Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » It looks as though Big Bold Boris could skip the Andrew Neil i

Comments

• Options
    nichomar said:

I mean, just listen to that speech which I bet she had input on.

Can you really imagine Johnson having that kind of intellect? It's staggering by comparison to the buffoonery and drivel he blusters forth.

Has the Labour line of calling Boris a buffoon had much traction ?

Well a 70+ former Tory voter in Raabs seat said she couldn’t vote for thatb’buffoon’
    Wow!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 93,404
    edited November 2019
    nunu2 said:

I see the BJorg are out defending their master's cowardice as simultaneously a masterstroke of low cunning and high principle.

Surprise level less than fuck all.

Not me. This is really bad from Boris, it will backfire badly. It will build a narrative like it did for May.
    I can't see how he could defend it. Yes he has done a debate, but everyone in politics knows a debate is not the same thing as a detailed inverview, particularly one from a broadcaster known to be good at the job. He wouldn't be able to stop the narrative getting out that he was frit, and what would the counter to that claim be? He could only use the same lines May tried, but that doesn't hold water.
    I thought Boris was meant to have guts? He surely has something planned, not just running scared?
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

saddened said:

Floater said:

All the Labour drones last night were saying the interview didn't matter and would move the dial not a jot.

So the same would be true for Boris right?

I don't know what does CCHQ advise you to say?
    Remember this from yesterday?

CorrectHorseBattery said:
    People who hate Corbyn will think it was terrible, those who don’t won’t. This will make zero difference.

Will that be your line to take once Boris, has been renamed a new one? I suspect not.
    Flag Quote · Off Topic Like
    Yes it will be the same.

Don't pretend you're somehow less partisan than me, "Floater" lol nope
    Only partisan in one way - I loath Labour

One of us lies, the other one is me
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,210
    90 mins :o
  • Options
    Sunil on Sunday prediction: YG MRP - Cons on 340
  • Options
    kle4 said:

nunu2 said:

I see the BJorg are out defending their master's cowardice as simultaneously a masterstroke of low cunning and high principle.

Not me. This is really bad from Boris, it will backfire badly. It will build a narrative like it did for May.
    I can't see how he could defend it. Yes he has done a debate, but everyone in politics knows a debate is not the same thing as a detailed inverview, particularly one from a broadcaster known to be good at the job. He wouldn't be able to stop the narrative getting out that he was firt, and what would the counter to that claim be? He could only use the same lines May tried, but that doesn't hold water.
    I thought Boris was meant to have guts? He surely has something planned, not just running scared?
    I think if anyone had said May would avoid debates in 2017 they'd have been laughed out of the room.

To be fair Cameron started it, so there is precedent for it
  • Options
    Floater said:

saddened said:

Floater said:

All the Labour drones last night were saying the interview didn't matter and would move the dial not a jot.

So the same would be true for Boris right?

I don't know what does CCHQ advise you to say?
    Remember this from yesterday?

CorrectHorseBattery said:
    People who hate Corbyn will think it was terrible, those who don’t won’t. This will make zero difference.

Will that be your line to take once Boris, has been renamed a new one? I suspect not.
    Flag Quote · Off Topic Like
    Yes it will be the same.

Don't pretend you're somehow less partisan than me, "Floater" lol nope
    Only partisan in one way - I loath Labour

One of us lies, the other one is me
    Therefore you're just as partisan as me, I hate the Tories (in their current guise anyway)
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited November 2019
    Floater said:

tJust seen this elswhere
    he key theme that emerges from the YouGov MRP seat-by-seat poll is the northern and midlands Labour leave voting constituencies, which in many places, now show comfortable Tory leads.
    ———————
    This would explain why the Labour Party / Momentum has apparently (according to an activist friend in the constituency) abandoned canvassing in the Bassetlaw constituency.

Even I could tell you current polling shows any Labour seats with high percentage of C2DE are in trouble.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Barry Gardiner should be on TV more

He's very good. I've said so several times.
    Heart of gold too.
    Like I said earlier. He has the rare distinction of being able to make Boris look honest.
  • Options

I said similar, 330-350.

If 340 is on a 10 point lead, can anyone work it out on a lower lead?
  • Options
    Brom said:

nunu2 said:

It’s not as bad as May clearly as it’s an interview compared to debates. It would be a calculated gamble, but I expect he will decide to do it. Makes sense to decide late though.
    That it does, but I'd disagree it is not as bad, as I'd say it is worse. Partisan sources find it easier to defend not bothering to 'debate' your rival, being busy facing the public and all that, but being scared of a journalist?
  • Options
    Betfair seat bands Con 2

Favourite is now 340-349 6s
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    RobD said:

90 mins :o

Plus extra time surely! Still 0-1 not a good time to recommend tropical fruit on cheese on toast.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    edited November 2019
    IanB2 said:

Bozo appears to be back to writing two letters.

People who write “Bozo” are no different to the subnormals write “Bliar”. Two sides of the same moron.
  • Options
    nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1199751529391099915/photo/1

What has changed in two and a half years?

Hopefully quite a bit. Although on Labour and Anti-semitism, "Nothing has changed".
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

TudorRose said:

The "Best for Britain" seat projections here

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/1199773788335943680

No projections for Broxtowe or Kensington, oddly.
    The recommendation for Broxtowe is right at the top; it's Soubry.
    Broxtowe is not in the list. Soubry is just at the top in a list of recommendations. Not sure I understand what this table is supposed to show.
    Tactical voting recommendations not a projection
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 45,903

Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Reckon that Johnson can get away with a no-show for Andrew Neil. Most voters don't watch the debates let alone these interview shows, so they're unlikely to be swung one way or the other (even if we assume that, like 2017, this is an election where the campaign matters. My understanding is that more often than not in modern electoral history it hasn't made very much difference to the outcome.)

If he just turns up to the engagements already agreed to (I think that would just mean the second head-to-head with Corbyn the week before the election, but feel free to correct me if I'm missing anything else,) then that should suffice.

But he's skipping two debates, this and the climate change one. The former maybe doesn't matter but the latter is going to encourage a lot of people to come out and vote him out. Climate change is a big issue amongst younger voters.
    A debate between a lot of politicians on climate change will, in every sense of the phrase, be a lot of hot air.
    Thatcher called it when she commented acidly that all politicians do is talk about such things.
    Maggie was one of the first leading politicians to take climate change seriously. This is her at the UN on the subject.

https://youtu.be/VnAzoDtwCBg
    Unaccustomed as I am to defending Margaret Thatcher, this is absolutely right. I remember it well and at the time it caused almost total astonishment. People were sent scrabbling through their dictionaries for definitions and scratching their heads about concepts that were almost totally alien to the ethos of the 1980's.

It really was a complete meme changer.
    Totally different standard to the tripe of leaders we have today.

Wish we had her now.
    For balance, a LOTO like this would be a step up too
    https://youtu.be/bWLN7rIby9s
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 68,334

kinabalu said:

Barry Gardiner should be on TV more

He's very good. I've said so several times.
    Heart of gold too.
    Like I said earlier. He has the rare distinction of being able to make Boris look honest.
    Nobody could manage that. But one of the worrying things about current politics is that when lined up against others he does not stand out for his serial mendacity.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 26,054
    matt said:

IanB2 said:

People who write “Bozo” are no different to the subnormals write “Blair”. Two sides of the same moron.
    Wasn't his name Blair?
  • Options
    nunu2 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1199751529391099915/photo/1
    What has changed in two and a half years?
    Hopefully quite a bit. Although on Labour and Anti-semitism, "Nothing has changed".

Quite possible both those stories will play out exactly the same way again, and that is depressing as hell.
  • Options

matt said:

IanB2 said:

People who write “Bozo” are no different to the subnormals write “Blair”. Two sides of the same moron.
    Wasn't his name Blair?
    I love autocorrect.
    But what’s most paradoxical about that post is that in writing the word in order to illustrate his point, the poster has identified himself as subnormal.
  • Options

matt said:

IanB2 said:

Wasn't his name Blair?
    Bliar
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 19,245
    Just watched Barry Gardiner being interviewed by Andrew Neil and he was so surprisingly good that I looked him up on Wiki and unlike most of the Labour hopefuls he's well educated and with an interesting back story. Don't be fooled by the shop window there do seem to be some talented people in there.

It does beg the question though...

How the hell did they end up with jeremy?
  • Options
    Roger said:

Just watched Barry Gardiner being interviewed by Andrew Neil and he was so surprisingly good that I looked him up on Wiki and unlike most of the Labour hopefuls he's well educated and with an interesting back story. Don't be fooled by the shop window there do seem to be some talented people in there.

The other candidates were worse, so boring and dull.

They should have put Starmer up, he'd have won it
  • Options

Roger said:

He'd only been an MP for 5 minutes! Though IIRC some people did mention him as a possibility even then.
  • Options

Just to be clear about the MRP poll: as I understand it, what it does is use a very large sample in order to get detailed polling on demographic subgroups. Thus, if young women with children are swinging more Labour and elderly working-class men are swinging more Tory, it will detect that. It then projects that onto detailed demographic data for each seat - so if a seat has a lot of elderly working-class men, on the above assumption the Tory swing will be higher.

What is does not do is poll by constituency. So no tactical voting is taken into account, nor are special circumstances, such as a well-known independent standing in the seat. It's therefore of limited benefit in seats like Broxtowe, which re a mess with half a dozen very different types of candidate.

Correct?

I think that's a fair point regarding the complications posed by tactical voting and other local nuances. I had much the same difficulty with my earlier seat modelling based on average swings amongst Leave/Remain subgroups within each 2017 party group. YouGov may have attempted to get around it by trying to find correlations between the effect of demographics and the tactical situation of each seat, and then modelling derived variables that tried to combine the two, but that would be a very complicated MRP model indeed.

The MRP model may have worked in 2017 but the challenges posed by tactical voting were also much less then, in what was turned out to be a simple Con-Lab contest in almost every seat. The 2017 YouGov model predicted that the LDs would get 12 seats (the exact result) but on a higher share of 9%, so it's plausible that that overprediction compensated for a failure to fully model the impact of tactical voting. The challenges of modelling tactical voting are greater in 2019 because the LDs are in frame in many more seats and also because of the difficulty of forming a view on whether a party coming from 3rd might have a better chance than one coming from 2nd (or not).
  • Options
    nunu2 said:

matt said:

IanB2 said:

Wasn't his name Blair?
    Bliar
    Try moving on from Iraq.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1199788886945411078

I knew it's anecdotal but in my part of Hampshire, this is quite a common view...
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited November 2019
    Alistair MRP prediction: SNP 58 seats in Scotland. SNP lose Dundee East.
  • Options
    This may not be a serious prediction.
  • Options
    PeterCPeterC Posts: 1,274
    edited November 2019
    Roger said:

Barry Gardiner is my MP (Brent North). Although I have never voted for him, he is very respected in the constituency.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

matt said:

Reckon that Johnson can get away with a no-show for Andrew Neil. Most voters don't watch the debates let alone these interview shows, so they're unlikely to be swung one way or the other (even if we assume that, like 2017, this is an election where the campaign matters. My understanding is that more often than not in modern electoral history it hasn't made very much difference to the outcome.)

If he just turns up to the engagements already agreed to (I think that would just mean the second head-to-head with Corbyn the week before the election, but feel free to correct me if I'm missing anything else,) then that should suffice.

But he's skipping two debates, this and the climate change one. The former maybe doesn't matter but the latter is going to encourage a lot of people to come out and vote him out. Climate change is a big issue amongst younger voters.
    In what sense will the C4 be a debate? Only one opinion will be permitted.
    If it's so easy why is Johnson skipping it then?
    Nobody has said he IS skipping it.
    Only that it is not locked in the diary. Yet. Which is amateur hour from Labour.
    I expect he will do it.
    Could be he is trying the Corbyn move from the debates in 2017 - not agree to do it until very late, so opponents are left flat footed (in 2017 because May could be defended on the basis Corbyn also skipped the debate, but then he didn't, this time because attacks on him being cowardly would look foolish when he does show up).
    It would look like he’s been bullied into it
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,269
    edited November 2019
    Tales from Hampstead & Kilburn:-
    Still no reply from Labour to my abortion query. Tsk.
    The Tories replied on the WASPI issue within 24 hours. And then, the cheeky so and so's, their local candidate sent me an email about how wonderful he was. He is quite young and rather fit and handsome (and has quite an unusual CV - the arts / rowing etc as well as government). Interestingly he also emphasised how pro-Remain he was.
    But I. Must. Not. Be. Shallow.
    The Lib Dems continue to bombard me with literature. And one of their canvassers came round the other day.
    Plus there was a very nice handsome young man from Greenpeace who came round. We had a long and interesting chat about green issues, he turned out to be half-Italian (with a Papa from Naples) so the chat became even more interesting.
    One bit of paper from Labour was handed to me by a leaflet stuffer and I told him in no uncertain terms my views on the WASPI issue. So if that was you, @kinabalu, I hope you have relayed my cogent opinion back to Tulip!
    Oh - and 2 bits of literature from Nigel Farage's BXP. Bizarre. In Hampstead of all places.
    Still, all good for lighting the fire in these damp and dank times.
    My postal vote has arrived. But I shall wait until the day itself and then hand it in at the polling station. I assume I can do this. Just in case there is some critical revelation ....... Boris promising to slaughter the first-born, Corbyn asking me to be City Supremo / Chancellor / Minister in Charge of Doing Things Competently, that sort of thing. (Well, we all have our price, don't we?....... :) )

• Options
    Roger said:

Can be had at 140 for next leader...
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Roger said:

He'd only been an MP for 5 minutes! Though IIRC some people did mention him as a possibility even then.
    Ironically if Cooper had won it we might have two candidates for PM both with a risk of losing their seat
  • Options
    Do you think any bookmakers will leave their constituency markets up?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:
    I see he's blaming "the likes of Goldman Sachs".
    That would be called anti-semitism if Labour said that.
  • Options

I knew it's anecdotal but in my part of Hampshire, this is quite a common view...

And yet most people will still vote red or blue, so however many people say that, and I'm sure many believe themselves when they say it, they won't carry it through.
  • Options
    Who thought it was a good idea to brief a load of journalists, then wait 10hrs to make them public...
  • Options
  • Options
    I am still saying Tory majority, 340 ish seats
  • Options
    Betfair NOM : 4
  • Options

Hmm she seems undecided to me.
  • Options

Buffoon, Clown, liar are all good memes to push, they are all cutting through.
  • Options

Wouldn’t that be a nervous emoji? :)
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    I wonder if the fact the Tories supposedly lost 19 odd seats of their advantage at the weekend suggests they were winning an awful lot of seats to begin with.

Mind you for most Tories any majority over 30 at this stage would be worth getting the party whistles out for!
  • Options
    Charles said:

kle4 said:

matt said:

In what sense will the C4 be a debate? Only one opinion will be permitted.
    If it's so easy why is Johnson skipping it then?
    Nobody has said he IS skipping it.
    Only that it is not locked in the diary. Yet. Which is amateur hour from Labour.
    I expect he will do it.
    Could be he is trying the Corbyn move from the debates in 2017 - not agree to do it until very late, so opponents are left flat footed (in 2017 because May could be defended on the basis Corbyn also skipped the debate, but then he didn't, this time because attacks on him being cowardly would look foolish when he does show up).
    It would look like he’s been bullied into it
    Bullied? People tried that line about how that lovely gentleman Mr Corbyn looked because of that beastly Andrew Neil, that it's just as silly if Boris' outriders try to play up his being bullied into doing various things.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

YouGov MRP would suggest otherwise.

Nobody fears a buffoon.

People fear Corbyn though - as PM.
  • Options

Jonathan said:
    I see he's blaming "the likes of Goldman Sachs".
    That would be called anti-semitism if Labour said that.
    Perhaps, it would depend who said it and their connection to the ongoing issues dealing with anti-semitic issues.
  • Options

The lady to which I referred earlier
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,397

Who thought it was a good idea to brief a load of journalists, then wait 10hrs to make them public...
    It's just childish - "I'm not going to say it but it's exactly like this".
  • Options
    RobD said:
    As the SCons are constantly reminding us, the Saltire doesn't just belong to the SNP.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Wouldn’t that be a nervous emoji? :)
    I am thinking 400 on that emoji.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,686

Yeah, it's completely ridiculous. Opens up for so much ridiculous market manipulation. Surely the FCA should be regulating polling data in the same way as insider information. Polls move currency markets.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Add coward to the list if he doesn't go to the AN interview.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    edited November 2019
    One man's (woman's?) "basic common decency" is another's "really not doing their job properly". If she feels that way, why on earth is she standing, and what is she being reassuring about?
  • Options

RobD said:
    As the SCons are constantly reminding us, the Saltire doesn't just belong to the SNP.
    :o SCon surge! Man the Klaxons! :o
  • Options

Where in Hampshire are you?

Which constituency?
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    I hope there's no ramping going on anywhere about this 'MRP poll' (which I have no interest in)

One hour 7 mins to go
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

The Tories replied on the WASPI issue within 24 hours. And then, the cheeky so and so's, their local candidate sent me an email about how wonderful he was. He is quite young and rather fit and handsome (and has quite an unusual CV - the arts / rowing etc as well as government). Interestingly he also emphasised how pro-Remain he was.

Nah, go for it.
  • Options
    MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,518
    Poll should have just been released as soon as. Can i claim insider trading :(
  • Options
    RobD said:
    MRP overcooked the SNP in Scotland last time.

Dynamics are also different there, with unionist votes more interchangeable and less the straight Tory/Labour demographic fights.
  • Options
    nunu2 said:

matt said:

IanB2 said:

Wasn't his name Blair?
    Bliar
    Next time I try irony, I will add an emoji just to let you know.
  • Options

RobD said:
    Are you suggesting this poll is a bit ‘meh’ for the Scottish Greens?
  • Options

Strikes me this was their exact intention. It cannot have been hard to predict this would be the reaction.
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    edited November 2019
    I’ve been intrigued by Lord Sugar’s tweets (he just came out to say the labour line on the NHS is untrue and he’s continually negative about them).
    He has 5m viewers and a lot of reach when the Apprentice is on.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    ydoethur said:

matt said:

IanB2 said:

Wasn't his name Blair?
    I love autocorrect.
    But what’s most paradoxical about that post is that in writing the word in order to illustrate his point, the poster has identified himself as subnormal.
    I still insist on calling him "Tiny Blur". Am I subnormal? Serious question (sort of).
  • Options

Clearly Mr Armitage is an undecided voter who was lucky enough to see the poll but obviously he is in the know.
  • Options

Just to be clear about the MRP poll: as I understand it, what it does is use a very large sample in order to get detailed polling on demographic subgroups. Thus, if young women with children are swinging more Labour and elderly working-class men are swinging more Tory, it will detect that. It then projects that onto detailed demographic data for each seat - so if a seat has a lot of elderly working-class men, on the above assumption the Tory swing will be higher.

What is does not do is poll by constituency. So no tactical voting is taken into account, nor are special circumstances, such as a well-known independent standing in the seat. It's therefore of limited benefit in seats like Broxtowe, which re a mess with half a dozen very different types of candidate.

Correct?

I think that's a fair point regarding the complications posed by tactical voting and other local nuances. I had much the same difficulty with my earlier seat modelling based on average swings amongst Leave/Remain subgroups within each 2017 party group. YouGov may have attempted to get around it by trying to find correlations between the effect of demographics and the tactical situation of each seat, and then modelling derived variables that tried to combine the two, but that would be a very complicated MRP model indeed.

The MRP model may have worked in 2017 but the challenges posed by tactical voting were also much less then, in what was turned out to be a simple Con-Lab contest in almost every seat. The 2017 YouGov model predicted that the LDs would get 12 seats (the exact result) but on a higher share of 9%, so it's plausible that that overprediction compensated for a failure to fully model the impact of tactical voting. The challenges of modelling tactical voting are greater in 2019 because the LDs are in frame in many more seats and also because of the difficulty of forming a view on whether a party coming from 3rd might have a better chance than one coming from 2nd (or not).
    Good post.

Yes, I think MRP is great on the straight two party or very heavily driven Leave/Remain constituencies but is pretty crap on the tacticals.

So I'll take Scotland with a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    edited November 2019
    viewcode said:

nico67 said:

Will this YouGov model be updated every day like in the last election .

YouGov does two sets of polls:

* The classic one using an online panel to deduce voting intention,
    * and the MRP poll that uses that panel to deduce the voting intention by age/sex/socioeconomic group and cross-references that to each constituency to deduce seat counts

Which one are you referring to?
    Thanks for the reply . Maybe my memory is shot but I remember a poll that came out daily and was something like the MRP .
  • Options
    Had a great LD barchart today, adding up the totals from recent by-elections, in a single chart.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,391
    Can people clarify - what is the effective date for YouGov MRP?
    Is it what YouGov think the position is today?
    Or yesterday?
    Or average over last week?
    Or what?
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,397
    Charles said:

TudorRose said:

The "Best for Britain" seat projections here

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/1199773788335943680

No projections for Broxtowe or Kensington, oddly.
    The recommendation for Broxtowe is right at the top; it's Soubry.
    Broxtowe is not in the list. Soubry is just at the top in a list of recommendations. Not sure I understand what this table is supposed to show.
    Tactical voting recommendations not a projection
    The figures are projections (which is why the omissions are odd), on what basis I'm not sure.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Roger said:

The skeleton in the closet is peeking out
  • Options
    spudgfshspudgfsh Posts: 1,373
    MikeL said:

Can people clarify - what is the effective date for YouGov MRP?
    Is it what YouGov think the position is today?
    Or yesterday?
    Or average over last week?
    Or what?

You'll have to wait until the data is released.
  • Options

I said similar, 330-350.

If 340 is on a 10 point lead, can anyone work it out on a lower lead?
    From the last thread, based on a 7 point lead (cf ICM poll) my 2016 referendum-based model has the Conservatives on a net gain of 14 in England. Assuming that gains and losses in Scotland and Wales cancel out for them, that would leave the Conservatives on 332.

If I change the model to force a 10 point lead, it gives the Conservatives a net gain of 32 in England, so maybe 35 or so allowing for a slightly better result for them also in Scotland/Wales. That would take them up to 353.

So that's about 31 more across GB on a 10% lead than on a 7% lead. But that's on my model, not the YouGov MRP.
  • Options
    argyllrsargyllrs Posts: 155
    Cummings resigned???
  • Options
    So is Owen Jones lying then? How can you get from 400 seats to a Hung Parliament in one week?
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    Charles said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

The skeleton in the closet is peeking out
    You're full of hot air Charles. Constant allusions to how you think you know something major about Keir Starmer but with never a shred of evidence. I have many contacts and there's nothing particularly serious on him.

Some others, on the other hand ...
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    edited November 2019

matt said:

IanB2 said:

Wasn't his name Blair?
    It takes effort (and overriding autocorrect) to write Bliar...
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,959
    Cyclefree said:

The Lib Dems continue to bombard me with literature. And one of their canvassers came round the other day.
    Plus there was a very nice handsome young man from Greenpeace who came round. We had a long and interesting chat about green issues, he turned out to be half-Italian (with a Papa from Naples) so the chat became even more interesting.
    One bit of paper from Labour was handed to me by a leaflet stuffer and I told him in no uncertain terms my views on the WASPI issue. So if that was you, @kinabalu, I hope you have relayed my cogent opinion back to Tulip!
    Oh - and 2 bits of literature from Nigel Farage's BXP. Bizarre. In Hampstead of all places.
    Still, all good for lighting the fire in these damp and dank times.
    My postal vote has arrived. But I shall wait until the day itself and then hand it in at the polling station. I assume I can do this. Just in case there is some critical revelation ....... Boris promising to slaughter the first-born, Corbyn asking me to be City Supremo / Chancellor / Minister in Charge of Doing Things Competently, that sort of thing. (Well, we all have our price, don't we?....... :) )

Yes, lots of people do this nowadays. It doesn’t even have to be your own polling station, though it is quicker if it is.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Corbyn's actually going to pull off another recovery isn't he? I don't know how he manages it.
    Granted I don't know how he does so badly as to poll so low in the first place and therefore requiring a recovering, but never mind.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 19,245
    Foxy said:

Good set of posters by the Lib Dems on that theme. I don't seem able to access them
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    edited November 2019
    https://twitter.com/joe_armitage/status/1199788081437642752

Why is LD now being depicted as the Chick Chick Chicken party?!
  • Options
    nichomar said:

The lady to which I referred earlier
    I just watched that.

She'll vote Conservative if she's worried about the national result, and LD if she isn't.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,212

kle4 said:

Roger said:

Ironically if Cooper had won it we might have two candidates for PM both with a risk of losing their seat
    Surely you mean 3, including the LibDems' candidate for PM?

(Stop laughing at the back)
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    Just to repeat something I posted earlier when I thought the MRP was going to be favourable to Labour & LibDems:

- this is an opinion poll

- it's not a constituency level poll

- it's an opinion poll

- there's no tactical voting adjustment

oh, and did I mention that

- it's an opinion poll

Adding a little else to that, YouGov have tended to show bigger Conservative leads and have been less favourable to Labour.
  • Options
    For some reason I thought the yellow bird was the Tories...
  • Options

So is Owen Jones lying then? How can you get from 400 seats to a Hung Parliament in one week?

Which constituency are you in?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,130
    One hour guys. One hour!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Yep, looks very much like it. Joy.
  • Options
    Charles said:

For some reason I thought the yellow bird was the Tories...
    It took me a while to work out the ones celebrating weren’t the Greens.
  • Options

Which constituency are you in?
    The one of Mr Damien Hinds
  • Options
    Add in shy Labour and they're in business and no mistake. The chances of Remain are definitely increasing after a poor start.
This discussion has been closed.