Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The football season should be completed even if matches are be

Comments

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    kinabalu said:

Floater said:

He is elderly and if reports are to be believed not in the best of health.

It happens to be the scientific advice, do you think you know better?

Key worker though.
    Work from home then.....
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,014
    TGOHF666 said:

Boris only 50 odd - likely no existing conditions and likes a jog and horizontal exercise.

Will be very unlucky to croak it.

He certainly used to be a keen cyclist too. One of the two times I've "met" him, he narrowly missed me while cycling furiously down one of the side streets off Piccadilly. (The other time he shook me by the hand as I left Waterloo Station and hoped that I would vote for him. As my train had last stopped in Farnborough (the Hampshire one) possibly no one on it was entitled to vote for Mayor of London.)
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,714
    ydoethur said:

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

Boris probably shouldn't be working, he needs his whole body to fight the virus.

I still can't believe the designated survivor is Raab. It has to be Gove. There isn't anybody in that cabinet who is as well equipped to take on board crazy amount of information and make rational decisions.
    It's probably because Raab is one of the youngest senior cabinet members.
    Pretty sure Sunak is younger.
    He is but he's still rather inexperienced despite being chancellor.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    Can you get coronavirus via a contact with an infected person that you only pretended to have, because if it turns out it can be transmitted by lies then a number of things fall into place
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

What do we think Trump’s reaction would be if he got Covid-19?

I know what the reaction on PB would be 😀😀😀😀😀
    I think anyone who reacted in the way has serious problems with their moral compass. I am not a trump fan or a Corbyn fan. However, I wish a potentially fatal illness on no-one.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,251
    felix said:

WTF has that got to do with anything?

Absolutely nothing! Total red herring. Always was. Which is my point.
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908
    eadric said:

Here’s a thing.

Italy has now been in lockdown more than 2 weeks. 2 weeks is the presumed maximum incubation period for Coronavirus. Therefore, any Italian testing positive now, caught the infection SINCE lockdown

How? Where? Why? What’s their age, what do they do, what’s their daily routine?

If we had answers to these questions (eg people are catching it in supermarkets) we would be able to adjust our own behaviour and limit the spread.

2 weeks until presenting symptoms. Most of those won't be tested though.
    2-3.5 weeks until serious cases present themselves. Those will be more likely to be tested.

If you look at the growth rate, the lockdown is clearly having a very big impact.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,472
    TOPPING said:

Of course if and when Boris gets over this (soon, I hope), it might have a negative effect on lockdown compliance as some people might well think "if that fat old tosser gets it and survives, I will be fine".

Perhaps they'll be aware of that and he won't bounce back tigger like even if he feels great.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    eadric said:

Eadric this thing is clearly highly infectious. We think lockdown is safe? And yet we know it's live on plastic for 72 hours and cardboard for 24 hours. That's every single home delivery that is a potential contaminant.

Disinfect everything through your door.

Or just, you know, wash your hands after?
    Mysticrose is right. Everything that comes through the door is a risk. You can wash your hands as much as you like but if you touch those items once and lift your hand to your face straight after, you can get infected.

Leave deliveries for a few days before opening them, disinfect stuff you buy at supermarkets. If you want to be as careful as possible.
    Why? Open box, put things away, wash your hands. It will probably be 72 hours before you touch most of it again.

No need to go OTT.
  • Options
    eadric said:

Mysticrose is right.

Stop.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,880

TGOHF666 said:

Boris only 50 odd - likely no existing conditions and likes a jog and horizontal exercise.

Croak it ? What is wrong with you
    Absolutely everyone should moderate their language.

Queen not seen Boris since 11th March
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    eadric said:

Eadric this thing is clearly highly infectious. We think lockdown is safe? And yet we know it's live on plastic for 72 hours and cardboard for 24 hours. That's every single home delivery that is a potential contaminant.

Mysticrose is right. Everything that comes through the door is a risk. You can wash your hands as much as you like but if you touch those items once and lift your hand to your face straight after, you can get infected.

Leave deliveries for a few days before opening them, disinfect stuff you buy at supermarkets. If you want to be as careful as possible.
    Tip...if you have outside space, order yourself a garden weed sprayer. Fill it with dilute concentration of bleach and spray everything that is delivered down. Obviously you can't do that with fresh vegetables / fruit, but then should you get those anyway? And if you do, Dr Foxy recommended the stuff you use to sanitise babies bottles.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,980
    rkrkrk said:

eadric said:

Here’s a thing.

Italy has now been in lockdown more than 2 weeks. 2 weeks is the presumed maximum incubation period for Coronavirus. Therefore, any Italian testing positive now, caught the infection SINCE lockdown

If we had answers to these questions (eg people are catching it in supermarkets) we would be able to adjust our own behaviour and limit the spread.

2-3.5 weeks until serious cases present themselves. Those will be more likely to be tested.

If you look at the growth rate, the lockdown is clearly having a very big impact.
    I was under the impression two weeks was a maximum timescale for developing symptoms, not the norm.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,828
    edited March 2020

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

Get well soon Prime Minister.

Meanwhile, Dominic Raab was last traded at 20 for next Prime Minister.

As distasteful as it is to bet on someone becoming sick, Raab is into 11 now, Gove is 28.
    Ludicrous over-reaction. Johnson is not in a high risk group, has mild symptoms only
    From what I've heard generally most cases start off quite "mild".

The first day or so all you have is a dry cough and possibly a sore throat. Around days 2-3 the fever kicks in with general "flu-like symptoms - aches, chills etc.

Around day 5 onwards is when it gets to the lungs and things can rapidly deteriorate from there... Most who need mechanical intervention do so from around day 8)
    However, speaking as not an expert on this, I wonder how many cases don't get past stage 1
    I'm guessing far, far more than anyone currently realizes and this will be proven when the antibody test comes on stream in a few weeks.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,478

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

As distasteful as it is to bet on someone becoming sick, Raab is into 11 now, Gove is 28.
    Ludicrous over-reaction. Johnson is not in a high risk group, has mild symptoms only

The first day or so all you have is a dry cough and possibly a sore throat. Around days 2-3 the fever kicks in with general "flu-like symptoms - aches, chills etc.

Around day 5 onwards is when it gets to the lungs and things can rapidly deteriorate from there... Most who need mechanical intervention do so from around day 8)
    However, speaking as not an expert on this, I wonder how many cases don't get past stage 1. I had a very unusual and continous kind of sore throat about 10 days ago, with a sensation I've never had before, which has now gone.
    Similarly I felt quite fatigued recently. No cough or temperature which seems to count me out but given the current circumstances it’s just so blooming hard to tell what the typical experience is.

We really need that antibody test.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,667
    GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

Of course.
    But the odds for his age group are way better than the Raab price implies.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,311

Fire his doctor and get another one to retest him.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

However, speaking as not an expert on this, I wonder how many cases don't get past stage 1. I had a very unusual and continous kind of sore throat about 10 days ago, with a sensation I've never had before, which has now gone.
    Similarly I felt quite fatigued recently. No cough or temperature which seems to count me out but given the current circumstances it’s just so blooming hard to tell what the typical experience is.

Everyone who feels a bit odd at this time of the year almost certainly doesn't have it.
    But yes, we do need to know how many have had it; it is a large uncertainty.
  • Options

twitter.com/geoffnorcott/status/1243498247693443072?s=21
    twitter.com/geoffnorcott/status/1243499447742615552?s=21
    twitter.com/geoffnorcott/status/1243501703019876353?s=21

And he got priority bog rolls delivery for #10 / #11...OUTRAGEOUS.
  • Options
    felix said:

I think anyone who reacted in the way has serious problems with their moral compass. I am not a trump fan or a Corbyn fan. However, I wish a potentially fatal illness on no-one.
    Same here.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

Well, that's true. It's not specific to Coronavirus that cases that end up very serious and needing medical intervention do not start as very serious and needing medical intervention.

The point is that quite a lot of cases don't go far along the deterioration trajectory at all (not, of course, minimising the fact that a small but non-trivial minority go a long way on that trajectory).
  • Options
    RobD said:

rkrkrk said:

eadric said:

Here’s a thing.

I was under the impression two weeks was a maximum timescale for developing symptoms, not the norm.
    I attended a CORVID Webinar this morning - I believe they said 14 days was typically the usual maximum but there have been recorded cases in excess of that. The presenter said the longest period was apparently over 30 days.....
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I am actually surprised that VVVIP people haven't been tested every few days to try and make sure if one did get it, they hopefully would limit the spread among the group.

To me it would seem the least you should do. Especially after Mad Nad got it, you would think shit, right, make sure the top team don't meet too many people directly and get them tested reguarly.
  • Options

Fire his doctor and get another one to retest him.
    Declare war on Chaaayna... ?
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,731
    eadric said:

TGOHF666 said:

If Boris comes through this with minimal side effects the pressure to lift the lockdown will rise.

This could be a bonus.

That’s.... an unusual take
    I think it could be quite insightful actually.

When Johnson recovers, with minimal symptoms which we shall see on video link, and news grows of other high profile people getting the virus and recovering fine, people will start to question lockdown more than they are now.
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

Mysticrose is right.

Stop.
    Is there some PB delusion that I am mysticrose???

That’s genuinely hilarious. You guys are bonkers.
    Desist.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,458
    ydoethur said:

If all our MPs die, who takes over the country?
    Phil the Greek - That Which Is Dead Can Never Die
  • Options
    Floater said:

RobD said:

rkrkrk said:

eadric said:

Here’s a thing.

I attended a CORVID Webinar this morning - I believe they said 14 days was typically the usual maximum but there have been recorded cases in excess of that. The presenter said the longest period was apparently over 30 days.....
    Interesting, and scary. Do you recall what the typical time was?
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,360

eadric said:

Tip...if you have outside space, order yourself a garden weed sprayer. Fill it with dilute concentration of bleach and spray everything that is delivered down. Obviously you can't do that with fresh vegetables / fruit, but then should you get those anyway? And if you do, Dr Foxy recommended the stuff you use to sanitise babies bottles.
    I understand the advice is to wash fruit and veg in soapy water
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900

88% of those who have any symptoms get a fever, apparently.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

I've been fatigued since before I retired about 10 years ago!
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited March 2020
    Andrew said:

88% of those who have any symptoms get a fever, apparently.
    That could square too. I had a mild fever late last Friday night too, now gone.

As mentioned now, it does seem incredibly important for us to know how many of us have had it or may still have it.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,478
    Stocky said:

eadric said:

TGOHF666 said:

If Boris comes through this with minimal side effects the pressure to lift the lockdown will rise.

This could be a bonus.

That’s.... an unusual take
    I think it could be quite insightful actually.

When Johnson recovers, with minimal symptoms which we shall see on video link, and news grows of other high profile people getting the virus and recovering fine, people will start to question lockdown more than they are now.
    They’d be complete prats to do so, but given that many have not covered themselves in much glory throughout this whole spectacle, it would be unsurprising....
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,008
    felix said:

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

I too was fatigued before I retired. I was much better for several years afterwards.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    RobD said:

eadric said:

So how long do we give it some idiot appears on 24hr news saying why did Boris get priority for test?

Within seconds on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/GrahamMegennis/status/1243498808169947136
    A mad Remoaner, of course. They are psychotic
    I think most of us "remoaners" understand very well why the PM and others involved in coordinating the response gets prioritised for testing.

Please don't take a few people on Twitter and assert it's representative of the broader group - it's childish.
    Just representative of mad Remoaners. Nothing more. ;)
    Like the Weatherspoon's guy is the poster boy for business Brexiteers I suppose?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,082
    Floater said:

RobD said:

rkrkrk said:

eadric said:

Here’s a thing.

It's difficult to know precisely when the moment of infection was. It might not be the same as the moment someone was known to have come into contact with a carrier.
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    eadric said:

felix said:

Hitler? Stalin? Pol Pot? The caliph of ISIS?

It’s an interesting moral question. Is it ever ok to wish someone dead?
    Yes it is. This was Dietrich Bonhoeffer's angst which drove his famous Ethics book and led to his participation on the plot to bomb Hitler.

However, such sentiments should probably be limited and I can't think of anyone on the British political scene to whom this would be remotely appropriate.
  • Options
    Gabs3Gabs3 Posts: 836
    DavidL said:

eadric said:

Foxy said:

eadric said:

Boris must be very scared he’s given it to his pregnant wife.

The prime minister needs some kindness right now.

I really dont understand this supposed risk to pregnant women. It doesn't seem to feature in other countries advice, and there has been no news cases of bad outcomes in pregnancy.
    If you look at the varying advice, it seems the experts simply don’t know yet. Not enough data. So they’re erring on the side of caution in the UK

One thing is for sure: this is a terrifying time to be heavily pregnant. When you deliver you’re probably going to be in a maxed out hospital full of corona sufferers.

Very tough.
    A friend of my daughter is due to give birth to her first child next week. She is terrified of going into hospital. Also from what I vicariously recall of the process a restriction on the ability to breath would be sub optimal.
    My wife is due in July. We are very worried.
  • Options
    eadric said:

All this stuff about remoaners. Seriously. We are way past that now.

Remoaners clearly aren’t ‘over it’. Hence the reaction of the extremists, on twitter, to this news.

Brexit Derangement Syndrome appears to be a lifelong affliction, once you are infected.
    One of the symptoms of BDS is screaming "I AM COMPLETELY LOGICAL" at the top of your voice, while wearing your underpants on your head and sticking pencils up your nose.
  • Options
    We really need a hypochondria test on this site asap. Mr Smithson junior can administer remotely from Silicon valley I presume!
  • Options
    edited March 2020

TGOHF666 said:

The thing I find so puzzling about this virus (though not an expert and I’m sure someone much more qualified could explain to me why this is the case) is why some people seem to go through hell and back with it and others seem to have a bit of a bug that apparatus to be akin to the common cold. I’m sure genetics and the state of someone’s immune system play a part here, but it’s a bit of a strange lottery of a virus.
    It is odd.

I've heard Hypertension can be a big warning flag and there's possibly a connection with people taking ACE-Inhibitors like Lisinopril (but medics are unsure whether ACE-Inhibitors might actually help make the illness less severe or make it worse so at the moment there's no recommendation for people taking ACE-Inhibitors)

I also winder whether someone's past exposure to Coronaviruses (not the cold version but the more virulent versions) might help as people's immune systems are more primed to deal with them?

No doubt there's a ton of other things still to be discovered about why this kills some people and produces little more than a sniffle in others...
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

Mysticrose is right.

Stop.

Yes it surfaced on here a few weeks back. I've tried to dissuade them, but you know what conspiracists are like ;)
  • Options

eadric said:

I understand the advice is to wash fruit and veg in soapy water
    We had an Indian 'takeaway' delivered last night which included a salad (standard addition) . Threw it away and just ate the hot food.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,333
    eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Mysticrose is right.

Stop.

Desist.
    No. I shall now interact with mysticrose much more, so as to torment you
    The only person you seem to be tormenting is yourself.
  • Options
    Regarding Sunak`s S/E announcement, I`ve listened to it again. This is what he said:

"... the government will pay self employed people who have been adversely affected by the coronavirus ...."

The wording of this leads me to wonder whether this is not quite as it was initially perceived. Is he saying that the S/E person would have to prove that they have been adversely affected??
    ;
  • Options

felix said:

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

I too was fatigued before I retired. I was much better for several years afterwards.
    Not me - since I moved to Spain I find I fall asleep most afternoons despite all my best efforts :smiley:
  • Options
    eadric said:

I am actually surprised that VVVIP people haven't been tested every few days to try and make sure if one did get it, they hopefully would limit the spread among the group.

To me it would seem the least you should do. Especially after Mad Nad got it, you would think shit, right, make sure the top team don't meet too many people directly and get them tested reguarly.

Yes.

I read that Merkel has already been tested several times
    To which the twitter-verse would say....disgraceful queue jumper....politicians are two a penny, doctors aren't (that is literally a tweet I have seen).
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Mysticrose is right.

Stop.

Desist.
    Oooh - well I hope your interactions will stay at least two metres apart.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,266
    RobD said:

rkrkrk said:

eadric said:

Here’s a thing.

WHO says the incubation period is believed to be 1 to 14 days, with day 5 the most common.

As my mate now has a cough, and he was around my house last week just before we went full lockdown, I am now counting days.
  • Options
    JonCisBackJonCisBack Posts: 911
    Stocky said:

Regarding Sunak`s S/E announcement, I`ve listened to it again. This is what he said:

"... the government will pay self employed people who have been adversely affected by the coronavirus ...."

The wording of this leads me to wonder whether this is not quite as it was initially perceived. Is he saying that the S/E person would have to prove that they have been adversely affected??
    ;

Surely yes - same as it being furloughed employees only - the govt aren't paying people who are still working an EXTRA £2500!
  • Options
    eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Mysticrose is right.

Stop.

Yes it surfaced on here a few weeks back. I've tried to dissuade them, but you know what conspiracists are like ;)
    You are one of the finest posters on here. Consistently witty, articulate, insightful; probably very attractive, too. It is an honour to be your PB doppelgänger
    There we go - conclusive proof!
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

Boris probably shouldn't be working, he needs his whole body to fight the virus.

I still can't believe the designated survivor is Raab. It has to be Gove. There isn't anybody in that cabinet who is as well equipped to take on board crazy amount of information and make rational decisions.
    It's probably because Raab is one of the youngest senior cabinet members.
    Pretty sure Sunak is younger.
    Possible that Raab has already had it, though.

• Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    This was only just over 2 weeks ago. I don't really understand how humans have made it this far.

https://twitter.com/alexhern/status/1237713857524703232
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

However, speaking as not an expert on this, I wonder how many cases don't get past stage 1
    I'm guessing far, far more than anyone currently realizes and this will be proven when the antibody test comes on stream in a few weeks.
    And like everyone else, you're guessing.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,266
    eadric said:

eadric said:

Why? Open box, put things away, wash your hands. It will probably be 72 hours before you touch most of it again.

No need to go OTT.
    ‘Probably’

So a positive to the fact that I can no longer book a Sainsbury's delivery as I am not vulnerable enough, is that I wont be introducing plague-ridden foodstuffs into the house.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    A friend’s hot take on the news:

“I guess Laura K needs to self-isolate now considering she lives up Johnson’s arse.”
  • Options
    felix said:

felix said:

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

Not me - since I moved to Spain I find I fall asleep most afternoons despite all my best efforts :smiley:
    I didn't realise that siesta was due to a virus.
  • Options
    TGOHF666 said:

I fully expect him to recover fine and I hope to god he does. I'm not feeling good about this or thinking it's "karma" of anything stupid. Leave that to the crasser of the Corbynistas. That's a small minority as @SirNorfolkPassmore points out. I'm certainly not one of those bozos. I'm a hard left social democrat.

It IS a blow to morale though. This is, we are rightly told, a war against the "invisible enemy" and our PM has been captured.
  • Options
    TGOHF666TGOHF666 Posts: 2,052
    Stocky said:

;

Yes - if a person is running a video conference based life coaching service they wont have been impacted.
  • Options

Stocky said:

;

Surely yes - same as it being furloughed employees only - the govt aren't paying people who are still working an EXTRA £2500!
    Well that`s not how I perceived it. It seemed to me that all S/E people were being written to and would be entitled to claim. I don`t think this has been picked up by the media.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,030
    Get well soon Boris and Angela Rayner as the news breaks they both seem to have coronavirus, albeit only mild symptoms so far
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

And like everyone else, you're guessing.
    Which is why I said "I'm guessing" :D
  • Options
    Grown-ups....can we have them back running the Labour Party please?

https://twitter.com/AndyBurnhamGM/status/1243498565034561537?s=20
  • Options
    My other PB name is BigG.

I haven't been rumbled yet
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

TGOHF666 said:

I fully expect him to recover fine and I hope to god he does. I'm not feeling good about this or thinking it's "karma" of anything stupid. Leave that to the crasser of the Corbynistas. That's a small minority as @SirNorfolkPassmore points out. I'm certainly not one of those bozos. I'm a hard left social democrat.

It IS a blow to morale though. This is, we are rightly told, a war against the "invisible enemy" and our PM has been captured.
    When he sails through this illness - as I think he will - the opposite could be true. People`s morale will be buoyed by this.
  • Options

eadric said:

felix said:

Hitler? Stalin? Pol Pot? The caliph of ISIS?

It’s an interesting moral question. Is it ever ok to wish someone dead?
    Yes it is. This was Dietrich Bonhoeffer's angst which drove his famous Ethics book and led to his participation on the plot to bomb Hitler.

However, such sentiments should probably be limited and I can't think of anyone on the British political scene to whom this would be remotely appropriate.
    Sadly too many people on the fringes of either side of the debate don't share this viewpoint. I cannot see why, for the life of me, anyone would want another person to die simply for a different political perspective

I even saw someone on twitter wishing the PM's unborn child dead.

You cannot make it up, you really can't

This current crisis exemplifies the need to be nice to each other.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,333
    eadric said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Mysticrose is right.

Stop.

Desist.
    YOU believe this as well??

Lol!
    Oh no I don't think you are @Mysticrose. But I do think that your postings in general are some kind of sado-masochistic defence mechanism.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited March 2020
    Stocky said:

;

My understanding is that they will have to declare that they have been adversely affected (presumably with some explanation and figures), but not actually prove it at the time of application. If it turns out later that they were dishonest in this, they can be prosecuted in the same way as they could be for any false declaration of earnings etc.

In practice, I suspect that there will be very little investigation by HMRC on this. After all, there will be very few self-employed people who are completely unaffected, and you only have to be affected to some degree to be eligible for the full 80% grant. Some people will do quite well out of it.
  • Options

Grown-ups....can we have them back running the Labour Party please?

https://twitter.com/AndyBurnhamGM/status/1243498565034561537?s=20

We will from next weekend.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Is it possible that we're living in a dystopia and we are now all SeanT and didn't notice?
  • Options
    Over 9,000 health workers infected in Spain
    Spain's health emergency chief has said that 9,444 health workers have tested positive for the coronavirus in the country, Reuters reports.
  • Options
    TGOHF666TGOHF666 Posts: 2,052
    eadric said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Mysticrose is right.

Stop.

Desist.

Lol!
    I would hope that if Sean created his own Titania McGrath type spoof then they would be 90% obnoxiously woke - not 80% like Mysticrose.

Also Mystic posts early in the morning which rules Sean out.
  • Options

I am 93% of all the posters on the site. It's hard work do that *and* denying the existence of Australia.
  • Options
    Gabs3Gabs3 Posts: 836
    How is a parliamentary candidate this gornlessly stupid?
    https://twitter.com/abcpoppins/status/1243506233027543042
  • Options
    Coronavirus infections in Italy have not reached their peak, the head of the country's national health institute has said, the day after more than 6,150 people tested positive and 712 died in single 24-hour period.

"We haven't reached the peak and we haven't passed it," the chief of the Superior Health Institute Silvio Brusaferro told a news conference, Reuters reports.

However, Brusaferro said there were "signs of a slowdown" in the numbers of people becoming infected, suggesting the peak may not be far away, after which new cases will show a visible downward trend.

"When the descent begins, how steep it is will depend on our behaviour," Brusaferro said, referring to how strictly Italians will continue to respect restrictions on movement imposed by a government lockdown.

• Options
    Stocky said:

;

You would hope so.

June looking optimistic
  • Options

felix said:

felix said:

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

Well - it's either that or I'm an idle b*****d :)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    TOPPING said:

eadric said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Mysticrose is right.

Stop.

Desist.

Lol!
    Oh no I don't think you are @Mysticrose. But I do think that your postings in general are some kind of sado-masochistic defence mechanism.
    If he were, it would be a fairly impressive modulation of authorial voice.

Hitherto unrevealed.
  • Options

This was only just over 2 weeks ago. I don't really understand how humans have made it this far.

Is Nadine Dorries in that photo or something?
  • Options
    edited March 2020

You can't have more than one logon per email account or IP address, can you?
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,430
    Gabs3 said:

Stupid yes but perhaps understandable in light of her bereavement.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Mysticrose is right.

Stop.

Desist.

Lol!
    You mean, that you would have to be a professional writer to pull off?
  • Options
    Gabs3 said:

I guess one can excuse it as the effects of grief but....
  • Options

Nigelb said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

Mysticrose is right.

Stop.

Desist.

Lol!
    You mean, that you would have to be a professional writer to pull off?
    I just edited my comment to include "hitherto unrevealed".
  • Options
    felix said:

felix said:

felix said:

GIN1138 said:

Sandpit said:

Well - it's either that or I'm an idle b*****d :)
    Given the opportunity........ you and me both!
  • Options

Stocky said:

;

You would hope so.

June looking optimistic
    Well, quite. We don't want to end up paying people who are normally quiet this time of year due to normal seasonal variation.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    Jonathan said:

Is it possible that we're living in a dystopia and we are now all SeanT and didn't notice?

I often think I am one of only half a dozen different people who actually post on here!
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Boris looks rough.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    On the positive, if Boris gets through this in a week or two, he will then be immune and we won't have to worry for the foreseeable future about if he could go down. Especially as this ramps right up.

My big concern at the moment is the two top egg-heads, the past 3 weeks they have been absolutely everywhere.
  • Options

I am 93% of all the posters on the site. It's hard work do that *and* denying the existence of Australia.
    You are on the side of the many not the few Comrade

I was also Tim and Nigel4England
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

You can't have more than one logon per email account or IP address, can you?
    It's all very understandable.

We're both so brilliant that we shine like porcelain in the darkness

:smiley:
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Boris looks rough.

Are you trying to start a thread?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Is Nadine Dorries in that photo or something?
    Perhaps not, but a crapload of MPs who might have interacted with her are.
    Cheek to cheek.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Looks around hopefully for the nubile young lady who should be around somewhere....
  • Options

Stocky said:

;

My understanding is that they will have to declare that they have been adversely affected (presumably with some explanation and figures), but not actually prove it at the time of application. If it turns out later that they were dishonest in this, they can be prosecuted in the same way as they could be for any false declaration of earnings etc.

In practice, I suspect that there will be very little investigation by HMRC on this. After all, there will be very few self-employed people who are completely unaffected, and you only have to be affected to some degree to be eligible for the full 80% grant. Some people will do quite well out of it.
    I`ve just seen this on BBC website:

"Unlike the employee scheme, the self-employed can continue to work as they receive support."
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Boris looks rough.

I didn't think he looked any different to his normal pulled through a hedge backward appearance.
This discussion has been closed.