Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Trump decides that he doesn’t need special preparation for the

Comments

• Options

Newcastle United have released a statement saying that the Premier League have now formally rejected the proposed takeover bid, and that they are “considering all relevant options available to them”.

Interesting.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/club-statement-1/

Fucking hell, NUFC are telling bigger whoppers than Boris Johnson.

'Newcastle United can confirm that the Premier League has rejected a takeover bid made by PCP Capital Partners, the Reuben Brothers and the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF) based on its Owners and Directors test.

This conclusion has been reached despite the club providing the Premier League with overwhelming evidence and legal opinions that PIF is independent and autonomous of the Saudi Arabian government.'

Now let us look at the board of PIF.

The board contains the following

Ibrahim Abdulaziz Al-Assaf - Minister of State and member of the Saudi Council of Ministers

Majid Abdullah Al Qasabi - Minister of Commerce

Mohammad Abdul Malek Al Shaikh - Minister of State and member of the Saudi Council of Ministers

Ahmed Aqeel Al-Khateeb - Minister of Tourism

Khalid Abdulaziz Al-Falih - Minister of Investment

Mohammed Abdullah Al-Jadaan - Minister of Finance

and I nearly forget because it isn't important, the chairman of PIF Mohammad bin Salman, I mean he's only the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.

But yes, PIF is independent and autonomous of the Saudi Arabian government.

That does sound pretty conclusive!
    Here's the link.

https://www.pif.gov.sa/en/Pages/Boradmembers.aspx

Honestly Newcastle United Football Club should rename themselves Newcastle United Comedy Club for putting out that statement.
    Well we do play at Sid James Park

(According to our friends on Wearside)
  • Options

The only possible factor is that the Premier League is not cash rich. Can they afford extended and expensive litigation @TheScreamingEagles ?

You have to wonder just when fans will be allowed back

The season starts this weekend and with today's warnings that these draconian measures could carry on until the spring, just where will clubs be then especially those spending millions on players
  • Options

Good. Lets see how much "political will" they have to compromise. There's not been much to date.
    Boris Johnson will capitulate or it is No Deal.

The EU will not capitulate, they never have.
    Good, No Deal it is then.

Singapore in the Atlantic sounds good to me.
  • Options

LadyG said:

The EU is the quintessence of Perfidy. It is a lie in and of itself. "This is not the Giscard Constitution just hastily relabelled to avoid referendums, no no no, it it is a brand new Treaty. Honest. Really. Truly".

I see nothing wrong with the UK responding in a like manner. Finally.

Fuck the EU, fuck the moaners just get the fuck out and if they cause a stir summon the militias. Let the russet coated yeomen of England do what they're good at.

We are already out...
    Some need their Bogeyman...
  • Options

The only possible factor is that the Premier League is not cash rich. Can they afford extended and expensive litigation @TheScreamingEagles ?

Well it'd be effectively the clubs who'd vote to pay the legal fees.

I'm sure they'd be willing to ensure the nation that engages in piracy of PL tv rights.

Plus as per their last annual accounts, the PL has £1.5 billion cash in their bank accounts.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,921
    LadyG said:

Cyclefree said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

The EU is the quintessence of Perfidy. It it a lie in and of itself. "This is not the Giscard Constitution just hastily relabelled to avoid referendums, no no no, it it is a brand new Treaty. Honest. Really. Truly".

Fuck the EU, fuck the moaners just get the fuck out and if they cause a stir summon the militias. Let the russet coated yeomen of England do what they're good at.

The Lisbon Treaty is a perfect example of why I have zero respect for "international law" and I why I couldn't care less if "international law" is broken.

The Labour Government was elected on a manifesto promise not to implement the Constitution before a referendum, then they rebadged it and implemented it anyway, thus it became "international law".

Basic minimum standards like the ECHR are one thing for "international law" but too often nowadays its just simply politics through another means . . . and if its just politics, it must be reversible.
    The moment they smuggled through the Constitution as "the Lisbon Treaty" simply as a means to avoid the No votes in multiple referendums, was the moment when I realised the EU was not just arrogant, reprehensible and wearisome. but actively and repugnantly malign. A damnable thing. A vile construct, made for, by and via elites for the elite.

At that point it became justifiable to oppose it by any means, up to and including armed rebellion. I do not joke.

The EU is a piece of shit. If we have to break "international law" to get as far from its clutches as possible, then so be it. The greater moral good must prevail.
    It can’t be long before we get the “EU is like the Soviet Union” argument.

Time to go and leave the Leavers to it.
    I'm not arguing, or opining, I am stating the case. The EU Constitution/Lisbon Treaty was an absolute outrage, far greater than anything the UK proposes to do. It was a kind of euro-Federalist coup d'etat. Wars have been fought over much less.
    Sorry.

The EU did the equivalent of a cheap refurb of a flat. Splash of paint. Rename it. Hope no-one notices.

We shouldn't have signed it. Obviously.

But it wasn't like they were breaking a treaty.

A treaty that... our Prime Minister campaigning on passing, won an election on, signed, and then reneged on, all inside about 10 months?

I'm not even sure I care that much about us breaking the treaty in the general scheme of things. Frankly, if we've come to the end of the negotiating road, then hard choices have to be made.

But the Internal Market bill is insane. It bans courts into the UK from taking any precedent from bodies outside the UK. Which means, for example, we couldn't be members of NATO or the WTO or the Trans Pacific Partnership.
  • Options

Woman in Rochdale fined twice in same day for refusing to wear face mask in supermarket

The woman received two £100 fixed penalty notices in one afternoon

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/woman-rochdale-fined-twice-same-18907903

Doesn't the fine increase on additional breaches upto £3,200
  • Options

Good. Lets see how much "political will" they have to compromise. There's not been much to date.

Oh you're still trolling
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,821

They dont need to.

In your heart you must see how weak our position is surely

We are but a piss in the wind compared to the 27

Whereas Boris as expected is proving to be all piss and wind too
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    The last few days I have been finding that the PB comments have been falling out of sight off the end and not allowing me to load more comments. Is this general?

Anyway, concerning Trump's avowal of non preparation: it's true that he's the most successful BBS (Big Bull Sh##er) to hold the presidency is consistent with my advice never. to. believe. a word. he says.
  • Options
    moonshine said:

Another day, another lurch towards covid authoritarianism. Politicians read this site. Someone somewhere, please stand up against this insidious dangerous nonsense. There’s a growing body of public opinion that will hail you as a hero because right now, no one is speaking up for them.

I'm certainly increasingly worried where this is heading and the process for ending it.

What if a vaccine is two or more years away?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,903
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,862
    rcs1000 said:

But the Internal Market bill is insane. It bans courts into the UK from taking any precedent from bodies outside the UK. Which means, for example, we couldn't be members of NATO or the WTO or the Trans Pacific Partnership.

Not so much Singapore, as Rockall...
  • Options
    Toms said:

The last few days I have been finding that the PB comments have been falling out of sight off the end and not allowing me to load more comments. Is this general?

Anyway, concerning Trump's avowal of non preparation: it's true that he's the most successful BBS (Big Bull Sh##er) to hold the presidency is consistent with my advice never. to. believe. a word. he says.

To view all the comments you need to go via the Vanilla Forums.

https://vf.politicalbetting.com/discussions
  • Options

moonshine said:

Another day, another lurch towards covid authoritarianism. Politicians read this site. Someone somewhere, please stand up against this insidious dangerous nonsense. There’s a growing body of public opinion that will hail you as a hero because right now, no one is speaking up for them.

I'm certainly increasingly worried where this is heading and the process for ending it.

Terry Waite was chained to a radiator for four years. We'll live, well most of us anyway.
  • Options

moonshine said:

And of course they may never get a vaccine
  • Options
    LadyGLadyG Posts: 2,221
    rcs1000 said:

LadyG said:

Cyclefree said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

The EU is the quintessence of Perfidy. It it a lie in and of itself. "This is not the Giscard Constitution just hastily relabelled to avoid referendums, no no no, it it is a brand new Treaty. Honest. Really. Truly".

The Lisbon Treaty is a perfest simply politics through another means . . . and if its just politics, it must be reversible.
    The moment they smuggled through the Constitution as "the Lisbon Treaty" simply as a m so be it. The greater moral good must prevail.

I'm not arguing, or opining, I am stating the case. The EU Constitution/Lisbon Treaty was an absolute outrage, far greater than anything the UK proposes to do. It was a kind of euro-Federalist coup d'etat. Wars have been fought over much less.
    Sorry.

The EU did the equivalent of a cheap refurb of a flat. Splash of paint. Rename it. Hope no-one notices.

A treaty that... our Prime Minister campaigning on passing, won an election on, signed, and then reneged on, all inside about 10 months?

I'm not even sure I care that much about us breaking the treaty in the general scheme of things. Frankly, if we've come to the end of the negotiating road, then hard choices have to be made.

No, the Lisbon Betrayal was far worse than that. They fucked democracy itself. They said to the voters of France and the Netherlands: your votes are worthless, your democracy is meaningless, even if you oppose a EU Treaty we will simply rebadge it and force it through your parliaments, which are just puppets.

It was grotesque. You do yourself a disservice by trivialising what happened.

Some French politicians, by the way - clearly smarter than you - have accepted the enormity of what they did. They realise and admit that it led directly to the rise of Marine Le Pen.

This is what happens when you ignore referendums and tell the voters to sod off. You get actual quasi-Fascism.
  • Options

Toms said:

If you mention a certain Tory MP your will fall out of sight anyway!
  • Options

Toms said:

Yes thanx, but, although lacking moral or practical authority, I humbly ask "are we able to put it back the way it was?"
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

LadyG said:

Cyclefree said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

The Lisbon Treaty is a perfect example of why I have zero respect for "international law" and I why I couldn't care less if "international law" is broken.

The Labour Government was elected on a manifesto promise not to implement the Constitution before a referendum, then they rebadged it and implemented it anyway, thus it became "international law".

Basic minimum standards like the ECHR are one thing for "international law" but too often nowadays its just simply politics through another means . . . and if its just politics, it must be reversible.
    The moment they smuggled through the Constitution as "the Lisbon Treaty" simply as a means to avoid the No votes in multiple referendums, was the moment when I realised the EU was not just arrogant, reprehensible and wearisome. but actively and repugnantly malign. A damnable thing. A vile construct, made for, by and via elites for the elite.

At that point it became justifiable to oppose it by any means, up to and including armed rebellion. I do not joke.

The EU is a piece of shit. If we have to break "international law" to get as far from its clutches as possible, then so be it. The greater moral good must prevail.

Sorry.

The only way Lisbon was signed was by the Government breaking its Manifesto commitment to hold a referendum first.

I see no difference between breaking a Treaty and breaking the Manifesto to sign a Treaty.
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,826

Then its no deal
  • Options
    Toms said:

Toms said:

Yes thanx, but, although lacking moral or practical authority, I humbly ask "are we able to put it back the way it was?"
    I'll ask Robert.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077

rcs1000 said:

LadyG said:

Cyclefree said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

Sorry.

The only way Lisbon was signed was by the Government breaking its Manifesto commitment to hold a referendum first.

I see no difference between breaking a Treaty and breaking the Manifesto to sign a Treaty.
    :D
  • Options

https://twitter.com/K_Niemietz/status/1303789712012988420
  • Options

moonshine said:

Interesting poll

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1303721438919233541?s=09
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited September 2020
    Pagan2 said:

Then its no deal
    Out of the EU and Boris Johnson, Boris Johnson is the one with the much stronger recent record of capitulation - but dressed up as victory or progress.

But will this continue ? I have no idea.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,561
    rcs1000 said:

Singapore is rich because it's a place with the rule of law, and with an incredible geographical position next to some of the fastest growing economies on the planet. It's piggybacked on China and the like, and that's why it has grown so fast.

We'll be, geographically, right next to the EU.

It's also a country whose growth model has been predicated - like Germany - or suppressing domestic consumption to foster exports.

We could do that, sure, but it would be a bit of a shock to the system given that the British model has been to drive consumption up, and say "fuck that" to exports.
    Singapore is also a country where homosexual acts are illegal and homosexual relationships are not recognised.

Hardly a good model.
  • Options
    I see no other course for us now, but war.

• Options

rcs1000 said:

LadyG said:

Cyclefree said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

Sorry.

You think ratifying Treaties you have pledged not to ratify in a Manifesto should make that Treaty "international law" and inviolable?
  • Options
    LadyG said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY&ab_channel=Jmagunda
  • Options
    LadyG said:

I assume you’ll be on the front line with a few bottles of red?
  • Options
    LadyG said:

Sean, is this your last hurrah before your new account signs on?
  • Options
    LadyG said:

What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing.

Say it again
  • Options

LadyG said:

We can't have a war, think of the carbon emissions xr will go ballistic
  • Options
    LadyG said:

We went to war because of a treaty we signed 100 years earlier

BoZo won't stand by one he signed this year.

Twat.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    LadyG said:

Been there done that. If we can hold out for another decade or two Mo/Fa/ther Nature will settle it decisively.*

*with a bit of help from us
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

You make light of a solemn moment. That's a fine piece of satire, but this is the real world. And it has taken a very frightening and inevitably warlike turn.

This is our time to fight, our generation cannot shun this any longer. We will need to shed blood for our independence - take on the Belgians and the Irish, and die in the doing so - or we shall die like vile poisoned rats, writhing in the sewers of our surrender.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

Could get some economic growth going though.
  • Options

moonshine said:

Interesting poll

I'm less bothered about the 30 to 6 number than the ordering that all people who go to pub or restaurant must give their contact details.

• Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited September 2020
    LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

You make light of a solemn moment. That's a fine piece of satire, but this is the real world. And it has taken a very frightening and inevitably warlike turn.

This is our time to fight, our generation cannot shun this any longer. We will need to shed blood for our independence - take on the Belgians and the Irish, and die in the doing so - or we shall die like vile poisoned rats, writhing in the sewers of our surrender.
    I suggest a nice relaxing hot water battle and hot toddy, if the red has been a bit strong tonight.

"Writhing in the sewers of our surrender" is a great poetic line, though.
  • Options
    LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

I’d rather surrender than fight in your insane hypothetical war.
  • Options

moonshine said:

Interesting poll

I'm less bothered about the 30 to 6 number than the ordering that all people who go to pub or restaurant must give their contact details.

The laws around this no longer have credence just ignore them like most will and if the marshalls try and interfere laugh at them and walk off like PCSO's they will have no power to detain you
  • Options
    CorrectHorseBatteryCorrectHorseBattery Posts: 21,436
    edited September 2020
    Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

I see you've been given your Internet privileges back
  • Options

moonshine said:

Interesting poll

Why?
  • Options

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

Cool so if you're surrendering we win then? 😉
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

Never lost them unlike some though I don't spend all day every day here. I have something called a life
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

LadyG said:

We went to war because of a treaty we signed 100 years earlier

BoZo won't stand by one he signed this year.

Twat.

Boris get through treaties quicker than he get through girlfriends.
  • Options

Boris get through treaties quicker than he get through girlfriends.

I am not sure that is true...
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,159
    edited September 2020
    We were wondering how No.10 engineers Sunak's resignation...

https://twitter.com/MsHelicat/status/1303792339199111169/photo/1
  • Options
    LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

Alcohol: opiate of the masses :lol:
  • Options

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

So you are literally a traitor. An appeaser. A pacifist who will not stand up for Britain, why? Because you love to lick the boot of Brussels, and you live to invaginate the weird knuckled fist of Washington.

You are an insect. No, worse than an insect. You are the parasite on the feces of an insect. No, worse than that. You are the micro-maggot inside the anus of a parasite that feasts on the excreta of an insect inside the prolapsed colon of a shrieking, mange-ridden weasel. I will stop there, before I go too far.
  • Options

moonshine said:

Interesting poll

Why would you be worried when without the detail contact tracing becomes impossible

We all have to act responsibly to beat this virus

Mind you it will not apply to us as we are in a semi voluntary lockdown due to our age and health conditions and will not be visiting pubs or restaurants
  • Options
    LadyG said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

So you are literally a traitor. An appeaser. A pacifist who will not stand up for Britain, why? Because you love to lick the boot of Brussels, and you live to invaginate the weird knuckled fist of Washington.

You are an insect. No, worse than an insect. You are the parasite on the feces of an insect. No, worse than that. You are the micro-maggot inside the anus of a parasite that feasts on the excreta of an insect inside the prolapsed colon of a shrieking, mange-ridden weasel. I will stop there, before I go too far.
    Try "ponceyboots".
  • Options
    LadyG said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

Is invaginate actually a word?
  • Options
    LadyG said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

Too far - you ? Never !
  • Options
    My Brexit focus group today revealed boredom with the issue, noone in the real world cares much about it any more if at all.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

I say we resolve this like the rebels at Masada by the suicide of every man, woman and child in the UK. That'll show them.
  • Options
    LadyG said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

• Options
    Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/invaginate
  • Options
    We’re really rinsing this magic money tree. The next Labour government is going to have a field day.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    This insanity needs to stop. Complete loss of any sense of perspective now.

Somebody help him.

Even if we accept Ferguson's figure of 500K dead if we do absolutely nothing that comes out as £200,000 per life saved by my reckoning.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

moonshine said:

Interesting poll

The laws around this no longer have credence just ignore them like most will and if the marshalls try and interfere laugh at them and walk off like PCSO's they will have no power to detain you
    Not according to this poll

• Options
    LadyG said:

So you are literally a traitor.

Who are you going to blame when BoZo inevitably fucks this up?
  • Options
    LadyG said:

Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/invaginate
    Who claimed PB wasnt educational
  • Options

moonshine said:

Interesting poll

If there's one thing people will support, it's the state stopping their neighbours having fun :D
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

LadyG said:

So you are literally a traitor.

Who are you going to blame when BoZo inevitably fucks this up?
    It’s probably my fault personally.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

Scott_xP said:
    This insanity needs to stop. Complete loss of any sense of perspective now.

Somebody help him.

Even if we accept Ferguson's figure of 500K dead if we do absolutely nothing that comes out as £200,000 per life saved by my reckoning.
    I thought people wanted more tests? ;)
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

I say we resolve this like the rebels at Masada by the suicide of every man, woman and child in the UK. That'll show them.
    I'm with you, bruh,

Who else has the manliness and the guts to join us in our noble, vital and spectacularly futile act of mass national self harm?

Come on. Let these refusenik cowards show their colours.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Scott_xP said:
    Fieldwork 7-8 September. If you think 37% is low, just wait till the Rule of 6 feeds in to the polling.
  • Options

More like Hong Kong in the Atlantic...
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Scott_xP said:
    Fieldwork 7-8 September. If you think 37% is low, just wait till the Rule of 6 feeds in to the polling.
    It'll send Gov't approval north I think (Ceteris paribus). Quite a popular measure according to Yougov.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

Never lost them unlike some though I don't spend all day every day here. I have something called a life
    In real life I think of you like this:

• Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Scott_xP said:
    Is this Johnson's worst day in office as PM?

The level of shambles, duplicity and miscommunication is off the scale.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,362
    edited September 2020
    rcs1000 said:

Singapore is rich because it's a place with the rule of law, and with an incredible geographical position next to some of the fastest growing economies on the planet. It's piggybacked on China and the like, and that's why it has grown so fast.

It's also a country whose growth model has been predicated - like Germany - or suppressing domestic consumption to foster exports.

We could do that, sure, but it would be a bit of a shock to the system given that the British model has been to drive consumption up, and say "fuck that" to exports.
    One of my lockdown guilty pleasures has been binge-watching Hustle on iplayer. The key dynamic of the con trick is to offer the victim Something for Nothing, then give them Nothing for Something.

If the VL campaign (£350 million a week for the NHS!) ends up delivering Singapore-on-Thames, large chunks of the Leave vote can reasonably say they have been conned. (Except the magic of the con trick is that the victim is too embarrassed / ashamed to admit what happened, so the trickster gets away with it...)
  • Options

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Drutt said:

Hello again everyone. Been away a while. New phone.

I very much doubt Trump is skipping preparation.

What is everyone's headline prediction (12 words or fewer) for US elections? Broadly mine is 'Biden to squeak it because Great Lake states turn blue'.

"Trump out in Dem landslide but Florida stubbornly stays red".
    That's about my take, though maybe less of the 'landslide'. It should be comfortable enough but Florida is different and will probably stay red.
    Yes - decisive win would be a more accurate description. I'll be calling it a landslide though if I possibly can. ☺
    If Texas flips, it's a landslide. Otherwise it's a normal win or a damn close thing.

I don't honestly think Texas will flip, but if it does the ECV distortion switches too. Instead of the ECV system favoring the GOP, it will then favor the Democrats. Cue bitter complaints about the system's unfairness!
    What do you mean by Texas "flipping"?

If Biden wins by a massive landslide that includes Texas this year, then any distortion in the translation of the popular vote to the Electoral College Vote is neither here nor there.

If, at some point in the future, Texas flips in the sense of being won by the Democrats when the national vote is even, then that would result in a lot of wasted Republican votes in Texas - but would it necessarily result in the system as a whole being distorted in the Democrats favour?

You might expect it to be balanced by some other States trending away from the Democrats - perhaps mid-sized States in the Mid-West. That would increase the Republican advantage in the Senate, and it's by no means guaranteed that the Democrats would have an advantage for the Presidency.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    For a hundred billion we could probably do an actual moonshot and create a sort of lunar covid penal colony, or something.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

moonshine said:

Interesting poll

Not according to this poll

I was supportive of the temporary lockdown in march, we were assured it was a temporary measure. 6 months later its beginning to look not so temporary and worse we are being told isolate and don't be naughty unless its making someone money by us going to work, using restaurants, travelling abroad, going to pubs.

If the government was being coherent and shutting down foreign travel, bars, restaurants and saying keep working from home I would be inclined to think not happy but still go along. They aren't so they as far as I am concerned can go swivel and I refuse to obey
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,921

Toms said:

Toms said:

I'll ask Robert.
    I'll get to it this evening...
  • Options

We’re really rinsing this magic money tree. The next Labour government is going to have a field day.

They'll be taking over a cratered wreck of country at this rate.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,932
    Pulpstar said:

My Brexit focus group today revealed boredom with the issue, noone in the real world cares much about it any more if at all.

We left - Boris sorted it last November so why is it still an issue?

Now I know the answer to that but the general public don't
  • Options

For a hundred billion we could probably do an actual moonshot and create a sort of lunar covid penal colony, or something.

Good idea. Maybe Patel could run some kind of refugee processing centre up there. Well worth the money.
  • Options

They'll be taking over a cratered wreck of country at this rate.
    However, it is the same right across the West. Every government is panicking. They have no answer. None of them.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

Ah so you are happy to assume my age, gender and sex on no evidence whatsoever?
  • Options

moonshine said:

Interesting poll

Why?
    Do you trust this govt?

Of course, it is easily fixed. Do not eat out.
  • Options
    LadyG said:

IshmaelZ said:

LadyG said:

Pulpstar said:

LadyG said:

I'm with you, bruh,

Who else has the manliness and the guts to join us in our noble, vital and spectacularly futile act of mass national self harm?

Come on. Let these refusenik cowards show their colours.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

LadyG said:

Ah so you are happy to assume my age, gender and sex on no evidence whatsoever?
    You can give - but you can't take it
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Singapore is also a country where homosexual acts are illegal and homosexual relationships are not recognised.

Hardly a good model.
    Given the history of the Tory party ....
This discussion has been closed.