Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The betting at 1136 GMT Nov 4th 2020 – politicalbetting.com

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610

MaxPB said:

If there are still 1.4m ballots to count in Pennsylvania* and Biden is only 400000 behind then he only needs about 63% to win, right?

*Sky just showed 5.6m votes counted with 80% done. I assume I've got this right.

470k behind, supposedly 1.2m ballots still to count so he needs just around 70%. I think it should still be doable because the remaining votes are coming from strong Dem areas, but I don't think it's guaranteed. If Trump wins PA then he only needs to take NV in addition to NC and GA to win.
    More ballots than that I think – PA secretary of state said millions (plural) about an hour ago live on CNN.
    1.2m is "millions" just not very many!
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    MaxPB said:

If there are still 1.4m ballots to count in Pennsylvania* and Biden is only 400000 behind then he only needs about 63% to win, right?

*Sky just showed 5.6m votes counted with 80% done. I assume I've got this right.

470k behind, supposedly 1.2m ballots still to count so he needs just around 70%. I think it should still be doable because the remaining votes are coming from strong Dem areas, but I don't think it's guaranteed. If Trump wins PA then he only needs to take NV in addition to NC and GA to win.
    1.2 million portals. Still a little bit more outstanding on the day, maybe 300k. But the on-the-day favours Trump 4-to-3
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,952
    Sorry if someone else already posted this, but it is pretty good

https://twitter.com/MSterling27/status/1323941768526766081?s=20
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

More ballots than that I think – PA secretary of state said millions (plural) about an hour ago live on CNN.
    When he was CNN there were 2 million outstanding
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,343
    ydoethur said:

Well, that was some day. The technology exploded, a child threatened to hit me, a bottle of water got dropped down a flight of stairs with predictably unfortunate consequences, and my car has a fault.

I’m so pleased to hear nothing exciting happened in the world. I don’t think I could bear it.

Nah, its been very quiet.
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    MikeL said:

ME2 is crucial because 271-267 is much safer than 270-268.

One faithless elector is a big danger.

Alright chaps, here is another potential issue on the EC around NE-02:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/state-laws-may-decide-disputed-2020-election

This is what it says about the electors:

"Presidential electors in Nebraska are required to cast their ballots for the candidate who won the highest number of votes in their district. A presidential elector who refuses to present a ballot, who attempts to present an unmarked ballot, or who casts a vote contrary to that requirement vacates the office of elector. In such a case, the governor will appoint a replacement."

Now what is unclear from this is whether the elector's vote is deemed invalid if they vote for a candidate other than who won the district. So can the elector for NE-02 be unfaithful and, if so, even if dismissed by the Governor (a Republican), does their vote still count?
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    Back to needle watching for Georgia, 7% left.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited November 2020
    I think Trump has been mentally preparing for a return to chatshow grandstanding and grievance-airing for months. I don't sense a man on the edge of a breakdown ; just someone preparing for a new kind of war of cultures and preaching to his constituency, from the comfort of his televised sofa.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,320
    isam said:

Very shrewd analysis, as befits someone of his experience, of course.

He hoped in vain, though.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,047
    Anyone know why GOP are so long in PA? They are worse than a 2/1 shot.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

One and a bit million!
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MikeL said:

ME2 is crucial because 271-267 is much safer than 270-268.

One faithless elector is a big danger.

Alright chaps, here is another potential issue on the EC around NE-02:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/state-laws-may-decide-disputed-2020-election

This is what it says about the electors:

"Presidential electors in Nebraska are required to cast their ballots for the candidate who won the highest number of votes in their district. A presidential elector who refuses to present a ballot, who attempts to present an unmarked ballot, or who casts a vote contrary to that requirement vacates the office of elector. In such a case, the governor will appoint a replacement."

Now what is unclear from this is whether the elector's vote is deemed invalid if they vote for a candidate other than who won the district. So can the elector for NE-02 be unfaithful and, if so, even if dismissed by the Governor (a Republican), does their vote still count?
    PS the Governor makes the appointment
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662
    So looking at the AZ map on the NYTimes site they are saying they believe about 520.000 votes outstanding and Biden is up by 216,000 votes, Looking at the county returns so far (which Trump won most of last time of course) I dont see the numbers there for Trump. Unless I'm missing something ? Even if Trump won all the remaining votes 2-1 he would be short. And some counties are quite strong D leaning
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,883
    edited November 2020

Anyone know why GOP are so long in PA? They are worse than a 2/1 shot.

Its strange but as well as the Millions

There will be ones coming in tomorrow and Friday

Plus the ones that will "magically appear overnight" and put Trump behind!!!
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

rcs1000 said:

Mal557 said:

MrEd said:

Pulpstar said:

MrEd said:

rcs1000 said:

MrEd said:

rcs1000 said:

My guess is that Biden wins PA, WI, MI, AZ but loses NV.

NC could also enter the Democrat column if enough late arriving postal votes come in.

My guess AZ, NV, NC = Trump; WI / MI = Biden, PA = too close to call
    We have a whole week of mail in ballots for the Dems to receive in Arizona, why wouldn't you expect them to be overwhelmingly for Biden?
    Again, it comes back to whether the 2018 dynamic is the same as 2020. If it is, you are right. If it is not, and a lot of this has already been subsumed in the general voting trends. I don't know whether the comment about AZ mail-in being different from mid west is true
    Both sides used VBM in Arizona, it's the normal method for elections. This is from MAGA twitter and I have no pleasure in sharing it but I think it's likely to be accurate

https://twitter.com/AmyKremer/status/1324022757118627840
    I think that is right.

So AZ + NC + GA + NV + ME-2 + Alaska gets Trump to 261.
    So we are right back again to all on PA :) as I think MI and WI are gone for Trump
    Trump at 5.5 looks value at moment.
    Talk of recount for WI.
    There will be a recount and it won't change anything, just like there are recounts and they never change anything in the UK.
    I was just thinking that – my dad told me as a young boy that when a party asks for a recount they have lost the seat. I can never remember that being wrong!
    Recounts have changed results though. At Peterborough in 1966 Labour was 162 votes ahead on first two counts. After 7 recounts the Tories held on by 3 votes.
  • Options
    Well done Joe, you've done better than Hilary
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,047
    justin124 said:

rcs1000 said:

Mal557 said:

MrEd said:

Pulpstar said:

MrEd said:

rcs1000 said:

MrEd said:

rcs1000 said:

NC could also enter the Democrat column if enough late arriving postal votes come in.

We have a whole week of mail in ballots for the Dems to receive in Arizona, why wouldn't you expect them to be overwhelmingly for Biden?
    Again, it comes back to whether the 2018 dynamic is the same as 2020. If it is, you are right. If it is not, and a lot of this has already been subsumed in the general voting trends. I don't know whether the comment about AZ mail-in being different from mid west is true
    Both sides used VBM in Arizona, it's the normal method for elections. This is from MAGA twitter and I have no pleasure in sharing it but I think it's likely to be accurate

I think that is right.

So we are right back again to all on PA :) as I think MI and WI are gone for Trump
    Talk of recount for WI.
    There will be a recount and it won't change anything, just like there are recounts and they never change anything in the UK.
    I was just thinking that – my dad told me as a young boy that when a party asks for a recount they have lost the seat. I can never remember that being wrong!
    Recounts have changed results though. At Peterborough in 1966 Labour was 162 votes ahead on first two counts. After 7 recounts the Tories held on by 3 votes.
    Before I was born!
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,883
    Mal557 said:

So looking at the AZ map on the NYTimes site they are saying they believe about 520.000 votes outstanding and Biden is up by 216,000 votes, Looking at the county returns so far (which Trump won most of last time of course) I dont see the numbers there for Trump. Unless I'm missing something ? Even if Trump won all the remaining votes 2-1 he would be short. And some counties are quite strong D leaning

Excellent
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,320
    justin124 said:

rcs1000 said:

Mal557 said:

MrEd said:

Pulpstar said:

MrEd said:

rcs1000 said:

MrEd said:

rcs1000 said:

I think that is right.

Talk of recount for WI.
    Is there a more recent example? I will admit I can’t think of one but your knowledge of such things is much greater than mine.

I can remember Winchester 1997, where after several recounts the Liberal Democrats won by two. Then the Tories forced an entire rerun and lost by thousands.
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662
    Artist said:

Back to needle watching for Georgia, 7% left.

Must have started counting again there maybe
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,031
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

isam said:

Very shrewd analysis, as befits someone of his experience, of course.

He hoped in vain, though.
    It's spot on isn't it?
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,315
    edited November 2020
    HYUFD said:
    What happened with Steve Baker? He was practically in tears the other day, declaring that his meeting with the scientists had utterly convinced him of Boris's lockdown wisdom.
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

I think you have looked at the absentee vote difference, not the state difference. The state difference is still 90K
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,884
    HYUFD said:
    The shy Trumpers revealed, in strength.
  • Options

Mal557 said:

Excellent
    Sorry..Mal got it mixed up - the absolute lead is 90K, he was looking at absentee votes only
  • Options
    New thread
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,884

HYUFD said:
    What happened with Steve Baker? He was practically in tears the other days, declaring that his meeting with the scientists had utterly convinced him of Boris's lockdown wisdom.
    He remembered he was Brexit Hard Man, and Brexit Hard Men don't back down?
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,796
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

No it's not "millions" - there's no plural about it. There is no case for singular being the normal plural.
  • Options
    USPS is shit. And people keep falling back on the excuse that America is a 'big' country.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:
    What happened with Steve Baker? He was practically in tears the other days, declaring that his meeting with the scientists had utterly convinced him of Boris's lockdown wisdom.
    He remembered he was Brexit Hard Man, and Brexit Hard Men don't back down?
    He found out the data he was shown was somewhat disengenious?
  • Options
    Kanye: today I voted for The President of the United States for the first time and I voted for someone I really trust: me.
This discussion has been closed.