Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 11,711
edited August 2020 in General
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ClippPClippP Posts: 1,706
    edited August 2020
    First. And about time too!
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,871
    edited August 2020
    SECOND LIKE Trump...
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,894
    Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

More detail on the Bannon scam; even their public declarations were dodgy as hell...
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article245108445.html
    ... The group later told the department that it took in $30 million in revenue in 2019 and spent $21 million on administrative expenses...
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,632
    edited August 2020
    First, once I do my magic.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,894
    If you need cheering up this afternoon.

https://twitter.com/Sci_Phile/status/1296199633165787136
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    Democrats getting nervous again!

They know Biden/Harris isn't going to win!!
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,799
    FPT:

Cyclefree said:

ydoethur said:

I would have sworn OFQUAL couldn’t have fucked this up more than they have.

I should have had more faith.

What it does do is underline, even more than last week, is how stupid and inaccurate this algorithm is.
    Doesn’t it show the stupidity of having an algorithm at all when you are trying to deal with individual outcomes? Use of an algorithm is a category error.
    The political decision was taken to use an algorithm so that the results in aggregate would be comparable with the years before and after. It was decided that this was more important than the accuracy of the results for individuals.

The algorithm did what was asked of it just fine.
    Yes - they've just swapped one problem for several others. But that's the trouble with populists - they want to remain popular. They are already coping with the new problems they've created.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,187
    Watched Biden's speech on BBC Parliament and it was OK, intros from family, promises of unity and to stand up for the little guy etc but doubt it will have changed many minds.

The election will be decided in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Florida in my view, we will see if Biden gets a post convention bounce and Trump gets a bounce after next week
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,871
    Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

More detail on the Bannon scam; even their public declarations were dodgy as hell...
    ... The group later told the department that it took in $30 million in revenue in 2019 and spent $21 million on administrative expenses...
    Like in a Kleptocracy, coming here soon...
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818
    The debates, if they happen, are going to be extraordinary TV. Extraordinary.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,325

First, once I do my magic.

Like Trump..
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,351
    Scott_xP said:
    Do you think we should keep schools shut? There is an average of 0.6 Covid positive people per hospital at the moment.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,663
    NHS England hospital data

Headline - 5
    7 days - 5
    Yesterday - 2

Of interest is the 19th - the first zero day that has stayed zero this long. Given the reporting delay curve, it is quite possible that the 19th will stay zero. We shall see.

• Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818

Scott_xP said:
    Do you think we should keep schools shut? There is an average of 0.6 Covid positive people per hospital at the moment.
    That's the same SAGE team that overstated COVID hospital admissions at the height of the crisis?

I
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,736

Scott_xP said:
    Ha ha. No doubt many teachers and their unions will say that. Schools not safe are they?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

That reminds me of some really appalling "Charities" - which consisted of engines to raise money for upper class lifestyles for the board, and next to no actual work on the charitable object in question. Apart from lobbying governments for money for said cause, said money to be given to said charity.....
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,601

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

That reminds me of some really appalling "Charities" - which consisted of engines to raise money for upper class lifestyles for the board, and next to no actual work on the charitable object in question. Apart from lobbying governments for money for said cause, said money to be given to said charity.....
    That was what I thought when I heard the news. Donation funds being used to pay the extravagant expenses of their senior staff - isn't that just how the charitable sector works?
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    Stocky said:

Scott_xP said:
    Ha ha. No doubt many teachers and their unions will say that. Schools not safe are they?
    We might as well lay off the teachers since they have no one to teach .....
  • Options
    I see it is all kicking off in Corbynite twitter world.
  • Options
    guybrushguybrush Posts: 237
    Really appreciate your work posting the stats @Malmesbury, very useful to have the up-to-date information in a digestible form.

Regarding the Crossrail delay, I don't think anyone familiar with the detail of the work is surprised it's gone back. Covid certainly won't have helped, but in some ways it's provided a useful way of saving face for the organisation.
  • Options
    Pakistan are into the England tail now.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,472
    Stocky said:

Scott_xP said:
    The government says that after their new guidance they are as safe as their results algorithm. That should be good enough for everybody.
  • Options

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

That was what I thought when I heard the news. Donation funds being used to pay the extravagant expenses of their senior staff - isn't that just how the charitable sector works?
    There was one in particular, here, that was especially outrageous.

Their business plan was thus -

1) Get money from various governments
    2) Use the money to hold conferences on the charitable goal at out of season high resorts. Think Caribbean...
    3) Pay for attendance of decision influencers from around the world. 100% free.
    4) Lobby at conference for more money
    5) see 1

In that little loop -

1) a) pay themselves (a couple ran it) huge salaries. Everything on expenses.
    1) b) treat staff like serfs
    1) c) do next to nothing on actual charitable aim.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Pakistan all over England like a cheap suit.

England will be lucky to make 200 here.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,047
    Pennsylvania is probably the tipping point state this time, and at the moment Biden has an average lead of about 5 percentage points. If that's true a 2.5% swing would make it a 50/50 election overall.
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981

Do tell...
  • Options

Why? Do they not find pandas funny?
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

2) Use the money to hold conferences on the charitable goal at out of season high resorts. Think Caribbean...
    5) see 1

In that little loop -

Give your money to The Salvation Army the only charity you can trust 98% gets to where it’s needed.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

Scott_xP said:
    The government says that after their new guidance they are as safe as their results algorithm. That should be good enough for everybody.
    I was talking to a teacher yesterday. We agreed that it is uncomfortable for teachers that the CAGs were made public knowledge and parents and pupils know what grades their teachers gave. Not very fair really.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Why? Do they not find pandas funny?
    That panda clip would calm anyone down. Even CHB.
  • Options
    Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

Scott_xP said:
    I was talking to a teacher yesterday. We agreed that it is uncomfortable for teachers that the CAGs were made public knowledge and parents and pupils know what grades their teachers gave. Not very fair really.
    They weren’t until after the algorithmised (horrible word) results were published.
  • Options
    nichomar said:

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

5) see 1

In that little loop -

Give your money to The Salvation Army the only charity you can trust 98% gets to where it’s needed.
    It is only a matter of time before the leaches find them.

They are at work in the RNLI at the moment. Bigger offices, larger salaries. Won't be long before they start "improving" the tendering process for new lifeboats....
  • Options

Do tell...
    Well the editor of The Canary went full Justin 124 and Owen Jones called her out on it, and well.

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1296787877435760640
    https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1296789606562701312

https://twitter.com/TheMendozaWoman/status/1296792836441018368
    https://twitter.com/TheMendozaWoman/status/1296758778382221318

So anyhoo Corbynite Twitter is denouncing Owen Jones as a Tory melt.

https://twitter.com/trueclausefour/status/1296768045701111809
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,106
    Owen Jones has been canceled.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,483
    Andy_JS said:

Pennsylvania is probably the tipping point state this time, and at the moment Biden has an average lead of about 5 percentage points. If that's true a 2.5% swing would make it a 50/50 election overall.

538 give Biden a national lead of 8.6% and a PA lead of 6.1%. So a 3% swing.

What's interesting is it suggests the fundamentals of the electoral battleground haven't changed since 2016. Trump can win the electoral college with a national vote deficit of 2-3%.

Some claimed he would do better in states like PA, WI, MI, etc, eroding the electoral college advantage held by Trump. Others have said the Democrats will pile up votes in the West and North-East, growing the difference between the popular vote and the electoral college. If the polls are right, neither is happening.
  • Options
    The Canary is worse than the Daily Mail, there I said it.

And wankbox has a worse website than Guido, who called me biased?
  • Options

Do tell...
    Well the editor of The Canary went full Justin 124 and Owen Jones called her out on it, and well.

Bloody hell.

One of the weird things about recent weeks is I find myself having more and more respect for Owen Jones.

He at least seems to have some integrity and humility. And I certainly can’t fault his courage.

Unlike nutters such as Mendoza, Walker and Sarkar.

Still think he talks a load of rubbish on economics, mind.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

I regard you as a centre moderate, just like me! :lol:
  • Options

I find the first-we-must-purify-the-revolution thing fascinating. Across all cultures and ideologies - it is a constant.

The revolution may or may not be on TV. But it always eats itself.
  • Options

nichomar said:

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

5) see 1

In that little loop -

They are at work in the RNLI at the moment. Bigger offices, larger salaries. Won't be long before they start "improving" the tendering process for new lifeboats....
    I assume from that you don’t understand how the SA is structured and run.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

I regard you as a centre moderate, just like me! :lol:
    Moderate, as in moderately insane
  • Options
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

5) see 1

In that little loop -

Fundraisers will be band from its structure.
  • Options
    There is not a single cranky Tweet that Ed Poole has not commented on, he's doing so much spinning he should start a washing machine company
  • Options
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

5) see 1

In that little loop -

Oh, I do.

But the entryists from the "Professional Charitable Sector" will get them in the end.

The first step is to get any silly rules about preventing entryism removed on the grounds of "discrimination" and "best practise".
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

538 give Biden a national lead of 8.6% and a PA lead of 6.1%. So a 3% swing.

What's interesting is it suggests the fundamentals of the electoral battleground haven't changed since 2016. Trump can win the electoral college with a national vote deficit of 2-3%.

Some claimed he would do better in states like PA, WI, MI, etc, eroding the electoral college advantage held by Trump. Others have said the Democrats will pile up votes in the West and North-East, growing the difference between the popular vote and the electoral college. If the polls are right, neither is happening.
    Some people think Trump will do better in California this time which may boost his popular vote share, including rcs1000 IIRC.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,756
    nichomar said:

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

5) see 1

In that little loop -

Saving souls?

They're a religious sect. Won't be seeing any of my cash.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Do tell...

Bloody hell.

One of the weird things about recent weeks is I find myself having more and more respect for Owen Jones.

He at least seems to have some integrity and humility. And I certainly can’t fault his courage.

"Unlike nutters such as Mendoza, Walker and Sarkar."

You do realise that you will find yourself expressing similar opinions about them, when they are being done over by yet more extreme loonies?

• Options
    Alphabet_SoupAlphabet_Soup Posts: 2,772
    nichomar said:

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

5) see 1

In that little loop -

Have you seen their City of London headquarters at 101 Victoria Street? It wouldn't disgrace a hedge fund.
  • Options
    To be entirely fair to Owen, he might be a leftie but he pretty much lost favour with Corbyn and co before 2017 when he wrote a very critical article of Corbyn.

I think some of his views are nuts but I don't think he's an outrider like Aaron or Ash
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,799
    edited August 2020
    How you police quarantine, continued.

https://twitter.com/GuernseyPolice/status/1296767162762366976?s=20

For UK equivalent numbers, multiply by one thousand.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125

It's an ill wind.....
  • Options
    Genuinely what is going on with Apple, these share prices are nuts
  • Options

nichomar said:

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

5) see 1

In that little loop -

Saving souls?

They're a religious sect. Won't be seeing any of my cash.
    They are most active in homelessness, the fact that it does tend to be something your born into it could be seen as sect like but I’ve never known them to force themselves upon others.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Do tell...

Bloody hell.

You do realise that you will find yourself expressing similar opinions about them, when they are being done over by yet more extreme loonies?

*Raises eyebrows*

Who have you got in mind who will be more extreme than Ash Sarkar or self-declared fake news nutcase Steve Walker?

(Incidentally I’ve no objection to supporting even total loons like Macdonnell if they say something sensible. What’s unexpected about Owen Jones is he seems to be becoming consistently more mainstream.)
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,756
    Well done Northern Monk brewery. Getting free publicity on both news channels.

Anyone fancy a pint?
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,809
    Salvation Army use Workfare. Will never give money to them for that.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1296797664865071105

The idea we have avoided a second wave is for the birds
  • Options
    If you don’t like the Salvation Army try Lend with Care An organisation that lends your money to third world start up businesses. I’ve had £150 circulating around for four years now on five different projects and paid back in full each time.
  • Options

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

5) see 1

In that little loop -

Yeah, I know of a charity like that, based down in Kent. Loved the Caribbean.
  • Options

Arrived at my GP surgery to have a nurse look at my surgery wound. My god they are useless.

No instructions sent prior. It appears that you are supposed to wait outside in a line until a nurse comes out to get you. This is despite me keeling over with a meaty stomach wound. This information blew their mind.

I’m now sitting in the porch whilst person after person comes to the door having no idea whats going on, whilst I listen to 4 reception staff having a rather ignorant convo about lesbians.

Absolute disgrace from top to bottom.

Sorry to hear this mate, perhaps a strongly worded email wouldn't go amiss.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,106
    I may also add there is an absolutely huge waiting room sitting empty.
  • Options

Arrived at my GP surgery to have a nurse look at my surgery wound. My god they are useless.

No instructions sent prior. It appears that you are supposed to wait outside in a line until a nurse comes out to get you. This is despite me keeling over with a meaty stomach wound. This information blew their mind.

I’m now sitting in the porch whilst person after person comes to the door having no idea whats going on, whilst I listen to 4 reception staff having a rather ignorant convo about lesbians.

Mine are so hapless they don’t even know how to write a prescription.

Fortunately the summer holidays have done wonders for my stress related illness.
  • Options

Argh, sorry to hear this. GPs round here seem equally hopeless, and repeat prescriptions are an absolute farce. (After this is over there may need to be a conversation about GP accountability.)

I hope your recovery is as smooth as possible.

--AS
  • Options

Bad advice. All they will do is invoke difficult patient policy and make up a pack of lies.

The smart move if you want to kick up a stink would be to complain straight to the CQC on the grounds they are compromising patient care.
  • Options
    nichomar said:

If you don’t like the Salvation Army try Lend with Care An organisation that lends your money to third world start up businesses. I’ve had £150 circulating around for four years now on five different projects and paid back in full each time.

I have concerns about any outfit running charity shops - a nice touch is that they send paid staff home, if they can get enough volunteers.....
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Bad advice. All they will do is invoke difficult patient policy and make up a pack of lies.

The smart move if you want to kick up a stink would be to complain straight to the CQC on the grounds they are compromising patient care.
    Well you clearly know much more than me, consider my advice withdrawn
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,014
    Mr. Gate, hope everything goes well for you, once you get past the waiting incompetence.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Do tell...

Bloody hell.

*Raises eyebrows*

Who have you got in mind who will be more extreme than Ash Sarkar or self-declared fake news nutcase Steve Walker?

(Incidentally I’ve no objection to supporting even total loons like Macdonnell if they say something sensible. What’s unexpected about Owen Jones is he seems to be becoming consistently more mainstream.)
    The universe will find ever more levels of extremism.

Remember, there was a time that the Chuckle Brothers were the last word in terrorist nastiness in the UK. Now look at them. Elder statesmen, pretty much.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

That was the advice a friend of mine who works for the NHS in Derby gave me after my GP cocked up a second consecutive repeat prescription.

There may be others who have alternative solutions based on greater knowledge, but GP surgeries are infamous for covering their own backs. Apparently some of them define 90% of their patients as ‘difficult’ when they don’t want to book appointments.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Do tell...

Bloody hell.

*Raises eyebrows*

Remember, there was a time that the Chuckle Brothers were the last word in terrorist nastiness in the UK. Now look at them. Elder statesmen, pretty much.
    The Chuckle Brothers? Terrorists?

I know their programme was a bit twee in some ways, but that’s pitching it much too strong.
  • Options
    The other day I made a comparison between Trump and Hitler, I would like to apologise for any offence caused, especially to any of our Jewish members.
  • Options
    Tory U-turn on evictions, Labour win again!
  • Options
    Such is the strength of a credible opposition.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Do tell...

Bloody hell.

*Raises eyebrows*

I know their programme was a bit twee in some ways, but that’s pitching it much too strong.
    Sardonic term for Gerry Adams & Martin McGuinness
  • Options
    Mr. Doethur, I can strongly recommend watching the video of the Chuckle Brothers playing live Hitman.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Do tell...

Bloody hell.

*Raises eyebrows*

Ah.

Burrowing into the recesses of what passes for my mind, are you sure it was a reference to Macguinness and Adams and not Macguinness and Paisley?
  • Options

I may also add there is an absolutely huge waiting room sitting empty.

That is terrible

I had to have wound dressings a couple of months ago and the nurse arranged the appointment, I sat in my car and she called me straight into the treatment room , and then back to my car. It was seamless and nobody hangs around the medical centre as they cannot gain access without a telephone triage and appointment
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,325

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Do tell...

Bloody hell.

*Raises eyebrows*

Paisley and McGuinness.

Iain Paisley had absolutely no connection to terrorism, oh no, absolutely not.
  • Options

Mr. Doethur, I can strongly recommend watching the video of the Chuckle Brothers playing live Hitman.

Really?

Clearly I underrated them.
  • Options

The question is: why should landlords provide a service if they're not being paid for it?
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1296778229232132098

So, odds on capitulation vs No Deal?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Mine are so hapless they don’t even know how to write a prescription.

Fortunately the summer holidays have done wonders for my stress related illness.
    What has been going on in Local Surgeries over the past 5 months has been an absolute disgrace. Many just saw Covid as a reason to send everyone away and do nothing.
  • Options

Such is the strength of a credible opposition.

I very much doubt it has anything to do with the opposition rather than a realization that the potential for disaster out headlines has just dawned on them. I’m afraid the opposition may as well not exist until it has restored its credibility and acquired a coherent policy direction.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Do tell...

Bloody hell.

*Raises eyebrows*

Ah.

Burrowing into the recesses of what passes for my mind, are you sure it was a reference to Macguinness and Adams and not Macguinness and Paisley?
    I think it has been used for both. Both were double acts....
  • Options
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

Foxy said:

Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

SECOND LIKE Trump...

Don’t like Trump at all.

5) see 1

In that little loop -

Frau Farbissina in "Austin Powers" is leader of the Militant Wing of the SA.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,476
    edited August 2020

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Do tell...

Bloody hell.

*Raises eyebrows*

Actually the term "Chuckle Brothers" was used for Ian Paisley Snr. and Martin McGuiness.
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/how-martin-mcguinness-and-ian-paisley-forged-an-unlikely-friendship-35550640.html
  • Options
    It looks increasingly like no deal sadly
  • Options

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Do tell...

Bloody hell.

*Raises eyebrows*

Ah.

I think it has been used for both. Both were double acts....
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/how-martin-mcguinness-and-ian-paisley-forged-an-unlikely-friendship-35550640.html
  • Options

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1296797664865071105

The idea we have avoided a second wave is for the birds

Look at hospital numbers not postive cases
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,851
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

That was the advice a friend of mine who works for the NHS in Derby gave me after my GP cocked up a second consecutive repeat prescription.

There may be others who have alternative solutions based on greater knowledge, but GP surgeries are infamous for covering their own backs. Apparently some of them define 90% of their patients as ‘difficult’ when they don’t want to book appointments.
    These days I order repeat prescriptions from superdrug directly as I get same day service. Whereas my surgery would generally take several days and then not send it to the pharmacy I nominated which meant I would have to try and get hold of reception to find out which pharmacy they had actually sent it to.
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    Andy_JS said:

The question is: why should landlords provide a service if they're not being paid for it?
    Of the cases currently stayed, most will be Section 21 ("no fault") and not Section 8 (e.g. arrears).

I personally would have done as you imply and allowed section 8 but not section 21 cases to proceed. The government is committed to scrapping section 21 anyway.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,420
    edited August 2020
    Andy_JS said:

I do not see any of this as U turns but adjustments as they become necessary and these adjustments will continue for months to come
  • Options
    I still think neither: it will be a compromise.

People who hate Boris and people who hate Brussels will call it a capitulation, but it will be a compromise.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Speaking as a landlord who provides such a service:

Because there’s a hell of a difference between saying somebody can’t use a taxi and making someone homeless.

The knock on effects of mass evictions would be far graver than landlords - most of whom, let’s be fair, are not short of a few bob - losing a couple of months’ rent.

Moreover, even just looking in the short term, we don’t want thousands of people milling around in confusion in shared accommodation in the middle of a pandemic.
This discussion has been closed.