Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Mandate, what mandate?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,754

kinabalu said:

Surgical Corbyn at PMQs. He can be impressive, no question.

Totally misjudged the occasion
    Whereas I imagine her signing off by telling him to resign was perfectly classy?
    He set the tone
    Two wrongs make a right?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,298
    HYUFD said:

Claim to fame, a Cybernat on Twitter has just added me to the group 'UKIP Brextwats and fools'

You need to remember David Cameron's observation about 'twitter'
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006

Flanner said:

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40
    Axis of Evil: 315
    Coalition of the Willing: 328

Corbyn minority government.

And Flavible is even worse, as it assumes BXP seat wins are limited, and that Lib Dems do better.
    Why would the LibDems and SNP support such a disastrously performing Labour party UNLESS it junked Corbyn?

Whether the "only if you get yourselves a leader we can trust" debate happens before or after the election: there's not the remotest possibility Sturgeon and Swinson would provide any comfort to Corbyn.

And the more anti-Swinson bile Corbyn's minions pour out now, the likelier she's going to be to stick to her position
    Two policies.

1. A referendum on Brexit
    2. A referendum on (proper) PR
    3. A Green policy.
    That isnt based on doomsday cult hysteria. I think we already have one.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,970

I predicted upthread no “Swinson bounce” but perhaps I was wrong.

Although, this seems less pro Swinson and more anti Johnson.

How do you work that out?
    No drop in Tory support under Boris (no increase either) and a 3% increase for LibDems under Swinson.
    It is rare for the LDs to get publicity. Leading the news with a fresh, energetic leader gives you a bounce.
    Wall-to-wall coverage of Boris, much of it slavishly positive in the Press, seems to have had no impact.
    Maybe the problem wasn't TM after all.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,848

No drop in Tory support under Boris (no increase either) and a 3% increase for LibDems under Swinson.

I’m just speculating.
    This is margin of error really, and we need to see more polls, but I believe

1. Boris is attracting some voters from BXP
    2. Boris is repelling some voters toward LDs

I am hypothesising a “Boris effect” rather than a “Swinson bounce”, although perhaps the distinction is academic.
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,229
    So are we expecting that Hunt and Boris haven't reached an agreement? Hunt, Hammond, Gauke, Stewart - a list of big names on the back benches quite happy to hex Boris. Especially if we see some of the ERG leading loons getting plush jobs.

I think that is why Laura K was so bouncy on the BBC - she knows its going to make her job a lot of fun
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006

HYUFD said:

The only way to unite the Tory and Brexit Party vote is in opposition. Perhaps the best long term strategy if that’s the coalition you want to create is to call an election and lose it.

The only way to largely unite it is for the Tories to deliver Brexit in Government or commit to deliver it and go into opposition if diehard Remainer MPs refuse to agree
    You won’t get a thank you note from Brexit supporters for delivering Brexit.
    Not it seems as much as they would have. I think six months ago any kind of brexit would have passed muster. Now not so. Farage is a player and he's offering purity.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

justin124 said:

Sandpit said:

geoffw said:

If Boris is VoNC'ed and no alternative government put together within a fortnight,
    " .. the last day for tabling of a vote of no confidence to guarantee a change of Government through an election is today, not September 3rd, and the Leader of the Opposition’s dithering has virtually guaranteed that this cannot be used"

https://www.conservativehome.com/platform/2019/07/chris-white-what-will-the-new-prime-ministers-parliamentary-options-be-on-brexit.html

Yep, any attempt by rebel Tories or Labour to force a GE or VoNC has to happen immediately. Any attempt to prove that Boris didn’t have a majority at all is probably too late already, that should have been done yesterday.

It’s now a game of chicken with the EU up to October 31st - either they change the WA or it’s no deal.
    The article does not consider the possibility that having passed a VNOC in September that the Commons might instal an alternative PM - probably Corbyn - in the 14 day period which followed.
    Seems Jezza may have done it again. Found a way of dithering sufficiently to allow Seamus's desperately wanted Tory No Deal.

Although to be fair if he called for VoNC today or tomorrow he would almost certainly lose because the rebel tories are not ready to kill their new government until September.

The article also does not note that the 5 weeks campaign for GE could be shortened.
    The FTPA stipulates 25 working days between Dissolution and Polling Day.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989
    AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40
    Adding the latest YouGov to the EMA gives

Con 24.2%
    Lab 23.8%
    LD 18.8%
    BXP 19.6%
    Grn 7.0%

Con 220
    Lab 240
    LD 61
    BXP 55
    Grn 1
    PC 3
    SNP 52
    NI 18

LDs gain 7 from Lab and 42 from Con
    BXP gain 18 from Lab and 37 from Con

Con are being eaten from both ends by LD and BXP, and have fewer seats than Lab in spite of having a slightly higher share.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,225
    HYUFD said:

The only way to largely unite it is for the Tories to deliver Brexit in Government or commit to deliver it and go into opposition if diehard Remainer MPs refuse to agree

You now think the Cons would LOSE a crisis Brexit election?

I thought Johnson was bringing a sunny sense of optimism and 'can do' ??
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited July 2019
    With Raab hinted at as foreign sec, it could be that the European source in the tweet below is right that the point of Cummings is probably purely election campaigning and discipline, not any form of negotiation.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    I'd not put it the same way and would back remain now, but it is pretty shameless to pretend it is about democracy and final says and then essentially admit that is marketing only. If the issue is they wont ever stop trying to prevent brexit fine, but if that means ignoring public votes that go the wrong way just say so from the start, dont pretend a final say is final if it gives the wrong answer
  • Options
    Raab as FS is a giant FU to the EU.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,008
    Barnesian said:

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40

Con 24.2%
    Lab 23.8%
    LD 18.8%
    BXP 19.6%
    Grn 7.0%

Con 220
    Lab 240
    LD 61
    BXP 55
    Grn 1
    PC 3
    SNP 52
    NI 18

Con are being eaten from both ends by LD and BXP, and have fewer seats than Lab in spite of having a slightly higher share.
    Out of date.

Even Yougov today has the Tories winning back Brexit Party voters.

It us Labour now being eaten alive by the LDs and Brexit Party with Yougov today and heading for their worst number of seats since 1935 and lowest voteshare since 1910
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,974

Pulpstar said:

Javid allies giving it the old "confident" sign

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1153779701959352320

So likely that two of the 'great offices of state' held by an ethnic minority individual.

Of course for some of the left they are 'the wrong sort of ethnic minorities'...
    The issue is they are duffers
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,309
    Excellent question by Swinson!!
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038

Flanner said:

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40
    Axis of Evil: 315
    Coalition of the Willing: 328

Corbyn minority government.

And Flavible is even worse, as it assumes BXP seat wins are limited, and that Lib Dems do better.
    Why would the LibDems and SNP support such a disastrously performing Labour party UNLESS it junked Corbyn?

Whether the "only if you get yourselves a leader we can trust" debate happens before or after the election: there's not the remotest possibility Sturgeon and Swinson would provide any comfort to Corbyn.

And the more anti-Swinson bile Corbyn's minions pour out now, the likelier she's going to be to stick to her position
    Two policies.

1. A referendum on Brexit
    2. A referendum on (proper) PR
    3. A Green policy.
    Combine 1 & 2 on the ballot paper and put a line between the two topics, i.e.

EU -
    Stay in or
    Leave on terms to be specified
    _________

STV
    AM
    another
    or
    continue with FPTP.

I doubt that people like unnecessary visits to the polling station.

I suppose as a refinement the vote for or against PR could itself use STV or AV...
  • Options

HYUFD said:

The only way to unite the Tory and Brexit Party vote is in opposition. Perhaps the best long term strategy if that’s the coalition you want to create is to call an election and lose it.

Not the diehards but the Tories can win a majority with the Brexit Party down to 10 to 12% ie UKIP 2015 levels.

The Tories cannot win a majority with the Brexit Party on 15 to 20%+ as now
  • Options
    And even better response from May about women leaders.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

Not if they have delivered Brexit but of course they could lose power without an election if diehard Remainers unite to stop Brexit with a caretaker diehard Remainer PM
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,616
    Priti as Home Sec. LOL

When will she bring back the ducking stool and trial by fire?
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

Not if they have delivered Brexit but of course they could lose power without an election if diehard Remainers unite to stop Brexit with a caretaker diehard Remainer PM
    Surely it depends on if they have delivered the ‘wrong kind’ of Brexit?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited July 2019
    During PMQs England have gone from 42/3 to 69/9 so far.
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40
    Disastrous poll for Labour, would be the worst Labour election result since 1935 in terms of seats and since 1910 in terms of voteshare.

Good poll for the LDs as they overtake Labour for second on votes. Tories still ahead as largest party but Boris still needs to squeeze the Brexit Party vote by delivering Brexit
    I always enjoy your posts HYUFD, but you wouldn't have enjoyed the chat I had with a local florist this morning. She's switched from the Brexit Party to the Lib Dems. Her reason was Boris.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    A man who plotted a terrorist attack involving the use of a bomb inside a remotely controlled vehicle has been jailed for 15 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/24/man-jailed-farhad-salah-driverless-car-bomb-plot-uk
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40
    Bloody hell. Have you seen the names who would fall with that on Baxter?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Not the diehards but the Tories can win a majority with the Brexit Party down to 10 to 12% ie UKIP 2015 levels.

The Tories cannot win a majority with the Brexit Party on 15 to 20%+ as now
    Why, given that you are a diehard Remainer do you insist on such language?
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40
    Bloody hell. Have you seen the names who would fall with that on Baxter?
    Yup. Then imagine the kind of incoming BXP morons who would replace them...
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    England setting themselves up for a defeat by Ireland in The Test Match. 9 wickets down.
  • Options
    TM is head and shoulders above so many politicians
  • Options

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40
    Disastrous poll for Labour, would be the worst Labour election result since 1935 in terms of seats and since 1910 in terms of voteshare.

Good poll for the LDs as they overtake Labour for second on votes. Tories still ahead as largest party but Boris still needs to squeeze the Brexit Party vote by delivering Brexit
    I always enjoy your posts HYUFD, but you wouldn't have enjoyed the chat I had with a local florist this morning. She's switched from the Brexit Party to the Lib Dems. Her reason was Boris.
    Well good for her but I would suggest she will be about the only Brexit Party to LD switcher in the country, certainly at national level
  • Options
    Clapping is out of order in the House of Commons. As usual Bercow doesn't enforce the traditions of the place.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

Surely it depends on if they have delivered the ‘wrong kind’ of Brexit?
    The Brexit Party will still get 5 to 10% regardless ie around UKIP 2015 levels but the Tories can still win a majority despite that
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Trump is having a right go at Mueller this morning on Twitter. For an innocent man he sure does seem worried.
  • Options

Well the LD Leadership election seems to have gone well.

Personally I'd have gone for Davey but maybe theyre right and I'm wrong. Guess they'd be happy with a 3 point uplift.

You will be proven right Peter, once the donkey gets into it , it will be obvious Davey was better option.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    She is doing this rather well. Nothing in her life became her like the leaving of it kinda thing.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989
    HYUFD said:

Barnesian said:

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40

Con 24.2%
    Lab 23.8%
    LD 18.8%
    BXP 19.6%
    Grn 7.0%

Con 220
    Lab 240
    LD 61
    BXP 55
    Grn 1
    PC 3
    SNP 52
    NI 18

Out of date.

It is Labour now being eaten alive by the LDs and Brexit Party with Yougov today and heading for their worst number of seats since 1935 and lowest voteshare since 1910
    It is just one poll. There will be others. The polls bounce around but there is an underlying trend that the EMA picks out. I agree that the trend is that the Tories are winning back some BXP voters but not enough.
  • Options
    May departs the Commons to a standing ovation from her own side and a few on the opposition benches too after her last PMQs
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Claim to fame, a Cybernat on Twitter has just added me to the group 'UKIP Brextwats and fools'

They got that one right
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Clapping is out of order in the House of Commons. As usual Bercow doesn't enforce the traditions of the place.

You do not seem to have any sense of proportion
  • Options
    edited July 2019

AndyJS said:

I disagree with you. Don't you care about traditions in places like the House of Commons?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,618
    glw said:

Trump is having a right go at Mueller this morning on Twitter. For an innocent man he sure does seem worried.

He changed his mind on Mueller having 'totally exonerated' him, then ?
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    The England Cricket Team would like to apologise to all those people who thought that they were a great side.

https://twitter.com/Aggerscricket/status/1154000404004446208
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,618
    Nice little cameo from their No.9 accounts for nearly a quarter of England's runs.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Nigelb said:

glw said:

He changed his mind on Mueller having 'totally exonerated' him, then ?
    America Trump wants to know why Mueller hasn't investigated everybody else, including Mueller himself.
  • Options
    May was a failure.
    Much of this was her own fault.

However a large part of her failure was Boris’s ongoing attempts to undermine her and replace her, with the connivance of the ERG, Lynton Crosby, and various elements in the press notably the Telegraph.

Trying to think of the last PM who came to power in such circumstances. Gordon possibily, but even Gordon waited until the fag end of Blair rule.
  • Options
    Has Philip Hammond resigned yet, or is he the Charlie Falconer de nos jours?
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,462
    AndyJS said:

To be fair it has become a bit of a tradition for a Prime Ministers final PMQs after Michael Martin allowed it for Blair
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897
    85! What the....?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Well the LD Leadership election seems to have gone well.

Personally I'd have gone for Davey but maybe theyre right and I'm wrong. Guess they'd be happy with a 3 point uplift.

You will be proven right Peter, once the donkey gets into it , it will be obvious Davey was better option.
    I suspect you of sexism, since you provide no evidence for this at all except some intemperate swipes.

Are you a LibDem member?

Jo Swinson is great. I've spoken to some people in the last 24 hrs who are not LibDems who say they really like her.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,304
    dr_spyn said:

The England Cricket Team would like to apologise to all those people who thought that they were a great side.

https://twitter.com/Aggerscricket/status/1154000404004446208

These weird things happen in cricket. Ireland once bowled out a West Indies side full of legends for 25:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7kIpRKqfCE
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

It is generally accepted that the convention of not clapping is not universal eg for major occasions. I find those who regularly flout the convention because they think it makes a rebellious statement lame on the extreme but it has never been followed all the time.

I dont have my Erskine May in front of me but I dont know that you are right that it is explicitly out of order to clap. I think there is a general rule on not making noise and causing disturbance and that generally clapping would indeed be unacceptable on that basid but that it is up to the chairs judgement on whether to intervene.

So I'd lighten up.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Oh yawn. Traditions are there to be updated. Clapping is just fine.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    AndyJS said:

AndyJS said:

I disagree with you. Don't you care about traditions in places like the House of Commons?
    A standing ovation for a PM's final PMQs is now a tradition in the House of Commons though. A relatively new tradition but it is a tradition now nonetheless.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

AndyJS said:

A standing ovation for a PM's final PMQs is now a tradition in the House of Commons though. A relatively new tradition but it is a tradition now nonetheless.
    Well I think it's wrong.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40

Well good for her but I would suggest she will be about the only Brexit Party to LD switcher in the country, certainly at national level
    One of the people I spoke to this morning said she likes Boris but is really impressed with the LibDems and Jo Swinson.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,981
    Barnesian said:

HYUFD said:

Barnesian said:

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40

Con 24.2%
    Lab 23.8%
    LD 18.8%
    BXP 19.6%
    Grn 7.0%

Con 220
    Lab 240
    LD 61
    BXP 55
    Grn 1
    PC 3
    SNP 52
    NI 18

Out of date.

It is Labour now being eaten alive by the LDs and Brexit Party with Yougov today and heading for their worst number of seats since 1935 and lowest voteshare since 1910
    It is just one poll. There will be others. The polls bounce around but there is an underlying trend that the EMA picks out. I agree that the trend is that the Tories are winning back some BXP voters but not enough.
    And how many transfers to the Lib Dems are being lost at the same time...

Now I know that HYUFD won't care about those voters but chances are they are a permanent lose while Brexiters are probably only temporary returners...
  • Options

Priti as Home Sec. LOL

When will she bring back the ducking stool and trial by fire?

She's anti gay marriage amongst a host of other thoroughly nasty, obnoxious, traits.

This is beyond yuck.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,433
    kinabalu said:

Scott_P said:
    TAKE BACK CONTROL was good though.

Right up there with PICK UP A PENGUIN.
    No it wasn't. It probably lost them tens of thousands of votes. It was so inept the conspiracy theorist in me wondered if it was deliberately so. As did much of what the terrible Vote Leave campaign did.
  • Options

kinabalu said:

Scott_P said:

No it wasn't. It probably lost them tens of thousands of votes. It was so inept the conspiracy theorist in me wondered if it was deliberately so. As did much of what the terrible Vote Leave campaign did.
    Sorry but as a Remainer I not only think you're wrong on that, the evidence suggests you are. Take Back Control was brilliant on so many levels and helped them to win.
  • Options
    TAKE BACK CONTROL was brilliant.
    Appeals directly to the middle-aged, red faced, and paunchy who no longer have the pulling power of their youth and are enraged by it.
  • Options

TM is head and shoulders above so many politicians

G , pity the bar is set lower than a rattlesnakes belly though
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Inexplicable duplicate.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,225

But I bet you're one of those who didn't appreciate the power of "Pick Up A Penguin!" either.

Me, I judge on results -

Leave won. Penguins flew off the shelf. QED.
  • Options

kinabalu said:

Scott_P said:

Sorry but as a Remainer I not only think you're wrong on that, the evidence suggests you are. Take Back Control was brilliant on so many levels and helped them to win.
    No it doesn't.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,307
    Boris' reign is not exactly off to a flying start is it? May won the CWC!
  • Options
    kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

It is generally accepted that the convention of not clapping is not universal eg for major occasions. I find those who regularly flout the convention because they think it makes a rebellious statement lame on the extreme but it has never been followed all the time.

I dont have my Erskine May in front of me but I dont know that you are right that it is explicitly out of order to clap. I think there is a general rule on not making noise and causing disturbance and that generally clapping would indeed be unacceptable on that basid but that it is up to the chairs judgement on whether to intervene.

So I'd lighten up.
    If they were as good at their jobs as following archaic rituals we would not be in such a mess, performing seals should be in the circus
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40

One of the people I spoke to this morning said she likes Boris but is really impressed with the LibDems and Jo Swinson.
    fools are easily pleased
  • Options
    Harris_TweedHarris_Tweed Posts: 1,300
    Ishmael_Z said:

Has Philip Hammond resigned yet, or is he the Charlie Falconer de nos jours?

https://twitter.com/Torcuil/status/1154007345523040257?s=20
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897
    Hammond resigns, and avoids Osborne’s bundling out of the back door of No.11
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

AndyJS said:

I do care about common decency
  • Options

TAKE BACK CONTROL was brilliant.
    Appeals directly to the middle-aged, red faced, and paunchy who no longer have the pulling power of their youth and are enraged by it.

So in other words preaching to the converted.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,770
    This thread has done an England Test Batting performance
  • Options
    StreeterStreeter Posts: 684
    malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40

fools are easily pleased
    Fools’ votes count just the same as everyone else’s.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

But I bet you're one of those who didn't appreciate the power of "Pick Up A Penguin!" either.

Me, I judge on results -

Leave won. Penguins flew off the shelf. QED.
    One side had to win.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    That useless twonk, Corbyn, is asking us all to join in a rally tomorrow asking for .....drum roll ..... a General Election.

Why the fuck doesn’t he just table a VoNC?

If Boris did go for a GE, I don’t even think he would demand an extension of Art. 50 as the price for it.
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Baxter:

Con 258
    Lab 188
    LD 96
    BRX 46
    Green 1
    SNP 40

There are plenty of people whose vote choice is totally illogical. And even more who go with how it all feels rather than what strictly makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if there are several million people who are both annoyed that the promised Brexit hasn't been delivered and also will punish whoever delivers it for the downsides it brings. I know your bring on Boris, blugeon through Brexit, bathe in glory strategy is a perfectly logical one and the polls seem to give it credence. I just don't think people will go along with it.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:
    And I told him he was talking wishfully about what he wants rather than what we have
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    edited July 2019
    David Lidington resigns and looks forward to not having to adhere to cabinet collective responsibility !
  • Options
    franklynfranklyn Posts: 297
    A very brave a typically thoughtful post from Richard Nabavi. The thing that most appals me is the sound of members of the Tory party announcing that we have to brexit at all costs or it will be the end of the Conservative party...no mention of what happens to the 99% of us who aren't members of the Conservative party .
    And just to clarify, I am an ex member and sometime candidate
This discussion has been closed.