Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The latest Ipsos MORI finding should worry all politicians

Comments

• Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    edited September 2018

Mrs May's dancing is better than her performance at PMQs today.

To be honest she is struggling today but maybe her mind is on her statement over the nerve agent.

Indeed that is going to be the media's story for the rest of the day and beyond

Fantastic pride on our police and security services and it says a lot about how fortunate we are to be protected by them
    So you're saying Mrs May can't multi-task?

That's not impressive.
    Men invariably think that they're great at multi-tasking (women less so). The evidence that I've seen tends more to the think and not the result. Focus is underrated. I'm sure that you'd claim you're different but....
  • Options

Boris refers to the 'weasely language of the leader of the opposition'

And barely a murmor of dissent from the Labour benches....
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,062

Listen to TM statement on nerve agent in the HOC and ask the question

Who would you want to be our PM - May or Corbyn

G would still say "anyone else"
  • Options
    AIUI Putin's popularity in Russia is waning due, amongst other things, to a pensions rule change fubar. I wonder if this might lead to another 'spectacular' international intervention to boost it back up again?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Listen to TM statement on nerve agent in the HOC and ask the question

Who would you want to be our PM - May or Corbyn

G would still say "anyone else"
    I can understand that
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,100

HYUFD said:

Guy Verhofstadt says no place in the EU for Poland and Hungary who take EU money but do not share EU values

https://mobile.twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1037260534037532672

maybe they can join us in HuPoBrexit

Yes, looks like they may be next up on the EU exit train, neither are in the Euro and both have nationalist governments
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Haha Mr HYUFD, you really are deluded. For the record I am not in favour of EU Superstate and never have been. There will not be one, and it continues to be a minority interest in Europe. If you actually knew something about European politics you would know that, but it is not your fault as you get your information from the Daily Express.

I happened to believe we had a very good deal with the EU as it was and it is blind nationalistic insanity that has taken us down the current path. My point is that it will likely be reversed and when it is we won't be able to go back to the relatively benign UK-centric relationship we have now because we will no longer have influence.

Then we will not rejoin or swiftly exit again, when the most every generation from school Leaver to pensioner wants with the EU is a trading relationship not to be part of an EU Superstate then the dreams of the EU ideologues in the UK will come to nothing
    Have you interviewed them all? No thought not. Most young people I have spoke to on the subject (anecdotal - I don't pretend to know all their thoughts) are furious with ideologues like you that have denied them free rights of access to Europe. Yep, the older selfish generations that love to make use of privileges and then pull the ladder up. That is how they see it. I hope they have the last laugh, but I hope it isn't via Jeremy Corbyn. If so it's also your fault
  • Options

malcolmg said:

To be honest she is struggling today but maybe her mind is on her statement over the nerve agent.

Fantastic pride on our police and security services and it says a lot about how fortunate we are to be protected by them
    G , they may be good after the fact but pretty pointless if you are already dead and the bad guys are back home laughing at them.
    If you could act in hindsight no crime would happen Malc
    Time they sorted out time travel G
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Guy Verhofstadt says no place in the EU for Poland and Hungary who take EU money but do not share EU values

Yes, looks like they may be next up on the EU exit train, neither are in the Euro and both have nationalist governments
    maybe but theyre just at the EU bullying stage, the real fun is Italy, anything could happen there. And Macrons posturing is just oil on the fire
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,927

Remember as well, given his position as LOTO / privy council, Jezza can get briefed on the intelligence we aren't allowed to hear.

But then he won't even meet with the head of MI5 to hear about the current threat of terrorism.

If ever there was an issue where the LotO needs to agree wholeheartedly and unequivocally with the government, it’s this. He’ll have had, and will continue to have Privy Council briefings on the issue from MI5 and MI6, he should be in no doubt that Russia committed an act of war on our territory.

I dare not think how he would behave as PM in a situation like this.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,100

HYUFD said:

Haha Mr HYUFD, you really are deluded. For the record I am not in favour of EU Superstate and never have been. There will not be one, and it continues to be a minority interest in Europe. If you actually knew something about European politics you would know that, but it is not your fault as you get your information from the Daily Express.

I happened to believe we had a very good deal with the EU as it was and it is blind nationalistic insanity that has taken us down the current path. My point is that it will likely be reversed and when it is we won't be able to go back to the relatively benign UK-centric relationship we have now because we will no longer have influence.

Then we will not rejoin or swiftly exit again, when the most every generation from school Leaver to pensioner wants with the EU is a trading relationship not to be part of an EU Superstate then the dreams of the EU ideologues in the UK will come to nothing
    Have you interviewed them all? No thought not. Most young people I have spoke to on the subject (anecdotal - I don't pretend to know all their thoughts) are furious with ideologues like you that have denied them free rights of access to Europe. Yep, the older selfish generations that love to make use of privileges and then pull the ladder up. That is how they see it. I hope they have the last laugh, but I hope it isn't via Jeremy Corbyn. If so it's also your fault
    Corbyn can be got over, an EU Superstate is something far more devastating for us and the generations are united against it
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

G , they may be good after the fact but pretty pointless if you are already dead and the bad guys are back home laughing at them.
    If you could act in hindsight no crime would happen Malc
    Time they sorted out time travel G
    Brexit is one way they seem to be trying.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Remember as well, given his position as LOTO / privy council, Jezza can get briefed on the intelligence we aren't allowed to hear.

But then he won't even meet with the head of MI5 to hear about the current threat of terrorism.

If ever there was an issue where the LotO needs to agree wholeheartedly and unequivocally with the government, it’s this. He’ll have had, and will continue to have Privy Council briefings on the issue from MI5 and MI6, he should be in no doubt that Russia committed an act of war on our territory.

He'd point out this is the MI6 that assured us all that Iraq possessed WMD.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    edited September 2018
    All those who say well all this talk of Jezza and his terrorist sympathizing, this hatred of Israel, he isn't really a danger, parliament will moderate any really extreme policies....his reaction to the Russia state poisoning people on the streets of the UK should be a strong reminder, he is a danger to national security...he is left wing Trump.
  • Options
    Very different response to Blackford from May than that to Corbyn.....fulsome thanks for his support for the government and wished it was shared across the house....

Grieve asking about issue of Russians arriving freely in the UK if they are sending over murders....
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256

I'm so glad we've got Trident as a deterrent.

I mean no country would dare use chemical agents on the streets of the UK because we've got Trident.

It is a huge waste of money but it gets some of the boys all excited that we can make things go *bang* if the Americans let us launch the missiles. :D
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    edited September 2018

What was wrong with Corbyn response. ?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk

He condems Russia for not co- operating with the investigation, according to the Guardian politics live attached.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

No evidence for your nationalistic wet dreams. You are so consumed by your little England nationalistic bubble that you believe any snippet as the end of the EU. It really is pathetic

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/poland-eu-membership-support-for-membership-courts-rule-of-law-mateusz-morawiecki-juncker-a8149876.html
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    Exactly what Porton Down and MI6 would do in a false flag incident, innit?
  • Options
    Today’s events in Parliament should be a massive wake up call to Europe on the need to get fracking. The EU response to the attacks is going to necessarily be constrained by the reliance of a large part of their territory on Russian oil and gas imports for fuel.
  • Options

All those who say well all this talk of Jezza and his terrorist sympathizing, this hatred of Israel, he isn't really a danger, parliament will moderate any really extreme policies....his reaction to the Russia state poisoning people on the streets of the UK should be a strong reminder, he is a danger to national security...he is left wing Trump.

Amen to that
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,022

AIUI Putin's popularity in Russia is waning due, amongst other things, to a pensions rule change fubar. I wonder if this might lead to another 'spectacular' international intervention to boost it back up again?

According to the Russian media he is looking for the "next Syria" and is set on talking the Chinese into a joint operation to stabilise Afghanistan.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Corbyn can be got over, an EU Superstate is something far more devastating for us and the generations are united against it
    No he cannot - he is an ever present threat to our country and we have no way of knowing what the future of Europe will be. At times your obsession with Europe overcomes common sense
  • Options
    Yvette Cooper showing Corbyn how it should be done
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

According to the Russian media he is looking for the "next Syria" and is set on talking the Chinese into a joint operation to stabilise Afghanistan.
    hope he makes a better job of it than we did
  • Options
    edited September 2018

The reality based wing of the Labour Party...unfortunately it looks like they are all going to be purged. At times like this, I would happily have the Cooper-Balls in charge of the PLP.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited September 2018
    Sandpit said:

I expect that he'd invite the Russian ambassador in for a cup of tea, and the ambassador would explain that Russia wasn't involved. They'd both agree that they deplored poisoning wherever it occurred, and that they'd work together to address the root causes of poisoning, namely Western imperialism and Israel.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

He condems Russia for not co- operating with the investigation, according to the Guardian politics live attached.
    His response was badly received across the house - he cannot help himself
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Sandpit said:

I expect that he'd invite the Russian ambassador in for a cup of tea, and the ambassador would explain that Russia wasn't involved. They'd both agree that they deplored poisoning, and that they'd work together to address the root causes of poisoning, namely Western imperialism and Israel.
    Blame on both sides, especially NATO...as it was setup to incite this kind of thing.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Thanks, I hadn't heard that. I suppose that's an explanation for the massive Chinese / Russia join exercises in Russia's far east.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

If you have the time listen to the responses of Corbyn, Blackford and Cable.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Oh dear, you really are conforming to the stereotype of the swivel-eyed intellectually challenged brexiter. Please stop, you are making yourself look increasingly silly
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Not really, it's "hiding in plain sight", we would probably detect unusual travel arrangements more easily.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

Meanwhile, an actual example of people of other nationalities being directly (rather than abstractly) targeted is passing unnoticed.

https://twitter.com/cliodiaspora/status/1037065464130744320

There is a legitimate argument that there should be a trade off between EU citizen rights in the U.K. and vice versa.. like we would have with Australia or the US

That is different to what Farage is saying. He is, as is well known, an odious man with unpleasant views
    Who is looking out for the British people who live in the remainder of the EU?
    Hopefully the government

• Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Mr Ace, what’s your knowledge of the GRU? I’m not sure that many of us have heard of them before today.
  • Options
    Hard to see how we can maintain any kind of relations with a state which sends operatives to murder people in our country and leaves chemical weapons lying around here.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

He'd point out this is the MI6 that assured us all that Iraq possessed WMD.
    Wasn't their advice caveated, but Campbell decided to remove them and make it certain/
  • Options
    MJWMJW Posts: 1,378

MJW said:

On topic:

SNIP

We're on a dark path.

I agree with some of this.

problem?
    I agree and disagree with this in general, and you have expanded upon my point about moderates' failings at length. The more important question though is how you deal with those concerns - in the case of tax avoidance, it's fairly straightforward, even if difficult to put in to practice - seek international agreements outlawing or reducing tax havens' room to undercut and hide. On inter-generational unfairness it's not through want of trying - think the mansion tax or the 'death tax' - but proposals either being flimsy or governments and oppositions blanching at the first sign of trouble. On immigration, it's different, politicians have long tried to "address" concerns about immigration - and it has made the issue worse and more toxic. You need to get out there and make the argument that it is a net benefit, but then you need to make sure you are sharing that net benefit with those at the bottom - who are most likely to see themselves as thwarted or under threat from outsiders.
  • Options
    What the bloody hell was Corbyn's statement?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Yorkcity said:

And the police and security services.
    https://order-order.com/2018/09/05/corbyn-condemn-police/
    Loving his face at the end of that clip. He truly has no sense of humour. At all.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

Dura_Ace said:

I read a good book about the Soviet war in Afghanistan recently — The Great Gamble by Gregory Feifer — why Russia would want to repeat that is beyond my ken.
  • Options
    The afternoon thread is about Scottish independence.

Hope you all enjoy it.
  • Options
    I wonder how Brendan will react to Theresa's latest allegations against the Russians. Last time he accused her of succumbing to 'jingoism and anti-foreigner hysteria' and called Jezza 'sensible'.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/the-jingoistic-fear-of-russia-is-out-of-control/21212#.W4_Gjs5KiUk

Of course, Brendan's a man of high principle, but he needs to earn a living. I hope his pro-Kremlin line won't be detrimental to his lucrative employment by the right-wing press.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Charles said:

Meanwhile, an actual example of people of other nationalities being directly (rather than abstractly) targeted is passing unnoticed.

There is a legitimate argument that there should be a trade off between EU citizen rights in the U.K. and vice versa.. like we would have with Australia or the US

That is different to what Farage is saying. He is, as is well known, an odious man with unpleasant views
    Hopefully the government

as one of those people I am relying on the essential decency of the Danish and their system of government - the British government and Remain campaigners couldn't give a monkeys.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,389

The reality based wing of the Labour Party...unfortunately it looks like they are all going to be purged. At times like this, I would happily have the Cooper-Balls in charge of the PLP.
    Dear god man and I might vote for them if Boris or JRM became leader of the Cons..
  • Options

Hope you all enjoy it.

I do hope it will spell out in glorious detail the options available for the vote.
  • Options
    I still can't believe I had to do a thread on Chris Williamson being the next Labour leader
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Hope you all enjoy it.

I do hope it will spell out in glorious detail the options available for the vote.
    The thread discusses about my vote in the next Scottish indyref
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I still can't believe I had to do a thread on Chris Williamson being the next Labour leader

Did the bad man make you do it? Can you point to where it happened on this doll?

[Sorry. Too much sugar.]
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,389
    kingbongo said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

Hopefully the government

as one of those people I am relying on the essential decency of the Danish and their system of government - the British government and Remain campaigners couldn't give a monkeys.
    Bolleaurik (or whatever the Danish is).

It was the Leavers who wanted instantly to give EU citizens in the UK immediate rights without a care for UK citizens in the EU.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

He went on to persist in saying Russia should be asked for evidence before we draw conclusions and implied both we and Russia were somehow equivalent in our approach to human rights. Deplored the general, not the specific. It was bonkers.

Like telling the victim of a robbery that you deplore all crime, condemning the thief for not handing themselves into the police, but then saying it should really be left up to them to do so and it would be unfair of the police to jump to conclusions by pursuing them when they had stacks of evidence.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,555
    edited September 2018
    Anorak said:

Did the bad man make you do it? Can you point to where it happened on this doll?

[Sorry. Too much sugar.]
    Hah, I was merely following the money.

It was Richard Nabavi's fault, it was his money that moved the odds.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

I expect that he'd invite the Russian ambassador in for a cup of tea, and the ambassador would explain that Russia wasn't involved. They'd both agree that they deplored poisoning wherever it occurred, and that they'd work together to address the root causes of poisoning, namely Western imperialism and Israel.
    He's learned something at least. Best not to meet in hotels for tea.
  • Options
    Chris Bryant from the Labour back bench saying what Corbyn should be saying from the front bench. “This almost certainly goes all the way back to the Kremlin”
  • Options

I genuinely fear you may be right. Look how many retweets that has got. If Corbyn and McDonnell make it to the next election and lose again narrowly, then have to stand aside, he's building himself a handy base of the most crazed Corbynites who he can preach to blaming everyone from Lansman to Blairites for failing dear Jeremy.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,768
    Dura_Ace said:

Not just the Russian media, apparently:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/sign-of-worry-for-india-china-russia-pakistan-joining-hands-on-afghan-problem-says-report/articleshow/57985232.cms

China have, in the last few days, been denying plans to send troops to Afghanistan....

Interesting times to have a Trump in the White House.
  • Options
    Have MI5/MI6 got double/triple agents at the top of GRU in the way that the Cambridge Five infiltrated the KGB?

Honestly the Cambridge Five were the greatest deception since FUSAG.
  • Options

Anorak said:

[Sorry. Too much sugar.]

Do you know if long odds react automatically/algorithmically? Or does some poor soul get a flag on his computer and then changes it all by hand?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,768
    >Book recommendation<

For those with an interest in Shakespeare, or Elizabethan England, Jonathan Bate’s ‘Soul of the Age’ is a very good read.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Anorak said:

[Sorry. Too much sugar.]

Do you know if long odds react automatically/algorithmically? Or does some poor soul get a flag on his computer and then changes it all by hand?
    Shadsy said it mostly automatically.

Usually when a certain amount and/or certain punters betting on it.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Anorak said:

[Sorry. Too much sugar.]

There's usually a ticker for bets, filtered by category, stake size, customer flags etc etc.

Algorithmic price changes tend not to be very easy to implement, especially for lightly traded markets. Algorithmic suspensions are more common.
  • Options
    RT is quite amusing
  • Options

Anorak said:

Anorak said:

[Sorry. Too much sugar.]

There's usually a ticker for bets, filtered by category, stake size, customer flags etc etc.

Algorithmic price changes tend not to be very easy to implement, especially for lightly traded markets. Algorithmic suspensions are more common.
    Huh. Interesting. Ta.

So presumably several of PBs more active gamblers have a flag which is hoisted when they place a significant political bet.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Chris Bryant from the Labour back bench saying what Corbyn should be saying from the front bench. “This almost certainly goes all the way back to the Kremlin”

A succession of Labour backbenchers have responded in a similar vein while Corbyn has sat chatting to Nick Brown.
  • Options

Dura_Ace said:

Or the last time they tried
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Anorak said:

Anorak said:

[Sorry. Too much sugar.]

Huh. Interesting. Ta.

So presumably several of PBs more active gamblers have a flag which is hoisted when they place a significant political bet.
    Exactly so. @Roger has a reverse-flag, natürlich.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,896

Sandpit said:

Surely Israel was behind the attack in Salisbury, in any event?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Dura_Ace said:

Or the last time they tried
    The Afghans will cause merry hell for anyone who invades them and tries to drag the country forward into the 7th Century
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Sean_F said:

Sandpit said:

Surely Israel was behind the attack in Salisbury, in any event?
    nah Trump, the internet made him do it
  • Options
    This is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1037321603351228416
    He added: “It’s really time for people on the Leave side, who want to make sure that the final deal is close to [Theresa May’s] Lancaster House speech, to speak up and make their opinions heard and to get back on the pitch.”
    Because we haven't heard anything from "the Leave side" since the referendum. We haven't heard a peep from normally voluble people like Jacob Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson. No speaking up. No "making their opinions heard". Total radio silence, in fact.

...I mean, what?
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Anorak said:

Anorak said:

[Sorry. Too much sugar.]

Huh. Interesting. Ta.

That's my understanding, except you can miss out 'significant'.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Dura_Ace said:

Mr Ace, what’s your knowledge of the GRU? I’m not sure that many of us have heard of them before today.
    Not that much. I taught English and French to Russian corporates in Moscow for quite a few years so I've rubbed shoulders with a few ex FSB/SVR/GRU types. I got the impression that one never truly "leaves" the service no matter what and that the lines between the intelligence community, the corporations and organised crime are hazy at best. Inter service rivalry is absolutely intense and one of my students told me hair raising tales of how office politics escalated into gunfights with hired Chechen muscle! He also offered to kill my landlord with whom I had a dispute for $2,000. Moscow doesn't believe in tears, as the saying goes...
  • Options
    Mike wants a quiet holiday, free of abuse from the cult.

https://twitter.com/msmithsonpb/status/1037313549188718593?s=21
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

... He also offered to kill my landlord with whom I had a dispute for $2,000. ...

Did you take up the offer?
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,883
    Afternoon all :)

A compelling and substantial case presented by the Met and he Government with regard to the Salisbury attack on the Skripals and of course DS Bailey.

I'm left with a number of questions foremost among which is how unfortunate it was the initial clean up after the Skripal couldn't and didn't find the perfume bottle which poisoned Rowley and Sturgess so much later - perhaps Rowley picked it up soon after the attack but didn't use it until much later (I'm guessing).

We can do very little except point the finger - when WPC Yvonne Fletcher was murdered we cut diplomatic ties with Libya but no one is suggesting that and we still went to the World Cup despite all the calls we shouldn't.

In essence, these two GRU operatives have got away with it and will continue to do so unless they are stupid enough to leave the country or there is substantial regime change in Moscow which looks even less likely.

Yes, this casts a shadow over Anglo-Russian relations but for how long ? How will we craft a trade deal with Russia once we leave the EU with this still going on ?

We can work off the frustration with anti-Corbyn jibes but in the end it makes no odds.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,052
    I haven't heard Corbyn's response but I wasn't overly critical of his initial demand for more evidence. My problem was that it took him so long to respond to the initial event. He didn't seem to get the seriousness of it.
  • Options

Anorak said:

Anorak said:

Anorak said:

[Sorry. Too much sugar.]

Huh. Interesting. Ta.

That's my understanding, except you can miss out 'significant'.
    'Significance' is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. Or the paranoid bookie in this case.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Unless Putin goes on Russian state tv and says ok I fess up, I was behind it, Jezza won't believe it.
  • Options

Dura_Ace said:

... He also offered to kill my landlord with whom I had a dispute for $2,000. ...

Did you take up the offer?
    I am pretty sure I could have got a flint eyed Kyrgyz off a building site to do it for about $200 were I so inclined.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Gosh. How much is he sitting on to give that much away?
    https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1037328441765494789
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Gosh. How much is he sitting on to give that much away?
    https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1037328441765494789

Probably equivalent to the fees he charges for a handful of speaking engagements.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Unless Putin goes on Russian state tv and says ok I fess up, I was behind it, Jezza won't believe it.
    Hypnotised by a mossad agent, obviously. They get everywhere, those pesky zionists.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Sandpit said:

Dura_Ace said:

Not that much. I taught English and French to Russian corporates in Moscow for quite a few years so I've rubbed shoulders with a few ex FSB/SVR/GRU types. I got the impression that one never truly "leaves" the service no matter what and that the lines between the intelligence community, the corporations and organised crime are hazy at best. Inter service rivalry is absolutely intense and one of my students told me hair raising tales of how office politics escalated into gunfights with hired Chechen muscle! He also offered to kill my landlord with whom I had a dispute for $2,000. Moscow doesn't believe in tears, as the saying goes...
    Very interesting, thanks.
  • Options
    NemtynakhtNemtynakht Posts: 2,311
    MJW said:

Yorkcity said:

He went on to persist in saying Russia should be asked for evidence before we draw conclusions and implied both we and Russia were somehow equivalent in our approach to human rights. Deplored the general, not the specific. It was bonkers.

Like telling the victim of a robbery that you deplore all crime, condemning the thief for not handing themselves into the police, but then saying it should really be left up to them to do so and it would be unfair of the police to jump to conclusions by pursuing them when they had stacks of evidence.
    It’s funny. He doesn’t need to see the Israeli Governments evidence for anything before denouncing them.
  • Options

Mike wants a quiet holiday, free of abuse from the cult.

https://twitter.com/msmithsonpb/status/1037313549188718593?s=21

He probably already is, but no-one dare say it yet
  • Options

This is hilarious:

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1037321603351228416

He added: “It’s really time for people on the Leave side, who want to make sure that the final deal is close to [Theresa May’s] Lancaster House speech, to speak up and make their opinions heard and to get back on the pitch.”
    Because we haven't heard anything from "the Leave side" since the referendum. We haven't heard a peep from normally voluble people like Jacob Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson. No speaking up. No "making their opinions heard". Total radio silence, in fact.

...I mean, what?

they've been positively restrained I tell you
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Scott_P said:
    Hypnotised by a mossad agent, obviously. They get everywhere, those pesky zionists.
    It would be funny, if it wasn't so serious.
  • Options
    you can always be on the right side of history is you are so willing to re-write it...

https://twitter.com/IsabelHardman/status/1037331261117935618
  • Options
    NemtynakhtNemtynakht Posts: 2,311
    TOPPING said:

Dear god man and I might vote for them if Boris or JRM became leader of the Cons..
    They must have provisional plans for the split by now. If the deselections start happening then they can be as loyal as they like to ‘the labour party’. - they won’t be it’s representatives.
This discussion has been closed.