Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tonight’s WH2020 betting: Next President and the Dems VP Nomin

1235»

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,139

DavidL said:

I may say that the GDP figures also make the positioning of Nicola look seriously behind the curve yesterday. Stuck behind her "stay at home" lectern she indicated that Scotland may allow pubs, cafes and restaurants to open up in another month. It just won't do. Alastair Jack (the Scottish Secretary) was on the radio this morning saying Scotland must open up again as quickly as possible. Stopped clocks do come to mind but he is absolutely right about this.

It is how I responded to Malc continuing his beatification of the saintly Nicola

She is in her comfort zone hiding behind stay at home and is 'feart' to come out of the front door

In her news conference yesterday she accepted job loses are inevitable but will look to the UK government to bail her out which of course is why the union is so important
    G, you must have some kind of rosy specs on , I have never in my puff beatified Sturgeon , in general I criticise her, however on the pandemic she has made the Westminster donkeys look as bad as they are and has very high poll ratings for her handling the hand she has, given westminster have all the control.
    You seem obsessed to try and deflect from Johnson by obsessing with Sturgeon.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    LOL, Gove could not run a bath, the odious little creep has run out of lies.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

I may say that the GDP figures also make the positioning of Nicola look seriously behind the curve yesterday. Stuck behind her "stay at home" lectern she indicated that Scotland may allow pubs, cafes and restaurants to open up in another month. It just won't do. Alastair Jack (the Scottish Secretary) was on the radio this morning saying Scotland must open up again as quickly as possible. Stopped clocks do come to mind but he is absolutely right about this.

It is how I responded to Malc continuing his beatification of the saintly Nicola

She is in her comfort zone hiding behind stay at home and is 'feart' to come out of the front door

In her news conference yesterday she accepted job loses are inevitable but will look to the UK government to bail her out which of course is why the union is so important
    She has earned quite a lot of kudos during this by being more "responsible", "grown up" and cautious. But the price of caution has just been quantified and it is huge.
    I think she is pretty unassailable TBH, as most Scots infinitely prefer her presentation to that of Boris who comes across as comedy Etonian (not in a good way). However there are weaknesses and the Scots Tories have finally managed to get the failings over care home testing across, albeit by being OTT and calling for Jeane Freeman's resignation.
    I am not so much worried about her assailability as the consequences of her caution for the Scottish economy. They could be very severe.
    Tough choice either way, imagine best gamble is open for tourism and hope no rise in covid , other way even if right choice will always be a what if on economy. It is either devil or the deep blue sea.
This discussion has been closed.