Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Corbyn’s seat total might end up being smaller than Blair’s ma

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Pulpstar said:

The remainers trying to throw Corbyn under the bus already.

Blame game is Corbyn Vs Remain
    SNP success blows Remain argument out of the water.
    Remain party wins Remain country shock. Must be because they aren't radically left wing (except they are whenever it suits the argument)
    Left wing party with "remain" leader wins all the seats.
    Left wing party with "neutral" leader leads party to the worst result since 1935.

I know you're circling the wagons around your man and there is nobility in that. But he is a total abject failure, whose ego has led to this moment.
    I just don't understand how you can't see the difference between a party standing across constituencies that mostly went for Remain, versus one standing in seats across the spectrum, gaining in Remainy seats (possibly, we'll see) while losing massively in Leave or less ardent Renain seats. The SNP doesn't have these Leave areas to lose.
    It looks like Labour will lose votes in Scotland to the SNP, just like it's losing them everywhere else.

Wake up, this is a total catastrophe for Labour. There is nothing good here. This has happened on Corbyn's watch, he is responsible.
    Very easy to scapegoat, but you don't need to fight this battle, the left are undoubtedly gone from the field. Facts are that the progressive parties shared a similar response to Brexit initially, to accept the result but try to make the best of it. SNP, LDs and Plaid all initially had a similar position to Corbyn. They switched to full on Remain2.0 parties only quite recently, and that because they wanted to target Labour Remainers, which is fair enough but itvwas neverva viable strategy for the UK as a whole after 2016.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,739

When will we have our first southern seat?

Swindon North is in the south...
    We prefer to think it isn't. It isn't even in Wiltshire any more
    Really, where has it moved to?
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176

speedy2 said:

The first Scottish seat would give:
    SNP 53
    CON 3
    LD 1
    LAB 1

The exit poll looks correct in Scotland too.

What are the three Scottish Conservative seats?
    Presumably it would be the 3 border seats - Dumfries & Galloway, Dumfriesshire Clydesdale etc and Berwick, Roxburgh & Selkirk?
    Although the BBC forecaster seems to have only DC&E and BRS as likely Tory holds. All the others down as SNP gains so I don't understand the 3 holds.

Dumfries & G is down as 53/47 toss up in SNP favour so unless they just log toss up seats like that for the incumbent (which surely undermines the exit poll prediction if so)?
  • Options
    What a night to leave my first message. I do solemnly swear to keep my comments focused on analysing what happened...and discourse on what might happen next. To not argue the toss about policies or values.
    Disillusioned Lab member. A half way competent leader who wasn’t clearly morally compromised would have meant I believe to at least being largest party.
    I think’normality’ has returned tonight. If your leader has catastrophic personal ratings, if your party is not trusted on the economy, if voters think your opponents are better on tne NHS, then those big poll leads....yeah they are very probably right
  • Options
    HenriettaHenrietta Posts: 136
    edited December 2019

IanB2 said:

rcs1000 said:

Turnout is currently running -2.7% against 2017.

BUT BUT BUT...all those tweets about massive queues...
    It was always blindingly obvious that people prefer to walk to the polling station in daylight.
    And I noted when I popped out last night, its Christmas Party season...It was heaving with people and clearly they will have voted in the morning (if they voted).
    FPT

Can I be COMPLETELY BLOODY CHEEKY and suggest that when a result gets filled in on the WonderSheet, then the Est Time column gets overwritten by actual time? Or that a spare column gets used as a binary flag, set to 1 when a result come in? Since the est times are well off in some cases, it would be nice to be able to sort the sheet to see the actual declarations at a glance at the top, rather than have to scroll well down to see the ones that came in early.

(FWIW us users of your sheet can actually sort and filter columns in our view, so setting one column as a flag would work well without requiring, I hope, major changes to your script...)

Love the sheet btw, many thanks for it!
    I keep sorting by LD voteshare. The rows with blanks stay at the bottom, still in estimated declaration time order.

A big thankyou for the spreadsheet, @FrancisUrquhart !
  • Options
    I suggested a few days ago that Bolsover wouldn't be close and that the Tories would win it. Not one person commented. Let's see...
  • Options
    Gedling has gone???!? Never expected that. Bassetlaw yes, but Gedling is beyond the exit poll. Vernon Coaker gone.
This discussion has been closed.