Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Trump decides that he doesn’t need special preparation for the

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,844

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

I see no other course for us now, but war.

Sean, is this your last hurrah before your new account signs on?
    We can't have a war, think of the carbon emissions xr will go ballistic
    I see you've been given your Internet privileges back
    Never lost them unlike some though I don't spend all day every day here. I have something called a life
    In real life I think of you like this:

Ah so you are happy to assume my age, gender and sex on no evidence whatsoever?
    You can give - but you can't take it
    Shrugs I wasn't aware you were giving anything to be honest merely caricaturing your normal "We mustn't make assumptions" stance. I can assure you if it was a barb then it failed to strike home
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    If you wanted credibility, would you send Gove?
  • Options
    Curfew incoming then
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,716
    edited September 2020
    The better your hygiene and the more you avoid purposeless risk, the more normal stuff you can do safely. It is that simple. We don't need moonshots. We need boringly consistent policy...

Scott_xP said:
  • Options

New Thread

• Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,844

LadyG said:

IshmaelZ said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY&ab_channel=Jmagunda
    You make light of a solemn moment. That's a fine piece of satire, but this is the real world. And it has taken a very frightening and inevitably warlike turn.

This is our time to fight, our generation cannot shun this any longer. We will need to shed blood for our independence - take on the Belgians and the Irish, and die in the doing so - or we shall die like vile poisoned rats, writhing in the sewers of our surrender.
    I say we resolve this like the rebels at Masada by the suicide of every man, woman and child in the UK. That'll show them.
    I'm with you, bruh,

Who else has the manliness and the guts to join us in our noble, vital and spectacularly futile act of mass national self harm?

Come on. Let these refusenik cowards show their colours.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    Interestingly american nukes now use a more eco friendly fuel.....I am not sure the person who thought that up had a good grasp of what nukes are for
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    You can see why Trump's lawyers didn't want him to speak to the Special Counsel. He would have incriminated himself for sure.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244

moonshine said:

Another day, another lurch towards covid authoritarianism. Politicians read this site. Someone somewhere, please stand up against this insidious dangerous nonsense. There’s a growing body of public opinion that will hail you as a hero because right now, no one is speaking up for them.

I'm certainly increasingly worried where this is heading and the process for ending it.

What if a vaccine is two or more years away?
    Interesting poll

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1303721438919233541?s=09
    Many years ago I watched a docco about the Khmer Rouge. It featured a psychologist who said to the effect: give me closed borders and control of the media and in 18 months I could turn even Britain into 1970s Cambodia.

At the time I thought what a load of nonsense. But now I’m not so sure, when I see polls like this and understand just how easy it is to sedate people’s critical and moral faculties with a bit of fear. And all for a pandemic that when all is said and done, will cause perhaps only 2 months worth of excess deaths.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Scott_xP said:
    Fieldwork 7-8 September. If you think 37% is low, just wait till the Rule of 6 feeds in to the polling.
    Is this Johnson's worst day in office as PM?

The level of shambles, duplicity and miscommunication is off the scale.
    Actually on covid it has probably been one of his better days

Also on PMQs amazingly Starmer did not mention beaching the treaty and as a result Boris was better

It does not alter my opinion that Boris should go, but neither does it alter my opinion that we brexit with deal or no deal with no extensions, and I remain in the conservative party
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    If you consider the alternatives, probably yes.

(There's a serious point here. The fact that people like Dominic Raab, Priti Patel, IDS et al think this version of Brexit is a good idea, and people like Rory Stewart, Nick Soames, Justine Greening and Ken Clarke don't ought to make some red lights flash... but apparently not.)
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989
    Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

You make light of a solemn moment. That's a fine piece of satire, but this is the real world. And it has taken a very frightening and inevitably warlike turn.

This is our time to fight, our generation cannot shun this any longer. We will need to shed blood for our independence - take on the Belgians and the Irish, and die in the doing so - or we shall die like vile poisoned rats, writhing in the sewers of our surrender.
    I’d rather surrender than fight in your insane hypothetical war.
    So you are literally a traitor. An appeaser. A pacifist who will not stand up for Britain, why? Because you love to lick the boot of Brussels, and you live to invaginate the weird knuckled fist of Washington.

You are an insect. No, worse than an insect. You are the parasite on the feces of an insect. No, worse than that. You are the micro-maggot inside the anus of a parasite that feasts on the excreta of an insect inside the prolapsed colon of a shrieking, mange-ridden weasel. I will stop there, before I go too far.
    Is invaginate actually a word?
    It is! I'll save that for Scrabble.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,994
    FFS

‘Covid Marshalls’

Threats of curfews

Demonising the young

Does anyone, anywhere, with even the slightest humanity support the authoritarian morons who purport to lead us?

• Options

For a hundred billion we could probably do an actual moonshot and create a sort of lunar covid penal colony, or something.

We can't even build a high-speed railway between London and Birmingham for £100bn. No way it would take us to the Moon.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    If you consider the alternatives, probably yes.

(There's a serious point here. The fact that people like Dominic Raab, Priti Patel, IDS et al think this version of Brexit is a good idea, and people like Rory Stewart, Nick Soames, Justine Greening and Ken Clarke don't ought to make some red lights flash... but apparently not.)
    Good point - and the latter list have all been "fired"
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,641
    LadyG said:

IshmaelZ said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

I say we resolve this like the rebels at Masada by the suicide of every man, woman and child in the UK. That'll show them.
    I'm with you, bruh,

Who else has the manliness and the guts to join us in our noble, vital and spectacularly futile act of mass national self harm?

Piss off, if you want to kill yourself while singing Rule Britannia its your gig, not mine, nor the gig of the majority of other Britons.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623

For a hundred billion we could probably do an actual moonshot and create a sort of lunar covid penal colony, or something.

We can't even build a high-speed railway between London and Birmingham for £100bn. No way it would take us to the Moon.
    Well, you save a lot of money on the compulsory land purchases.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,641

Good. Lets see how much "political will" they have to compromise. There's not been much to date.
    Boris Johnson will capitulate or it is No Deal.

The EU will not capitulate, they never have.
    Good, No Deal it is then.

Singapore in the Atlantic sounds good to me.
    More like Hong Kong in the Atlantic...
    More like Haiti in the Atlantic...

If it were easy to be Singapore then there would be lots of them in the world.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

LadyG said:

IshmaelZ said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

I'm with you, bruh,

Piss off, if you want to kill yourself while singing Rule Britannia its your gig, not mine, nor the gig of the majority of other Britons.
    Perhaps joining the Judean People's Front Crack Suicide Squad might be an option?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,611
    Scott_xP said:
    That figure looks way too high.
    A rapid antigen test, produced on a mass scale for self testing, ought to be £2-3 a pop.
    10 million every day for a year comes to about £10bn.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Drutt said:

Hello again everyone. Been away a while. New phone.

I very much doubt Trump is skipping preparation.

What is everyone's headline prediction (12 words or fewer) for US elections? Broadly mine is 'Biden to squeak it because Great Lake states turn blue'.

"Trump out in Dem landslide but Florida stubbornly stays red".
    That's about my take, though maybe less of the 'landslide'. It should be comfortable enough but Florida is different and will probably stay red.
    Yes - decisive win would be a more accurate description. I'll be calling it a landslide though if I possibly can. ☺
    If Texas flips, it's a landslide. Otherwise it's a normal win or a damn close thing.

I don't honestly think Texas will flip, but if it does the ECV distortion switches too. Instead of the ECV system favoring the GOP, it will then favor the Democrats. Cue bitter complaints about the system's unfairness!
    What do you mean by Texas "flipping"?

If Biden wins by a massive landslide that includes Texas this year, then any distortion in the translation of the popular vote to the Electoral College Vote is neither here nor there.

If, at some point in the future, Texas flips in the sense of being won by the Democrats when the national vote is even, then that would result in a lot of wasted Republican votes in Texas - but would it necessarily result in the system as a whole being distorted in the Democrats favour?

You might expect it to be balanced by some other States trending away from the Democrats - perhaps mid-sized States in the Mid-West. That would increase the Republican advantage in the Senate, and it's by no means guaranteed that the Democrats would have an advantage for the Presidency.
    True.
    But I think you can nonetheless guarantee bitter Republican complaints about unfairness, should they lose Texas.
  • Options

LadyG said:

IshmaelZ said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

I'm with you, bruh,

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    I thought the idea was we sit tight and nuke ourselves ?
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    Nigelb said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Drutt said:

Hello again everyone. Been away a while. New phone.

I very much doubt Trump is skipping preparation.

What is everyone's headline prediction (12 words or fewer) for US elections? Broadly mine is 'Biden to squeak it because Great Lake states turn blue'.

"Trump out in Dem landslide but Florida stubbornly stays red".
    That's about my take, though maybe less of the 'landslide'. It should be comfortable enough but Florida is different and will probably stay red.
    Yes - decisive win would be a more accurate description. I'll be calling it a landslide though if I possibly can. ☺
    If Texas flips, it's a landslide. Otherwise it's a normal win or a damn close thing.

I don't honestly think Texas will flip, but if it does the ECV distortion switches too. Instead of the ECV system favoring the GOP, it will then favor the Democrats. Cue bitter complaints about the system's unfairness!
    What do you mean by Texas "flipping"?

If Biden wins by a massive landslide that includes Texas this year, then any distortion in the translation of the popular vote to the Electoral College Vote is neither here nor there.

If, at some point in the future, Texas flips in the sense of being won by the Democrats when the national vote is even, then that would result in a lot of wasted Republican votes in Texas - but would it necessarily result in the system as a whole being distorted in the Democrats favour?

You might expect it to be balanced by some other States trending away from the Democrats - perhaps mid-sized States in the Mid-West. That would increase the Republican advantage in the Senate, and it's by no means guaranteed that the Democrats would have an advantage for the Presidency.
    True.
    But I think you can nonetheless guarantee bitter Republican complaints about unfairness, should they lose Texas.
    It is a bit of a myth that Texas always vote Republican. The Democrats carried the state in 1960 , 1964 and 1968 - and in the latter year Humphrey won there.despite losing nationally to Nixon. Carter also won in 1976.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,196

IshmaelZ said:

Scott_xP said:
    Fieldwork 7-8 September. If you think 37% is low, just wait till the Rule of 6 feeds in to the polling.
    Is this Johnson's worst day in office as PM?

The level of shambles, duplicity and miscommunication is off the scale.
    Actually on covid it has probably been one of his better days

Also on PMQs amazingly Starmer did not mention beaching the treaty and as a result Boris was better

It does not alter my opinion that Boris should go, but neither does it alter my opinion that we brexit with deal or no deal with no extensions, and I remain in the conservative party
    The press conference speech was very good until he got to the "space cadet", or whatever it is called ( moon landing? reach for the stars? I don't know?) stuff. From that moment I knew the man was as mad as a March hare.
  • Options
    MangoMango Posts: 1,013
    LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

Bye then.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,306
    You actually believe something that Trump said?

Why?
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818

FFS

‘Covid Marshalls’

Threats of curfews

Demonising the young

Does anyone, anywhere, with even the slightest humanity support the authoritarian morons who purport to lead us?

Yes.

The labour party. They 100 per cent support it.

And the press.

Who are more worried about upsetting Michel Barnier.

The great thing though, is that a crusade for liberty might unite many of us on here. People tearing each other to shreds would unite to retain the right to tear each other to shreds.

This discussion has been closed.