Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Britain is among the least lockdown sceptical of 20 European countries – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,234
    Yokes said:

Scott_xP said:

Yokes said:

It could be US govt but possibly private. A number of private initiatives in US trying to get Afghans out has chartered aircraft but has had trouble getting slots at KBL faciliated by the US operation.

Any chance of opening Bagram?
    It was on the mission options the US DoD had, reportedly by initial airdrop to secure it but they decided on a 100% KBL approach. Whether it has any real advantage trying to open it now, I dont know. If for example it was out of sight, allowed KBL to be shut for the evacuation and enabled things to carry on whilst the Taliban got on with pacifying Kabul city then it might still be a consideration.

One of the more curious operations at the moment is the use of the Pakistan embassy as a gathering point for foreign nationals to be transported on to the airport.
    Thanks
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,187
    edited August 2021

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

FFS Drakeford is closer to Starmer than Corbyn

Not sure if I agree with you on that.
    And I second that :)

Drakeford is closer to Corbyn than SKS (with the possible exception of Europe).
    Given Wales is the only part of the UK that voted for Corbyn in either 2017 or 2019 hardly a surprise, Labour did not need to change from Corbynism to win Wales, it does need to change from Corbynism to win England and Scotland however
    It’s not Corbynism, Brownism or Blairism that is suppressing the Labour vote in Scotland. It is British nationalism.
    Labour totals in 1997, 2001 and 2005 in Scotland under Unionist Blair 45.6%, 43.9% and 39.5%. Unionist Brown Labour total in 2010 in Scotland 42%.

Labour totals in Scotland in 2017 and 2019 under Corbyn just 27.1% and 18.6%
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

moonshine said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

As Blair brands Biden's withdrawal 'imbecilic', Boris is reported to have said 'we would be better off with Trump.'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9916221/Blair-brands-Biden-imbecile-unnecessary-decision-quit-Afghanistan.html

Meanwhile Trump said of the withdrawal ''This will go down as one of the greatest military defeats of all time,'' at an Alabama rally as he begins the first steps for his third presidential run in 2024. Though there were some boos when he suggested getting the vaccine

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9916429/Moment-Donald-Trump-BOOED-Alabama-rally-encouraging-supporters-vaccine.html

I am now really worried that he'll be back. This is an absolute gift to him.
    Trump's pushing the vaccine is a notable shift to the centre (his base will vote for him anyway given the alternative of Biden-Harris).

He is clearly going to try and present himself as Reagan to Biden's Carter after the equally disastrous Iran hostages affair, whether it comes off or not we will have to see
    Since he got booed for it, it’s probably even money he doesn’t mention it ever again.
    It was a nod aimed at centrist swing voters not his base, particularly those who voted for him in 2016 but for Biden in 2020 as they thought he would better handle Covid.

He got the newsclip he wanted therefore, as I said his base will vote for him regardless anyway, as he said 'they got their freedoms' under him too
    Trump wont be the GOP nominee. He is a loser at the end of the day.
    As in, how he lost WH 2016? Putting it another way, what if the end of the relevant day is post 2024? Extraordinary claim.
    1) He is a busted flush. 2) The guy might even be dead in 2024. He is ancient and unhealthy after all.

It'll be someone from the GOP's next gen and they might very well win it.
    Busted flush is just swapping metaphors. Very rich 70 something teetotallers are virtually guaranteed to survive into their 90s. People still seem to be turning up to his rallies.

Well that may be your view, but my view is that he won't even run and risk losing the primaries, never mind the election.

Trump is the past, even to the GOP.
    We are a mere 18 months before traditional campaigning would commence for the New Hampshire primary. I have no idea why anyone would be confident Trump won’t be running or why they expect him to be in the ground by then. Denial I suppose.
    Trump lost to an old man with borderline capacity issues who half the Democrats don't even like and who very well could have been beaten by Pete Buttigieg if Iowa could count.

Trump himself is going to be even older with even less energy in 18 months time. Realistically a younger GOPer will catch the zeitgeist, maybe even someone we haven't heard of yet.
    You do talk nonsense at times. I don't detect any absolute decline in senility/energy in him (hard to tell now he's off twitter) and relative to sleepy Joe he looks younger and bouncier by the day.
  • Options
    Repeat of when Ruby Wax met Trump on BBC2 now
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,106
    IshmaelZ said:

moonshine said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

As Blair brands Biden's withdrawal 'imbecilic', Boris is reported to have said 'we would be better off with Trump.'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9916221/Blair-brands-Biden-imbecile-unnecessary-decision-quit-Afghanistan.html

Meanwhile Trump said of the withdrawal ''This will go down as one of the greatest military defeats of all time,'' at an Alabama rally as he begins the first steps for his third presidential run in 2024. Though there were some boos when he suggested getting the vaccine

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9916429/Moment-Donald-Trump-BOOED-Alabama-rally-encouraging-supporters-vaccine.html

Trump's pushing the vaccine is a notable shift to the centre (his base will vote for him anyway given the alternative of Biden-Harris).

He is clearly going to try and present himself as Reagan to Biden's Carter after the equally disastrous Iran hostages affair, whether it comes off or not we will have to see
    Since he got booed for it, it’s probably even money he doesn’t mention it ever again.
    It was a nod aimed at centrist swing voters not his base, particularly those who voted for him in 2016 but for Biden in 2020 as they thought he would better handle Covid.

He got the newsclip he wanted therefore, as I said his base will vote for him regardless anyway, as he said 'they got their freedoms' under him too
    As in, how he lost WH 2016? Putting it another way, what if the end of the relevant day is post 2024? Extraordinary claim.
    1) He is a busted flush. 2) The guy might even be dead in 2024. He is ancient and unhealthy after all.

It'll be someone from the GOP's next gen and they might very well win it.
    Busted flush is just swapping metaphors. Very rich 70 something teetotallers are virtually guaranteed to survive into their 90s. People still seem to be turning up to his rallies.

Well that may be your view, but my view is that he won't even run and risk losing the primaries, never mind the election.

Trump is the past, even to the GOP.
    We are a mere 18 months before traditional campaigning would commence for the New Hampshire primary. I have no idea why anyone would be confident Trump won’t be running or why they expect him to be in the ground by then. Denial I suppose.
    Trump lost to an old man with borderline capacity issues who half the Democrats don't even like and who very well could have been beaten by Pete Buttigieg if Iowa could count.

Trump himself is going to be even older with even less energy in 18 months time. Realistically a younger GOPer will catch the zeitgeist, maybe even someone we haven't heard of yet.
    You do talk nonsense at times. I don't detect any absolute decline in senility/energy in him (hard to tell now he's off twitter) and relative to sleepy Joe he looks younger and bouncier by the day.
    I don't think it's nonsense at all. It's just common sense.

I guess we'll see.

At the end of the day it's important to focus on the next war, not the last war.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Except Biden is giving Trump the oxygen to keep popping up for the next three years saying "They rigged the election - for THIS guy? Jeez...."

He doesn't need to win the argument with Democrats. Just independents.....
    Trump 9/4 fav with bf for the nomination.
    Who is favourite on BF is meaningless, as we all know very well.
    really? have you done a study of bf favs vs actual nominees over a significant number of WH elections? Anyway if you really think that you should be laying the shit out of him at those odds.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    FDA twitter account is a touch fiesty

https://twitter.com/US_FDA/status/1429050070243192839?s=19
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Except Biden is giving Trump the oxygen to keep popping up for the next three years saying "They rigged the election - for THIS guy? Jeez...."

really? have you done a study of bf favs vs actual nominees over a significant number of WH elections? Anyway if you really think that you should be laying the shit out of him at those odds.
    Have you?
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    edited August 2021
    IshmaelZ said:

Toms said:

I gather Trump has recently described the Afghan "retreat" as imbecilic and the worst the world has ever seen, or some such. Ever one to twist truth and logic it may be worth pointing out the he had some input to the problem.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/08/20/trump-peace-deal-taliban/

By the way, is Leon SeanT ?

Yes, if Trump is Tony Blair. It was Blair who said the retreat was based on an imbecilic slogan about "forever wars."
    Well yes. Here is what Trump said (I guess) according to Reuters:

""Biden’s botched exit from Afghanistan is the most astonishing display of gross incompetence by a nation’s leader, perhaps at any time," Trump said at a boisterous rally packed with his supporters near Cullman, Alabama."

I guess Trump likes to use superlatives even for his enemies (I use "enemy" and not "adversary" to keep up the momentum.)
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Have you?
    No, but I haven't made any claim about it in the first place, so the retort just doesn't work, does it? Are you stoned?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Taz said:

Chib is leaving Doctor Who

This is not new news. It’s been known for months. The grapevine is they want a woman replacement and have someone in mind,
    I'm hoping they give it to J. Michael Straczynski.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/doctor-who-j-michael-straczynski-contact-bbc-showrunner-newsupdate/

Although it will be fun to see Doctor Who turned into a rip off of Lord of the Rings.

If you go to the Z'ha'dum...
    MJZ can do broad sweeping ploy struxtire but sone of the dialogue on B5 was absolutely earth shatteringly awful - much of it was savedonly by the straight faced earnest delivery.

Aldo the absolute coup of having Peter Jurasik and Andreas Katsulis just casually filling a couple of key opposed roles with absolute and complete mastery and aplomb.

What Katsulas did with his eyes alone is an acting masterclass in itself.
    They were both utterly brilliant and were my favourite part of the B5 series.
  • Options
    Not sure if this was mentioned already today but with everything else going on I wonder if it might have been missed.

Leicester Mercury claiming it is probable that the Eastern extension of HS2 will not now go ahead.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/hs2-birmingham-leeds-extension-through-5817506
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

Given Wales is the only part of the UK that voted for Corbyn in either 2017 or 2019 hardly a surprise, Labour did not need to change from Corbynism to win Wales, it does need to change from Corbynism to win England and Scotland however
    It’s not Corbynism, Brownism or Blairism that is suppressing the Labour vote in Scotland. It is British nationalism.
    Labour totals in 1997, 2001 and 2005 in Scotland under Unionist Blair 45.6%, 43.9% and 39.5%. Unionist Brown Labour total in 2010 in Scotland 42%.

Proof that you really are one of the three monkeys.
  • Options
    Toms said:

IshmaelZ said:

Toms said:

I gather Trump has recently described the Afghan "retreat" as imbecilic and the worst the world has ever seen, or some such. Ever one to twist truth and logic it may be worth pointing out the he had some input to the problem.

Yes, if Trump is Tony Blair. It was Blair who said the retreat was based on an imbecilic slogan about "forever wars."

""Biden’s botched exit from Afghanistan is the most astonishing display of gross incompetence by a nation’s leader, perhaps at any time," Trump said at a boisterous rally packed with his supporters near Cullman, Alabama."

I I guess Trump likes to use superlatives even for his enemies (I use "enemy" and not "adversary" to keep up the momentum.)
    He can't possibly be at a boisterous rally packed with his supporters, he's a busted flush. Gallowgate said so.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Have you?
    No, but I haven't made any claim about it in the first place, so the retort just doesn't work, does it? Are you stoned?
    You were the one who used 'Trump is favourite on BF' to support your point.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Jeez, the idea that Trump is done sure does upset some people.
  • Options
    On BBC2 right now: Ruby Wax interviews Trump back in 2000.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Toms said:

IshmaelZ said:

Toms said:

I I guess Trump likes to use superlatives even for his enemies (I use "enemy" and not "adversary" to keep up the momentum.)
    He can't possibly be at a boisterous rally packed with his supporters, he's a busted flush. Gallowgate said so.
    No need to take it so personally mate.
  • Options

On BBC2 right now: Ruby Wax interviews Trump back in 2000.

He had a good line 'I love England and I love Scotland, they don't necessarily love each other!'

Ruby now interviewing a younger Melania
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,314
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

What happened under Miliband in 2015?
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Have you?
    You were the one who used 'Trump is favourite on BF' to support your point.
    No I didn't, I was stating the current odds as a matter of general interest on a betting site.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

Even Miliband still got more than Corbyn did in 2019 but Miliband was also left of Blair and Brown
  • Options

Do fuck off. I said a couple of hours ago on this thread that I was *greatly afraid* of Trump making a comeback. If the distinction between what people want to happen and what people think will happen is that opaque to you, I think you may have made an unwise career choice.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,863
    Scott_xP said:

Yokes said:

It could be US govt but possibly private. A number of private initiatives in US trying to get Afghans out has chartered aircraft but has had trouble getting slots at KBL faciliated by the US operation.

Any chance of opening Bagram?
    Not unless they want to restart the conflict.
    Seems unlikely.
  • Options
    I wondwr if any other nation has been subject to more project fear about not locking down than the British? Only way to explain the numbers in this poll. I hope to God the government never again countenances another lockdown.
  • Options

I hope you are right. I fear you might be wrong. I don't wish ill health or death on any man, not even Trump, but I do find myself wishing something could happen that would make him decide not to run. Biden is turning out to be just as rubbish as I feared - even though I still preferred him over Trump.... just.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Nigelb said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

moonshine said:

rcs1000 said:

Foxy said:

Alistair said:

I'd like to know why people think I was predicting 100,000 cases a day?

Multiple people have said that now and they are either entirely misguided or bare faced liars.

We ain't done yet. Let's see what happens in September, though we aren't close to it yet.
    Schools going back (especially as younger cohorts have not been vaccinated in the UK) will act as an accelerant on cases.

I don't think we'll reach 100k/day, but I think it could be pretty close. 100k is - after all - just two doublings from here.

Now, a lot of the growth will be concentrated in the young: but those kids will take Delta back to granny, and that is a risk.

I've been one of the most consistently optimistic posters on here, and I think we'll weather this, but the Autumn could be quite difficult for us.

Random musings:

- I suspect countries that were happy to mix-and-match vaccines will end up doing better this time. We should (and could) have done that.

- I suspect that nasally administered vaccines will turn out to be much more effective in stopping people catching and spreading Delta, as it means that the immune system is primed in the right place.

- Viral load matters - the bigger the dose of the virus you get, the more likely you are to get really sick. And schools full of kids with Delta (plus public transport) are going to be absolutely appalling from that perspective. Expect a lot of teachers / bus drivers to get pretty sick.
    Seems to me that if we’re stubbornly at 30k cases a day now, the most amenable time of the year in every way, it’s almost certain we’ll get to 100k per day before Xmas, with season effect, schools, unis, and the great Back To Work. The only reason I can see that we wouldn’t is if testing rates fall back.

Whether that level of cases matters or not we shall see. Failing to go gangbusters with the boosters will I fear be perhaps the governments gravest mistake so far in all this.
    It is madness that we have vaccines lying around, unused.

People who got Pfizer early on, should be given an AZ booster.
    People who got AZ early on, should be given a Pfizer/Moderna booster.

12-16 year olds whose parents want them to have the vaccine should be vaccinated.

And we should be experimenting with nasally administered boosters. The double positive of nasal administration is that it makes it even easier to adminster, and is less "scary" than a needle.
    Nasal administration is not trivial in vaccine development. It took ages for MedImmune (AstraZeneca) to make FluMist work
    There is a trial ongoing, isn’t there ?
    I think so (from memory).
    Another advantage is the significantly lower dose required.
  • Options

I wondwr if any other nation has been subject to more project fear about not locking down than the British? Only way to explain the numbers in this poll. I hope to God the government never again countenances another lockdown.

Many European countries have had far more severe lockdowns than the UK.
  • Options

"He hasn't gone away, you know!"
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    IshmaelZ said:

Do fuck off. I said a couple of hours ago on this thread that I was *greatly afraid* of Trump making a comeback. If the distinction between what people want to happen and what people think will happen is that opaque to you, I think you may have made an unwise career choice.
    What is wrong with you?

I put forward my point of view, supported with my reasoning, and I've been met by a tirade of abuse from you.

You don't have to agree, and that's okay. Nevertheless, the beauty is that we don't know what's going to happen. We don't know if Trump will run again, if he does, we don't know he will win the primary, and if he does, we don't know if he'll win the election.

There's all manner of events that could happen between then and now and as I've said, I don't think Trump will run, never mind win.

Ultimately I don't really care. America is mental.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

Even Miliband still got more than Corbyn did in 2019 but Miliband was also left of Blair and Brown
    So Corbyn improved on Miliband in 2017? Was that because Jezza was left of Ed?
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,296
    @JRubinBlogger

in NBC poll Afgh is literally nowhere on the list of concerns: Economy/Jobs (26%), Immig (10), covid (7), corruption +healthcare (5)... not even 1 %?? https://kxan.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2021/08/210188-NBC-News-August-Poll-8-22-21-Release.pdf

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1429459553276542976
  • Options
    YokesYokes Posts: 1,203

IshmaelZ said:

A US charter airline startup, Global X, has 2 Airbus planes according to their website. The site says its partners are casinos, cruise lines, resorts and cargo companies. Both planes just flew into kabul from Dushanbe. Who's likely chartering these?

US govt. I have just read they are chartering civvy planes. Will look for source.

edit

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/22/afghanistan-evacuations-commercial-airlines-pentagon
    Though interestingly the US defence department had said this afternoon that they would not be using their chartered planes to actually fly into Kabul, only to fly the refugees on from safe airports outside of Afghanistan so freeing up US military capacity for the Kabul runs.

Given that every plane I have seen fly out of Kabul on the news the last few days has been using anti-missile systems I am surprised if the US military is using aircraft that are not equipped in this manner.
    Chartered civil flights of all sorts of origins for all sorts of end customers have been going in and out throughout the evacuation, even today.
  • Options

When not shutting the border has let various variants flood into this country, it is entertaining that you describe fact as "project fear".
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Do not try this at home…
    Henri has destroyed our nation's largest Ivermectin Factory. The supply should run out in 3 days
    The good news: you can find decent amounts of Ivermectin in the stool of livestock. Four cups of livestock stool = 200mg of Ivermectin. Grab your gun & head to a farm RIGHT NOW

https://twitter.com/HotWeatherTake/status/1429500686019006474

That's bullshit!
    Horseshit.

Is equally effective.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

Corbyn improved on Milliband even more in 2019. What a result! One more heave and then True Socialism comrades!
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,038
    edited August 2021
    "MATTHEW SYED
    In a land with 14 tribes named in its anthem, we were played like a violin
    Liberal democracy was never going to work in Afghanistan, where ethnic affiliation is paramount" (£)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/in-a-land-with-14-tribes-named-in-its-anthem-we-were-played-like-a-violin-z9zqz3n0s
  • Options
    Virological characteristics of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine breakthrough infections in health care workers
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.20.21262158v1
    SARS-CoV-2 vaccines are highly effective at preventing COVID-19-related morbidity and mortality. As no vaccine is 100% effective, breakthrough infections are expected to occur. We analyzed the virological characteristics of 161 vaccine breakthrough infections in a population of 24,706 vaccinated healthcare workers (HCWs), using RT-PCR and virus culture. The delta variant (B.1.617.2) was identified in the majority of cases. Despite similar Ct-values, we demonstrate lower probability of infectious virus detection in respiratory samples of vaccinated HCWs with breakthrough infections compared to unvaccinated HCWs with primary SARS-CoV-2 infections. Nevertheless, infectious virus was found in 68.6% of breakthrough infections and Ct-values decreased throughout the first 3 days of illness. We conclude that rare vaccine breakthrough infections occur, but infectious virus shedding is reduced in these cases.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

What is wrong with you?

I put forward my point of view, supported with my reasoning, and I've been met by a tirade of abuse from you.

You don't have to agree, and that's okay. Nevertheless, the beauty is that we don't know what's going to happen. We don't know if Trump will run again, if he does, we don't know he will win the primary, and if he does, we don't know if he'll win the election.

There's all manner of events that could happen between then and now and as I've said, I don't think Trump will run, never mind win.

I was actually just pointing out the flaws in your reasoning, until you accused me of being "upset that Trump was done." But whatever. To me Trump today looks fair value at 5/1 for WH 2024 (and Biden a clear lay at 10/3).
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,015
    Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Do not try this at home…
    Henri has destroyed our nation's largest Ivermectin Factory. The supply should run out in 3 days
    The good news: you can find decent amounts of Ivermectin in the stool of livestock. Four cups of livestock stool = 200mg of Ivermectin. Grab your gun & head to a farm RIGHT NOW

https://twitter.com/HotWeatherTake/status/1429500686019006474

That's bullshit!
    Horseshit.

Is equally effective.
    Codswallop,

is not.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

Then Corbyn did worse than Miliband in 2019, neither ever did better than Blair or Brown in Scotland
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

Of course, Trump will run.

He is a monster, straight out of the Brothers Grimm. That is what monsters do.

He is like an animal that will roll on its back and pretend to be dead, and then he will rise up and rip your fucking throat out.

Only way Trump is not going to run is if a stake is driven through his shrivelled heart.

And even then, I'd want the corpse burnt, and the ashes put in a trash can, and the trash can towed out to the remotest sea so there is no danger of any of the ash ending up onshore.

And even then, I would not be sure, not really sure ...

• Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

Corbyn improved on Milliband even more in 2019. What a result! One more heave and then True Socialism comrades!
    Not in Scotland he didn't.

Corbyn did better in England than in Scotland in both 2017 and 2019.

Scots it seems hated Corbyn the most of all the home nations in GB
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

Far right Tory advises Scottish Labour to move right. Err… I’m sure they are agog at your insight and wisdom.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,862
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

What is wrong with you?

I was actually just pointing out the flaws in your reasoning, until you accused me of being "upset that Trump was done." But whatever. To me Trump today looks fair value at 5/1 for WH 2024 (and Biden a clear lay at 10/3).
    Yes, if Trump runs I would say 1/3 he wins, and with the nomination I would give him 2/1, so 5/1 on next POTUS looks value.

The second coming would make the first Trump term look sane though.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,470
    edited August 2021

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

Far right Tory advises Scottish Labour to move right. Err… I’m sure they are agog at your insight and wisdom.
    GE    Scots seats %seats Boss

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1979 44/71 61.9% Callaghan
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,245
    "Staffing crisis forces restaurants to partially shut down"

A real mask-slipping in this piece.

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/restaurants-are-closed-some-days-a-week-due-to-a-lack-of-staff.894877

Not a lot of sympathy in the comments section.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

@JRubinBlogger

in NBC poll Afgh is literally nowhere on the list of concerns: Economy/Jobs (26%), Immig (10), covid (7), corruption +healthcare (5)... not even 1 %?? https://kxan.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2021/08/210188-NBC-News-August-Poll-8-22-21-Release.pdf

The situation in Afghanistan was not even an option on concerns list that is why, however 60% disapproved of it when asked
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 4,026
    Percentage of Scots that think HYFUD talks mince - 100%.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,245
    Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

What is wrong with you?

Yes, if Trump runs I would say 1/3 he wins, and with the nomination I would give him 2/1, so 5/1 on next POTUS looks value.

The second coming would make the first Trump term look sane though.
    I don’t doubt he could win. Most sitting republicans are too fearty to try and seriously stop him. Filling his cabinet would be good fun after the Capitol debacle.
  • Options
    Boris Johnson ‘serious’ on delivering tunnel or bridge linking Northern Ireland and Scotland, says former aide

Dominic Cummings described it as “the world’s most stupid tunnel to Ireland”.

However, Mr Johnson’s former communications director Guto Harri believes a ‘Boris Burrow’ or ‘Boris Bridge’ should not be dismissed entirely.

“He wants to maintain the union and he wants to persuade the rest of the world that we're still big players and can build big things - and what would be bigger than a tunnel under the Irish Sea, linking Scotland and Northern Ireland?” he told BBC Radio Ulster’s and Radio Scotland’s Boris’ Tunnel Vision.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/boris-johnson-serious-on-delivering-tunnel-or-bridgelinking-northern-ireland-and-scotland-says-former-aide-40776906.html
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    And what happened in 2014?
  • Options

He is like an animal that will roll on its back and pretend to be dead, and then he will rise up and rip your fucking throat out.

Only way Trump is not going to run is if a stake is driven through his shrivelled heart.

And even then, I'd want the corpse burnt, and the ashes put in a trash can, and the trash can towed out to the remotest sea so there is no danger of any of the ash ending up onshore.

Of course he will run. He may even get the GOP ticket. He may even win the election.

As @Gallowgate said, America is *mental*

Now that we have Trumpers booing Trump for telling them to get the jab, we're all the way through the looking glass and into unstoppable madness.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,954
    tlg86 said:
    I would be interested if there is any way we can track how many people are tripping/being injured from uneven pavements now vs 5 years ago. I always worry that stuff like this is just a few anecdotes reaching the media in a cluster.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,456

Can't fault the logic here.

I have no idea why some on here think he wont run and win the nomination (unless he is dead or in jail). i doubt anyone else will even stand.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,954

They weren't in the poll, but my guess is New Zealand media has been more pro-lockdown than British media, on average.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,410
    edited August 2021
    I have not commented much today as we have a family crisis with my eldest son in Vancouver mental health, but I just have to say listening to Biden 'live' just now he said he thinks there is a G7 meeting next week on Tuesday but I am not sure !!!!!!

It is just so embarrassing but also dangerous
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    Would it have been something to do with Indyref? Still, as long as unionists think that Scots think the 69.5% Brown figure hasn’t changed, I’ll be happy. Please don’t disabuse them!
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,753
    tlg86 said:
    You prefer the use of glyphosate? Sad.
  • Options
    Boris to push Biden to delay Afghan withdrawal
    https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1429544663619457024?s=20
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    55% of Scots voted to stay in the UK
  • Options
    edited August 2021

I have not commented much today as we have a family crisis with my eldest son in Vancouver mental health, but I just have to say listening to Biden 'live' just now he said he thinks there is a G7 meeting next week on Tuesday but I am not sure !!!!!!

LONDON, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Britain plans to push world leaders to consider new sanctions on the Taliban when the G7 meet on Tuesday to discuss the crisis in Afghanistan, sources told Reuters.

Edit: Very sorry to hear your son's news. I think of late you had said things were getting better after some treatment?
  • Options
    edited August 2021

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

Corbyn led Labour to its worst Scottish performance ever at a Westminster election in 2019, by going so far left plenty of moderate Unionist Scots voted Tory or LD in 2019.

The Nationalists of course will keep voting SNP regardless and even Sturgeon is a social democrat ie right of Corbyn, not a socialist like he is
  • Options
    YokesYokes Posts: 1,203
    edited August 2021
    Discussionas underway about extending the current evacuation out of Kabul beyond 31st according to Biden.

It appears the US plan was that they hope the undertanding that they think they have with the Taliban would mean that, even if they called it a day in terms of the military led operation that those eligible would still be allowed out by other means e.g. charters etc would still continue. In effect the Taliban decide 100%.

Seems a stretch somehow.
  • Options

Family comes first. Hope everything works out ok.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    And the EU

• Options
    edited August 2021

It is clear Macron and Boris will have to lead on this Kabul evacuation, Biden is absent effectively and the US President is no longer capable of being leader of the free world
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    Would it have been something to do with Indyref? Still, as long as unionists think that Scots think the 69.5% Brown figure hasn’t changed, I’ll be happy. Please don’t disabuse them!
    You’re right. Sometimes I should just shut my gob and let them continue their blissful existence in La La Land.
  • Options
    Yokes said:

Discussionas underway about extending the current evacuation out of Kabul beyond 31st according to Biden.

It appears the US plan was that they hope the undertanding that they think they have with the Taliban would mean that, even if they called it a day in terms of the military led operation that those eligible would still be allowed out by other means e.g. charters etc would still continue. In effect the Taliban decide 100%.

Seems a stretch somehow.

Does Biden truly believe that there are no foreign jihadis in Afghanistan, who might have a different agenda to the Taliban leadership that went to Qatar?
  • Options

Boris Johnson ‘serious’ on delivering tunnel or bridge linking Northern Ireland and Scotland, says former aide

However, Mr Johnson’s former communications director Guto Harri believes a ‘Boris Burrow’ or ‘Boris Bridge’ should not be dismissed entirely.

“He wants to maintain the union and he wants to persuade the rest of the world that we're still big players and can build big things - and what would be bigger than a tunnel under the Irish Sea, linking Scotland and Northern Ireland?” he told BBC Radio Ulster’s and Radio Scotland’s Boris’ Tunnel Vision.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/boris-johnson-serious-on-delivering-tunnel-or-bridgelinking-northern-ireland-and-scotland-says-former-aide-40776906.html

How many people do you know that want to spend three hours sitting in a tunnel while customs check your car to ensure you’re not importing illegal sausages?
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,372
    moonshine said:

Yokes said:

Seems a stretch somehow.

Does Biden truly believe that there are no foreign jihadis in Afghanistan, who might have a different agenda to the Taliban leadership that went to Qatar?
    Biden's polling (and the Democrats) seems to have stabilised:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

tlg86 said:
    The article does not make any sense.

Chickweed and groundsel and willow herb don't cause pavements to buckle and people to fall over.

The roots of big trees, yes. But, grass and ragwort, no.

The Daily Mail has gone mental with pictures of "huge weeds" taking over Brighton, so there is barely any room for the human population.

https://tinyurl.com/w8sxeve3
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    And the EU

Yes the SNP are still far below the 62% of Scots who voted Remain, in fact the SNP are still under 50%
  • Options

moonshine said:

Yokes said:

Seems a stretch somehow.

It’s not really relevant right now is it. The question is more what they’ll look like if we end up with a cascade of Ken Bigley style videos for the rest of Biden’s presidency due to his ineptitude.
  • Options

moonshine said:

Yokes said:

Seems a stretch somehow.

50% disapprove on the latest Yougov, 50% approve, others find him now under 50% approval
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,997
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    And the EU

Yes the SNP are still far below the 62% of Scots who voted Remain, in fact the SNP are still under 50%
    You, as always, omit the Remainer parties of the Greens, LDs and some of Labour.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    Another HYFUD lie. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/independence-referendum-figures-revealed-majority-5408163
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    What a load of old overwrought bollocks Baptiste is.
    Unfortunately my partner is one of these dogged people who feels that they have to finish what they've started when it comes to tv.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    Another HYFUD lie. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/independence-referendum-figures-revealed-majority-5408163
    More importantly, not every person in Sciotland even voted in the referendum. ,I can't understand why so many people on this site worship him when he is repeatedly caught out in such basic and blatant falsehoods.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    So you are now taking the racist line that anyone not born in Scotland but who lives in Scotland and pays taxes in Scotland should have no vote in Scotland? Nothing but blood and soil nationalism of the BNP school

• Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,899
    Andy_JS said:

"MATTHEW SYED
    Liberal democracy was never going to work in Afghanistan, where ethnic affiliation is paramount" (£)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/in-a-land-with-14-tribes-named-in-its-anthem-we-were-played-like-a-violin-z9zqz3n0s

It has always been the view in much of the West liberal democracy is the best system against the alternatives.

It's easy for societies where that culture has been ingrained after centuries to assume everyone will see it the same way but they don't. Look at China - a much older civilisation but would we consider it democratic or liberal? By our standards, no and China doesn't see it in those terms because that's not what matters to them.

Look at central and eastern Europe after 1918 and parts of Africa and Asia post decolonisation. Attempts to impose western style parliamentary systems on societies with no experience of such systems are doomed to failure.
  • Options

LONDON, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Britain plans to push world leaders to consider new sanctions on the Taliban when the G7 meet on Tuesday to discuss the crisis in Afghanistan, sources told Reuters.

Edit: Very sorry to hear your son's news. I think of late you had said things were getting better after some treatment?
    Thank you but last night he broke down completely in a phone call to me when he described in graphic and horrific detail the sights he witnessed in Christchurch in 2011 when he attended ground zero as a volunteer rescuer

He has PTSD and it has been a difficult weekend, not least as we are so far away
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

@JRubinBlogger

The situation in Afghanistan was not even an option on concerns list that is why, however 60% disapproved of it when asked
    Sure - but the question is how much they care in six months time.
    Neither you nor I know what that will be.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    So you are now taking the racist line that anyone not born in Scotland but who lives in Scotland and pays taxes in Scotland should have no vote in Scotland? Nothing but blood and soil nationalism of the BNP school

But you are yourself lying blatantly about '55% of Scots'. It;s about time you learnt to tell the truth with some precision.
  • Options

What a load of old overwrought bollocks Baptiste is.
    Unfortunately my partner is one of these dogged people who feels that they have to finish what they've started when it comes to tv.

Ruby Wax on BBC2 was far more fun
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    And the EU

You, as always, omit the Remainer parties of the Greens, LDs and some of Labour.
    The LDs are anti independence as are Labour
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn
    And the EU

The LDs are anti independence as are Labour
    You were talking about voting Remain. Stop trying to wriggle out of your lies.

• Options

Thank you but last night he broke down completely in a phone call to me when he described in graphic and horrific detail the sights he witnessed in Christchurch in 2011 when he attended ground zero as a volunteer rescuer

He has PTSD and it has been a difficult weekend, not least as we are so far away
    Sorry to read this. Must be awful not being close to help directly. Hope things improve.
  • Options

tlg86 said:
    Attack of the Superweeds
    Herbicides are losing the war — and agriculture might never be the same again.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/18/magazine/superweeds-monsanto.html
  • Options
    stodge said:

Andy_JS said:

"MATTHEW SYED

It has always been the view in much of the West liberal democracy is the best system against the alternatives.

It's easy for societies where that culture has been ingrained after centuries to assume everyone will see it the same way but they don't. Look at China - a much older civilisation but would we consider it democratic or liberal? By our standards, no and China doesn't see it in those terms because that's not what matters to them.

Look at central and eastern Europe after 1918 and parts of Africa and Asia post decolonisation. Attempts to impose western style parliamentary systems on societies with no experience of such systems are doomed to failure.
    We did not invade to turn it into a western style democracy, or even to remove the Taliban, we mainly invaded to remove Al Qaeda and kill Bin Laden
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn

But you are yourself lying blatantly about '55% of Scots'. It;s about time you learnt to tell the truth with some precision.
    So you too are a blood and soil nationalist.

Anyone not born in Scotland does not count as a Scot nor should they have any say in Scottish affairs even if they live in Scotland.

That is racism, pure and simple
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

Corbyn led Labour to its worst Scottish performance ever at a Westminster election in 2019, by going so far left plenty of moderate Unionist Scots voted Tory or LD in 2019.

The Nationalists of course will keep voting SNP regardless and even Sturgeon is a social democrat ie right of Corbyn, not a socialist like he is
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn

Anyone not born in Scotland does not count as a Scot nor should they have any say in Scottish affairs even if they live in Scotland.

We need to discuss this over a pint, in Cumbria, in Cyclefree’s daughter’s pub, with assorted PBers as witnesses and jury. Any volunteers for the jury?
  • Options
    AslanAslan Posts: 1,673
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn

What? Are you claiming immigrants to Scotland are not Scottish?
  • Options

Puddled.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn

I was pointing out that the 55% figure is not "55% of Scots" in your [edit] wording but 55% of those who actually voted in the referendum. Which is a smaller figure than those entitled to vote in Scotland. And smaller still than the population of Scotland. And tha is before one includes such as Mr Gove.

I demand an apology from you.
  • Options
    AslanAslan Posts: 1,673
    HYUFD said:

stodge said:

Andy_JS said:

"MATTHEW SYED

We did not invade to turn it into a western style democracy, or even to remove the Taliban, we mainly invaded to remove Al Qaeda and kill Bin Laden
    And we did that a decade ago. We should have left then.
  • Options
    Aslan said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

valleyboy said:

1970 44/71 61.9% Wilson
    1974F 40/71 56.3% Wilson
    1974O 41/71 57.7% Wilson
    1983 41/72 56.9% Foot
    1987 50/72 69.4% Kinnock
    1992 49/72 68.1% Kinnock
    1997 56/72 77.8% Blair
    2001 56/72 77.8% Blair

2005 41/59 69.5% Blair
    2010 41/59 69.5% Brown
    2015 1/59 1.6% Miliband
    2017 7/59 11.9% Corbyn
    2019 1/59 1.6% Corbyn

What? Are you claiming immigrants to Scotland are not Scottish?
    No: just that those who voteds in the referendum is a smaller number than the population of Scotland, voting or otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.