Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

Good evening from Sheffield. On my way home from two very productive days of meetings in southern England, had organised a night out tonight with former colleagues. Got pulled mid-afternoon as colleagues new boss has contracted Covid and has spent the last week insisting everyone be in so he can "press the flesh!"

Have people forgotten how bloody stubborn Covid is? Some of the people now isolating have been double jabbed - can they still pass it on to other people even if it doesn't make them ill?

It's very stubborn, and AFAIK vaccinated and asymptomatic persons can still pass it on, albeit that this is less likely.

However, this whole business of isolating a load of contacts every time someone tests positive is going to have to be knocked on the head at some point in the not-too-distant future, if the vision of learning to live with the virus is to be realised.

The first jabs should effectively be done for all who are willing to receive them - and with several weeks to spare for them to become effective - by the time the schools go back (even in Scotland, where this happens earlier.) So should the vast bulk of the seconds. That would be a sensible time to get rid of self-isolation - maybe with some additional testing to be used instead? Not sure it's even worth bothering with that for schoolchildren.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    On the topic of "sociology" — it has literally always been bollocks. It has nowt to do with "woke".
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,689
    darkage said:

TOPPING said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

My older daughter, all of15, just schooled me on the use of non-binary pronouns

Is she aware of the damaging effects of gendering animals?

https://twitter.com/butnotthecity/status/1408046565395251204

Gendering animals serves to normalise bioessentialist conceptions of gender. When we gender animals, we forget that sex is assigned. We begin to believe that sex is literally ~in~ the body.
    omFFFFFg

In my defence I told my older daughter, quite firmly, that this violent identity politics of race/gender is a madness which we will look back on, with amazement, in a decade or two

She scoffed, and returned to her Sociology GCSE Revision

She'll probably ace it. She's Woke, but she's smart
    Since when did you need to be smart to ace Sociology?

Being Woke is the sole qualification.

In fact, being smart might be a hindrance. You might just realise it’s all a load of bullshit.
    Leon's daughter is doing sociology GCSE. You've just said she doesn't have to be smart just woke thereby negating a whole academic discipline.

The sooner you fuck off out of teaching the better.
    A lot of people in teaching and academia have doubts about sociology and similar subjects.

Sociology is fascinating, but it is qualitative like literature, philosophy or theology rather than quantitive. It is a way of understanding societies or cultures rather than anything more scientific, or grounded in reality like history.

It is a subject worthy of serious thought and interest, but marking is inevitably fairly subjective. I did medical sociology as a second year subject, and it did give me a lot of insight into the art and craft of medicine, as opposed to the science. Both have a part to play.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,290

geoffw said:

Leon said:

It came from the lab. It was very possibly engineered to be more pathogenic for humans

"These findings show that the earliest known SARS-CoV-2 isolates were surprisingly well adapted to bind strongly to human ACE2, helping explain its efficient human to human respiratory transmission. "

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-92388-5

Aussies are already personae non gratae for China. This will confirm that.

Hence even if SARS-CoV-2 did originally arise from a bat precursor virus, which remains unproven, it must have spent considerable time in an intermediate animal host to allow it to adapt its S protein sufficiently to then be able to bind human ACE2. There are currently no explanations for how or where such a transition could have occurred to generate a SARS-CoV-2 spike protein optimised for human ACE2.
    ... ... . . .
    To date, a virus directly related to SARS-CoV-2 has not been identified in bats or any other non-human species, leaving its origins unclear.
    As I read it, it is essentially shouting LAB! but without being totally explicit.
    It also entirely refutes one of the main theses in the notorious Andersen paper in Nature in early 2020, which was cobbled together by Fauci a few days after Anderson told Fauci (in a private email) that he actually suspected the virus was bio-engineered

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fauci-email-bolsters-the-lab-leak-theory-11622830092
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,006
    edited June 2021
    geoffw said:

Leon said:

It came from the lab. It was very possibly engineered to be more pathogenic for humans

"These findings show that the earliest known SARS-CoV-2 isolates were surprisingly well adapted to bind strongly to human ACE2, helping explain its efficient human to human respiratory transmission. "

Hence even if SARS-CoV-2 did originally arise from a bat precursor virus, which remains unproven, it must have spent considerable time in an intermediate animal host to allow it to adapt its S protein sufficiently to then be able to bind human ACE2. There are currently no explanations for how or where such a transition could have occurred to generate a SARS-CoV-2 spike protein optimised for human ACE2.
    ... ... . . .
    To date, a virus directly related to SARS-CoV-2 has not been identified in bats or any other non-human species, leaving its origins unclear.
    Hang on, the Yunnan bat virus bound to the human ACE2 in the lungs.

Now, that doesn't answer the question of the origin of this, but the fact that a previously identified bat virus did exactly that means that there can't be no explanations.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,308
    Not feeling good tonight whilst in Edinburgh. Called 111 and waited 55 minutes for call to be answered. Was then told that paramedics were being sent. That was an hour ago. No sign.

Really wish I was home in my own bed 😢
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    they’ve literally just added to the holidays green list “British Antarctic Territory”, where it’s currently -63’C but feels like -85’C
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    Foxy said:

darkage said:

TOPPING said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Gendering animals serves to normalise bioessentialist conceptions of gender. When we gender animals, we forget that sex is assigned. We begin to believe that sex is literally ~in~ the body.
    omFFFFFg

In my defence I told my older daughter, quite firmly, that this violent identity politics of race/gender is a madness which we will look back on, with amazement, in a decade or two

In fact, being smart might be a hindrance. You might just realise it’s all a load of bullshit.
    Leon's daughter is doing sociology GCSE. You've just said she doesn't have to be smart just woke thereby negating a whole academic discipline.

A lot of people in teaching and academia have doubts about sociology and similar subjects.

Sociology is fascinating, but it is qualitative like literature, philosophy or theology rather than quantitive. It is a way of understanding societies or cultures rather than anything more scientific, or grounded in reality like history.

It is a subject worthy of serious thought and interest, but marking is inevitably fairly subjective. I did medical sociology as a second year subject, and it did give me a lot of insight into the art and craft of medicine, as opposed to the science. Both have a part to play.
    I think it gets pretty scientific where social psychology and neurobiology start to come together.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Leon said:

geoffw said:

Leon said:

... ... . . .
    The allergic, histrionic, and paranoid reaction of the CCP, plus Daszak, Fauci, et al, at the early stage of this crisis, is entirely explicable if you know what they suspected then: that the virus not only escaped from the lab, it was a lab-leaked virus which had been engineered to be more pathogenic for humanity

Accidental lab leaks of natural viruses happen. Sad, but true. They happen all over the world. The UK nearly relaunched smallpox on homo sapiens

If this, it turns out, is what happened in China, people will be sad, and upset, but ultimately understanding

But a leak of a virus that was deliberately and controversially remade, via gain of function research, to be exceptionally evil and nasty? Thus killing millions?

No one will forgive that. It is the kind of thing that starts wars. This is maybe why Fauci and Xi and their friends are totally freaking out

Isn't the lad in Wuhan in partnership with somewhere in the US?
    Worse than that, the Wuhan lab's gain-of-function research - which is the most controversial bit (making viruses nastier for humans) was explicitly funded by Fauci via the NIH. Despite an Obama ban on such controversial science in 2014

Basically, some crazed American scientists wanted to do this very dangerous research, but they decided to off-shore it to China, to avoid the political and medical risk at home

A thousand lessons, there
  • Options
    GnudGnud Posts: 298
    Charles said:

Charles said:

Andy_JS said:

Charles said:

GB News wonderful interview at the moment

Who with?
    Roger Hallam.

He’s very disarming.
    "Between at least 2017 and early 2019 he was studying for a PhD at King's College London, researching how to achieve social change through civil disobedience and radical movements."

Sounds more autobiographical than independent research.
    Sure. But it would be fun to have a drink with him. He seems a nice guy and refreshing direct
    I'd advise looking in to Extinction Rebellion's background. The easily documented line goes to Rising Up, Compassionate Revolution, and The Exchange, Stroud. Also those characters who dress up in red robes and look like ghosts...that all has a meaning.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Not feeling good tonight whilst in Edinburgh. Called 111 and waited 55 minutes for call to be answered. Was then told that paramedics were being sent. That was an hour ago. No sign.

That bites. Nothing like being at home when you feel poorly. Best wishes
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,579
    edited June 2021
    ping said:

Ffs. There’s now a “green watch list”

Keep it simple

Green and red.

Police still keeping an eye on Extinction Rebellion?

Goodoh.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    DavidL said:

Sending my best wishes!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    DavidL said:

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,197
    DavidL said:

Sorry to hear that David. Take it easy - hopefully you feel better soon.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited June 2021
    I think DLS has made England chase easier. On a difficult pitch / low scoring game and already 4 down, getting you over 20% closer to the target is an advantage.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Ugh, mate. Are you ill? Is it Covid?!

God speed
  • Options
    GnudGnud Posts: 298
    edited June 2021

ClippP said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

omFFFFFg

I always thought history was just sociology set somewhere in the past. Apart from the kings, and dates and battles stuff, which was rather boring really..
    I remember from my 'O' level history (Oxford and Cambridge Board 1978) revising the "scramble for Africa" which as I recall was all about how Leopold's brutally took the Congo and what a bad man he was. Looking back it was 24 carat gold wokery. Leopold cancelled! Boris and Priti would despair.
    Did the O&C syllabus mention William Lever (Viscount Leverhulme) who ran his own extremely nasty set-up in the Congo under Leopold? Adam Hochschild's book "Lord Leverhulme's Ghosts" is highly recommended.

I was disgusted when Esther McVey praised Lever to the skies. This has nothing to do with "wokery" or "political correctness" or "being a trendy lefty" to use some of its predecesssor terms.
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,770

they’ve literally just added to the holidays green list “British Antarctic Territory”, where it’s currently -63’C but feels like -85’C

Do you have to eat your restaurant meals outdoors over there at the moment?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

If whatever's ailing you was deemed serious enough for paramedics to (supposedly) be despatched in the first place, then have you considered simply calling 999 to get them to hurry up?
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,250
    DavidL said:

Not good! Back to your hotel? Or if really bad is there a walk-in centre?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

geoffw said:

Cookie said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

omFFFFFg

Are you sure that 'she' is the correct pronoun?
    Yes. Because my other daughter is "they"

I have been re-educated
    'They' as a pronoun for a person annoys me greatly. Fine, decide to be a different sex. Whatever. But you can't decide to identify as plural.
    Would you care to suggest an alternative? An individual of unknown gender. And please don't suggest (s)he.
    In Sweden the new personal pronoun ‘hen’ is now common. So common I’ve almost stopped noticing it.

Hon = she
    Han = he
    Hen = either or neither
    In Finland there is no distinction in pronouns by sex. "Hän" means both he and she. Also "se" (it) is used informally. This leads to very common mistakes in English. Often "she" is used to refer to a male person because it sounds like their own pronoun for "it".

Or in Ancient Hebrew, of course. Which caused more than a few confusing problems translating the Bible.

And with that, good night.
    I think there were 6 genders in ancient hebrew:

https://www.yonathanreches.com/the-six-genders-in-jewish-law/
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,259
    darkage said:

TOPPING said:

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

omFFFFFg

Howard Kirk says 'hi'.
  • Options

Do you have to eat your restaurant meals outdoors over there at the moment?
    Indoors, but in groups of no more than six - and making sure to put your mask on if you need to visit the igloo.
  • Options
    Ten Russians detained in Chad desert in military zone say they are tourists looking at the Sahara. I guess the spires of Salisbury cathedral have lost their lustre https://t.co/IjGfI55QRt
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,308
    Leon said:

DavidL said:

God speed
    Don't think so. I have had both jabs, the second on the 12th so I should be ok. I have pains in my chest, I'm hot and extremely tired.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244
    Leon said:

geoffw said:

Leon said:

... ... . . .
    The allergic, histrionic, and paranoid reaction of the CCP, plus Daszak, Fauci, et al, at the early stage of this crisis, is entirely explicable if you know what they suspected then: that the virus not only escaped from the lab, it was a lab-leaked virus which had been engineered to be more pathogenic for humanity

Accidental lab leaks of natural viruses happen. Sad, but true. They happen all over the world. The UK nearly relaunched smallpox on homo sapiens

If this, it turns out, is what happened in China, people will be sad, and upset, but ultimately understanding

But a leak of a virus that was deliberately and controversially remade, via gain of function research, to be exceptionally evil and nasty? Thus killing millions?

No one will forgive that. It is the kind of thing that starts wars. This is maybe why Fauci and Xi and their friends are totally freaking out

I don’t know anyone irl that wants to acknowledge this, because they like Chimerica and the symbiotic relationship of American innovation and cheap Chinese production.

They’ve overlooked Tibet, Xinjiang “re-education” camps and the annexation of Hong Kong. They won’t give a shit about this either, because they are allergic to the consequences of doing so.

It’s not dissimilar to uap’s. “I don’t want this to be true so I’ll contort it away, until I can’t, at which point I will simply choose not to think about it”. Brains are weird.
  • Options
    FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,891
    edited June 2021
    Leon said:

geoffw said:

Leon said:

... ... . . .

Didn't we leak Foot and Mouth from Pirbright? It happens, even though it shouldn't.

But deliberately seeing if you can make the Satan Bug? Why do it? Even if it doesn't escape.

Perhaps now we've seen it doesn't have to take 10 years to develop a vaccine to a novel virus the perceived need for this kind of research will disappear. Just as we don't feel the need to let off hydrogen bombs any more, just to see what happens*

*Excepting rogue states
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,259
    ((Dan Hodges)))
    @DPJHodges
    ·
    1h
    Anneliese Dodds finally goes for Galloway. And it’s on this. Why don’t Labour just pull out of Batley and save the money.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,314

On the topic of "sociology" — it has literally always been bollocks. It has nowt to do with "woke".

You've got that one wrong but it's quite fun to spout off like that I accept. Unless you're actually a teacher, obvs.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,171
    BigRich said:

geoffw said:

Cookie said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

omFFFFFg

I have been re-educated
    'They' as a pronoun for a person annoys me greatly. Fine, decide to be a different sex. Whatever. But you can't decide to identify as plural.
    Would you care to suggest an alternative? An individual of unknown gender. And please don't suggest (s)he.
    In Sweden the new personal pronoun ‘hen’ is now common. So common I’ve almost stopped noticing it.

Hon = she
    Han = he
    Hen = either or neither
    In Finland there is no distinction in pronouns by sex. "Hän" means both he and she. Also "se" (it) is used informally. This leads to very common mistakes in English. Often "she" is used to refer to a male person because it sounds like their own pronoun for "it".

If I recall correctly from the Finn, I lived with at university, the finish language has the smallest number of words of any European language and one of the smallest in the would.

It depends how you count them. Finnish words are often combined to make new compound words, as in German but more so. Also though they have few prepositions they do have 14 cases for nouns.
  • Options
    Vaccines: yet more good news!

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    DavidL said:

Hope you are soon feeling better and hope the meds check you over soon
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,292
    DavidL said:

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Vaccines: yet more good news!

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

And how many of the 150 were 90+ years old with a host of other conditions?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,314
    DavidL said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

God speed
    Don't think so. I have had both jabs, the second on the 12th so I should be ok. I have pains in my chest, I'm hot and extremely tired.
    Fuck. Wishing you well go to the hospital. Immediately.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,449

algarkirk said:

Cookie said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

omFFFFFg

I have been re-educated
    'They' is acceptable for an unknown person, because 'it', the gender neutral pronoun is impolite. But 'they' for a known person is dismissive and less polite than he (or she). I suppose this is true for up to recently for most, but older ones are entitled to keep their grammar and vocabulary in general.

People sometimes use "it" for babies. Such as "When is it due?". Doesn't seem right to me.
    Once upon a time, he was used either for a male or an unknown. Hence, we still happily call animals he unless we know otherwise.
    I do agree this is potentially confusing.
    But 8t shouldn't be taken as rude.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

geoffw said:

Leon said:

... ... . . .
    Hang on, the Yunnan bat virus bound to the human ACE2 in the lungs.

Now, that doesn't answer the question of the origin of this, but the fact that a previously identified bat virus did exactly that means that there can't be no explanations.
    Did you read the article?

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,481
    DavidL said:

Call 999!
  • Options
    moonshine said:

Leon said:

geoffw said:

Leon said:

... ... . . .

I don’t know anyone irl that wants to acknowledge this, because they like Chimerica and the symbiotic relationship of American innovation and cheap Chinese production.

They’ve overlooked Tibet, Xinjiang “re-education” camps and the annexation of Hong Kong. They won’t give a shit about this either, because they are allergic to the consequences of doing so.

It’s not dissimilar to uap’s. “I don’t want this to be true so I’ll contort it away, until I can’t, at which point I will simply choose not to think about it”. Brains are weird.
    I am reminded of a PB-er - when we were discussing UFOs - who said, and I hope I quote correctly "even if one landed on my back garden I would not believe in them"

As you say, human brains are wildly resistant to uncomfortable truths, and will contort into believing obvious falsehoods, so as to avoid them
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Best wishes to get better soon.

• Options

DavidL said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

God speed
    Thats 999 mate not 111
    Agreed @DavidL - I have as good as no medical knowledge but you don't sound at all well. Call an ambulance and get them to cart you straight off to the infirmary. You're not going to get tutted at for being a time-waster if you're obviously poorly, though FWIW I wouldn't worry about such petty concerns anyway.

Emergency services are there for a reason. Use them.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

God speed
    Doesn't sound great. Hie thee via an Uber to A&E. Get it checked. Good luck
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344
    geoffw said:

DavidL said:

Best wishes to get better soon.

Yes, very best wishes, David - deo let us know how you're getting on.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Get well soon David. Take care of yourself.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344

DavidL said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

God speed
    Thats 999 mate not 111
    Agreed - ring 999 NOW
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Emergency services are pretty busy at present, at least in England. If you can get to ED under your own steam, then adviseable to do so. There may be a wait but help is there if needed.

Best wishes
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    Leon said:

Leon said:

geoffw said:

Leon said:

... ... . . .

Worse than that, the Wuhan lab's gain-of-function research - which is the most controversial bit (making viruses nastier for humans) was explicitly funded by Fauci via the NIH. Despite an Obama ban on such controversial science in 2014

Basically, some crazed American scientists wanted to do this very dangerous research, but they decided to off-shore it to China, to avoid the political and medical risk at home

When you say 'explicitly Funded' do you mean he pushed for it? or it was one of thousands of projects that he authorised?
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Agree with the others: Chest pains is 999 David. Look after yourself.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    BigRich said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

geoffw said:

Leon said:

... ... . . .

When you say 'explicitly Funded' do you mean he pushed for it? or it was one of thousands of projects that he authorised?
    He personally pushed for it

See here in 2012 (long before Trump) Fauci admits this research is contentious, and dangerous, yet he wants it
    edit for next thread
  • Options
    darkagedarkage Posts: 4,797

DavidL said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

God speed
    Thats 999 mate not 111
    Agreed @DavidL - I have as good as no medical knowledge but you don't sound at all well. Call an ambulance and get them to cart you straight off to the infirmary. You're not going to get tutted at for being a time-waster if you're obviously poorly, though FWIW I wouldn't worry about such petty concerns anyway.

Emergency services are there for a reason. Use them.
    I once got repatriated by my insurance company after an accident overseas. They took me to A and E in a taxi from the airport. At the hospital I was told by triage at the door to go home and call my GP. I told them no and that I would wait to see a doctor. The doctor then told me to go home and see a GP. I then went to another A and E, the doctor realised that I had broken my leg and it required immediate corrective surgery. Sometimes you just have to keep pushing them to do something.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,003
    edited June 2021
    TOPPING said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

God speed
    Fuck. Wishing you well go to the hospital. Immediately.
    Pains in your chest = hospital NOW

Best wishes
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,545

algarkirk said:

Cookie said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

omFFFFFg

I have been re-educated
    'They' is acceptable for an unknown person, because 'it', the gender neutral pronoun is impolite. But 'they' for a known person is dismissive and less polite than he (or she). I suppose this is true for up to recently for most, but older ones are entitled to keep their grammar and vocabulary in general.

People sometimes use "it" for babies. Such as "When is it due?". Doesn't seem right to me.
    Agree. It is politer not to use pronouns much for unborn gender unknown babies. 'When is the baby due' does fine. I said it this afternoon from my car window. And expectant mothers are due quite a bit of care and consideration over little things.

• Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,449

Alistair said:

I'm confused about these violent woke gender identity politics peeps.

Are they trying to abolish gender in an affront to nature removing it as an identity or are they trying to violently enforce gender?

It is all so confusing.

Those militantly in opposition to such people are just as obsessed with gender. For example @Cookie is “annoyed greatly” when someone doesn’t gender their language around them. Good grief.
    @Gallowgate - No, I am annoyed greatly by the use of the word They to decribe one person. It's a plural. It leads to clunky and awful language. You can't call one person 'they'.
This discussion has been closed.