Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Whilst TMay is said to be contemplating a no deal Brexit LAB’s

2»

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

Looking at the big five EU economies and comparing December 2018 to December 2017:

UK
    Industrial production -0.8%
    Retail sales +3.0%

France
    Industrial production -1.4%
    Retail sales -2.3%

Germany
    Industrial production -3.9%
    Retail sales -2.1%

Italy
    Industrial production -5.5%
    Retail sales -0.6%

Spain
    Industrial production -6.2%
    Retail sales +0.8%

Given France managed 0.6% GDP growth in Q4 2018, and Spain 0.7%, I'm slightly surprised by some of those numbers.

(Not that they're impossible - they merely imply (a) that some countries aren't that industrial, and/or (b) that December was a meaningfully worse month than Nov/Dec.)
    France had q4 on q3 change of:

Industrial production -0.5%
    Construction -0.6%

https://www.insee.fr/en/statistiques/3713034#tableau-ipi-g1-en

Household consumption -0.7%

https://www.insee.fr/en/statistiques/3706052

And I would have thought there was less general service activity with all the protests so that GDP looks surprising.

The Spanish ONS doesn't give quarterly changes but these are their publications:

https://www.ine.es/en/daco/daco42/daco422/ipi1218_en.pdf

https://www.ine.es/en/daco/daco42/daco4215/ccm1218_en.pdf
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900

I cannot for the life of me see the logic of No Dealing on 29th March, waiting for a month or so before holding a GE in early May.

Presumably it'd be A50 extension first, then GE, in the hopes it gives her the numbers to pass the deal.

Sketchy for sure ...... but it's not like there are any easy routes past the current roadblock either.
  • Options
    There would be a rather higher chance of it happening if Tory MPs stopped being self-obsessed posturing arseholes.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    Scott_P said:
    Typo in those current Labour seats, Sam. Only out by 100.....
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited February 2019
    "Conservatives would win majority if election were held today, YouGov finds

Pollster that got 2017 result right forecasts Labour losses"

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/conservatives-would-win-majority-if-election-held-today-yougovfinds-8sjmr2mv8
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,144
    @Y0kel - Do you have any steer on how the DUP are feeling about Brexit at the moment?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,048

if Tory MPs stopped being self-obsessed posturing arseholes.
    I won't hold my breath.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    Were an election to be held on 2nd May Parliament would have to be dissolved by 26th March. Any announcement would be likely to be at least a week earlier.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    edited February 2019
    PClipp said:

Brexit has killed off two Tory myths:
    1. That they are pro-business.
    2. That they are patriotic.
    All they have left is not being Labour.

Nope, there's nothing patriotic about being absorbed into a European superstate and in defence and foreign policy the Tories very clearly advocate in the national interest. Neither do they sneer at our flag or our culture or our history.

They do not cavort with terrorists nor undermine our security services either.

But, you're in hyperpartisan mood today so this will all fall on deaf ears.
    You sneer at the last 45 years of our history and characterise it as "being absorbed into a European superstate". That's not patriotic.
    You are right. It was not patriotic being absorbed into an EU superstate. Glad you accept that.
    Much better to be absorbed into a Trump-America superstate? Or a Russian superstate? I am not convinced.
    I sometimes think we missed a trick never allying with the Russians back in the day. We have a lot in common culturally; tea drinkers, prodigious consumers of alcohol, risk-takers who dream big but tend to rest on our laurels too easily. If we’d come to an entente with them in the mid-19th century instead of fighting the Crimean War, I think by today we could have been rulers of the world together.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,054
    There will shortly be a general election where the Tories will increase their majority.....
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    Why are Iranians chanting 'Death to May'?
    Because they're told to?
  • Options
    Preposterous idea, how does she get passed March?

I'm beginning to think the only thing she's trying to do is get to 3 full years as PM.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

"Conservatives would win majority if election were held today, YouGov finds

Pollster that got 2017 result right forecasts Labour losses"

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/conservatives-would-win-majority-if-election-held-today-yougovfinds-8sjmr2mv8

Suggests Labour losing 4-6 seats each to Tories and SNP and Sheffield Hallam to the LDs although I would argue that is the worst case scenario for Labour.

• Options

Hang on, that's unfair. Those (and being sound on the public finances) weren't myths under Cameron.

I agree that the party has changed in the most bizarre and alarming way recently. The tragedy is that this coincides with Labour doing the same.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,013
    Y0kel said:

dixiedean said:

Bloody Talk Talk. Internet down since Saturday. No engineer till Wednesday at the earliest. Stayed in all day today, but the engineer was ill. None available tomorrow. How's that for customer service? Will be a full 96 hours before anyone even looks at it. Trying to run an Internet based business from home here.

You are aware of the Service Level Agreement on standard broadband right?
    I am now. Unfortunately, we had residential broadband with them before starting the business. Never bothered. Inertia. Regret it now. Am getting it with Sky.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307

@Y0kel - Do you have any steer on how the DUP are feeling about Brexit at the moment?

None, they seem to know a lot about whos who and whats what amongst the E U though.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    She was part of a long list including MBS, Trump and the Queen.
    I do seem to recall a statement from Khamenei a number of years ago referring to us as the most treacherous of all nations. Long memories I guess.
    An old proverb in that part of the world is:

"It is better to be an enemy of the British than their friend, because they buy their enemies and sell their friends"
    I’ve heard that there is a popular conspiracy theory in Iran that Britain is the tail that wags the American dog and that we actually secretly control America outright. It arose after the CIA overthrew Mossadeq at our, well the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company’s, behest, so you can see where they’re coming from.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Scott_P said:
    I think there will be an election this summer. The sudden onset of "money no object" waiting list reductions is a major tell.
    Too many idiots in the main parties seem to think it is a good way out of this hole we are in, and even if they cobble something together without an election that probably precipitates one anyway. We're so boned.
    It's not a good way out. But I'm coming increasingly to the conclusion that a 3-way referendum on the Deal is the only workable way out. Oh joy.

Of course, the public could screw it up even more and vote for No Deal. And that assumes that even if our MPs go for it, the EU will allow the 6 months minimum it'd take to arrange it.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,978

kle4 said:

If no Tory MPs believe it why are there all these rumours about May, among others, contemplating asking for an election?
    Rumour is cheap at the moment.

I cannot for the life of me see the logic of No Dealing on 29th March, waiting for a month or so before holding a GE in early May.

I suppose the idea would be to distract us from the chaos by having an election, or perhaps their modelling shows the No Deal chaos gets far worse after a couple of months.

Am I missing something?
    The model just tells you about the state of play now. It doesn't tell you anything about what voting intention will be after an election announcement, campaign, and Brexit. I think this far out the best you can say is that it predicts who gets the most votes, mutatis mutandis.
  • Options
    rpjs said:

I sometimes think we missed a trick never allying with the Russians back in the day. We have a lot in common culturally; tea drinkers, prodigious consumers of alcohol, risk-takers who dream big but tend to rest on our laurels too easily. If we’d come to an entente with them in the mid-19th century instead of fighting the Crimean War, I think by today we could have been rulers of the world together.

Err, we did:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Entente
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,823

Labour needs 18 more seats in Scotland for a majority of one!

The current fracas between Sturgeon and Salmond can only damage the SNP surely. The only question is where those votes go.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Scott_P said:
    I think there will be an election this summer. The sudden onset of "money no object" waiting list reductions is a major tell.
    Too many idiots in the main parties seem to think it is a good way out of this hole we are in, and even if they cobble something together without an election that probably precipitates one anyway. We're so boned.
    It's not a good way out. But I'm coming increasingly to the conclusion that a 3-way referendum on the Deal is the only workable way out. Oh joy.

Of course, the public could screw it up even more and vote for No Deal. And that assumes that even if our MPs go for it, the EU will allow the 6 months minimum it'd take to arrange it.
    Certainly a #peoplesvote, with binding outcome is the only way to resolve the issue.

I reckon we have to have No Deal first though.
  • Options
    rpjs said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    She was part of a long list including MBS, Trump and the Queen.
    I do seem to recall a statement from Khamenei a number of years ago referring to us as the most treacherous of all nations. Long memories I guess.
    An old proverb in that part of the world is:

"It is better to be an enemy of the British than their friend, because they buy their enemies and sell their friends"
    I’ve heard that there is a popular conspiracy theory in Iran that Britain is the tail that wags the American dog and that we actually secretly control America outright. It arose after the CIA overthrew Mossadeq at our, well the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company’s, behest, so you can see where they’re coming from.
    It is true that there is still deep suspicion amongst some in Iran that the wily old Brits are behind many a plot. If it happens in the south west of the country in particular, its our fault.
  • Options
    Governments usually lose ground to Opposition parties in the course of an election campaign so a starting point of 321 seats is hardly likely to prove enticing!
  • Options
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Scott_P said:

Certainly a #peoplesvote, with binding outcome is the only way to resolve the issue.

We can't have No Deal first: that takes Remain off the table.

And if we did crash out, I think parliament might well sign up to May's deal shortly afterwards anyway, if the EU were willing to keep it as an option (and for the sake of Ireland and the Channel areas, I don't see why they wouldn't).
  • Options
    rpjs said:

It goes back much further than that. Since at least the mid nineteenth century, Persians have been convinced that England (as they would call it) is incredibly adept at directing things behind the scenes. Hence the saying: "If you trip over a stone in the road, it was put there by an Englishman." This view persists in all parts of Iranian society and even amongst friends of the UK.

It's a bit of a difficult thing to understand from the UK, where the government is universally seen as a bunch of bungling idiots who couldn't even hire a ferry.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Scott_P said:

Once you exit with no deal the Remain and Deal options both disappear.
  • Options

rpjs said:

Hence the saying: "If you trip over a stone in the road, it was put there by an Englishman." .
    I thought that was just about us building crap roads.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,029

kle4 said:

If no Tory MPs believe it why are there all these rumours about May, among others, contemplating asking for an election?

I suppose the idea would be to distract us from the chaos by having an election, or perhaps their modelling shows the No Deal chaos gets far worse after a couple of months.

Am I missing something?
    No deal is quite popular with the great unsoaped. Do it, have GE and reap the nihilist-nationalist vote before everything fucks up and we're all living in the game Rust.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,261
    edited February 2019
    Foxy said:

The current fracas between Sturgeon and Salmond can only damage the SNP surely. The only question is where those votes go.
    Doesn't seem to be doing it in this Yougov.
    Salmondite Indy supporters & Sturgeonite Indy supporters won't be going SCon, SLD or SLab.

https://twitter.com/KieranPAndrews/status/1095089217506553859
  • Options

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Scott_P said:

And if we did crash out, I think parliament might well sign up to May's deal shortly afterwards anyway, if the EU were willing to keep it as an option (and for the sake of Ireland and the Channel areas, I don't see why they wouldn't).
    They can't. It's a Withdrawal Agreement reached under Article 50 by QMV. Once the clock has run out, we'd be a third country and to revive something like it they'd have to go through the entire shebang of creating a new treaty and ratifying it by unanimous formal procedure in each of the 27 countries (which would include the Walloons having a veto etc etc).
  • Options

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Scott_P said:

I think all the member states would have to ratify? That's like 100 odd veto points.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

rpjs said:

Hence the saying: "If you trip over a stone in the road, it was put there by an Englishman." .
    I thought that was just about us building crap roads.
    LOL!
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

kle4 said:

Am I missing something?
    No deal is quite popular with the great unsoaped. Do it, have GE and reap the nihilist-nationalist vote before everything fucks up and we're all living in the game Rust.
    Well, Tsipras managed to win an election after capitulating on his main policy so anything's possible, although I suppose in his case he did the opposite of no deal.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,227

Cyclefree said:

Dear God, she has gone totally Nixon, if this report on HuffPo stands up.

Quite. She cares more about herself and the Tories than the country.

The woman is a menace. The Tories will be destroyed if she carries on like this.

As will the country.
    The Tories are RADIOACTIVE with anyone under the age of 50. And although some fogeys on here scoff that people naturally get more Tory with age, this time it’s different.

They will not be forgiven.
    They don’t deserve to be. Nor do Labour.

I despise both of them.

I will admit that I am scared of what a No Deal Brexit will mean - for my children and their futures, for my eventual retirement, for those I care about and my country.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Scott_P said:

I think that if we crash out, the EU would permit a 3 way vote, though obviously it would be better for us to have the vote before leaving.
  • Options
    PClipp said:

Nope, there's nothing patriotic about being absorbed into a European superstate and in defence and foreign policy the Tories very clearly advocate in the national interest. Neither do they sneer at our flag or our culture or our history.

They do not cavort with terrorists nor undermine our security services either.

But, you're in hyperpartisan mood today so this will all fall on deaf ears.
    You sneer at the last 45 years of our history and characterise it as "being absorbed into a European superstate". That's not patriotic.
    You are right. It was not patriotic being absorbed into an EU superstate. Glad you accept that.
    Much better to be absorbed into a Trump-America superstate? Or a Russian superstate? I am not convinced.
    Much better not to be absorbed into any of them. You know, like most of the rest of the world.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,140

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Scott_P said:

They can't. It's a Withdrawal Agreement reached under Article 50 by QMV. Once the clock has run out, we'd be a third country and to revive something like it they'd have to go through the entire shebang of creating a new treaty and ratifying it by unanimous formal procedure in each of the 27 countries (which would include the Walloons having a veto etc etc).
    Have the 27 not unanimously approved the Withdrawal Agreement, though?
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Y0kel said:

dixiedean said:

Bloody Talk Talk. Internet down since Saturday. No engineer till Wednesday at the earliest. Stayed in all day today, but the engineer was ill. None available tomorrow. How's that for customer service? Will be a full 96 hours before anyone even looks at it. Trying to run an Internet based business from home here.

You are aware of the Service Level Agreement on standard broadband right?
    I am now. Unfortunately, we had residential broadband with them before starting the business. Never bothered. Inertia. Regret it now. Am getting it with Sky.
    Some of the ISP's offer a fairly decent enhanced SLA on business broadband. Its basically Openreach's SLA's rebadged and like all insurance may not pay out in practice but its worth a shot at a bit over £10-15 quid a month.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited February 2019
    Chris said:

Yes, but not in a formal ratification process, and in a forum which hugely favours going with the consensus. As soon as you have a formal ratification process you've got much more likelihood of grandstanding for domestic political reasons, and a lot more bodies involved (national and in some cases regional parliaments).
  • Options

The UK would be in a weaker position after no deal so why are they going to offer the same WA? It might be WA--.
  • Options

Foxy said:

Doesn't seem to be doing it in this Yougov.
    Salmondite Indy supporters & Sturgeonite Indy supporters won't be going SCon, SLD or SLab.

https://twitter.com/KieranPAndrews/status/1095089217506553859
    These polls are showing tiny margins in the seats projected to change hands. Moreover, from memory I do not believe that the Yougov model predicted 7 Labour seats in Scotland back in 2017 - and most certainly not at the outset of that campaign! I note that it shows Labour retaining Canterbury though.
  • Options

Chris said:

Yes, but not in a formal ratification process, and in a forum which hugely favours going with the consensus. As soon as you have a formal ratification process you've got much more likelihood of grandstanding for domestic political reasons, and a lot more bodies involved (national and in some cases regional parliaments).
    It was just that you seemed to be contrasting QMV with unanimity. I wondered whether I had missed something.
  • Options
    Chris said:

Chris said:

It was just that you seemed to be contrasting QMV with unanimity. I wondered whether I had missed something.
    It is different because in the Council it's unlikely that a minor player will force a vote against the general consensus. If you haven't got a veto and you're the only one opposed, what's the point of making a fuss?
  • Options
    dotsdots Posts: 615
    Foxy said:

The Times poll puts conservatives on 39% and labour on 34 %

That is the third of the last four polls with labour on 34%

Go for it! C'mon May, make my day...
    Labours position in the polls has been no great love for Corbyn, his amateur hour shadow cabinet, their last conference/triumphalist rally nor their half baked policy’s, its been a redreamer bubble of hoping they will stop/soften brexit. The bubbles about to burst. They won’t get anything near 34% in the coming GE, nearer 24%.
    No prevent or soften brexit = the ugliest party war in history, that’s the point they tank in the polls
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    dots said:

Foxy said:

Labours position in the polls has been no great love for Corbyn, his amateur hour shadow cabinet, their last conference/triumphalist rally nor their half baked policy’s, its been a redreamer bubble of hoping they will stop/soften brexit. The bubbles about to burst. They won’t get anything near 34% in the coming GE, nearer 24%.
    No prevent or soften brexit = the ugliest party war in history, that’s the point they tank in the polls
    The voters will abandon Labour and hand victory to May and her gaggle of incompetents? The voters most angry at the Tories for Brexit will do that?
  • Options

Chris said:

Chris said:

It is different because in the Council it's unlikely that a minor player will force a vote against the general consensus. If you haven't got a veto and you're the only one opposed, what's the point of making a fuss?
    On the other hand people always seem to be saying that even when it comes to an extension, where there is a requirement for unanimity, the pressure to conform will be so strong that there won't be a veto. Not that I'm entirely convinced by that.
  • Options
    _Anazina__Anazina_ Posts: 1,810
    “If you knock on a door and they have books on their shelves, you can be pretty sure these days they’re not voting Tory.”

Wow.
  • Options
    _Anazina__Anazina_ Posts: 1,810
    kle4 said:

dots said:

Foxy said:

The voters will abandon Labour and hand victory to May and her gaggle of incompetents? The voters most angry at the Tories for Brexit will do that?
    My guess is the electorate will engineer a rainbow coalition. Which would suit me fine.
  • Options
    _Anazina_ said:

kle4 said:

dots said:

Foxy said:

My guess is the electorate will engineer a rainbow coalition. Which would suit me fine.
    Who gets to be in the rainbow?
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    _Anazina_ said:

“If you knock on a door and they have books on their shelves, you can be pretty sure these days they’re not voting Tory.”

Wow.

"Six year old invents time machine using only cling film, a coat hanger, and fifteen kilos of bubblegum."

Wow.
  • Options
    _Anazina_ said:

Wow.

Tory voters reading material: Commando comics, People's Friend and the instruction book for a mobility scooter (large type edition).
  • Options
    Chris said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Scott_P said:

Does this not miss the point though. The whole point of the WA was (and still is) not to decide on our final arrangements going forward with the EU but to manage the exit in such a way as to then allow us to negotiate the new relationship within a transitional framework. This in turn was necessary because of the EU insistence that there could be no formal start to negotiating our future relationship until after we had actually left.

If we have already left without such a transitional framework then the WA no longer has any purpose. We might as well just get on with the process of negotiating a future relationship, albeit from a worse position for both sides than if the WA had been put in place.
  • Options
    Chris said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Scott_P said:

The deal expires upon departure.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,991
    _Anazina_ said:

Wow.

Doesn't quite make sense when you consider 95% of people probably have at least a few books on their shelves and the Tories are averaging 40% in the polls.
  • Options
    I've just seen a clip of Williamson. The delivery makes it even worse.

Does anyone know what he means by "increasing our mass"?

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1094997312634527744
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068
    Andy_JS said:

_Anazina_ said:

Wow.

Doesn't quite make sense when you consider 95% of people probably have at least a few books on their shelves and the Tories are averaging 40% in the polls.
    I thought Conservative voters all had Kindles, and it's simply that Labour voters are stuck in the past.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1094997312634527744

Assuming a constant volume, he's probably aiming for an increase in density.
  • Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276
    I'm struggling with the complexity here.

The EU say the deal is locked and will no be re-opened.

Westminster has comprehensively rejected the deal.

Therefore no deal, unless one party is willing to back down which I can't see.

• Options
    theProletheProle Posts: 950

Cyclefree said:

The woman is a menace. The Tories will be destroyed if she carries on like this.

As will the country.
    The Tories are RADIOACTIVE with anyone under the age of 50. And although some fogeys on here scoff that people naturally get more Tory with age, this time it’s different.

Speaking as someone well under 50 who has voted Tory in the past (and I live in a tight marginal), the only way I'll ever vote Tory again is if they actually make Brexit happen, either without a deal, or with a deal that isn't just BINO (I'd rather have a deal, but am coming to the conclusion that the EU really are going to cut off their noses to spite their faces, and there is no point in negotiating with people like that).
  • Options
    theProle said:

Cyclefree said:

As will the country.

Speaking as someone well under 50 who has voted Tory in the past (and I live in a tight marginal), the only way I'll ever vote Tory again is if they actually make Brexit happen, either without a deal, or with a deal that isn't just BINO (I'd rather have a deal, but am coming to the conclusion that the EU really are going to cut off their noses to spite their faces, and there is no point in negotiating with people like that).
    Unless you have a peculiar fetish about Northern Ireland, the original proposal from the EU would have given you exactly what you want. It was the UK that pushed for the backstop to be extended.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

...95% of people probably have at least a few books on their shelves...

No, they don't. Lots of people don't own books, and of those that do not all of them put them on shelves.

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068
    theProle said:

Cyclefree said:

As will the country.

What do you define as not BINO?

Because there is a ridiculously wide range of outcomes.

Let's start with Norway+. This basically involves remaining part of the Four Freedoms, and the Customs Union, but leaving the political apparatus of the EU, the CAP, the CFP and large parts of the intrusion of the ECJ into domestic affairs. (So, they would still adjudge on whether a firm's output constituted high tensile or ordinary steel, but not on whether prisoners got the vote.) Now, that's pretty BINOy, but it also removes quite a lot of things people get upset about.

OK, now let's talk about the TMay deal. This removes all of the above, but also involves ending Freedom of Movement, and maintaining a Customs Union and special situation in Northern Ireland until a technical solution is found. It does involve a high degree of alignment between the EU and the UK in certain areas of regulation - such a data protection and product standards.

Then there's Canada Plus. This basically means leaving alignment on certain product standards (albeit in all likelihood, given most are set by the ISO, the actual impact would be negligible). It's quite possible for us to get to Canada Plus via the Withdrawal Agreement, of course.

Finally, there's WTO, where we trade with the EU, and all the countries that the EU has trade agreements with, to trade on the misnamed "most favoured nation" status.

Which ones are BINO?
  • Options
    DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038
    theProle said:

Cyclefree said:

As will the country.

Of course you'll vote Tory again. Brexit hasn't turned you into a Socialist.
  • Options

Ready to fight tonight.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

That is inexcusable.

BT are first class including a complete wi fi guarantee and keep connected promise.
    Tell me about it. Moaned on Twitter and was contacted by Sky who offered me faster connection and slightly cheaper. So bye bye in 2 weeks. Moan over.
    Classy response by Sky. Clever.
    Yes. Couldn't be any worse. Talk Talk seem utterly unable to comprehend the fact this is our business. And that there are potentially vulnerable clients affected, or that, out here in the sticks 4G can be very spotty indeed.
    If it’s critical to your work then get a business broadband connection from someone like PlusNet, Demon or BT. It’s a little more expensive than the consumer options like TT and Sky, but they have a service level agreement measured in minutes rather than days - that’s what you pay the extra for, rather like having decent insurance.

< / ITConsultant >
  • Options
    "Chris Grayling is a symbol of what is going wrong in Britain

The transport secretary has racked up a litany of failures and should resign"

https://www.ft.com/content/0e378da2-2def-11e9-8744-e7016697f225
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,001
    Why the hell did keyless cars get invented ?
    A car is worth a bit more than a £30 contactless payment..
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

_Anazina_ said:

Wow.

I have the entire Fighting Fantasy series on my bookshelf. All 72 Gamebooks!
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    Rumours out of Washington that Republicans and Democrats have agreed a budget to avoid another government shutdown. Half a wall maybe.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

_Anazina_ said:

Wow.

I have the entire Fighting Fantasy series on my bookshelf. All 72 Gamebooks!
    +1
This discussion has been closed.