UKPR forum for that seat suggests madly enough that Margaret Greenwood might not actually lose it - with a majority of just 417 and supporting Corbyn - she should be toast). Likewise Wirral South should be very much in play but a local friend reports that Alison McGovern is well liked and has built up a personal vote, which along with the Merseyside effect should see her safe.

Wirral South is No. 46 on the Conservative target list. Those on here talking about 'only' 50 seat losses for Labour should see her gone too, but I don't think she will be.

I do suspect that I see a strong local 'We vote Labour because we vote Labour' effect but I also wonder if that won't translate nationally too, to save Labour from a sub 200 seat meltdown.

I was working through the Labour seats earlier from here: http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/ge15/ge15index.htm

I reached 146 that I just could not imagine falling. I had another 26 that I thought Labour were 90% certs to hold. The remainder were the ones at significant risk.

The one caveat is how many Labour supporters will actually get to the booths and vote.

The commitment to vote levels appear to be dreadful in the few demographics where Labour lead. That's what might trigger a deeper collapse.

Probably no group of seats has swung more heavily to Labour over the past 50 years than Merseyside.
    There was a banner with Corbyn and John McDonnell on the Kop yesterday. Doubt you'd see that many other grounds.
  • Options
    PaulM said:

Pulpstar said:

dr_spyn said:
    Safe pair of hands. Would point out though that Rochdale voters in recent times - Danczuk, Rowen, Lorna Fitzsimons, Cyril Smith - have been very partial to candidates from Rochdale. Liz Lynne the exception for one term.

Tony Lloyd is from Manchester.
    I am sure Mrs Duffy would put the kettle on if any of the candidates fancy a chat about their immigration policy?
  • Options
    Wonder what the BREXIT impact will be on FDI ?

https://twitter.com/HetanShah/status/860945907063418881
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754

TudorRose said:

Danny565 said:

Salmond filleted.
    Cured Salmond

Graved Alax
  • Options

TudorRose said:

Danny565 said:

Salmond filleted.
    Cured Salmond

Graved Alax
    Alex. 'ts all mon!
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

murali_s said:

What's not to like?
    Even 10 years ago very few people other than Jack Boot skinheads would openly admit to voting BNP.

What UKIP with its EU-bashing agenda has done is give respectability to openly articulate anti foreigner sentiments in the name of immigration. Basically these people are racists and always have been.
    And very few people would actually secretly vote BNP in the privacy of the voting booth, either. That's why it isn't a thing any more.

You really ought to consider adopting the wikipedia editorial policy of assuming good faith - in this case, assuming that concern over immigration is actually concern over immigration, not a mask for rabid racial hatred on the part of a contemptible prole which is easily penetrated by your x-ray vision idiot cunning.
  • Options
    PaulM said:

Sean_F said:

chestnut said:

There was a banner with Corbyn and John McDonnell on the Kop yesterday. Doubt you'd see that many other grounds.
    The Labour party is almost a religion up in Liverpool. I'm not knocking it, but Merseyside and Inner London are two places I'm definitely not lumping on the Tories.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    I spot at least 3 cast iron definite peak Nat there time is past moments so far.

https://twitter.com/twitonatrain/status/861648864532725761
  • Options

TudorRose said:

Danny565 said:

Salmond filleted.
    Cured Salmond

Graved Alax
    Or 'Gordon's alive for the Scottish Tories'
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754
    surbiton said:

Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

murali_s said:

What's not to like?

lol

so the suppression of any debate on the issue had nothing to do with it ?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

murali_s said:

What's not to like?

That's good.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,961
    Danny565 said:

The SLab Gordon candidate from 2015, Braden Davy, won't be standing again, as he's now a new intake SCon councillor.

Malcolm Bruce (Baron Bruce of Bennachie to plebs like me), the last LD mp for the constituency, has been quite disobliging about Tessy's UKIP, so I don't think they'll be rolling over.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,932
    Sean_F said:

chestnut said:

My quick glance over the local elections showed that ~20% of the previous labour vote had simply disappeared over the past 5 years.
This discussion has been closed.