Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » When will the public start to notice that the government isn’t

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,895
    RobD said:

Re. the 100,000 unscreened passengers, I'm talking about nada, nothing, zilch. They land, they pass through immigration and enter. No questions. No temperature checks. No isolation. No quarantine.

A pilot friend of mine who is flying all over the world (cargo) cannot believe the UK. Says we are the sloppiest country in the world. And that's nothing to do with politics: he's well to the right.

I doubt questioning and temperature checks would help at all, that's security theatre. Isolation? Perhaps, but they should already be doing that for the most part anyway.
    Apparently there are hotels for quarantining anyone identified by airline staff as having a persistent cough
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,344
    https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1251528634155831297

Some things are going to have to change after all this over. Social Care mess is another.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    MikeL said:

Number in hospital with virus down approx 1,000 in last 24 hours.

Encouraging - potentially big moment.

If recovery figures were put out then you’d see whether that was down to that or people dieing . Aswell as this they don’t issue daily updates for those in critical care .
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,995
    Nigelb said:

My father died today.

Sorry to hear that Nigel.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    nico67 said:

MikeL said:

Number in hospital with virus down approx 1,000 in last 24 hours.

Encouraging - potentially big moment.

If recovery figures were put out then you’d see whether that was down to that or people dieing . Aswell as this they don’t issue daily updates for those in critical care .
    Well, are a thousand people dying in England alone? I don't think it is that high.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,055
    isam said:

Nigelb said:

My father died today.

Sorry to hear that Nigel.
    Very sorry Nigel. Condolences.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,055

Some things are going to have to change after all this over. Social Care mess is another.

I spent much of the last ten years or so of my working life in and out of Care Homes, and some of the rest of it working with Drug Addiction units.
    I've seen poor relations treated better.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,176
    Nigelb said:

My father died today.

Sorry to read this. My condolences.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,993
    Nigelb said:

Thank you to all for the kind wishes.

In answer to the questions, yes it was almost certainly coronavirus. I am not entirely sure of the figures, but somewhere around half of the residents in his care home have died in the last week and a half. The index case was a diagnosed coronavirus patient discharged from hospital into the care home.

My mother was allowed in two days ago in full PPE, but was the only one of the family able to get in.
    The care home staff themselves have been brilliant, working at considerable risk to themselves. One worked a full extra shift to sit with him through last night, for which I shall always be grateful.

That's awful, @NigelB. I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,368

I spent much of the last ten years or so of my working life in and out of Care Homes, and some of the rest of it working with Drug Addiction units.
    I've seen poor relations treated better.
    Of course it can be done.. a lot of rough sleepers refuse help afaik
This discussion has been closed.