Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Very shortly the credibility of so many Tory leavers could be

Comments

• Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    kle4 said:

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1112359561640308737

This has generated quite the thread on Twitter, though I am not sure that anything has actually happened that is out of the ordinary. At least not yet.

That 10% threshold looks way too low given the size of many associations. These aren't Labour constituency parties, 10% is not a high number to reach!
    That's right. Though I imagine that association is above average size, and that therefore the 11 people signing the letter still have to recruit some more malcontents.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    edited March 2019
    So a cabinet minister supporting a deal to leave the EU and not wanting a no deal which could harm his constituents is now being classed as betraying the country.

The Tory Party Membership is being taken over by lunatics and it’s becoming a witch hunt.

Unless you’re a no deal nutjob your public enemy number one .
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,647
    Scott_P said:
    Not listening to Rogers was May's first major mistake.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    The Checkatrade cup final could not have gone any better. Sunderland losing on penalties for peak banter.

Can’t wait for work tomorrow.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,069
    Foxy said:

Not listening to Rogers was May's first major mistake.

https://twitter.com/PropertySpot/status/1112304391615332352
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,008
    edited March 2019
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Surprisingly Deltapoll has Tory voters backing Deal plus Customs Union by 40% to 27% which is actually more than the percentage of Labour voters who back it which is 35% to 31% opposed.

In fact the poll has permanent Customs Union the only Brexit option other than No Deal Brexit more Tory voters support than oppose

http://www.deltapoll.co.uk/polls/brexit-conservatives

I'm not convinced polling on various options is of more than middling use and as a general indicator of strength of feeling. I'm a political obsessive and even I struggle to remember all the fine detail of various options.

I think if the Tory MPs were finely balanced then a poll showing certain options were broadly acceptable to their supporters even if blatantly against obvious referendum concerns, would have an impact.

But in a world where so many Tory MPs are no deal backers? I don't think things are finely balanced enough.
    Maybe not but it could be enough to get a Commons majority, Deal plus Customs Union is the only think more Tory and Labour voters support than oppose.
    Except, aren't Labour now saying anything they agree must be put to a referendum(to enable remain)? Presumably that might hit support for a CU a bit.

From my point of view it came the closest to winning last time, albeit with abstentions, and at this point the least unpopular option would be acceptable. I'd hope that would not be a GE, but I'm pessimistic about that - CU is one of those options that seems like it would definitely lead to one.
    Maybe but on those figures Deal plus Customs Union would win a referendum too.

The fact is it is also very close to May's Deal and Corbyn's Brexit policy if they shut up about party politics for once they could both agree it as a compromise and take a plurality of their voters with them, GE or no GE
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,110
    I hope you'll all be as moved as I was.

https://twitter.com/MhairiMcF/status/1112389540533227520
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,229
    nico67 said:

So a cabinet minister supporting a deal to leave the EU and not wanting a no deal which could harm his constituents is now being classed as betraying the country.

The Tory Party Membership is being taken over by lunatics and it’s becoming a witch hunt.

Unless you’re a no deal nutjob your public enemy number one .

Blue Momentum is clearly on the march.

Two main parties will be extreme loony camps by the end of all this.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,157
    Noting that countries that have been without governments in recent years – Belgium and Spain come to mind – have managed ok, and since our parliament and government is the problem here, how about they dissolve or suspend themselves for the duration?
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    Have the TIG/Change mob changed their name yet, or are they digging in for a fight with a petition site?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,770

That depends in which way you were moved.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    According to the Guardian May wants to delay a Leadership election until October! How likely are Tory MPs to agree to that?
  • Options

Have the TIG/Change mob changed their name yet, or are they digging in for a fight with a petition site?

I don't believe the paperwork has been fully processed yet.

I don't see the issue myself. There is not a major politicla party with that name, why shouldn't a party be able to use a generic name like 'Change' just because a petition website uses it?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930

A petition site called change asking a political party called change to change their name?

On form Chuka and gang will refuse, they seem very resistant to any change
  • Options
    justin124 said:

According to the Guardian May wants to delay a Leadership election until October! How likely are Tory MPs to agree to that?

Having survived the 1922 vote, she goes only by her own choice or Parliamentary vonc.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,785
    geoffw said:

Noting that countries that have been without governments in recent years – Belgium and Spain come to mind – have managed ok, and since our parliament and government is the problem here, how about they dissolve or suspend themselves for the duration?

:)
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,819
    edited March 2019
    geoffw said:

I'd be quite happy for Parliament to shut down for three months without pay and expenses for a Con leadership election followed by an immediate general election/

We could all do with a break from MPs...
  • Options
    justin124 said:

They haven't agreed to much of anything lately.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Ferrari are you the Tories in disguise ?!? .... :sunglasses:
  • Options

How does one pronounce "Mhairi"?
  • Options
    justin124 said:

I would say the chances of this are somewhere between Bob Hope and No Hope...
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,897
    kle4 said:

dr_spyn said:
    On his case for MPs being allowed to vote remotely in certain circumstances, I agree. In the 21st.C, why not?
    Depends on the circumstances and how exceptional it should be. Is it really unreasonable for MPs to be expected to be present? While we know they barely listen to one another they are supposed to be at least willign to take part in debate with one another and you need to be present for that to be done properly. What reasonable accomodation can be made for those for whom the nature of the House is a big issue?

For me it is one of those issues where it is far too simplistic to pull the old 'It's the 21st century, so why can't we do x?' sort of argument, as though it is purely a technological or procedural issue preventing something that is obviously an improvement, when I am not sure it is such an obvious move. What actual benefit except for a very few individuals would such a move bring, and are there intended consequences to doing so.

People talk the same way about electronic voting generally, and there remain plenty of issues with that as well it often seeming like a solution looking for a problem.

It's also why the idea of speeding up voting in the House is a bit of a non starter for me. I'm not opposed in principle, even though the design of the building is literally for the voting to be done the way it is, but given how many votes there are taking 10-15 minutes for them is really not a problem, so the actual gain is not as transformative as proponents suggest.
    The combination of the last two paragraphs would easy to implement and certainly be an improvement.
    The Aye and Noe divisions remain the same, but MPs have an oyster-card like swipe through system to vote, which immediately registers who has voted what.

It would be quicker for MPs to vote, and producing the results would be very quick.

• Options
    Justine Greening looking suitably embarrassed

https://twitter.com/jamesobonkers/status/1112390682994532353?s=21
  • Options
    justin124 said:

Sometimes I think her problem is she doesn't look more than 5 minutes ahead and so is totally unprepared to do more than scrabble from day to day, and then she seems to have preparations for things far far down the line which are, to put it mildly, incredibly implausible.

I can see MPs letting her remain PM until the Tory conference in October if, somehow, her deal or something not far off it passes - stay as party leader until all the legislation is sorted out toward the end of May and into June, expect a couple of months for a membership contest would take into August, at which point might as well let her stay until July before sparking a contest where the winner is announced at Conference.

But getting through the week, once again, seems a challenge. You have 170 no deal fanatics opposed to her compromising even if the Commons agree on one.
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

kle4 said:

dr_spyn said:
    On his case for MPs being allowed to vote remotely in certain circumstances, I agree. In the 21st.C, why not?
    Depends on the circumstances and how exceptional it should be. Is it really unreasonable for MPs to be expected to be present? While we know they barely listen to one another they are supposed to be at least willign to take part in debate with one another and you need to be present for that to be done properly. What reasonable accomodation can be made for those for whom the nature of the House is a big issue?

For me it is one of those issues where it is far too simplistic to pull the old 'It's the 21st century, so why can't we do x?' sort of argument, as though it is purely a technological or procedural issue preventing something that is obviously an improvement, when I am not sure it is such an obvious move. What actual benefit except for a very few individuals would such a move bring, and are there intended consequences to doing so.

People talk the same way about electronic voting generally, and there remain plenty of issues with that as well it often seeming like a solution looking for a problem.

It's also why the idea of speeding up voting in the House is a bit of a non starter for me. I'm not opposed in principle, even though the design of the building is literally for the voting to be done the way it is, but given how many votes there are taking 10-15 minutes for them is really not a problem, so the actual gain is not as transformative as proponents suggest.
    The combination of the last two paragraphs would easy to implement and certainly be an improvement.
    The Aye and Noe divisions remain the same, but MPs have an oyster-card like swipe through system to vote, which immediately registers who has voted what.

It would be quicker for MPs to vote, and producing the results would be very quick.

So long as the cards are correct it should prevent errors too. My main point was that it isn't that big a difference for MP votes (the problems for electronic voting for the public are trickier anyway) because it doesn't matter if it takes 15 minutes or 5 minutes or 1 minute, they only have so many votes, so even if it is done, it isn't that big a deal even if people like Caroline Lucas seem to think it is.
  • Options
    AmpfieldAndyAmpfieldAndy Posts: 1,445
    Foxy said:

justin124 said:

Having survived the 1922 vote, she goes only by her own choice or Parliamentary vonc.
    Unless her entire Cabinet resign and she can’t replace them. She’s finished and if She had a scintilla of decency she’d leave now.
  • Options
    isam said:

She was really nervous when it came to her turn to speak. I guess that mass meetings are something that modern politicians don't get to do very often, and it doesn't come naturally to all of them.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    JackW said:

So, they are shit but the others are more shit?
  • Options
    Unfortunately so. But that's a matter of sadness, whereas I suspect he always wanted to go back to the people even before the parliament failed.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

justin124 said:

They made a huge mistake didn't they
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,010
    JackW said:

In which case, Renault are SLab ... ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2019

isam said:

She was really nervous when it came to her turn to speak. I guess that mass meetings are something that modern politicians don't get to do very often, and it doesn't come naturally to all of them.
    Oh. I thought she was embarrassed by Lammy's nonsense! Maybe it was pre-speech nerves
  • Options

That paper is still going?
  • Options
    Floater said:

JackW said:

Throwing away an advantage because of their own mistakes and internal problems.
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,897
    geoffw said:

The problem is with the words "without a government" which is a lie. The old government remains functioning the way it always had done. If the primeminister is voted out he still remains prime minister until the new govenment is formed. If the new government is a coalition this can take a long time. What cannot be done is to intorduce new laws, but paying policement and issuing tourist visas goes on as usual.

This was a big mistake that Nick Clegg made in 2010, he rushed through a coalition agreement in just a few days, because Cameron and the press were claiming the country would collapse if a new government wasn't formed straight away.
  • Options
    isam said:

Soubry enjoying herself... :D
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

geoffw said:

The problem is with the words "without a government" which is a lie. The old government remains functioning the way it always had done. If the primeminister is voted out he still remains prime minister until the new govenment is formed. If the new government is a coalition this can take a long time. What cannot be done is to intorduce new laws, but paying policement and issuing tourist visas goes on as usual.

This was a big mistake that Nick Clegg made in 2010, he rushed through a coalition agreement in just a few days, because Cameron and the press were claiming the country would collapse if a new government wasn't formed straight away.
    And there was all that nonsense about Brown clinging on, even though waiting to see who would form an agreement to command a majority made not standing down reasonable.
  • Options

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

Unless her entire Cabinet resign and she can’t replace them. She’s finished and if She had a scintilla of decency she’d leave now.
    Though like Jezza, she may just appoint another one of obscure backbenchers.

She only goes if she wants to.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

Pretty sure she is running out of backbenchers to pick from!
  • Options
    kle4 said:

eristdoof said:

geoffw said:

And there was all that nonsense about Brown clinging on, even though waiting to see who would form an agreement to command a majority made not standing down reasonable.
    I thought she might get a couple of big foam New European hands and start shouting "Lets Bomb Russia!" "Lets kick Jeremy Corbyns stick away!!"
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Gauke might need a UNICORN to get out of this one! :D

Never thought much of Gauke since was Osborne’s Chief Sec to the Treasury and ordinarily wouldn’t be sorry to see him sacked because he is as hopeless as Grayling but in fairness to him he has been very loyal to May.

As a Leaver, I still prefer broad church political parties to narrow single issue ones.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,624
    kle4 said:

Floater said:

JackW said:

Throwing away an advantage because of their own mistakes and internal problems.
    So who is Renault ?

• Options
    Or was someone sitting at that corner with an EMP gun ?
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,945
    Foxy said:

justin124 said:

Unless the Ruling Board decide to change the rules on challenges. It is not clear from the makeup of the board whether or not there would be a majority to do that.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Never thought much of Gauke since was Osborne’s Chief Sec to the Treasury and ordinarily wouldn’t be sorry to see him sacked because he is as hopeless as Grayling but in fairness to him he has been very loyal to May.

As a Leaver, I still prefer broad church political parties to narrow single issue ones.
    Tory party eating itself.

• Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

Corbyn still had the backing of the members and Labour’s paymasters.
  • Options

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

Unless the Ruling Board decide to change the rules on challenges. It is not clear from the makeup of the board whether or not there would be a majority to do that.
    Surely it would be undemocratic to vote again? :)
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

GIN1138 said:

We’ll see. Hasn’t happened yet and whilst Gauke gave an idiotic interview earlier today, this is a gross overreaction.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,157
  • Options
    viewcode said:

In theory the 'Mh' should always be 'V' in Gaelic, though a lot of Mhairis seem to go for Marree.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Scott_P said:
    We had 8 options voted on the other day. Wasn't that supposed to have greatly narrowed the field?

This is the Legislature taking the piss.....on the road to No Deal.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

nico67 said:

I don’t support a CU .

This stupid Labour policy has been designed to avoid discussing the elephant in the room which is freedom of movement .

It’s much better to stay in the single market and out of the CU . That way you have your own trade policy which at least assuages Leavers . Just call it Norway with restrictions on freedom of movement and this would get big support in the country . The restrictions are in the EEA Treaty , the UK could also add a migration impact fund , registration system etc .

Given non EU immigration is rocketing and EU falling rapidly why on earth must this May red line be allowed to trash a good compromise .

The CU in conjunction with regulatory alignment gets rid of border checks, which is the sticking point in Ireland and also affects Channel ports and anyone relying on just in time frictionless trade. Being in the customs union also helps facilitate third country trade, compared what not being in it. These are concrete big wins when up against a symbolic "independent trade policy". Trade is totally uninterested in symbols.
    The big loss being that unless it is 'The' Customs Union which until now has not been on offer, any other sort of Customs Union is an absolute disaster - worse than being outside a CU entirely - because it allows asymmetric free trade against us. There are no big wins in that instance.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    A is not a real option. At this point no deal or one of the other options is the way to not have the backstop.

E and F both worry me in their wording. E is a 'confirmatory' vote, the obvious meaning of which would mean we do not automatically remain if it is not confirmed, but what then? So I assume the intention would be it is not really confirmatory at all, and that remain would be on it. F is about a vote to prevent no deal, but does that mean it would be explicitly revoke vs no deal?

And lookign at the link briefly i think G is actually revoke? Although they term if 'parliamentary supremacy'.

Liverpool as determined as the Tories and Ferrari to win it would seem, once again.
  • Options

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

If they changed the rules to say that any VONC challenge within 12 moths of the last one required letters from 30% of Conservative MPs, who could object?

Well, yes, of course the PM....
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

Surely it would be undemocratic to vote again? :)
    I am not sure there is anything democratic about the way the Tory party run their votes.
  • Options

viewcode said:

In theory the 'Mh' should always be 'V' in Gaelic, though a lot of Mhairis seem to go for Marree.
    So it's either pronounced "Varry" or "Marry", and one doesn't know which it is until one asks. Aaargh... :(
  • Options

Perhaps this sort of thing is another reason why under-30s men are having less sex ... ;)
  • Options

...This is the Legislature taking the piss...

Indeed. And they are paid a lot of money. And two-thirds of them have a job for life. :(
  • Options

Perhaps this sort of thing is another reason why under-30s men are having less sex ... ;)
    Why was my first thought how Bateman might have drawn the cartoon ?
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

So it's either pronounced "Varry" or "Marry", and one doesn't know which it is until one asks. Aaargh... :(
    It's revenge for Featherstonaugh.
  • Options
    Touch of class from Hamilton:

Pete Bonnington, Hamilton's race engineer says: "Get in there Lewis - that was a hell of a race and an awesome drive."

Hamilton: "Guys, that was extremely unfortunate for Charles. He drove such a great race! We've got work to do to try and keep these guys on our tails."
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    We had 8 options voted on the other day. Wasn't that supposed to have greatly narrowed the field?

This is the Legislature taking the piss.....on the road to No Deal.
    Well, perhaps the Speaker won't select the ones which were particularly heavily defeated last time.

Perhaps the government will actually have to allow a free vote for all its MPs this time including the Cabinet - they aren't fooling anyone that they are united, it's time to see what the total votes for and against are.

So far when no one abstains May's deal is most popular, but not the least unpopular. Hopefully if everyone actually votes we'll see if the other options with a lot of support are, in fact, more unpopular.
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

I know how to pronounce that. And Taliaferro. And St. James. And Siobhan. And Taoiseach. And Tanaiste. But "Mhari" defeats me.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

I know how to pronounce that. And Taliaferro. And St. James. And Siobhan. And Taoiseach. And Tanaiste. But "Mhari" defeats me.
    Ruaridh is a good one
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

If they changed the rules to say that any VONC challenge within 12 moths of the last one required letters from 30% of Conservative MPs, who could object?

If May had the decency to go and there was a genuine leadership contest, members would have something worthwhile to think about.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Nigelb said:

And not babies .... the times they are a changin ....
  • Options
    kle4 said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Ruaridh is a good one
    "Rory"?
  • Options
    JackW said:

Nigelb said:

And not babies .... the times they are a changin ....
    They’ve lost the appetite.... for power.

• Options
    edited March 2019

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

If May had the decency to go and there was a genuine leadership contest, members would have something worthwhile to think about.
    Instead, she is making a Mali of it.....

(which makes less sense now you have edited Togo!)
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,984
    Good afternoon, everyone.

F1: if you only sometimes watch the highlights, tonight's are some you'll want to watch.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850

Sean_F said:
    Live Julius or dead Julius?
    Live Julius
  • Options

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

Is she really Ghana have to quit?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    I thought they voted for all of these last week and nothing passed?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:
    Yes. The plan is to do it again and Wednesday. Not sure when, if ever, it becomes an eliminator round!
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976

Somewhat out of context, i.e. words selectively extracted by someone who wants to smear one party. How typical of UK politics.

might be more effective if he weren't an independent
    Yes, Labour expelled him for unclear reasons but probably to do with political correctness. He never asked to become an independent.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-south-yorkshire-44816015

He was suspended, reinstated and then resigned. The reason he was suspended is very much not unclear. The reason he resigned, is.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:
    Yes. The plan is to do it again and Wednesday. Not sure when, if ever, it becomes an eliminator round!
    Bloody Letwin...
  • Options
    viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Ruaridh is a good one
    "Rory"?
    Or as I'd say: Wowy :)
  • Options
    kle4 said:

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:
    Don’t see Bercow trying to stop it continuing as he with May’s deal.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

My own first name is the Gaelic version of John, fairly common, but a few others for your delectation:

Tormod
    Uisdean
    Eachann
    Friseal
    Teàrlach

and of course the biggy

Dòmhnall
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,848
    GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:
    I think this is one of those tweets which actually says nothing.

We already knew there were 8 options. It is expected that this will be winnowed down somehow now.
  • Options

kle4 said:

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:
    The motion to allow the indicative votes explicitly allows them to vote on the rejected options again. Presumably they could have included May's deal in the indicative vote options.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

My own first name is the Gaelic version of John, fairly common, but a few others for your delectation:

Tormod
    Uisdean
    Eachann
    Friseal
    Teàrlach

and of course the biggy

Dòmhnall
    I didn't even realise the gaelic version of my name was the same as mine. Embarrassingly so, given it is not actually that different, anglicised.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    viewcode said:

Mary
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:
    The motion to allow the indicative votes explicitly allows them to vote on the rejected options again. Presumably they could have included May's deal in the indicative vote options.
    We could still be going round and round in circles with these "indicative votes" at Christmas!

#ClassicLetwin #AnotherLetwinBallsUp
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Last week Labour NEC's organizational sub-committee made the following recommendations for selections currently held by defectors to TIG

Nottingham East: All Women Shortlist
    Luton South: AWS
    Streatham: AWS
    Liverpool Wavertree: AWS
    Pentistone and Stocksbridge. AWS
    Stockport: Open
    Ilford South: Open
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    The problem is the indicative votes process - which I support - needs to reach a result reasonably quickly to be credible. Dragging the process out is exactly the faint lifeline May needs to keep hanging on by her fingertips. The HoC coalescing around something quickly is important, not least because of the time pressures.

Also some of these options are a bit...weird. I hope they make more sense on the order paper than in a tweet.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    edited March 2019
    viewcode said:

Maths is shite.
  • Options
    Thank you Hugo Lloris.

Being a Liverpool fan is going to kill me.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Thank you Hugo Lloris.

A Tory and Liverpool fan - a nervous time for you.

I'm just hoping Liverpool are the Leicester of this year - clearly not the best team in the league, but squeak over the line nevertheless.

The problem is the indicative votes process - which I support - needs to reach a result reasonably quickly to be credible. Dragging the process out is exactly the faint lifeline May needs to keep hanging on by her fingertips. The HoC coalescing around something quickly is important, not least because of the time pressures.

Also some of these options are a bit...weird. I hope they make more sense on the order paper than in a tweet.

Some of them do not

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmagenda/OP190401.pdf

I'm irritated it is not even the plan to definitively settle it tomorrow. Given they had a first go last week, why couldn't they say that no matter what tomorrow they whittle them down to the final option? It adds to the question of what last week was even about.

I really don't see why Bercow would call some of them again though, if they receive so few votes last time
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    I expect Bercow to cut the choices down to a max of 6 . Can’t see him picking no deal again and the backstop one either as that’s got no chance of being negotiated .
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    How are MPs meant to vote on G) ? parliament can't vote two options against each other in one vote.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Ruaridh is a good one
    "Rory"?
    No worse than Cholmondeley, Cadogan or Grosvenor
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

justin124 said:

Is she really Ghana have to quit?
    They've Benin to tell her so.
  • Options

Thank you Hugo Lloris.

Also big shout out to Moussa Sissoko.

Couldn't score in a brothel.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Thank you Hugo Lloris.

A Tory and Liverpool fan - a nervous time for you.

I'm just hoping Liverpool are the Leicester of this year - clearly not the best team in the league, but squeak over the line nevertheless.

Some of them do not

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmagenda/OP190401.pdf

I'm irritated it is not even the plan to definitively settle it tomorrow. Given they had a first go last week, why couldn't they say that no matter what tomorrow they whittle them down to the final option? It adds to the question of what last week was even about.

I really don't see why Bercow would call some of them again though, if they receive so few votes last time
    Leicester were the best team of the year, and we have trophy to prove it :)

Looks like we may well spoil Wolves party. Shame :(
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    A, F and G should be eliminated I think.
This discussion has been closed.