Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » “Honouring” the referendum should apply to not just to the out

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,264
    edited October 2019
    viewcode said:

TGOHF2 said:

viewcode said:

I'm stuck in work and with the firm's filter and news paywalls I'm stuck. What is a good free source on news, specifically the DUP meeting in Downing Street? Laura Ks Twitter is not much help and Bloomberg, Reuters and Reuters UK aren't great.

Nobody knows - it’s a tunnel.

But remember- Boris ain’t May.
    Thank you for the response. I was however hoping for an answer... :(
    Twitter from journos, commentators is faster at this stage I think.

e.g.

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1184165465490370562

By the time they write something up for the paywall, the caravan has moved on.

btw Guardian is free.

Anyway my impression is every journo is grabbing dinner before an all nighter.

V v quiet.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,300
    edited October 2019
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nico67 said:

Scott_P said:
    Great news , it’s much easier to do customs checks that way and then people in Ireland and NI won’t notice much difference .

At the same time the DUP can go fuck themselves . What’s not to like !
    Life could be a bit difficult in Holyhead.
    I doubt life's ever easy in Holyhead. It's a bit of a grim place.
    It used to be one of the few places in GB that you had ‘real’ Guinness but south stack is dramatic. Apparently there have been no preparations in Holyhead for a border in the Irish Sea.
    There are however ample places nearby where temporary carparks could be built very quickly. Just reopening the car parks on Anglesey Aluminium’s old site would probably do it.
  • Options
    ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503
    edited October 2019
    Diese Diskussion ist vorbei
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

nico67 said:

It maybe a turd but its Bozos turd!

It's so SHINY !!!

https://twitter.com/hwallop/status/1179818568193658880
    Think I'll give the titanium dioxide a miss.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,017

McDonnell would win?

That must be incredibly tempting for him. But then there is the woman leader issue.

McD is a very impressive figure. It’s a shame he is on the far left - his talents are wasted there!!
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

The difference between 47% targeting Muslims and 18% targeting Jews is interesting when you compare to their relative proportion of the UK population, which was 4.4% and 0.4% respectively in the 2011 census. This means that Jews are more than four times as likely to be the target of religious hate crime than Muslims, when you correct for their relative population - something missed by the superficial BBC report (or my superficial listening to it while I washed the dishes).

Good point.

As I may have ranted said before the media are hopeless with numbers, and rarely adjust for growth and population, or talk about statistical significance. As a consequence many stories that are reported each week are meaningless or even misleading.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

ydoethur said:

.So if this is true, Boris Johnson is proposing a less good deal than that of May, which splits the UK internally...

...and the ERG lap it up?

What a bunch of third rate morons. Like Corbyn only a bit poorer.

The difference is that there's a FTA at the end of it where-as May wanted to keep as closely aligned as possible.
    All he has done is go back to an earlier version of the deal more on the EU’s terms. Nothing more. This is not progress nor will it lead to an FTA at the end if May’s deal would not.
  • Options
    TGOHF2TGOHF2 Posts: 584
    AndyJS said:

"British family detained after 'accidentally' crossing the US border
    The family claim they have been mistreated in detention and have been subjected to "frigid" temperatures.

A British family have been detained after they accidentally crossed into the US while trying to avoid hitting an animal on the road.
    David Connors, 30, his wife Eileen, 24, and their three-month-old son claim they took a wrong turn as they were driving across the US-Canada border near Vancouver during a family holiday on 3 October."

https://news.sky.com/story/british-family-detained-after-accidentally-crossing-the-us-border-11836492

More to come on this one I suspect..
  • Options

McDonnell would win?

That must be incredibly tempting for him. But then there is the woman leader issue.

McD is a very impressive figure. It’s a shame he is on the far left - his talents are wasted there!!
    He’s also completely crazy, has an even grimmer record of supporting murderers, criminals etc than Corbyn, nearer seventy than sixty and has a serious heart condition.

Surely Labour would not make him leader?
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483

McDonnell would win?

Totally agree he is calm articulate and sounds reasonable but as you say a shame to be on the far left.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

McDonnell would win?

He’s also completely crazy, has an even grimmer record of supporting murderers, criminals etc than Corbyn, nearer seventy than sixty and has a serious heart condition.

We keep being told that next time it has to be a woman.

So, yes, he probably will be elected in Spring 2020.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,826
    ydoethur said:

GIN1138 said:

ydoethur said:

.So if this is true, Boris Johnson is proposing a less good deal than that of May, which splits the UK internally...

...and the ERG lap it up?

What a bunch of third rate morons. Like Corbyn only a bit poorer.

The difference is that there's a FTA at the end of it where-as May wanted to keep as closely aligned as possible.
    All he has done is go back to an earlier version of the deal more on the EU’s terms. Nothing more. This is not progress nor will it lead to an FTA at the end if May’s deal would not.
    I don't think it's that May's deal couldn't lead to an FTA at the end it's more that the ERG believed she (and Hammond) were never interested in an FTA.
  • Options
    TGOHF2 said:

AndyJS said:

The family claim they have been mistreated in detention and have been subjected to "frigid" temperatures.

A British family have been detained after they accidentally crossed into the US while trying to avoid hitting an animal on the road.
    David Connors, 30, his wife Eileen, 24, and their three-month-old son claim they took a wrong turn as they were driving across the US-Canada border near Vancouver during a family holiday on 3 October."

https://news.sky.com/story/british-family-detained-after-accidentally-crossing-the-us-border-11836492

More to come on this one I suspect..
    It’s not possible, as I understand it, to just drive across the North American Border without passing a checkpoint. You can walk across the border illegally (although you’d have to cross a 20ft wide border strip in woodland areas) but driving, not that I can see. So, I don’t understand this story. Details missing I think.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

McDonnell would win?

I would hope not.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    Gone very quiet the last few hours . Always a sign that a deal is close .
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Easy to do from Vancouver but a real warning to take care near the border.

When we visit our son and daughter in law in Vancouver we steer well clear of the Canadian-US border
    It’s not easy to drive illegally across the border. Did they drive off-road into the United States?

P.S. None of this excuses their alleged treatment, which seems excessive especially given infants are involved.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873

ydoethur said:

McDonnell would win?

I would hope not.
    McD will not win. Laura P it is
  • Options

ydoethur said:

McDonnell would win?

I would hope not.
    I wasn't a\ware there was a vacancy BJO? Jezza's not going to "depart" is he? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    nico67 said:

Gone very quiet the last few hours . Always a sign that a deal is close .

I hope you are right.

But, we’ve heard this and similar innumerable times over the last few months.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

McDonnell would win?

I would hope not.
    A dire choice. RLB would be a much better pick from the left.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1184196030172143621

BoZo has told Arlene about his sea border idea...
  • Options

ydoethur said:

McDonnell would win?

I would hope not.
    She is the other front runner
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Scott_P said:
    Point of order M'lud. Theresa May was never anythuing to do with "LEAVE"

However I will say if Gove hadn't knifed Boris in 2016 we'd have been out of the EU no later than 2018 and we'd have saved ourselves a lot of angst and division.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Oh to have been a fly on the wall... ;)
  • Options
  • Options
    Of course we'll be out. Just Cummings preparing for all eventualities. ;)
  • Options

ydoethur said:

McDonnell would win?

I would hope not.
    Becky Bibbly-Bobbly is terrible
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    What horrendous 'bantz' Fleming has
  • Options

ydoethur said:

McDonnell would win?

I would hope not.
    Becky Bibbly-Bobbly is terrible
    Flob eeeerrr Lob Jester is worse
This discussion has been closed.