Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The 2019 St John PB Christmas Crossword

Comments

• Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,280

HYUFD said:
    My late wife and I used to open our presents on Xmas eve (I think the Germans do that) second time round I have to wait till after Breakfast on Xmas Day!
    We were made to wait until mid afternoon. But it hasn’t affected me, at all.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897

Merry Christmas PB. Hope you all have a good one. I'm at work for the 3rd Christmas Day in a row, but by choice this time, so don't feel too sorry for me. :D

Hope you (and anyone else in jobs that need to be on standby) have a very quiet day!
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Wot no polls? I want a judge led enquiry...

Happy Christmas, and good health!

You mean an Ed Miliband-led inquiry, surely!
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Merry Christmas PB. Hope you all have a good one. I'm at work for the 3rd Christmas Day in a row, but by choice this time, so don't feel too sorry for me. :D

Hope you (and anyone else in jobs that need to be on standby) have a very quiet day!
    My sister-in-law's a medic in a maternity hospital, she's working today, but should be off this evening.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to everyone.

I won't be online today, 2 small girls having a great day. Just taking a break from Lego to say Merry Christmas and hope you all and your families and loved ones are having a wonderful day.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,095
    edited December 2019
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

rcs1000 said:

It's almost 8pm in Los Angeles, and family rcs1000 is struck low by the Influenza B virus. We're popping Tamiflu like they're smarties, and are grumpy as hell.

Oh dear ... doesn't your all-singing, all-dancing fully inclusive American medical insurance policy include provision for annual flu jabs? Folk like your Mum & Dad and including yours truly get ours for free over here doncha know. Small wonder you're feeling grumpy ... Happy Christmas.
    what time is the joke scheduled for?
    He’s with Carrie,* and they’re both overseas...so not today.

*As it is the season of goodwill, I will not make jokes about broads...
    Hard at work touring the colonies I believe.
    Never heard it called that before...
    Not going down under apparently.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    21 Down trying to somehow concenate / mix up Suez and Niece. Hmm
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,779
    21 down has been solved. It is niece. The explanation is in the thread.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,536
    Interested that we now decide class by self-identification.

Can we get half a million people to self-identify as elephants, so they are no longer under threat and we can go back to ivory piano keys?
  • Options
    THE Queen is to let Prince Philip deliver the Christmas speech, mainly just to see what will happen.

A palace spokesman said: “She’s at the age where she’s thinking, fuck it, I am tired of mouthing empty mechanical platitudes and would rather be doing something with horses.

“She knows that if she hands Philip the task then at least it won’t be boring. If it means the end of the monarchy then so be it, it’s not like there’s a decent heir anyway.”

Prince Philip has been briefed to avoid topics including bongos, rain dances, bare breasts, spears, cannibalism, women in general, infant obesity, the Scottish, the Welsh, the Irish and the rest of the world.

Prince Charles had volunteered to take his Mother’s place but the Queen dismissed the idea as “so ridiculous as to be unfunny”.

https://bit.ly/2ESXZRa
  • Options
    SandraMcSandraMc Posts: 599
    edited December 2019
    Help. My turkey is cooking incredibly slowly even though I've allowed extra time and turned the oven up to compensate. We shall be eating late afternoon at this rate.

Meanwhile, 13 down is McCarthysim. Anagram of this army plus MCC =club.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,232
    SandraMc said:

Help. My turkey is cooking incredibly slowly even though I've allowed extra time and turned the oven up to compensate. We shall be eating late afternoon at this rate.

So’s mine, if that’s any help. I am permitting myself a wry smile at the instructions it would cook in three hours at GM4 - I have allowed seven and it looks as if I was optimistic.
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908
    Which clues remain? Getting 2 is my best ever, but I dream of greater glory...
  • Options
    Yes. McCarthyism. As explained.
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908
    6 down, perhaps Burke?
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,395

THE Queen is to let Prince Philip deliver the Christmas speech, mainly just to see what will happen.

A palace spokesman said: “She’s at the age where she’s thinking, fuck it, I am tired of mouthing empty mechanical platitudes and would rather be doing something with horses.

“She knows that if she hands Philip the task then at least it won’t be boring. If it means the end of the monarchy then so be it, it’s not like there’s a decent heir anyway.”

Prince Philip has been briefed to avoid topics including bongos, rain dances, bare breasts, spears, cannibalism, women in general, infant obesity, the Scottish, the Welsh, the Irish and the rest of the world.

Prince Charles had volunteered to take his Mother’s place but the Queen dismissed the idea as “so ridiculous as to be unfunny”.

https://bit.ly/2ESXZRa

I think, sadly, we missed a trick with Phil. The Queen *hires* the Prime Minister - but under proper practise, there needs to be an exit interview. In fact I 'm not sure that this doesn't breach HR legislation....

Anyway... what we should have had was this - every departing Prime Minister would have to spend an hour with Phil. Who would be encouraged (nay, commanded) to express himself fully on the subject of their in-job performance. The recordings of which would held under the 100 year rule.
  • Options

RobD said:

Mr. D, try not to fly into any reindeer.

Luckily I'm not flying this thing! I do have news for @TheScreamingEagles - BA categorises Die Hard under "Festive Cheer". If the flag carrier thinks it is a Christmas movie, that settles it. :D:p
    No wonder BA are so poorly regarded.

British Airways has taken a nosedive in UK passengers’ opinions and is now rated just above Ryanair at the bottom end of the airline rankings.

The flag carrier was among the worst rated for food, seat comfort and value for money on both short and long-haul services in the annual Which? poll.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/dec/19/british-airways-slumps-near-bottom-passenger-survey-airlines?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
    To be frank, Wizz Air is better - at least they aren't pretending to be Singapore or Emirates and they do what they do, well.

Die Hard is obviously a Christmas movie - BA is right once a year....
  • Options
    SandraMc said:

Mine is browning quickly. Only been in 45 mins.
  • Options
    SandraMc said:

The important thing when cooking turkey is the champagne.

You start drinking champagne just before the turkey is supposed to be ready, and carry on until it is. This ensures that everyone is very happy and that the turkey is properly cooked. This prevents ugly rows and food poisoning.

Then you move onto Chablis to go with the turkey...
  • Options
    MattW said:

Can we get half a million people to self-identify as elephants, so they are no longer under threat and we can go back to ivory piano keys?

I thought self-identifying as working class was a bit like self-identifying as a Lib Dem voter. There are twice as many claiming that they are than is possible.
  • Options
    6 down. Yes, Burke. Half keen = ke. Difficulty = rub. Rub overcome = bur. bur + ke = Burke.
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zxfnZR3sMew&feature=shareA

And to think it almost came true.

Have a good one, all.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,601

SandraMc said:

You start drinking champagne just before the turkey is supposed to be ready, and carry on until it is. This ensures that everyone is very happy and that the turkey is properly cooked. This prevents ugly rows and food poisoning.

That is the best cooking tip of the year.
    Sadly my turkey is already done and resting; the vegetarian main prepared & into the oven.

I now have a scant twenty minutes of quaffing time.

Nonetheless, best wishes for Christmas to all.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

rcs1000 said:

It's almost 8pm in Los Angeles, and family rcs1000 is struck low by the Influenza B virus. We're popping Tamiflu like they're smarties, and are grumpy as hell.

Oh dear ... doesn't your all-singing, all-dancing fully inclusive American medical insurance policy include provision for annual flu jabs? Folk like your Mum & Dad and including yours truly get ours for free over here doncha know. Small wonder you're feeling grumpy ... Happy Christmas.

Not entirely unlike Ugandan discussions, I suppose.

And a tour of former possessions seems somehow quite appropriate for Boris.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

SandraMc said:

That is the best cooking tip of the year.
    Sadly my turkey is already done and resting; the vegetarian main prepared & into the oven.

I now have a scant twenty minutes of quaffing time.

Nonetheless, best wishes for Christmas to all.
    In my single days I had a cunning plan - non-stop parties. Dinner parties are good, providing the drinking is Georgian in style. My cooking was pretty damn average. So I served champagne on the basis of at least half a bottle per guest as Hors d'oeuvre. Follow up with a bottle per person, per course.
  • Options
    With the oven on full my turkey is only just starting to show signs of browning but the champagne has been finished and I grabbed a handful of peanuts only to discover that they are salt and vinegar flavoured peanuts! Yuk.

Meanwhile, 5 across rebelled. Bell = independent. Plus reed = thatcher's material.
    13 across Rees-Mogg. Rees = former Labour Home Secretary. Mogg = Gladstone GOM backwards plus g for good.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,123
    ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

You are Ed Miliband and I claim my bottle of festive punch.
    I hear John Prescott is delivering that festive punch....
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

You are Ed Miliband and I claim my bottle of festive punch.
    I hear John Prescott is delivering that festive punch....
    I want an Ed MIliband-led inquiry!
  • Options
    SandraMc said:

With the oven on full my turkey is only just starting to show signs of browning but the champagne has been finished and I grabbed a handful of peanuts only to discover that they are salt and vinegar flavoured peanuts! Yuk.

Meanwhile, 5 across rebelled. Bell = independent. Plus reed = thatcher's material.
    13 across Rees-Mogg. Rees = former Labour Home Secretary. Mogg = Gladstone GOM backwards plus g for good.

I'm no Jamie Oliver but is there not a risk you are now cooking the outside faster than the inside? Did you make the mistake of stuffing the bird first?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

rcs1000 said:

Not entirely unlike Ugandan discussions, I suppose.

And a tour of former possessions seems somehow quite appropriate for Boris.
    I'm not 100 per cent convinced about this Mustique story but perhaps that is for tomorrow's thread.
  • Options

SandraMc said:

I'm no Jamie Oliver but is there not a risk you are now cooking the outside faster than the inside? Did you make the mistake of stuffing the bird first?
    No. We are following Delia's instructions.
  • Options
    On cooking turkeys, one of my relatives has turned up with a "turkey baster" which looks like a hygrometer with a spike attached.

No wonder the poor thing looks surprised.
  • Options
    SandraMc said:

SandraMc said:

No. We are following Delia's instructions.
    Delia! That's it! 8 down is Earl Grey. Prime minister & tea.
  • Options

SandraMc said:

"champagne has been finished" - ah, the classic mistake of buying by the bottle rather than the vineyard....

I am thinking of starting an emergency service - champagne to your door in 90 minutes or your money back.
  • Options

MattW said:

I thought self-identifying as working class was a bit like self-identifying as a Lib Dem voter. There are twice as many claiming that they are than is possible.
    You have to be a millionarire in politics...
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,123
    MattW said:

On cooking turkeys, one of my relatives has turned up with a "turkey baster" which looks like a hygrometer with a spike attached.

No wonder ovulating lesbians look surprised!
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,718

MattW said:

No wonder ovulating lesbians look surprised!
    Been on the sherry?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    MattW said:

MattW said:

The most full on, read up, genuine Communist I have ever met had a famous(ish) name, a title & massive inherited wealth. Which had been converted into rental properties - sold the family home, bought a shed load of flats. And was heavily involved in the Labour party.

Yes, I know.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,383
    edited December 2019
    Is 27 (Nearly a Liberal and not mistaken for a Tory) Lamont? Anagram of the first letters of the first three words and "not"; the well-known singer in the bath?

ETA: no, that can't be right. No M.
  • Options
    Yes to Rebelled and to Reed-Mogg. Gladstone was Grand Old Man = GOM. Reversed = MOG. And he did get reversed to MOG = Murder of Gordon, after Khartoum.
  • Options
    Yes to 8 down, Earl Grey. Earl Grey was Prime Minister and (tea) leaves were his legacy. Usually served in china.
  • Options
    Yes to 27 across. Nearly a Liberal is (Norman) Lam(b) without the final letter. Not mistaken or anagrammed is ont. Lam + ont = Lamont = Tory.
  • Options
    13 down. McCarthyism is Red = Communist, hunting.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,352
    MattW said:

MattW said:

Keir Starmer seems keen to have entries on his Wikipedia page about his considerable wealth removed.
  • Options
    Clues remaining are 10, 20, 25 and 26 across. 7, 16 and 18 down.
  • Options
    nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453

MattW said:

MattW said:

Keir Starmer seems keen to have entries on his Wikipedia page about his considerable wealth removed.
    Add them back, again.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,987
    Completely off topic, here's an interesting story in the US about people profiting off the Trump name: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/23/trump-campaign-compete-against-groups-money-089454

It's almost like a mirror image of the 2016 issue where the Trump campaign created "Muslims for Hillary" adverts (that purported to come from the Clinton campaign) and which it ran on the Facebook pages of people who didn't like Muslims.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,771
    IanB2 said:

RobD said:

Luckily I'm not flying this thing! I do have news for @TheScreamingEagles - BA categorises Die Hard under "Festive Cheer". If the flag carrier thinks it is a Christmas movie, that settles it. :D:p
    :)

I was sad when Great Escape got demoted to Easter.
    I was bloody furious when Doctor Who lost its Christmas slot. Chibnall, you [redacted].

Oh, yeah, Britain. Am visiting rellies. We're watching Revenge Of The Sith. Good, good...
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Completely off topic, here's an interesting story in the US about people profiting off the Trump name: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/23/trump-campaign-compete-against-groups-money-089454

It's almost like a mirror image of the 2016 issue where the Trump campaign created "Muslims for Hillary" adverts (that purported to come from the Clinton campaign) and which it ran on the Facebook pages of people who didn't like Muslims.

The Grifter, grifted.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,302

MattW said:

MattW said:

The most full on, read up, genuine Communist I have ever met had a famous(ish) name, a title & massive inherited wealth. Which had been converted into rental properties - sold the family home, bought a shed load of flats. And was heavily involved in the Labour party.

Yes, I know.
    An ex-flatmate of mine was from a very smart family and I think was at one point 20-somethingth in line to the throne. Ardent member of the RCP, very committed to the cause.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,302
    Happy Christmas all btw.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

IanB2 said:

RobD said:

:)

I was sad when Great Escape got demoted to Easter.
    I was bloody furious when Doctor Who lost its Christmas slot. Chibnall, you [redacted].

Oh, yeah, Britain. Am visiting rellies. We're watching Revenge Of The Sith. Good, good...
    If you have a little spare time this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XziLNeFm1ok
  • Options

SandraMc said:

"champagne has been finished" - ah, the classic mistake of buying by the bottle rather than the vineyard....

I am thinking of starting an emergency service - champagne to your door in 90 minutes or your money back.
    Sh*t wine with bubbles.
  • Options

Foxy said:

How is a man who lost more than 20% share of the vote leading the Labour inquiry into why they lost?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,005
    Mitt Romney having a small family get together this Christmas

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/1209842364572934145?s=20
  • Options
    nunu2 said:

Foxy said:

How is a man who lost more than 20% share of the vote leading the Labour inquiry into why they lost?
    Experience and perspective.

You think Boris Johnson would do a better job ?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

By Mormon standards...
  • Options
    The diplomat was an EU diplomat.
  • Options
    The former Governor was in the US.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    HYUFD said:

Why are half the boys wearing the same shirt?

ETA it is interesting that many of the auto-play videos are captioned.
  • Options
    stjohn said:

The diplomat was an EU diplomat.

10 across Rogers?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Yes. 10 across (Ivan) Rogers. Roger = got it. As in, Roger, over and out. S = succeeded.
  • Options
    The former Cabinet Secretary was nicknamed from his initials.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,614

MattW said:

MattW said:

This is a made-up story. Until a few days ago, Starmer's page said nothing about how much money he does or does not have. Someone then added a sentence saying he's a millionaire. No citation was given and an hour or two later another editor removed the line. Wikipedia is very keen on citations.

A couple of newspapers then wrote this up as some giant scandal, a big cover-up. There's then been some debate among Wikipedia editors about whether or how to cover that story!

I've not seen anything to suggest Starmer or anyone associated with him has been involved.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

nunu2 said:

Foxy said:

Boris knows how to win.
  • Options

MattW said:

MattW said:

This is a made-up story. Until a few days ago, Starmer's page said nothing about how much money he does or does not have. Someone then added a sentence saying he's a millionaire. No citation was given and an hour or two later another editor removed the line. Wikipedia is very keen on citations.

A couple of newspapers then wrote this up as some giant scandal, a big cover-up. There's then been some debate among Wikipedia editors about whether or how to cover that story!

I've not seen anything to suggest Starmer or anyone associated with him has been involved.
    I feel for the gentlemen - it is an acknowledged problem in politics. You are a normal person, doing your job, and then you accidentally become a millionaire.

It takes dedication to leave politics in penury - like Charles De Gaulle.
  • Options
    24 down is Labour at the election - they wish!
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,614

MattW said:

MattW said:

The better recent Wikipedia story is Tom Newton Dunn editing his article.
  • Options
    Dear god, I’d forgotten how good are the leftover cold roast potatoes in the bottom of the roasting pan....

...groans.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

MattW said:

MattW said:

So, is he a millionaire or not? :D
  • Options
    26 down PM was a Viscount.
  • Options
    nunu2 said:

Nigelb said:

nunu2 said:

Foxy said:

Boris knows how to win.
    As Labour leader ... ?
  • Options
    stjohn said:

26 down PM was a Viscount.

Down ?
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,352
    edited December 2019

MattW said:

MattW said:

I feel for the gentlemen - it is an acknowledged problem in politics. You are a normal person, doing your job, and then you accidentally become a millionaire.

Starmer is not a "normal" person. He went out of his way to become known when he was at the DPP with those Press Conference type decisions to prosecute or not as the case may have been, and now when people hint at his wealth, he gets a bit touchy about it.
    I would be amazed if he was not a millionaire... multi millionaire is questionable .. There are a lot of people who are millionaires, and they really are ordinary types. Keir Starmer is not ordinary in that sense. and he is desperately keen not to be seen as wealthy as it might damage his leadership ambitions.
  • Options
    I still can't get 7 down. There are only three letters and we've got two of them.
  • Options
    It’s a Liberal leader “discovered”, i.e without his covering or external letters.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    stjohn said:

It’s a Liberal leader “discovered”, i.e without his covering or external letters.

Ah, so leg from Clegg. I'm not used to these crossword conventions; generally I look for an anagram, or a second clue, then give up.
  • Options
    paulyork64paulyork64 Posts: 2,461
    Have we got all the answers?

Thanks to StJohn for the entertainment.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Have we had 16 down yet? (My turkey finally cooked and we had lunch only 1 hr 40 mins late) My answer is Goderich. GOD = Gus O'Donnell (sp?) head of civil service , known as God. Blair = Eric as in Eric Blair aka George Orwell. and Has initially = letter H)
  • Options
    20 across = remainer
  • Options
    SandraMc said:

Have we had 16 down yet? (My turkey finally cooked and we had lunch only 1 hr 40 mins late) My answer is Goderich. GOD = Gus O'Donnell (sp?) head of civil service , known as God. Blair = Eric as in Eric Blair aka George Orwell. and Has initially = letter H)

One drumstick was not quite cooked but we sat down to the rest, which was perfectly done, on time. So we were a bit luckier than you.

I allowed 7 hours to cook it - if anything an underestimate.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

nunu2 said:

Nigelb said:

nunu2 said:

Foxy said:

Boris knows how to win.
    As Labour leader ... ?
    You know what, he probably could if he switched parties!

We ❤ Boris!
  • Options

MattW said:

MattW said:

Starmer is not a "normal" person. He went out of his way to become known when he was at the DPP with those Press Conference type decisions to prosecute or not as the case may have been, and now when people hint at his wealth, he gets a bit touchy about it.
    I would be amazed if he was not a millionaire... multi millionaire is questionable .. There are a lot of people who are millionaires, and they really are ordinary types. Keir Starmer is not ordinary in that sense. and he is desperately keen not to be seen as wealthy as it might damage his leadership ambitions.
    I was referring to the sad, unfortunate problem of politics. EvulPeople(TM) leave money in your bank account in the middle of the night, unasked.

All these honest sages (from all parties) - beset by a tidal wave of money....
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

By Mormon standards...
    I saw Mitt Romney skiing in Park City with his family a few years ago. There were about fifteen of the around a table in a self service restaurant on the slopes.

He's in great shape for a 72 year old.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

By Mormon standards...
    I saw Mitt Romney skiing in Park City with his family a few years ago. There were about fifteen of the around a table in a self service restaurant on the slopes.

Mitt Romney also made the best gay marriage joke of any Republican: "I believe marriage is a sacred institution between a man and a woman... and a woman... and a woman..."
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

By Mormon standards...

I’m the last to knock the Mittster - I had him at 1000/1 for the presidency. :smile:
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

SandraMc said:

One drumstick was not quite cooked but we sat down to the rest, which was perfectly done, on time. So we were a bit luckier than you.

One of the advantages of vegetarians in the family is smaller turkeys.
    Now on to a light supper of smoked salmon and capers.

While on the Xmas theme, is there a PB consensus on the spices which should go in mulled wine ?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

SandraMc said:

While on the Xmas theme, is there a PB consensus on the spices which should go in mulled wine ?
    Cinnamon.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

SandraMc said:

Cinnamon.
    Whatever works best on a quick trip to the trash bin. One wouldn’t drink mulled wine at any other time of the year, so why now. Unlike champagne, which the philistine above, no doubt a Black Tower enthusiast, traduced.
  • Options
    Remainer, Leg and Goderich all correct. Still three left. 25 and 26 across and 18 down.
  • Options
    Remainer is remainder with died=d away.
  • Options
    There is another remainer lurking in 25 across.
  • Options
    Evening all from rural Hungary. I’ve just been informed my goose is cooked.

Merry Christmas to all, and to those such as @MarqueeMark and @Jonathan who are going through great sorrows, may you find better times. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942
    stjohn said:

Aggrieve?
  • Options
    matt said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

SandraMc said:

Cinnamon.
    Whatever works best on a quick trip to the trash bin. One wouldn’t drink mulled wine at any other time of the year, so why now....
    Mulled wine is fine any time between November and February.

@ydoethur is quite right that cinnamon is a sine qua non - as is decent wine.
    Just wondering if there were any other ... constructive suggestions.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

stjohn said:

Aggrieve?
    Damn you, I got as far as __grieve!
  • Options
    Grieve is right. But the ag- bit is wrong.
  • Options
    stjohn said:

Grieve is right. But the ag- bit is wrong.

degrieve? ungrieve?
  • Options
    -ngrieve is right.
  • Options
    In is used for popular but is ingrieve a word?
This discussion has been closed.