Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

A Trump branded TV channel being by the end of next month? – politicalbetting.com

123457»

Comments

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    HYUFD said:
    Remain. A 70's Black Forest Cherry gateau.

Says it all.....
  • Options

HYUFD said:
    Remain. A 70's Black Forest Cherry gateau.

Says it all.....
    Says yes please to me. The rest look pretty naff it has to be said.
  • Options

Crabbie said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:
    All that is missing from the top picture is the EU telling you exactly how much of that cake you can have and when you can eat it.
    Since we baked the cake together, it was pretty fair to decide how to share it together. No we have no cake and no say.
    No we will have paid for more of the ingredients than basically everybody else involved and then told by 27 other people to take less than our fair share.
    Sometimes we took more, sometimes we took less. But we baked a good cake together and we were all better off.

Now we’re alone refusing to play, having a little strop about not getting what we want all the time and how everything is just soooo unfair. Everyone looks on in pity and mild befuddlement.
    When did we EVER take more than our fair share?
    Maggie managed to negotiate a hefty rebate,,,

Which still left us paying more than our share.
    MT didn’t think so at the time. And at the time I thought she managed to get us a damn good deal.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,131
    kinabalu said:

Pulpstar said:

Roger said:

Guilliani contacting covid is unfortunate but you'd need a heart of stone not to find it funny

Laughing at somebody getting a virus that causes painful death and multiple organ failure at a reasonable level among their demographic, what a charmer you are.
    He's tried to turn the USA into a dictatorship. Deserves to suffer.
    Yes I class him as a true villain not just a politician I disagree with.
    To be fair to him he also slashed crime in New York as Mayor and a Prosecutor and rallied the city after 9/11, I think he can be excused acting as counsel to the President
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,780
    edited December 2020
    Breaking news. President Macron has just issued this message to the British peasants.

"Let them eat (their) cake. And have it!"
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,519
    If this deal doesn't come soon, I fear we will face severe shortages of hackneyed metaphors for Remainers to use to describe how awful Brexit will be. Some posts we're seeing are using up to three different hackneyed metaphors, and it's unrealistic to expect domestic supply to meet that sort of demand in the long term. How long will it be before we see queues at Dover and riots in the streets?
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561
    edited December 2020
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Pulpstar said:

Roger said:

Guilliani contacting covid is unfortunate but you'd need a heart of stone not to find it funny

Laughing at somebody getting a virus that causes painful death and multiple organ failure at a reasonable level among their demographic, what a charmer you are.
    To be fair to him he also slashed crime in New York as Mayor and a Prosecutor and rallied the city after 9/11, I think he can be excused acting as counsel to the President
    Similar falls in crime happened in many other American cities at the time, and the big rise in police numbers was agreed under his predecessor - he got the benefit of it.

But I can't dislike Giuliani as a lawyer representing his client. And doing a pretty mediocre job of it.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,320
    edited December 2020
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Pulpstar said:

Roger said:

It's certainly a sad decline. And I think flunky rather than counsel. Although who is exploiting who is an interesting question.
  • Options

If this deal doesn't come soon, I fear we will face severe shortages of hackneyed metaphors for Remainers to use to describe how awful Brexit will be. Some posts we're seeing are using up to three different hackneyed metaphors, and it's unrealistic to expect domestic supply to meet that sort of demand in the long term. How long will it be before we see queues at Dover and riots in the streets?

They'll be fine - expect them to be sent aid packages of hand-me-down French ones.....delivered by unemployed French fishermen.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    He is another one who knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
  • Options
    Crabbie said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:
    All that is missing from the top picture is the EU telling you exactly how much of that cake you can have and when you can eat it.
    Since we baked the cake together, it was pretty fair to decide how to share it together. No we have no cake and no say.
    No we will have paid for more of the ingredients than basically everybody else involved and then told by 27 other people to take less than our fair share.
    Sometimes we took more, sometimes we took less. But we baked a good cake together and we were all better off.

Now we’re alone refusing to play, having a little strop about not getting what we want all the time and how everything is just soooo unfair. Everyone looks on in pity and mild befuddlement.

An acknowledgment that we had been shafted since Heath.

And then Blair pissed it up a wall for five magic beans.
  • Options
    Crabbie said:

Crabbie said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:

Which still left us paying more than our share.
    MT didn’t think so at the time. And at the time I thought she managed to get us a damn good deal.
    She only had to sell out the fishermen a liddle bit
  • Options
    What are the chances that the UK and the EU finally agree a deal - only for Hungary and Poland to say "nope" and use their veto.....
  • Options

What are the chances that the UK and the EU finally agree a deal - only for Hungary and Poland to say "nope" and use their veto.....

Near zero, Germany, Austria and Eastern Europe are most pro a Deal, France, Spain and the Benelux nations most pushing no concessions to the UK
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,519

They'll be fine - expect them to be sent aid packages of hand-me-down French ones.....delivered by unemployed French fishermen.
    Thank goodness there's some sort of plan. Otherwise a cliff-edge situation could happen where they run out totally, and it becomes necessary to deploy, facts, figures, and reasoned arguments.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Fishing said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Pulpstar said:

Roger said:

Similar falls in crime happened in many other American cities at the time, and the big rise in police numbers was agreed under his predecessor - he got the benefit of it.

But I can't dislike Giuliani as a lawyer representing his client. And doing a pretty mediocre job of it.
    In the 1990s violent crime fell by 56% in New York city under Giuliani's Mayoralty compared to only 28% across the US as a whole, property crimes fell by 65% in the city but only 26% nationally.

https://www.nber.org/digest/jan03/what-reduced-crime-new-york-city

New York city was in many parts a violent crime ridden hellhole under his predecessors Mayors Ed Koch and David Dinkins, especially once you got outside the most wealthy bits of Manhattan and towards the Bronx and it was not safe to walk alone at night in many parts, Giuliani changed that
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Pulpstar said:

Roger said:

Crime fell for 3 years in a row before he took power.
This discussion has been closed.