Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

WH2020 – With the counts continuing in several key states Biden is not yet claiming victory – politi

Comments

• Options
    MrEd said:

Penn Dem Senator says no question they have won Penn.

If he wins Pennsylvania that's enough isn't it?
    Depends - a few sites have called AZ for Biden so yes then but the NYT hasn't, in that case no
    Have I read this wrong but if Biden gets MI, WI and PA he has won with 273 thats without AZ, NV or GA
  • Options
    The only problem with watching CNN. Having to watch the same irritating Quest Means Business advert. Who is that utter tool?
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578

MrEd said:

Depends - a few sites have called AZ for Biden so yes then but the NYT hasn't, in that case no
    I’m not sure that’s right. If Biden wins PA now he gets 270+ even if GA, AZ and NV are all GOP?
    You're right, sorry I haven't had much sleep so I miscalculated in my head. Yes, it would be 273.
  • Options

MrEd said:

I’m not sure that’s right. If Biden wins PA now he gets 270+ even if GA, AZ and NV are all GOP?
    Yes.

Biden needs PA or any 2 states remaining (including AZ and NV).

If you think AZ is confirmed as Biden (as Fox does) then he needs any state now, PA or anything else to go with AZ.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,969
    JACK_W said:

MrEd said:

JACK_W said:

Good afternoon to the PB lunchtime casuals :smile:

Looks like I may add Georgia to my list of hits. I think Biden nabs it by 10K give or take.

Depending on when PA starts rolling in, estimates around 3-5 GMT, we will have Biden called as President Elect by afternoon tea. Very civilised .... More tea Vicar ?

Not too early @JackW - did you see the comments by their SoS?
    No. I've been supervising the Auchentennach Fine Pies Takeaway Emporium.

What is the updated info ?
    Trump's lead is down to 18,000, 25,000 votes left to be counted.
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662
    MrEd said:

He also said just over 400,00 votes left to be counted so Biden can still clearly win but if all votes over 400K have been declared and its just those to count and declare then it will be way tighter than 100,000 for Biden
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990

4,838,400 seconds, or
    80,640 minutes, or
    1344 hours, or
    56 days, or
    8 weeks left to sort out all those trade deals.

Maybe if we ignore the problem, it will go away....

Just one big one. A lot of the rest are already rolled over.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,900
    edited November 2020
    MrEd said:

TimT said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Trump files lawsuit in Georgia

Suggests he knows they have lost the state.
    ABC.net.au saying gap is 18k but only 10k left to count. Not sure their source but biden cant win if that's true.
    Think you are out by an order of magnitude there.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-georgia.html
    Do you have the link @paulyork64 for ABC? Agree it looks odd.
    The New York Times site gives you the live numbers. 4.9million in with 96% counted.
    interested in why ABC saying what it is
    couldnt post link on my phone. this from wsb-tv. think an atlanta media company. quoting 25k votes left.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/politics/live-updates-eyes-georgia-state-works-finish-counting-outstanding-ballots/K2PXD7SI3VCDPGNUPMRAV7K5UU/

6:31 a.m.

Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger spoke exclusively with Channel 2 Action News This Morning. There are now under 25,000 ballots left to be counted and Raffensperger says the state should be done by noon today.

6:20 a.m.

The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office updated its numbers. As of 6:20 a.m., 18,540 votes now separate President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden.
    Thanaks Paul, looks like Trump has held on in GA
    Too early to say that IMHO. Only thing we can say is as predicted it is going to be incredibly tight.
    If it is under 25K votes and 18.5K lead, I don't see how that is overcome.

Plus the SoS is R so I think he is rushing this through
    As far as I’m aware, we are not sure yet if the 25k figure is uncounted and unreported (ie all the rest of the ballots have been reported) or whether there are still some other ballots to report.
    From the news report:

"The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office updated its numbers. As of 6:20 a.m., 18,540 votes now separate President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden."
    That was in the same interview as the <25K votes comments</p>
    Something is not being reported correctly, because 4% of GA's vote is substantially more than 25k
    The 25K and the 18.5K are both from the SoS office so they will be the official numbers presumably.

The SoS gave an interview to a TV station with the 25K number and said they would be done by noon.

Given he is Republican, I think if Trump was behind, they would be scrambling around for any loose votes they could find so, given that and the vote split, that's why I think it will be called for Trump.

His interview on CNN said 40k I thought and then absentee and Military ballots

He did say they would be done by noon on the Mail ins but that Absentees would follow and Military next Tuesday
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328

TimT said:

TimT said:

Very good. I have already copy and pasted it (with the attribution) into my slides on infection control.
    Yep - its a well known model for all kinds of things. We use it for lab safety.
    What type of lab do you work in? Research?
    It's an idea that is so standard across so many fields, that it is easy to forget that everyone doesn't know of the idea.

Swiss Cheese model in terms of "events" in engineering or various forms etc...
    Again, that I know. James Reason and all that. Also, while very useful properly applied, a dangerous safety model if the only one applied, as amply demonstrated by Perrow (Normal Accident Theory) and Rasmussen (Resilience Engineering), and more recently Weick and Sutcliffe (high reliability organization).

My point was not about the Swiss Cheese model, but about the quality of its application to public health communication specific to COVID infection control
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,199

Is Trump still playing the turd that refuses to flush?

AKA a Cummings...
  • Options

Yes, PA or any 2 from AZ,NV,GA,NC.

What are the rules with military votes in NC ? - it has several significant military bases.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,451

The only problem with watching CNN. Having to watch the same irritating Quest Means Business advert. Who is that utter tool?

There aren’t any adverts on their live feed, it just goes quiet if you are watching from abroad. Which is much better than having to listen to all the crap being touted on Fox.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,733
    edited November 2020

Strong Unionist message in Sunak statement:

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1324327143296389121?s=20

Indeed.

Positioning himself well for Boris’s post-scindy resignation.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,033
    So were the assumed numbers of uncounted votes in both GA and PA too optimistic for Biden?
  • Options
    This refers to the 25K in Georgia and why there may,,,,or may not be double that number , so take your pick, as clearly no one seems to know :)
    https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1324334248229326849
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    Sean_F said:

JACK_W said:

MrEd said:

JACK_W said:

Good afternoon to the PB lunchtime casuals :smile:

Looks like I may add Georgia to my list of hits. I think Biden nabs it by 10K give or take.

Depending on when PA starts rolling in, estimates around 3-5 GMT, we will have Biden called as President Elect by afternoon tea. Very civilised .... More tea Vicar ?

Not too early @JackW - did you see the comments by their SoS?
    No. I've been supervising the Auchentennach Fine Pies Takeaway Emporium.

What is the updated info ?
    Trump's lead is down to 18,000, 25,000 votes left to be counted.
    Well into recount territory.
  • Options
    Bound to be a recount in GA imo

Hopefully its Trump needing it
  • Options
    Don’t forget there is also whatever is still in the post, as yet underlivered.
  • Options

MrEd said:

TimT said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

ABC.net.au saying gap is 18k but only 10k left to count. Not sure their source but biden cant win if that's true.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-georgia.html
    The New York Times site gives you the live numbers. 4.9million in with 96% counted.
    couldnt post link on my phone. this from wsb-tv. think an atlanta media company. quoting 25k votes left.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/politics/live-updates-eyes-georgia-state-works-finish-counting-outstanding-ballots/K2PXD7SI3VCDPGNUPMRAV7K5UU/

Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger spoke exclusively with Channel 2 Action News This Morning. There are now under 25,000 ballots left to be counted and Raffensperger says the state should be done by noon today.

The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office updated its numbers. As of 6:20 a.m., 18,540 votes now separate President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden.
    Too early to say that IMHO. Only thing we can say is as predicted it is going to be incredibly tight.

As far as I’m aware, we are not sure yet if the 25k figure is uncounted and unreported (ie all the rest of the ballots have been reported) or whether there are still some other ballots to report.
    From the news report:

"The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office updated its numbers. As of 6:20 a.m., 18,540 votes now separate President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden."
    Something is not being reported correctly, because 4% of GA's vote is substantially more than 25k
    The 25K and the 18.5K are both from the SoS office so they will be the official numbers presumably.

The SoS gave an interview to a TV station with the 25K number and said they would be done by noon.

Given he is Republican, I think if Trump was behind, they would be scrambling around for any loose votes they could find so, given that and the vote split, that's why I think it will be called for Trump.

He did say they would be done by noon on the Mail ins but that Absentees would follow and Military next Tuesday
    Here's the link:

Scroll down to the comments at 6;20am / 6:31am their time
  • Options
    “Our Constitution does not secure the peaceful transition of power, but rather presupposes it,” says Amherst law professor Lawrence Douglas.

Telegraph
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

There aren’t any adverts on their live feed, it just goes quiet if you are watching from abroad. Which is much better than having to listen to all the crap being touted on Fox.
    That Quest bloke seems like someone they rejected from UK networks because he’d be too annoying. Which is quite an achievement when we have Piers Morgan , Robert Peston and Kay Burley.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    Mal557 said:

This refers to the 25K in Georgia and why there may,,,,or may not be double that number , so take your pick, as clearly no one seems to know :)

Highly doubt we are getting a result in GA today
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Well yes, he has read my posts.
  • Options
    I wonder if any state has ever had a margin of victory less than the number of EC votes it has...
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

TimT said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

From the news report:

Here's the link:

Scroll down to the comments at 6;20am / 6:31am their time</blockquote

Thanks for that.
  • Options
    OnboardG1OnboardG1 Posts: 1,346
    The big headache here is we don’t know if the estimates are accurate or if the reporting deviates from the count. Those 200k ballots from PA last night might be counted but not be reported yet. It’s bloody hard to tell because of the slapdash way that the US does their elections.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,015

Can anyone remind me what Trumps legal action in MI is trying to do he is more than 150,000 votes behind

Assuage his ego? When he doesn't get what he wants he sues.
    Habitual, learned behaviour.
  • Options
    RH1992RH1992 Posts: 788

He's Northern England's contribution to CNN so I have a soft spot for his eccentric attitude.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Quest
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    OnboardG1 said:

The big headache here is we don’t know if the estimates are accurate or if the reporting deviates from the count. Those 200k ballots from PA last night might be counted but not be reported yet. It’s bloody hard to tell because of the slapdash way that the US does their elections.

Individual County websites are exploding under the load. I can't access over half of Pennsylvania counties at the moment.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

TimT said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

From the news report:

Here's the link:

Thats important info giving the betting

Thanks

Do you think the 25k includes absentee but not Military?
  • Options

Is there an automatic recount in GA?
  • Options
    In the last week, Starmer and Dodds have both been entirely vindicated. Politically, though, it is unlikely to matter.
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    edited November 2020
    OnboardG1 said:

The footage suggests they aren’t even in sports halls.. Amateurs.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Is there an automatic recount in GA?
    0.5%

Margin is currently 0.4% and shrinking so seems inevitable.
  • Options

Mal557 said:

Highly doubt we are getting a result in GA today
    I would agree, NV will be in today and am confident Bidens won there, but ofc Biden still needs one of AZ, GA or PA to get home
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,715

Rishi is very articulate and comes over confidently

Confidently asks for a tissue.
  • Options
    Tonight's Number 10 Press Conference defence of the latest u-turn can't be as funny as United's defence against Demba Ba last night

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1324052026595123200
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,392
    Furlough scheme extended to the end of March next year. Certainly until January this is at the 80% level , to be reviewed then.
    The financial commitment made in this statement alone probably exceeds the commitments made in any budget in modern times.
  • Options

In the last week, Starmer and Dodds have both been entirely vindicated. Politically, though, it is unlikely to matter.

Yes, U-turns are a funny one in politics. If the public think you’re right to change course, but that there’s complexity, you often seem to get credit for it.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,199

Captain Hindsight spotted yet another iceberg that BoZo and chums slammed right into...
  • Options

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

TimT said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

From the news report:

Here's the link:

Thanks

Have to admit I don't know. As mentioned, I don't think he would do a TV interview if the Rs didn't think they can say they have held GA - he would be trying to find extra votes in the outlying counties.

(You're right, it is important betting info but I can't get onto Betfair :( )
  • Options
    GA 2.92 Trump 1.51 Biden

If 25k is the final total 2.92 decent value

How many Military

Would be fun if Trump hundreds ahead and Military swings it.
  • Options

GA 2.92 Trump 1.51 Biden

How many Military

Put some money on for me please :)
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    And yet numbers are falling, the tiers were working and a ton of cold water has been poured over Whitty and Valiance's 4,000 deaths figure and their general use (abuse?) of stats.

Despite the reality, this administration ploughs on with Hancock's blinkers firmly fixed on and thousands at risk of early death from non-covid and mental health disasters.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,336
    I can't explain how the BBC are annoying me, still only have Bidan on 243. I don't think they have called MI for Biden.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,336
    I can't explain how the BBC are annoying me, still only have Bidan on 243. I don't think they have called MI for Biden.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403

It doesn't matter at all anywhere. They might have said the right thing weeks ago and done the right thing in the HoC but all anyone will care about is that the govt won the votes and Lab supported them.

That is not a good look for an Opposition.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

TimT said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

From the news report:

Here's the link:

Thanks

Have to admit I don't know. As mentioned, I don't think he would do a TV interview if the Rs didn't think they can say they have held GA - he would be trying to find extra votes in the outlying counties.

“He would be trying to find extra votes”. The idea of someone with election responsibility thinking like that is so alien.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1324326431640461317

Why would we need to do this, only sunny uplands await us?
  • Options

OnboardG1 said:

In a race this close and with so much hanging on it, even allowing for due process, I find it incredible that no one seems to know if 200.000 votes that have been counted, have or have not been declared, as potentially it could affect the outcome this late on. Surely someone has what should be a simple answer . This 200,000 counted update happened hours ago , its been talked about for ages, Surely someone can confirm declared or not declared.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,916
    ping said:

Strong Unionist message in Sunak statement:

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1324327143296389121?s=20

Indeed.

Positioning himself well for Boris’s post-scindy resignation.
    Rather covering up his refusal, until the Overlords in the South of England need it as well, to actually allow the Scots, Welsh, Nirish, Mancs, Geordies, Monkey-hangers, Makems, Yorkshirepersons, etc. etc. to have some.
  • Options

GA 2.92 Trump 1.51 Biden

How many Military

I had assumed the military vote is by default heavy Republican. Is that not right?
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,280
    If I understand this right, then if Trump holds PA and AZ then he wins? Its all down to PA now?
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

TimT said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

From the news report:

Here's the link:

Thanks

By definition, the £25k must exclude votes that haven't yet been verified and tabulated, no? Let alone those not yet received.
  • Options
    CNN shift seamlessly from a state by state count update to a state by state lawsuit update
  • Options

I don't think anyone sane says that.

Of course there might be disruption as we transition from one set of arrangements to another.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,392

I think that it’s slightly optimistic to assume that the Brexit bonus will be able to offset the effects of the virus.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,733
    DavidL said:

Furlough scheme extended to the end of March next year. Certainly until January this is at the 80% level , to be reviewed then.
    The financial commitment made in this statement alone probably exceeds the commitments made in any budget in modern times.

Spaffing money up the wall.

You have to wonder what is the point of elections?
  • Options
    Please be Eminem with cat, please be Eminem with cat
  • Options
    YES, it's Eminem with cat!
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

OnboardG1 said:

In a race this close and with so much hanging on it, even allowing for due process, I find it incredible that no one seems to know if 200.000 votes that have been counted, have or have not been declared, as potentially it could affect the outcome this late on. Surely someone has what should be a simple answer . This 200,000 counted update happened hours ago , its been talked about for ages, Surely someone can confirm declared or not declared.
    As ever with US elections, I’m probably over-simplifying but it makes me grateful for a pencil cross in a box, a simple rule of all postal votes in by the day, and manpower to just count the bloody votes.
  • Options

Tonight's Number 10 Press Conference defence of the latest u-turn can't be as funny as United's defence against Demba Ba last night

Surely offside?
  • Options

Brexit necessitates a multi-billion-pound safety net? I don't remember that being how the song went.
  • Options

Even worse than that, they've called MI but they've not called WI despite the counting in WI being finished.
  • Options

GA 2.92 Trump 1.51 Biden

How many Military

I had assumed the military vote is by default heavy Republican. Is that not right?
    Looks like there are more than 25K as the absentee ballot file had not been fully updated when the 25K figure was announced, as to how many more there are , estimates on the ground suggest the total o/s is 40-50K rather than 25K, then the military mentioned on top of that. But tbh Trump must be loving all this confusion as it plays fully into his narrative.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,521
    edited November 2020
    Cicero said:

If I understand this right, then if Trump holds PA and AZ then he wins? Its all down to PA now?

Yes that’s right re winning. But if Biden gets AZ and NV he doesn’t need PA.

GA is the wildcard - If Biden gets that he doesn’t need 1 of AZ or NV - who knows where it’s at on that front. Hearing different things!
  • Options

Of course there might be disruption as we transition from one set of arrangements to another.
    There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable upside.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

I'm on their web feed. When America goes to an ad break we get trailers for International shows. The same trailers. Over and over and over again.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Surely offside?
    Starts in his own half. Can't be offside if you're in your own half.
  • Options
    alex_ said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

TimT said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

From the news report:

Here's the link:

Thanks

By definition, the £25k must exclude votes that haven't yet been verified and tabulated, no? Let alone those not yet received.
    The impression I get is he is looking to call it, hence why I think it will be declared as a Trump win
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,024

What exactly are you drinking and where can I order it from?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,969

MrEd said:

TimT said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

From the news report:

"Those who cast the votes count for nothing. Those who count the votes count for everything" according to Joe the Georgian.
  • Options

Anyone who believes that is an idiot.

There are always swings and roundabouts to any decision.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,424
    Fishing said:

Selebian said:

January sucks as a month and everyone's broke and miserable in January.

If you're going to have lockdown for a month then I would vote for that to be January.

My birthday is in January and pre-children we always had a long weekend away, somewhere cosy in the middle of nowhere with a fire, a good single malt, walking in all weathers, more than once finding our way back by torch-light/map/compass, with the help of a hip-flask, having underestimated how long a walk would take, including one blizzard which completely obliterated the path in the Yorkshire Moors.

So, don't diss January! :wink:
    January is by far the worst month of the year. Suicides and relationship breakups are most numerous for a reason. Cold and still dark. The cure is to go somewhere where it's better and luckily I'm going to be on holiday in Mexico and the US for it.
    Do you have a link for data on suicides by month? The Samaritans report I found had nothing by time of year and the only ONS information I can find is by quarter, and doesn't show a clear pattern - different quarters have higher rates in different years.

There's a reference on Wikipedia to research in the US showing more suicide in spring and early summer - but it's quite old.
  • Options

GA 2.92 Trump 1.51 Biden

How many Military

As divided as the rest of the country. https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/08/31/as-trumps-popularity-slips-in-latest-military-times-poll-more-troops-say-theyll-vote-for-biden/
  • Options

Even worse than that, they've called MI but they've not called WI despite the counting in WI being finished.
    Have the BBC called CA for Biden yet? j/k but they are hopeless in this election.
  • Options

Like, when Election Day approaches, HY starts saying it might be close?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Surely offside?
    In rugby, yes. But in Association Football I believe the offside rule is a that you can't be offside in your own half...
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146

https://twitter.com/DavidDavisMP/status/695208361625796608
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,280

Cicero said:

GA is the wildcard - If Biden gets that he doesn’t need 1 of AZ or NV - who knows where it’s at on that front. Hearing different things!
    Then maybe we should be topping up on Trump? GA not flipping and AZ still in play. This is still not over?
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,140

GA 2.92 Trump 1.51 Biden

How many Military

The NYT says 200,000+ in this article updated 15 minutes ago:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/04/us/georgia-presidential-election.html
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Surely offside?
    In own half.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,006
    Pulpstar said:

Live site from PA says 763k left in PA

PA bloke on CNN predicts a 100k win for Biden

By live site are you getting that from electionreturns.pa.gov or from a news live site? Those stating its at 488k say there has been a delay auto updating the other live reporting sites hence they are showing old data.
    If that 488k is in Philly and the burbs it's not a worry.
    About 300K in Philly and the burbs and 400K elsewhere using the NYT stats.
  • Options
    Chris said:

GA 2.92 Trump 1.51 Biden

How many Military

Wow
  • Options
    When we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the future we want
  • Options
    They need us more than we need them!
  • Options
    BREXIT MEANS BREXIT!
  • Options

https://twitter.com/DavidDavisMP/status/695208361625796608
    Was the door knocked in?
  • Options
    Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the single market
  • Options
    Cicero said:

Cicero said:

Then maybe we should be topping up on Trump? GA not flipping and AZ still in play. This is still not over?
    Is there a small chance Trump could sneak through? Perhaps, but unlikely. He needs a lot to fall his way. Might be worth a flutter but DYOR.
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093

Chris said:

GA 2.92 Trump 1.51 Biden

How many Military

Wow
    200k is nationwide. For GA alone it was about 5 or 6k last election.
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,871
    edited November 2020
    DavidL said:

At its peak furlough was about £14bn a month, guess it will be sub £10bn so maybe £40-50bn over six months. HS2 was a bigger commitment alone.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

It doesn't matter at all anywhere. They might have said the right thing weeks ago and done the right thing in the HoC but all anyone will care about is that the govt won the votes and Lab supported them.

That is not a good look for an Opposition.

It's better to be right than wrong. Doing the right thing is also important, even if there are no votes in it.

• Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,674
    MrEd said:

alex_ said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

TimT said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

From the news report:

Here's the link:

Thanks

The impression I get is he is looking to call it, hence why I think it will be declared as a Trump win
    Or just completely and utterly fed up.
  • Options

Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the single market

Please show me anyone saying that DURING the EU Referendum?
This discussion has been closed.