Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

It shouldn’t be long before WH2020 bets are settled – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options

Is it me, or is Boris usually good/competent tonight?

Better than usual - but I can't shake the feeling that after this he's going to go upstairs, order a pizza and start watching a box set - leaving the boxes "for later".....
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,311
    edited November 2020

He has his moments. Unfortunately, to be PM, you need to be like this 80-90% of the time, not 10-20% of the time.
    There might be chinks of light for Boris

Vaccine on the horizon

Shares climate change views with Joe Biden and international security

Deal with the EU probable

I remain sceptical about his medium term chances of holding onto his Premiership but I doubt he is going to quickly hand over the keys

• Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,976
    Save Christmas, hug your Granny, special pleading for London.
    House!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969

I think he's good at the good news, less so with the bad news.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    Andy_JS said:
    It's amazing how many arguments, on all sorts of topics, aren't about the destination or even the path but where we are now. Are there people advocating for lockdown continuing after "it is safely possible [to end it] and reduce the damage to businesses and people's wellbeing"? That's not the disagreement. The disagreement is what 'It is safely possible to end lockdown' means and whether or not we are at/very near that stage right now.
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

He has his moments. Unfortunately, to be PM, you need to be like this 80-90% of the time, not 10-20% of the time.
    We've just gone from global gloom without end to a distinct ray of light on the horizon. Boris has always been a lucky general, and this news has come just in time to propel him back into the fray. By next Spring, he'll be riding a wave of genuine national optimism, and speaking personally, I can't wait.

Say not the struggle nought availeth,
    The labour and the wounds are vain,
    The enemy faints not, nor faileth,
    And as things have been they remain.

If hopes were dupes, fears may be liars;
    It may be, in yon smoke concealed,
    Your comrades chase e'en now the fliers,
    And, but for you, possess the field.

For while the tired waves, vainly breaking
    Seem here no painful inch to gain,
    Far back through creeks and inlets making,
    Comes silent, flooding in, the main.

And not by eastern windows only,
    When daylight comes, comes in the light,
    In front the sun climbs slow, how slowly,
    But westward, look, the land is bright!
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2020

Yes. I am convinced he suffers long covid. Start of the week, 30 mins, upbeat news to report, he is ok. I bet by Wednesday, he will be low energy again, and getting a duffing up by Starmer.

Anytime he has to do more than 30 mins, especially after obviously had a busy day, you see him go downhill rapidly.

And of course peak performance Boris wasn't exactly known as stellar details man.
  • Options

If someone can explain QAnon to me (to the extent it is explainable) please do feel free. I don’t understand a thing of it aside from Trump being our saviour from paedophiles, or something.

Basically, the Liberal establishment is peopled by Satan-worshipping cannibalistic paedophiles, and Donald has been sent by God to do battle with them. All this is revealed online by the mysterious 'Q', who is someone high up in the US government and may even be Donald himself. Moreover the whole thing might be exactly what the Book of Revelations predicated, so we could be living in End of Days.
  • Options

Vaccine on the horizon

I remain sceptical about his medium term chances of holding onto his Premiership but I doubt he is going to quickly hand over the keys

Yes, and if all those things happen they will have had next to nothing to do with him. You can't claim helplessness over events, totally mismanage and screw up those events, and then claim success when others make them go away - although he will certainly try.

He might use a sigh of relief to try and stay in office next year. That would be a huge mistake. He's totally unqualified to deliver the social and economic repairs this country needs. If he does the ongoing damage he'll do to the country, and the Conservative Party, will continue, possibly all the way to GE2024.

The window to turf him out and replace him with a competent PM must not be shirked. Or we'll be out-of-office for decades.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,632
    RH1992 said:
    He'll be in prison.
  • Options
    BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,447
    Appreciate everyone is bored to tears with the endless indy-blah emanating from north of the border.

But this is actually pretty sensational. Sturgeon clearly seems to made the regulations on harassment retrospective to ensnare Salmond and torpedo his chances of effecting a political resurrection.

It's incendiary and if it wasn't for Trump/Biden and Covid would be dominating the news schedules.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18858466.alex-salmond-inquiry-nicola-sturgeon-ordered-misconduct-policy-48-hours-accuser-disclosure-aide
  • Options
    Wouldn't a
    RH1992 said:
    Doesn't this imply he may be mentally prepared to lose/concede?
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    Which agency in the USA ,would enforce Trump leaving the Whitehouse ,if he refuses to leave in January 21 ?
  • Options
    So i reckon people will go nuts Christmas, lockdown in February, jabs in time for summer hols 2021.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,787
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

I bet Biden is quaking in his boots.
    It's not ideal for any American president to get on the wrong side of John Redwood, this is true, but Joe is tough old boot. I remember during the campaign he felt the sharp end of Iain Duncan Smith's tongue and he managed to ride that storm.
    Looking at Redwood and Duncan Smith, it's interesting that two men ostensibly at opposite ends of the intelligence spectrum have ended up espousing such similar views. You might have thought it would have given Redwood at least some pause for thought.
    Redwood has a History BA and phd from Oxford and is a fellow of All Souls, headed Thatcher's policy unit and set up an investment business and was executive chairman of an industrial PLC, he had a formidable CV even before entering politics but while IDS may not have as stellar a CV both of them have been close since they were Maastricht rebels during Major's premiership
    Are you sure about the PhD? Oxford awards DPhils...
    They also award Masters without any study but yes if you want to be technical he has a DPhil which 'investigated the fear of atheism in England, from the Restoration to the publication of Alciphron'
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Redwood
    Master of Arts, please. My chums who teach degrees such as MScOxon and MEd would be very unhappy to hear you.
  • Options
    RH1992 said:
    Never mind settling the 2020 presidential market, get the 2024 market open!
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    edited November 2020
    Trump has just fired (by tweet) Mark Esper as Defense Secretary
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    Yorkcity said:

Which agency in the USA ,would enforce Trump leaving the Whitehouse ,if he refuses to leave in January 21 ?

Secret Service would seem technically responsible, as they would have a duty to ensure Biden could operate as President from wherever he wanted to work. In practice suspect top military officials making clear in public or private that they would not longer follow his orders would also be involved.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    edited November 2020
    Esper
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

Melania.
  • Options
    kjh said:

RH1992 said:
    He'll be in prison.
    Good luck finding a jury who will agree on his trial.
  • Options

Vaccine on the horizon

Yes, and if all those things happen they will have had next to nothing to do with him. You can't claim helplessness over events, totally mismanage and screw up those events, and then claim success when others make them go away - although he will certainly try.

He might use a sigh of relief to try and stay in office next year. That would be a huge mistake. He's totally unqualified to deliver the social and economic repairs this country needs. If he does the ongoing damage he'll do to the country, and the Conservative Party, will continue, possibly all the way to GE2024.

The window to turf him out and replace him with a competent PM must not be shirked. Or we'll be out-of-office for decades.
    I do not disagree but I was only suggesting he may be harder to replace if events move in a positive direction, no matter his actual input
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483

We've just gone from global gloom without end to a distinct ray of light on the horizon. Boris has always been a lucky general, and this news has come just in time to propel him back into the fray. By next Spring, he'll be riding a wave of genuine national optimism, and speaking personally, I can't wait.

He will still spout bollocks whilst taking credit for anything successful
  • Options
    RH1992RH1992 Posts: 788
    JohnO said:

Trump has just fired (by tweet) Mike Esher as Defense Secretary

"Terminated" as he put it. Trying to steal something back from Arnie after he took The Apprentice from him?
  • Options
    Is this Trump new tv show... you're terminated.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,629
  • Options

If someone can explain QAnon to me (to the extent it is explainable) please do feel free. I don’t understand a thing of it aside from Trump being our saviour from paedophiles, or something.

Basically, the Liberal establishment is peopled by Satan-worshipping cannibalistic paedophiles, and Donald has been sent by God to do battle with them. All this is revealed online by the mysterious 'Q', who is someone high up in the US government and may even be Donald himself. Moreover the whole thing might be exactly what the Book of Revelations predicated, so we could be living in End of Days.
    Sadly, that is an accurate account and not a parody.
  • Options

So, you want the Union destroyed and us out-of-office for decades then?

What part of him being totally useless and unfit for the job aren't you seeing?
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

The Secret Service and Park Police.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,011
    edited November 2020
    RH1992 said:
    Possibly, Sarkozy of course tried to run for the Les Republicains nomination for the 2017 French presidential election after losing his re election fight in 2012 however in the end he was beaten by his own PM Fillon who lost to Macron (and is now in jail).

Which suggests Trump could be beaten for the GOP nomination by Pence even if he does run again in 2024 though the Democrats would likely hold the White House anyway
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,976
    Amazing how one can go from utter despair to over exuberance.
  • Options

RH1992 said:
    It is open.

I did a thread on it last month.

https://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2020/10/11/2024-vision-some-66-1-and-50-1-tips-to-start-off-your-sunday/
  • Options

Yorkcity said:

The Secret Service and Park Police.
    When they say the park police, i can't help thinking of Ranger Smith from Yogi bear.
  • Options

Wasn't Q Bond's quartermaster?
  • Options
    21,350 new cases.
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662

RH1992 said:
    I kind of expected this, despite losing this time he won the second most votes ever, and Trumpism isnt going away. The GOP know he has the ability to stir the masses again, so even if many of them can't stand the man, I can see them backing him heavily if he decides to run again, His popularity was what helped them do well in both the Senate and House races this time.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,226
    edited November 2020

I’ve been crunching numbers on Alaska: if Biden got 64% to Trump’s 36% of the remaining vote to be counted he squeaks the state (assuming roughly 4% continue to go to other)

As Biden has been doing better in postal votes is this worth a punt? (I’m sorry if this has been discussed already and discounted)

I assume (but don't know) that that % is as a proportion of the total Alaska mail in ballots outstanding, whereas the number returned will be less in practice. So Biden's target % is going to be significantly higher than 64%. They will know the total only when the deadline is reached. I wouldn't touch a bet against Biden with a bargepole at the best odds of 6/1 on offer, although I would DYOR to confirm my assumption.

The 7/1 on Trump in Arizona looks better value, although I think that the Democrats should be favorites to win based on the way Trump seems to be falling slightly short on the batches added recently. Arizona, in contrast to Alaska, doesn't yet seem a done deal. But I wouldn't put money on Trump out of principle - some things are beyond the Pale.
    I don't think either is good value.

Alaska would involve Biden overcoming a margin of nearly 15% in 2016, which he's not come close to elsewhere.

In Arizona, Trump is running out of batches of uncounted votes, and we've had enough to say he's consistently short of what he requires (not by miles but the consistency is doing for him and it's probably slipped away).

The value at the moment is taking small amounts off people who are delusional and think there's a twist in the tale that just isn't coming.
    I'm not doing any more betting on WH2020 but if I was I'd keep it simple and pile on Biden to win the election at 1.06.

They say if only you could gamble on something already knowing the result it would not be gambling.

So ...
  • Options

RH1992 said:
    Here's a thought, Trump is running in 2024 so he won't be investigated/charged.

Would Joe Biden's government really investigate/prosecute a potential challenger?
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,543
    edited November 2020

Spot on. I would only add that Hillary Clinton is the Head Cannibalistic Paedophile and that she enjoys a pizza now and again.

Sadly, QAnon is simultaneously barking mad and very dangerous.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:
    Any chance they are related to Boris?

(Yes, I know that it's about a likely as one of our posters being related to President Trump).
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    That only makes sense if you loathe 'liberals' as much as she does
  • Options

Appreciate everyone is bored to tears with the endless indy-blah emanating from north of the border.

But this is actually pretty sensational. Sturgeon clearly seems to made the regulations on harassment retrospective to ensnare Salmond and torpedo his chances of effecting a political resurrection.

It's incendiary and if it wasn't for Trump/Biden and Covid would be dominating the news schedules.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18858466.alex-salmond-inquiry-nicola-sturgeon-ordered-misconduct-policy-48-hours-accuser-disclosure-aide

Can't read the article (paywall) - buit the retrospectivityt bit is not new at all. Been known for ages. Does it say when the policy itself was actually formulated? IIRC it was developed some time before, so signing off would have been ast the very end of the gestation period.
  • Options

Nigelb said:

(Yes, I know that it's about a likely as one of our posters being related to President Trump).
    You do know one of us actually is?
  • Options
    Mine as well

Joe Biden is seeking to bring people together and that can only happen when people stop point scoring
  • Options
    This will get the anti-vax nutters going. BioNTech signed a big deal with Bill Gates Foundation in September 2019.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,719
    I thought that was a great speech by Biden on Covid. Just watched it. At last they have got a proper president.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Nigelb said:

I suppose all of us are if you go back far enough.
  • Options

Vaccine on the horizon

Are you considering getting back onboard?
  • Options

RH1992 said:

Would Joe Biden's government really investigate/prosecute a potential challenger?
    The IRS will do it.
  • Options
    Quincel said:

Yorkcity said:

Secret Service would seem technically responsible, as they would have a duty to ensure Biden could operate as President from wherever he wanted to work. In practice suspect top military officials making clear in public or private that they would not longer follow his orders would also be involved.
    The US Secret Service.

I'm honestly not worried about this. He's escorted everywhere anyway, and probably doesn't have "the keys" to the White House, or most of the other key federal institutions. He has the right to go in and out until 20th January 2021 and, if he doesn't, he'll simply be asked to leave and removed if he doesn't - in an undignified way through the back door if needs be.
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 4,837
    So the orange baby is now throwing his toys out of the pram and firing people that weren’t seen as totally loyal . Will the FBI director survive ?
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Vaccine on the horizon

Are you considering getting back onboard?
    Not on Boris no
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Save Christmas, hug your Granny, special pleading for London.
    House!

And not a single "alas"?
  • Options

RH1992 said:

The IRS will do it.
    And if not them then NY will.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Stocky said:

I thought that was a great speech by Biden on Covid. Just watched it. At last they have got a proper president.

I think it is more just how far the Overton window has shifted, that when a life long politician comes along and says sensible words in the right order, it looks Churchillian.

Watching Obama on the campaign trail, now there is somebody who can do the speaking lark. Less impressive on the doing.
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    edited November 2020

So, you want the Union destroyed and us out-of-office for decades then?

What part of him being totally useless and unfit for the job aren't you seeing?
    Well, I don't expect the Union to be destroyed, since Boris will block another IndyRef for this Parliament; he would do the same in the next Parliament if re-elected, and if not then a PM Starmer would likely win such a referendum. If the Union were destroyed, of course, that would give the Tories a permanent electoral advantage equivalent to possessing an extra 20-30 seats, and so being out of office for decades also looks unlikely.

Most of Boris' 11 months since the election have been taken up with this accursed pandemic, of which most leaders around the world have made a greater or lesser hash. I think he deserves at least a few more years to show what he can do without it, and if he's deep underwater by the end of 2023, a new leader can then be installed to fight the next GE during their honeymoon.

Et voilà! The catastrophe is neither as near nor as likely as you fear.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Carnyx said:

Nigelb said:

I suppose all of us are if you go back far enough.
    No, one of us really isn't that distant. One of the Scottosh posters on PB. I'll let the poster speak for self should he/she so wish. Edit: for one thing, memory is not clear, and so I'm not 100% sure of who/how.
  • Options

Stocky said:

I think it is more just how far the Overton window has shifted, that when a life long politician cones along and says sensible words in the right order, it looks Churchillian.

Watching Obama on the campaign trail, now there is somebody who can do the speaking lark. Less impressive on the doing.
    There was a clip from last week's Last Week Tonight With John Oliver where Obama talked a future pandemic which was exactly like Covid-19, it really hit home how easily Covid-19 could have been mitigated in American and the world.
  • Options
    Stocky said:

I am very impressed with him and really want him to succeed in governing for everyone

His olive leaf to Trump supporters was very statesmanlike and maybe a lesson to all those who still want to divide
  • Options
    SirNorfolkPassmoreSirNorfolkPassmore Posts: 6,259
    edited November 2020

RH1992 said:

Depends on what offence(s).

I suspect Biden might be willing to issue a pardon (although not quickly) in relation to federal offences as part of his "uniting the country" vibe.

But if New York want to prosecute Citizen Trump for fraud under state law - and it looks a lot like they do and others may - it's simply not within Biden's gift.
  • Options
  • Options
    Roger said:

That only makes sense if you loathe 'liberals' as much as she does
    Sometimes I wonder who these people loathe more - liberals or leftists? Always leads to ‘I don’t like Trump, but....’
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Redwood has a History BA and phd from Oxford and is a fellow of All Souls, headed Thatcher's policy unit and set up an investment business and was executive chairman of an industrial PLC, he had a formidable CV even before entering politics but while IDS may not have as stellar a CV both of them have been close since they were Maastricht rebels during Major's premiership

Are you sure about the PhD? Oxford awards DPhils...
    They also award Masters without any study but yes if you want to be technical he has a DPhil which 'investigated the fear of atheism in England, from the Restoration to the publication of Alciphron'
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Redwood
    Master of Arts, please. My chums who teach degrees such as MScOxon and MEd would be very unhappy to hear you.
    Oxford has bowed to market forces and now awards its advanced degrees (and its 4-year first degrees) at Masters level. In the old days, BA was the first degree (upgraded to fake MA) and advanced degrees would be Bachelor of Something. For instance Sir Keir Starmer's BCL and Dudley Moore's BMus (about time an organist was mentioned on pb) are really Masters degrees.
  • Options
    nico679 said:

So the orange baby is now throwing his toys out of the pram and firing people that weren’t seen as totally loyal . Will the FBI director survive ?

Not now, been doing it for days and anything he says is for the birds other than I will leave
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    edited November 2020

It's not really accurate to say "the Liberal establishment" as a key tenet of the QAnon beliefs, and much contemporary conspiricism, is that the deep state encompasses both parties and so the executive, no matter who is in power, is a puppet of the deep state.

QAnon followers believe that Trump — an outsider, a non-politician as they see him — broke the mold, and had to overcome the GOP establishment every bit as much as he defeated the Democratic candidate.
  • Options
    BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,447
    Carnyx said:

Can't read the article (paywall) - buit the retrospectivityt bit is not new at all. Been known for ages. Does it say when the policy itself was actually formulated? IIRC it was developed some time before, so signing off would have been ast the very end of the gestation period.
    This is from the report:

"NICOLA Sturgeon demanded a new harassment policy should apply to former ministers just 48 hours after one of Alex Salmond’s accusers made a secret “disclosure” to her private office.

"The First Minister’s private secretary received the sensitive information from a female civil servant who later filed a misconduct complaint against Mr Salmond."
  • Options

Stocky said:

I think it is more just how far the Overton window has shifted, that when a life long politician cones along and says sensible words in the right order, it looks Churchillian.

There was a clip from last week's Last Week Tonight With John Oliver where Obama talked a future pandemic which was exactly like Covid-19, it really hit home how easily Covid-19 could have been mitigated in American and the world.
    Well of course Bill Gates gave the now infamous TED talk about this and how the US should have various sysyems in place.... obviously now the QAnon anti-vaxxer lot use that to claim he is behind all of this.
  • Options
    RH1992 said:
    Perhaps with Jnr as running mate. A wet dream ticket for millions of the "shoeless ones" in rural and left behind America. The Trump, the whole Trump, and nothing but the Trump. Got to be a possible scenario. Talk about doubling down!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,780

Mine as well

Joe Biden is seeking to bring people together and that can only happen when people stop point scoring
    It's been a week since the election and a few days since Biden was projected as the winner to the standards of the media. I absolutely agree about ending division and point scoring and all that good stuff, but I think his supporters can have a few days lack of graciousness in victory without it defining them.
  • Options

RH1992 said:

Depends on what.

I suspect Biden might be willing to issue a pardon (although not quickly) in relation to federal offences as part of his "uniting the country" vibe.

But if New York want to prosecute Citizen Trump for fraud under state law - and it looks a lot like they do and others may - it's simply not within Biden's gift.
    There is no reason a wider amnesty or pardon cannot be negotiated. It is not just for unity or to protect the dignity of the White House but also to avoid fuelling the state propaganda of authoritarian regimes around the world. The counter-argument is that if every rogue President (Nixon and now Trump) can expect a pardon, what is to restrain them? But I'd not be betting on President Trump seeing the inside of a prison cell.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I think Trumps reaction makes it much easier for the authorities to investigate him. If he loses and goes sounding responsible, close hard fought election, proud of my campaign, but Biden has won and i wish him the best...then they investigate, it looks really political.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,427

It's actually another Q - see this documentary

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(1982_film)
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Mine as well

It's been a week since the election and a few days since Biden was projected as the winner to the standards of the media. I absolutely agree about ending division and point scoring and all that good stuff, but I think his supporters can have a few days lack of graciousness in victory without it defining them.
    Fair comment
  • Options

RH1992 said:
    It is open.

I did a thread on it last month.

https://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2020/10/11/2024-vision-some-66-1-and-50-1-tips-to-start-off-your-sunday/
    Some of us only have access to exchanges! Searching for it I did find that Trump is still 1.2 to leave in 2021
  • Options

RH1992 said:

Can't see a pardon being issued. Trump isn't humble enough to ask for one, nor would he offer the necessary comprises (like 'I will feck off now and keep quiet'.) Biden for his part would not be willing to offer him one without huge concessions from him. The antipathy is genuine.
  • Options

RH1992 said:

Depends on what.

There is no reason a wider amnesty or pardon cannot be negotiated. It is not just for unity or to protect the dignity of the White House but also to avoid fuelling the state propaganda of authoritarian regimes around the world. The counter-argument is that if every rogue President (Nixon and now Trump) can expect a pardon, what is to restrain them? But I'd not be betting on President Trump seeing the inside of a prison cell.
    Also, remember in the US, for the rich, there is always a deal to be done when it come to crimes, especially if it in regards to stretching to elastic to the limit on your tax affairs.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,250
    edited November 2020
    I am sure that Kamala Harris, as the first ever non-white Vice President, agrees Black Lives Matter.

Targeting her, therefore, or her boss who helped elevate her to that office, is stupid. So stupid you have to wonder if these supposed anarchists were Klansmen under a false flag.
  • Options

I..... see.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,780
    He's on watch with some of those who voted for him, no doubt. The various factions want to know he will prioritise what they want, and aren't looking past that in the euphoria of victory.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

A bonkers and really rubbish film.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    ydoethur said:

I am sure that Kamala Harris, as the first ever non-white Vice President, agrees Black Lives Matter.

Targeting her, therefore, is stupid. So stupid you have to wonder if these supposed anarchists were Klansmen under a false flag.
    No, in Portland, they are far left anarchists. They have attacked Ted Wheeler home, the massively left wing Mayor, they attacked another elected representative the other night, because he voted against defunding the police. They have smashed up a church that feed and shelter the homeless.

And the attack above, they have already arrested some suspects and they definitely don't look like Proud Boy types.

If Ted Wheeler isn't left wing enough for you, Joe Biden is verging on right wing fascist.
  • Options

kjh said:

RH1992 said:
    He'll be in prison.
    Good luck finding a jury who will agree on his trial.
    Good point. Just 3 Trumpers could kill it. Better make sure it's in New York.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    edited November 2020
    LOL, imagine if Trump wins the GOP nomination again?

I don’t see a way back for that country.
  • Options

RH1992 said:

Can't see a pardon being issued. Trump isn't humble enough to ask for one, nor would he offer the necessary comprises (like 'I will feck off now and keep quiet'.) Biden for his part would not be willing to offer him one without huge concessions from him. The antipathy is genuine.
    I think that Biden can't pardon Trump. Aside from the complete lack of contrition, his supporters would never forgive him for it.

He doesn't need to - either Trump will pardon himself federally or will get Pence to do it, in a 25th Amendment switcheroo...

Biden will solemnly announce that the DOJ will ask the Supreme Court to rule on the validity of said pardon. The case will buy a number of lawyers new Ferraris.

Meanwhile NY and some other states will nail Trump to the wall for a large number of offences. He will spend the next decade in court.

Some time later, after Biden is relaxing in his Presidential library after a term or 2 in office, the subject of whether Trump can be prosecuted Federally will come up again....
  • Options
    I actually think not hating Trump is a sign of something amiss with a person.
  • Options

RH1992 said:

Depends on what.

I doubt he will actually finish up behind bars but I do expect him to be tied up for the duration in endless court cases and litigation. Everything he is doing now, including the suggestion that he will run again, is calculated to keep his leaky ship afloat and stave off the day of reckoning.

Ford reckoned he was destined for Hell, because '...I pardoned Nixon.' Doubt Biden will make a similar mistake.
  • Options
    New thread
  • Options
    glw said:

A bonkers and really rubbish film.
    It's so bad, it's actually rather good. If you are drunk in the right kind of way.

Bit like Reefer Madness.....
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,250
    Surely the real question is, when do the GOP and Trump get investigated for the massive fraud they’ve clearly committed in this election?

After all, they know past all doubt there’s been fraud yet there’s no evidence in public to show it...
  • Options
    Remember all the catastrophizing over how we wouldn’t be part of the EU COVID vaccination scheme?

They have yet to order the Pfizer vaccine (the U.K. has ordered 40 million doses) - looks like it’s held up in the EMA which the EU moved from London, reducing its capacity:

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1109/1176940-pfizer-covid-vaccine/
  • Options

I..... see.
    Like I said - you really really don't want to know. My advice is to get blind drunk and watch Withnail & I until you can't remember which decade you are in. Or your thumbs go weird.....
This discussion has been closed.