Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » It looks as though there could be by-election in an ultra marg

123457»

Comments

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,770
    edited December 2018
    Anazina said:

Anazina said:

Comfortable win for my son’s club Spurs in the derby. Watch them draw City in the semi.

And then Man Utd pinch their manager !!!!!
    Well it is called the Theatre of Dreams. Man U's temp managers record in the Premiership. Played 18 won 3.
    Man U sacked the wrong person. The investment banker should have gone as well.
    I am very content tonight that Ole is back. I was in Barcelona on that magic night
    As a United hater, I'm very content that you've gone for Ole too!
    The PB Scousers are far more annoying - no discernible Merseyside heritage. It’s as if they woke up one morning in Surrey and decided to support LFC.
    Well perhaps we find morally judging other people (since you framed it in terms first of its impact on local clubs and now indicate a lack of local heritage is a bad thing) for how they enjoy a football game a demeaning thing to do? You still never answered my question on whom it was acceptable for me to support given there was no football team in my home town, and how far away is acceptable for people to support.
  • Options
    AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Anazina said:

Comfortable win for my son’s club Spurs in the derby. Watch them draw City in the semi.

Well it is called the Theatre of Dreams. Man U's temp managers record in the Premiership. Played 18 won 3.
    I am very content tonight that Ole is back. I was in Barcelona on that magic night
    I hope you are not a Spurs supporter as they lose their manager to United in the summer
    They said that about Harry Maguire last summer. Many other clubs are as rich as Man U now, with no need to sell.

Spurs won't sell Poch, and he would be crazy to go. Man U manager is a cursed job that destroys the careers of all who take it. Man U is at risk of becoming another Forest.
    Seems he is close to Fergie and looks like he wants the job. We will see
    ManU will never improve with SAF as a back seat driver. That is part of the problem, he recommended the last 3 managers as I recall.
    Your analogy with Forest is spot on. Ferguson walks around the Theatre of Dreams like the ghost of Brian Clough haunts the south bank of the Trent.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Anazina said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Anazina said:

I hope you are not a Spurs supporter as they lose their manager to United in the summer
    They said that about Harry Maguire last summer. Many other clubs are as rich as Man U now, with no need to sell.

Spurs won't sell Poch, and he would be crazy to go. Man U manager is a cursed job that destroys the careers of all who take it. Man U is at risk of becoming another Forest.
    ManU will never improve with SAF as a back seat driver. That is part of the problem, he recommended the last 3 managers as I recall.
    Your analogy with Forest is spot on. Ferguson walks around the Theatre of Dreams like the ghost of Brian Clough haunts the south bank of the Trent.
    But we still have two stars on the shirt.....
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

The PB Scousers are far more annoying - no discernible Merseyside heritage. It’s as if they woke up one morning in Surrey and decided to support LFC.
    Klopp's passion and visible love for football draws players and fans in - I'm not a football fan but if I was I'd be drawn by that too
    It's far more simple than that. Picking sides increases investment in pretty much anything, everyone knows that, and the most elite aspects of any sport will attract the most acclaim and thus the most support. The fact the choice of whom to support can be pretty darn random - where you lived when young, where you moved when an adult, and yes, who was big when you were impressionable - make it something that can be passionately followed and enjoyed but without any animus outside of loser hooligans, as opposed to tribalism in something like, say, politics.

Those who do not spend their time judging others for enjoying leisure pursuits don't generally have a problem with that.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

Well perhaps we find morally judging other people (since you framed it in terms first of its impact on local clubs and now indicate a lack of local heritage is a bad thing) for how they enjoy a football game a demeaning thing to do? You still never answered my question on whom it was acceptable for me to support given there was no football team in my home town, and how far away is acceptable for people to support.
    I didn’t know you’d asked me. Where do you live? My OP was actually aimed at Eagles and others - I didn’t know you were another!
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    As for Labour and the membership enthusiasm etc. it is a mixed picture. In older areas we may have in some cases even fallen away slightly but in younger areas and probably more urban areas we have surged, considering the growth in membership I'd imagine it would probably only be the oldest constituencies (age of residents) where we have actually gone backwards rather than forwards.
  • Options

Anazina said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Anazina said:

But we still have two stars on the shirt.....
    Yes, and my Spurs supporting son is jealous of that. But I fear our past glories are counterproductive to contemporary success.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,970

United should have stuck with LVG for a bit longer, he had turned things around to an extent and was bringing through young players. We had a great record against the biggest teams we just needed a window or two to bring in star players to steamroll the bottom 12 teams in the league. The style of play wasn't great but overall I would argue it was the best of the 3 managers post Fergie although I might be biased towards big games.

Arguably Moyes too. Signed only 2 players Mata and Fellaini. Was always going to be a dip after SAF.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,653
    Anazina said:

Foxy said:

Anazina said:

Anazina said:

Sheffield rather than Surrey, I believe :)

I am Lancastrian by birth, Leicester by adoption, but there is nothing more Leicester than that.
    You live there though? That’s plenty cause enough.

P.S. I was actually rooting for you in the match last night. What the hell happened with the pens? It must rank as one of the worst shoot outs in history!
    I think the pitch was very slippery. Both teams took terrible penalties after slippery run ups. Fuchs is great with them usually. Caglar is new but took a good un against Wolves.

Ianacho had a shocker of a game, but we Puel has made us tough to beat. We need another striker though. Vardy hasn't been right since the summer,
  • Options

Anazina said:

A win at Cardiff would be good :) But the style of play is more important!
    Indeed it is.
    Not in my eyes. My team need the win more than Man Utf
    I will be there with my pick and shovel.
  • Options
    Then there is the construction of homelessness as being about the lack of a home only. You could accomodate some people in Buckingham Palace and they'd still only last a week if that. Then there is the construction of a home as being a roof only when they are different as well.

These are nuanced matters with substantial elements of opinion, priorities and value judgement thrown in. But to crudely over simplify voters are disproportionately bothered by highly visible rough sleeping which evokes sympathy and a '' something should be done " response whereby the complex policy choices which might keep some off the street are seen as too wonkish to engage with.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

If Jez went for A50 revocation instead....

https://twitter.com/DavidHerdson/status/1075356582291140608

One for the ECJ? :smiley:
    Eh? Surely until Jezza has won a vote of confidence a Labour "government" could not enact or carry out anything?
    I'll admit, it's a convenient way to get a two year extension for the A50 process. :p
    So we just keep electing new governments in 2 year periods forever to that the extension never ends. Simples.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    New thread.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,653
    dixiedean said:

United should have stuck with LVG for a bit longer, he had turned things around to an extent and was bringing through young players. We had a great record against the biggest teams we just needed a window or two to bring in star players to steamroll the bottom 12 teams in the league. The style of play wasn't great but overall I would argue it was the best of the 3 managers post Fergie although I might be biased towards big games.

Arguably Moyes too. Signed only 2 players Mata and Fellaini. Was always going to be a dip after SAF.
    Fellaini is a dirty bugger, but I would have him in my team, and Mata always scores against us.
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    dixiedean said:

I did feel sorry for Moyes, came into an incredibly tough job but I did feel it was right for him to move on after that season. Maybe we just unfairly needed a one season scapegoat so the fans were a bit more realistic about the challenge of rebuilding the team and losing SAF.

Although I do feel it was the fans lack of patience which got LVG fired and brought in Mourinho so the problem with Moyes is he didn't do badly enough!
This discussion has been closed.