Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Warren on the slide in WH2020 nomination betting after negativ

Comments

• Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,255
    I know there’s been a lot of churn in 10 years. But aren’t we looking at:

- Labour unlikely to do worse than Brown 2010, when Clegg achieved a historic outperformance for the Libs (Jo not as good).
    - Tory unlikely to do better than May 2017, when there was a historic consolidation by the Big 2 (and no functioning anti EU party to drain their vote share).

So that’s Labour to get >30%. And Tory to get <40%.

All this about 12-16% leads seems fanciful.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 118,256
    Pulpstar said:

The Lib Dems need to do something or other and fast.

Swinson in the debates
  • Options
    My take is the polls show a majority for Boris, labour have improved from a low base, the lib dems seem to be falling as well as TBP

Boris leads in most indicators and will not be a TM on the campaign trail.

However, this has five more weeks to go and it could still be a hung parliament

And that is my honest non biased opinion
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 48,102
    Banterman said:

Scott_P said:
    Fits the vote for anyone other than Boris, get the communist Corbyn narrative that Boris wants.
    Lol if the Times is right that the Tories plan to attack Labour for reckless spending...
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited November 2019
    Pulpstar said:

"*Waah* It's not fair, we have a few MPs why aren't we included in the debates?" 😭
  • Options
    I understand Boris is to offer an inflation busting pay rise to all pensioners of 3.9%

He knows his voter base
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,209
    edited November 2019
    Received our first Labour election literature today in Newcastle. Zero mention of Corbyn.
  • Options

I understand Boris is to offer an inflation busting pay rise to all pensioners of 3.9%

He knows his voter base

God that’s cynical as anything.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,774
    HYUFD said:

I doubt Warren' health plans will hit her with Democratic primary voters, with general election voters maybe

Democratic primary voters are more moderate than you think.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Delta poll

Deltapoll/Mail on Sunday (31st-2nd):

CON 40 (+3)
    LAB 28 (+4)
    LD 14 (-5)
    BXP 11 (=)

Just one poll, etc, but that's a mighty big LD drop. Still a big improvement on last time, but those fickle voters might just not deliver for them once again.
    What was the 53 that their guy was touting as the most interesting number from the poll? Apart from LAB+LD+BXP I can't find any 53s.

• Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,709
    GIN1138 said:

AndyJS said:

Three VI polls in the Sunday papers

Opinium/Observer (31st-1st):

CON 42 (+2)
    LAB 26 (+2)
    LD 16 (+1)
    BXP 9 (-1)

ORB/Sunday Telegraph (31st-1st):

CON 36 (+10)
    LAB 28 (-1)
    LD 14 (+6)
    BXP 12 (-2)

CON 40 (+3)
    LAB 28 (+4)
    LD 14 (-5)
    BXP 11 (=)

I suspect the LDs are doing much better than this.
    Who knows.

In 2005 everyone thought they'd win 100 seats after Iraq. In 2010 we had the Cleggasm yet the Libs lost seats in the end...
    The BBC election night coverage since the 50's is on YouTube. If you look at them, one thing stands out: the Libs always undershoot, never exceed expectations. Sometimes they do well, sometimes badly, but always a little bit worse than expected and sometimes much worse.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited November 2019
    moonshine said:

- Labour unlikely to do worse than Brown 2010, when Clegg achieved a historic outperformance for the Libs (Jo not as good).
    - Tory unlikely to do better than May 2017, when there was a historic consolidation by the Big 2 (and no functioning anti EU party to drain their vote share).

All this about 12-16% leads seems fanciful. </p>

Why would Corbyn get as much as Brown? He certainly won't do as well as Brown in Scotland, that's a couple of percentage points right there. He's not going to do as well as Brown in Wales either, that's maybe 1% more?

That's before considering how many voters in England don't want to vote for an antisemite but were happy to vote for Brown.

EDIT: PS even if Tories did no better than 2017 that's >40% possible.
  • Options
    eggegg Posts: 1,749
    HYUFD said:
    To be honest with you HY, the poll numbers seem very credible for where we are right now, but at first glance the seat numbers feel so big a Tory victory. But at second glance that isn’t that great a lab to Tory seat pick up to create that 70 near landslide majority.

But that is if you think of the figures at end of parliament, not the moment we finished the election last time. Those figures changed dramatically during the short parliament. One thing Curtice put his head up and said the moment the election called, we could see a lot more non Tory and Labour MPs returned than historically. Does that seat calculator say Tory win every single seat from defector and whipless wonder?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,271
    BJESUS based on tonights polls (Big John Electoral Services Uniform Swing

JICIPM

CON 375
    LAB 204
    LD 11
    SNP 37
    PC 4
    NI 18
    GRN 1

SNP Gain Dumbartonshire East
    Con Gain Barrow Bassetlaw Bedford Dudley North PenisTown Both Stoke seats Workington
    LD Gain Richmond
  • Options

He knows his voter base

I think it is based on average pay rises in October figures which was 3.9%

Ironic TM was going to abolish the triple lock before Corbyn vetoed it
  • Options
    PaulMPaulM Posts: 613
    HYUFD said:

I doubt Warren' health plans will hit her with Democratic primary voters, with general election voters maybe

For Democratic primary voters whose priority is beating Trump, then having something like that "may hit her with general election voters" is a problem.

In addition, advocating a policy that forces Union members to give up their current hard earned and often generous private health benefits in exchange for Medicare is problematic with Union member Democrats and their families. The UAW just had a huge strike at GM and the one thing they refused to give an inch on was health benefits - they currently have a health plan where they pay 3% of the cost, as opposed to an average employee contribution of 25%+. Biden and Buttegieg will hammer her on that.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,529

justin124 said:

viewcode said:

justin124 said:

There is growing evidence from these polls that Labour is now well clear of the LDs for the first time since April. That makes it easier to push the message 'If you want to stop Johnson , you have to Vote Labour'.

Similarly, there is growing evidence from these polls that Labour is well behind Cons and isn't reducing the lead
    Delta does show a slight fall in the Tory lead from 13% to 12%.
    At the same point in the 2017 campaign , Opinium reported a 17% Tory lead with ORB putting them 11% ahead.
    Look at the leader ratings and now Boris is ahead on the NHS by 6

And do not even think on who is most trusted on brexit

In Scotland I do believe Nicola has made a big mistake because she has united the union vote sgainst her
    G, I do believe you are completely wrong. We will see 13th December.
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    alex. said:

This is going to get very boring if we have another election campaign where the media spend all the time constantly talking about opinion polls. It’s almost as if the worse the pollsters perform election after election, the more the press treat them as definitive guides to public opinion. Madness!

Surely, once all the candidates are announced, the media will switch attention to their social media profile, Facebook and twitter feeds.

If we are going to have 650 TBP candidates, as well as hurried selections by the other parties, there are going to be plenty of nutters who will slip through.

TBP candidate who believed she was an extraterrestrial from Sirius was a very promising start, but there is more fun & games for the media to come.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:
    I know elves had big ears. Because they sent Noddy a ransom note.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Swinson in the debates
    They can’t invite the Lib Dems without inviting the SNP, which the BBC are desperate to avoid.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

Alistair said:

nunu2 said:
    Subsample. They even put in the article that it should be ignored.

SNP 27, Con 24, Lab 21

Pure fanciful bullshit. They should be ashamed of publishing that.

I'm sure HYUFD will be along to take it as gospel in a moment.
    On those figures - which I am not inclined to trust - Labour will gain several seats from the SNP!
    Having checked the 2017 results, Labour would gain 8 seats from the SNP.
    LOL. some desperate people on here.
  • Options

JICIPM

CON 375
    LAB 204
    LD 11
    SNP 37
    PC 4
    NI 18
    GRN 1

Con Gain Barrow Bassetlaw Bedford Dudley North PenisTown Both Stoke seats Workington
    LD Gain Richmond

penistown?

Your not bigging that one up?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Get Layla in for Swinson quick
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 93,571

He knows his voter base

Well yeah. We're going to see even more desperate and cynical moves than usual as even more rides on this GE than most, given Brexit.
    viewcode said:

GIN1138 said:

AndyJS said:

CON 42 (+2)
    LAB 26 (+2)
    LD 16 (+1)
    BXP 9 (-1)

CON 36 (+10)
    LAB 28 (-1)
    LD 14 (+6)
    BXP 12 (-2)

CON 40 (+3)
    LAB 28 (+4)
    LD 14 (-5)
    BXP 11 (=)

Who knows.

In 2005 everyone thought they'd win 100 seats after Iraq. In 2010 we had the Cleggasm yet the Libs lost seats in the end...
    The BBC election night coverage since the 50's is on YouTube. If you look at them, one thing stands out: the Libs always undershoot, never exceed expectations. Sometimes they do well, sometimes badly, but always a little bit worse than expected and sometimes much worse.
    Every time? You'd think we'd learn.
  • Options
    nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453

He knows his voter base

Its politics.
  • Options

Received our first Labour election literature today in Newcastle. Zero mention of Corbyn.

• Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Tweaked my model some, and it's saying SNP majority in the HoC. Think I might have broken something .....
  • Options
    viewcode said:

GIN1138 said:

AndyJS said:

CON 42 (+2)
    LAB 26 (+2)
    LD 16 (+1)
    BXP 9 (-1)

CON 36 (+10)
    LAB 28 (-1)
    LD 14 (+6)
    BXP 12 (-2)

CON 40 (+3)
    LAB 28 (+4)
    LD 14 (-5)
    BXP 11 (=)

Who knows.

A couple of days ago the Lib Dems were hyping a Gain in Ross, Skye and Lochaber. From 4th place and 12% of the vote. They are their own worst enemies.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 61,036
    edited November 2019
    malcolmg said:

justin124 said:

viewcode said:

justin124 said:

There is growing evidence from these polls that Labour is now well clear of the LDs for the first time since April. That makes it easier to push the message 'If you want to stop Johnson , you have to Vote Labour'.

Similarly, there is growing evidence from these polls that Labour is well behind Cons and isn't reducing the lead
    Delta does show a slight fall in the Tory lead from 13% to 12%.
    At the same point in the 2017 campaign , Opinium reported a 17% Tory lead with ORB putting them 11% ahead.
    Look at the leader ratings and now Boris is ahead on the NHS by 6

And do not even think on who is most trusted on brexit

In Scotland I do believe Nicola has made a big mistake because she has united the union vote sgainst her
    G, I do believe you are completely wrong. We will see 13th December.
    I think we may both be satisfied. Some SNP gains but some Scons holds because of the union vote

But of course we will see in December and whatever the result I still have the Scots at the centre of my affections and I will accept it without question.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,228
    egg said:

JICIPM

CON 375
    LAB 204
    LD 11
    SNP 37
    PC 4
    NI 18
    GRN 1

LD Gain Richmond

penistown?

After all it is a General Erection.
  • Options
    felix said:

felix said:

Delta poll

CON 40 (+3)
    LAB 28 (+4)
    LD 14 (-5)
    BXP 11 (=)

Either all of these polls are crap or the Lds are on the slide.
    By my reckoning the Lib Dems have nearly doubled their vote share since 2017.
    Yes but the recent direction of travel is backwards. As you know.
    The LDs have dropped 4-5 points in the last month.

It is worth, however, noting that (outside of party primaries) there's no such thing as momentum. Indeed, the evidence is that a move one month has no impact on the likelihood of seeing another move the next.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Banterman said:

Scott_P said:
    Fits the vote for anyone other than Boris, get the communist Corbyn narrative that Boris wants.
    Lol if the Times is right that the Tories plan to attack Labour for reckless spending...
    Labour does have reckless spending plans. They need to explain how they are going to pay for it all without the same promised tax cuts the Tories are offering.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Alistair said:

The Comres Scottish subsample is (because that is apparently a thing serious newspapers now report on)

SNP 46%
    CON 16%
    LAB 19%
    LD 9%

Stick that in your seat calculator and smoke it

SNP still polling below 2015 levels even then
    almost impossible to poll above 2015 levels, it seems to be your solace every time
  • Options

He knows his voter base

Whats the triple lock say Sept wage growth.

Oh its 3.9%

HE HAS NO CHOICE its the law BigG
  • Options

My take is the polls show a majority for Boris, labour have improved from a low base, the lib dems seem to be falling as well as TBP

And it’s spot on.
  • Options
    Gabs2Gabs2 Posts: 1,268
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

I doubt they are moderate on taxing billionaires more. Even Republican voters seem to like that.
  • Options
    egg said:

JICIPM

CON 375
    LAB 204
    LD 11
    SNP 37
    PC 4
    NI 18
    GRN 1

LD Gain Richmond

penistown?

Penis Town is funny Tinge land FACT
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,260

So tonights polls have leads of 8,8,12,12,16 average lead 11.2%

Or 10% if you ignore the outlier...

Is it too late for a Labour leadership election before polling day?
  • Options

He knows his voter base

Whats the triple lock say Sept wage growth.

Oh its 3.9%

HE HAS NO CHOICE its the law BigG
    Excellent , I will get it in 2021, be good pocket money.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Alistair said:

The Comres Scottish subsample is (because that is apparently a thing serious newspapers now report on)

SNP 46%
    CON 16%
    LAB 19%
    LD 9%

almost impossible to poll above 2015 levels, it seems to be your solace every time
    Looking good for LD CON and LAB gains from SNP😊
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,407

The problem with the glossy Jo Swinson booklet was that the content was really poor. Lots of vague vacuous statements, not grounded in lived experience, or stories that people could relate to. The response to a question about why she was involved in politics mentioned student campaigning she did at university, but the most specific thing referred to is "Body Shop petitions" whatever that means.

I remember the stuff that the Tories sent out in 2010, and it was so much better (even though I strongly disagreed with the politics). So far, and it's *very* early, they look to be missing out on a big opportunity.

The Body Shop organises petitions among its customers - I was responsible for arranging one a few years ago on ending animal testing for cosmetics (which they've now repeated globally and got a million signatures). But while she might have got some reader interest if she'd said what the petitions were about, just mentioning signing namless petitions sounds vacuous.
  • Options
    #GE2019 Polling Update (2nd Nov):

CON: 38.0% (+1.4)
    LAB: 26.0% (+1.5)
    LDM: 16.7% (-1.2)
    BXP: 10.2% (-0.9)
    GRN: 3.4% (-0.6)

Changes w/ 29th Oct. https://t.co/WL4LvRteRR
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Alistair said:

SNP 46%
    CON 16%
    LAB 19%
    LD 9%

2015 was pre the Brexit vote, if the SNP cannot even get over 50% after the Brexit vote and Yes got 45% in 2014 they are still going nowhere.

Though of course a Tory majority Government will block indyref2 until at least the next Holyrood elections anyway
  • Options

JICIPM

CON 375
    LAB 204
    LD 11
    SNP 37
    PC 4
    NI 18
    GRN 1

LD Gain Richmond

It's about right. SuperJo is up the road
  • Options
    egg said:

And it’s spot on.
    It is always good to agree
  • Options

I got them to personalise just for you.
  • Options
    Gabs2 said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

I doubt they are moderate on taxing billionaires more. Even Republican voters seem to like that.
    I’m still doubtful billionaires pay tax.
  • Options

moonshine said:

All this about 12-16% leads seems fanciful. </p>

Why would Corbyn get as much as Brown? He certainly won't do as well as Brown in Scotland, that's a couple of percentage points right there. He's not going to do as well as Brown in Wales either, that's maybe 1% more?

That's before considering how many voters in England don't want to vote for an antisemite but were happy to vote for Brown.

EDIT: PS even if Tories did no better than 2017 that's >40% possible.
    I suppose I’m saying that Corbyn will outperform Brown in England because Swinson will underperform Clegg. And I think Corbyn’s appeal remains better than assumed/polled.

If Boris gets 40% then biscuits and gravy. But I’d have thought he’s being nowhere near as complacent to assume he’s on course for this.

What’s the view on turnout? Worse than 2017? The best money Cummings could spend this campaign sounds like to pay a few people with video cameras to very visibly stand outside the polling booths in places like Canterbury.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Which of the lunatics do you want running the asylum?

Because it wont be a moderate
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

With Sanders and Warren leading New Hampshire and Iowa in most polls now not at the moment
  • Options

egg said:

And it’s spot on.
    It is always good to agree
    And like you, and many of the political commentators, I can’t see much that can really the maths.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Swinson in the debates
    They can’t invite the Lib Dems without inviting the SNP, which the BBC are desperate to avoid.
    There will be at least 1 multiparty leader debate like 2015
  • Options
    Gabs2Gabs2 Posts: 1,268
    egg said:

Gabs2 said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

I feel more confident they would with Warren as President.
  • Options
    PaulM said:

HYUFD said:

For Democratic primary voters whose priority is beating Trump, then having something like that "may hit her with general election voters" is a problem.

In addition, advocating a policy that forces Union members to give up their current hard earned and often generous private health benefits in exchange for Medicare is problematic with Union member Democrats and their families. The UAW just had a huge strike at GM and the one thing they refused to give an inch on was health benefits - they currently have a health plan where they pay 3% of the cost, as opposed to an average employee contribution of 25%+. Biden and Buttegieg will hammer her on that.
    Yes, Trump is still hoping to face Warren
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,252

Pulpstar said:

Layla could give the leadership a bash after Swinson
  • Options
    egg said:

HYUFD said:
    To be honest with you HY, the poll numbers seem very credible for where we are right now, but at first glance the seat numbers feel so big a Tory victory. But at second glance that isn’t that great a lab to Tory seat pick up to create that 70 near landslide majority.

But that is if you think of the figures at end of parliament, not the moment we finished the election last time. Those figures changed dramatically during the short parliament. One thing Curtice put his head up and said the moment the election called, we could see a lot more non Tory and Labour MPs returned than historically. Does that seat calculator say Tory win every single seat from defector and whipless wonder?
    As most of them are in safe seats they should do
  • Options

#GE2019 Polling Update (2nd Nov):

CON: 38.0% (+1.4)
    LAB: 26.0% (+1.5)
    LDM: 16.7% (-1.2)
    BXP: 10.2% (-0.9)
    GRN: 3.4% (-0.6)

Changes w/ 29th Oct. https://t.co/WL4LvRteRR

0.05% swing to Lab!!
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

The LibDems need a slap across the face to wake them up.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Straight answer - Starmer.

Wild card, post-defeat - Jess Phillips
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Labour need to be under 200 seats. They need a serious smashing to get rid of Corbyn and those who think like him ;)
  • Options
    There will be no dementia tax gaffes like last time and a more populist campaign from Boris than May and Boris will do the debates too unlike May.

Plus the Brexit Party will take Labour working class votes in the North, Wales and Midlands and the LDs are doing better in Labour Remain seats
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

There will be no dementia tax gaffes like last time and a more populist campaign from Boris than May and Boris will do the debates too unlike May.

Plus the Brexit Party will take Labour working class votes in the North, Wales and Midlands and the LDs are doing better in Labour Remain seats
    Oh look its this reply again.
  • Options

Floater said:

Will be, Long-Bailey or Pidcock, to the LDs benefit mainly
  • Options
    We know the model then was broken. What happened then and what is being polled are not the same. They have all tweaked their models to some extent.
  • Options

egg said:

JICIPM

CON 375
    LAB 204
    LD 11
    SNP 37
    PC 4
    NI 18
    GRN 1

LD Gain Richmond

penistown?

Penis Town is funny Tinge land FACT
    I think we should get it checked out. It sounds just wrong.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

If Chuka wins Cities of London and Westminster he will likely be next LD leader
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

#SuperLayla
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,709

Leia beat him to it, saying "It's a Trap!" twice to Luke after his arrival in Cloud City!
    I know it's a stretch, but I'm fairly sure Farage does not look like Carrie Fisher... :)
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Floater said:

Remember that the MPs decide who gets on the ballot.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

The LibDems need a slap across the face to wake them up.
    The voters are about to supply that slap. Swinson was a dreadful unforced error.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,297

We know the model then was broken. What happened then and what is being polled are not the same. They have all tweaked their models to some extent.
    That, and opinion actually changed during the campaign.
  • Options
    Gabs2 said:

egg said:

Gabs2 said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

I feel more confident they would with Warren as President.
    If Warren were President and Johnson PM then yes I'm very confident we'd get more billionaires paying tax in the UK - and Ireland would too.
  • Options
    Latest poll says CON gain Durham NW. Cheerio Pidcock!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Copy and paste king. Solid for the next 5 weeks.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

If Layla was leader now I dont think they would have knee jerked Revoke and could see them taking many LAB and CON seats.

Its wipeout under Tory Swinson
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

#SuperLayla
    A laylapede? Morangasm?

I can’t keep up. It all too volatile. Jo started the evening storming it.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    RobD said:

That, and opinion actually changed during the campaign.
    Yes and there won't be unforced errors like removing winter fuel allowance etc etc etc. May's 2017 campaign was the worst ever by a Tory leader.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,297
    Ave_it said:

You are getting me all excited, Ave_it. :)
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

He won't.

Nobody likes a hypocrite and splitter
  • Options
    egg said:

Ave_it said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

#SuperLayla
    A laylapede? Morangasm?

I can’t keep up. It all too volatile. Jo started the evening storming it.
    Unbelievable. Looks like SNP might gain seats now. Earlier today I told malcolmg that LD would cream SNP!
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Foxy said:

Mayor Pete polling in the last 3 national polls at 2%, 4% and 8%, with Warren at 3 times that score:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-primaries/democratic/national/

The only polling that is close is the Iowa ones, but there Warren is polling better. In the other early contests Buttigeig is not in the running.

Warren certainly has detailed plans and policies vulnerable to fisking, while Buttigeig specialises in vague waffle, but how long is that sustainable?

The latest New Hampshire poll has him in double digits. He's got the big mo.
    S Carolina is his problem. But it will be a nice problem to have if he wins in Iowa.
    Indeed.

I see Buttigieg and Warren as being roughly 45% shots apiece for Iowa. Buttigieg absolutely has to win it. Warren, so long as she's a good second, can afford to lose.

The really interesting question is what happens if Biden places third or worse in both Iowa and New Hampshire. His selling point is that he's a winner. And I think if you take that away, there's not much there.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Floater said:

It will be Long Bailey. Pidcock interests me, there’s something there.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

If Layla was leader now I dont think they would have knee jerked Revoke and could see them taking many LAB and CON seats.

Its wipeout under Tory Swinson
    Looks like it's LAB hold Sheffield Hallam!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,252
    Anyway I've stuck £200 on Labour this evening. £50 on Miliband 1-2 to hold £50 Barnsley Central 2-7 and £100 vote share match bet Vs Lib Dems 1-4
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    egg said:

HYUFD said:

Floater said:

It will be Long Bailey. Pidcock interests me, there’s something there.
    And, not to LD benefit if Tory support crashes and burns before 2025 election. Which can’t be ruled out.

Incidentally, with a Dec 12 election, what’s the latest it can be held, five years on top is right on Christmas again 🥳.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Ave_it said:

It's going to be very close there IMO.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 93,571
    edited November 2019
    #notgoingtobethesamethistime etc etc

But its still incredible that some are writing Labour off as though such a recovery is definitely impossible. It doesn't even need to be the same level of recovery as last time. The debate might even be a critical moment, if up to then not much Labour cutting the gap, or the reverse, to see if BoJo and JerCo can step up.
  • Options
    No i have that as a LD Gain TBF

Lose Norfolk North and Eastbourne in a terrible night for Tory Swinson
  • Options
    RobD said:

Ave_it said:

You are getting me all excited, Ave_it. :)
    That’s Ave it for you. Doing his thing. 😜
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

He won't.

Chuka seems a nice lad. He doesn’t strike me as a leader. Depends if the Lib Dem’s are happy to sit around talking to themselves in a nice and pleasant way, or want to become the second party post Corbyn. Equally I am mystified why anyone thinks the quite peculiar seeming Layla Moran would be fairing better than Swinson.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 68,382
    PagetVC said:
    Good grief, what an awesomely unflattering picture that is, it’s worse than the infamous bacon sarnie they slapped Miliband with.

BTW, I am disappointed that nobody has attempted to sound the Scottish Labour surge KLAXON!
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Floater said:

And it has to be a choice of two ie a moderate and a Corbynista, plus thanks to Momentum selections Labour MPs 0are more Corbynista than 2015 too
  • Options
    edited November 2019

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

He won't.

They do like a winner and if he gains a seat on a huge swing he will be that
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Floater said:

There will still be Labour MPs after this?
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    The squeeze of the Lib Dem vote has already started . They’ll be doing well to get 10% to 12% of the vote in the GE.

• Options
    PaulMPaulM Posts: 613
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Foxy said:

Mayor Pete polling in the last 3 national polls at 2%, 4% and 8%, with Warren at 3 times that score:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-primaries/democratic/national/

The only polling that is close is the Iowa ones, but there Warren is polling better. In the other early contests Buttigeig is not in the running.

Warren certainly has detailed plans and policies vulnerable to fisking, while Buttigeig specialises in vague waffle, but how long is that sustainable?

The latest New Hampshire poll has him in double digits. He's got the big mo.
    S Carolina is his problem. But it will be a nice problem to have if he wins in Iowa.
    Indeed.

I see Buttigieg and Warren as being roughly 45% shots apiece for Iowa. Buttigieg absolutely has to win it. Warren, so long as she's a good second, can afford to lose.

The really interesting question is what happens if Biden places third or worse in both Iowa and New Hampshire. His selling point is that he's a winner. And I think if you take that away, there's not much there.
    Especially if Booker and Harris had already run out of funds and pulled out.
This discussion has been closed.