Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » WH2020: New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo, moves to 3rd favourit

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292

ITV2 are showing Contagion right now.

Have they hired Mr Weatherspoons to do their scheduling?
  • Options
    felix said:

The USA appears to have dealt with this situation especially badly - given they had considerably more warnings and more time to deal with it more effectively. I feel sure that the chances of a Trump re-election have gone down now.

You seem to be suggesting they have tried to deal with it at all....
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,014
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned on here but in contrast to that w***er at Weatherspoons, Aldi are giving all their staff a 10% bonus as thanks for all their hard work at the moment. Another shop I will be happy to support when this is all over.

https://propermanchester.com/news/aldi-to-reward-all-staff-with-10-bonus-to-say-thanks-for-their-hard-work/
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,713
    TGOHF666 said:
    Which bit of half the world being in lockdown has he missed?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,825
    tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:
    It was like that around here. I was moved. Quite tearful actually. I was thinking of Foxy and Tyson's relations and hundred of thousands of others who must be terrified of the danger but nevertheless provide essential care.
    One of my nephews (a doctor) is really ill today....my sister is saying he can barely reply to texts (he's isolated in a bedroom in their house) after becoming unwell overnight.......fever, aches, and cough...

My other nephew...(a doctor)...after a 12 hour shifts on a Covid ward yesterday was told he would have to launder his own scrubs..he was so tired he left them in his car, so tomorrow he goes back in wearing dirty overalls.....

None of them have PPE gear....my nephew on a Covid ward says he tries to avoid
    the patients when they cough at him....

My anger on this is shocking....I hope Floater emerges from his cesspit tonight so I can metaphorically ring his scrawny neck
    I got quite short of breath just eating my dinner. No fever, but marked cough now. It was quite scary. Still OK on 02 sats, and it has faded quite a bit.

I am no longer thinking that I have Coronachondria. This seems the real thing.

Stay indoors people, it is going to be a rough ride.
  • Options

TGOHF666 said:
    That is dated Jan 24th.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,582
    geoffw said:

The scorned idea of herd immunity has not gone away. It might still be the way we ultimately deal with the pandemic.
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/herd-immunity-might-still-be-key-in-the-fight-against-coronavirus

It's inevitable
  • Options
    Foxy said:

TGOHF666 said:
    That is dated Jan 24th.
    Missed that bit.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    tyson said:

No fucking way....

Saw your note you sad sack of shit - dont take your understandable fear and anger out on me.

BTW you misquoted me yesterday - but you have form don't you
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    TGOHF666 said:
    But also

President Trump: you once called COVID-19 “the new hoax” and now you say “we’re not going to let the cure be worse than the problem.” You are facing a virus that will kill thousands of Americans unless you suppress transmission and shield the most vulnerable. Step up.

— richard horton (@richardhorton1) March 24, 2020
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205
    Foxy said:

TGOHF666 said:
    That is dated Jan 24th.
    Indeed. It doesn't have the blue tick mark, but I think it probably is him. That Tweet certainly hasn't aged well.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,790

I didn't realise, one thing South Korea has, that no western nation has, they are allowed to track every citizen cellphone location and things like use of public transport and digital payments under these extreme circumstances. This law was passed after SARs.

So, not only have they tested like crazy, they can contract trace in a way no western nation can. And of course then spam those who can in contact with a carrier to isolate themselves.

There's a debate we need to have about this. This kind of tracking combined with high levels of testing is the most promising means of returning to something like normal life without death and destruction flaring up again.

Are we prepared to accept the privacy issues?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,551
    felix said:

The USA appears to have dealt with this situation especially badly - given they had considerably more warnings and more time to deal with it more effectively. I feel sure that the chances of a Trump re-election have gone down now.

I think the Democrats are doing their best for his re-election though, just as they did with the impeachment. Firstly, are they still delaying a vital piece of Corona legislation by loading it with things they know Trump won't accept? Secondly, Trump talking up Hydroxychloroquine has made them go to war on it. It has been 'banned' from Corona treatment by one Democrat Governer(?), and has been 'debunked' by Bloomberg. Regardless of the true effectiveness of this drug, clearly as a safe drug for malaria, it should not be 'banned' for Corona if a doctor wishes to prescribe it. It all builds a narrative of it being the 'cure' deliberately denied to people by Trump-obsessed Dems. Once again, red mist seems to be descending on the Democrats, and they may yet save Trump by slavering to destroy him.
  • Options
    If Political Betting is anything to go by, COVID-19 has spread quite widely through the country.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:
    It was like that around here. I was moved. Quite tearful actually. I was thinking of Foxy and Tyson's relations and hundred of thousands of others who must be terrified of the danger but nevertheless provide essential care.
    One of my nephews (a doctor) is really ill today....my sister is saying he can barely reply to texts (he's isolated in a bedroom in their house) after becoming unwell overnight.......fever, aches, and cough...

My other nephew...(a doctor)...after a 12 hour shifts on a Covid ward yesterday was told he would have to launder his own scrubs..he was so tired he left them in his car, so tomorrow he goes back in wearing dirty overalls.....

My anger on this is shocking....I hope Floater emerges from his cesspit tonight so I can metaphorically ring his scrawny neck
    Tyson

May I say how sorry I am to hear your news and fully understand your anger and dismay

I really hope that all the medics get the PPE they need urgently

The nationwide applause tonight was a gesture to all the medics and others acting heroically on our behalf and the NHS is the beating heart of our nation in these dark times

I wish all your family a speedy and full recovery.

Best wishes
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

If Political Betting is anything to go by, COVID-19 has spread quite widely through the country.

Is anybody in doubt it is rife in London. But I think it is clearly wider than that. And that is why Ferguson was talking about peak hitting in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,176
    FF43 said:

geoffw said:

The scorned idea of herd immunity has not gone away. It might still be the way we ultimately deal with the pandemic.
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/herd-immunity-might-still-be-key-in-the-fight-against-coronavirus

Yes, but to be clear that's an end state that you get to eventually. It's not a policy you can pursue now without a lot of death and the health system collapsing.
    That is why we backtracked to social distancing along with self isolation for the vulnerable.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

I got quite short of breath just eating my dinner. No fever, but marked cough now. It was quite scary. Still OK on 02 sats, and it has faded quite a bit.

I hope you are well Fox...

My nephew on the Covid ward is now being asked to come in over the weekend...he said the emotional blackmail from senior managers is terrible.....

My sister wants to get him eye protection...but he says no-one has it on the ward, and he wouldn't want to look scared....

Our NHS staff are cannon fodder....I want to raise these issues on a public forum and I have fucking idiots on here accusing me of being political....
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Birmingham now the local authority with most cases:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14

It is the largest authority by population, so perhaps not much of a surprise.

Obviously the local authorities with the smallest populations are more likely to appear at the bottom of the list, but it's curious that the bottom 2 are Hartlepool and Bracknell Forest. We might have expected to see the former near the bottom, but not the latter.
  • Options

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Tyson

May I say how sorry I am to hear your news and fully understand your anger and dismay

The nationwide applause tonight was a gesture to all the medics and others acting heroically on our behalf and the NHS is the beating heart of our nation in these dark times

Best wishes
    Thanks Big_G.....my post above was aimed at Floater yesterday....

I really hope your family are recovering too...and let us please hope this nightmare ends soon....
  • Options
    PBModeratorPBModerator Posts: 661
    Please let us tone it down before it gets too heated.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,001
    isam said:

Interesting @felix intends to spend, spend, spend when this is all over. I was wondering earlier if the public would take the opportunity to go crazy with their freedom when we are allowed, or whether the quiet, frugal existence might make them appreciate the best things in life are free.

I hope for the latter, but am probably wrong

Don't know about spend spend spend but I'm heading down the pub lol
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,583
    edited March 2020
    tlg86 said:

My father has signed up to the phone triage (and general pregnancy/new born support) for a local GP surgery, he's of the opinion that Covid-19 has spread quite widely, although it maybe Sheffield is a bit of a relative hotspot at the moment.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,164
    edited March 2020

nunu2 said:
    I am not sure that was what Trump was talking about when he promised to make America #1 again.
    In terms of total Covid 19 cases the US is now number 1, in terms of deaths from Covid 19 though the U.S. is only 6th behind Italy, Spain, China, Iran and France

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,368
    Quite an interesting analysis of the apparently baffling improvement of Trump's ratings: it's not that people think he's reacting brilliantly, but that he's reacting as they would in his shoes.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/26/opinions/americans-like-trump-handling-crisis-opinion-jennings/index.html

It's possible to exaggerate his improvement and it seems to be dipping again, but he's still got a good wodge of sympathy:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/public_approval_of_president_trumps_handling_of_the_coronavirus-7088.html
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,796
    edited March 2020

Not sure if this has already been mentioned on here but in contrast to that w***er at Weatherspoons, Aldi are giving all their staff a 10% bonus as thanks for all their hard work at the moment. Another shop I will be happy to support when this is all over.

https://propermanchester.com/news/aldi-to-reward-all-staff-with-10-bonus-to-say-thanks-for-their-hard-work/

Good on Aldi's.

We really need to maintain and publicise the list of companies who put profit before decency.
  • Options
    eadric said:

Floater said:

tyson said:

No fucking way....

Saw your note you sad sack of shit - dont take your understandable fear and anger out on me.

Guys, guys

People on this forum are probably going to get very sick from this disease, and maybe worse than sick.

Maybe we should rein in the bickering.
    The voice of reason speaking, unironically.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Very best of luck Foxy.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

My father has signed up to the phone triage (and general pregnancy/new born support) for a local GP surgery, he's of the opinion that Covid-19 has spread quite widely, although it maybe Sheffield is a bit of a relative hotspot at the moment.
    He could get very busy in a few months !!!!
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    I see that Tristan Garel-Jones has died at 79. Very pro-European and a Tory 'wet', he was very effective in the Whips Office.
  • Options
    tyson said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Tyson

Best wishes

I really hope your family are recovering too...and let us please hope this nightmare ends soon....
    Yes I know it was

My niece and husband are making progress but it is a horrible virus.

Actually they managed to trace the source indirectly to a meeting a colleague had with some Italians three weeks ago

And I share your hope and prayer for this to be over soon
  • Options

tlg86 said:

Anyone planning on giving birth in December/January during the next major peak is mad.
  • Options

felix said:

I think the Democrats are doing their best for his re-election though, just as they did with the impeachment. Firstly, are they still delaying a vital piece of Corona legislation by loading it with things they know Trump won't accept? Secondly, Trump talking up Hydroxychloroquine has made them go to war on it. It has been 'banned' from Corona treatment by one Democrat Governer(?), and has been 'debunked' by Bloomberg. Regardless of the true effectiveness of this drug, clearly as a safe drug for malaria, it should not be 'banned' for Corona if a doctor wishes to prescribe it. It all builds a narrative of it being the 'cure' deliberately denied to people by Trump-obsessed Dems. Once again, red mist seems to be descending on the Democrats, and they may yet save Trump by slavering to destroy him.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/hydroxychloroquine-no-better-than-regular-covid-19-care-in-study
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    You should include the supermarket workers and pharmacy staff who are also on the front line in your applause.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

Anyone planning on giving birth in December/January during the next major peak is mad.
    I have a feeling there might not be a lot of planning going on, more boredom / getting their daily exercise in.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Floater said:

tyson said:

No fucking way....

If I misquoted you....I'd apologise....

I am trying to use this forum to highlight to people the plight of NHS frontline staff...and yesterday you said I was lying....

BTW...your post just now is really horrible and unpleasant....
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,996

We have balls of steel in this country. This proves it.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,963
    Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Best of luck, Foxy. And thank you, for all the advice you have given here and for all the work you do out there in the real world.
  • Options

Good on Aldi's.

We really need to maintain and publicise the list of companies who put profit before decency.
    I could not agree more
  • Options
    edited March 2020

tlg86 said:

Yes, Sheffield on 240 recorded cases. The West Midlands is quite high too, but so are Hampshire/Surrey and Cumbria.
  • Options
    Trump is back on the tractor stats this evening.
  • Options
    TGOHF666TGOHF666 Posts: 2,052
    Schools should go back after the Easter hols - time to look after the economy too.
  • Options

Good on Aldi's.

I'm not sure comparing a company that has been compulsorily shut down with a company that is enjoying a boom in panic shopping is a fair contest??
  • Options
    On non-COVID-19 NHS stuff, my dad has been booked in to have a pacemaker fitted at the Royal Surrey next Thursday. It concerns me that they think that it's urgent enough that they want to get it done (not that we're complaining about that).
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,351
    tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Is this a hospital in England ?
  • Options

tyson said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Tyson

Best wishes

Yes I know it was

Actually they managed to trace the source indirectly to a meeting a colleague had with some Italians three weeks ago

I think the fact that they can trace it in this way shows just how terrible this virus is...it's not something that just washes over the population and a few oldies and weak get terrible symptoms....

My nephew, a strong, fit, healthy young doctor has been pollaxed today...

The best way for any of us to get by...is to socially isolate, socially distance.. make sure the most vulnerable are hidden away......and hope the NHS can cope....any other strategy is disastrous.....
  • Options
    TGOHF666 said:

Schools should go back after the Easter hols - time to look after the economy too.

I cannot see that happening, indeed we have to hope they will be back for September
  • Options

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Yes...on the south coast

• Options

TGOHF666 said:

I cannot see that happening, indeed we have to hope they will be back for September
    There is no threat to children.
  • Options
    Percentage of UK cases that are in London is now down to 34%. It seems that the rest of the country is catching up.
  • Options
    tyson said:

tyson said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Tyson

Best wishes

Yes I know it was

I think the fact that they can trace it in this way shows just how terrible this virus is...it's not something that just washes over the population and a few oldies and weak get terrible symptoms....

My nephew, a strong, fit, healthy young doctor has been pollaxed today...

The best way for any of us to get by...is to socially isolate, socially distance.. make sure the most vulnerable are hidden away......and hope the NHS can cope....any other strategy is disastrous.....
    And keep in touch through PB
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,261
    TGOHF666 said:

TGOHF666 said:

Yeah, it's great that immunity is also conferred upon all adults that interact with children.
  • Options
    GideonWiseGideonWise Posts: 1,123
    Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Drink lots of water. Consider how you are going to occupy your mind and try and control your breathing.

This disease batters you mentally as well as physically.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,790
    Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Get well soon, Dr F. And many thanks for being on the frontline.
  • Options

Quite an interesting analysis of the apparently baffling improvement of Trump's ratings: it's not that people think he's reacting brilliantly, but that he's reacting as they would in his shoes.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/26/opinions/americans-like-trump-handling-crisis-opinion-jennings/index.html

It's possible to exaggerate his improvement and it seems to be dipping again, but he's still got a good wodge of sympathy:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/public_approval_of_president_trumps_handling_of_the_coronavirus-7088.html

I think they are pretty appalling scores for what is in effect a wartime leader at the beginning of his campaign....

Cuomo would be 90%....

You were in Govt from memory at the time of Gordon and the floods...when his popularity ratings were sky high....
  • Options
    TGOHF666 said:

TGOHF666 said:

My youngest son is head of IT at a school and they do not see it reforming until after the summer holidays
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,907
    As someone said, don't socially distance - physically distance.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,426
    FF43 said:

Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

All the best Dr Foxy.
  • Options

Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Drink lots of water. Consider how you are going to occupy your mind and try and control your breathing.

Do you find that steam - hot baths or anything like that, relieves your symptoms? I am interested, no need to share if you don't want to.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14

Obviously the local authorities with the smallest populations are more likely to appear at the bottom of the list, but it's curious that the bottom 2 are Hartlepool and Bracknell Forest. We might have expected to see the former near the bottom, but not the latter.

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Yes, Sheffield on 240 recorded cases. The West Midlands is quite high too, but so are Hampshire/Surrey and Cumbria.
    The HSJ figures seem pretty up to date. Given by English hospital Trust. The Midlands hotspot is Wolverhampton and Sandwell, but there are cases nearly everywhere now.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/news/coronavirus-deaths-mapped/7027212.article
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,796

Good on Aldi's.

I'm not sure comparing a company that has been compulsorily shut down with a company that is enjoying a boom in panic shopping is a fair contest??
    The two points are separate. Good on Aldi. And...

We really need to maintain and publicise the list of companies who put profit before decency. Wetherspoons, Cineworld, Gatwick Airport, I'm thinking of you.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,048

Amazon was suggesting it to me after a purchase earlier, as something popular right now.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    Clearly not the reason, but I don't think any party cares to reduce the size of parliament anymore and haven't for years.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,894
    TGOHF666 said:

Yes, we should all be back to normal to celebrate VE-Day or perhaps we should rename it VC-Day on May 8th.

TIme to look after the economy (apparently).
  • Options
    I dimly recall we have been over this, but what is a good model of oxygen monitor?
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,351
    tyson said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Yes...on the south coast

My wife works as a nurse in Winchester hospital RHCH, she has just come in from a 12 hour shift, I read your post to her, she is staggered. They are not allowed anywhere near a Covid patient ward without full PPE and must wear paper scrubs. As soon as they leave the ward the scrubs are taken off and thrown away. There do not have a PPE shortage. It’s unreal that a NHS hospital could allow doctors near Covid patients unprotected.
  • Options

Good on Aldi's.

The two points are separate. Good on Aldi. And...

We really need to maintain and publicise the list of companies who put profit before decency. Wetherspoons, Cineworld, Gatwick Airport, I'm thinking of you.
    Ok. Richard's post does appear to be more of a comparison though.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    Ha, ha, ha, I mean :lol: Brexit? Who the fuck cares about that anymore?
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,176

eadric said:

Floater said:

tyson said:

No fucking way....

Guys, guys

People on this forum are probably going to get very sick from this disease, and maybe worse than sick.

Maybe we should rein in the bickering.
    The voice of reason speaking, unironically.
    Speaking eirenically in fact.
  • Options
    April/May seems a bit early for schools to be back, politically let alone any other reason. Gods willing the peak will have passed and things will have eased a bit, but I doubt there'll be a rush to get things back to normal lest it happen too soon.
  • Options

Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Yes, I am drinking plenty, OK psychologically. Feeling alright again now, it is a bit weird.
    FF43 said:

Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Barely got out of the trench...
  • Options

Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Do you find that steam - hot baths or anything like that, relieves your symptoms? I am interested, no need to share if you don't want to.
    Yes I find they do help a little.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

The HSJ figures seem pretty up to date. Given by English hospital Trust. The Midlands hotspot is Wolverhampton and Sandwell, but there are cases nearly everywhere now.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/news/coronavirus-deaths-mapped/7027212.article
    I won (on behalf of my trust for a service I developed) a prestigious HSJ Award for Health Innovation...back in the day...Jon Snow gave me the award at a swanky event in London....a very nice memory....
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,001
    One of my best friends from school now hospitalised with it :.
    ~
    https://twitter.com/DuncanFlynn81/status/1243211214014033921
  • Options
    stodge said:

TGOHF666 said:

Yes, we should all be back to normal to celebrate VE-Day or perhaps we should rename it VC-Day on May 8th.

O
    kle4 said:

April/May seems a bit early for schools to be back, politically let alone any other reason. Gods willing the peak will have passed and things will have eased a bit, but I doubt there'll be a rush to get things back to normal lest it happen too soon.

The economy is going down the plug hole for 5000 boomers who didn’t have many runs left in their season.

• Options

I dimly recall we have been over this, but what is a good model of oxygen monitor?

Muchness of muchness. Just get one soon would be my advice. A GP I know is having to use proxy estimates for patients saturation over the phone. If you are lucky enough to see a GP in person or you get an ambulance out the first thing they will measure is your saturation and respiratory rate.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068
    BigRich said:

Hadn't seen that Clap for carers think, but 15 minits ago I here a lot of noise outside my window, and thought to myself 'what are they doing - ignoring the isolation' now it makes sence.
    TSE has been giving nurses the clap?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Yes, I am drinking plenty, OK psychologically. Feeling alright again now, it is a bit weird.
    FF43 said:

Foxy said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Barely got out of the trench...
    Time to put your zinc theory to the test. I've got one I used to take which is ionic Zinc.
  • Options

tyson said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Yes...on the south coast

My wife works as a nurse in Winchester hospital RHCH, she has just come in from a 12 hour shift, I read your post to her, she is staggered. They are not allowed anywhere near a Covid patient ward without full PPE and must wear paper scrubs. As soon as they leave the ward the scrubs are taken off and thrown away. There do not have a PPE shortage. It’s unreal that a NHS hospital could allow doctors near Covid patients unprotected.
    My nephew is one of two doctors on a Covid ward...they have paper aprons, gloves and paper masks...no eye protection,. nothing for their hair...yesterday he had to bring his scrubs back home to launder after a 12 hr shift

No one wears eye protection...he won't because no one else has it...

I am slightly concerned that your post is fake news to counteract people who come on here with what is actually happening.....
  • Options
    TGOHF666 said:

stodge said:

TGOHF666 said:

O
    kle4 said:

The economy is going down the plug hole for 5000 boomers who didn’t have many runs left in their season.

Err no. I'm not a boomer. I'm 34. My wife is 33. We are both distraught. You know nothing I'm afraid.
  • Options
    TGOHF666 said:

stodge said:

TGOHF666 said:

O
    kle4 said:

I really think that is unaceptable. Money before peoples lives
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    tyson said:

tyson said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Yes...on the south coast

My nephew is one of two doctors on a Covid ward...they have paper aprons, gloves and paper masks...no eye protection,. nothing for their hair...yesterday he had to bring his scrubs back home to launder after a 12 hr shift

I am slightly concerned that your post is fake news to counteract people who come on here with what is actually happening.....
    It's possible PPE supply situation is different across the country.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    TGOHF666 said:

TGOHF666 said:

Unless they need parents for some reason
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

BigRich said:

Hadn't seen that Clap for carers think, but 15 minits ago I here a lot of noise outside my window, and thought to myself 'what are they doing - ignoring the isolation' now it makes sence.
    Fake news.

That said I did ask my girlfriend to wear a nurse's outfit the other day, just so we could get served quicker in Sainsbury's.
  • Options
    guybrushguybrush Posts: 237
    RobD said:

tyson said:

tyson said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Yes...on the south coast

That seemed to be the explanation offered in today's Downing St press conference, 'localised supply chain issues' apparently.
  • Options

TGOHF666 said:

stodge said:

TGOHF666 said:

O
    kle4 said:

Err no. I'm not a boomer. I'm 34. My wife is 33. We are both distraught. You know nothing I'm afraid.
    It was a dreadful 'Trump' style comment

I really hope you both move pass this distressing stage quickly and make a full recovery

All the best
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,014

Good on Aldi's.

Both have taken actions they did not need to take.

In one case they have decided to hang 40,000 employees out to dry. In the other they have decided to have their employees share in their good fortune. I know which one will be getting my custom in future and which will not.
  • Options

TGOHF666 said:

stodge said:

TGOHF666 said:

O
    kle4 said:

TGOHF666 said:

stodge said:

TGOHF666 said:

O
    kle4 said:

TGOHF666 said:

stodge said:

TGOHF666 said:

O
    kle4 said:

He could have a point accept that once your hospital is full of said boomers (and it’s not just boomers) everybody else’s treatment goes out the window, as I’m learning and having to live with. So it’s in every bodies interest to attempt to limit the impact.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068

TGOHF666 said:

TGOHF666 said:

What reason would that be?
  • Options

TGOHF666 said:

stodge said:

TGOHF666 said:

O
    kle4 said:

It was a dreadful 'Trump' style comment

I really hope you both move pass this distressing stage quickly and make a full recovery

All the best
    Cheers Big G. It has been the most dreadful week of my life and unfortunately I believe I am currently in the eye of the storm.
  • Options
    RobD said:

tyson said:

tyson said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Yes...on the south coast

No...what worries me more (much more) is that posters like Neryshughes emerge on this site with this kind of misinformation....and it should worry you too, and the people who run this site....
  • Options
    nichomar said:

TGOHF666 said:

stodge said:

TGOHF666 said:

O
    kle4 said:

TGOHF666 said:

stodge said:

TGOHF666 said:

O
    kle4 said:

TGOHF666 said:

stodge said:

TGOHF666 said:

O
    kle4 said:

He could have a point accept that once your hospital is full of said boomers (and it’s not just boomers) everybody else’s treatment goes out the window, as I’m learning and having to live with. So it’s in every bodies interest to attempt to limit the impact.
    He does not have a point unless you put the economy over peoples lives

And people matter to me, not profits
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

BigRich said:

Fake news.

That said I did ask my girlfriend to wear a nurse's outfit the other day, just so we could get served quicker in Sainsbury's.
    Was that the only reason?
  • Options
    tyson said:

RobD said:

tyson said:

tyson said:

tyson said:

Barnesian said:

Floater said:

Yes...on the south coast

No...what worries me more (much more) is that posters like Neryshughes emerge on this site with this kind of misinformation....and it should worry you too, and the people who run this site....
    I mean it's anecdote vs. anecdote at this point.
  • Options
    FossFoss Posts: 694
    Andy_JS said:

We have balls of steel in this country. This proves it.
    The thing with Contagion is that the world takes a hit but claws it’s way back to eventually beat the illness down. Its almost the COVID version of ‘Went the Day Well?’
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

TGOHF666 said:

TGOHF666 said:

What reason would that be?
    Money
This discussion has been closed.