Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Template

124»

Comments

• Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,556
    HYUFD said:
    What is Boris's position on glory holes?
  • Options
    Science catches up with PB on facemasks.

Population-wide face mask use could push COVID-19 transmission down to controllable levels for national epidemics, and could prevent further waves of the pandemic disease when combined with lockdowns, according to a British study on Wednesday.

The research, led by scientists at the Britain’s Cambridge and Greenwich Universities, suggests lockdowns alone will not stop the resurgence of the new SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, but that even homemade masks can dramatically reduce transmission rates if enough people wear them in public.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-masks-study/widespread-mask-wearing-could-prevent-covid-19-second-waves-study-idUKKBN23G38L
  • Options
    Are drive-in cinemas the new garden centres? From Monday we can go to drive-in cinemas. Who on earth was lobbying for drive-in cinemas?

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,074

Population-wide face mask use could push COVID-19 transmission down to controllable levels for national epidemics, and could prevent further waves of the pandemic disease when combined with lockdowns, according to a British study on Wednesday.

The research, led by scientists at the Britain’s Cambridge and Greenwich Universities, suggests lockdowns alone will not stop the resurgence of the new SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, but that even homemade masks can dramatically reduce transmission rates if enough people wear them in public.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-masks-study/widespread-mask-wearing-could-prevent-covid-19-second-waves-study-idUKKBN23G38L

No!

Really? That's incredible, what with us already knowing that countries where face masks are common have much lower CV-19 incidence and all.
  • Options

Sounds like the Seattle Commune is going about as well as expected. They now have a "warlord".

On the positive side they've developed a newfound love of borders.

I wonder if they've read about the Paris Commune?
  • Options
    SurreySurrey Posts: 190
    If Archbishop Vigano (apostolic nuncio to the US, 2011-16) hadn't just had a total kookout, his letter would be one of the best windups of Trump ever:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1270842639903006720

Some extracts:

In recent months we have been witnessing the formation of two opposing sides (...): the children of light and the children of darkness (...) These two sides (...) follow the clear separation between the offspring of the Woman and the offspring of the Serpent (...) And it appears that the children of darkness – whom we may easily identify with the deep state which you wisely oppose and which is fiercely waging war against you (...) – have decided to show their cards (...) by now revealing their plans. (...) We will also discover that the riots (...) were provoked by those who, seeing that the virus is inevitably fading and that the social alarm of the pandemic is waning, necessarily have had to provoke civil disturbances, because they would be followed by repression which, although legitimate, could be condemned as an unjustified aggression against the population (...) It will not be surprising if, in a few months, we learn once again that hidden behind these acts (...) are those who hope to profit from the dissolution of the social order so as to build a world without freedom: Solve et Coagula, as the Masonic adage teaches."

"(...) (J) ust as there is a deep state, there is also a deep church (...) Thus the Invisible Enemy (...) is also fought against by good shepherds in the ecclesiastical sphere (...) For the first time, the United States has in you a President who courageously defends the right to life, (...) who speaks of Jesus Christ and the right of citizens to freedom of worship (...) I believe that the attack to which you were subjected after your visit to the National Shrine of Saint John Paul II is part of the orchestrated media narrative which seeks not to fight racism and bring social order, but to aggravate dispositions (...,) to legitimize violence and crime (...,) to favor one political faction. And it is disconcerting that there are Bishops (...) who (...) prove that they are aligned on the opposing side. They are subservient to the deep state, to globalism, to aligned thought, to the New World Order (...) which evokes the Masonic ideals of those want to dominate the world by driving God out of the courts, out of schools, out of families, and perhaps even out of churches.

No sane person would class this letter as other than the ravings of a crazy man. By declaring how honoured he feels to receive it, Trump has surpassed his Buffalo tweet. All Biden would have to do is to show a few things like this in some TV ads and he'd win by 20+%. I use the conditional mood because it will be clear by the end of the month, I reckon, that Trump will not be seeking a second term. Not wanting to wear "L" for "Loser" on his hat for 4-5 months, he'll probably do a Quadros and walk.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,020
    "The Public-Health Establishment Has Diminished Its Credibility

It has allowed political ideology to distort its ability to provide coherent risk assessment."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/06/coronavirus-protests-public-health-experts-ideology-distorts-risk-assessment/
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:
    But you know what, people were happy in 1984. The system worked. People knew their place and had massive TVs at home. They weren't burdened by "choice".
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    edited June 2020
    rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:
    But you know what, people were happy in 1984. The system worked. People knew their place and had massive TVs at home. They weren't burdened by "choice".
    That was actually one of the complaints of Eastern Europeans after the fall of the Iron Curtain. Many of them found Western "choice" of products and services bewildering.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

"Johnson’s luck has temporarily run out. The scientists gave him the wrong advice at the start, the bureaucracy let the country down appallingly, he and his top team caught the virus and he is now making his own, unforced errors, as he struggles to push through the unlocking of Britain. Even his staunchest supporters are baffled: what is going on? Tory MPs are panicking, and for once have a point. Why is our crisis dragging on so much longer than that in France, Italy, Spain or Germany?"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/10/scrap-social-distancing-schools-save-childrens-education/

The virus may be harmless to the kids, but the author of that piece seems to have forgotten the vulnerable adults known as teachers. And their unions....
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    edited June 2020
    Scottish splits:

Johnson -57
    Starmer +34

So, a net Starmer lead of 91.

Those Boris Johnson figures are fairly standard for Tory leaders among Scottish voters, and are actually slightly better than the worst May and Cameron depths.

However, that Starmer +34 is truly outstanding! I cannot remember the last time a Unionist leader had such good Scottish ratings. Certainly not the over-hyped Ruth Davidson. You’d probably have to go back to Gordon Brown, Henry McLeish or Charlie Kennedy. And unlike Starmer, they were all Scots!

Is Starmer the most popular Englishman in Scotland since... who?
  • Options

Scottish splits:

Johnson -57
    Starmer +34

Those Boris Johnson figures are fairly standard for Tory leaders among Scottish voters, and are actually slightly better than the worst May and Cameron depths.

However, that Starmer +34 is truly outstanding! I cannot remember the last time a Unionist leader had such good Scottish ratings. Certainly not the over-hyped Ruth Davidson. You’d probably have to go back to Gordon Brown, Henry McLeish or Charlie Kennedy. And unlike Starmer, they were all Scots!

:D

Churchill? Atlee? Harry Smith of 47 Breccia Ave, Little Withering-on-the-wold?
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    rcs1000 said:

No!

Really? That's incredible, what with us already knowing that countries where face masks are common have much lower CV-19 incidence and all.
    Quite.

I've been banging on about this for months. Sigh.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,500
    “Why I broke with Boris Johnson - A devastating indictment of the Prime Minister from one of his former allies and Downing Street advisers. “

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/06/why-i-broke-boris-johnson

“ . Key talents had been reshuffled out of the cabinet because they had committed the sin of independent-mindedness. The top table was left with a very middle-ranking membership. Ministerial special advisers who dared to differ had been dispatched and years of hard-won experience lost in the process. MPs learned that messages to the Prime Minister needed to be effusive to have much hope of a reply. More often than not, any critical messages – how- ever constructively worded – were greeted with silence.”

“ the team inside today’s No 10 has often preferred to greet internal dissent with retribution – much of it pre-briefed to favoured journalists. ”

“ I could see the car crash coming and I couldn’t bear to be part of it.”

“.. his former wife, Marina..was his anchor and, despite everything, had been for most of his adulthood“

“Many MPs...no longer believe in the Prime Minister in the way they did”
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

“Why I broke with Boris Johnson - A devastating indictment of the Prime Minister from one of his former allies and Downing Street advisers. “

“ . Key talents had been reshuffled out of the cabinet because they had committed the sin of independent-mindedness. The top table was left with a very middle-ranking membership. Ministerial special advisers who dared to differ had been dispatched and years of hard-won experience lost in the process. MPs learned that messages to the Prime Minister needed to be effusive to have much hope of a reply. More often than not, any critical messages – how- ever constructively worded – were greeted with silence.”

“ the team inside today’s No 10 has often preferred to greet internal dissent with retribution – much of it pre-briefed to favoured journalists. ”

“ I could see the car crash coming and I couldn’t bear to be part of it.”

“.. his former wife, Marina..was his anchor and, despite everything, had been for most of his adulthood“

“Many MPs...no longer believe in the Prime Minister in the way they did”

In other words, Boris deserves his "...dreadful leader numbers ..." because he is a dreadful Leader? ;)
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,844

Andy_JS said:

I notice that HBO has removed Gone with the Wind (at least for the moment). I think the list of films that will be verboten is going to be extremely long.

It'll probably increase the popularity of the films. I've never seen Gone With The Wind but I'd be interested to watch it after this.
    First Black actor to win an oscar....
    They even let her sit at a segregated table right at the back of the theatre to collect it. Heartwarming!
    Right...so perhaps a opportunity to educate people. Watch the movie, find out the black actor won an oscar, but still wasn't treated equally.

Instead, no can it, hide it all away in a vault, burn it. We can't have anybody appreciate that a black actor at that time could be really good, despite all the injustice against them.
    I think you’re rather missing the point about the film, which is a rather effective piece of lost cause propaganda (not as blatant as the book on which it’s based, and all the more effective for that):
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/08/yes-gone-with-the-wind-is-another-neo-confederate-monument.html

But in any event, who says it is being banned ?
    A commercial company has decided they don’t want, for now, to continue to show it as part of their catalogue.

The outrage at that seems very odd indeed.
  • Options
  • Options

Are drive-in cinemas the new garden centres? From Monday we can go to drive-in cinemas. Who on earth was lobbying for drive-in cinemas?

Someone pushing for doll museums to be allowed to re-open, but that was considered a step too far?
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,212
    Nigelb said:

I think you’re rather missing the point about the film, which is a rather effective piece of lost cause propaganda (not as blatant as the book on which it’s based, and all the more effective for that):
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/08/yes-gone-with-the-wind-is-another-neo-confederate-monument.html

A commercial company has decided they don’t want, for now, to continue to show it as part of their catalogue.

https://twitter.com/ruthyoest/status/1268665233226248197
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

“Middle-ranking” seems overly generous.

And there are certain parallels (which is not to argue that they are the same) with Trump... “needed to be effusive”; “greet internal dissent with retribution”.
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,913
    Tres said:

EPG said:

Tres said:

EPG said:

Tres said:

Tres said:

Andy_JS said:

I notice that HBO has removed Gone with the Wind (at least for the moment). I think the list of films that will be verboten is going to be extremely long.

It'll probably increase the popularity of the films. I've never seen Gone With The Wind but I'd be interested to watch it after this.
    They even let her sit at a segregated table right at the back of the theatre to collect it. Heartwarming!
    Right...so perhaps a opportunity to educate people. Watch the movie, find out the black actor won an oscar, but still wasn't treated equally.

Instead, no can it, hide it all away in a vault, burn it. We can't have anybody appreciate that a black actor at that time could be really good, despite all the injustice against them.
    Just another PB tory getting wound up by statues of people they've never heard of and movies they've never bothered to watch.
    Interesting take, as not a Tory and at one point lived in Bristol for 5 years so well aware of the likes of Colston and Wills before all this blew up.
    Interesting handle for a not a Tory.
    With the greatest of respect, I would make a constructive suggestion that if your arguments are right, you should consider using them rather than ad hominem comments about "just another PB Tory" after 12 posts.
    I've been reading the site for decades, the sheer battiness of the contributions since the weekend have finally driven me to start pointing and laughing.

More constructive contributions may follow.
    I've been reading the site since before the appearance of Angus bloody Reid, but it hasn't really been online for quite decades yet.
    The 00s, the 10s and now the 20s.
    Are you implying that something that started in December 2019 has been around "for two decades"?
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Someone pushing for doll museums to be allowed to re-open, but that was considered a step too far?
    I have never seen a drive-in cinema anywhere in the UK, so I guess that allowing them to open will present few issues :D
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Andy_JS said:

Worth noting that it was also announced that the film will be returned to the streaming service at a later point along with a discussion of its historical context and a denouncement of those very depictions, but will be presented as it was originally created, because to do otherwise would be the same as claiming these prejudices never existed.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,020
    edited June 2020

IanB2 said:

I have never seen a drive-in cinema anywhere in the UK, so I guess that allowing them to open will present few issues :D
    I thought you needed Californian weather for drive-in cinemas. I've never heard of them in the UK.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Nigelb said:

Andy_JS said:

Worth noting that it was also announced that the film will be returned to the streaming service at a later point along with a discussion of its historical context and a denouncement of those very depictions, but will be presented as it was originally created, because to do otherwise would be the same as claiming these prejudices never existed.
    Note that the three year article which I linked references exactly the same claims of censorship - based on the decision of a Memphis film theatre to halt its annual screenings of the film.
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    edited June 2020

dixiedean said:

So about Marx, another antisemite, surely he has to go now too? No?
    Are there any Marx statues in UK? Genuine question. I know there is his grave, but AFAIK we aren't at the grave desecration stage yet.
    The thing is until all this loony stuff kicked off,
    There is nothing loony about removing a statue idolising a slave trader.

Obviously a line will need to be drawn but it's pretty clear to anyone with a heart and soul which side of that Edward Colston stood.

Ends.
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,913
    edited June 2020
    EPG said:

It may not surprise you when seeing these numbers that all brands want 18-24s, and no brands want 55+.

There are plenty of brands targetting the over 55's but the under 30's simply don't notice them. I remember that the adverts before/during/after Countdown and 15:1 were particularly focussed at this age group, and the marketing is very much promoting brands.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,950
    Looks around.

Notices that the world is still going mad, driven by Orwellian mobs.

Observes that we really need to get sport back on TV.

Vows to ignore news for another few days and heads back to running his small business.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    Sandpit said:

Looks around.

Notices that the world is still going mad, driven by Orwellian mobs.

Hopefully by 2 Nov one will be on the way out.

• Options
    Scott_xP said:

twitter.com/flaviajackson/status/1270948842402394112

Ah... The Brexiteers and their globalist dreams. I recall somebody in govt going on about how our former colonies were just waiting for the chance to flock to the UK's banner as we led the world to a new and brighter future...

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    Poor old JK Rowling, attacked by a lynch mob from Hogwarts.

• Options
    Andy_JS said:

IanB2 said:

I thought you needed Californian weather for drive-in cinemas. I've never heard of them in the UK.
    There is one in Billericay and one in Birkenhead
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Scottish splits:

Johnson -57
    Starmer +34

Churchill? Atlee? Harry Smith of 47 Breccia Ave, Little Withering-on-the-wold?
    John Amyatt?

Amyatt, described as "a very sensible and agreeable English gentleman", is remembered for one of the most famous quotes from the Scottish Enlightenment. He once observed to William Smellie, the editor of the first edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica, that "Edinburgh enjoyed a noble privilege not possessed by any other city in Europe". When asked what he meant by that, Amyatt replied:

"Here stand I at what is called the Cross of Edinburgh, and can in a few minutes take fifty men of genius by the hand"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Amyatt

Flattery will get you everywhere.
  • Options

John Amyatt?

Amyatt, described as "a very sensible and agreeable English gentleman", is remembered for one of the most famous quotes from the Scottish Enlightenment. He once observed to William Smellie, the editor of the first edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica, that "Edinburgh enjoyed a noble privilege not possessed by any other city in Europe". When asked what he meant by that, Amyatt replied:

"Here stand I at what is called the Cross of Edinburgh, and can in a few minutes take fifty men of genius by the hand"

He couldnt do that today.
  • Options
    SandraMcSandraMc Posts: 603
    Apologies if this point has been made but wouldn't those campaigning against statues of long dead men be better directing their attentions to fighting slavery in modern Britain? It still goes on; there were 10,000 cases referred to the authorities in 2019.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    isam said:

isam said:

Alistair said:

isam said:

All these statues being taken down for not being virtuous enough by modern standards hundreds of years ago, triggered by the ill treatment of George Floyd... who held a pregnant woman up at gunpoint in 2007 . This is utterly bizarre, the world has gone mad

For someone who thinks it doesn't matter you sure do bring up his criminal record a lot.
    I don't think it meant he deserved to die the way he did, I do think it's bizarre that he was probably a nastier piece of work than the people who are being besmirched daily on the back of his death
    It's not bizarre since he's dead gruesomely and they're alive.

Have you never heard of a martyr before? When the officer asphyxiated him for nine minutes he made Floyd a martyr.
    Who are alive? The people whose statues are being ripped down? That would be a story
    No the four Policemen who murdered him.

As far as I'm aware there's no statues to Floyd for you to pull down.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,212

https://twitter.com/NickCohen4/status/1270788884285272065
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,791
    Unilever consolidating its global headquarters in Rotterdam London

https://www.unilever.com/news/press-releases/2020/unification-of-unilever-legal-structure.html
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,351
    So if France is doing so much better than the UK at dealing with Covid-19 and has a much lower infection rate why does its have nearly double the number of people in hospital with Covid-19 ??

11,961 v 6,348

https://www.france24.com/en/20200609-covid-19-france-s-daily-death-toll-remains-below-100-for-seventh-day-in-a-row

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/891125/2020-06-09_COVID-19_Press_Conference_Slides_-_to_be_published.pdf
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

isam said:

isam said:

Alistair said:

isam said:

All these statues being taken down for not being virtuous enough by modern standards hundreds of years ago, triggered by the ill treatment of George Floyd... who held a pregnant woman up at gunpoint in 2007 . This is utterly bizarre, the world has gone mad

For someone who thinks it doesn't matter you sure do bring up his criminal record a lot.
    I don't think it meant he deserved to die the way he did, I do think it's bizarre that he was probably a nastier piece of work than the people who are being besmirched daily on the back of his death
    It's not bizarre since he's dead gruesomely and they're alive.

Have you never heard of a martyr before? When the officer asphyxiated him for nine minutes he made Floyd a martyr.
    Who are alive? The people whose statues are being ripped down? That would be a story
    No the four Policemen who murdered him.

As far as I'm aware there's no statues to Floyd for you to pull down.
    It really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, though, could it? The biopic is going to be really problematic.
  • Options

John Amyatt?

So Alan, which city today enjoys that noble privilege, not possessed by any other city in Europe?

London? I think not. Giftedness and intelligence seems to be qualities distinctly lacking in all modern metropolises.

Oh, for a new Enlightenment. But not funded by the slave trade this time.
  • Options

So if France is doing so much better than the UK at dealing with Covid-19 and has a much lower infection rate why does its have nearly double the number of people in hospital with Covid-19 ??

11,961 v 6,348

https://www.france24.com/en/20200609-covid-19-france-s-daily-death-toll-remains-below-100-for-seventh-day-in-a-row

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/891125/2020-06-09_COVID-19_Press_Conference_Slides_-_to_be_published.pdf

Because so many of our current cases are inside care homes?
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,351
    IanB2 said:

11,961 v 6,348

Because so many of our current cases are inside care homes?
    France has had the same care home problems the UK has, and as our hospitals are so empty I doubt that they are refusing to admit people from care homes.
  • Options
    SandraMc said:

Apologies if this point has been made but wouldn't those campaigning against statues of long dead men be better directing their attentions to fighting slavery in modern Britain? It still goes on; there were 10,000 cases referred to the authorities in 2019.

That’s what I’ve been wondering about these past few days. Nobody seems to give a shit about the modern slavery ongoing every day right under our noses.
  • Options

Are you suggesting that criticism of her opinion should be silenced?

As far as i can tell she's said her piece an some of the actors have said they disagree. Isn't that freedom of speech?
  • Options

11,961 v 6,348

Could it be because French criteria for admission are less stringent than ours? One thing the post pandemic inquiry will need to look at is whether the UK’s approach of “stay at home unless/until you get really sick” has led to worse outcomes.
  • Options

John Amyatt?

So Alan, which city today enjoys that noble privilege, not possessed by any other city in Europe?

London? I think not. Giftedness and intelligence seems to be qualities distinctly lacking in all modern metropolises.

None

you walk 10 mins and all you get will be bankers and professional services.

at a pinch Cambridge might manage it.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

https://twitter.com/NickCohen4/status/1270788884285272065
    Harry Potter ban? Don’t tell the geniuses at BetterTogether2 headquarters. Rowling was a key asset.

Should we not be targeting lower hanging fruit? I propose that we ban Orange Marches, as the Battle of the Boyne was funded by the slave trade.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,452
    SandraMc said:

These protests are not about slavery.

They are about racism, of which the slave trade was one manifestation.

Of course, they are only about certain types of racism. Zarah Sultana is a raging anti-Semite quite happy to support organisations openly calling for a second holocaust, but she gets very exercised by the need for statues of slavers in Bristol to be torn down by largely white mobs.
  • Options

John Amyatt?

None

Indeed.

“Professional services”. What a useless bunch. PR, marketing, advertising etc. Total waste of space.

Douglas Adams was spot on with his Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Ship B.
  • Options
    Lest we forget;

When a 130-year-old company and mainstay of the FTSE 100 decides that an iconic building on the banks of the Thames, just down from the Houses of Parliament, is no longer viable as its global headquarters, it sums up waning confidence in post-Brexit Britain. Make no mistake, this is a devastating blow for prime minister Theresa May — and only strengthens the hand of the EU in Brexit negotiations. Moving to a single legal entity based in the Netherlands means some jobs will move from the UK and, even if Unilever maintains a listing of its shares on the London Stock Exchange, those shares will disappear from Britain’s blue-chip index — unless a special exemption can be granted. It is yet more self-inflicted economic harm.

https://www.ft.com/content/4fcd127c-282e-11e8-b27e-cc62a39d57a0
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    What are the obligations for companies under modern anti-slavery legislation? Do they not have to have some kind of routines or policies in place? I’d be grateful if anyone could outline the key requirements, or point me in the right direction.

And do all companies in practice actively apply the routines?
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561

John Amyatt?

None

Indeed.

“Professional services”. What a useless bunch. PR, marketing, advertising etc. Total waste of space.

Huge export earners for this country.
  • Options
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    booksellerbookseller Posts: 421

John Amyatt?

None

Indeed.

Douglas Adams was spot on with his Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Ship B.
    Yes, but don't forget the moral of that tale: everyone died of a virus caused by a telephone not properly sanitised...
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,439
    edited June 2020

11,961 v 6,348

There's been a lot about British Covid cases being told to stay at home and not arriving into hospital until they're already suffering organ damage from severe oxygen deficits.

My assumption is that France are hospitalising cases at an earlier stage of the illness.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

isam said:

isam said:

Alistair said:

isam said:

In an age when historical figures are being judged by the standards of the present, surely it makes sense to judge him by the standards of the present too, no?
    He should be let off the hook because black people were exploited 200 years ago
    Floyd was let off the hook? I thought he served time for it. Do you think the notoriously soppy US justice system went easy on him?
    The fire and brimstone brigade judging what happened legally 200 years ago turn into soppy social workers when they glaze over Floyd's character is what I'm saying
    So he wasn't let off the hook. Glad we cleared that up, we don't want them borderline racists further riled up.
    'borderline'
  • Options
    MangoMango Posts: 1,013

Scottish splits:

Johnson -57
    Starmer +34

Peter Bonetti?
  • Options
    MangoMango Posts: 1,013
    IanB2 said:

No. I demand to be outraged. NOW.
This discussion has been closed.